- Text Size +

 

Salvatore was drinking a glass of finely aged whiskey when Ben returned. He blinked slowly as the most trusted man in his organization advanced into the room. He looked up at him anxiously as he joined him near the fireplace. Gesturing to the bottle, and a clean glass beside it, Salvatore invited, "Join me for a drink, Ben."

 

Even though he wasn't much of a whiskey drinker, Ben responded by taking the bottle and pouring himself a drink. Refusing Don Caletti's invitation was one of those unspoken forbidden rules. Whereas he knew he would be forgiven if he had declined, it was still considered rude. That was something he would never be with Salvatore Caletti. "Thank you, Boss. It has been a long day."

 

"That it has..." Salvatore agreed. "Having Stockwell off of my streets is a much-needed relief." A weary sigh escaped. "I'm getting so tired, Ben. This life drains a man after so long..."

 

Ben sat forward, his eyes narrowing in concern. "Boss? Are you feeling ill? I can call the doctor here immediately..."

 

Holding his hand up in denial, Salvatore told him, "That won't be necessary, Ben, but I do thank you. I'm just getting older, and tired of it all." He cast a sharp look at his most resourceful guard, worriedly asking him, "Did everything go well with Brian? You've been gone much longer than I had expected."

 

Averting his eyes, more than a little bit uncomfortable with all the specifics, Ben hurriedly answered, "Brian was merely in... shall I say - a mood? Yes, I think that's the best way to put it. Although, he did agree to go to the Caribbean."

 

"Wonderful..." Salvatore murmured in response. Even though Brian had never refused a request issued from him, he never took anything for granted. In his world that would be both foolhardy and dangerous. "I am always skeptical of making such a move; Brian's recommendation will factor heavily within my decision. "

 

Taking a light sip of his drink, Ben curiously inquired, "Is the move to the Caribbean more recreational... or business-related?"

 

Shrugging, Salvatore answered, "I've amassed my fortune, Ben, but that doesn't matter in my circles. I can never completely leave the business. I am now looking for a safe and relaxing place to call my own, a place I can use whenever I see the need. However, I am Salvatore Caletti, leader of the Caletti family - should an opportunity for expansion or more present itself, of course, I will take it."

 

"Well... I'm sure if anyone can make a complete determination, it will be Brian."

 

Salvatore cast a shrewd look on his private guard. "You spoke of Brian being in a mood. Is that something I need to be aware of?"

 

Ben flushed guiltily. "Not exactly, Boss. I came upon Brian when he was exiting one of the clubs on Liberty Avenue. Let's just say I disrupted his plans for the evening..."

 

A deep chuckle erupted. "I'd say you're lucky not to have been shot down."

 

"If not for the fact that my presence caused him concern for you, I'd say it to be a possibility..." Ben smiled as he remembered Brian's initial reaction. He couldn't be happier at the deep regard Brian held for Salvatore. It only made him respect him more. "As it turned out, though, the evening turned out favorable for all of us."

 

"I sense another story there..." Salvatore murmured astutely.

 

"Perhaps, but nothing of great importance." Ben placed his glass down, flexing his shoulders wearily. "If you have no further need for me tonight, I'd really like to turn in."

 

Salvatore found himself feeling the exact same. "I think I'll do that too. It's been a long day. Thankfully, it all ended well."

 

Ben nodded as he walked with Don Caletti in the direction of the staircase. "Indeed. One major parasite eliminated, but others are probably on the rise as well."

 

"It's the way of my world, Ben. That never changes." He patted him warmly on the back, before moving down the hallway to his own set of rooms. "Goodnight, Ben."

 

"Goodnight, Boss..." Ben respectfully returned, at once closing himself in his room, a smile tugging at his lips at how his night had completely ended. He could hear Brian's words in his ear just as they were dropping him back at his hotel.

 

"You know, Ben, since you deprived me of my celebratory fuck, perhaps you should be the one to accommodate me..."

 

Ben had gotten hard immediately. He had enjoyed that experience one other time. Doing so again wouldn't be any sort of sacrifice for him. "Are you asking if I'd like to fill in for your lost trick?"

 

Brian's hand began to glide down his leg, then back up again until he reached the zipper on his pants. "Something tells me you wouldn't be totally averse to that..."

