- Text Size +

 

Six Weeks Later...

 

"Justin?" Daphne called out from a distance, knowing by the sounds that Justin was in his music room, pounding away at the piano, the place he could always be found when he was deep in thought, or in this case - troubled. She sighed as she walked into the room, watching as Justin poured his heart and soul into the keyboard. Knowing her friend as she did - his heart was being given elsewhere. Shaking her head, she continued to be amazed at how deeply Justin had lost his heart. Stepping closer, she leaned over the piano waiting for him to look up, so lost in his music and himself he still had not become aware of her. Deciding to speed up the process, she deliberately cleared her throat, smiling down at him brightly when he finally looked up.

 

"Hey, Daph. I didn't hear you come in." Justin said, stilling the movements of his fingers across the ivory. "Is something wrong?"

 

"No, I just wanted to tell you - at no surprise to me - that your newest single Loving the Night looks to be on its way to number one. I don't know how you wrote and released it so quickly after all you've been through, but it's soaring up the charts," Daphne told him in excitement.

 

Justin's face became shadowed as he thought of the inspiration behind that song. Shrugging he answered, "I guess I was truly inspired."

 

"Uh-huh. Love will do that." Looking at him knowingly, she asked, "Justin? Why don't you call him?"

 

"I don't want to talk about it, Daph. Anything, but that. I- I just can't," Justin answered almost brokenly.

 

"Awww, Justin. I can't stand to see you this way. What if he's feeling the same, and just too stubborn to make that first move?" she asked, staring him down fiercely, refusing to back down when her best friend was so broken-hearted.

 

Justin shrugged. "I guess we're both destined to be unhappy, then." Frowning at her look of reproof, Justin continued, "Listen, I don't know what to do. I was more than clear that I wanted him to stay, but he wouldn't do that. He doesn't do permanent positions, nor does he do relationships. If I was to receive any sort of encouragement, I'd be there in a minute. I don't think I have to tell you that..."

 

"No, you don't. It's more than apparent you are in love with him. Maybe he just needs a reminder. Just something to think about, that's all I'm saying..." Daphne told him, an idea already well in place.

 

Looking at her in suspicion, Justin told her, "Stay out of this, Daphne. I know when you're up to something. It needs to stop now."

 

"I'm not up to anything, Justin. I simply know you better than anyone. You love him, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he doesn't feel the same way too. Go see him, Justin. You will never be able to move on from him until you do," Daphne implored, knowing Justin's true happiness resided in the form of Brian Kinney.

 

Justin shook his head in amusement at the tenacity of his manager and undoubtedly his closest friend. His eyes flickered to the door as he noticed Melanie stepping into the room. Greeting her with a warm smile, Justin looked back toward Daphne. "I'll give it some thought, Daph. Now, I'm going to speak with Melanie for a few minutes, and then, I am going to spend the rest of the evening with my son."

 

"Okay, Justin." She kissed him lightly on the cheek, hugging him tightly for a moment. "If you need me, even if it's only to talk, please call me."

 

"I will. Thank you, Daphne."

 

Justin watched as Melanie moved closer, an envelope in her hands, knowing intuitively what she held. His eyes brightened for the first time in weeks. "Is that what I think it is, Mel?"

 

"It is," she said with a grin. "I have before you, Mr. Taylor, a signed legal document from the judge banning Lindsay from ever approaching you, or Gus again. In addition to your rights of sole custody, she is excluded from any form of visitation - now, or after she is released from prison, which isn't for three years, at the very least. The judge accepted my motion that she is unstable in her plot against you with Ethan. There is a restraining order placed on her - indefinitely - all with the well-being of the minor child in mind. It's finally over, Justin. Your rights over Gus will never be challenged again."

 

His eyes shuttered for a long moment, before tears slid down his face. Standing, Justin approached her, reaching out to embrace her in a long, tight hug. He pulled back to look at her closely, a mixture of elation and concern on his face. "I can't ever begin to thank you for this, Melanie. This couldn't have been easy for you. Despite what she did, I know you loved her."

