- Text Size +

 

Justin paced nervously in the opulent suite of Salvatore Caletti. Even though his father owned the resort, he had never been inside of this suite; in fact, none that resided on the same floor, which Brian coincidentally or not was also located. Why was he here? Especially now when there had obviously been an incident between the crime lord and his chief enforcer.

 

He had only been waiting for a few minutes when the man that he knew to be Salvatore's personal guard walked briskly toward him, his hand extending forward. Taking the offered hand, Justin shook it as firmly as the guard initiated, realizing this was a time that establishing a degree of self-confidence could be vital.

 

"Thank you for waiting, Justin." The serious, attentive expression on his face held a more than clear interpretation. They both knew the young man had very little choice in that. Refusing a summon from Salvatore Caletti was simply something that was not done. And right now it would have been even more disastrous.

 

Ben couldn't believe the proverbial cat was finally out of the bag. That Brian had such an intense response to the shocking news hadn't surprised him much. He saw it as being temporary at best. Brian had always shown such admiration and devotion to Salvatore. In a way, it astounded him that Brian never put it all together. In everything else, he was so astute. However, it appeared that regarding his own feelings, he was sorely lacking. He believed everything would work out in time. He just hoped that time was soon. Brian's abruptness with Salvatore had wounded the older man to his core. Brian was the only one that could repair that.

 

"Not a problem..." Justin murmured, knowing his choices were vastly limited. His eyes widened as he watched Salvatore approach from the adjoining room, lines of tension appearing to be carved out of granite onto his face. "Hello, Don Caletti. I believe you wanted to see me."

 

"Indeed I do, Justin." Salvatore's reply was gruff, the anxiety in him making every response seem sharper in him. "Have a seat. This shouldn't take long." He looked at Ben, speaking at first with a terse nod. "That will be all, Ben. Go ahead and see to what we already discussed."

 

Inclining his head in agreement, Ben answered, "Yes, of course, Boss."

 

Wearily, Salvatore took a seat on the couch, his eyes tired, yet still staring at the young blond sharply. "Tell me, Justin. What do you think of Brian?"

 

Blinking in surprise, Justin tried to process the unexpected question. "Uhhh, I don't know how to answer that. I don't know him that well. From my few encounters with him, I have found him to be arrogant, maddening, and above all fearsome."

 

Salvatore smiled. "Brian's skills are legendary. If a man had ever been born to do what he does... it was Brian." He looked at Justin intently, before shrewdly observing, "I think you work hard at hiding your fear of him. That is to your credit. Brian in his zone is overwhelming to most men. It is best if you try to keep up with him as much as you can."

 

"I do my best, Sir. Clearly, we got off to a bad start when he believed me to be working for Sapperstein. Revealing my true allegiance didn't go so well." Justin grinned as he remembered the encounter. It was hot, aggravating, and out of control... all common variables in each meeting he had with the domineering assassin. "It's hard to say what would have happened if you hadn't arrived."

 

"I have a feeling you would have held your own, Justin. You seemed to be doing just fine..." Salvatore commended. "I would like to make two requests... one is more personal, and the other is to take care of business."

 

"Of course, Don Caletti. I will do anything to help." Justin watched the crime lord attentively, in the back of his mind, wondering what it was about Salvatore Caletti that filled him with such unconditional loyalty. It was more than that, though. He trusted him. In the world that they shared - true and far-reaching trust was a rare commodity.

 

"I appreciate that, Justin. Your loyalty to me will be remembered, and when the time is appropriate - it will be recognized. The personal matter is regarding Brian. He is going through a difficult time right now. I'm not sure what he needs to make it better, or how much time will be required. He needs a friend... someone he can talk to. Brian not being completely focused is very dangerous. His distraction, not to mention disruptive behavior needs to end quickly. When he's moody and withdrawn he can be even more deadly and at the worst possible times."

 

Justin shuddered. Even more deadly? How could that be? And be Brian's friend? That wasn't possible. Each time they got together, all they did was fight... or be overcome by full-blown lust. He wasn't sure anything else was possible. "I'll do what I can, but I'm not sure I will be the right person for such a task. Brian doesn't exactly look at me with trust, and definitely not in a friendly way..."

 

Salvatore chuckled. "I'm not blind, Justin. I know exactly what Brian sees in you. The fact that he so blatantly pursues you so publicly tells me a great deal. Brian is very open about his sexuality; however, he is very private as well. In his line of work, he needs to be. Already I can see he is violating his own rules of conduct in his dealings with you. That can be a great danger to him... in fact, to both of you."

 

"You care a great deal for him. I can't help but be curious about the full connection between the two of you." Justin knew he was most likely crossing a line by being so candid and personal with the crime lord, but if he was being asked to help, perhaps his query wouldn't be found to be offensive.

