- Text Size +

 

Brian was incredulous. Salvatore wanted him to assume his position in the organization? He had expected his father was going to ask him to take on more responsibility, but this was surprising. "Sir? I can't be hearing you correctly. What about your brother?" A sudden thought occurred to him, one that worried him immensely. "It's not your health?"

 

Salvatore chuckled. "So many questions. You have always had such an inquisitive mind." He continued to smile when he answered, "My health is fine, Brian. However, there comes a time when every man of power realizes he must relinquish that control to another. I didn't just groom you to be the best assassin money can buy; I also wanted you to be a powerful leader. I know you will be that. As for my brother, he is inconsequential. My heir is who takes over control of the family. My brother is mostly inept and given very few responsibilities. I would have never handed my empire over to him."

 

"I've met him a few times; sadly, I wasn't impressed." Brian looked at his father shrewdly. "The question is - does your brother understand he will never lay claim to your organization?"

 

"He should know unless he's a complete idiot..." Salvatore growled, while shaking his head as he thought of his younger brother. Tobias had always been a bitter disappointment... in their youth, and even more so as an adult. "I know it is too much for you to take on at once. I anticipate it being a gradual transference of power. We would start here in the Virgin Islands. Do you like it well enough to make it your home for now?"

 

Like it? It was an island paradise. He was certain there would never be any shortage of tricks, although these days, a certain blond constantly invaded his mind whenever he thought of fucking. Perhaps he just hadn't fucked him enough, but with staying here, he was quite certain he would. Chuckling, Brian answered, "I think I could manage such a sacrifice."

 

Salvatore compressed his lips, knowing Brian's often blasé attitude would need to be curbed. He saw that as where Brian would need mentoring the most. Once Brian assumed full leadership of the family, he would need to be even more focused, an impenetrable force. "Regarding my brother, in the unlikely event he ever becomes a problem in the future... well, steps would need to be taken."

 

A slight shiver slithered down Brian's spine, although not a repugnant one. He always became enthralled when he viewed Salvatore Caletti, his father, exerting his power. It was a sight that filled him with wonder and complete awe. It was unfathomable to him that he would one day have the same power as his father; however, hearing Salvatore's master plan, he realized that was exactly how it would be should he honor his request. "Of course I would handle that for you. Perhaps that won't become necessary."

 

"I rather doubt it. My brother is lazy, and sadly, very cowardly. We are nothing alike, as I'm sure you know." Salvatore's lip curled in disgust as he thought of his brother's past misdeeds. He was prone to bad decision-making, always looking for the quick and easy route - neither being the best response in many cases.

 

"Cowardice can be extremely dangerous, especially in our world. There is the factor of unpredictability. Such men can become something of a loose cannon. If within the internal group, they are always ones to watch closely."

 

Salvatore smiled. "You are so insightful, never just seeing anything at face value, but taking in everything. I see so much of myself in you, Brian. In time, you will have even greater power and knowledge than me." When Brian looked about to protest, Salvatore explained, "Think about it, son. You have the advantage of all that I have taught you over the years, not to mention your experience and success as the most feared assassin in the business. This will be the easiest transition of power ever to occur in our world."

 

"When you put it like that, I guess I can see your point and your confidence in me." Brian frowned, before asking, "You would still be near and providing guidance? I don't know the first thing about actually running an organization such as yours."

 

"Correction." Salvatore looked his son square in the eye. "Our organization. This is your birthright. What I feel you are meant to do. That is, if you want it. If my guess is right, you crave the power. In your current role you exceed at utilizing your power, and do so with control and finesse. I can't wait to see it fully explored. And regarding guidance, I don't think you will need a great deal of that, but I hope to remain by your side, even if in a more inactive role, always there if you need me."

 

Brian looked at his father, displaying the deepest of respect he held for him, both in his expression, but in his absolute attention to every word he spoke. The fact that his father wanted him to do this was enough for him, but he couldn't deny being intrigued by the challenge of it as well. He did love power. He always had. It was one of the first things that had struck his notice when he had first met Salvatore. He just didn't want to let him down. "Okay, Father. I will do it... just don't be surprised if I have many questions along the way."

