- Text Size +

 

Justin was tense as he slipped into Ethan's small bungalow, unease crawling over him. He had been followed, but at a distance. His instincts told him that Brandon was stalking him, although the timing was unexpected. He wondered if Brandon's current course of action had been pre-arranged before the call was made to Sapperstein this morning. It wouldn't make sense that Gary would set Brandon after him now. Regardless of feeling that he could handle this on his own, he would have to alert Brian. If he did not, he would not only have to answer to Brian, but to Salvatore Caletti as well. That wasn't something he wanted to do.

 

In a low, barely audible voice, not wanting Ethan to hear him from where he waited inside the bedroom, Justin whispered, "Brian, I'm inside, but I am being followed."

 

"Brandon!" Brian hissed. "He must be acting on his own. The Sap wouldn't try to intercept you now." Brian reached for his gun, gloves, and everything else he would need to complete a rushed job. "Lock the door, and do what needs to be done, and quickly. Don't play games with him. I will be there to provide back-up if needed."

 

Justin wanted to argue, but knew better, especially when Brian was in ‘surgeon' mode. He could handle this by himself. Brian needed to get that. Salvatore's trust in him should be all that Brian needed, but apparently, he still needed to prove himself to the renowned surgeon. Locking the door, pausing only to discreetly look behind him for Brandon to advance on him, he was relieved that he didn't seem to be moving in on him. At this point, he suspected Brandon to merely be following him. That would actually work well with their plans. Two for one could be accomplished in the clean-up at the end. He had a feeling Salvatore would more than like such efficiency.

 

"Okay." Justin's voice was barely audible, his eyes and mind on the job just beyond the closed door. He ended the call, making certain the volume was turned all the way down before pocketing the device; a ringing phone being the last thing he wanted while in the middle of a hit. He never powered it off completely while on assignment. There was always the chance of needing to make a quick call. Waiting for his phone to power up was enough time to be a matter of life and death.

 

Slowly, he pushed the door open. The last thing he wanted was Ethan bolting from the bed, and rushing to a window, or worse even, out the door. He closed the door, leaning against it with a leering smile on his face. Ethan was laying naked on the bed, not even covered by a sheet. He needed to end this quickly. It wouldn't escape Ethan's notice for long that he was disgusted by both him and his body. Getting hard would be a complete impossibility. Thankfully, shedding his clothes wouldn't be necessary. There would be no spurting blood in this kill, with no DNA evidence left on him. The gloves would only be necessary to disguise both his handspan and fingerprints. Everything else, Salvatore's cleaners would handle. "I see you're waiting for me, exactly as you promised..." Justin's voice was silky and filled with innuendo.

 

Ethan gulped as he watched his vision moving closer, unperturbed that he was completely naked, while Justin remained fully clothed. "I've been waiting so long for this moment. I can't believe we'll finally be together."

 

Justin smiled, cautious not to allow the ice running through his veins to transform his expression. "I know you have, Ethan." Tilting his head to the side considering his anxious admirer, knowing how he wanted to carry this little scene out, Justin told him, "How about we make this really memorable? I want to share my wild side with you. The true reason the men chase me..."

 

Practically panting now, Ethan's eyes grew even larger, his body twisting on the bed. "Anything, Justin. I want to be all that you desire."

 

His eyes moving around the room, Justin smiled as he proceeded to Ethan's dresser drawers. This was just too fucking easy. He almost felt bad for the worthless piece of shit. Almost. He reached inside for two neckties, his eyes scanning through them to find two of the firmest texture. Moving almost idly to the bed, Justin's eyes slid over Ethan's excited form, barely managing to contain his disgust, his attention turning to the bedpost, tying tight knots in place, before he reached for Ethan's wrists, one at a time, securing each one in turn.

 

"Uhhh, Justin?" Ethan looked at the restraints warily, uncertainty in his eyes. "This is kind of kinky, isn't it?"

 

Justin laughed, a sound that wasn't meant to induce comfort. "Not really. You really shouldn't be so vanilla, Ethan. That certainly didn't help in your pursuit of me."

 

Something in Justin's tone caused Ethan to stare anxiously at the impassive face that stared down at him, his head shaking in confusion as he pulled at the tight bonds. "I- I'm not sure I like this side of you, Justin. Can't we just do this like normal people? T- then maybe experiment later..."

 

"You've never been tied up during sex?" Justin clicked his tongue in reproof. "You really are vanilla. Don't worry, though. We're not actually going to fuck." Justin straddled Ethan's legs, quickly reaching for the packaged gloves and sliding them over his hands, flexing his fingers to aid in the process. Justin considered his helpless victim analytically. "Tell me, Ethan? Did you really think I would fuck you? After I told you how much you repulsed me... you were still foolish enough to believe it?"

 

"B-but y-you called m-me. Y-you s-said..." Ethan began to hurriedly sputter, his face suddenly displaying terror at the appearance of menace on Justin's face. "J-Justin? W-what's this about?" Ethan nervously asked, the coldness in Justin's eyes nothing short of bone-chilling.

 

Justin straddled Ethan's body, his knees on each side of him, his hands flexing deliberately as he smiled coldly down at his helpless victim. "What is this? It's the end of the line for you. Not only did you endanger me with your little meeting with Gary Sapperstein, but my parents were nearly killed as well." Justin moved in closer, not planning on prolonging this conversation. "In my world, the resolution is quite simple."

