- Text Size +

Chapter 12


“Brian, love,” Justin said softly in his ear and then moved his mouth to Brian’s and pressed his lips gently against his. It was only a matter of seconds before Brian’s arms came around Justin and pulled their bodies together. As Brian’s hands moved down Justin’s body, Justin moved his mouth for a moment.  “Brian, I would like nothing more than to make love but Emmett will be here in thirty minutes and my mom and Molly will be here in an hour.  If we want to shower without Em joining us we better get in there.”

“Oh, why so early?”

“Well, I have heard something about a party here tomorrow? We’ve invited about 70 of our closest friends.”

“Why didn’t we just run away and get married? Oh, wait, we did!” Brian groaned as he rolled out of bed. 

Ten minutes later they stood under the steaming water.  It was a decent shower but it wasn’t very roomy and a couple more shower heads would be nice.  Brian was washing Justin’s back when he said quietly, “This shower is going to be the first change I make to the house.  I want to double the space and add more showerheads.”

“That sounds perfect,” Justin said as he pressed against Brian.  “Bri, it’s not too late to invite your mother, maybe your sister.” Justin turned and reached up to touch Brian’s cheek.

“Should we invite your dad at the same time?” Brian pulled him closer, “I’m sorry.  That wasn’t fair. You’re situation was far worse….’

“No, Brian, not worse, different. I am looking forward to seeing Debbie and, of course, Michael and Ben.”

“I told them they could stay here overnight if they like.  Of course, Debbie and Vic will be here for the wedding but they will go home. Mel and Lindsay are staying tonight and tomorrow with Gus.  Ted and Blake are using one of the rooms tomorrow and, of course, your mom and Molly will each have a room. I think the party might go on late and we might all be lushes by the end of the night. I know it is our wedding night but….”

“That sounds perfect, Brian.  I plan to celebrate our love every night.” Justin kissed him and then reached back and turned off the water. “Is there anything you have to do today?”

“I have to run back to the office.  I left our clothes there.”

“Brian, that’s not like you.  If I didn’t know better you did it on purpose so you could get out of helping decorate for the wedding.”

“I would never do something like that...Oh, ya, Em is obviously sleeping over, too and I would guess James may join him.  That fills up all our bedrooms.”

“Just let me know when you are leaving and keep in touch.”

“I plan to leave after lunch to do my errands.  I will be back by 5:00 for the rehearsal.

“You better be!” Justin finished dressing but Brian kept trying to undress him. “I will see you downstairs soon,” he said as he broke away.  “I have to keep going.” 

Brian watched him walk out.  He could see Justin was fighting one of his headaches.  He tried to hide it but Brian knew the signs now.  He hoped Ronni did, too.


Ronni looked up from the stove and poured boiling water into a cup. “Your tea will be ready in a minute.  I put a couple extra things in it today.  You cannot afford one of your headaches today.  You make sure you take time to drink a couple more of these today.  I’d rather you be a bit high than in pain.”

“Veronica, what are you feeding me? Is this illegal?”

“Of course not.  No one in the U.S. knows what it is?” She set the cup in front of him, “It is nothing dangerous in the quantities I give you.  The most it would do is give you a bit of a buzz.  You said your medicine keeps you groggy.  Would you rather feel like that?”

“Of course not. Emmett, my mother and sister will be here soon.  My mother will help you with anything she can and so will Molly.  They will be sleeping here until Monday.”

“That is good.  You need family around. Will Brian have any family…”

“Brian will have friends that are better than his family, although I tried to get him to invite at least his mother.   His father passed away a couple years ago but I don’t think he has spoken to his mother in two years.  He never had a good homelife and once she found out he was gay she couldn’t stand to be near him.  Brian won’t admit it but he has a broken heart.”

Ronni blinked away tears, “I could never...how does a mother do that? Even though I don’t understand…..James is my life.” She went silent for a moment as Justin finished his tea.  “And Justin, Brian’s heart might have been broken but he has found the right glue to put it back together.”  They both fell silent as Brian popped around the corner.


Emmett had texted James who rushed to the back gate to let him in.  Since he was bringing things in for the wedding and it was easiest to come from the back.  James waited for Em to arrive.  They had talked every night but they hadn’t seen each other for over a week.  They still hadn’t managed to have that first date James prayed they at least got their second kiss in a few minutes. The more they talked the closer James felt to him. He heard the van before he saw it but Em barely had the van through the gate before he was out of it and walking into James’ arms. The kiss went on and on and as James pinned him to the brick wall  Emmett’s phone sounded.