 

"You're right, Justin. I did love her. A lot. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of what could have been, but her insane actions decided that ending for her." Looking at Justin intently, she told him, "You have nothing to thank me for - now or ever. I was a blind, besotted fool that was nearly sucked completely into her web of destruction. That you could forgive me and even trust me again, means more to me than I can ever repay."

 

"She fooled us both, Mel. I don't blame you for following your heart. There comes a time when we all must do that," he answered with a long sigh.

 

Melanie's smile widened. "Does that mean what I think it does, Justin? Are you finally going to quit moping around here and do something about your own happiness?"

 

Justin shrugged, averting his eyes from Melanie's knowing stare. "I have Gus, and I have more money than I can ever spend. What more could I possibly need?"

 

"The man that you love - unconditionally and irrevocably. Go after him, Justin." She placed her hand on his cheek, turning him to face her. Kissing him softly on the cheek, she whispered to him, "Don't turn your back on love, Justin."

 

Smiling brightly, feeling the tears sliding down his face anew, he hugged her tightly again. "Thank you, Melanie. You're right. Love is worth fighting for, the only thing that really matters."

 

"So, should I tell your security men they are going for a drive?" she asked, tongue-in-cheek.

 

"Yes, Ms. Know-it-all Marcus. First I will advise Debbie I'll be gone for a few days," Justin said, walking toward the door.

 

Melanie chuckled from behind him. "Oh no need, Justin. Daphne and I conferred earlier, and we took care of that. Debbie took Gus to the zoo. They are going to the movies afterward. Your security team is just loving Debbie. They finally get to leave the house."

 

Justin laughed. "Got it all figured out. I knew Daphne was up to something. A poker face is not one of her more prominent qualities, and yes, the security men seem to love having Debbie around. Talking her into a permanent position was the best thing I ever did, and Gus adores her."

 

"He does." She smiled as Justin moved to exit the room, thinking almost everything was as it should be now. "I'll see you when you return, Justin. I hope it all works out."

 

"I hope so, too. I'm not giving up until Brian comes back with me. I love that man, and I know he loves me. If I have to play his game in order to win, I can do that," Justin said in determination. "I will do just that."

 

Melanie nodded as she watched Justin's retreat. "I know you will, Justin."

 


 

Brian leaned against the bar at Babylon, the crowd in full swing. He took a long swallow of the bottled beer, as his eyes took in Michael and Ben walking toward him - hand in hand. Rolling his eyes, he totally ignored ‘traitor' Ben and fastened his gaze firmly on Michael. "Slumming again, Mikey? I could fix you up with something infinitely more trustworthy."

 

"Shut the fuck up, Brian!" Michael snapped. "Ben is sorry for what he did, and they did let him go. So, what does that tell you?"

 

"It tells me they were desperate to secure the big fish, and not the little guppy that's become your new fuck buddy," Brian sneered in disgust as he looked at Ben.

 

Ben shook his head in anger as he stared at Brian head-on. "I get that you'll never forgive me, Brian - that I've forever lost your trust and friendship, but you don't need to take it out on Michael. He hasn't done anything."

 

"Nothing except showing poor judgment. So, tell me, Ben, how does it feel to walk away free from the betrayal you perpetrated?" Brian asked, slamming back the beer, devouring it in one continuous swallow.

 

"I feel like shit, Brian. Does that make you happy?" Ben answered, remorse more than evident in his voice. "What I did to Justin was inexcusable. I can never have his forgiveness, but I would have never hurt him - not really. I was maneuvered by Stockwell in ways you'll never understand. I didn't have a choice, Brian."

 

Brian coldly stared him down. "Right. Trying to steal Justin's child from him wasn't hurting him. No, not at all."

