- Text Size +

 

Justin discreetly slipped into the resort lobby, intent on being as inconspicuous as possible. His task was clear - observe the hot and extremely dangerous Brian Kinney. Aka... ‘The Surgeon'. However, he wasn't doing so to benefit his own supposed employer. Any information Sapperstein received would be what Don Caletti wanted the other man to know. If he guessed correctly, he believed that to be the most minimal of information. Salvatore Caletti was very difficult to read, but what had been easy to discern was the crime lord's high regard for Brian Kinney. He felt a degree of sympathy for any man that hurt him, whether justified or not. Don Caletti's vengeance would be merciless.

 

A slight groan of dismay slipped through his lips when he observed Ethan watching him from behind the front desk, his hand waving him over in a vigorous enthusiasm. Fuck, he thought to himself. The last thing he needed when he was trying to be quiet and unnoticed was Ethan's fawning... most especially since Ethan was never quiet about the distribution of his affections. He didn't know what else he needed to do to dissuade Ethan's pursuit. He had tried to tell Ethan on numerous occasions that a relationship between the two of them would never work. They were too different, and that didn't matter as much as the fact that despite how attractive Ethan Gold might be, he just wasn't his type. And without a doubt, he did absolutely nothing for him. Perhaps the classic case of being cruel to be kind was now in order.

 

He approached the desk, knowing that was the only way to circumvent what could otherwise be a dramatic scene. Right now, that was the last thing he wanted. Unable to fully mask the boredom from his expression, Justin tried to soften his voice to convey more patience than he actually felt. "Yes, Ethan?"

 

Ethan's gaze was longing and totally focused on his beautiful blond muse. He adored Justin, and it was time he showed him how much. Justin gave him so few opportunities for one-on-one interaction, he had to use each one to the fullest. As it was, Justin continued to be taken in by the playboy type. He couldn't keep taking the risk that one of them would be looking for a long-term commitment. If any man could tempt the most jaded player, it would be Justin. "I'm surprised to see you back so early, Justin. You said your plans would keep you busy all day."

 

"Plans change, Ethan." Justin forced himself to refrain from rolling his eyes, hopeful he could end this unwanted encounter as quickly and smoothly as possible.

 

"Well, that's great... especially since my shift ends soon." His eyes were hopeful when he suggested, "Could we do something together? Maybe get a drink, take a walk, anything??"

 

"Ethan... we do need to talk. Perhaps a walk would be good." He really needed to end Ethan's annoying infatuation with him. The distraction it was bringing was the last thing he needed. He should be focused on Brian Kinney and what he was doing. Don Caletti was very clear on that. Not to mention, it fell in line with what Sapperstein expected from him as well. He might only be going through the motions with one of the crime lords, but the other one he genuinely respected. In addition to that, Salvatore wasn't a man he wanted to disappoint. Realistically, that was a very unhealthy thing to do. "When can you leave?"

 

Feeling slight unease from something in Justin's tone, but desperate for any chance to plead his case, Ethan moved from behind the counter. "I'll change and meet you outside, Justin. Thank you..."

 

Justin barely restrained from grunting in response. He doubted Ethan would feel the same when their talk finished. "I'll meet you over at the gazebos." Privacy was what he wanted, but it wasn't to be alone with his smitten admirer. He grimaced when he saw the hope and excitement in Ethan's eyes. He had chosen a more private location to spare Ethan any embarrassment when he made his intentions clear. Seeing just how invested Ethan was in him, it was clear to see this wouldn't be easy...

 


 

Brian slipped from his room, and down the elevator, finding his feeling of boredom at an all-time high. This was beginning to feel more like a vacation with a few brief tasks thrown into the mix. He wasn't sure what he had expected when Salvatore sent him here, but what it was turning out to be certainly wasn't it.

 

He wasn't built for working on the sidelines... or whatever it was that Salvatore had him doing. He was a man of action. As he stepped from the elevator, and through the resort lobby, Brian walked through the revolving doors, his eyes taking in everything and everyone... his attention to detail as exact whether he was in a leisurely pursuit, or stalking a would-be hit. The plus side for this little assignment was the adrenaline rush he felt at the very thought of events escalating to a hit on the Sap. He would carry out that job free of charge. Then, there was the appeal of Sapperstein's thugs... the resort owner's son in particular. He had every intention of learning much more about him.

 

Bypassing the sidewalk, and the taxis that were waiting to transport the various tourists, Brian began wandering the grounds of the resort, uncertain of what he was looking for... only knowing that he was intent on absorbing every detail - no matter how minuscule. He knew the mind of Salvatore Caletti better than most men could lay claim to; Salvatore would expect him to acquire an immense amount of knowledge, leaving nothing to surprise. Salvatore Caletti did not condone surprises well. It was a trait they equally shared.