“Oh, Jamie, I….fuck….I need to get this.  It’s Justin.” Emmett answered the phone while James’ arms came around his waist and his mouth came to Emmett’s free ear. “Hey, Sunshine, I…...oh god…..”

“Let me guess. You have arrived and James is letting you in the back gate or are you letting him in yours?” Justin laughed as Brian’s voice came over the phone next.  “My Sunshine,” he said with emphasis, “will be in the backyard in about 10 minutes so if James is going to have his way with you, he better have it quick.” Brian hung up.

“Oh, Jamie, tonight.  We will figure a way to be together tonight.”

“Yes, Emmett.  Tonight you will be mine.”

Emmett put a hand on both of James' cheeks and kissed him gently, “I already am, Jamie.”


It was a busy day.  Emmett had a couple friends decorating the backyard while he went back and forth between the yard and the kitchen.  Ronni made everything look easy.  Dani sat by the counter helping with appetizers.  Ronni forced Justin in the seat next to her and as she kept everything else going she made special teas for Dani and Justin.  “Thanks,” they both said as she sat it in front of them.

Dani, looked over at Justin, “You have a headache?”

“No, I would if it wasn’t for her. I am trying to stay calm and whatever she added to this today, is doing just that.  How are you feeling?  You look very tired these days.  Everything is alright with you, right? You aren’t keeping quiet so you don’t interrupt…”

“No, Justin.  The last couple days you and Brian have been pampering me.  I am guessing that was Veronica’s doing?”

“She was right.  We had gotten so wrapped up in our excitement.  I want you to know how thankful we are to you.  I am so excited to meet our son.  And I am so glad you are going to work in Haiti after this.  When Ronni mentioned it, I knew you would be so good with the kids there.”

“I am so excited.  Thank you for helping me get my passport.”

“Not a problem.  Once Mel told them why you wanted it they could rush it through.”

Brian popped in and kissed Justin.  “I am heading to the office.  I will be home by 5:00.” 

Justin grabbed his hand, “Please make it 4:30 so I don’t have to worry.  We are supposed to go through the ceremony  at 5:15 and I don’t want to ….”

Brian pulled him close  and kissed him soft and sensually, “I will be home before 4:30.  You are not allowed to worry.  Love you.”

“Love you, too.”

Ronni watched Brian walk out and saw Justin helping Dani to the sofa.  They really did love each other.  It wasn’t  just the sex with them but they had to be the exception, didn’t they?

Justin realized as the day went on he felt very relaxed.  He wasn’t sure what Ronni was having him drink but he didn’t care.  He had no sign of a headache and life couldn’t be more perfect.


Brian felt bad for lying to Justin but the jeweler had pushed him to the last nerve.  He had almost gone to another jeweler to see if they could help him but at the last minute he was promised it would be ready today at noon.   They better be.  He designed them with the designer. They were  two vines intertwined with diamonds inset throughout.  He also got them each a simple band.  He knew the designer band might catch on everything and when Justin was painting or working in clay, he still wanted him to wear a band so these were almost like a woman’s set.  They could wear both or each one separate. He walked into the boutique and the expression on the owner’s face instantly had Brian worried.

“Don’ tell me….” Brian’s voice was rising.

“No, Mr. Kinney they are here.  Just moments ago the designer rushed in with them.  I think you will be very pleased.”  A box that looked more like it held a bracelet  was set  on the counter.  Brian reached for it and flipped it open.  A light came on and lit the four rings.  On each end was the plain ring while the vine bands were physically entwined.  Brian blinked back the emotion he felt.  They were perfect. 

“Mr. Kinney, we talked about it but I wasn’t sure what was decided but I hope you don’t mind.” He reached over and pulled out the plain band and tilted it so Brian could see the inside.  “This is Justin’s.” Inside it said Brian, My love, with the date of their actual wedding in Canada. “I know the standard would say all my love, Brian but he is declaring his love to you by wearing it and you are declaring  that he is your love.”

