- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N: This story is coming to an end. I am hoping to finish it with two more chapters. Hopefully, I can get this wrapped up soon. Thank you for reading!

To those that are awaiting the next chapter of 'Dark Obsession,' I have not abandoned the story. Far from it. My muse is extremely active for that story. I am just finishing this story first so I can work exclusively on one story. Bear with me, it will be coming. 

Another important note for anyone that reads my stories elsewhere. My stories are ONLY being posted here at Kinnetik Dreams, and at A03. My older stories are still listed at FF.net, but I haven't posted new stories there for a long time. I am sorry if this is inconvenient for any of my readers, but what I needed to do.

:)


 

Justin gaped at Brian, unable to process what Brian had just told him. "Uhmm, you're a what?"

 

Brian rolled further away and stood to his feet, deciding that being dressed was probably best for this kind of conversation. He slid into his jeans, and only his jeans. It was his hope that Justin would quickly accept this unexpected truth, and they could return to more pleasant endeavors. Perhaps an unlikely event...but one that he believed to be possible. The fact that Justin's eyes seemed to be more filled with questions than abject horror gave him some hope. 

 

Drolly, Brian replied, "Vampire, Justin. I realize you probably haven't met one before, but my kind does exist." Brian watched as Justin's eyes widened, not quite fearfully, but caution now present. "I don't want you to be frightened. I would never hurt you, or allow anyone else to hurt you." Brian stopped at telling Justin the lengths he had gone to protect him. He doubted Justin would be ready for that discussion now. He wondered if ever. For a moment, Brian considered his own words. Could he even promise not to let anyone hurt him? Ben would be filled with rage about what he was risking now. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Ben would be waiting nearby for a showdown. That meeting wouldn't be pleasant. 

 

Justin bit his lip hesitantly, uncertain how he should be responding. Strangely, he wasn't afraid. If anything, he was intrigued. There had been so many opportunities if Brian had intended to hurt him...or worse. Each time he had looked into Brian's mesmerizing eyes, he had seen desire, and knowing what he knew now, it could have been hunger. Or was it both? "Uhhh, I-I don't really understand. How is this possible? And, why are you telling me now?"

 

Brian smirked slightly. "I just bit you and fed on your delicious blood. There wouldn't be any denying that."

 

"I was so lost in the moment, I wouldn't have known it for what it was." Justin shook his head dazedly. "You just told me you're a vampire. I still don't understand what it was---"

 

"It was me losing myself in the moment as well, Justin. The scent of your blood is addictive." Brian stared hungrily at the far too enticing young man, certain that simply discussing this would make him even more hungry for Justin. "You have no idea how good you taste to me..."

 

Justin lowered his gaze, before lifting his eyes back up to meet Brian's stormy gaze. "Just my blood...or all of me?"

 

Brian growled. "This is NOT the time to tease me with your newly developed provocative ways." When Justin's eyes widened, to Brian's relief, in what appeared to be curiosity, Brian moved closer, his nostrils flaring as he inhaled the delicious scent of this unique specimen of a man. "You have so much to learn about yourself, and me as well; however, I think you are starting to understand how much I want to devour you on every possible level."

 

"You have never hidden that you wanted me...but now I see that there's so much more." Justin looked at Brian with a touch of uncertainty in his eyes. "Is it always about blood? With me, I mean."

 

Brian shook his head, forcing himself to remain still, and not move any closer while Justin asked his questions. He was sure this was only the beginning of them. "No. That's a recent development. At first, I was simply overcome by lust. I've never reacted so instantly to another man. I became obsessed with having you. It was sex, although, I did want to feed on you. I'm a vampire. It goes with the territory. The night that I followed you to the waterfront, the call of your blood was irresistible. I had to taste you." Brian closed his eyes when he remembered that first brief taste. Justin's blood was the sweetest thing he had ever tasted. Now he knew why...but then, he just wanted to devour him. "It was very brief. I wasn't comfortable about revealing myself - then and there - at the same time, I just couldn't resist you."

 

Justin wrinkled up his nose at the very thought. "I can't imagine that my blood would be that much different than anyone else."

 

Closing his eyes, deeply inhaling Justin's scent, Brian's eyes were red when he looked at Justin, hunger suddenly overwhelming him. Fucking fairy blood, Brian thought to himself. After feeding on him again, he was now obsessed with that special flavor. He needed to get that under control. Taking a step back, his mouth nearly salivating at the thought of another taste of his sweet fairy blood, Brian growled, "You have no idea how different. Your blood is special, Justin."

 

Justin was about to ask how it was special when his eyes focused on Brian's glowing red eyes. Gasping, Justin whispered, "Red eyes...it was you! The eyes in my visions. Beautiful and terrifying---" Justin shook his head, back and forth. "I don't understand, Brian. I was frightened after those visions...and yet, I'm still not afraid of you. It's an instinctive feeling that I don't understand. I just know you wouldn't hurt me. Ever."

 

Brian smiled, the monster inside of him settling...at least for the moment. Ben was so wrong. No matter what Justin discovered here, their secrets would be safe with him. He wasn't sure why he was confident - he only knew that he was. Moving closer, Brian sat down on the far side of the bed, turning to fully face Justin, but still a proper distance away from him. "No, I wouldn't. In fact, no one would go as far to protect you as I would." Brian wondered if Justin was ready to know just how far he had gone to protect him. He didn't understand it himself, but he did long for full disclosure between them. It went against his more predatory instincts as a vampire, but Justin was special. Finally possessing him hadn't lessened his pull to the other man. He only wanted him more. In fact, he needed him in every possible way. "Your visions are a form of magic of their own. You are human, but there is more to you, Justin. In time, you will understand it all."

