- Text Size +

 

One Week Later...

 

Justin closed the door behind him, immediately calling out Seth's name. Moving through their apartment, Justin frowned when Seth continued to appear absent. Where had he gone this time? It didn't make sense, nor did his boyfriend's behavior during the course of the past week. It had been exactly one week since Brian had walked him home from Babylon. And, what a strange and interesting walk that had been...

 

Shaking his head, determined not to think about the strangely captivating Brian Kinney, Justin pondered Seth's recent behavior, unable to form any sort of logical conclusion. During the past week, Seth had been gone more than he had not, hours that were in much excess of his shifts at the hospital. They had certainly evolved into ships that pass in the night.  As much as a part of him enjoyed a break from Seth's typical hovering and controlling inclinations, he was still very confused. Seth was normally over-the-top attentive to him and had been since they had first met. His behavior was an oddity in an extreme way.

 

Attentive was actually a mild assessment of Seth's typical behavior in regards to him. Much of the time, Seth's possessive manner often had him feeling as if he was walking on eggshells around him... especially when in the presence of other men. In some ways, Seth reminded him of the mysterious Brian Kinney. They were both dominant men; and, since he didn't know Brian that well, he wasn't sure which man was more so... but for some reason, his instincts told him that Brian could be. The very thought of those intense and penetrating eyes caused a shiver to course down his spine...

 

Once more, Justin shook his head. He needed to focus on the here and now - in essence, his own reality. Fantasy had no place in his life. Fuck! There his drifting mind went again. Fantasy? He was happy with Seth, or at least, he had been. At least, he had believed himself to be happy. More and more, he had been thinking about their relationship and beyond. Perhaps going cold turkey on his medication hadn't been such a good idea. Although his thoughts had become more clear, he was suddenly overthinking everything. At times it seemed slightly overwhelming.

 

It was about time to start cooking dinner, and he wasn't sure what to do in regards to that either. Would he be eating alone tonight... again? Seth usually slept during the day, and they spent the evening together before his shift at the hospital. That clearly hadn't been the case lately. They really needed to talk. So many questions kept coming to his mind, and as he thought about it, he was certain they had occurred to him shortly after his medication had been cleared from his system. 

 

And, that was another thing. A stranger had been right about that. He had been consuming unnecessary medication for such a long time. Why had Seth been so insistent on him taking the medication? Seth had seemed slightly conflicted when they had discussed it. It was a brief conversation, which was exactly how their recent interactions had been. Although Seth had professed to agree with his choice, there had still been something not quite right. He had begun to wonder if there could be another reason Seth had wanted him to be medicated. But, that just didn't make any sense...

 

Frowning when his stomach began to growl, Justin moved into the kitchen, deciding he could, at the very least, fix that problem. Tonight, he would cook for one, and not labor over a meal that would either be left untouched by his boyfriend or unappreciated... if not both. As he looked in the cupboard and refrigerator, deciding what to prepare for yet another solo meal, he realized that talking with Seth was long overdue. Now that he was thinking a lot more clearly, he could see so many problems in their relationship. It was time they figured out what direction they were moving. 

 

As he pulled boxes from the cupboard, his breath lodged in his throat when he caught a glimpse of those menacing red eyes staring into his own. How was this even possible? He hadn't experienced one of his visions for weeks now. In fact, he had assumed it had been an effect of the medication. Was it just a mere memory of the premonition he had told Seth about? One that Seth denied ever coming true... or was it happening again? Grasping the counter tightly, Justin didn't fight the wave that overcame him, realizing to do so would be futile. Once again, those red eyes stared unblinkingly at him. But... why did he feel it was at him? The last time, it was Seth in danger in a dark alley with those penetrating eyes that seemed to stab into his very soul. Now, he felt they were directed at him. What did it all mean... and most important of all - who was the face that was hidden in the shadows behind those dark, menacing eyes? 

 


 

Brian barely looked up from the top of the head of the dark-haired man that was presently servicing his cock at the man that walked through the doors of his private office without the courtesy of knocking, his senses telling him precisely who had just entered. Seth. Justin's undeserving and criminal boyfriend. A brief smile twitched over his lips as he thought to himself - not for much longer.