 

Salvatore released a deep sigh of relief. Until this moment, he hadn't been certain Brian would accept. It meant more to him than he could possibly explain. "Thank you, Brian. You have made me so happy. I know you will be brilliant in your new position, and I am eager to start this journey right by your side. We will transition you into power gradually. The first step is letting it be known what your connection is to me. That will explain much, and eliminate many that would try to oppose you." Salvatore chuckled. "Of course, with your present formidable reputation, there are very few that would ever make the attempt. We must be guarded, though, and always on the watch for trouble. It is the way of survival in our world."

 

"Yes." Brian's eyes became alive with savagery, the long history of the renowned ‘Surgeon' roaring to life. "I welcome those challenges; I don't back down from anything... or anyone."

 

"I know that, Brian. I have never known a man braver than you. It is amazing, especially after how tragic your childhood started out. However, you will have a new role. You should be more behind the scenes, monitoring and controlling the outcome of every situation around you. Handling these tasks will fall to Justin or anyone else you elect to use in the future."

 

Brian frowned. Justin. How would the hot-headed young assassin respond to him being in charge? He was anxious to find out. "Regarding Justin... he's very young, Father. If he wanted out at some point, as long as we could trust his discretion, I would want to do what is uncommon in our world, and just let him go." Brian found himself resenting the slight tightness in his chest that came with the thought of Justin out of his life, realizing such sentimentality was not acceptable in his chosen lifestyle - whether in his current role in the organization, or the one to come.

 

Salvatore looked at his son more than a little skeptical. He didn't buy the nonchalance he tried to convey. Justin was important to Brian, perhaps far more than his son realized. He wouldn't easily let him go - in any capacity. He admired that he would allow Justin a choice that wasn't often offered in their world, but he doubted Brian being able to stand by it. He would play along for now. "I find Justin to be extremely committed to the Caletti family; I don't see him seeking a change no matter who is in charge. Much like you at the same age, he is a natural, and really seems to love what he does."

 

"Yes, I see that too." Brian couldn't deny his father's assessment of Justin. He did seem very skilled, and comfortable with what he did. What concerned him most was his close family ties. Once Justin truly came into his own and was possibly targeted by those that were threatened by him, they would attempt to use his family. That placed not only Justin's family at risk, but Justin as well. And in doing so, the Caletti organization as well. "I have some concerns; in fact, the same that I think you have as well. Even with Sapperstein being gone, I think Justin's family will need our special protection."

 

Salvatore inclined his head. "Without a doubt. Justin is under the radar at the moment, but once other families discover him as your replacement, they will start looking at him... in particular, looking for a vulnerability. His parents are his only weakness. Fortunately, they choose to remain on the island and are more isolated here. We can watch over them. Threats will undoubtedly come, but if we are vigilant, they will be handled more than effectively."

 

"I will eliminate any family that attempts to kill either Justin or his family." Brian flinched at the knowing look in his father's eyes, realizing he had just revealed feelings he still hadn't come to terms with himself. Justin Taylor mattered to him. He could say it was on the behalf of business, but his father was far too astute for that.

 

"I know you will," Salvatore smirked, knowing all was well in hand. Brian had accepted his true destiny, and in time, he would become more centered as he grew into his now complicated relationship with the young gunman. He had always known they would connect; however, until he had arrived in the Virgin Islands, he hadn't realized how much. Brian and Justin would be a formidable pair. In time, none would seek to take either of them out. Fear was the greatest form of control. Together they would exert that well. "I'd like you to tell Justin of your new place in our organization. If he questions anything, ask him to seek me out. Advise him that if he wants out, now is the time before all of the changes are implemented."

