- Text Size +

 

Justin took a step back, continuing to admire Brian's backside, reaching up to stroke his lip thoughtfully. He shook his head in amazement at the perfection of this man, his immediate and most urgent thought - I have to have this man.

 

Playfully, running his fingers up and down Brian's back, smiling at the feel of the muscles jerking in response, assuring Justin that Brian was far from unaffected by him, he continued to taunt him. "So silent, Mr. Bodyguard. Don't tell me I've rendered the big, tough man speechless..."

 

Brian gritted his teeth, as he forced himself in check, all in an effort to restrain from reaching out to grab the delicious yet aggravating blond and push him to his knees; showing him unequivocally where he could best put that arrogant little mouth to use. He surmised that time would come, but not now. Business first, then pleasure later. Thinking of the luscious Justin Taylor, Brian decided it would culminate in the ultimate of pleasure. Knowing he needed to place a degree of distance between himself and Justin, before he succumbed to his baser instincts, Brian shrugged his shoulders, stepping forward a few small steps, causing Justin's hand to drop and an amused chuckle falling from the blond's mouth.

 

"So, Mr. Taylor, tell me precisely why I should spend my very valuable time protecting your ass," Brian said, as he turned to face Justin, realizing he'd walked into a trap with his poor choice of words, as he fell momentarily spellbound at the unmasked lust in Justin's beautiful blue eyes.

 

Brian's gaze fastened on the eyes in question, so blue, open and so fucking deep. No wonder the boy was adored by millions. A person could get lost in those eyes, and he was certain a large share of his fans did just that. Fuck Kinney, what are you thinking? Lost in a blond boy's eyes? How lesbianic. Damn. It was time to take control of this situation - here and now, but damn how hard was that with those ‘fuck-me' eyes, and sweet hell - that compact and perfect body that all but screamed out for his immediate possession. Brian knew he needed to get a handle on this quickly. There was no way he could protect the kid like this - provided he even took this job.

 

Justin's eyes crawled over Brian, before he answered huskily, "I like your choice of words, Mr. Bodyguard. It tells me that you find my ass worth protecting."

 

"It was a generalization. I wouldn't read too much into it - if I were you," Brian snapped back in growing irritation.

 

Arching a brow, Justin moistened his lips deliberately, smiling as he observed the tensing of Brian's back as he took a step closer. Oh, this is going to be fun, Justin thought to himself. "So defensive, makes me wonder why. Care to explain that?"

 

"Listen, Taylor, I'm not here to be your entertainment. I am only here as a favor to Ben. Whether you live or die is inconsequential to me," Brian told him coldly, forcing his body language and his eyes to give the appearance of indifference - when he knew the opposite to be true. He didn't want anything to happen to this boy - not now or ever. He couldn't let Justin know that, though. This boy was a player, perhaps one that could rival himself. Could he work for him, live in his home, and keep his hands off him? Brian knew that was what it would take in order to effectively protect him.

 

Justin moved, once again within touching distance, stroking a finger up and down Brian's arm, before he whispered petulantly, "What a pity. You'd make such a pretty toy."

 

"Let's be perfectly clear here, little songbird; I am nobody's toy. In fact, bottom boy, I am always in charge - in all things," Brian all but snarled into the amused face, that was quickly becoming elated at how effortlessly he was getting to him. "You know, let's just save us both the aggravation and accept that we cannot get along. I would say there's no point in continuing this interview."

 

Immediately, Justin's smile began to falter when he realized he may have pushed the bodyguard too far. He remembered Daphne's words, and her concerns for not only his safety, but Gus' as well. She would give him grief for weeks to come if he didn't make a considerable effort with Brian. He was not one to beg or ask anyone for anything, but for his son - he would do anything. His eyes filled with alarm as he watched Brian walk toward the door, he gave a shout out hoping it would be enough. "Brian, wait. Don't go, please."

 

Brian turned, looking at Justin with a sober expression, an eyebrow lifting as he waited for him to continue. "Well, you have something to say, Mr. Taylor?"

 

"Yes, please don't go. Daphne and Ben both think we need you, and well, maybe we do. Whoever is after me seems to be more than a disgruntled fan, and I- I, ahh, am worried about my son getting caught in the crossfire," Justin admitted, running a hand through his hair, oblivious to Brian's gaze following the nervous action.

 

"I find it interesting that you have a son, but regardless of that - how old is he? and what's the custody situation?" Brian asked, cursing himself that he cared enough to ask; knowing the more he learned here, the harder it was going to be to extricate himself out of the entire situation.