“Oh, thank you.  I….they are all perfect and I hate it but I have to run.  I have a wedding rehearsal to get to.”  Brian headed straight home.  He thought he would have enough time to show Justin before the rehearsal.  He hoped he would. Had he done the right thing? He knew he should have taken Justin with him.  He was nervous now but they were stunning. 

“Brian, thank goodness you are home and thank you for being early.  Emmett just came in saying there was an issue with the arch we are having our ceremony under.  It is so beautiful but as Em and his crew were setting it up, something just snapped and now….”

Brian pulled him close and kissed him.  “We don’t need anything but the two of us.”

“I know, Brian, but this will be my only wedding.” 

“I am more of a problem than a solution but I will go out and see if I can help.”  Brian slipped the ring box to Ronni as he walked passed and left the house through the back door.  He had just gotten into the side yard and found Em in the arms of James. “And I thought there was a major problem?”

Em jumped back a half step but didn’t break contact with James, “Oh, honey, it would have been if it wasn’t for this amazing man.  James knew just what to do. It is better than it was when it got here. He saved my balls.”

“Well, from what I could see he saved them for himself.” Brian laughed.  “If you don’t need me, I am going back to the house.  I have just enough time to  shower and change before the rehearsal.”

“Tell me you got the rings, Brian.  That beautiful husband of yours deserves …..”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I did my job,” Brian sprinted back to the house only to find out that Justin was laying down for fifteen minutes. 

“Leave him.” Ronni continued to work on some food.

“But I have to show him our….”

“Oh, the mystery box you threw at me.” She handed the box to him, “May I have a peak?”

Brian held the box and opened it. The rings were stunning.

“They are perfect for the two of you.  Before I forget, I have given Justin a little extra relaxer today.  It is keeping him calm.  I think he will do fine tomorrow.”

“Thank you, Veronica.  I know we haven’t talked about a permanent job yet but I think we would like to keep you on as a housekeeper or nanny or both.  I think once the baby is here we could use more help.  I will have an agency….”

“Brian, I had a baby at 15 and worked a full time job at the same time. After a twelve hour day working with the baby in tow, I then cleaned several homes in the evening.  I will let you know if I need more help, I promise. And the first couple months are the easiest.”

“Thanks, Ronni.” Brian took the box and moved toward the steps.

“Brian he needs his rest.”

“I’ll join him, not interrupt him.”

Thirty minutes later Brian and Justin were coming out of the shower.  They had picked casual outfits tonight. They both wore jeans and polos. It was just a small group tonight.  Lindsay and Mel were bringing Gus, their ringbearer, the officiant, Molly and Jenn, and the rest of the estate residents along with Emmett.

Veronica was asked to make a simple meal since she had done a lot of the food for the party, too.  She had refused to tell anyone what they were having but both Brian and Justin didn’t think she followed directions well. She never had much out at once but all day she had been making a little something here and a little something there. 

Both Brian and Justin had noticed Dani was really quiet all day.  While Brian was gone, Justin had spent time with her.  She admitted she was getting nervous and it was upsetting her stomach.  She had even called her midwife but was reassured this was normal for everything going on.  She had gone in for a check earlier in the week and although the midwife said it might be a week earlier than expected, she still had a minimum of two weeks and it still could be four. She just needed to take it easy. Justin let her know again how thankful they were.  Two men would have a tough time adopting if it wasn’t for her kindness.  And he would keep the baby in the family.


Justin began to move toward the door but Brian stopped him.  “Sunshine, wait.  We need a couple minutes and they can’t start without us.”

“What is it, Brian.  I was sure I heard Gus and his moms arrive.”

“Will you just sit,” Brian snapped, and then he took a deep breath, “please.” Justin sat in a loveseat near the fireplace without saying anything.  “I’m sorry. I just have something for you, well for us.”  He pulled out the box.  “I want you to see these before Gus brings them to us.” He opened the box.  “And I thought it would be a good idea if you made sure they fit.”

Justin was stunned.  “Brian they are stunning.”  Brian picked up Justin’s two and put them together.  Somehow they linked together but came apart as easily. Brian slipped it on his finger.  

“How do they feel? Are they comfortable?”

Justin put his arms around Brian’s neck and then Justin shifted so he was sitting on Brian’s lap. “How did I get so lucky?  How did I end up in the arms and bed of Brian Kinney?”

“Because you got into his heart and found out just what he needed.”  After a few more moments, Brian pulled back a bit.  “We probably better get downstairs.”

