- Text Size +

 

Brian's eyes remained fixated on the couple at the end of the bar, uncaring of the familiar voice he heard calling out to him from the distance. Emmett Honeycutt. At least, it wasn't Michael; although, he was fairly certain that relief would be short-lived. Emmett didn't really bother him; in fact, he found him entertaining. He had already started to like him, which for him, was extremely odd. When Emmett sat at the stool next to him in a dramatic flourish, Brian briefly turned his head to the side, his eyebrow raising in a silent question.

 

"Can I buy you a drink?" Brian asked in boredom, thinking that would be the quickest way to turn Emmett's attention away from him, enabling him to concentrate fully on his hunt.

 

Emmett gasped in surprise. "Buy me a drink?" He held his hand to his chest. "What's come over you, stud?" Waving his hand in the air boisterously, Emmett exuberantly proclaimed, "It takes more than a drink to get my pants off, especially before Babylon opens."

 

Brian almost choked on his own drink. "Relax, Honeycutt. I have no aspirations for acquiring either your pants... or what's inside of them."

 

Shrugging uncaringly, he told him, "That's your loss, hot stuff." Turning away, Emmett motioned the bartender over, saying in a voice loud enough for everyone nearby to hear, "I'd like a Cosmo... and Brian is buying---"

 

The bartender looked at Brian inquiringly, not moving to make the drink until receiving a nod from Brian in response. "I'm filled with a generous spirit tonight." Brian looked down at the two men that held his attention, one of them in particular, deciding it was time to make his presence known. "In fact, Chaz, those two men at the end of the bar, set them up with another round."

 

"Sure thing, Brian." Mixing Emmett's drink first, and placing it in front of him, he took the bills that Brian extended, nodding his head in thanks when he was waved away, knowing it was his way of telling him to keep the change.

 

Emmett turned to look at Brian, and then at the two at the end of the bar, unsure which man Brian was chasing, but thinking this could be a fun evening. "Which one? Or is it both?" Emmett took a drink, laughing excitedly, knowing he would soon see the stud in action. He squinted when he watched the blond looking down the length of the bar, amazed at the gorgeous baby blue eyes. "What a cutie! No, it couldn't be him. He seems so sweet. Much too tame for you."

 

"Shut the fuck up, Honeycutt!" Brian growled, finally successful in making eye contact with the hot blond. Emmett wasn't the least bit mistaken. Those eyes were fucking beautiful. He couldn't wait to see them shimmering in desire... all for him. The blond stared at him for a long moment, before he smiled and raised his glass, only lowering his gaze when his boyfriend harshly cleared his throat next to him.

 

Emmett glared at his new friend. "I've told you, don't call me Honeycutt! And, it seems your blond bombshell is already taken. I don't think his boyfriend likes your attention."

 

Brian's attention turned to the man next to the blond, his victim of last night. He smiled mockingly as the man glared at him, knowing he was aware that it was the younger man's attention he sought. He frowned when he noticed the blond looking around, but not focusing on anything or anyone for long, almost as if he was uncomfortable to do so. Brian knew there was a story there, and that it probably had to do with his boyfriend, but he didn't plan on involving himself in that. Once he had fucked the blond, it would be finished. That's how it always was. This man wouldn't be any different.

 

Looking toward the door, Emmett mumbled, "Where are Michael and Ted? They are usually here before now---"

 

Brian grunted. "Ted is probably at the club already crunching my numbers. And, Michael, who the fuck cares?"

 

"Did the two of you have a fight?" Emmett asked, his eyes traveling around the room while he talked to Brian.

 

Staring at him incredulously, Brian shook his head. "What the fuck are you talking about? I don't have time for this." Brian finished his drink in one quick swallow, before standing to his feet and moving away from the bar. "It's time I met my friends at the end of the bar." His eyes swept over Emmett in dismissal. "Later, Honeycutt."

 

"Don't call me that!" Emmett shouted as Brian moved away, before cheerily calling out, "And, thanks for the drink!"

 

Ignoring Emmett and everyone else around him, Brian advanced to the two men seated at the end of the bar, his eyes eating one of them alive. He couldn't wait to feast his eyes on all of him before he proceeded to take him in every possible way. "Good evening..." he spoke in a low husky voice, his eyes completely on the nervous blond, the near shyness the boy possessed only turning him on even more.

 

Standing to his feet, the other man unwisely decided to step in between them. "I'm Seth, and this is Justin. Thank you for the drinks, but we're not interested in whatever it is you're offering."

 

"I'm Brian Kinney." Instantly, he enforced calm in himself. Now wasn't the time to become overbearing... but he could feel the compulsion to do so quickly building. "I haven't offered anything... yet, but let me assure you, when I do, you'll know it."

 

"Uhhh, Seth. Maybe we should just go home..." Justin mumbled, suddenly feeling extremely uneasy.

 

"Nonsense. I can handle this." Seth's eyes moved over the man that he was certain was hoping for a hook-up with Justin, convinced that once he set him straight, the evening could progress as he had planned. They hadn't fucked in such a long time. He'd be damned if this man would prevent that from happening. 

 

For the moment, Brian's interest moved to the man he now knew as ‘Seth,' the man from last night. I can handle this, he had said. He realized that equated into him saying that he could handle him. This could be more fun than he'd ever imagined. As much as he wanted to toy with the pretentious Seth, he wanted to become better acquainted with Justin even more. It was time to use all the weapons he possessed.

