- Text Size +

 

Frank's eyes analytically probed the ones of the crazed stalker, quickly trying to decipher the truth behind Ethan's threats. He had always lived on his instincts. To date, they hadn't let him down - yet. Looking at the pissed and frightened blond that he held in his arms, Frank knew he had to be certain before making an aggressive move. His eyes briefly moved toward Brian, quickly seeing the fear and depth of emotion within his normally impassive gaze. Brian had no idea what he was presently revealing in his eyes. His brash and aloof friend had done the impossible. He was head over heels in love with Justin Taylor. Whether Brian admitted it or not, the truth was there for all to see. Frank knew this needed to be resolved quickly. Ethan Gold would not react favorably to Brian's tender feelings for the object of his desire.

 

"Give it up, Ian," Brian sneered. "You are not going to hurt anyone. You are a weak, spineless fool."

 

"Shut up!" Ethan hissed, his eyes darting around frantically. "You don't know shit! I swear I will kill him. If he doesn't love me, nothing matters." With cold daggers of hate shooting from his eyes, Ethan snarled at Brian, "I will kill him before I allow you to have him."

 

Brian's eyes sharpened on Justin's, trying to tell him he had this under control, his firm stance and unflinching gaze warning Justin not to do anything foolish. Seeing the rebellious and calculating look in his Songbird's eyes, he feared the boy was about to endanger himself even further. His eyes sliced to Ethan's face that had become more focused on Brian and away from Frank who was slowly edging closer; he determined that goading Ethan was the most promising form of action. Lips twisting in a self-satisfied smirk, Brian taunted, "It appears you are too late for that. Surely it hasn't escaped your notice that I've already had him, over and over."

 

Frank inwardly groaned, knowing this game Brian was playing very well. These sort of mind games, with one as obsessed as Ethan, resulted in one of two ways - it either created an opening that could be exploited, or it completely compromised the rescue. He hoped it wouldn't be the latter. Ethan Gold was a loose cannon. One that he knew wanted to take Brian out almost as badly as he wanted Justin. As he took small steps closer, he feared this couldn't be resolved without any bloodshed as the end result. Frank only hoped the damage would be minimal.

 

"I will kill you now," Ethan whispered in an angry gasp, his hand starting to shake from the rage that began to overtake him at Brian's declaration. "You mean nothing to him. He could never love someone like you..."

 

Justin's eyes met Frank's, giving him a slight smile, telling the federal agent he was about to make a move - one that neither of them could stop. He refused to allow this to go on for a moment longer. Justin had been prepared to follow their lead and ride this out when he was the sole object of Ethan's deranged obsession, but now that he feared for Brian - it ended now. In his most sultry voice, one that never failed to gain him the response he desired, Justin purred, "Ethan, don't do this. He isn't worth it. Obviously, he is trying to provoke you. Release me, and I will leave with you."

 

Brian's eyes narrowed in anger, knowing Justin's words were false, yet determined that Justin wouldn't go with this crazed worm - anywhere. "Don't do this, Justin."

 

Justin's eyes met Brian's briefly, the pleading look he read in his bodyguard's eyes enough to make him melt, yet knowing he was the one that had to make this end. "I'm sorry, Brian. This is how it has to be. You were fun, and a challenge, but it's time for me to go back to what's real."

 

Ethan's head whipped around to look at Justin searchingly. His eyes moved back and forth, absorbing every beautiful inch of Justin's face. "No. I'm not falling for this, Justin. You don't mean it. You are just trying to trick me."

 

"Release me and put it to the test. Come away with me now and I'll prove it to you, my love," Justin whispered huskily, feeling as if bile were rising in his throat at the disgusting words he was uttering.

 

Frank gave a cautionary look at Brian, urging his friend not to blow this. Whether Brian liked it or not, Justin was on the right track. He just needed a moment where Ethan's guard was truly down. Then, they would have him. Justin was abasing himself and his true feelings to help them achieve that. Frank decided to push this along, giving Ethan further hope in which to hang himself. "You know, Brian, if there is no kidnapping, which it appears there is not since Justin is so willing, this is really not a federal crime. The incident with Ms. Chanders would be a matter for the local authorities in Pennsylvania."

 

Brian stared his mentor down in disbelief, pretending to be in horror at Frank's actions, knowing exactly what was going on, whether he approved of Justin's methods or not. "Frank, what the fuck? What about the stalking, the letters? You saying that means nothing?"

 

"No," he answered, knowing that Ethan's gaze was fiercely upon them. "I'm saying maybe these two should talk before any further decisions are made."

 

"I don't fucking believe this..." Brian hissed between clenched teeth, forcing himself to bite back a smile when he viewed the smug look on Ethan's face, knowing the insipid fool was falling for this ridiculous load of crap being leveled at his moronic head.

 

Justin smiled knowing it was working, and that soon he would be back in the arms of the man he truly loved, his bodyguard. "Come on, Ethan. You know me better than anyone. I like to play. A challenge tempts me more than anything, but think about it. Haven't I always kept you in my life, close by my side?"

 

Ethan swallowed, trying to keep himself alert, yet the sultry voice of Justin weakened him, making him hope for things he had begun to accept to be out of his reach. "If only I could be sure."