Justin stood up.  “I love you, just in case I forget to say that later.”

“I love you, too. Sunshine.”


Brian and Justin found Ronni and Dani in the kitchen. They were going to have the meal ready for after the rehearsal. After a short conversation, they strode hand in hand down to the side yard where the ceremony would be held at 1:00 tomorrow. 

“This is really beautiful,” Justin said in a whisper.

Brian stopped and took him in his arms.  “Is it everything you want it to be?”

“You’re here. Our friends will be here.”

“Daddy!” Gus’ little voice called out and then came barreling into both of them.

Justin bent down and scooped him up. “Hey, Gussy, are you ready to be our ring bearer?” He kissed the pink cheek.

“I’m the ring bear….grrrrr!”

Brian pulled his son into his arms and kissed him, “You are going to be the best ring bear there has ever been!” 

After greeting Lindsay and Mel, they went through the ceremony. They let Gus practice a couple times and had a back up plan in case he was too frightened with all the people there.  Out of the corner of his eye Brian saw Emmett and James.  They couldn’t keep their hands off each other. He leaned over and whispered in Justin’s ear, “Those two need to get it over with.  Tonight in the pool house?”

Justin turned and kissed him, “That sounds perfect.  We will come up with a reason to call James back after he has gone with Ronni to the house.”

“Daddy, you kissing Jussy again?”

“Yes, I am and I plan to do it often. I love Justin.” Brian picked him up.

“I love him, too.” Gus leaned over and kissed Justin.

“Oh, Gus, that is the best wedding gift you could have given me. Can you take care of your dad for a couple minutes for me?  I need to go talk to your Uncle Em.”

“I got this!” Gus said, looping an arm around Brian’s neck.

Justin walked over to where James had Em against a tree, his long dreadlocks cascading down his back and one hand on Em’ cheek.  “Excuse me, gentlemen but Brian and I have a gift for you.”

James took a step back, “A gift?” he looked at Emmett and then back at Justin.

“Yes, tonight James is going to be a busy night for you.  I’m afraid we want you on duty up at the main house.  With the added guests we would hate to think someone might slip in.”

“Alright, sir, I will plan on….” 

Em interrupted, “I know that look, Sunshine.”

“Em, you are going to be sleeping, all by yourself, in my studio, and James, it is the studio we want you to guard. We will let your mom know that you are staying up here for our protection.”

Both men kissed one of Justin’s cheeks and then kissed each other once more. “I better go see if I can help Dani and Mom get dinner on the table.” James started to move to the main house and Em followed. The officiant, along with Gus and his parents, moved toward the main house.  When they came around the corner and could see the patio by the house they were stunned.  There were lit candles everywhere. There was a table sagging from the weight of the food and then there was room for them to sit at a couple different tables. 

“Oh, Ronni, we said something light and simple.”

“For you, I had to make some traditional food we would have at family get togethers.” Justin could see soup and a stew.  There were fried plantains and fried chicken along with rice and a couple types of bread. There was a smaller side table filled with sweets and fruits.

“This all looks so amazing,” Lindsay said as she helped Gus get some food. Justin made sure Dani got her plate and helped her to her chair.  Once he knew she was comfortable Justin and Brian went past the table and filled their plates and went back to sit with Dani. As they ate both of them realized Dani was very quiet. 

“Dani, are you feeling Ok?” Justin rested a hand on her arm.

“I’m fine, just very pregnant and uncomfortable because of it. It seems like I am always hungry and then I get heartburn when I eat.” She changed the subject.  “Isn’t this food amazing?  I have been sampling it all day.”

“This is really good.” Brian and Justin ate off of each others’ plates so they could try a variety.”

Once everyone had eaten their fill and the officiant had left the bourbon and wine came out.  Emmett and James helped Ronni clean up the food and then came back out to join the others.  Dani was the first to say goodnight and then Ronni stood, “I have an early morning.  I think I will head home.”

“Oh, Ronni,” Brian commented casually, “I forgot to mention, I want James to stay up here tonight.  I don’t expect Craig to try anything but to be safe I want him here in the main house.”

“Alright then, I will say goodnight,” Ronni kissed the top of James’ head.

“Mom, I will walk you back.  An extra security sweep is never a bad thing.  I can make sure the back gate is secured since we used it a lot today.  

