- Text Size +

 

"Buckle up, little songbird. I'd hate to see your fate decided by my reckless driving," Brian quipped, as he pulled out of Justin's driveway, more than ready to go home for a few days, and to a place that he could monitor with ease.

 

Justin immediately buckled himself in, looking over at Brian with a sultry smile. "I'm sure anything you are driving is well under control."

 

"Usually," he clipped out, unwilling to discuss any sexual references delivered by this little firebrand at this particular moment in time. most especially in this confined space. "Perhaps, you would have been more comfortable riding with Ben and your son. My car is not made with family life in mind."

 

"Hmm, no it isn't," Justin said, as he reached out to touch the polished leather. He turned his intense blue eyes toward Brian, watching him silently for a long moment. "This is a ‘you wish you could fuck me car', and a look you carry extremely well, Mr. Bodyguard, and Gus is fine riding with Ben. They are very close, and I know that Ben would protect my son with his life."

 

Brian nodded. "We agree on that, perhaps the only thing. From what I have observed so far, Ben is the only person in your home that I completely trust."

 

"I think as you look deeper you will find a few more, at the very least - Daphne," he said, in defense of his manager and closest and dearest friend.

 

"Ah yes, that's a possibility. I wasn't really thinking about her. She seems okay, although I intend to investigate everyone thoroughly, and if they don't pass my testing, they cannot reside inside your home when we return," Brian informed him sternly, flicking a brief gaze to meet his passenger's shocked eyes.

 

Justin shook his head incredulously. "That's the changes you spoke of? It's not going to happen, Brian. I am not going to change my entire life, my son's life, to placate you and give my entire way of life over to what is probably merely an overzealous fan."

 

"If you want me around protecting your ass, you will do exactly as I tell you to do. This is not the work of an admiring fan, and I think you know that. If you want to stay alive to watch your son grow up, you will do things my way," Brian snapped, pausing to glare at the blond as he weaved in and out of traffic, noticing in the rearview mirror Ben was having a hard time keeping up. "I am not a total unfeeling asshole, despite what my reputation represents, I get that you are not used to following orders; but get this very clearly, blondie - this is to save not only your life, but your son's as well. If you don't want my brand of protection, I will turn this car around and leave you in the care you have been under. Open and vulnerable to stalkers that appear to be admitted to your property at will!"

 

"Fine. We'll do things your way - for now," Justin grumbled, turning his head to look outside.

 

"Good boy. I wouldn't worry too much about your staff upheaval quite yet. Many of them might check out fine, and let's be realistic - you don't need all of them living underfoot."

 

Justin smiled playfully. "What can I say? I'm a spoiled brat. I like having all the things that I need, and want at my immediate disposal." Justin reached over to run a finger up and down Brian's thigh. "Everything," Justin purred in a velvety growl.

 

Brian gritted his teeth as he kept his eyes straight ahead and away from the greatest temptation that had ever fallen into his grasp. He wanted Justin Taylor, wanted him badly, but he couldn't have him. Not right now. In line with his standard ‘trick policy' - fucking Justin wouldn't matter. However, his responses to Justin Taylor were not normal. Even without touching him, Brian knew unequivocally that Justin could never fall under his ‘one fuck only' policy. He would want him again and again, and he would fuck him over and over; in doing so he would lose his focus. Everything and everyone that came near Justin would appear as a threat to Brian. He wouldn't be able to effectively protect him that way.

 

Once again, he removed Justin's hand from his thigh, forcing it onto his own lap. "Let me give you a little bit of insight into me," Brian hissed through clenched teeth. "I do the hunting. End of story."

 

"I see. So, what you're saying is that I'm playing this game wrong," Justin said, instantly understanding his error and thinking of the solution. "Now, I just need to make you want to chase me, which I think you already do, but I'm sure I can find a way or two to escalate that."

 

"Justin, you know how hot you are, let's not belabor that point, but I am here to protect you. I can't do that with all of these other distractions in the way. I can't do anything to pull my focus. I need you to understand that, and not fight me at every turn," Brian said, turning to face him with a hot glare.

 

"I get what you're saying loud and clear, Brian. You have all but admitted that you want me. Big mistake," Justin said, as he wet his lips deliberately, his eyes lowering to the bulge in Brian's jeans. "The things I could do to you, Brian. Right now in this car. Ever been sucked off as you're driving? Admittedly, it would be difficult in these seats, but trust me, Brian - for you, I could get it done."