 

Pulling at the bonds that had no give in them, Ethan couldn't escape the knowledge of what Justin intended. "Justin, p-please... I never intended on endangering you or your family. I- I was just jealous. All I wanted was you. Please untie me. We can talk about it. Work something out. No one will ever know of your crazy talk."

 

"Crazy talk?" Justin repeated bitingly. "That's the best form of plea you have?" Justin shook his head in disgust. "As it is, I don't have the time to toy with you further. It's over." Instantly, his hands reached out, grasping a tight hold on Ethan's neck, just at the precise time his mindless victim was about to scream. Quickly the noise was muffled, Justin's eyes blazing down at him in savage intent. "The less you fight it, the quicker it will be for you."

 

Ethan continued to struggle and pull at the bonds as much as he could, but they both knew it was all to no avail. His only hope was in Justin releasing him, or the improbable miracle of someone busting in to save him. Breathing quickly became an impossibility, Ethan began to sputter, his eyes becoming more fixed and empty.

 

Justin increased the pressure, his face intent on the transformation process. Ethan's face was beginning to discolor, a sign that the end was very near. Just as life was about to leave the repulsive man's body, Justin gave his neck a vicious twist, making this a quicker and inescapable ending. Disgusted by his close proximity to Ethan, no matter if dead or alive, Justin rolled away from him and to his feet. He didn't untie the lifeless body. That would be a job for the clean-up crew.

 

Not even a minute later, he heard scuffling in the next room. Brandon? No, it was too loud for one man. He reached for his small handgun, the silencer already intact. Silently, he moved to the door, opening it with a soundless click, pulling it just slightly open to see who he would be forced to deal with next. Justin rolled his eyes as he found the source of his alarm, a glare being shot in Brandon's direction, before a more reproachful look hit the beautiful assassin that was forcefully urging his captive into the room.

 

"Thanks, Brian, but I had this under control!" Justin snapped, his gun now pointing directly at Brandon's chest, not a flicker of understanding or pity in his eyes.

 

Brian glanced at the clearly deceased chin rat, his head inclining in approval. "I see that. Well done, Junior."

 

"Don't call me that!" Justin argued, uncaring that this wasn't the most optimal time to show dissension in front of their next victim. It wouldn't matter. Brandon obviously wouldn't be leaving here alive.

 

Brandon silently observed the two men, his attention on the two guns pointing in his direction, knowing his immediate priority was talking himself out of this dilemma. Uncertain of the right approach, he cockily demanded, "Are the two of you going to fight over who ices me? Or are you willing to listen to reason?"

 

Brian snorted, before shoving Brandon onto the bed with the lifeless Ethan Gold. "No deals today. I don't do negotiations. Once I'm called in, things have evolved far beyond that."

 

Justin grunted. "I didn't call you in. Maybe I want to listen to him."

 

"There's nothing worth knowing from a Sap stooge." Brian's eyes were icy as he extended his forearm. "Two down and one to go." Casting a twisted smile in Brandon's direction, Brian pulled the trigger, the bullet immediately moving through the chamber and into Brandon's brain. Brian looked sideways at Justin's shocked and wounded expression, his eyebrow uplifting. "Learn from the master, Junior. You've been playing around in here for nearly thirty minutes. If I hadn't arrived, Brandon could have got the jump on you. I might have just saved your ass."

 

"Whatever, Mr. Almighty Surgeon. I had this under control; I could have handled Brandon too. You just want to treat me like some green kid. That has to stop! Salvatore trusts me. Why can't you?" Justin raged, his hand flailing with the gun still in it.

 

Brian eyed him sharply, his attention primarily drawn to the gun that was waving in Justin's hand. "Look at how you're behaving, Justin. For now, put your weapon away. Our job here is done." A muscle ticked in his cheek. The blond clearly had skills, but he needed to learn control. He wouldn't be the least bit surprised if his father knew that too and wanted him to be Justin's guide. He could think of far worse tasks.

 

Justin grimaced. Fuck. He was being reckless, exhibiting all the traits Salvatore had warned him to never implement. It was Brian's fault, of course. He distracted him on every possible level. The worst was him treating him as an inexperienced youth. Perhaps he was far less experienced than him, but he knew enough to survive in this world. One that he had mastered long before meeting the legend. "Sorry. I should have holstered the gun."

 

"Sorry is bullshit. Anyway, back to business. You took too long in a hit knowing that an enemy was following you. He could have snuck up on you at any time. In fact, he was looking through the windows when I intercepted him." Brian hated the guilty feeling that suddenly came over him at the hurt look on Justin's face. The kid had done well here today, he had just taken some unnecessary risks. "You did good, kid, and I do trust you. Let's face it, if Salvatore Caletti believes in you, it's game over. You are as good as accepted."

 

A beaming smile followed. For some reason, Brian's trust in him meant more than anything. "I admire your father, Brian. And now that I know you, well... you are much more than the legendary surgeon. I will try not to go overboard next time." Justin narrowed his eyes, "Speaking of - what is next on our agenda?"

 

"We wait for the clean-up crew, and then we meet with Salvatore. Only one step remains, and that is the removal of Gary Sapperstein. Then, our little adventure on the Virgin Islands will be over."

 

Justin cast a disbelieving look in Brian's direction. "You don't believe that, do you, Brian?"

 

Brian shrugged. Of course, he didn't believe that. Salvatore had an agenda before sending him here, one that he sensed went beyond obtaining control from the Sap. He suspected that would be revealed once Sapperstein was eliminated. Although he had his suspicions regarding that, he knew never to assume when it came to Salvatore Caletti. There wasn't a doubt in his mind - all would be revealed in time.

 

TBC