“I think I will walk with you if you don’t mind.  After all the food I ate I need to move a bit,” Em said as he put his arm around Ronni’s shoulders. “I hope you will take me up on my offer to help with my catering company.”

“Emmett, I would but I have been offered a nanny job right here but I have been talking to a friend who knows some excellent cooks right here in Pittsburgh.  I will get you in touch with them.”

“Well, I guess I have to let Bri and Sunshine have you because they are going to need someone like you to help them.” Em let his arm drop and over the top of Ronni’s head he made eye contact with James.  He could hardly believe in about an hour he would be alone with him.  He felt like giggling. He felt like a school boy.  They said goodnight to Ronni and then walked on to the back gate to make sure it was like and then they took the back path to get back to the main house.


Brian kissed Justin and whispered, “I’ll be right back.”

Justin sat with Gus on his lap chatting with Mel and Lindz, “So tell us about this James that Em is bat shit crazy over?” Mel asked as she pulled Lindsay closer.

“He is a great guy and perfect for Emmett.  He is quiet and steady and do I have to mention beautiful? Em deserves someone like him.” Justin kissed Gus’ curls as he hummed to him.

“Where did Brian go?” Lindz asked as she put her head on Mel’s shoulder.

“I think he went to the pool house to get it ready for Emmett.  He is a big softy.” Justin rocked back and forth as Gus fell asleep.

“Brian is a softy because of you. For two years he was slowly dying inside and now he has come back to life.  And you are really going to have a baby in a month?”

“I know it's hard to believe. Mel, have you heard anything about the court case?”

“What I’ve heard is they are trying to make a deal.  I should know something by the end of this week.”

“And what kind of deal do you think they will offer?”

“Justin, you are getting married tomorrow. We can talk about it later.”

“Talk about what?” Brian came from the dark.

Justin tilted his head up and Brian kissed him, long and deep. He brought his mouth to Justin’s ear, “I want you so bad.”

Justin kissed him again.  “Why don’t I bring this little one to bed and then I do want to check on Dani.  I’ll meet you in the bedroom in about half an hour, forty-five minutes?”  Justin stood easily with the little boy in his arms.

Mel stood, too.  “I’ll go with you.” She kissed Lindsay, “I’ll see you in a bit.” Mel and Justin walked together to the house while Brian sat down next to Lindsay.  

Brian pulled her into his arms.  “Do you hear voices?”

“I think Em and James are sneaking in the back door.  They aren’t very quiet.”

“I don’t think Emmett has ever waited to have sex this long.  I have a feeling we’ll be able to hear them in our bedrooms later. Lindz, I have never been happier in my life.”

“I have never been happier for you, Bri.  You have grown into an amazing father and will soon have a second one.  Brian, I need to ask you something.  Do you think…..I have been offered a conservatorship in London and Mel knows a law firm that will take her on.  We hate to do it but we will both be extremely busy and Gus... It wouldn’t be fair to him so I would understand if you can’t.  We would just stay here but if you think you can handle it…. Ronni is very impressive and if you have her helping with the kids….”

“Oh Lindsay, it would be a dream but I have to talk to Sunshine.”

“Of course you do.  Talk to him. Talk to Ronni.  We have to give and answer September 15 and if it is a go we would leave about October 1st.”

Brian leaned over and kissed her, “Thank you, Lindz.  Thank you for trusting me.”

“Look at this bedroom,” James said as he and Emmett walked in, hand in hand.  Candles were lit all around and there was champaign in a bucket waiting for them.

“I bet it was Justin.  He is sweet that way.” Emmett walked over and began to unbutton James’ shirt. After each button he placed a kiss on his expansive chest. He pulled the tails out of his trousers and then peeled the shirt off.  Em slowly ran his hands across his shoulders and then down his arms. He stepped closer and their lips met.  He reached for James’ belt buckle but James took a step back.

“Let’s open the bottle.  It’s early and we have all night.”

Justin had left Gus sleeping in a makeshift bed on the floor of Mel and Lindsay’s bedroom and then went to check on Dani.  He knocked softly. “Dani? Are you awake?”

“Come in, Justin.”

“I just wanted  to check on you.  You didn’t eat much tonight and…”

Justin saw her cringe. “Dani, are you in labor?”

