- Text Size +

 

Justin couldn't shake the feeling of probing eyes following his every move. Every chance he got, he would look over his shoulder, or even casually stop and turn as if to be looking for something himself. Each time, he came up with nothing. Whoever, or whatever watched him... they were very good at being discreet; however, not good enough to leave him totally in the dark. As he walked closer to the more populated part of town, Justin began to think about that. Could the person that followed him want him to know they were there? If that was the case, the question that burned most in his mind was - why?

 

Distracted by his thoughts, he found himself taken off guard when a hand grasped onto his arm, pulling him into a deserted storefront, lips fastening urgently onto his own. Upon realizing the identity of his not-so menacing assailant, his lips parted, and his hands moved sensuously over the other man's broader shoulders. A moan of desire erupted from him as he angled to move even closer. "Mmmm. Now, this is the kind of surprise I like..."

 

"I do aim to please..." the husky voice spoke, hands pulling him into the building while skillfully keeping their lips attached. Pulling back just enough to look around for the best place to position them, he quirked a half-smile, before asking, "Over the counter or on the floor?"

 

Justin cast a distasteful look at the dirty surface of the floor, before conceding, "Uhhhh, the counter." More than ready for what he knew was bound to be a hot and frantic fuck, Justin moved his eyes hotly over his lover, his voice sultry when he said, "You know, Brandon... one of these days I'm going to turn the tables and fuck you instead."

 

Brandon smirked. He wouldn't rule out that possibility, although he was a bonafide ‘Top'. However, this kept Justin coming back for more, and he was far from bored with this beautiful blond. "Who knows, Hot Stuff? Miracles can happen. Now... do you want to talk some more, or do you want me to fuck you?"

 

Sliding his tight jeans down his hips, Justin wiggled his ass in welcome to one of the few men he had ever allowed to fuck him. Brandon was the only one to have been given the pleasure more than once. He wasn't oblivious to Brandon's motives - not at all. They both knew that as long as Brandon held out, he would keep coming back to him, and that wasn't something he usually did with his tricks. Brandon was different, though. He actually liked him, at least, as much as he genuinely liked anyone. More important than that - Brandon knew how to fuck. It was nice to slip into this role from time to time. Although, even when he bottomed, he was still in charge. Brandon knew that, as would any other man that he ever gave the same honor. That would never change.

 


 

In no great hurry, Brian approached the small shop that was clearly empty... excluding the two men that had rushed inside. It was apparent that the one had been surprised by the other, albeit pleasantly so. Brian smiled. He had no doubt why they made such haste. His eyes quickly found a small window that gave him a perfect view. He wasn't sure if he wanted to remain silent and hidden, join the two men, or wait for the one he had been following to be alone.

 

Watching closely, Brian was a bit surprised to find the hot blond he had been following the one to be on the receiving end of what was an intense and frenzied fuck. There hadn't been a doubt in his mind that the boy he followed was the resort owner's son. It was amazing that he had paid such close attention to his morning trick's accounts of the blond, but he had been intrigued. As of yet, he hadn't glimpsed a clear look at his face. From what he could see from behind, though, the enticement of young Taylor's ass had been no exaggeration. He planned to get inside of it at the earliest opportunity.

 

Brian watched as the nameless man fucked the Taylor kid. Once he caught a glimpse of his face now thrown back in what was undoubtedly pure bliss, he committed it to memory, as he did with any face that he thought could have future meaning to him. If the blond was allowing this man to fuck him, he could be significant. Already, he had filed that away for future use. His eyes narrowed sharply on the younger blond, determined if the boy looked back for any reason he would get a better look at his face than he had back at the hotel. His face was the one he really wanted to see.

 

"Well well... who do we have here?" a cold voice sneered from not far away.

 

His back tensed as he heard the voice. It wasn't possible, he thought. Turning his head, Brian's gaze switched from hot to cold in a mere instant. His lips curled in contempt. "And here I thought this island was looking extremely recreational, and pleasant. I might have to rethink any advantages the Virgin Islands might have to offer..."

 

"What the fuck are you doing here, Kinney?" Gary Sapperstein asked in a low, nasally voice. He looked over his shoulder, and around the streets as far as his eyes could see. "Is Caletti here too? Are you two thinking of running me out!?"

 

Brian's head jerked back as laughter overtook him. Wary eyes looked in his direction as the locals moved past the two men, clear to anyone close enough to hear that this wasn't a good meeting. "Run you out? Perhaps you should worry if I'm here to rub you out..."

 

Gary swallowed almost convulsively. At once unsure of himself, he took a step back. "You're not. Caletti has no reason to start a war with me. I left his territory just as he wanted. There is no need for blood to be spilled." Gary continued to look around apprehensively. "You didn't answer my question. Is he on the island?"

 

"You disgust me, Sap. Such a crime lord. Weak and quivering at the mere mention of the Caletti name." Brian's nostrils flared. "You should be more afraid of the man standing before you..."