 

"Of course, I have, little twat. You fail to understand who I am. Men beg to touch me, and I am very selective on who receives my attention, and those who do know it's only a one-off deal, and that doesn't discourage them. They consider themselves lucky to have had the honor of being fucked by me. So, keep that in mind, Justin. I will never be one of your adoring fucks that falls upon your every syllable - whether sung or spoken," Brian snapped, knowing he needed to be ignoring Justin and not feeding into this conversation; realizing the more intimate knowledge he gave Justin - the more power he was giving the kid to find a way to get to him. And he was doing a good enough job of that on his own.

 

Justin laughed, as his eyes took in the perimeter of what was obviously Brian's well-protected home. Gates and alarms that were leagues ahead of his own. He whistled under his breath. "Very nice, Brian. I think we should be very safe here."

 

"It was designed more for my own privacy, but yes, you and your son should be safe here."

 

"Yes, I'm sure we'll have this fascinating little discussion again soon, Mr. Bodyguard. For now, I will concede to your wishes."

 

"It's the way it has to be, Justin. Your safety is the only thing that matters right now. The future will take care of itself," Brian told him, unable to taper the fire that still kindled in his eyes.

 

Sliding out of the car, watching for Ben's car that hadn't pulled into the driveway yet, Justin moved to stand directly in front of Brian, whispering softly, "Yes, the future will take care of itself, Brian. In the end, I will have everything I want, and I think we both know it."

 

Justin smiled as the scowl spread across Brian's face, knowing he had hit his mark. His thoughts were more than clear, Yes, you fight it, Mr. Bodyguard. I will have it all. And as for your rules, they won't exist with me. Before we're finished, you will be the one who adores me more than any other ever has before you.

 


 

The caller picked up the phone, making the unfortunate call. When the crisp answer came across the line, the nervous caller froze for a long moment.

 

"Hello? Is that you?" came out in a resounding hiss. "Of course, it is, I can hear your nervous breathing. What the fuck is going on?"

 

"I did it. I left the note. It was delivered to Justin," the voice stammered fearfully.

 

"And? Obviously, the cops were called. Did you see Justin? Is he torn apart with fear?" was the excited, almost gleeful voice.

 

The part the caller had been dreading. "Not exactly. Seems he has some high-powered protection, and Justin seems very much at ease. A bodyguard, from what I've been able to discover - a very good one."

 

A hiss came across the line. "Did you get a name?"

 

"I'd hardly call you without that. The name is Brian Kinney. I did some digging. He's worked for the CIA - all his cases have been high-profile and very successful."

 

"It doesn't matter. No one man is going to stand in the way of my plans for Justin Taylor," the voice said in brutal determination.

 

"What should I do next?"

 

A slight pause on the line. "Do nothing for now. I need to investigate this Brian Kinney. I'll be in touch."

 

Without a further word the call was ended, leaving the caller relieved and tense that it had ended; also with the certainty that the delay in further action would only be temporary. Justin Taylor was marked to die, no other outcome would the ‘boss' accept, no matter how deprived the world would be in suffering the loss of that immense beauty and talent. The die had been cast, and the course would be carried out - all until the inevitable end had been reached.

 


Debbie beamed from ear to ear as she bounced an exuberant Gus on her knee. She looked at Justin with a wide smile, "I can't believe you have a son. When I watched you on TV, you looked like a baby yourself. He's just so beautiful, and the image of you, Sunshine."

 

"Sunshine?" Brian echoed from behind them, chuckling in mocking humor.

 

Justin glared at Brian, before flashing his trademark smile at Debbie. "Thank you, Debbie." Looking back toward Brian, he explained, "The press dubbed me ‘the voice of an angel with the sunshine smile'. It stuck, and now they refer to me as Sunshine."

 

"You are protecting Justin, and you don't know something as basic as that?" Debbie asked in disbelief.

 

"I just came on board today. Such trivial little matters haven't fallen into my knowledge base, as of yet," Brian quirked blandly.

 

Justin continued to smile at Debbie, finding her boisterous enthusiasm more than appealing, it was genuine; something that was not commonplace in his world. "I can't thank you enough for doing this, Debbie. Gus means the world to me, and I can tell that he'll be in great hands while we are here."