 

"Not at all..." Ben had breathed huskily. "Lead on, Mr. Hitman. I'll be your only too willing victim..."

 

"Oh no, Ben. Not a victim. Not you. I think you'll only derive pleasure from this assignation..."

 

Ben smiled as he prepared for bed. Brian's words were more than accurate. It had been a pleasure for both of them.

 


 

Craig Taylor looked up from his breakfast, his eyes sharply assessing his son. "What are your plans today, Justin?"

 

"Same as always." Justin sat at the table sipping his juice, his eyes staring ahead in boredom... this daily conversation in particular.

 

"I see," Craig responded in disapproval. "What you mean to say is absolutely nothing."

 

"Craig..." Jennifer bemoaned, knowing this conversation wouldn't end well. She couldn't remember a time when it ever did.

 

"Jennifer, he just turned twenty-one years old. At this point, he's nothing but a glorified beach bum." He looked at Justin's uncaring expression. "Maybe I should cut off his allowance..."

 

Justin sighed in boredom. "I have a trust fund... remember? I would survive for years on that."

 

"Justin, that attitude really doesn't help..." Jennifer scolded.

 

"No, let him talk, Jennifer. It's great to see how much use he's making of his costly business degree." Craig took in a deep breath, more than anything hoping to get through to his only child. "Son, I get that your heart isn't in the hotel business. However, sometimes in life, you have to settle. We make a damned good living here. You should be managing one of the chains by now, not soaking up the sun and seeking out bedmates."

 

"Actually Dad, the correct term is ‘tricks'. I'm queer... remember?" Justin always threw that out when he felt his father was pushing him too hard... or if he felt the need for a diversion. It wasn't as if he was scared of being tossed out on his ass. He had his own money. It wasn't even the fact that his father wanted him to become involved in the family business. Perhaps he would in time. He just didn't like being dictated to to make that choice. It was his life. Not every child always carried on the family tradition. It just wasn't something he could do right now.

 

Jennifer groaned. "Justin, do you really have to be so outspoken? Your father only wants the best for you."

 

"Yes, I do, Mom. I need you both to understand that this is my life. I am NOT going to be an extension of your dreams. I won't say that I'll always feel this way, but right now, I have no interest in Taylor Resorts." He stood to his feet, grabbing his beach bag, and slinging it over his shoulder. "Have a good day. And don't hold dinner for me."

 

Craig's face colored as the anger rose in him. "I don't get him, Jennifer. He could have all of this, and he doesn't want it. I would support him in a career of his choice, and he doesn't want that either. I just don't know what to do."

 

"I don't get him either, Craig. This isn't like him. Something is troubling him and making him act so rebellious. I just don't know what." Pursing her lips, watching the very door Justin had vacated through mere moments ago, she continued to muse aloud. "I'll find out, though. I promise you that."

 


 

Brian stepped from the taxi, his eyes hidden behind his sunglasses as he took in his view of the hotel front that would be his home for an indefinite amount of time. Taylor Resorts. Not a very innovative name. He wondered if the resort was a chain or if it was a small family business. Salvatore had booked him into this hotel, so this was where he would stay. The leader of the Caletti family always had a reason for every action. His choices were typically faultless. He didn't expect this to be any different.

 

The notes Salvatore had given him had been semi-specific. This hotel was what he considered to be in a safe, and central location. He wanted a report on everything pertaining to this particular island. This hotel was only a part of it. He wondered at Salvatore's choice. He had lived in Pittsburgh since he had been a young boy. In fact, he never left it excluding a brief business outing that required his particular attention. It was never a good thing when the head of the Caletti family had to travel to handle ‘business' matters. That generally only had one ending... either an instant hit or a call to Brian to handle it for him. His history with Salvatore only led to one answer. He never refused a job from his mentor. That was a reality that would always be unchanging.

 

Approaching the entrance, Brian looked around in interest, as always taking complete mental notes of his surroundings. It never mattered if his location was derived for business or pleasure, he never felt comfortable unless he had a thorough lay of the land. That would be no different here... especially considering he was here to scope out the island in its entirety. His sunglasses still hiding his assessing gaze, Brian glanced around the lobby, quickly observing the resort was filled with guests... At first glance, it was obvious this property was extremely profitable.