 

"Any questions regarding a connection that exists between me and Brian will remain unanswered, Justin. If Brian wants you to know everything about him... then, he will tell you. I'm just asking that you do what you can to get through to him." Salvatore knew his words could be deemed condescending, but he didn't care about that. His chest had been aching during the past few hours as he kept seeing the pain and distrust in Brian's eyes. It was a look that had never been directed at him. As much as he wanted reconciliation with his son, it was as he told Justin. He worried about Brian's lack of attention. They were on Sapperstein's turf. Until that matter was resolved, Brian needed to be alert. Right now, Brian was anything but that.

 

"I will do everything I can, Boss. There was a business matter as well?" Justin prodded, mindful to get Don Caletti's mind off his mistakes and back on business.

 

Salvatore nodded. "As quiet as I have kept my arrival, I am aware that Sapperstein has eyes all over the island. I want you to inform him that I am at the resort. With him trusting you, I expect he will instruct you to stay close to monitor all that I do... as well as watching Brian. That will be advantageous. I can feed him whatever information I want him to have."

 

"Yes, that sounds like a good plan, Sir. It is highly unlikely that you could be here for long and him not find out about it." Justin smiled in his excitement... very much looking forward to making this call. "Shall I call him now?"

 

An evil smile twisted Salvatore's lips. "Yes, Justin. Call him now. I only wish I could see his reaction..."

 

Justin laughed. "I know what it will be. He will be scared shitless!"

 

"As he should be..." Salvatore agreed, doing nothing to contain the menace in his voice. He was silent as he watched Justin powering on his phone, curiosity on his face as Justin read a text message.

 

"He's just contacted me. It says: ‘Kinney is drinking at the bar. This would be a good time to approach him.'

 

Salvatore's muscles clenched deep within. He had driven his son to this. Brian's pain set a fire in his gut that nothing could alleviate. Nothing except his son's forgiveness and love. He wanted that more than anything. For now, though, he couldn't focus on that. Brian needed to act like the man he had always been. He was renowned for his control and skill. These public exhibitions were not good. "Make the call, and then go see if you can get Brian away from the bar..."

 

Justin placed the call, waiting for Sapperstein's grunt of an answer, before telling him, "I got your message, Boss. I was about to call you. I have my own news..."

 

"Why aren't you at the bar moving in on Kinney?" Sapperstein demanded, his voice rising angrily upon realizing his orders hadn't been immediately obeyed.

 

"I just got your message, and this news couldn't wait..."

 

"I'll be the judge of that..." he sneered. "What kind of news?"

 

Justin smiled. He couldn't wait to hear Gary's explosion. "Salvatore Caletti has checked into the resort. I was in the lobby. I heard his name and took a closer look. He is indeed intimidating..."

 

"A-are you absolutely sure, Justin?" Gary asked, the sweat immediately materializing on his brow.

 

"Yes, the name is unmistakable. Once I saw the guard that accompanied him, and the power he represented, there was little doubt." Justin rolled his eyes as he heard Sapperstein's breath becoming hitched. He wouldn't be surprised if he had a nervous breakdown during their call. "Do you still want me to stalk Kinney for the rest of the day?"

 

Gary ran a shaky hand through his hair, his heart racing so quickly he feared it would jump from his chest. He needed to think before he acted. One thing was for certain, though. Brian Kinney would know why Caletti was here in the Virgin Islands. Justin was his best chance at information. "Yes. Do whatever you need to do to stick to Kinney like glue. I need to know what Caletti is planning."

 

"I'll do what I can, although Kinney is a professional. I wouldn't expect too much..." Justin told him, receiving a nod of approval from Salvatore.

 

"You will do more than that, Taylor!" Sapperstein raged. "If you don't succeed, someone will pay the price. Let's see, will it be your father or your dear mother?" Gary's tone thickened even more. "Perhaps both..."

 

Eyes widening, unable to believe Gary brought up this threat again, Justin gritted his teeth in fury, barely able to keep himself under control. "There's no need to threaten my parents, Gary. I told you I would do all that I can. Now, I am going to see about doing that..."

 

Salvatore's eyes narrowed at the end of their conversation. Sapperstein was a remorseless bully. He maintained his dynasty through respect and order. This sniveling coward would be out of power soon. He would see to that himself. Noting the paleness on Justin's face, he spoke only when the call was completely ended. "You know I won't let that happen, Justin. Your loyalty to me works both ways. As I told you back in Pittsburgh - I will protect your family, as well as their business. You have nothing to fear."