 

Michael dropped the hand of his lover, moving closer to Brian, uncharacteristically getting directly in his face. "Listen here, Brian. I understand what Ben did was wrong. He knows it and he is living with the nightmare of it every day. Trust me, I know. I have seen it. You don't know the nightmares that have been tormenting him - when he can get to sleep, but it's over now. It's time for all of us to let it go and move on."

 

"Move on," Brian commented with a slight nod. His eyes scanned the room, looking for what would be tonight's entertainment. He nodded toward the bartender, signaling he wanted another beer before he sought out his prey, eyes narrowing on the gyrating bodies as he viewed a couple of possible candidates. "No worries, Michael. I plan to do just that."

 

Michael snorted indelicately. "That's not what you're doing, Brian, and we both know it. You are in denial, and doing what you think you have to do - and making yourself miserable in the process."

 

"Denial? Miserable?" Brian asked, looking at his best friend incredulously. "Apparently, you have been hanging with the undesirables for so long that you forget who you're speaking to."

 

"No, I haven't forgotten," Michael answered sadly. "You know, I thought you had finally reached out to grasp something real, but it appears you are too stuck in this rut of your ridiculous rules. When Mom came back and told me she was taking the job full time with Justin and moving, I was skeptical after I'd met him with you the first time, but now I have spent time with him - on several occasions. He is an incredible young man, and his son - well, he is amazing." Eyes flickering over him, Michael said, "All I can say is this, Brian - on all counts - you are a fool. One day I think you'll see that, but by then, it might be too late."

 

Brian looked away, for once unable to spit out the cutting comment he would normally issue in such a moment. He gritted his teeth, knowing Michael knew him better than anyone. Every word he had spoken was founded in truth, and yet he wasn't going to change it. He had known about Debbie moving to take the position with Justin. That had pleased him immensely. He knew that little Gus would be well taken care of now, as he knew Debbie would look after Justin as well. Fuck, how he missed them, but no, he thought, as he closed his eyes completely from view - that is not how things worked out in his world.

 

Whatever he shared with Justin was over now. It was the only way he knew, and it was how it had to be. Taking a large swallow of the beer just deposited in his hand, Brian's eyes flitted over Ben and Michael, giving them his most indifferent stare. He looked out into the crowd, his eyes becoming heavy-lidded as he viewed a blond walking toward the bar, eyes fastened on him. He took another drink, slamming it down before setting it on the bar. Looking toward Michael in dismissal, Brian arched a brow, before he countered, "As usual, you don't know shit, Michael. I don't fit in with your fucked up Stepfordville ideas - never have - never will. Now, I think it's time to go back to what I do best."

 

Michael opened his mouth, to issue a retort when Ben pulled him away to whisper in his ear. He looked over his shoulder up toward the stage seeing precisely what Ben had just told him. He smirked, but didn't reveal the secret. "Yeah, you do that, Brian."

 

Brian narrowed his eyes on Michael in suspicion knowing something was way off in his sudden attitude reversal, yet uncaring at the moment. Now, he needed to relieve his aching dick in the blond that had taken a place beside him at the bar. An ache that had grown in proportions - if he were to be honest - the moment Michael had mentioned the name Justin Taylor. Brian gave a sidelong glance at the young blond that was openly ogling him, his own eyes moving down to assess his attributes. He wasn't Justin, he thought to himself, but then again - no one would ever be in the same category as his incomparable Songbird. Fuck. He had to let this go. Undoubtedly, he had to let Justin go. Now and forever.

 

The blond smiled at him invitingly, asking him if he wanted to dance. His disappointment was very short-lived at Brian's refusal, when Brian issued another invitation instead.

 

"I'm on my way to the backroom. You can join me - if you like. I can guarantee it will be a visit you'll never forget," Brian purred into the blond's ear.

 

Michael rolled his eyes, watching as Brian made his move and was immediately taken up on the offer. He hissed at Ben, "Apparently, he's going to miss it!"

 

"Look again," Ben whispered into Michael's ear. "Sheba is about to make an announcement, and I clearly recognize Justin's security. He's here, and my guess is he is about to give us a performance."