 

"Why should I be?" Gary knew he had to appear the stronger man in a confrontation, whether he knew that to be the case or not. Kinney fed on fear. He wouldn't walk away from the encounter if he didn't remain strong. "You aren't here for me. I don't give a fuck who you're after, just don't think you are going to invade my territory. I do have my own reinforcements, and I'm sure one of them would love to take on the great ‘Surgeon'."

 

Brian glanced around at the streets that were far more populated than what he'd like. "I know you aren't that cocky, Sapperstein, and I don't see your thugs now."

 

Gary sneered. "They could be closer than you think..."

 

"If you think I give a fuck about that, well... I know my reputation precedes me. I would back down now... if I were you." Brian moved closer, the action inside the empty storefront all but forgotten now. "Keep pushing me, Sap. I want you to. Really." Brian's lips curved into a cold smile. "I don't need a reason to kill you. I certainly don't need a contract to do so. Rubbing you out would be a pleasure. This is your last warning. Walk away now - or before the day ends, I will hunt and kill you."

 

"I'm going..." Gary barely managed to keep the tremor from his voice. He hadn't seen Brian Kinney in years, but he knew what he represented. Kinney was the best in his business. They were enemies. He couldn't lose sight of that. This wasn't time for a prolonged confrontation. It would only lead to a war, and he wasn't ready for that. At least, not yet. "Why don't you ask your mentor why he sent you to an island that I control? Perhaps the old man doesn't have your back after all..."

 

His eyes glittering in rage at the blatant disrespect of Salvatore Caletti, Brian grasped Sapperstein by the back of his neck, instantly pushing him into the alley next to the storefront, intent on doing the job he should have done years ago. "You go too far. I'm going to gut you right here in this alley, and leave your remains for the rodents to devour."

 

Brian's back tensed when he heard a gun clicking behind his head, his eyes meeting the mockery in Gary Sapperstein's evil eyes. "Your backup I presume?" Brian drawled in his most bored voice. He was more shaken than he appeared to be. No man had ever gotten the drop on him. He hadn't been expecting this kind of trouble here. That was a mistake. One that could prove fatal.

 

"One of them. I'm sure the other will be around soon enough." Gary nodded in the direction of the building. "Let's take this little chat inside. I'm sure we can resolve this amicably."

 

Turning to face the man that had balls to pull a gun on him, Brian's eyes registered surprise when he took in the sight of the blond that had been fucking his next trick. "Seriously? This is what protects your territory? The Virgin Islands does seem ripe for the picking..."

 

Brandon eyed the taller man with a degree of interest. He answered by blatantly clicking his tongue. "Wow... it's a shame to kill something so hot."

 

"Enough!" Sapperstein growled. "Inside the building before we draw attention!!"

 

Brian rolled his eyes. "Sap, you know who I am... more to the point - what I am. You have to realize I could break your neck and disarm this young street punk before he could pull the trigger..."

 

Gary Sapperstein swallowed convulsively. They had Kinney surrounded, and still, the man issued threats. The troubling truth being - he knew they were not idle threats. "Brandon, lower your gun. We are just going to talk, but we will do so privately."

 

Brandon's eyes widened, uncertainty in them. He had never known Gary Sapperstein to back down... most especially when he held the advantage. Something was very off here. "Umm, okay. If you're sure, Boss."

 

"I am." Gary watched as Brandon obediently lowered his weapon, fearful that he had pushed this cold-blooded killer too far, knowing that if he had, he would have a high price to pay. Following the two men that preceded him into the unused section of the building, Gary knew he needed to choose his words more carefully than he had so far. "I don't sense that you came here on a mission to find me... so, I would like to resolve this painlessly for us all."

 

Brian's lips twisted. "I don't remember you being so brave, Sapperstein. Foolhardy, yes, but courageous, definitely not."

 

"I don't give a fuck how you feel about me, Kinney. And I'm not as big of a fool as you think I am." Sapperstein took in a deep breath, his eyes focused on Brian as the hired gun moved about the small, empty room... seemingly without a care in the world. That fact pissed him off more than anything else. Kinney knew he didn't dare attack him; however, he didn't need to act so fucking cocky when he was clearly surrounded, and in a hostile environment. The reality of the consequences of an attack on Kinney would be ones that would bring about his own destruction. He cared too much about staying alive, as well as his quality of life to do that.

 

"That's debatable..." Brian countered, as he totally ignored Gary Sapperstein, his eyes coldly assessing the man that tried to be an imposing force. Shaking his head in disbelief, Brian found himself unable to take this man seriously after his front-row seat of how he carried himself with the hot little blond he had been leisurely hunting. Tilting his head to the side, analytical in his perusal of the blond thug, Brian asked, "Where is he?"

 

"Where is who?" Brandon demanded, his own eyes glittering in rage that this stranger found him to be such an inconsequential threat.

 

Glaring at his employee, Gary lashed out at his chief guard. "You were supposed to be following and watching me while I am out, and you were fucking around again?" His eyes narrowed sharply on Brandon. "Don't tell me it was who I think it was!"

 

Brandon shifted on his feet uncomfortably. "What can I say, Boss? He's hot."