 

Observing the guests that seemed to be doing nothing more than soaking up the midday sun, and frolicking in their leisure, Brian's eyes wandered briefly over some of the male guests that sent an inquiring and welcoming look his way. Brian smiled. It didn't matter the location, his sexual appeal was always noticed and appreciated. He was pleased to see that the Virgin Islands had much to offer in the joys of gay sex. He had already partaken of that offering on his arrival. There wasn't a doubt in his mind that he would continue to do so; however, not now as some of the wanting looks directed his way were hoping. He would seek out his companionship at a time and place of his choosing.

 

Continuing to casually walk around the floral gardens that he had to admit was one of the most opulent he had ever seen, his steps briefly stilled at the sight that greeted his eyes in a gazebo not more than twenty feet away. Brian felt immediately consumed by lust. In what appeared to be an impassioned argument, he could see the resort owner's son, Sapperstein's junior thug, raising his arms in anger as he spoke, his face becoming flushed and his eyes sparkling like blue fire. He was thankful to be facing the hot little blond. Seeing each expression that transformed his face told a story all of its own. He wanted him ferociously. It didn't matter who the blond had associated himself with... all that mattered was that he fuck him. In the aftermath, he would uncover each of his secrets. In doing so, revealing anything the Sap so desperately tried to hide.

 

Quickly moving to the side before the blond spotted him, Brian moved closer, hoping to hear what had him and his companion speaking so passionately. Moving in closer, Brian curled his lip as he recognized the odious man from the front desk. He had disliked him on sight. Now, he had to try to move in close enough to hear what was so upsetting to him... in fact, to both of them. In doing so, he could learn something useful for his assignment. He didn't fool himself, though. His intense surveillance was more about getting an angle with Sapperstein's young and outrageously hot thug, and not for the benefit of Salvatore Caletti, but more for his own personal agenda. Although, if he ended up doing both in the process, that would be a much welcome bonus.

 

Moving in close enough to hear them now, yet keeping himself out of view until the time he decided to reveal himself, Brian listened to the heated debate.

 

"Justin! I don't get it. Why can't you give me a chance like you do some of these undeserving beach bums? I would worship you and give you all the attention you needed. They can never please you as I can. I adore you!"

 

Brian bit his lip to keep himself from a sarcastic retort. Utterly pathetic, he thought to himself. What was wrong with this man? And why was Justin allowing such a display? In his place, he would probably kill the whining man - here and now. He focused his eyes on Justin's disgusted expression, curious to how he would respond.

 

"Ethan, I've told you this over and over. I. Don't. Want. You. What do I have to say to make you understand? You have seen how I live. I fuck a lot of guys. I don't hide it. I am not what you need!" Justin's face was flushed, and his back tense. The sensation of being watched wouldn't elude him. He shook his unease off to the fact that they were publicly arguing, and that many of the guests could be observing them. He wasn't sure it was that simple, though.

 

Ethan took a step closer, his hands reaching upwards to touch Justin, a flinch overtaking him when Justin took a similar step backwards. "Let me be the judge of what I need. All I'm asking for is a chance to show you that I can be everything you want. Can't you just give me that??"

 

"No, I can't, Ethan." Justin ran a frustrated hand through his hair, his head turning around to seek out the source of his discomfort. Fuck. He hated being watched. It placed him at a disadvantage. And that was something he didn't do. He was taught by the best, and that was the key lesson Don Caletti had instilled in him... always be aware of your surroundings and more importantly, be prepared for anything. This little meeting needed to end. "I have been more than clear as to why that can't and won't ever happen. Listen to yourself, Ethan, and how pathetic you sound. Do you think I would want a man that begs for my attention when I obviously have no interest? Go find someone that shares your interest, and leave me the fuck alone!"

 

Adoration was quickly replaced with a sneering expression. "I get it, Justin. You think you're too good for me. After all, I am the hired help. I should have realized that long ago, instead of wasting so much time on my dreams."

 

"Dreams..." Justin muttered underneath his breath. "How about you look at reality and not so much at fantasy? The real world is cold, Ethan. Open your eyes and face it like a man... not like a sniveling coward." Justin hated speaking the cruel words, but he was determined this would be the end of this unwanted infatuation. "I trust we won't need to have this talk again. I won't be as understanding next time."