 

"Well, she'd better hurry..." Michael grumbled, as he watched Brian hitch his fingers into the blond's waistband tugging him toward the backroom.

 

The music suddenly stopped. Without delay, Sheba stepped to the front of the stage, shouting out in excitement. "Gentlemen, attention, please. We have a rare and unexpected honor visiting us here tonight at Babylon. Please extend a warm welcome to singer and hottie extraordinaire - Justin Taylor."

 

Brian's eyes widened, and his steps faltered as he heard the words he had never expected to hear. Fuck, it can't be, he thought. He can't be here. His steps stilling completely, Brian released the blond trick, his eyes helplessly drawn to the stage. He walked back toward the bar, completely oblivious to Ben and Michael watching his every reaction in amusement. His eyes darkened and became heavy as he watched Justin - his Justin take the Babylon stage. He swallowed as Justin lifted the microphone to his lips. Brian nearly moaned as he heard him speak for the first time in so long, ignoring the chuckle he now heard from Michael behind him.

 

"Good evening, boys..." Justin said to the crowd with a bodacious wink, one that generated catcalls from all the men that openly ogled him and fixated on his every word. "I'm here tonight in search of my heart's desire. I know he's here, and I was hoping he might appreciate this song that I not only wrote for him, but hope to sing to him now."

 

Sheba stepped closer, clapping her hands enthusiastically. "How wonderful, darling. Who is the lucky man?"

 

Justin flushed slightly, his eyes searching around the crowd, at last landing on Brian leaning against the bar, their eyes instantly connecting - fire quickly burning in each of them identically. He looked briefly at Sheba, laughing in delight, and a renewed hope seeing the lust, and more importantly - the feeling in Brian's eyes. "He knows who he is, that's all that matters." Justin nodded to one of his security men, who handed a CD to Sheba. "Usually, I perform with a band, but this will work just as well."

 

Nodding in excitement, Sheba passed the CD along. "Of course. Good luck in your quest, darling."

 

"Thank you." Justin smiled at the crowd briefly, before he returned his eyes to Brian, intent on singing every strand of his song to the beautiful brunet that completely owned his heart. "I wrote and released this song not long ago, and I'd like to share it with all of you. Most particularly, I want to share it with the man I love. The one that I hope will embrace that love, and come home to me."

 

Brian pushed away from the bar, moving closer, unable to stop himself as his beautiful Songbird began to sing. He had heard this song on the radio numerous times in the past few weeks, his heart swelling with pride at all that Justin had overcome in such a short span of time. He listened to the words that he had never imagined had been written for him, now hearing them in an entirely new light. The chorus was haunting and beautiful - piercing into his soul, one that he had long thought to be eradicated. All to find with Justin - nothing was what he had perceived things to be. Loving the night, loving the night. Over and over, the words pounded into him.

 

As Brian listened and watched as Justin poured his heart into the song, Brian really listened. Everything became so clear. Loving the night was about their stolen moments together, ones that had defined the closeness they had shared - when it had just been the two of them. Brian remembered that last night together, and how he had departed. He had done it to spare Justin an agonizing goodbye, a night that had haunted him ever since. He blocked out everything around him, falling completely under the sultry sound of the singer that was beckoning his lover to him. Brian watched as Justin became totally immersed in the song, his hand reaching out - symbolic of extending his hand to his lost lover.

 

Justin's eyes glowed, love and fire blazing deeply from within as he sang directly to the man he loved, and only to him. When the last strands of the song were sung, Justin smiled and whispered his thanks to the crowd that enthusiastically cheered and begged for more. He held up a hand signaling he was finished, bowing toward the crowd, thanking them anew. "Thank you, I appreciate that. Now, I will turn you back to Sheba, and return you to the thumpa thumpa beat of Babylon..."

 

Brian curled his lips under as he watched Justin step down from the stage, moving toward him with his security men in tow. When he was almost upon him, Justin stilled his steps to whisper to them. Brian watched as they lifted their eyes to him, nodding in acknowledgment, knowing they were assured Justin would be in safe hands. Arching his brows as Justin moved closer, Brian told him, "Quite a performance, little Songbird."