“I’m not sure but, I think so!” she bent over as a pain washed over her.

“I’ll tell Brian to get the car.  Can you get dressed or do you need some help?”

Dani breathed through the pain, “Just get Brian and then come back and I’ll tell you where my go bag is.”


Em and James each had a glass of champagne in their hands.  They half laid, half sat on the bed.  Emmett’s shirt had been removed at some point but both still had their pants on.  They touched and kissed but each time Em went to undo James’ fly James deterred him. When they each emptied their glasses Em put his hand on James’ hip and leaned against him. James' eyes widened a bit as Emmett pressed himself against him.  It was obvious James was nervous.

“Jamie, have I done something wrong or forgotten something?  Everytime I move to get you undressed, you stop me and I’m way past stopping.”

“Oh, Em, I want to.  I do, but, you have had so much more experience than I have.  I have only….I have done this with plenty of men but in most cases this is when my mother’s words came to me and….  I have never been serious and, yes, I have had sex but I have never topped and I am so worried I will do something that you don’t like or that hurts you.”

Emmett took his empty glass and set them both to the side and reached over and undid his own fly and slipped out of his trousers and then his briefs before laying back down next to James.  “You are not going to hurt me and if you do it will only be on the way to pleasure.  Please take off your pants and have your way with me.  I will guide you if you want but James, you will not do anything that scares me away.  In fact, you will probably have to get a restraining order to ever get rid of me.” Emmett reached over to James’ fly and this time James didn’t stop him.


Justin rushed out to the pool to find Lindsay in Brian’s arms.  “Bri,” his voice sounded frantic.

“Sunshine, you know Lindz and I….”

Justin interrupted him, “Brian, Dani is in labor.  Get the car.  We will meet you in the garage.”

“Shit!” Brian jumped up.  “I’m not going to miss this son’s birth.”

Lindsay stood and gave Brian a quick hug.  “Keep in touch.  Let me know if there is anything I can do.”  Brian rushed off to get the keys and the car.

Justin sat in the back with Dani and helped any way he could as Brian flew down the empty road. 

“Justin….” she panted, “how much further?”

“Brian?” Justin looked at him.

“Ten minutes? I told Lindz to call the police and tell them what I was driving.  Hopefully….” Brian didn’t have time to finished his comment when a police car pulled out in front of them and started its lights and sirens. “I hope they are here for us.”  Brian floored the gas pedal, just keeping up with the police.

“I don’t think I can wait! I need to push!”

“Come on, honey.  You need to hold on.  This baby could be very small.  He is safe where he is but as soon as he comes out…..”  Justin saw the look on her face and knew they didn’t have much time.

“Dani, I can see the sign.  Just hang in there.”

The police officer waved at them as they turned into the emergency room.  “We’re here, Dani.  You did so good, honey.” 

“Oh, god, Justin I ….” she screamed loudly.  Brian was already moving toward the door and grabbed a wheelchair that was sitting there. He heard someone inside yell that he couldn’t take that.    He knew someone would be right behind him.

 Brian opened the door next to Justin. “Sunshine, slide out.  I will get her.  You hold the chair.” Justin followed direction and Brian pulled her out and carried her to the chair. By now an orderly had come to get the chair and saw what was going on.  As soon as she was in the chair, the orderly pushed and Justin was right behind.  Brian caught his hand and kissed him. “I’ll park the car.  Love you, daddy.”  Justin ran off after Dani. 

Dani’s midwife was waiting for them inside the door. “Well, Dani, I thought you had plans this weekend?” She smiled at Justin.  “Let me get her settled and then I will come get you.”  With that she pushed Dani into a room. 

Justin paced back and forth between the room and the door, looking for Brian but before he arrived, a nurse came out.  “Are you Justin?”

He nodded, “Yes, I am.”

“Well, if you want to see your son born you need to come now,” the young nurse said.

Justin followed her in, “Oh, Justin…..” Justin rushed into the room and wrapped his arms around her.

“Justin, slide in behind her.  Support her back.  It is only going to take a few good pushes and your son will be here,” the midwife smiled reassuringly at him.

“Is he big enough to….”

“We aren’t going to worry about that.  Dani has been a very good nurturer for all these months and you and Brian have supported her, taking care of her….This baby has a better chance than most.”