 

"My son just turned four a few weeks ago. I have full custody; he lives here with me. His safety is all that matters," Justin answered fervently.

 

Brian nodded in understanding. "A young child makes you even more vulnerable. However, I don't believe they have played that particular card yet, which is curious. What about the mother? What is your relationship with her?"

 

"Her name is Lindsay Peterson. It was the result of a drunken night. I wasn't even legal to drink - but you know how that goes. When Lindsay discovered she was pregnant, she asked me to take Gus. Even though I've never met the man, she told me she has a very judgmental father. She said it was just better for everyone that way - providing I didn't deny her access to Gus. I took it a step further, giving her a job with me and she lives here, also," Justin explained, still marveling that he'd been able to get it up for a woman, even in the state of a lack of sobriety.

 

"So, you have an active relationship with this woman?" Brian asked, curling his lips down, maintaining it was just professional interest and not a form of jealousy - something he did not do.

 

"Would you be jealous if I was, Mr. Kinney? What if I said I was fucking her, each and every night - how would you feel about that?" Justin boldly questioned, his eyes glowing in a fiery light.

 

Brian snorted in response, determined to pretend an air of aloofness, despite how he internally felt. What the fuck was it with this pampered, overindulgent diva? How did the kid move him so flawlessly? "I'm not one prone to jealousy, Mr. Taylor. I'm just trying to get a feel for the situation, and everyone that is a part of your life."

 

"No, I don't have an ongoing relationship with Lindsay. I think it was a fluke for her too. She's a lesbian, and I think she just got bit by the superstar fever. It's never been repeated. In fact, my legal counsel, Melanie, is her lover. She lives here as well," Justin explained, watching Brian closely, his own tumultuous thoughts churning within his mind. How I'd love to make you jealous, Mr. Bodyguard. Wrap thoughts of me so deeply into your mind and perfect body that you'd do anything to have me. I think I will work on precisely doing that...

 

"Does everyone you employ reside at this estate?" Brian grumbled in disbelief.

 

Justin smirked. "As a matter of fact, they do. I like to keep them close, for any eventuality. The place is large enough to ensure they have their privacy and can live their own lives outside of working hours. It has always worked out extremely well."

 

"I see. Well then, if I take the job, I will need a detailed list of everyone in the house - their schedules, location in your home, along with a background check on each and every one of them. No exceptions," Brian told him sternly, and very matter-of-factly.

 

"If you take the job?" Justin asked, tempering the urge to be his most flirtatious self, realizing for once that wouldn't get him what he wanted. However, he'd always found perseverance to gain him what he most desired - he decided Brian Kinney wouldn't be the exception.

 

"There are variables I'm still undecided upon, Mr. Taylor..."

 

Justin pouted, looking at him crossly. Folding his arms together against his chest, he demanded, "Those are?"

 

"Shall I give you a list?" Brian snapped in sarcasm. "First, you are not only high maintenance, but high profile as well. Next, you are a petulant little shit that refuses to listen to reason and follow directions. That may have worked with your own security team, but it doesn't fly with me, songbird. I steadfastly place my life on the line protecting my client and do so willingly as part of the process. When I have to deal with a spoiled brat that won't do what they are told, all with the intent of keeping them safe - really pisses me off. I can't and won't work like that."

 

Unthinkingly, Justin whispered in utter awe, "God, you are even more beautiful when you are impassioned."

 

"That's it. I can't do this. You can't focus on what's important, namely your own safety," Brian spat out in exasperation, realizing he and this kid were too much alike, driven by their most primal passions - and right now it was directed toward each other. He couldn't protect this boy effectively like this. How could he, when his every thought since he had arrived had revolved around touching him, tasting him, fucking him into mindless oblivion? Brian knew himself to know that constant interaction with Justin would only evoke that need into a fever pitch - one that he knew he would be powerless to resist exploring.

 

Justin moved forward in an effort to convince Brian of how much he truly needed him, when the door suddenly burst open. Justin's glare turned into a smile of delight when Gus came running into the room, shouting and waving his hand in wild animation. "Daddy, Daddy, I got somethin' for you."

 

Hunching down to his son's level, so they were eye to eye, Justin smiled brightly, totally oblivious to the gasp that escaped unbidden from Brian's lips at the sight of that smile. Justin reached up to ruffle his son's hair, before he said, "I thought you were going to the pool with Ethan."

 

"I was, but I went past the door and this letter fell through the slot," Gus said, proudly holding out the envelope to his daddy.

 

"Hmm, I see that. Let Daddy have it, and then you can go for your swim, okay?" Justin said, looking at the envelope, his face draining of all color when he saw the familiar cut-out letters pasted across the front, in various colors and sizes: J-U-S-T-I-N.