 

"Yes, well, I was inspired," Justin whispered, looking up at Brian, love shooting from his eyes in waves. He smiled at Michael in greeting, nodded toward Ben, still not completely comfortable with Ben, but feeling better about him in recent days. "How are you, Brian?"

 

"I'm perfect, Justin. You should know that..." Brian replied, tongue-in-cheek.

 

Justin rolled his eyes, before nodding in agreement. "That you are, Mr. Bodyguard, perhaps that's why I fell in love with you."

 

"Justin..." Brian began uncertainly.

 

"It's true, though. I can't deny how I feel, no matter whether you return the feeling or not. I love you, Brian. I've been lost without you." Justin looked at Brian with determination. "I think you feel the same, too. Admit it, Brian. You love me, don't you?"

 

Brian swallowed deeply, his eyes boring deeply into Justin's, intuitively knowing Justin meant the words he spoke, realizing just as clearly - he more than returned the sentiment. His head jerked around to where Michael was watching him intently, an amused smile still curving his lips. He grasped Justin's arm, pulling him away from the bar. "Let's discuss this privately, okay?"

 

Justin nodded. He turned to look at his guards, telling them in an uncompromising tone, "Wait here for me. I'll be safe with Brian."

 

Looking down at Justin with heat swelling within him, Brian clipped out, "As safe as you want to be, little boy."

 

"That indeed does qualify it," Justin responded, linking his arm through Brian's, allowing himself to be pulled away. "So, I assume you are taking me to the backroom."

 

Brian increased his pace, knowing that was exactly where he was taking him, and knowing without a doubt, that talk wasn't the foremost matter on his mind. "Right. You were back here on your first visit to Babylon." Pulling him deep into the backroom, pressing him up against an empty wall, ignoring all the stares they each received, Brian growled against his lips, "Your first trip doesn't count, however, this one I expect to carry a lasting impression..."

 

Justin slid his hands up Brian's chest, reveling in the toned feel of him, his breath coming out in gusty pants. "That's always the case with you, Brian." Their eyes hungrily devoured each other, breath ghosting upon each other's lips, when Justin whispered, "Fuck, Brian. Kiss me. I've missed the taste of you, the unbelievable feel of you."

 

Eyes flaring in full-blown lust, need, and whether he wanted to admit it or not - love, Brian slid his fingers deeply into the blond strands that had haunted him the past weeks, before he pressed his forehead against Justin's, deeply inhaling the scent that was uniquely attributed to the blond. Breathing deeply - in and out - Brian pulled back to look deeply into the eyes that had unequivocally become the windows to his soul. His eyes burning on Justin's lips, he shook his head back and forth knowing he could no longer deny this intense pull that only this blond tempestuous beauty could evoke within him.

 

In slow motion, wanting to savor every moment, Brian slowly lowered his lips to Justin's, his lips moving over the blond boys in a gentle, evocative caress. One hand remained entangled in his hair, as the other slid down his back, angling him as close together as symmetrically possible. Brian moaned as he felt Justin's tongue sinuously slipping out to stroke at his lips. Widely opening his mouth, Brian fully accepted and reciprocated in an erotic tongue battle that soon had both men's pulse and breathing elevated, and hungry for so much more. Taking complete control of the kiss, Brian thrust his tongue - in and out - not only reacquainting himself with the blond's mouth, but reclaiming it as well.

 

Slowly pulling his mouth free, Brian whispered erratically, "I want you, Justin. So fucking badly."

 

"Take me, Brian. Right here and now," Justin answered, his voice husky and full of need.

 

"No. I changed my mind," Brian said, pursing his lips, taking a step backwards.

 

"Changed your mind?" Justin asked, pain in his eyes, his lip quivering tremulously.

