- Text Size +
DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.







MISSING YOU

Chapter One


The two men strolled amiably down the street, talking, laughing, jostling each other as they glanced in the storefront windows.
The contrast between the two was quite striking. The taller man was over six feet, with a lean, athletic frame. His auburn hair was perfectly windswept and he was dressed impeccably in jeans and a black double-breasted jacket. The shorter dark-haired man, also in jeans, was no more than maybe five feet nine inches tall and was wearing a grey corduroy jacket with the sleeves down over his hands.
They stopped at a couple of windows, looking at the expensive items on display.
“He'll be back, you know. The job isn't going to last forever.” The shorter man said.
“He's not coming back,” the other man said blandly.
“Of course he is! Where else is he going to go?”
“Michael, he's having the time of his life in Hollywood. The job has been extended by another couple of months. Why the fuck would he want to come back to Pittsburgh?”
“This is his home,” Michael whined.
The tall man just huffed. They continued along the street, stopping at a large store with a motorcycle in the window.
“I could buy that,” the man in the dark jacket said, pointing to the large shiny machine.
“What? You'd end up killing yourself on it!” Michael started to walk away, then he turned back to face his friend. “You know, Brian, you could always tell him how much you love him. I'm sure that would make him want to come home.” Michael said sweetly.
“He's not missing me, Michael. He's enjoying parties with celebrities, working on 'Rage' the movie, living in the director's guest house. From his last phone call, he's having a wonderful time with all those gorgeous guys out there.“ Brian informed his friend.
“There's no way he'll come back.”
“You don't know that.”
“Michael, are you listening?” Brian said, staring his friend in the face.
"Yes, I'm listening.”
“He's still a kid, he's working a dream job, experiencing a life completely different from here. Hanging out with stars, actors, directors. Why would he give that up? He'd be crazy to come back here after living in Hollywood for months.”
“Maybe, but there is one reason he'd come back,” Michael said.
“Yeah, what's that?”
“You.” Michael grinned. “Brian, you can't tell me you don't care about him because it's obvious to everyone. I reckon if you asked him to come home, he'd be on the first flight he could get.”
“Then he'd be out of his mind. He's young and he should be out there doing what he loves, creating movie magic.” Brian shrugged and walked ahead of his friend.
Michael decided he'd better change the subject. “So, what are you going to buy with all your spare cash?”
“I'm sure I'll find something appropriate. No hurry.”