 

Justin's eyes narrowed at Brian's comment, awareness instantly overcoming him. "You know something about why I have the visions. Brian, you have to tell me. This has been afflicting me for years. I hate the feeling when they overtake me. I have no control of my thoughts or what I see, and sometimes they are ominous and terrifying."

 

"Such as the one you had of me." Brian didn't have a doubt of what he had been doing at the time. When he was hunting he could be a savage. That was something that would never change, and such a big part of him that he wouldn't apologize for it...not that he ever apologized to anyone for anything. He wasn't sure that he should go as far as to tell Justin what he knew about his heritage, that he was a fairy. Justin was already being overwhelmed with so much intense information. Would knowing that be too much?

 

"Yeah, it was." Justin bit his lip, looking down and then back up at Brian's watchful gaze. "So uhmmm you attacked Seth in the alley?"

 

Brian nodded, watching Justin closely. "I did. Although, I didn't know you at the time." Thinking about that night, Brian knew he wasn't being entirely honest, and for whatever reason, he gruffly continued, "I have enhanced gifts, ones that aren't typical for a vampire. Not only can I compel my victims to forget, and basically do my bidding, I can also see into their minds, the images that they can see...but without hearing the sound. I saw you that night, and I wanted you instantly."

 

"Uhmmm, this compulsion...I am assuming you did this to me at some time?" Justin asked, finding it to be a logical sequence of events. Instantly, Justin realized he didn't even seem to care about Seth being Brian's victim. Then, he was horrified by the vision, but now, after everything he had learned about his former boyfriend, he couldn't feel anything about the attack.

 

Brian grunted. "I tried on a few occasions. Your mind is impervious to compulsion. At first, I thought it was the drugs that were blocking that part of your brain, but Ben realized the cause when you arrived here." Brian realized he was heading into the direct conversation of what he wasn't sure he should tell him now, but it seemed pointless to hide it from Justin after all he had already divulged. Who knew if Justin would ever find someone that could give him the answers he needed about his own past. 

 

"Your brother?" Justin gasped. "How would he know anything about me?"

 

"Ben has special gifts far beyond my own. He had psychic abilities as a human. When he became a vampire, they were greatly exacerbated." Brian knew he was playing with fire in telling Justin so much so soon, but once he started it was like a dam had been opened up. He wanted to tell him everything. It was then that he realized the unimaginable had happened. Ben had been right all along. He had feelings for Justin. Because of those feelings, he wanted Justin to accept everything about him. He wasn't sure that could ever happen, but he needed full disclosure before they could move forward. 

 

Once more, Justin's eyes widened his mouth opening and closing quickly. "Oh my. Your brother. It hadn't even occurred to me that he could be a vampire too. I thought he was a bit odd when we met earlier, but I guess I just thought he was taken off guard by my arrival here." 

 

"He was at first, and I won't say he approves of our relationship. It worries him. Ben has always been extremely overprotective of me, in life and after." Brian smiled as he recalled the time of his turning. Ben had never wanted this life for him, but when he was the victim of a violent crime and lay bleeding out, Ben had refused to let his life end that way. "I have been a vampire for nearly seventy-five years, my brother even longer than that. I was attacked from behind. There was so much blood, and in those times, very little that could be done to save me."

 

"Your brother couldn't bear the thought of losing you, so he made you like him..." Justin surmised, never having a doubt even in their short acquaintance how much Ben loved his younger brother. 

 

"Precisely," Brian agreed. "Ben hadn't ever taken my blood before that night, that was abhorrent to him to use me like that. He was always my best friend and my fiercest protector. He still is, but I often wish he would lighten up. I can take care of myself."

 

"I think his position is understandable considering the circumstances of you becoming like him." Justin didn't care if Brian was a vampire, a monster to anyone that crossed his path, he was still grateful that Ben had made the choice he had. "I'm glad he did, Brian. Otherwise, I never would have met you."

 

Excluding the evil intentions Seth had planned for Justin, Brian wasn't sure meeting him was the best thing for the sensitive blond, but, he didn't do regrets, and he certainly wouldn't start now. Brian shook his head, knowing he was going to tell him everything about Seth, aware that this could cost him everything. If Justin reacted in a bad way, he knew that Ben would want to kill Justin...but he wouldn't allow that. If he had to leave the life he had built here, then, that was what he would do. It wasn't like he hadn't started over before. He would do so again. "I know you have questions about Ben and how he knows so much about you, and I will answer everything...but there's something else I need to tell you."

 

Justin's eyes focused intently on Brian, a chill running down his spine at the ice that formed in Brian's eyes, an innate feeling that this was going to be very bad. "What is it?" Reaching over, Justin laid his hand over Brian's fist that had begun clenching into the bed covers, wanting nothing more than to soothe the savage beast that seemed to be rising to the surface. He squeezed it gently before pulling it back to him, uncertain how much contact Brian wanted from him right now. "Your secrets are safe with me, Brian. I trust you, no matter what you have told me tonight. I want you to trust me too."

 

"I'm not sure you will feel the same in a moment, but I want you to understand that the actions I took were done to protect you. He would have never stopped, either with you or another victim after he was done with you. I saw his evil intentions in his mind, and he admitted them to me under compulsion. I did what I had to do..."

 

Justin swallowed, not a doubt in his mind where this was going. "It's about Seth, isn't it? 

 

"I had to protect you and anyone else he tried to victimize. I killed him, Justin...and I would do it again."

 

TBC