 

Brian smiled down on him in understanding. "Only about the location, you over-emotional little twat. I don't want to share you with the rest of the glorious fags of Pittsburgh. Come home with me, Justin. I don't want anyone else drooling over your hot little blond ass."

 

"That sounds rather possessive for a man who doesn't do relationships," Justin murmured, unable to still the flare of hope swelling deeply within.

 

Shrugging, Brian threw an arm over his shoulder, leading him away from the disappointed group of men that had hoped to watch them. "Well, perhaps it's time to place an amendment into the ‘Kinney Operations Manual."

 

"Really?" Justin mused, smiling up at him brightly. "I would love to discuss that, although much later."

 

"I agree. My dick is the priority now." Brian led them through the crowd, barely acknowledging Justin's security team. He clipped out to them, "He's coming with me. Follow if you like."

 

The one laughed and spoke up. "No, it's okay, Mr. Kinney. We know Justin is more than safe with you."

 

Justin virtually glowed as he looked up at the man he loved. "I always have been." Looking toward his men, he smiled and told them, "I think your job here is done. Enjoy the rest of the night. I'm sure that Mr. Kinney will see me safely home."

 

Brian quirked a brow at his overly confident blond. "Yes, I suppose I will. Sooner or later."

 

Ben and Michael watched the two men leaving Babylon, both of them pleased, yet shocked that Brian had acquiesced so quickly. Shaking his head in surprised disbelief, Ben told Michael, "You were right. Brian really loves him."

 

"Uh-huh. I knew they just needed to find each other again. Everything is going to be fine now," Michael answered, a bit melancholy that a chapter in his life was closing, for he had the feeling Brian's life was about to change. Finally, Brian looked to be on his way to taking a chance on love. Despite all the years of thinking it would eventually be him that Brian turned to with such love, Michael couldn't be happier with how things had turned out. He had Ben, and Brian had Justin - a man that he knew would love him forever.

 


 

Bodies covered in sweat following the culmination of mind-altering blowjobs, Brian's still hungry eyes roved over the naked blond in his bed, knowing his hunger would never be satiated for this particular man. He was no longer of the desire to try to do so. Brian had accepted tonight he was totally hooked on one Justin Taylor. Now that he had him back in his bed - where he belonged - he didn't want it any other way.

 

So this was love, he mused to himself. The clinging, vulnerable emotion that he had turned his back on his entire adult life. Looking down at the beauty before him, Brian was still glad of that fact. He hadn't been ready then, and he hadn't found Justin yet. Now that he had him back, he didn't intend to ever let him go again. Looking at the love shining in Justin's eyes, Brian was certain Justin was of the exact same mind.

 

Eyes dark and stormy, Brian commanded, "Roll over, Justin. Grab onto the bedposts. I am going to fuck you so hard..."

 

Justin moaned as he immediately complied, his body still shaken from the last numbing orgasm that had been nothing short of out of this world. He quivered and nearly salivated in lustful need at the mere thought of Brian being inside of him. It had been so long. He hadn't touched another man or been touched by one the entire time they had been apart. As horny as he may have been at times, he just couldn't do it. Everywhere he looked all he could see was Brian. He wanted him, more importantly - he loved him. No wait would have been too long if the end result had placed him exactly where he was right now.

 

His teeth gritted together in need and desire as he felt Brian's tongue sliding into his ass, Justin's breathing became even more erratic, quickly realizing Brian had no intention of taking the next level slowly. When Brian's all too skillful tongue reached out to twirl around his pucker, Justin's hips jerked upwards, driving Brian's tongue even deeper. He clenched his hands around the wooden posts, sweat running down his brow, as he panted out, "Fuck. B-Brian. I c-can't take this now."

 

Brian hummed from deep inside his throat, clasping his hands around Justin's hips to hold him firmly in place. Stabbing his tongue - in and out - his eyes lifting to move up the expanse of Justin's back to see his blond thrashing his head about in total mindless need, Brian took one more stabbing sweep, before slowly removing his tongue. "Mmm, you taste so fucking good. I could make a meal out of your sweet ass - all night long."