 

Stepping around the man, and once again looking at Justin, Brian looked into his eyes, frowning when some sort of block seemed to impede him. Justin blinked as if he felt something, but he seemed unaffected by his aura. How very interesting, he thought to himself. Once he had his blood, that would all change. For now, though, Seth was helpless in resisting his commands. He would utilize that advantage. Brian's eyes became darker, twin pools that hypnotized their victim, his desire transferred silently to the other man.

 

Excuse yourself and meet me out back in the alley behind the building. Don't make me return for you...

 

Brian returned his gaze to Justin, his eyes hot and smoldering on the young man. He left no doubt as to how much he wanted him. Despite Justin's somewhat timid act, he wasn't falling for it. This man had an inner strength. He could sense it. And, being a feral creature himself, he always relied on his senses. "I'm afraid I can't stay. It's almost time for Babylon to open, and since it's my club, I do like to be on hand to welcome my guests." He reached into his pocket and pulled out two passes to get inside. "If the two of you should decide to use these, they will get you past the line and security unimpeded."

 

"Thank you..." Justin whispered, unable to take his eyes off of the enigmatic brunet. He was silent as the man walked away, before glancing at Seth to find him in a similar spellbound state. "Well, that was strange." Justin leaned in to give Seth a kiss on the cheek, before standing up and telling him, "I'll be right back. I'm going to the restroom." Justin frowned when Seth nodded impatiently, having the immediate feeling that something was wrong. What could it possibly be this time?

 


 

Brian smiled in the darkness, even without the gift of sound, innately knowing when his prey was near. It was a simple deduction since he had fed from him last night, but in this case, an extremely convenient one. In quick order, he would learn a bit more about Justin... and have this interfering third wheel gone from the games tonight. It might be a temporary measure, but perhaps tonight was all he would need.

 

With unnecessary force, Brian grabbed Seth's arm, quickly yanking him to him, and pushing him against the wall of the building, darkness acting as a shroud around them; although, Brian could clearly see the sudden terror on the man's face. It was actually amusing. After seeing Seth with Justin, he had already deduced that the man was a control freak; in fact, in some way, he knew he was controlling his young lover. He just wasn't sure about how. "You know what I want... don't you, Seth?"

 

Shaking his head, Seth whimpered, "L-last night... something happened. Justin was right. There was a monster. I-it was you."

 

"Justin?" he hissed. "What does he know about that?"

 

"Uhhh nothing. He has head trauma and has premonitions at times. He saw red glowing eyes... just like yours are now."

 

"I see." Justin was becoming even more intriguing to him, and he had to admit, a danger as well. That was why he couldn't seduce him with his aura. There must be a block in the portion of his brain that his mind control couldn't penetrate. That was certainly something to keep in mind. "Tell me about Justin's head trauma. How did it happen?"

 

Unblinking, Seth told the menacing man about Justin's bashing and how he had been comatose for an extended period of time. As he told his story, Brian placed a feeling of calm and trust over the other man. He wanted to know everything without having to probe too deeply. They didn't have much time with Justin waiting for his boyfriend's return. The last thing he wanted was for Justin to run off.

 

"The attacker was never apprehended?" Brian wasn't certain why he even cared to ask, he only knew that he needed to know everything.

 

"The bastard got community service. As far as I know, he's roaming the streets now."

 

Brian's fangs extracted, a growl erupting, one that had nothing to do with man, and more toward the faceless man that had damaged something he had wanted mercilessly, someone he would have never found if fate had been so cruel on that near tragic night. "His name?"

 

"Chris Hobbs."

 

Filing the name away to memory, Brian moved closer to Seth, licking his lips as he watched the nervous pulsation in the man's throat. Yes, he was hungry. It would be wise to satisfy that unrelenting hunger before he arrived at Babylon, hopefully with his tender prey to join him there. Without warning, Brian sunk his fangs into Seth's neck, drinking deeply and hungrily, primal desires soaring within him. Seth was actually very attractive. If not for his fixation on Justin, he would probably fuck him. In fact, he was surprised he hadn't last night. It would have been all too easy.

 

Pulling back, Brian sealed the wound, his eyes glowing as they penetrated the glazed ones that stared back helplessly. "You won't remember this or any of our conversation. For now, you will say goodnight to Justin and send him to Babylon on his own."

 

"No! I can't." When the monster tightened his grip on him, Seth explained, "Justin would know I would never do that. I don't let him out of my sight, especially around other men." Seth gritted his teeth, the truth forcing it's way out. "I've worked too hard to get him. I won't let some player take him from me."

 

Brian snarled, realizing he had allowed the man to relax a bit too much, also, deciding he didn't like Seth's choice of words - I've worked too hard to get him. What did that mean? "You don't have any other choice, but don't worry, I will protect him. Now, you will return and make up an excuse. If he does not arrive at Babylon alone, I WILL come after you."

 

Nodding his head, once again, shaking in fear, Seth agreed. "I understand."

 

"Good." Brian stared intensely into Seth's blurred eyes, his voice filled with venom and dark intent. "In the future, if I call on you for any reason, you will come to me and obey my every command. You do NOT want to disappoint me. Ever."

 

TBC