- Text Size +

 

"Bodyguard?" Lindsay asked, with a hint of a sneer in her voice.

 

"That's what the man said, Lindsay. So, you can take your concerns and go find something else to obsess about..." Justin snapped, flicking his eyes away from her in dismissal - pulling them to Brian; shocked and elated he had decided to stay, having the gut feeling that Lindsay's outburst had provoked him to some degree. No matter what the reasoning, Justin was more than pleased. He had a feeling that Brian was very good at his job; therefore meaning that he could and would keep him and Gus safe.

 

And then, there was the other advantage of keeping his beautiful bodyguard underfoot. Somehow, he would wear Brian down. He would convince Brian to mix business with pleasure, and he knew the pleasure would be unlike anything else he had ever experienced previously. He could be sweet, saucy, conniving, or utterly outrageous, but bottom line - he would have this spectacular man in his bed. Justin tempered himself as he looked at Brian, forcing the lust out of his gaze; instinctively knowing it wouldn't take much to provoke Brian into bolting, and that was the last thing he wanted.

 

"Something else to obsess about? I don't fucking believe you, Justin. Your immoral lifestyle is what has brought this down on us. By not keeping your private life - exactly that - private, has placed your son, our son in danger," Lindsay hissed at him. Running her eyes over Brian, dismissing him as insignificant, she scoffed, "Don't look like much of a bodyguard to me, looks more like one of your little trophy pieces."

 

Justin felt immobilized - speechless, as he watched Brian beginning to move even closer, almost seeming to be in a deliberate prowling gait, his growing rage more than apparent. Brian immediately placed his body in front of Justin's smaller one, his protective mode immediately falling in place. Justin was barely able to muffle the gasp that threatened to escape at the spectacular and oh so arousing sight Brian made in his protective and enraged stance. Damn, this man is amazing, Justin continued to think in wonder to himself. Each moment he spent with Brian reaffirmed how badly he wanted him, and how committed he was to make this beautiful, untamed beast, irrevocably - his.

 

Brian's eyes flared as he approached the irate woman; her body language and behavior setting him quickly on edge. He didn't know what possessed him to announce himself as his bodyguard as he had, except for the fact that this woman had immediately annoyed him. Observing her continued glower and curled lip, Brian marveled that Justin could have gotten it up long enough to have impregnated her. Brian had to hold back the shudder, simply thinking how arduous of a task fucking her must have been, whether drunk or sober. Regardless of that, he would only allow her aggressive behavior to progress so far. When a line was crossed that endangered his client, that was when he would step in. He doubted she would strike out at Justin, but he knew he would never take that chance. Even a harmless blow rendered against the beautiful blond was something that was unspeakably repugnant to him. Brian wouldn't even consider his thoughts to be anything other than his professional duty. That was why he was considered the best, he told himself, his complete attention to the task, and elimination of any threat, no matter how minimal it may be.

 

"I don't know if you are simply having a bad day, or if you are really that much of a bitch - nor do I care. My concerns are very clearly focused..." Brian bit out between clenched teeth.

 

"Oh? and what might those concerns be?" she demanded, while having the good sense to move a step back from Brian's fierce, assessing gaze.

 

"Those involving the protection of my client," he answered, as his eyes flickered over her in distaste, before continuing in a menacing tone that had made many others - male and female alike - quiver in trepidation at its ferocity - from any and all threats that seek to rise up against him. "Regardless of who he might need protection from..."

 

Justin continued to watch on in delight, taking immense pleasure in this side of Brian; longing to know all of this man - explore all of him, completely. Unable to resist the impulse, he reached out to trail his hand down the expanse of Brian's back, smiling as he felt the muscles jerk just as they had earlier when he touched him. Oh yes, I'm on to you, Mr. Bodyguard. You are far from unaffected by me, and it will only fester and grow until you give into it.

 

Reluctantly dropping his hand knowing now wasn't the time, Justin whispered, "Your dedication is more than commendable, Mr. Kinney."

 

Lindsay continued to heatedly glare at both of them. "What exactly are you implying, Mr. Kinney? That I am some sort of a threat to Justin? Who the hell are you to make such unfounded accusations???" As she eyed Brian coldly, she snarled angrily, "Exactly what kind of credentials do you possess, thinking you could be Justin's bodyguard?"

 

"I don't know what has gotten into you, Lindsay, but I would advise you to back the hell off - right now!" Ben hissed, standing in the open doorway. "Trust me - if you could see Brian's resume, you would feel more of a fool than what your outrageous behavior now represents you to be."