 

Glaring at the man that halted as soon as he noticed the man on his knees behind the desk, Brian snapped, "You are fortunate I am nearly finished, or there would be consequences." As his throat began to ache and another hunger began to form, his eyes started to burn and glow. "Perhaps there will be since you have interfered in my other needs being satisfied---"

 

Seth cleared his throat, blinking in confusion. "I - I just thought if I arrived a little early, maybe I could get home earlier. Justin has been wondering where I've been spending my time... and the guy at the bar, your friend, I believe, told me that I should go straight back - that you were expecting me."

 

Ignoring the reference of the guy at the bar, instinctively knowing it was either Emmett or worse yet - Michael interfering again, Brian firmly pushed himself into the trick's mouth, the mention of Justin all it took to make him close to releasing. Fuck. That hot little blond had too much power over him. He needed to fuck him and taste him. It didn't even matter in what order... but he needed to have all of him, and soon. His focus was for shit in the meantime. And, that wasn't safe at all. Brian was silent as he pumped his release into the eager man's throat, now in a hurry to complete their business, knowing he would need to feed before he dealt with the obnoxious Seth. If not, he would probably rip him apart... and he didn't want that in his office at a filled Babylon.

 

"Lock the door, and have a seat. I will deal with you soon enough." Brian didn't watch to see if his orders were being followed. He knew they would be. Despite how commanding Seth tried to be with Justin, it had been all too easy to break through those barriers. He wasn't a true dominant at all. He was a user. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he would be doing Justin a favor extricating him from his life. After tonight, it would resolve very quickly. Either way, dominance or not didn't truly matter once he exerted his full power. Mortals had no hope of resistance. Soon, he would determine if Justin's medication was what had hindered him. No man had ever been able to resist his power. It couldn't possibly be more than that.

 

Brian watched the trick as he stood to his feet, his eyes blood red as they feasted on his partially bare chest, pleased that his access to his flesh would be quick and effortless. "Back up against the wall." Both men gasped when his fangs extracted. Brian laughed in response, first at the trick's sudden horror, and Seth's shock that he would feed in front of him. What did it really matter? Neither of them would remember moments after the deed was done. Slowly, Brian advanced towards his prey, his hunger causing his hazel eyes to glow, becoming a brighter red... menacing and alluring all at the same time.

 

"P-please... I-I don't know what you're into here, but I just want to go now." The trick was immediately silent when Brian raised his hand to silence him, his eyes burning into the other man's. At once, the man couldn't look away; in fact, no longer had the desire to do so.

 

"Relax. This will be quick... and you might actually enjoy it---" Brian didn't intend on giving the trick time to question him further, he wanted this business done quickly. First of all, his hunger needed to be fed, and his next priority would be dealing with Seth - once and for all. He was tired of waiting for what he most desired. As it was, he had already waited longer for Justin than he had any other man. That wait was nearly over. In one swift move, Brian slid his fangs into the man's neck, drinking hungrily from him, not the least bit surprised when he felt the man's dick hardening against him, accustomed to his prey becoming hot under his onslaught. As he fed on the willing man, Brian projected erotic imagery into the trick's mind, giving the man the most intense and pleasurable experience. In most cases, Brian tried to give as well as take. Even though it couldn't be considered an equal exchange, it was the best he could offer during such circumstances. However, in the case of the less deserving such as Seth... no pleasure was ever intentionally given.

 

Brian knew precisely how long he could safely feed in order for his victim to walk away on his own. It was a skill he had refined over the years and one that was crucial to his survival. He pulled his fangs out and stared intensely into the other man's dark and empty eyes. "All you will remember is having more pleasure than you've ever known. Go now."

 

Nodding his head slowly, the trick agreed. "Pleasure. Yes, it was..." Without another word, he silently walked to the door, unlocking it and closing it behind him, unaware and uncaring of what would transpire in the room following his departure. 

 

Returning to his desk, Brian tapped his chin thoughtfully, now that he was fed and feeling a bit less savage, deciding he needed to know if it had been Michael attempting to cause problems again, or his other somewhat friends attempting to be helpful. Aware that Seth was fully under his control now without the need for his hypnotizing eyes, Brian calmly stated, "Before we attend to more serious matters, I would like to know who sent you back here unannounced."

 

In his transfixed state, Seth immediately answered, "I don't know his name. He had dark hair, with a higher-pitched voice than is normal."

