- Text Size +

 

Once he was closer to Babylon, Brian slowed his speed to a brisk walk, a brief moment of laughter escaping as the people he passed gasped at the breeze that stirred around them by his abrupt movements. Humans were a constant source of amusement to him. Since losing his own human life so long ago, that had always been the case. Much of his earlier human life was a blur to him. It had been so very long ago, and in actuality, didn't mean much to him. The past was over. He only worried about the present and the future, always mindful that his existence depended on him being cautious within the present. It slightly disturbed him that recently he hadn't been proceeding with the caution that was his standard mantra. His obsession with Justin was producing a degree of risk, largely due to his inability to get into the blond's mind. That needed to change. Despite his instincts telling him that Justin would probably gradually heed his advice and discontinue what he believed to be unneeded medication, he couldn't take that chance. It was time to be proactive... and he knew exactly how to accomplish the task.

 

Slipping into the back entrance of Babylon, Brian side-stepped everyone, and made a determined path to his office. He didn't make eye contact with anyone, feeling his primal urges quickly boiling to the surface. Once inside, Brian picked up the phone that connected directly to the bar, his tone cold when he asked, "Is Michael still hanging around?"

 

"Yeah. He isn't even ordering anything to drink, just sitting here insisting to everyone that you promised to spend the evening with him."

 

It took most of his control not to snarl in response, and even greater control not to plan Michael Novotny's immediate demise. He was a true savage; however, he did see the value of human life. Killing was always the last resort; however, he found himself wondering if he was only delaying the inevitable in the case of Michael. Was the annoying imbecile ever going to stop? "That is NOT what I told him, but send him back to my office. I will handle this annoyance - once and for all."

 

Without ending the call, Brian heard his bartender giving Michael the message, followed by the high-pitched shriek that immediately ensued. Pathetic human, he thought to himself. He hoped that Michael would be reasonable. If not, he would end this in a more permanent manner. "Scott, there will be another man looking for me. My business with him is even more urgent. Make certain he is personally escorted to me."

 

"Uhhh... and if Michael is still with you, boss?" Scott asked, his tone implying he expected the nuisance of Michael Novotny not easily managed.

 

A cold laugh followed. "Don't worry, he won't be. I will send Michael on his way quickly---"

 

When the door to his office opened without the courtesy of a knock, Brian glared fiercely at it, his gaze even more ferocious when the door opened and Michael stepped inside. "I really don't care if I instructed you to come back here, I expect my privacy to be respected. You are always to knock first."

 

"What's the big deal, Bri?" Michael squawked. "You invited me, and I'm your best friend." When Brian's eyes shot daggers of hate at him, Michael amended, "Okay, maybe we're not best friends, but I'm trying to be."

 

"Sit down, Michael. I will explain this one more time, and it needs to be the last time. I don't have time to repeat myself on a daily basis." Brian watched as Michael flopped down into the chair across from his desk, in obvious disregard for his personal property, once again reminding himself that human life was precious, further cautioning himself that he didn't kill unless his very life necessitated it. At the moment, it was so difficult to remember that.

 

Michael gaped at him, an incredulous look on his face. "Damn, why are you so angry? Could it be that your trick got away?" Waving his hand, Michael gave a look of disgust. "It happens to us all, but he wasn't worth your time. That twink isn't even your type."

 

Brian clenched his fists at his sides, barely able to restrain himself. The last thing he needed was a body to remove, with Justin's boyfriend soon to arrive. "You don't know me well enough to know anything about my fucking type!" Brian glared hatefully at the annoying blood bag. "And, you never will."

 

"Don't say that, Brian. Everyone needs friends, even you---"

 

"Not everyone, and even if I did, I certainly don't have to choose you." Brian shook his head, realizing he would probably never get through to this hard-headed human. This was Michael's last chance. He didn't have time to deal with his insanity further. "You give me no choice, Michael. I have no place for you in my life. I don't want to look at you. If you persist in following me around, I will ban you from my club." Brian closed his eyes for a moment, hoping that it could end here. His rage wouldn't allow this encounter to resolve open-ended.

 

Michael's eyes widened, nearly bulging from his head, his face becoming a darker shade of red. He began to sputter, "W-what d-did I do, Brian? I haven't meant to be a pest. I just want us to be friends. I have feelings for you, Bri. Don't push me away---"

 

"Feelings for me? Do you hear yourself? You have a boyfriend, at least, I thought you did... and, we hardly know each other. I lead a complicated life, Michael; I can't have you becoming a problem." Brian stood to his feet, moving to stand in front of the desk, poised to strike out and end this with finality given the slightest provocation. These next moments would be crucial for Michael Novotny.