 

"N-not tonight, Brian. Need you too damn much..." Justin gasped, trying to regain his breath, a short sigh of relief escaping as he heard the foil package opening behind him. Turning his flushed face around, he watched as Brian gave his cock a few pumps before sliding the condom on, watching as he slathered lube onto it, before he squirted a generous amount around Justin's hole. He moaned as Brian worked his fingers inside, moving at a gradual pace to prepare Justin, seeing Brian was on edge and needed him just as badly; yet still was considerate enough to make certain that Justin was completely ready to take him. "Enough, Brian. I want you inside me. Now..."

 

"Hold on tightly, Justin. This is going to be a rough and frenzied ride," Brian snarled, as he slowly slid his cock inside the tight warmth that had played out in his fantasies for the past six weeks. Inching forward, waiting for him to give the signal that the muscles were accepting the invasion, Brian growled fiercely as he was firmly enmeshed in Justin's tight heat. Nothing had ever felt as good as Justin. Brian now accepted that nothing ever would. He was past fighting that realization. It was now time to fully accept what that meant and move toward it, and not away from it. Brian knew that was something he could do now.

 

"Fuck. You feel so amazing. How could I have forgotten this?" Brian groaned, his mouth opening up against Justin's neck, licking and biting as he began to ram his cock mercilessly into the quivering blond beneath him. Brian reached underneath to secure a tight grasp on Justin's leaking cock, smiling in feral intensity the quickening he felt the moment he closed his hand around it. "That's it, Justin. Let go for me. Move your hips to meet mine. Show me how much you missed me."

 

"B-Brian, fuck! Feels so g-good..." Justin panted in between shallow breaths, knowing he was close, realizing Brian was close behind him. His hips picking up in speed, Justin shouted out his release as Brian slapped his hand across his ass as he continued to drive toward his own satisfaction.

 

Brian's head arched back as he let out a low roar of ecstatic bliss as he came, his seed filling the condom, legs quivering as he felt overtaken and replete - at least for the moment. He placed a wet, open mouth kiss along Justin's neck before he slowly pulled out, sliding the condom off, knotting it, and throwing it into the trash. He moved next to Justin on the bed, flopping down on the pillows to look at his beloved blond in wonder, knowing the depth of emotion he felt for him to be clearly revealed in his eyes - at last, finding himself unafraid to do so. "That was incredible, Songbird," Brian purred as he placed a tender kiss upon his lips. "Almost as beautiful as the song you sang to me tonight."

 

"Did you really like it?" Justin asked, almost shyly, needing Brian's approval more than he wanted to admit.

 

"I loved it. I had heard it on the radio, but didn't realize it was about me." He kissed him on top of his head, pulling him close into his chest. "Silly, sentimental little twat."

 

Justin raised his head to look at Brian intently, unshed tears shimmering in his eyes. "Brian? What happens next? I don't think I could bear it if this was just a one-night hookup. I probably shouldn't have come here, but I couldn't wait any longer. I love you so much."

 

"I think I knew as soon as I looked at you on the stage this was our new beginning. One in which I wanted to rewrite the ending." Curling his lips under, Brian continued, "To be honest, I don't think I would have stayed away from you for much longer, even if only just to see you."

 

"Really?" Justin asked, his smile lighting up the room. "So, you're not going to push me away again?"

 

Brian shook his head back and forth. Leaning forward he claimed Justin's lips in a slow, drugging kiss, one that it took both men several moments to pull apart from. "Leaving you that night was the most difficult thing I have ever done. I don't do regrets. However, that resides as my most profound one - ever. I don't think I could let you go again, Justin."

 

"You don't have to let me go, Brian. I'm yours, forever. I am so totally in love with you, and I don't have to tell you that my son adores the ground you walk on." Justin looked at Brian intently, love shining deeply from within. "Come home with me, Brian."

 

"No, Justin. I have another idea."