 

"You're damn right he will be," she agreed emphatically. "He's a sweetheart. I won't want to see you leave with him, and we just met."

 

Brian narrowed his eyes, looking at her closely. "Well, you know, Justin could probably use a live-in nanny. One that we can trust..."

 

Justin smirked, before he answered, "What Brian means to say is a nanny that he can trust."

 

Deb smiled broadly. "I've known Brian Kinney for a long time, Sunshine. I understand his terminology only too well."

 

Ben walked into the room, handing Brian a thick folder. "Here's the data you wanted, Brian. All the specs on everyone living at the house, in Justin's employ, and the blueprints."

 

"Thanks, Ben. I'll take a look at this later. For now, I better go order us some dinner. Any preferences?" Brian asked, looking around at all of them.

 

Debbie scowled, shaking her head at Brian in reproach. "If you had any food in the house I'd cook for us. You will need to get some provisions in the fridge for Gus."

 

"Already on it, Mother Dear. The store is due to deliver at any time now," Brian mockingly told her.

 

"Delivery? They don't deliver to my house! Well, I'm sure you forgot something. When they leave, I'll make a list..."

 

"You do that," Brian said, in dismissal. "Now, back to dinner. If someone doesn't speak up, I will just order a mixture of Thai. Any objections?"

 

Justin shrugged, before he answered, "Anything is fine. I can eat virtually anything..."

 

Ben choked on that, seeing the heated look that passed between Brian and Justin. "Right. I'll just leave you to it. I'm hoping to make myself a date for later tonight. That is, if you don't need me?"

 

"Date?" Justin asked, with interest. "Who have you met so quickly?"

 

"Ben has a crush on my best friend. They met earlier when Ben tracked me down," Brian explained.

 

Debbie immediately perked up, quickly giving Ben the once over, smiling her approval. "My Michael? Sweetheart, you can take him on a date anytime. You want me to call him over?"

 

"Thanks for the assist, Debbie, but he gave me the number earlier. I'll give him a call after dinner," he smiled graciously. "Is there a good club to take him to?"

 

Brian and Debbie answered simultaneously. "Babylon."

 

"Babylon?" Justin asked. "What's that?"

 

"It's a gay club down on Liberty Avenue. There are many, but that one is the best. If you can't find a hookup there, then you won't find one anywhere," Debbie answered.

 

Justin looked at Brian, his eyes lighting up, that was nothing short of calculating. He looked toward Ben pleadingly, his head of security quickly groaning - knowing exactly where this was heading. "Hell no, Justin. Don't you even think about it."

 

"Ah, come on, Ben. It'll be fun. I need to get out, have some fun. They won't be expecting me to do that. Not here. Not right now. Please, take me with you. I promise to do my own thing. You won't even know I'm there," he said, looking at Ben innocently.

 

Brian cleared his throat, looking at Ben and Justin with an arched brow. "Aren't you asking the wrong man for permission, little songbird?"

 

"C'mon, Brian, please," he asked, looking up at him beseechingly. "I promise I'll stay right by your side. I just want to go out, do things like a normal man would do. Please."

 

"Except you are not normal, Justin. You are a superstar..." Brian began and was about to say more, when Debbie cleared her throat to advise him not to say more with Gus' inquisitive eyes looking up at Brian.

 

Brian sighed wearily knowing he was about to make the biggest mistake of his life, yet knowing he was going to do just that as he looked at the expectant faces. He looked toward Ben. "I expect you to stay alert, date or not." Then he turned back to Justin. "As for you, stay out of trouble. The very instant I say it's time to leave, that is exactly what you will do. No fuss, no questions asked."

 

"Yes Sir, Mr. Bodyguard. Anything you say," Justin purred. He smiled as he watched Brian shaking his head as he left them to go order dinner.

 

"I know what you're up to, Justin. It's not going to work. Brian won't break his rules, not even for you," Ben told him flatly, staring him down with disapproval in his eyes.

 

"We'll see, Ben. Oh yes, we'll see," Justin said, with a calculating smile. Babylon, yes that was the key, Justin thought. It would be at Babylon that Brian would see just what levels he would go to; Brian would be so tormented with lust he would give into it. Justin smiled in anticipation. Yes, Brian, tonight will be the night.

 

TBC