 

"Thank you, Boss..." Justin answered with a slight lump in his throat. He couldn't totally dispel Sapperstein's threats. It wasn't the first time he had heard them. He hoped it would be the last. For certain, he felt a lot better about it with Salvatore Caletti on the island. The menacing words took him back to a place of his vulnerability; a time when he questioned his survival. If not for Salvatore entering his life, he doubted he would still be alive today.

 

Nodding, Salvatore watched as Justin stood to his feet, anxious to implement the next part of his plan; however, unable to do anything until Brian's mind was more centered again. "Let me know if there is anything you need... In the meantime, I want your attention on Brian."

 

That wouldn't be any sort of hardship, Justin thought to himself. He wouldn't dare speak it aloud, though. Even though Salvatore clearly knew Brian was gay, and himself as well, he wasn't really comfortable speaking to him about his attraction to the arrogant hitman. "I will do everything I can to help him, and I will be in touch." He smiled with genuine warmth at the crime lord that was carved in steel, but one that he knew also possessed a great heart and strong character. "Welcome to the Virgin Islands, Boss."

 

"Thank you, Justin. I hope we all get what we want here." As Justin left the suite, Salvatore hoped for this island to be the place he fully connected with his son, and they built an even greater future - together. If Brian accepted him, he would take any steps necessary to make that happen.

 


 

Brian threw back his fourth double shot of Beam in the past twenty minutes, hoping the burn it created in his throat would soon numb or completely destroy the one in his chest. He had started out with beer, before trading up to something more substantial. All he wanted was to numb the confusion and pain. He knew beer wasn't going to touch that. As he thought back to his meeting with Salvatore, he doubted anything would do that.

 

Glancing around, Brian looked for a vessel that would be his ultimate pain management. It was early enough in the evening to have men coming into the bar... sadly, most of them weren't alone. Those that did arrive alone, weren't up to his specifications. Then, he saw him. Even through the effects of his liquor, he could see him approaching from the lounge entrance. Drink in hand, he swiveled around to fully watch his approach. He wanted the hot little blond to see his eyes on him - each and every step of the way. Fucking him was the only way this day could end well. As his eyes moved hungrily over the tight jeans, Brian knew this would be the night. He refused to believe it to be the alcohol talking. No. He had been interrupted each time. That ended now. He would take what he wanted from the cocky little blond.

 

His eyes sweeping over him, a glazed look on his face coming from his alcohol high and the lust that ate at him, Brian offered the seat next to him. "Buy you a drink, Junior?"

 

Justin gritted his teeth. He couldn't allow Brian's little quips to send him away. He had a job to do. And in being honest with himself, this is exactly where he wanted to be. "Cute, Brian. But yeah, I will let you buy me a beer." He sat down next to him, silently observing him as Brian gave the bartender his order, simply unable to take his eyes off him. This man was the most sensual man he had ever seen in action... even when he didn't appear to be trying. That was the thing, though. Brian Kinney didn't have to try.

 

Brian rolled his eyes. "Gee, thanks. I'm undeniably honored..."

 

"You should be. I don't allow just anyone to buy me a drink." Justin discreetly glanced around the bar, to the average person looking to be checking out the other inhabitants, but really he was looking for any threats. He didn't know why the thought disturbed him so, outside of it bringing down the full wrath of Salvatore Caletti against him, but he didn't want to contemplate an enemy taking out ‘The Surgeon.'

 

Watching as Justin lifted the bottle of beer to his lips, Brian licked his own as he watched the tantalizing mouth doing something other than arguing with him. Fuck, how he wanted those lips wrapped around his cock... worshiping him. The boy would beg for him before this night was through. In that, he would attain his much-needed relief, and find an escape from the pain that plagued him. A pain he had never fathomed being his reality. "Let's get out of here..." Brian growled, his eyes burning in lust for the beautiful blond that had been dominating far too many of his thoughts since his arrival in the Virgin Islands.

 

Justin lowered his barely touched bottle of beer back onto the bar, he was transfixed by the stark need in Brian's eyes. What he didn't know was if it was all about the desire Brian felt for him... or was it an escape from whatever troubled him. He really hoped it was more about him. "You're staring, Mr. Kinney."

 

"Yes, I am. I want you to come back to my suite. NOW. No more games." Brian sat his glass down on the bar, his thumb reaching out to swipe roughly over Justin's lips. His voice dropped to a gravelly rasp, "I want to start with those perfectly shaped lips surrounding my cock." Brian moved closer, his breath fanning the lips he hungered to possess. "I will feed you my cock as if you've never been fed before. And you are going to love it..."

 

Justin gulped, as he stood to his feet, more than ready for this next part of their tumultuous journey to begin. Moving his hands to glide up Brian's chest, he ran one hand along the side of his gorgeous face. "Maybe so, Mr. Kinney, but I think you are going to love it even more..."

 

TBC