 

Justin chuckled, while reeling in amazement at Ben's uncharacteristic outburst. In the entire time that Ben had worked for him, Justin had never witnessed him losing his temper as he had just now. He figured everyone had their breaking point - and Lindsay's attack on Brian seemed to have been Ben's. It made him further wonder if there was something between Brian and Ben. Justin found he didn't like the feeling that thought evoked.

 

Lindsay swiveled around to stare at Ben. "Fool? Are you kidding me, Ben? I don't know anything about this man, and you expect me to fall in line and just hand over the safety of my son to his decision-making process? Who the hell is he, besides a man that obviously has the two of you completely bedazzled..."

 

"I will take into consideration that you don't know Brian. However, nor did Justin, and yet, he respects my recommendation and has accepted Brian into this position. The reason you haven't heard of him is that his assignments have vastly been with government officials, quite obviously public knowledge of the details are never forthcoming. His most recent case was with the Senator - and as was reported in the press, the assailant was apprehended and the Senator is now safe; all of which was attributed and credited to Brian. He has also worked in the White House guarding the President. I could go on and on..."

 

"Please don't, Benjamin. You make me blush with your accolades," Brian smirked, tongue in cheek.

 

"Benjamin?" Justin queried playfully.

 

Ben scowled at both of them. "Thanks, Brian. Don't even think about it, Justin."

 

"Fine. Maybe, he isn't just one of Justin's pretty toys and can actually do the job. I'll reserve judgment on that. You said the White House. Which President? It doesn't change the fact that if Gus was removed from this environment, his risk would be vastly reduced."

 

"It was Reagan," Brian answered nonchalantly, waiting for what he knew she would undoubtedly say next.

 

"Reagan got shot," she laughed bitterly.

 

"Not on my watch," Brian purred, watching her coldly and analytically.

 

"Well, that's beside the point, isn't it, dear Lindsay? And regarding my son, I have sole custody of Gus - administered by a court of law where you appeared and signed off all your rights. Do you remember that? I certainly do. And I swear to you, what you signed away you will never recover," Justin taunted her mercilessly, moving his body around Brian's to face her, eye to eye.

 

She clenched her fists at her sides, stomped one foot down in a rage, wanting to lunge at Justin in fury; immediately forestalled by the look in both Brian's and Ben's eyes. "Sometimes I hate you, Justin."

 

"You'll deal with it, Lindsay. Comfort yourself in the knowledge that you not only work for me, but you get to live in my home, seeing Gus every day. Don't rock the boat. I'd have no problem changing either of those conditions and immediately, if you give me any more grief," Justin coldly threatened.

 

"Fuck you, Justin. I swear I will find a way to reclaim my son and take him away from this life you have subjected him to; one way or another - I will find a way," she boldly threatened, as she stormed angrily out of the room.

 

Brian moved toward Justin, his brow arched, as he announced, "It appears as if you have an enemy there, little songbird."

 

"I tend to agree," Ben answered. "I'd say we should keep an eye on her."

 

"Well, you two do that, however, I think she is just pissed right now. I don't think she would ever hurt me, or anyone. Now, did I hear police sirens? Are they finally here?" Justin demanded.

 

"They are investigating the grounds now. Then, Daphne will show them to the surveillance room. We should be able to pick something up in there," Ben told him, thinking the security cameras should pick up the identity of who delivered the letter without a problem. Not that it would be the man behind the threats - but it should give them the first tangible lead they had been given to date.

 

"That's good, Ben. They should find something there," Brian stated. Then, pausing before continuing, "The security system is up to date, isn't it, Ben?" Brian asked in a typical demanding fashion.

 

Ben nodded. "State of the art. Trust me, no glitch will be found there."

 

"I hope not. That would be unfortunate, along with being a loss of the best lead so far."

 

"Ben does know what he's doing, Brian. I only hire the best and speaking of that, thank you for deciding to stay," Justin said, finding his sincerity at this moment to be genuine, along with the realization that he really believed he needed him.

 

Brian chuckled. "Say that when you get my bill."

 

"I'm sure it will be monstrous, but if Ben got Daphne to sign off on it, I guess it won't quite bankrupt me," he laughed, at the moment, not caring how much he was paying Brian to be here, just pleased that he was here.

