- Text Size +

 

Justin walked next to Brian, his footsteps quick and steady, but sensing that the man walking with him had slowed his normal pace to accommodate him. There was something strangely mesmerizing about this man. He was undoubtedly mysterious, but in a way, frightening as well. He glanced up at him and smiled, a bit nervous when he spoke, "Uhhh, you really didn't need to walk me home. I would have found my way."

 

"I'm sure you would, but then I would have been deprived of the opportunity of getting to know you better." Brian turned to look into the beautiful blue eyes, his own blazing when he spoke, "That is something I very much want to do." Brian didn't add the most important reason for his presence, which was simply knowing where the tempting and intriguing blond lived.

 

"You do realize that I don't live alone and that I have a boyfriend?" Justin queried, looking sideways at him curiously.

 

Brian looked away for a brief moment, just long enough to blink away the flash of anger that he knew had been present in his eyes. Not quite anger, but something else; however, he wasn't quite sure of what. His responses to the beautiful blond mystified him. There was so much that fascinated him about this man. Feeling that he needed to proceed slowly with Justin wasn't easy for a man such as himself, but the very fact that he couldn't seem to penetrate Justin's mind with his thoughts and enforce his will, he needed to be cautious. That knowledge would typically convince him to distance himself from such sweet temptation, but his lust wouldn't allow him to be reasonable. He had to have this man. And, have him he would.

 

"Of course I remember; however, he is your boyfriend only because you met him first." Brian winked at him, before adding, "Perhaps I want you to reconsider that choice."

 

"Uh huh." Justin grinned as he continued to walk. "A man of confidence. You exude in it. I can't deny that I find that quality extremely hot."

 

Gently, but firmly, Brian clasped Justin's arm, steering him away from the flow of all the others that were walking, and taking him into a dark alley that was only dimly lit by high street lights. "I'm sure I can provide you with even more to pique your interest---"

 

Justin's eyes widened, for some reason unable to look away from the man that had maneuvered him into this now vulnerable position. "Uhmmm, I'm sure you can... but, I - I don't think this is a safe place for us to be." Immediately, Justin's mind went back to his strange visions in regards to Seth. Red eyes and a dark abandoned alley. He didn't think this was the same alley, but the concept was still the same.

 

Brian smiled, his hand reaching up to lightly stroke against the blond's soft and perfect cheek. Such soft skin. He couldn't wait to touch and taste him all over. "I can promise you that nothing will hurt you while you're with me."

 

Biting his bottom lip, Justin once again lifted his eyes to meet Brian's stormy gaze, unable to look away from the stark hunger that was so openly reflected. "I'm not sure if you are simply overconfident or just outrageously arrogant. But, realistically, that is a very difficult promise to keep. As a former victim of an act of violence, I know how quickly things can change."

 

"Your doubts are understandable, Justin; however, you don't know me. Let's leave it there." Brian licked his lips, his eyes hungry and intent on Justin's mouth, determined to acquire at least a brief taste of this man, not a doubt in his mind that one kiss would heighten his lust even more. Once again, he tried to intercept Justin's mind, believing that he could find the answer as to why he couldn't break through... and wanting to achieve that connection more than ever before.

 

Justin... Brian mentally chanted the blond's name over and over. When Justin blinked but continued looking at him expectantly, and without falling under his allure, he knew he still was fighting an invisible barrier that he couldn't penetrate. Forget everything else and concentrate on me. Feel my desire for you and succumb to your own for me. Kiss me of your own free will. Don't make me take it!

 

Shaking his head, Justin frowned in confusion, images of kissing Brian overwhelming him, but uncertain of why. It was almost like he could hear Brian whispering to him, but he couldn't decipher the words. "I - I don't understand. I'm so confused..."

 

Brian stepped in closer, his body brushing against Justin's, his hands moving up to frame Justin's face, forcing him to keep his eyes on him. "How are you confused? What are you thinking about right now?"

 

"I don't know how to explain it. I can't make any sense of it..." Justin laughed nervously. "Maybe Seth is right and I need my medication increased. I think I'm losing it---"

 

Medication? Fuck, that was it. Now he remembered Justin's undeserving boyfriend divulging that when he had manipulated his mind. It was his belief that Justin needed to be off of the medication. Until then, he couldn't fully penetrate his thoughts. Also, he doubted Justin really needed the medicine, and that it was really just Seth's way of controlling Justin. Despite how much he wanted to take advantage of their solitude and Justin's vulnerability to him, he knew the matter of Justin's medicine needed to be resolved. "I think you need to stop the medicine entirely. I'm not a doctor, but I have the feeling that it isn't necessary. I'm not saying that it wasn't at one time, but I do know that continuing to use a drug when it isn't needed could be causing some severe side effects."

 

"That isn't possible..." Justin protested. "Seth would know. He's a nurse. It was prescribed following tests that he suggested."

 

Brian gritted his teeth, realizing that Justin wasn't ready to see how twisted his boyfriend truly was. It hadn't taken much effort on his part to reach that conclusion, and with a clear head, he believed Justin would do the same. His dilemma was getting Justin's head free of drugs in the most civilized manner possible. Draining the blood from Seth was certainly an option, but he didn't kill for sport, no matter how much he might enjoy it in this particular case. "Again, I did say that maybe initially it was needed, but that might not be the case any longer."

 

Now that Brian's body wasn't pushed so intimately against him, Justin anxiously insisted, "I really need to get home."

 

"Fine..." Brian snapped, silently berating himself when Justin flinched from the ice in his tone. So much for putting the younger man at ease, he thought to himself. "Just think about what I've said. Take small steps. Skip the medicine for a few days and see how you feel. You can always start taking it again."

 

Stepping out of the alley, once again walking alongside the supremely magnetic and much too attractive man, Justin inclined his head in agreement. "I will think about it."

 

"Good," Brian responded, his mind churning with all the possibilities of this man with an unclogged and penetrable mind. Not only would this benefit his pursuit of this beautiful and tempting man, but he believed he would be helping him too. Seth needed to be out of the way. There were civilized ways he could reach that goal. He would start implementing his plans tonight. And if that didn't work... well, there were other ways.

 

For the next ten minutes, they walked silently, the silence not at all awkward, but actually comfortable between them. Neither of them spoke until they reached the large brownstone where Justin lived. Justin turned and smiled warmly at Brian, for some reason saddened it was time to say goodbye. "This is where I live. Thank you for walking me home. It's been an interesting evening."

 

Once again, Brian reached out and trailed his finger along Justin's cheek, unable to resist touching him even in the most casual way. "It has; although, not as interesting as I would have liked."

 

"Well, I guess things can't always be as we want---"

 

"Speak for yourself, youngster. I always get what I want, whether immediately OR not!" Brian growled, his most feral tendencies continuing to roar to life with this particular man. Realizing that now was the moment he needed to bide his time, Brian took a step back, his eyes sweeping over his hot blond one final time. His eyes lingering the longest on Justin's full raspberry colored lips, Brian allowed the lust to be visible in his gaze, determined to say goodnight leaving Justin with the lasting memory of the burning desire that consumed him.

 

"Goodnight, Justin. I'm sure we'll meet again soon..."

 

Justin nodded, uncertain of how he should respond to the other man's determined statement. For a moment, he watched Brian's unhurried steps, before turning to walk into his building, unaware that once his attention was removed from his persistent admirer, Brian's steps had escalated to being as quick as the speed of light. Here and gone in the blink of an eye.

 

TBC