 

Standing to his feet, not even looking at Brian, Michael began to make his way to the door, defeat in the slump of his shoulders. His hand on the door handle, he looked back with sadness in his eyes. "I do have a boyfriend, but he works so much that I rarely see him. I guess I thought you could fill in the gaps. I don't know. Maybe I've been hoping for more. I won't bother you again. If we talk, it will be at your initiative."

 

Narrowing his eyes, Brian nodded, still uncertain that Michael would truly comply; although, for the first time, he believed that Michael understood that he had no interest in him. He would still be on his guard in regards to Michael Novotny, in his mind, this being Michael's last chance. Watching as Michael slipped out of the office, and for the moment, into safety from his savagery, Brian couldn't help but think that this wasn't completely resolved and that a more forceful end would inevitably be required. Pacing back and forth, Brian hoped he was overreacting... but his instincts were always precise. Michael was trouble, and in his world, trouble represented danger. In time, he might be forced to eradicate it completely. In fact, that time could be very soon.

 


 

Justin frowned as Seth began walking to the front door without a word indicating where he was going. "Uhhh, where are you going now?" He was already confused that Seth had returned home in the time that Brian had walked him home. They would have been together if Seth hadn't received the call from the hospital indicating an emergency. When he had asked him about it, he had gotten a very evasive answer, the only substance being it had been a false alarm.

 

"I need some air. I'll be back." Not even looking at his boyfriend, Seth told him, "don't wait up. Take your medicine and get some rest."

 

He needed some air? Hadn't he just walked here from the hospital? What the hell was going on with him? Seth often inferred that he was mentally impaired and needed that medication to balance everything out, and yet, he wasn't the one that was acting unhinged. Shaking his head, Justin went into the bathroom, first pouring himself some water, automatically reaching for his medication, tapping it until one pill fell into his hand, for several moments simply looking at it as if he expected it to give him all the answers to his many questions.

 

Although Brian was a virtual stranger to him, his advice kept echoing in his head. Stop taking the pills. He had never doubted his need for them. Seth was a nurse and pushed them with fierce intensity. Not only did he advise him to take them; often, Seth stood at his side as he did. He hadn't thought about that much before now... but was that even normal? Justin shrugged his shoulders, assuming that Seth was simply that committed to his wellbeing. No, this wasn't about doubting Seth; at least, he didn't think it was. Any doubts were more about whether the pills were still necessary. He really wanted to talk to Seth about it before making a hasty decision... but, he knew what Seth's opinion would be.

 

Justin raised the pill to his mouth, in his mind seeing Seth staring intently at him as he took the pill; and also, Brian telling him to try going without them. Fuck. He couldn't decide. Should he heed a stranger's advice over the man that so zealously cared for him? It didn't make sense. A moment later, Justin made his choice, dropping the pill into the sink, and washing it away with the glass of water in his other hand. He watched it dissolve and float away before he placed the bottle back in the cabinet. One pill missing as his dosage would require, but not at work inside of him. While he figured this out, Seth wouldn't be any the wiser.

 

As he left the bathroom and moved toward the bedroom, Justin wondered if he had made the right choice, deciding that missing one pill shouldn't matter that much. If it turned out to be a mistake, he was sure he would realize that soon enough...

 


 

Brian licked his lips, the hunger rising in him as his victim in a number of ways was escorted into his office. Not taking his eyes from the man that would not only feed his hunger but begin paving the way to his most aching desire, Brian whispered in a guttural tone, "Thank you, Scott. Make sure I'm not disturbed."

 

Silently, Scott nodded, knowing that when his boss gave instructions, it was always best to comply. He closed the door behind him, an almost sympathetic look given to the boss' visitor, surmising that he wouldn't want to be that man.

 

"Lock the door and sit on the couch. We have things to discuss---" Brian's eyes glowed as he gave his command, at the moment, curbing his hunger. There were other things to resolve first.

 

Obediently, Seth did as he was commanded, in such close proximity to the man that had complete control over him, unable to offer any resistance. Once he returned he sat down on the long couch, his eyes looking straight ahead, not seeing anything but a thick fog.

 

Brian sat down next to him, close enough to touch, but not seeking that contact yet. There would be plenty of time for that... and soon. Tonight, Seth would be appeasing in a number of ways. "I want to talk to you about Justin's medication. Tell me why he needs it." If his suspicion was correct, he would be ordering Justin's boyfriend to discard it immediately.

 

"He doesn't really need it. I just want him to have it." Seth spoke the words without any inflection, only answering what was being asked, unaware that his answers would only require deeper probing.