 

"Stagger you - yes, bankrupt you - perhaps not. However, I think you'll find my services to be well worth the price tag attached," Brian returned, grimacing at his poor choice of words as soon as he heard the lusty chuckle that erupted from Justin's perfect lips.

 

"I don't doubt that at all, Mr. Bodyguard. Tell me, how in-depth does your protection extend? Will you be sleeping in my room, my bed - all in the interest of keeping my body safe?" Justin asked, moving closer until his body was almost brushing against Brian's.

 

Ben laughed behind them. "Sorry, Justin. I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but Brian never mixes business with pleasure."

 

"Is that so, Brian? Is there nothing I can do to persuade you otherwise?" Justin whispered throatily, his hand reaching up to move up and down Brian's chest, his fingers deliberately playing with the buttons; eyes smoky and hot lifting to meet Brian's, neither of them wanting to break the connection.

 

"Uhhh, better have this battle of wills later. I hear the pitter-patter of flatfoots approaching," Ben advised, with a laugh.

 

Brian reached up to gently flick Justin's hand away, once again wondering when this little shit would stop getting the best of him. He watched as a familiar officer stepped into the room, scowling and mumbling under his breath. Following dutifully on his heels, was a much younger cop, his eyes wide as they took in the room - becoming even wider when they fell upon Justin.

 

"Horvath," Brian greeted.

 

"Brian Kinney. Well, I'll be damned. Now, what the hell are you doing, being caught up in this circus? I thought you didn't handle celebrities."

 

Brian's lips grimaced as he looked over at Justin. "Yeah, well, I guess there's an exception to every rule."

 

Justin's eyes lit up, as Ben groaned, all three of them realizing what Brian had just said, and how the spoiled rock star would respond. "Really, Brian? We'll take this discussion up later."

 

Ben moved forward to usher them into the room, before closing the door behind them. He took the letter from Justin, handing it immediately to the detective. "This is the letter Justin received here today."

 

"Very good. Can you bag this, James?" he asked, looking at his befuddled junior partner, after carefully viewing the contents of the note. When no answer was forthcoming, the detective shouted louder, "Montgomery? What the hell is your problem? Can you bag the evidence?"

 

"Uhhh yeah, sure. Sorry. Fuck. Horvath, I thought I told you to call me Hunter," the kid grumbled as he slipped on a glove and dealt with the letter and envelope.

 

Brian snickered as he watched Carl glower at his young partner. "Recruiting them young these days, huh?"

 

"He's fresh out of the academy. The chief wants me to show him the ropes. See where he fits in best."

 

"Uh-huh. You have fun with that."

 

"So, I'm assuming you've been hired as Justin's bodyguard...?"

 

Brian nodded, looking from Carl's annoyed face to James ‘Hunter' Montgomery's seemingly star gazed expression. "Yes, I decided the need was definitely present. So, what have you found? A face attached to the delivery of the note?"

 

"I'm afraid not. All surveillance cameras inside the house are operational and recording properly..." Carl began to explain.

 

"Inside the house?" Ben asked at once.

 

Hunter nodded, finally regaining his composure. "There was nothing on the outside cameras, particularly the one over the door and the front gates. They were black and apparently disconnected."

 

Brian looked toward Ben with an even deeper concern present than he had when reading the note earlier. "You know what this means, don't you, Ben?"

 

"Yes, Brian. Justin's attacker is someone that has full access to the house, and we have no idea who it is," Ben answered fearfully.

 

Carl nodded in agreement. "I'd say that's exactly what we have here. We will run this for prints, but my gut tells me it will be clean - again."

 

"I believe you're right, Carl," Brian said, with a grim nod. Looking toward Justin, he asked, "Do you trust me, Justin?"

 

Justin looked confused for a brief moment, before he answered, "I told you this already, Brian. Yes, I trust you. Ben believes in you and what you can do. That's enough for me."

 

"Okay, here's the deal. I need to go back home for a couple of days. I had just come back from another long job and I have things to clear up there. Quite honestly, when I came here I didn't expect to take the position. Before I can fully commit and focus, I need to wrap these things up."

 

Justin shook his head in confusion. "What the hell, Brian? Are you saying you're taking the job, but now you are leaving me, at a time like this, leaving me here with an enemy in my midst?"

 

"Please tell me you are not saying that, Brian," Ben grumbled, all eyes in the room fastened on him.

 

"No, that's not what I'm saying. Here is what we are going to do. Justin is coming with me - today."

 

TBC