- Text Size +

 

Hours later after falling into a much-needed sleep following the long process of police questioning and protocol, Brian was abruptly awoken by Justin's screams of terror only one door away from his own. Clad only in his black silken briefs, he grabbed the gun from his nightstand rushing to Justin's side. Not stopping to knock, finding the entire concept to be redundant under the circumstances, Brian forcefully pushed the door open to find Justin in the throes of a nightmare. According to the sheen of sweat marring Justin's perfect alabaster skin - Brian perceived it was an intense one.

 

Brian quickly moved toward the bed, knowing his state of undress could come back to haunt him, despite Justin assuring him he would be better behaved in the future - but fully realizing this could be too much temptation for the hot-blooded blond to resist. He sat down next to him, placing his gun on the nightstand before grasping Justin's flailing arms tightly, holding him in place until the frantic movements ceased. "Justin, wake up. It's only a dream."

 

Justin immediately shot up in the bed, his eyes darting around wildly, running quivering hands through his hair, "My God, it was just a dream. It was so real."

 

Brian sat down next to him on the bed, uncaring of his undress, stroking the damp strands away from Justin's face, as he looked down on him in concern. "The worse ones usually are. Tiny little movies that can rip you to the core."

 

"Fuck. I heard Justin scream. Is everything okay in here?" Ben asked from the doorway, brandishing his own gun, hair disheveled as he'd only paused long enough to slip into his robe.

 

Brian turned to face Ben, seeing that Justin was still trembling and not quite coherent. "Just a bad dream, Ben. I've got this. You can go back to bed."

 

"Uh, sure, Brian. Could I see you out here in the hall for a minute?" Ben asked, staring at the two of them pointedly.

 

He looked at Ben with a scowl, sensing another lecture was most likely on the horizon at three a.m. in the morning - finding it to be the last thing he either wanted or needed, yet knowing how Ben became like a dog with a bone. It was best to be handled now. He nodded, before turning to Justin to say, "Justin, why don't you jump in the shower and I'll get some fresh sheets for you."

 

"Yeah, it looks like I need one. Umm, will you be here when I get out?" Justin asked almost hesitantly, part of him not wanting to reveal how much he not only wanted Brian to be there - but needed him there as well.

 

Swallowing with difficulty, knowing it probably wasn't the wisest course of action, Brian agreed, "I'll be here, Justin. We can talk about your dream, if you like."

 

Justin laughed half-heartedly, before he watched Brian begin to depart the room. "Finally got you in bed practically naked. Not quite the way I had envisioned it."

 

"I'd imagine not," Brian smiled, curling his lips under as he couldn't resist his own brazen perusal of Justin sliding out of the bed, clad much as himself in clinging briefs. "Get your shower, Justin. I'll be here when you're finished."

 

Closing the door behind them, Brian looked at Ben impatiently. "Well, what is it, Ben?"

 

Ben stood in shocked amazement, shaking his head back and forth. "It's worse than I thought, Brian. I can't believe this."

 

"What are you going on about?" Brian coldly demanded.

 

"The unthinkable is happening. You're falling for him. Before you even think of denying it, remember this - I know you, Brian. I see every action and expression you display with him. You are becoming attached to him. Why can't you just admit it?" Ben virtually implored him.

 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Brian denied, as he brushed ahead of him to his own room, grabbing a pair of jeans from the closet, sinuously sliding into them, leaving the snap undone. Brian rolled his eyes, as he sensed Ben trailing right after him. Moving to the hallway closet, Brian retrieved a change of bedding for Justin's bed, preparing to oversee it himself.

 

"Look at what you're doing, Brian. You're changing his bed yourself. Brian Kinney doesn't do household chores. Look at how much Justin has changed your world. Admit it to yourself, if not to him..."

 

Brian looked at him incredulously. "In case it has escaped your notice, I don't have a live-in housemaid. I don't like the invasion of my privacy. Daytime service only. Who else is going to do it?"

 

"That's beside the point, Brian. You rushed to make him more comfortable. Don't get me wrong, Brian. I think it's great that you are so devoted to Justin, but you need to deal with it if you're going to effectively keep him safe. These attacks are getting worse. My gut tells me this wacko is quickly moving in for the kill," Ben stated fearfully.

 

"I agree with that. I think that was to serve as Justin's final warning. They can't continue to play games for much longer. The more they attack the larger the chance for mistakes. In fact, they made one tonight," Brian told Ben, as he carried the linens into Justin's room, quickly stripping the bed and beginning to lay down the fresh sheets.

 

"You received a preliminary report already?" Ben asked in disbelief.

 

"No. As you were settling Justin in your car, I discreetly looked about the rubble. There were remains of the bomb. It wasn't manufactured by an amateur. These were professional materials. Ones that only law enforcement or a higher branch of government would have access to. I don't have to tell you what that means, do I, Ben?" Brian asked, fixing Ben with a compelling stare.

 

Ben shook his head, running an unsteady hand through his hair. "No. I get it, Brian. Justin's would-be killer either is in law enforcement, or they have access to such an agency. That explains how they have been getting to him so effortlessly. Now, we need to find out who. Maybe we need to be looking at why and it will lead us to the who."

 

"A good point. I've also decided we are going to be staying here until this is resolved. I can't trust getting Justin's home secure enough. There are too many weak spots. Even in investigating his staff, I still can't be sure. They could be clean and still be part of this. Justin will undoubtedly fight me on this, but I'm doing what I think is best. I might need your help on this one," Brian told him, willingly admitting he needed him.