 

Brian's eyes narrowed at both the delivered message and the look on Justin's face. He had changed from elated to fearful in a split second. Justin hugged Gus briefly, before his worried eyes turned toward Brian. He stood, as he yelled into the hallway. "Ethan, can you come in here?"

 

A moment later, a short-haired man - that Brian assumed was the summoned Ethan - moved hurriedly into the room. "Justin, is something wrong?" He frowned looking from Gus to Justin. "Gus, shame on you. I told you that Daddy was in a meeting. You can't just barge in on him whenever you feel like it."

 

"Ethan, that's quite enough. Gus needed to see me, and regardless, he has free reign to me at any time - you should know that. Now, please carry on and take Gus out to the pool, but I want you to take Ben with you," Justin said, his voice speaking volumes that no argument would be acceptable.

 

"Is there a problem, Justin?" Ethan asked, moving forward, looking from Brian to Justin.

 

"Nothing that needs to concern you. Now, please leave us, and alert the rest of the staff that I am not to be disturbed for any reason," Justin said coldly, keeping his voice lowered so as not to alarm Gus, yet the finality in speaking his orders, they were not to be questioned.

 

"As you wish," Ethan replied shortly, grasping Gus' hand and leading him out of the room, closing the door sharply behind him.

 

Brian smiled, shaking his head ruefully. "Seems you bent your little pool boy's head all out of joint."

 

"Ethan has a great many trades, companion to my son is only one of them, but he'll be fine. He just needs to be reminded of his place at times," Justin said, his hand beginning to shake as he glanced at the lightweight envelope in his hand.

 

Pursing his lips, Brian surmised, "You got another letter, didn't you, Justin."

 

Nodding, biting his lip, hating the vulnerable quiver he felt beneath his teeth, he asked, "Will you open it, Brian?"

 

Brian reached into his pocket, extracting the plastic gloves he always carried when on assignment, realizing they became a necessity more often than not in his line of work. "Hand it to me, Justin."

 

Justin handed it over, watching as Brian artfully slipped open the seal, removing and unfolding the letter, only touching the upper and lower corner. He shook his head as he read, seeing the young singer's problems were far more serious than he had even imagined. And Brian Kinney didn't get many surprises. His eyes lifted to Justin, as he read it aloud: Nice and comfy at home, Justin? Don't be. As you can see, I can get to you at any time and place. When the time is right, I will end it for you. Rest well, Justin. You will need it. Soon, Justin, very soon.

 

Brian replaced it into the envelope, before pulling out his cell phone, knowing he could use the house phone on the desk, but deciding this to be quickest. He awaited Ben's crisp answer, before he continued, "Justin has received another threat. Call the police immediately." He closed the phone, not waiting for Ben's response, his attention riveted on Justin and his handling of the latest attack on him. This one, Brian understood to be far more reaching than the previous one. Now, it was brought into his home, with obvious intentions of making Justin vulnerable in the knowledge that nowhere was safe.

 

"Fuck. This guy is crazy. He got onto my property, Brian. Gus was so close to him, directly on the other side of the door. This madman could have grabbed my son!" Justin snarled in rage, pivoting around as the door opened once again, this time slamming with ferocity.

 

"That's exactly why we are going to revamp our custody agreement. Our son is no longer safe with you, with us - here in your home. I spoke with Mel and she is drawing up a new agreement, you need to sign off your rights and let me take Gus away from here - where he will be safe," Lindsay told Justin coldly, her eyes not giving Brian more than the most fleeting of glances.

 

"What the fuck, Lindsay? Mel works for me, or so I thought, and think about it rationally with your little blonde lesbian head. Taking Gus away only makes him more visible. Everyone knows he's my son."

 

Brian watched analytically from across the room. Knowing exactly what he must do despite the obvious temptations of this boy. He was poised to intervene at any moment, should the need present itself - for this woman looked like a hissing viper gearing up to strike. He moved slowly forward, making certain he was in the perfect position to react.

 

"I knew you'd say that, Justin. Why can't you just face the facts? Your life is not suitable for a young child, you have made a very dangerous enemy - and Gus needs to be separated from you immediately. You cannot protect yourself, not to mention Gus!" Lindsay spat out, her eyes bulging in rage.

 

"That's where you're wrong," Brian spoke softly.

 

Lindsay narrowed her eyes on him. "Who the hell are you?"

 

"My name's Brian Kinney, and in answer to your question - I'm Justin's bodyguard."

 

TBC