- Text Size +

 

Lindsay glared at Justin's pool boy, errand boy, piece of ass on the side - whatever the fuck he was - with nothing short of open hostility. "Ethan, would you mind repeating that again."

 

"I'm not any more pleased about it than you are. Agents are on the premises now, and we are not allowed to leave until each one of us has been questioned in length by Agent Farmer - who is due to arrive by this afternoon. This entire estate is on lockdown," Ethan answered, with a weary sigh.

 

Looking at Melanie in outrage, Lindsay exclaimed, "Mel? Can they do this - legally?"

 

"Unfortunately, yes. This is not only Justin's home, but he received threats here. They can do whatever they want. Our only choice is to cooperate," Melanie told her lover, hoping this time Lindsay would hold her temper in check. She had the feeling with this Agent Farmer, a violent outburst would go very badly for her - regardless of her innocence.

 

"And what about Gus? Doesn't Justin have to bring him home, now that I have filed a suit to challenge the custody decision?" Lindsay demanded, her face turning red in anger.

 

"Not until it goes before the courts. Don't forget that Justin has full custody of Gus. It is up to us to prove to the courts he is negligent and that you should be awarded custody. You signed off on it then, and you were unstable at the time - all a part of the court record - this is an uphill battle, Linds. One that is going to be very difficult to win."

 

Lindsay's eyes narrowed sharply on her partner. "Are you implying we can't win?"

 

"No. I am saying it's not going to be easy. Justin has been very discreet in keeping the aspects of his private life away from Gus' eyes. The best advantage we have is this danger Justin is in now. If we can prove that Gus would be safer away from him and living with you instead - we just might have a chance. Slim, but a chance. For now, Linds, your best course of action is to maintain a calm front with this agent. If you fail in that, it's over before it's begun," Melanie warned, hoping she heeded her advice.

 

Ethan looked down his nose at them, sneering in disgust, "I'd suggest you find a new place to live. When Justin returns, you'll be out on your ass."

 

Melanie gave him a withering glance. "Who are you to say anything? You are just the hired help. You are nothing to him, especially since Brian Kinney arrived."

 

"As soon as everyone is safe again, the bodyguard will be gone. Then, everything will go back to how it was before." Hearing the door chiming, Ethan moved to answer it, pausing briefly to say, "However, not for the two of you. The both of you have betrayed Justin, where I have remained loyal. He will come back to me, and the two of you will be gone."

 

Lindsay opened her mouth to snap at him, when Melanie gave her a scolding look. Melanie pursed her lips, looking at her critically. "Don't feed into his goading. He means next to nothing to Justin, as I think he's about to find out. Just do as I told you, Linds. Keep a cool, clear head. If you don't - you will lose Gus, and perhaps so much more."

 

"I heard you, Mel. Don't worry. I will be sweet and cooperative - for now," she hissed. "I'm telling you now, nothing will stop me from getting my son back. Not these agents, not Justin, and most certainly not his fucking bodyguard. I do not care what I have to do. I will have Gus back!"

 


 

Brian sat across from Frank at the airline coffee shop, listening to his friend and mentor intently; yet to his irritation, continuing to find himself distracted by Justin's presence at the next table. This was ridiculous, he told himself. Justin and Gus were safe, and yet he kept watching them as if disaster was about to strike. He knew the opposite to be true. Brian looked back at Frank, once again shuddering at the smug look across his face; knowing the harassment was soon to begin. "What?" he asked, trying to sound aloof and completely nonchalant - knowing he was failing miserably as he knew how well Frank Farmer knew him.

 

"Who are you trying to fool?" Frank asked with a laugh, taking a sip of the sludge that the coffee shop was passing off as coffee. He grimaced, as he remarked, "This is a reminder of why I don't like to fly commercial."

 

Brian snorted derisively. "Not all of us are flown courtesy of Air Force One."

 

"You could be if you wanted," Frank reminded.

 

Brian shrugged his shoulders. "Gave up that life a long time ago. Never looked back. I thought you would have by now, too."

 

Frank smiled briefly. "I tried it for a while, but you know me, this is the right fit for me."

 

"That it is, friend. So, what's your recommendation from here on out?" Brian asked, pausing briefly to glance at Justin, Gus, and Debbie enjoying a quick breakfast.

 

"I want you to continue with your plan to take them away. I will handle the wrap-up of the Stockwell investigation. His accomplice has already given him up. I'll have him telling me his life all the way back to nursery school before I'm done," Frank answered with a confident laugh.

 

Brian nodded. "I don't doubt it. I've sat in on a few of your interrogations. I wouldn't want to be in that hot seat."

 

Frank reached into his briefcase, extracting tickets and passports. He handed them to a confused Brian, as he explained, "I don't want to take any chances, Brian. There could be more players than we're aware of. Justin Taylor isn't small potatoes. We have to be cautious."

 

"I agree completely. He is entirely too valuable to the world..." Brian said, as his eyes touched the blond again, smiling when Justin's head looked up to scorch him with his heated gaze.

 

Frank chuckled lightly. "Right. Not only to the world. As well as I know you, I never thought I'd live to see the day."