 

"What do I have to do to prove it to you, my darling?" Justin asked in a husky voice, his hand reaching back to touch his captor, fingers softly sliding up and down his leg, inwardly cringing at the intimacy and the cock hardening near his ass.

 

"That's very simple, Justin. I want us to walk away from here together - just the two of us. Then, I want to fuck you - something you have never allowed me to do," Ethan rasped, running his tongue along Justin's neck, lust overwhelming his common sense. He looked to Brian, completely oblivious to Frank all but upon him, his eyes challenging Brian to respond.

 

In the next moment, Brian's heart lurched as he heard words that he had never expected or wanted to hear from Justin. In realizing this, he now knew just how much the blond meant to him.

 

"Let's do it, then. I want you to fuck me, Ethan. Remind me of what it's like to be with someone who loves me, who I love in return," Justin whispered longingly.

 

Ethan groaned, lost in his dreams of possessing Justin and finally having all that he'd ever desired, he relaxed his hold on Justin, unwittingly giving his cunning victim the edge he sought. In the next moment, Ethan felt Justin's elbow viciously slamming into his ribs, causing his breath to shorten and his eyes to bulge out of his head. He reached out his gun to shoot at Brian first, only to find the gun kicked out of his hand by Frank who had quickly descended upon him. Falling to the ground, clutching at his ribs with one hand, he looked up at Justin accusingly and hatefully. "I can't believe you betrayed me, Justin."

 

Justin bent down, to mockingly whisper, "You disgust me, Ethan. I abhor the fact that I ever touched you. It's an image that I want to forget more than anything."

 

Brian watched as Frank rolled Ethan onto his stomach, hunching down to check for any hidden weapons. His eyes flicking over Ethan in contempt, Brian commanded, "Step away from him, Justin, and come here."

 

"Gladly," Justin sneered, standing to his full height, only to be immediately thrown to the ground as Brian launched his body forward, shooting with precision to puncture Ethan's shoulder when his bodyguard had spied the hand that had been reaching beneath him.

 

Ethan screamed in pain as the blood began to spurt, his pain doubling as Frank yanked his arms behind his back to cuff him. He began to sputter in rage, "You can't do this! I'm injured. I need medical attention."

 

"Don't worry, Mr. Gold. You will have medical attention, and then, you will be extradited back to the States." Frank flipped open his phone, to clip out his commands. "The suspect has been apprehended. I need an ambulance, as well as this beach continuing to be isolated."

 

Brian looked down at Justin as Frank gave the specific instructions to his agents, along with reading Ethan his rights. He stroked the side of his face, eyes probing deeply. "Are you okay, Sunshine? I didn't mean to throw you down so roughly, but he had a knife."

 

Justin smiled up at Brian, dazed and not the least bit confused. "Who are you kidding, Mr. Kinney? You'd jump at any excuse to throw my ass down. Umm, and did I actually hear you call me, Sunshine?"

 

Brian glanced at Ethan watching him with hate-filled eyes, writhing in pain on the beach as an ambulance could be heard in the distance. His mouth moved to close over the blond's, effectively silencing him. He reacquainted himself with the taste and feel of Justin's luscious lips, before he purred, "Wait until I get you alone, twat. That was quite a risk you took today, and I will be more than happy to take it out on your blond boy ass." Helping him to his feet, Brian watched as Justin dusted the sand off him, before he told him, "As for Sunshine, a slip of the tongue. I wouldn't get used to that - if I were you."

 

"Hmph. Slip of the tongue?" Justin brushed his body enticingly against Brian, before he whispered, "I do hope to experience many more such slips."

 

"I can practically guarantee it..." Brian rasped, his eyes sweeping over Justin hungrily.

 

Brian nodded to Frank, who was concentrating on his prisoner and the arrival of the rest of his team. "I'll take Justin back to the bungalow, if you don't need us any further. I'm sure a little boy will be more than relieved to learn his father is safe from harm."

 

"Indeed he will," Frank agreed, watching as a bloody Ethan Gold was placed on the stretcher. "I'll call you from the hospital, Brian. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your stay in Tahiti."

 

Justin smiled brightly, causing Brian's heart to lurch for the second time on the beach - this time in a completely different manner. "I will make sure he does. Thank you again, Frank."

 

"You're more than welcome, Justin. Both of you," Frank answered, smiling at them warmly. Looking toward Justin, he said, "Don't let his act fool you, Justin. He's a good guy. In fact, he's the best. Never lose sight of that."

 

Brian grunted, as he rolled his eyes, refusing to dignify the accolade with a comment.

 

Justin reached down to clasp Brian's hand tightly within his own. "Yes, I know he is. In fact, I've known it from the start." As Brian led Justin away and back toward the bungalow, he was relieved the nightmare was now over, but a bit saddened by what would happen when they left the island. He knew he had fallen irrevocably in love with his beautiful bodyguard, and if his instincts served him right, he thought Brian felt the same. His next mission was very simple - making Brian not only accept it, but embrace it as well. Justin knew he was spoiled and used to getting what he wanted, but this was the most important task he had endeavored in his life. He vowed that he would succeed in his goal.

 

His life was no longer on the line, but he knew his heart still was at risk. Now, all he had to do was convince his stubborn bodyguard that he needed him just as much as Justin needed him.

 

TBC

 

Chapter End Notes:

A/N: Only two more chapters remaining. Thanks for reading! :)