 

"Yeah, Boss..." Brian sneered, his tone dripping with disrespect. "The blond is the hottest piece of ass I've seen in a long time."

 

Ignoring Kinney's blatant rudeness, Gary continued to rage at his enforcer. He pointed in Brian's direction before he gutturally whispered, "This man here is a prime example of why you need to be alert. For fucks sake, Brandon. This is Brian Kinney. You've been in the business long enough to know what that means. I've told you about him."

 

"So what?" Brandon answered, his eyes scathing on the hot and dangerous brunet. "We can kill him now and be finished with him. Why are you so afraid to do that? I always wanted to be a legend killer..."

 

"Brandon, you are a fool. I should get rid of you now!" Gary nearly flinched at the combination of mockery and malice in Brian Kinney's eyes. If he hadn't been Kinney's enemy, he knew he was now. Whatever had brought Kinney to the Virgin Islands needed to be resolved quickly. As long as Kinney remained, his entire network, not to mention his personal safety, would be at risk. "Brian Kinney is the chief enforcer for the Caletti family. If Kinney is harmed, war will escalate. It's a war that we can't win."

 

Pulling his gun back out, he aimed it at Brian's temple. "I say we kill him and deal with Caletti. How powerful can the old man be? Hell, I could take him out on my own."

 

In one instant, Brian disarmed Brandon and had the blond man on the floor with his own gun aimed at the middle of his forehead. "There are lines that don't get crossed. This one just cost you... punk."

 

Each of the two men standing, stilled when footsteps came from behind them, a soft-spoken yet clear voice speaking, "Leave him alone, Mr. Kinney. I hadn't anticipated taking out the ‘Surgeon' so early in my career, but I will do it."

 

Sapperstein smiled menacingly at the senior hitman, now feeling they had a decided advantage. He knew they had to resolve this now. If they didn't, Kinney would come back for them. Kinney was an expert with experience that was unparalleled. He would take them all down like sitting ducks.

 

Brian hadn't turned to see who now threatened him, but his instincts told him who it would be. He stared down the Sap with murder in his eyes. He could barely refrain from killing them all. "I'd advise your little tool to lower his gun. As you already mentioned, striking out against me incites a war... not to mention the fact that I will kill you first." He flicked a dismissive glance over Brandon's still form. "Both of you would be dead before this little twink's bullet connected."

 

Sapperstein swore. Kinney was making them look like fools and he didn't like it one bit. "Brandon, get to your feet. You're a disgrace." He fixed a warning gaze on the youngest man present. "Lower your weapon. Now isn't the time for this fight."

 

His eyes moving over Brandon hesitantly rising to his feet, and the Sap's angry expression, Brian brusquely demanded, "The two of you can leave. I want to talk to him alone..." As Brian spat out the words, he turned to look at the man that warily watched him, a tight smile curving his lips when he momentarily glimpsed fear in the blond's eyes, before the deep and beautiful blue eyes, became unreadable, yet the arrogance of his stance displaying great strength.

 

"Brandon, you heard him..." Gary grumbled, knowing he had no other choice at the moment. "Justin will be fine." Casting a warning look at the youngest member of his enforcers, and the one he trusted the least, Gary motioned Brandon forward, his eyes still wary on Kinney's glowering expression. He had handled this surprising meeting all wrong, and they both knew it. Kinney could decide to act out all on his own. If he did, they were all doomed.

 

Justin pocketed his weapon, his eyes sweeping over the notorious hitman with more than casual interest. "So, you are the infamous ‘Surgeon'... I've heard so much about you."

 

Brian moved toward the hot little blond, his eyes boring into the younger man, a combination of lust and rage consuming him. Despite how he felt about anyone associated with the Sap, Brian also found himself mildly curious. He had already been wondering about the resort owner's son... after these surprising events, he wanted to know about him even more. He began to circle the boy, his eyes moving up and down his perfect body, his head shaking in disbelief. "I just don't get it. And surprise isn't something I appreciate in my world."

 

"Don't get what?" Justin asked, refusing to show any sign of nervousness in front of this man.

 

"You don't belong in this world... at least on the surface. In fact, I'd say you give the phrase ‘Babyface Killer' an entirely new meaning." Brian licked his lips as he viewed the tight jeans that encased the most appealing ass he'd ever seen. "The fact that I watched you bottoming intrigues me almost as much. That wasn't the impression I was given of you."

 

"Impression?" Justin demanded in confusion. Then, he remembered. Brian was staying at his father's resort. He had probably been talking to some of the staff. At once he laughed, realizing who he had used for information. "Luiz. I bet you've already spent some quality time with him."

 

Not answering the question, Brian continued to circle the man that was his sexual prey, not to mention a possible future threat or victim. "As much as I want to hear your story, I look at you and I find myself asking myself a couple of questions..."

 

Justin swallowed, unable to miss the menace in the killer's voice. "Such as?"

 

Brian tapped his lip thoughtfully, his gaze devouring the hot blond, yet stabbing into him in anger and distrust. "I'm not sure what I want to do more. Fuck you... or kill you."

 

TBC