 

Brian eyed his father in suspicion, a part of him suspecting that Salvatore was doing a bit of matchmaking, but deciding he wasn't upset enough by the interference to protest. Arguing with Salvatore Caletti was redundant at best. He could see no point in it. And it had been hours since he'd had any special interaction with his favorite little blond assassin. He wouldn't mind celebrating with one now. Standing to his feet, Brian smiled down at his father. "I'll take care of it, and let you know how it goes."

 

Salvatore snickered as Brian made his way to the door. Not intending on letting his son think he had him fooled in any way, he called out, "Enjoy yourself, son. Don't make it all about business. And don't include those details when you report back in..."

 

Swearing as he opened the door, his glare was swallowed up when he turned back to see the approval and love in his father's eyes. It was almost blinding for him. He had everything he had ever dreamt of as a young man. A father's love and devotion. His life was essentially changing, and in ways that he had never anticipated. He shook his head, unsure if he would ever fully process these changes. "Talk to you later." Brian's voice slightly cracked when he added, "Dad."

 

Salvatore allowed tears to flow as Brian departed, his heart filling with an unspeakable amount of joy. He truly had it all now. In essence, he already had Brian working at his side when he needed him, but this was different now. He could actually bond with his son now. Teach him everything he needed to know to be the success he knew he was destined to be. He couldn't wait to get started.

 

Brian quirked a brow as he opened the door to his suite, his eyes moving hungrily over the blond that crossed the threshold, as always uncertain how long he could keep his mind on business. He knew he had to learn control in that. His new role would demand it. "Come in, Junior. I've been expecting you."

 

Justin gritted his teeth, forcing himself to ignore the ‘Junior' reference. What was it about this man that constantly got under his skin? Well, perhaps he knew the answer to that, at least in part. Brian Kinney, aka ‘The Surgeon', was the most sensual and charismatic man that he had ever known. The danger that constantly surrounded him made him all the more alluring. "You did summon me. What's the emergency?"

 

Continuing to eye fuck the hot body before him, Brian brazenly suggested, "Maybe my cock just missed your tight little ass."

 

"A tragedy for sure..." Justin quipped. Without being told to do so, Justin turned and slid the bolt across on the door, doing that more to make a statement, than any practicality. He knew no one would enter the suite, but he didn't mind the gesture telling the hot-blooded killer that he was more than ready for some more one-on-one action. ‘I'm sure there's more, but I'm sure you'll tell me when you're ready."

 

"Indeed I shall." Brian took a step back, his finger moving to run along his chin almost thoughtfully, more than a little curious as to how Justin would respond to his news. "I've just had a long meeting with my father, and he is intent on making some changes... ones that will undoubtedly affect you."

 

"Changes?" Justin queried warily, his nose scrunching up in displeasure. His eyes narrowed as Brian's stance became even more arrogant, his arms crossing in front of him as he stared down at him in his superior way. "Oh. Fuck no. He didn't. The Boss wouldn't do THAT to me..."

 

"Let me be clear, Junior. Not only is that his intention; I have already accepted." Brian smirked at the glowering blond, the man that was now on his payroll. "Let me hear you say it, Justin. It won't be that difficult. You've been saying it to my father for how long now? Hmmm. I don't know. I guess I would have to research that. But I think you know what I'm asking."

 

Justin grunted, angry at himself that he found a slight bit of pleasure in this piece of news. "I suppose it's a logical progression, but you are enjoying my unease a bit too much. You know... I could always request my release from the Caletti family. Your father would probably honor that."

 

"I wouldn't be so sure of that, Justin. My father is very old school in these matters. However, if you decided you did want out, I would most likely comply - but you would need to do it soon. Once the transition of power is complete, I couldn't be as compliant." His cockiness instantly dissipated, as he waited for Justin to say more. He had brought this very subject up with his father, even if he had hoped it wouldn't come to fruition. "Is that what you're asking? Do you want to be free from the organization?"