 

Brian's eyes widened from his close but hidden vantage point. Fuck, this kid was incredible. The ice and determination in Justin's tone made his dick twitch. He had to have him. If his obnoxious admirer didn't soon leave on his own accord, Brian might feel compelled to rush things along, and in his own style. He wanted the blond to himself - now.

 

"Don't worry, Justin. I get the point. I won't bother you again..." Ethan's eyes were filled with malice as he stepped from the gazebo, at the moment unable to flee quickly enough. He glanced back long enough to see a man emerging from the nearby shrubbery, his eyes even colder as he recognized one of their newest guests... the brazen and arrogant Mr. Kinney. So that's how it really was, he thought to himself. Justin must have known of his presence and they set him up for humiliation. They would pay for that... Justin especially.

 

Justin watched Ethan's retreat, frowning when he saw the anger intensifying on his face, when he tensed even more hearing movement behind him. Instinctively, he knew exactly who had been watching him. Keeping his back to the skilled assassin, Justin curtly reprimanded, "Very uncouth of you to listen to such a private encounter."

 

"Perhaps so, youngster. However, it was so very informative..." Brian responded, his eyes moving up and down the blond's tense back, his gaze stilling on the perfectly formed denim-clad ass that he couldn't wait to sink his cock into.

 

Turning to face the arrogant, and entirely too appealing Mr. Kinney, Justin warned, "Forget about it, Surgeon. You won't be getting anywhere near my ass..."

 

Brian moved closer, his brow arching in speculation. "Is that so? Sadly, you know my reputation in one area so well, but in another, you can be so vastly clueless."

 

"I am not clueless!" Justin spat, his head spinning around to make sure of their privacy. "Actually, I needed to talk to you. I'm glad you found me."

 

"Really?" Brian drawled provocatively, moving even closer until their bodies almost touched. "I am all for that, Junior. Although, I'm not sure ‘talking' is what comes to mind." Brian rolled his lips under, his eyes hungrily sweeping over the young blond. "I'll make you a deal, hotshot. Come up to my room. I'll show you my gun... if you show me yours..."

 

Justin couldn't control the peals of laughter that rumbled deeply from within his chest. "Seriously, Kinney? That's your best pick-up line? I mean... could you possibly get any more cliche than that!?"

 

"Come with me and we'll find that out together..." Brian rasped, his eyes hungry on Justin's raspberry lips, his tongue stretching out to moisten his own. Fuck, he wanted this man. At the moment, uncaring of any danger as well as the unknown. "You know you want me to fuck you, Justin. In fact, you've been thinking about it since the moment we sparred in that abandoned store."

 

Momentarily, Justin forgot what he needed to say to the hired killer. Strangely, hearing his name on Brian's lips, instead of his witty sarcasm, moved him in a way he couldn't have anticipated. "I've already told you... Mr. Surgeon, I don't intend on letting you fuck me." Boldly, yet uncertain if he did it out of his desire to touch Brian or for the need to stay in control, Justin cupped his hand around the front of Brian's jeans, his hand squeezing the rock hard cock, before he whispered against his lips, "No, Mr. Surgeon... you won't be fucking me; however, I would be more than willing to fuck you..."

 

Brian growled, the heat of their breath intermingling. His hands reached out to sink into the flesh of the blond's ass, his growl deepening to one of feral proportions. He had to fuck him. Not tomorrow. Certainly not next week. It had to be now. "Enough with the games. You can return to that afterwards. For now, it's you and me, Justin. No Sapperstein, no agendas... just you and me fucking."

 

Justin swallowed, his body moving toward the more experienced man. Who was he kidding? Could any man ever truly deny Brian Kinney... in anything? "Okay, Mr. Assassin, you got yourself a deal." Lowering his voice, more so there wasn't a chance of being overheard, Justin told him, "I guess it's appropriate and slightly ironic."

 

Pulling back, Brian whispered against the blond's lips, "Ironic in what way?"

 

Justin couldn't resist the temptation for one minute longer. He reached up, pulling Brian's mouth down to his lips, parting at the initial contact to sink his tongue inside, a moan escaping when Brian's tongue slithered around his own. How could he have thought to deny himself - this?? The man in his embrace was a legend in his own field... as well as the most sinfully sensuous man he'd ever known. Sometimes even men of strength needed to surrender. In this instance, he realized it wasn't a show of weakness.

 

The kiss became even more intense and intimate, each man battling for control, Justin pulled back to answer, knowing in doing so he would be dropping the proverbial bombshell. "The irony, Mr. Kinney, is that we work for the same team." Chuckling at Brian's look of confusion, Justin softly clarified, "I am a plant in Sapperstein's operation. In actuality, I work for Salvatore Caletti..."

 

TBC