 

"Michael..." he hissed. If Michael was wise, which he knew he probably wouldn't be, he just could be his third victim this early in the night. As much as he abhorred the thought of placing his mouth on Michael's neck, it just might come to that. Placing him under his control was preferable to killing him, albeit only slightly. His head turned to stare coldly at the other man that had become a nuisance and a source of disgust to him. He pulled out a pad of paper and a pen, laying them quietly on the desk. "Come here and sit across from me."

 

Immediately, Seth obeyed the command, unable to do anything other than just that. Unblinking, he watched as Brian pushed the pad and pen towards him, looking at him in confusion. "What do you want me to do?"

 

"You will write a confession of your crime against Justin, making certain to start with a statement asserting that you are of sound mind and judgment."  Of course, he knew that wasn't exactly the truth... but first and foremost, the legalities needed to be observed. Brian stared coldly at the other man, almost hoping he would find the will to fight him. Ripping him apart was an act that would provide him the most immense of pleasure; although, a more civilized approach is what he always tried to achieve.

 

Seth picked up the pad and pen, holding them both, but not writing anything on the paper. "I will lose Justin, my career and everything..."

 

"You should have thought about the consequences before you committed such a heinous crime!" Brian snarled. "Depending on your administrative staff, and the code of ethics they exude, you will most likely go to prison as well." Shrugging his shoulders completely indifferent to the odious man's dilemma, Brian menacingly told him, "Start writing or I will drain you now!"

 

Unable to do anything else, Seth began writing, after so much blood being taken by Brian in the past couple of weeks, his will completely obliterated. Once he finished writing his statement, he moved to pass it back to the intense and observant vampire, nearly jumping when Brian barked, "Sign it!"

 

His hand shaking, Seth signed the paper, once again, handing it back to Brian, his eyes wide and unblinking completely under the immortal's power. 

 

Quickly, Brian read it, smiling in satisfaction. Although he wished this confession could be brought about in another way, he knew with this man it would never happen. He would continue to play his cruel games not only with Justin but anyone else that it amused him to do so. This man was a criminal and needed to be punished. It was so tempting to see to that himself... but Justin needed to know what this man had done to him, and soon, the blond would know everything.

 

Tearing the sheet of paper, Brian folded it before handing it back to him. "Very good. You will give it to your employer immediately. Whatever happens... happens."

 

Nodding, Seth placed the piece of paper in his pocket, staring expectantly at the dangerous man. "Will that be all?"

 

"Not quite..." Instantly, Brian's eyes displayed a glowing red fire, his hunger renewed at the culmination of his plan. As much as he knew this cleared his path to what he desired most, that wasn't the predominant reason he was proceeding in such a manner. Seth had committed a despicable crime against Justin; and, if he probed further, would he find Justin hadn't been Seth's only victim of such a vile act? He wasn't going to do that; although, he trusted that the authorities would explore every possibility. Either way, Seth would be gone for a very long time.

 

Standing up, Brian moved around the desk, his eyes glowing and his hunger growing in him. "You will go home and confess to Justin what you have done. He will have the chance to tell you what a disgusting human you are." Brian's fangs extracted, in one quick motion, pulling the man to his feet, and with his vampire speed pushing him into the wall next to the door, his hand reaching out to lock it once again. His fangs slid into Seth's neck, angrily he began drinking from him, in his mind projecting horrific images into the other man's mind should he fail to obey his commands. 

 

When he was finished, he pulled back to look into Seth's eyes, satisfied with the pallor of his skin, knowing he took an excessive amount of blood, but not enough that he couldn't survive his journey home, nor what would inevitably follow. Brian bit into his own wrist and forced the man to drink a few drops of his blood, this deeper connection making it easier to track him and know if Seth completed his task. "Now my power is absolute. I will sense your desires, anxiety, or any indecision. If you fail me, Seth. I WILL kill you tonight."

 

Brian unlocked and opened the door, continuing to send images of death into the other man's mind, knowing not only had he assisted with justice being rendered more swiftly... but, his pursuit of Justin could truly begin now. For some reason, he sensed that Justin's reaction would be more of anger than of a broken heart. Either way, one problem was nearly resolved. As he walked out of his office, and out to the bar, Brian's eyes narrowed on Michael sitting by himself, seemingly waiting and watching for his return. As he had feared would be the result, Michael had only temporarily heeded his dire warnings.

 

Tonight, the problem of Michael Novotny would be resolved...

 

TBC