 

Biting his bottom lip, attempting to appear torn in his decision, but fearing he would burst into laughter at any given moment, Justin shook his head, smiling brightly before the laughter erupted. "Not at all. I am proud to be part of the Caletti family. Your father has taught me so much, and I know he has done the same for you, and will probably only continue to do so." Moving closer, Justin reached out and ran his hands up Brian's chest, stopping to pull at the nipples he felt and could see pressing through the tight fabric. His voice lowered to a husky murmur. "I think I can accommodate you in a variety of ways... Boss."

 

Brian growled, his hands reaching out to clasp around Justin's waist, in one savage motion, pulling him tightly against him. "I intend to make sure of that..." His mouth lowered, passionately moving over Justin's, his tongue immediately seeking an entry that he was determined to have, an intimacy the younger man was more than eager to give. Brian bit at Justin's lips, devouring his mouth in a fierce pressure that was relentless. He exercised both control and dominance in one single kiss. Brian knew he could be taking his new power too far, but by the revealing throaty moans and wandering hands of the man in his arms, he didn't think Justin minded at all. If anything, Justin was exhilarated by it. Brian released Justin's lips, backing away only far enough for Justin to succumb to his soon-to-be urgent command. "Strip and bend over the couch. I want you fucking NOW."

 

Justin's eyes widened. He had been in many hot and urgent moments with Brian, but this one was the most intense. Brian was so feral. Primitive. Completely out of control. Was this brought on by Brian's new power? Justin found himself not caring about the reason. Even though he had never been one of a subservient nature, the opposite, in fact, he was still loving every minute of Brian's more dominating side. It was fucking hot, as he knew being possessed by him would be as well. Hurriedly, Justin removed his clothes, his mind still able to comprehend the process that Brian was doing the same thing, his eyes pulling to the action of Brian sheathing his cock, and generously lubing himself afterward. There wasn't a doubt in his mind. This was going to be quick, savage, and completely frenetic. He couldn't fucking wait.

 

Brian licked his lips as Justin bent over the back of the couch, his perfect ass pointing out for all of his most debauched pleasures. It was then that he realized he would never have enough of this man. In fact, since he had met Justin on this island, he hadn't looked at another man in sight. For him, that was saying a great deal. There were dozens of hot-looking men just in residence at this resort. He had been observant enough to derive that. But that didn't matter. His desire had continued to be centered around this one man. Such a realization would have been abhorrent to him in the past, but not now, and not when it came to this man. Brian settled his hands on Justin's hips, his cock lining up to slice into the welcoming heat, his mouth hot and urgent on the blond's neck. "I am going to fuck you so hard. I want you to feel me in you even when we're apart."

 

"Do it..." Justin urged, his ass pushing back at the engorged, yet unmoving cock. Justin began to pant in both excitement and frustration, finding himself too much in need to handle any preliminaries. He knew exactly how to push Brian along. It might cause him to feel more of a burn from Brian's possession, but he craved that feeling almost as much as he craved this man. "C'mon, Boss. Fuck me. Hard and fast. Take my ass like you want to own it..."

 

"Fuck. You know how to get my attention. I'm not sure that's a good thing, but I'll let that go for now." Brian bit into Justin's neck, his teeth and tongue possessing every section of exposed skin. Unable to resist, Brian slid his well-lubed cock into Justin's ass, giving him very little time to adjust before pushing his full length into the eager boy. This was how he loved to see Justin. Aching. Hungry. Desperate for the pleasure only he could give him. Was he becoming obsessed over this man, the man that essentially belonged to him within the reality of his new role? Perhaps. But he didn't give a damn. Justin was his on every level. It was time he accepted that and what Justin meant to him.

 

"Mmmm." Justin moaned as Brian began to move inside of him. His breath caught when Brian would plunge forward with one fierce thrust, hitting his prostate with precision, before pulling almost all the way out to do the same thing again. He felt so filled in a number of ways, ones he couldn't fully explain or even contemplate in the heat of the moment. He only knew he wanted more. Needed all this man had to give. "Fuck me, Brian. Harder. Faster..."