“Oh god, Justin…..” Dani grabbed her knees and bore down. He moved against her helping her push through.

“Oh, I see the head.  One more push and we will see his sweet face.” 

Justin kept glancing at the door.  He wanted Brian there.  He didn’t want him to miss it.  As if he conjured him up, Brian came rushing through the door with an orderly on his heels. The midwife glanced over his shoulder.  “Ah, the other father,” she nodded at the orderly who turned around and left.  “You are just in time.  Ok, Dani, another push and we should have head and shoulders.”

Brian moved further in the room and stood holding Dani and Justin’s hands. 

“This is it, Dani, push.” Brian moved down a bit further and Dani pushed Justin to one side.

“Go, go to Brian,” she said through gritted teeth. Justin kissed and slipped out while a nurse moved in to support her. Brian pulled Justin into his arms and as Brian looked over his shoulder, they watched their son come into the world. He was small but he was crying before he was in the midwife’s hands. 

The midwife turned to them and after quickly wrapping him in a towel she handed him to Justin.  Brian looked over Justin’s shoulder and saw the little boy that looked so much like Justin already. “Brian, would you like to cut the cord?” Justin looked at him and nodded. Brian took the scissors and clipped it. Then Justin moved toward Dani. 

“Dani, he is so beautiful.  Would you like to hold him?”

“Not right now.  I do want to hold him but this time is for you and Brian.”

“Gentlemen, let us clean him up a bit and then my nurse said there is an empty room down the hall that is usually for waiting families but the two of you can use it to get acquainted with your son.


Emmett pressed his naked body against James’. He was perfect. As their mouths explored Emmett’s hand rested on James’ tight ass. “Jamie, I am so ready for you.  Please,” he slipped a condom over James’ large erection and then he stood and pulled James up. He kissed him and then softly said, ‘make love to me, Jamie.” 

As he positioned himself on the bed and as Jamie very tentatively slowly entered him. Emmett could only wait so long before he pushed himself backwards quickly making himself take in a sharp breath but then he was in heaven. James went on and on.  Em had never felt so used by the time James cried out, but used in the best way possible.

They each had another glass of bubbly before making love again.  This time James was more confident.  He was still gentle but took charge. This time Em was looking into James’ eyes as he moved forcefully in and out. As they both came to the edge James shouted, “Emmett Honeycutt, I love you! I don’t care what my mother thinks.  I love you.”


Justin and Brian had removed their shirts and as Justin lay in Brian’s arms, Aaron lay on his chest with two sets of arms holding him in place.  “Are we ready for this?” Justin said in a hushed voice.  “Did we take on too much?”

“Absolutely not and you don’t know half of it.”

Justin looked up at Brian, “What are you talking about?”

“When you came to get me, Lindsay had just asked if we would take Gus for the rest of the year starting in October. They both have a chance to work in Europe. Of course, I told her I had to talk to you.”

“Oh, Brian! We can have both our boys.  Gus will know he is his real brother.  I think that is perfect.”

“I think we will run it past Ronni.  I think we need to hire a housekeeper, too.  She will be busy with the boys.”

There was a soft tap on the doors. The young nurse walked in with a bottle. “It looks like your son is pretty content right now but he may get hungry soon.  And Dani wanted me to remind you, you have a wedding to go to in a few hours.”

“What time is it?” Justin had sat up abruptly making Aaron react a bit. Justin kissed the top of his head and made some soothing sounds.

“It is 4:00 a.m.  It’s been a quiet night and Dani and I have been chatting.  She doesn’t want you to change your plans at all today.  She wants to watch over Aaron for you while you get married and enjoy your friends.”

“Is she awake?” Brian asked.

“She just fell asleep but I am guessing she will be awake again in the next hour.  Feed your son and I will let you know when she wakes up.”

“Thank you. Have any of the tests you ran on him come back?”  After Brian and Justin had had a few minutes with Aaron they had taken in for about half an hour to do some tests they needed.  He was tiny but other than that seemed healthy.

“Your little guy is perfect in every way,” she smiled at them.  “See if he is hungry and I will let you know when Dani wakes up.”

“Brian, do you think we should cancel the party today? Shouldn’t we stay….”

“We should get married.  That little boy will be well cared for and we have the rest of our lives to watch over him.  Let Dani do this for us.  I honestly think she wants to.” Brian kissed Aaron’s soft head and then kissed Justin, exploring his mouth thoroughly with his tongue. When he stepped back he took Aaron from him.