 

"You haven't seen shit, hotshot," Brian grumbled, refusing to verbalize what they both knew to be true. The unthinkable had happened. Brian Kinney had broken the cardinal sin in their business - he had become emotionally attached to his client. In a normal situation, he should walk away from this case, but this was far from ordinary. Justin and his young son needed him. It had already been proven that Justin's most trusted employee had been a traitor - now further investigation needed to be undergone to determine how deep the infiltration had compromised his inner circle.

 

Looking at the tickets, Brian arched a brow in surprise. "Tahiti? I would have thought you'd have sent me to Alaska."

 

"Thought about it, but I considered the well-being of the child," Frank laughed. "Okay. Here's the plan. I want you to take them away and have the time of your life. Look at it as a vacation. Of course, try to stay as low-key as you can. I know with Justin being a celebrity it won't be easy, but they shouldn't be looking for him there. I've booked you there for a week, but if you want to stay longer that's fine. Either way, the loose ends should be tied up by then."

 

"I think we've got the players, except, I worry about the mother - Stockwell's daughter. I think she bears us looking at closely. I've got nothing to go on, but I just have a funny feeling there," Brian told him grimly.

 

Frank nodded in agreement. "I don't like it either. That is the main loose end, following us obtaining a full confession from Jim Stockwell. Before Justin and his child comes home, I want to be certain about her guilt, or lack thereof. Don't worry, Brian. I will get to the bottom of it. Now, I think you'd better gather your group up. Your flight should be boarding soon."

 

Brian swallowed deeply, feeling an uncharacteristic lump in his throat, knowing it related to his deep gratitude for all Frank was doing. "I - ahh, can't thank you enough for this, Frank. This was really a matter for the locals, and you've gone over and beyond. If there's anything you ever need, you know you don't need to hesitate to ask."

 

"I know that, Brian. The truth of the matter is - you've had my back a good many times. I think this is a fair trade. I'll be in touch when I know something more. In the meantime, be careful - not just for your sake, but for all of them," Frank firmly told him.

 

Standing up, Brian shook Frank's hand clasping a hand tightly around his arm. "I will protect them with my life. A great man once taught me that was the mark of a true bodyguard. I don't intend to let that man down."

 

"You're a good man, Brian Kinney. Don't let anyone ever tell you differently. We'll talk soon."

 

Brian watched as Frank moved out of sight, before taking his place at the table closest to him. "Well, little songbird, are you ready for the next leg of your adventure?"

 

Debbie grunted in affronted displeasure. "You know, I didn't sign on for all of this running around."

 

"Quit your whining, Debbie. You're getting a vacation to Tahiti out of it..." Brian answered, laughing at her shocked gasp.

 

"Well, I suppose that's okay," Debbie grudgingly admitted. Looking at him impatiently, she asked, "Well, what are we waiting for?"

 

Brian rolled his eyes, charmed by her whether he chose to admit it or not. He hunched down to Gus' level. "What do you say, Gus? Are you up for an airplane ride and a vacation in Tahiti?"

 

"Yay!" Gus exclaimed, bouncing up and down in his seat. He looked to his dad with wide and excited eyes. "Can we, Daddy? Please, can we?"

 

Justin laughed, shaking his head looking from his son's animated expression to Brian's expectant one. "Sure, Gus. I don't see why not. A vacation in Tahiti sounds wonderful."

 

"Is it warm there, Mr. Kinney? Daddy takes me swimming all the time, but I'd love to go to the beach," Gus continued on, all but leaping out of his seat now.

 

Brian ruffled his hair, before answering, "There are beaches for miles, Gus. Now, how about we head on out of here and see to them?"

 

Debbie wiped Gus' face, as she smiled up at Brian thankfully, in complete amazement at this Brian that stood before them. She smiled as she looked at Justin, knowing the answer to his behavior sat right there. She hadn't been guessing when she told him earlier she was onto him, but now she knew without one moment of doubt - Brian loved Justin, as he loved Justin's son. She wasn't sure how it would all work out in the end for all of them, but she hoped it would in a way that enabled them to all be together. Anything short of that would be the biggest crime of all.

 

They began moving toward the boarding gate when Justin grabbed Brian's arm. He slowed long enough to look down on the beautiful blond, with his brow raised. "Something on your mind, little songbird?"

 

"Thank you, Brian," Justin answered, almost blushing.

 

"Just doing my job, Sunshine..." Brian replied tongue-in-cheek, both of them knowing this was anything but that.

 

Justin shook his head in admonishment. "I think we both know that's not what's happening here, Mr. Bodyguard, but I'll leave it - for now. I expect to get to know you much better in sunny Tahiti."

 

Brian leaned down to whisper into Justin's ear, "Count on it, little twat. I'll find a stretch of sand isolated enough to fuck your hot little ass."

 

Justin groaned, wishing he could go down on Brian here and now, but knowing in such a rush, and in front of his young son's eyes, he was forced to practice discretion. He turned his lips to Brian's ear, licking at it suggestively, before he purred, "When we're alone, Brian, I'm going to lick and suck every inch of you. Then, if you're lucky, I'll let you fuck me."

 

"Let's go," Brian growled, all but dragging Justin to catch up with Debbie and Gus, knowing this was going to be the longest flight of his life, while realizing the rewards were going to be well worth any sacrifice.

 

TBC