 

Brian began pulling Justin's hips backwards in conjunction with his savage thrusting. He couldn't seem to fuck him deep enough. He began to move even more urgently when he felt the shaking of Justin's limbs. When accompanied by his shallow breathing, he knew his boy was about ready to explode. All of a sudden, he had started thinking of Justin in those terms - his. He didn't think there could be any turning back from that. For some reason, he felt so possessive of this man. His new power only made that more so. "Let everything go, Justin. All of it. Now... with me."

 

Justin's head arched directly into the heat of Brian's mouth marking it, erratic panting replacing his previously shallow breaths. Brian always knew how he needed to be taken. He doubted he would ever understand it, but it just seemed to be how it was for them. Justin let out a low howl of release as he felt Brian pumping mercilessly into him, each of them finishing as one, his hands tightening on the furniture as he struggled to stay on his feet. Sex with Brian was like nothing else. He was exhausted in the aftermath, and yet, somehow he always felt invigorated as well. And without a doubt, he was always left wanting more. "Fuck, Brian. It only seems to get better."

 

Brian couldn't deny that, nor was he even going to attempt to try any longer. They were connected. Business and pleasure. He didn't doubt that life would often become complicated, as well as dangerous for them within this alignment, but he wouldn't give this up. "Get dressed, Justin. Meet me out on the balcony. I'll order us some lunch and we can discuss business."

 

Justin giggled as he slid into his jeans, watching Brian deftly doing the same. "Didn't we conduct this meeting in the reverse fashion... Sir? Pleasure before business..."

 

"Indeed we did," Brian agreed, his still semi-hard dick telling him it wouldn't take much to return to Justin's obvious enticements. He shook his head as he watched Justin dressing as if he had all the time in the world. Perhaps the kid knew him better than he did himself. Systematically, the younger man had wrapped him around his finger, gradually upsetting his world. He held no fear of him as most men in his position would. In fact, Justin never had. He had seemed to hold him in slight awe, but it had never been as the result of fear. Through it all, Justin had always held his own. He admired that; even though he knew such brazen behavior would need to be curbed in his new role as leader of the Caletti family, at least in the face of the public and other business associates. Silently, Brian watched as Justin idly moved toward the balcony, his hand reaching for the phone to order up room service. Food, along with business, might distract him for a while. As he looked at Justin looking out at the beautiful view his suite provided, Brian wasn't so sure about that. Justin constantly provoked and aroused him with very little effort. That was something he needed to get under control.

 

Justin smiled as he sensed Brian behind him, watching him. "I'll give it fifteen minutes."

 

Brian scowled, more than aware of what Justin's words meant, yet not rising to the not so subtle baiting, determined to keep them on a business footing. "It will be for however long I decide it needs to be," he clipped out. His father already believed he couldn't keep his hands off of Justin. He needed to prove to him, as well as himself that he could maintain control. It was something he needed to master. He was focused on making that control his reality. "There are rules that come with boundaries that we must discuss before this transition of power is complete. We will do that, Justin." Brian's expression changed from stern to carnal in an instant. "And then, we will get back to other more pleasurable pursuits."

 

"I can hardly wait..." Justin huskily purred. Blinking when Brian glared at him, realizing that Brian was attempting to stay mostly in ‘Boss' mode, Justin smiled at him encouragingly, deciding only to tempt him marginally. "You are going to make a great leader, Brian. I know how proud your father is of you. Even before I knew he was your father, that was easy to discern."

 

"Thank you, Justin. That means a lot." His eyes became smoky, unable to resist moments of flirtatious behavior. "So, Mr. Taylor, are you saying you are still fully on board and prepared to work under me?"

 

"Oh yes, Sir." Justin's eyelashes fluttered slightly. "It will be my pleasure to work under you... in every capacity you require."

 

Brian forced himself to maintain his distance, knowing it would be a mistake to place his hands on the teasing, and far too beguiling man. A muscle twitched in his jaw as he vowed, "I will be your mentor as I learn from my father. You will be the best in the business with my tutelage. The Caletti organization will grow in strength and power, and you will be vital in us achieving our greatest success. The true beginning of our enterprise begins now..."

 

TBC