“You’re right. We will give them time together before she leaves.  And if it is too hard for her I know the staff understands and I can see Mom and Molly coming over here after the ceremony, especially if I ask them.”

“Do you think your mom is really Ok with this?”

“She will be.  Look at that face.  He will melt away any doubts she has.” 

They sat down and Brian started feeding the little boy who took to the bottle immediately. “I guess we should talk about middle names.  We decided on Aaron but we have talked about several middle names.”

“Bri, would you hate it if I wanted Craig?”

“Sunshine, are you sure about that?  After what that man put you through?”

“I know you don’t understand the whole family thing but I still have good memories of him.  When I was young he was a good dad and it is my middle name. And some day, when he is old enough, we will tell him everything and I would like Daniel in there for Dani.”

“If that is what you want, it is fine with me. Brian kissed the infant again, “Well, Aaron Daniel Craig Taylor-Kinney, we love you. We did decide on Taylor-Kinney, right?”

“Yes.  I think it is easiest for us to keep our names but he will know he belongs to both of us.’

“He definitely does.”

After Aaron completed his bottle the nurse took them to Dani and took Aaron for a diaper change.

Dani had moved to a very nice room on the edge of the maternity ward.  She looked a little tired but she looked calm and relaxed.  “How is your little boy?”

“He is just perfect. Dani, how can we ever thank you.”

“There is nothing you need to do for me.  You have done so much already.  I’m sorry this happened on your wedding day.”

Brian walked over and kissed her cheek.  “Don’t worry over that.  Gus was born on the day we met, well the day after we met but the first day we were together so it is fitting Aaron is born on this celebration day.”

“Dani, are you sure you don’t mind having him with you today?”

“Not at all.  We can get to know each other a bit before I leave the hospital tomorrow.”

“The loft is yours until you go to Haiti.  Don’t rush it.  You need to recuperate from giving birth.”  Brian squeezed her hand.

“Thank you, Brian. Now,” she looked over at Justin,  “go home and sleep a couple hours before all your friends arrive. Tell Jenn she’s a grandmother and Molly that she is an aunt.”

“You know they will be here before the wedding.” Justin smiled down at her.

“They should be.  Aaron is part of their family.”

Justin held her hand and sat on the edge of the bed, “I, we want to ask your permission.  Is it alright with you if we name him Aaron Daniel Craig Taylor-Kinney?”

She swallowed hard.  “Oh, I….. yes, that is perfect. Now, get out of here.  We will be fine.  I will send you a picture or two throughout the day and I don’t want to see you until tomorrow morning when you can take your little guy home.” Both Brian and Justin kissed her and hand in hand walked out of the room.  


James woke and thought he was in a dream but slowly he remembered where he was and the feel of the warm tongue on his cock was not his imagination. As Emmett’s mouth took his whole shaft in his mouth, James' body began to react.  He thrusted upward and soon got into a rhythm.  When he came in an explosion, Emmett seemed to know just what to do to cause him even more pleasure. Em moved up and James pulled him close.

“Did you really say you loved me last night?” Em said before kissing him.

“Is that alright? I know it's crazy but I know I love you and if my mom can’t accept it…..”

“Oh James, I think I love you too but I don’t want you to do anything drastic.  I think we need to give Ronni a little time to adjust.  That doesn’t mean we care about each other any less but you do love your mom, as you should.  Hell, I love my mom and she can barely stand the sight of her queer son.  Your mom will get it.  She just needs a little time and I have waited for nearly 30 years to find you.  I am willing to try not to drop my pants in front of her and beg for that amazing cock of your. ”

James looked horrified for a moment and then smiled. “Oh, Emmett, I can already see an adventure beginning. I would love to stay in bed with you all day but I need to get to the main house before Mom comes looking for me.”

“I will let you get caught up with her before I come to the house.  I will have deliveries arriving soon so I do need to get going.”


As the sun began to peak above the horizon, Brian and Justin crawled into bed.  Justin set the alarm for 10:00 a.m. giving them three hours to sleep.  Brian moved up behind Justin and Justin moved making it known what he wanted.  Brian slipped inside of him and they fell into a deep sleep knowing that their lives were about to change.  Could life get any better?