 

A cold smile curved his lips, his earlier rage toward Michael beginning to fade, and now, converting to this manipulative human. "Why do you want Justin to take unnecessary medication?"

 

"It makes him easier to manage, and I like controlling him."

 

"I see..." Brian whispered. He ran a fingertip down Seth's leg, idly stroking him, his hunger continuing to be under control, learning everything useful about the beautiful blond much more important. "I can understand why someone would want to control that delicious man..." Brian watched Seth's response, laughing at the brief flash of anger in his eyes, aware that his control over him wasn't absolute. Once he fed on him again tonight, that connection would be stronger. "Exactly how does it control him?"

 

Still looking straight ahead, Seth told him, "I'm not sure how this drug works for everyone, but with Justin's head trauma, it confuses a portion of his brain, mixing up what he remembers, with what he doesn't. That confusion makes him dependent on me and that's what I want."

 

Brian's hand momentarily tightened on Seth's leg, not relaxing until he heard the other man moaning in pain. By nature, he was a predator, manipulative as well... but, this disgusting human was even more so to make these choices against one of his own kind. Seth's actions were inhumane, immoral, and as a nurse, they could be illegal depending on how the medicine was dispensed. "You must have desired Justin immensely."

 

"You have no idea..." Seth whispered, even in his trancelike state, the lust evident in his tone.

 

Oh yes, I do. I desire him the same; however, I have the true power, and I will be the one to claim him. "I assume a doctor prescribed this prescription. How did you achieve that?"

 

"It wasn't difficult. I knew the textbook definitions of what would get the medication prescribed. I tested it on Justin while he was still in the hospital under my care. During that time, I convinced Justin that he was weak and delusional. It was in his file, and the doctor did what needed to be done." Seth didn't look up when Brian stood up and began pacing, unaware of how the vampire was keeping his rage in check.

 

Brian ran a hand through his hair, uncertain of why he cared how Justin had been so viciously manipulated by someone he trusted. Wasn't he cut the same way? No, he told himself. It wasn't the same at all. Seth was a medical professional, sworn to protect and heal... and a human. He wasn't human, his instincts were always centered around survival and taking what he both wanted and needed. The only thing they shared was a mutual desire for the blond beauty. "Stand up and come here to me."

 

Almost lethargically, Seth stood to his feet and approached the other man, his eyes staring straight ahead, unaware of how much the vampire wanted to kill him.

 

"When you go home, you will discard Justin's pills and you will tell him in the morning that he no longer needs them. I don't care how you tell him, but you will make sure that he never tries to refill that prescription again." Brian watched as a flicker of resistance appeared on Seth's face, knowing that wouldn't be a factor once they finished here tonight. Yanking the other man closer, Brian's fangs extracted, smoothly and quickly sliding them into the other man's neck. Brian fed ravenously on the man, as always, knowing exactly when to stop. As he fed on him, he instilled images in Seth's mind, his commands, and the consequences if he should fail. Brian knew this man would not fail him now.

 

Retracting his fangs, his eyes still glowing bright red, Brian asked him, "What are you going to do, Seth?"

 

"I am going to dispose of Justin's medicine. He doesn't need it anymore..."

 

Brian smiled, more than pleased with his success and his complete dominance over the other man that foolishly believed himself to be equally dominant. Seth was fortunate that it amused him to keep him alive. It would be so easy to drain his blood, here and now, but he also realized that he could be useful again. In fact, that moment would be now.

 

Brian unzipped his pants, slowly pulling his cock free. "On your knees, Seth. Show me what service you can provide---" To make things even more fun, Brian relaxed his control of Seth's mind, knowing it was no longer necessary. Seth was completely under his aura now. Asleep or awake, he was his to control.

 

Seth quickly obeyed the man that was now essentially his master, once he was in position, his eyes appreciative of the cock that demanded his immediate attention. "I - I shouldn't be doing this."

 

"Perhaps not... but you want to suck me. Don't you?" Brian whispered in a low voice, his thumb stroking along Seth's lips.

 

"Yes..." Seth moaned, his tongue slipping out to lap at Brian's cock. "I have wanted it since the first night."

 

"Well then, get to it... and when you're finished, I will give you some final instructions." The glow returned to Brian's eyes as Seth got down to the task of sucking him off, his thoughts not entirely on the act, as pleasant as it might be.

 

Soon, he would know if Justin's medicine was the barrier that blocked him. He thought it must be, but he couldn't be certain until it was tested. Next, Seth would be out of Justin's life; however, one step at a time. Brian didn't stop to think about how far he was going in his desire for one man. He only knew that he had to have Justin. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that Justin would be his for the taking very soon...

 

TBC