- Text Size +
Story Notes:

A/N: This little snippet was written many years ago close to Valentine's Day. I just woke up that morning and it was there. This is about as fluff-based as I have ever written; and, obviously, that is no longer my style... but I thought I would slip this one in with all of the dark fics I am currently posting. If you haven't read this, I do hope you enjoy this short piece.

:)

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. This is written for entertainment purposes only!

 

 

Justin walked across the school playground, determination etched upon his six-year-old face. He had been waiting for this moment all day, in what had seemed like his entire lifetime. He wasn't about to let his nerves cause him to falter now. His eyes darting around almost desperately, he smiled when the object of his affection fell into his sights. On the swing set, barely moving... staring distantly off into space, remaining oblivious to all the young girls that giggled around him was the most beautiful boy in the first grade.

 

Brian Kinney. They had met two years ago at preschool. Justin knew then, as he knew now - he would love this boy forever. Even though he didn't know what that meant at his young age - he knew it to be his reality. His steps stumbled slightly as he moved closer to Brian, uncertain of how the dark-haired boy would react to his gesture, yet knowing it was something he had to do. He smiled shyly as Brian looked up at his approach, telling himself the normally aloof boy did so because somehow he knew it was him... and not all the rest that he normally shunned.

 

Looking away, Justin blushed, as he stammered, "Hi, B-Brian."

 

"Justin," Brian answered back, hazel eyes looking at the blond boy attentively.

 

"I - umm, got you something," Justin whispered nervously.

 

Brian smiled at him. "What's that?"

 

Justin pulled an envelope from behind his back, stretching it forward in a timid rush. He placed the red envelope in Brian's hand, his head remaining downcast as he spoke in a muffled whisper. "Happy Valentine's Day, Brian."

 

Brian laughed softly, the sound melting the blond's heart. He smiled as he watched Justin run away in embarrassment. Opening the card, he read the printed words and smiled wider at the XOXO that was written at the bottom, followed by Justin's name. Brian knew they were just very little, and they each had a long life to live yet... but he knew he would always remember this day.

 

Now, twenty years later Brian watched as Justin walked down the aisle towards him, love shining in his eyes for the blond... a depth of emotion that he clearly read reflected within Justin's. As he took his hand at the altar, Brian smiled down at the man who was soon to become his husband, and partner for life. Before the minister began to speak the words that would bind their lives as one, Brian leaned down to whisper into his ear, "Happy Valentine's Day, Justin."

 

Justin beamed as he listened to the minister, knowing that Brian was remembering a day so many years ago. Neither of them could have possibly understood the connection they had shared such a long time ago, but they had known one thing - it had been special, and that they loved each other.

 

Brian and Justin repeated their vows, each of them lost in each other... remaining oblivious to the crowd of family and friends that watched them celebrate their union. When at last they were legally joined by the State of New York, they kissed and held onto each other tightly, both of them knowing one thing for certain - today had been another Valentine's Day to remember. One that would forever reside in their hearts and memories.

 

THE END

 

The End.
confused_bliss is the author of 53 other stories.