 

"I think it's a good idea, Brian. I'll do everything I can, but from what I've seen between the two of you and the fact that Gus is here as well, I don't think Justin will fight you much. I will just get in touch with Daphne tomorrow and make sure any engagements he has now are canceled."

 

Brian nodded. "That's excellent. I can keep him safe in this house. It's only when we go out things get more precarious. I believe if this killer can't gain access to him, he will move with much more aggression - then I will have him."

 

"I know if anyone can do it, you can. That being said, what about this thing between the two of you? It needs to be handled, and I think you know this, Brian. Now is not the time for distractions," Ben pressed, going back to his dog and bone mentality.

 

"I can handle it, Ben. In fact, I've made some decisions regarding that, one's that I plan to implement immediately," Brian answered, uncertain if he was doing the right thing - only knowing it was what he had to do.

 

"Do I want to hear this?" Ben asked worriedly.

 

Brian shrugged his shoulders. "Well, you've said yourself, my rules aren't working in this case. Maybe if I deal with it - head-on - I can gain a full perspective again."

 

"Or be even more distracted by him. In either event, it needs to be done. I just hope it works out."

 

Brian sighed deeply. "I hope it does too, Ben. Get some rest. Nothing is going to happen here tonight. Tomorrow we will go over what needs to be done next."

 

"Alright. Good night, Brian," Ben answered, obviously wanting to say more - but wisely deciding now was not the time to push Brian further.

 

Watching as Ben left the room, Brian continued in preparing the bed for Justin, smiling to himself when he realized he was no longer alone, and exactly who was behind him. He turned down the sheets for Justin to slide back in before turning to face the beautiful blond. Quirking a brow, Brian gestured to it grandly. "Your bed awaits you, songbird."

 

"Hmm, so I see. I never expected my bodyguard's services to be so extensive," Justin purred, obviously slipping back into form. "Such a shame you decided to get dressed. I was hoping for a better look."

 

"Perhaps another time," Brian smirked. "Now, get in that bed."

 

"Sit with me until I go to sleep. Please, Brian?" Justin softly asked him, as he slid under the sheets, for once no seduction evident in his voice - only a small hint of lingering fear.

 

Brian nodded. Sitting next to him on the bed, Brian asked him, "Do you want to talk about it?"

 

"It's a bit hazy now. It was the explosion. I was tied and thrown into the car, along with Gus. He was crying. I was enraged, terrified, desperate to free us; most importantly wanting to make my son safe. I could see you in the distance running toward the car, calling out to us. Then the explosion - and everything went black. I'm to assume I was dead, along with my son," Justin whispered, tears shimmering in his eyes.

 

Brian's eyes shuttered for a moment. He reached his hand up to wipe away the tears that were trickling down Justin's face. Gruffly he told him, "That didn't happen, Justin. You are safe, along with your son. I intend to keep you that way. There are some changes I am putting into action to achieve just that, but we can discuss them tomorrow. For now, you need sleep more than anything."

 

"I am very tired," Justin agreed, as his eyes flickered. "Brian. Thank you for this, for everything. I know I've made things so hard on you. I'm just so spoiled and accustomed to getting what I want - sooner rather than later. There's no question that I want you, badly, and I think you feel the same, but I'm not going to push you. I know it goes against your rules, and bottom line, I want you to be able to do your job."

 

"I've been thinking about those rules. Maybe the most effective way in making them work is to relax them at times. In doing so, I might be less distracted by your so-obvious charms," Brian smiled, as his eyes boldly caressed Justin, and what he knew was hidden beneath the sheet.

 

Justin's eyes widened, as a lustful smile spread across his all too expressive face. "Are you saying what I think you are, Mr. Bodyguard? Have you finally succumbed to my wiles?"

 

"I'm giving it some thought, little twat. We'll talk about it tomorrow. Let's say over dinner - just the two of us - here in my house. Safety first, right?" Brian teased, knowing he was all but throwing himself into the fire now, but willingly doing so.

 

Justin looked at him in consideration. "That sounds suspiciously like a date, Mr. Kinney. Something that I told you would happen, but you adamantly denied. Am I right, Brian? Is this a date?"

 

"It's not a date. We're having dinner in my home. Not leaving to do so makes it not a date, and well, of course, I don't do dates, so there you go," Brian replied, tongue-in-cheek. "So, are we going out for dinner?"

 

Laughing, Justin decided to play with him just a bit. "I love the semantics, really I do. Although, you are so full of it, and we both know it. Okay, I'll agree on one condition, Stud. Kiss me good night."

 

Brian thought about giving one of his most witty quips, but found the temptation of Justin's lips too much to resist. "My pleasure," Brian whispered in a throaty growl. Without delay, Brian slanted his lips over Justin's slightly parted ones, immediately using his tongue to tease the blonds even further apart. Brian hooked his hand behind Justin's neck, angling his mouth for the deepest penetration physically allowed. Plundering the depths of his mouth, over and over, Brian moaned his pleasure aloud, unable to fathom the ecstasy such a simple touch evoked within him. He knew without a doubt when he finally had this boy, he would go out of his mind with such unadulterated bliss, one that most likely would be the most pleasurable experience he had ever known.

 

Pulling free before he lost any form of self-control, Brian kissed him again softly and deeply, pausing to run his fingers down the side of Justin's bemused face, tracing his lips lightly with the pad of his thumb. He spoke in a husky voice, full of need, "Good night, Justin. We'll talk tomorrow."

 

Justin watched Brian leave the room, with a smile of anticipation spreading upon his face. Running his fingers over his slightly swollen lips that Brian had all but devoured, Justin's thoughts before falling into a peaceful and dreamless sleep were more than clear - Talk and so much more my beautiful bodyguard. Finally, so much more.

 

TBC