 

"That is?" Justin asked, eyeing him dubiously.

 

"My home is a vast estate, almost as large as your own, but with an even more enhanced security system. I want you to move here. Debbie could return home to be near Michael, yet live here to tend to Gus. You could bring your security team, Daphne, and any other members of your staff that you feel need to be with you on a full-time basis." Quirking a brow, Brian told him, "Of course, you know I'm going to check them all out thoroughly, but it goes with the territory when you take me on."

 

Justin beamed, inside and out. "Gus would be over the moon. He absolutely fell in love with your horses. I would need to add on a recording studio, or I guess I could rent a building."

 

"No. I will build on and construct the best state-of-the-art recording studio any Songbird could ever have, emphasis on soundproof," Brian told him caustically.

 

Laughing, Justin agreed. "Probably a good idea. I get a bit loud sometimes, and say a few things Gus shouldn't be hearing when things aren't going so well."

 

"I can't imagine," Brian replied drolly. "Any other questions or reservations?"

 

Justin tilted his head as he thought about it for a moment. "Hmm, maybe a couple. First, why are you doing this? Is it just because you want me? I need to know before I uproot Gus from what he knows. I can't allow him to settle in and have his world ripped apart. He's been through too much already."

 

"No, Justin. I wouldn't do that to you or him." Brian scowled for a long moment, looking at Justin in exasperation. "Conniving little fucker. You're going to make me say the words, aren't you?"

 

Nodding energetically, Justin agreed. "Yes. I need to hear it, Brian. If only just this one time..."

 

"Fine," he answered in a long-suffering sigh. "I love you, Justin Taylor. God knows I tried to fight it, but it was hopeless." His eyes narrowed on Justin sharply, before he said, "You said a couple of questions. I assume that was the big one. What else concerns you?"

 

"Not a concern really, just a matter of confusion. Daphne told me the check I had her send you covering your fee was returned not cashed. Why didn't you take the money for the amazing job you did?" Justin asked.

 

"It was never a mere assignment for me. Not even at the beginning. However, when I received that check, it all became more final than I could accept. Cashing that check, more than signified that incredible chapter in my life being closed forever. I couldn't close that door," Brian answered, looking away knowing how much that had revealed about him and his feelings for Justin.

 

"Brian, look at me," Justin implored his lover. He waited for Brian to turn his head, before he kissed him tenderly on the lips. "That is the sweetest and most romantic thing I think I've ever heard, and that it came from you, even more so. My heart is so full of love for you I think it could explode. So, I'm assuming you're not working on a case right now?"

 

Brian shook his head. "No, actually I was looking into opening a private investigation agency. I want out of the line of personal security, and I think this would be a good fit for me."

 

"That sounds perfect. God, I never imagined this little road trip would lead to my dreams coming true. I hoped, but I never expected." Justin smiled brightly, his eyes drowning in the love he found in Brian's. "I have never been happier in my entire life."

 

"Just don't get too sentimental on me, Mr. Taylor. I can only tolerate your ridiculously romantic tendencies in limited doses," Brian told him with a smile, both of them knowing Brian was enjoying his position of being deeply embedded in Justin's heart.

 

"I'll try to contain myself, Mr. Bodyguard..." Justin purred, his body moving closer to Brian's under the covers. "In the meantime, how about you show me again just how much you missed me."

 

Brian curled his lips under, his heart swelling with love for this beautiful blond package of perfection. "That sounds like a project I can more than throw myself into." Looking deeply into Justin's eyes, Brian knew this joining wasn't to be a rushed coupling fashioned in lust. This time he would make love to his Songbird, knowing tonight his life had irrevocably changed. To his way of thinking - for the better.

 

Slowly their lips melted together in what was an expression of love, one that both of them knew to be everlasting.

 

THE END

 

Chapter End Notes:

This is the end of this journey. I hope you've enjoyed it. Thanks for reading!

The End.
confused_bliss is the author of 53 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked My Bodyguard also liked 249 other stories.