 

He stepped up to the front desk, his eyes intent on the curly-haired man that seemed to overtly ignore his presence, Brian had a frown on his face that this was how the man greeted an incoming guest. He flicked his eyes to the name tag embossed in gold lettering, pleased to see that he didn't carry a position of importance at the resort. "Excuse me..." Brian brusquely spoke, "I would like to check in sometime today..."

 

His eyes lifting upward, Ethan looked down his nose at the man, a feat in itself due to him being several inches - at least - shorter than the imposing man. "May I help you, Sir?"

 

"I believe I just indicated that you can..." Brian replied drolly. This wasn't starting off on a good foot. He could only imagine how much this encounter could deteriorate from this starting point. At the moment, he couldn't think of a more pleasant pastime than shooting this odious man. Of course, he wouldn't do that. As a rule, he didn't kill on a whim. This man could be the exception.

 

"Do you have a reservation, Sir?" He glanced around the bustling lobby. "As you can probably determine... we are full."

 

Brian's patience continued to be sorely tested. This man had no clue who he was dealing with. He could find out very soon. "Of course, I have a reservation." Normally, he would have had a much more cutting... if not cryptic answer; however, this man wasn't worth his time. He gave the information requested, his eyes cold as he watched the desk clerk typing his name into the computer.

 

"Ohhh." Ethan displayed his surprise for the first time. "You're booked, and prepaid for a three-week stay. That's uncommon. Are you here on business, Mr. Kinney?"

 

Brian's gaze bored into the dark eyes, his tolerance for his intrusive behavior nearing an end. "It could be." To himself, he thought... Keep pushing, Ian, and it will be.

 

"I just need a credit card to cover any incidental charges, and of course, the resort fee." Ethan held out his hand expectantly, for some reason finding himself unsettled by the man's domineering and cold expression... not to mention his strange response.

 

Handing the required card over, Brian watched as he completed the transaction, silently slipping the card back into his pocket when the clerk had finished. Brian couldn't help worrying that this man was the best the resort had to offer. He couldn't be stranded in the Virgin Islands for a three-week stay without numerous fuckable candidates. This Ian wouldn't be among what he hoped to be a long list.

 

"Do enjoy your stay at Taylor Resorts," Ethan called for the bellhop that would escort the unpleasant Mr. Kinney to his room, not the least bit surprised to have found it to be their most exclusive and expensive of rooms.

 

"I'm sure I will..." Brian drawled, his eyes watchful on the young bellhop that came for his bags. He couldn't help but appreciate the compact, yet muscular body coming his way from behind the dark lenses that he wore. Not bad at all, he thought. Perhaps this trip could start out with his most favorite activity.

 

Not even glancing at the nametag on the red uniform, Brian felt a slight quickening in his dick when the man bent over to pick up his bags... blatantly obvious that he did so for Brian's benefit. That was fine with him. A vigorous morning fuck would be a great start to his working holiday.

 

His eyes sweeping hungrily over Brian's perfect form, a sultry invitation emitted. "Follow me, Sir. I would be pleased to show you to your room."

 

"I'm sure you would." Brian's eyes glittered in lust. "In fact, I'm sure it can be a mutual pleasure..."

 

Ethan watched from the front desk, his lips curling in disdain. He refused to admit if only to himself that his response could carry a slight degree of jealousy. As the two men stepped into the elevator, Ethan realized their newest and most improper bellhop would be out of commission for the immediate future.

 

Continuing to watch them until they moved out of sight, Ethan shook his head in disbelief. He was disgusted by the behavior of their newest, and most inappropriate bellhop. There wasn't a doubt his services would be unavailable to the other guests for an unknown period of time. He could take the matter up with Mr. Taylor, although he doubted Justin would like that. Jealousy flashed in his eyes. Justin had already had a short fling with the new bellhop. More than anything, he wished to be the one Justin turned to with yearning in his eyes... however fleeting it might be.

 

An even more loathsome thought occurred to him. What would happen if Justin met their outspoken and totally outrageous new guest? Justin would be attracted to him. Of that, he had no doubt. After what he had just witnessed, Ethan was sure Mr. Kinney would feel exactly the same.

 

Would he ever get his chance?

 

TBC