- Text Size +

Chapter 13


Justin woke and realized Brian was still inside of him. Brian must have felt him clench around him and he began to move slowly. Until they both climaxed.  Then, Brian spoke for the first time, “Good morning, Sunshine.  How are you feeling? Not too tired I hope.”

“I’m not. I’m excited to see all our friends together for the first time but I miss Aaron.  I think I should run back and…”

“I am sure your mom and Molly have already left for the hospital.  They will give us a report when they get back.  I think you and I need to pull something on and make sure nothing has to be done before we come back and shower for the wedding. He had already slipped on some pants and a shirt. Justin followed suit and together they moved down the steps. 

The instant they saw James and Emmett’s faces in the kitchen they knew the deed had been done. If for no other reason, the way Emmett walked across the kitchen made it obvious to them. And the way James watched him walk told them the rest. Those two had it bad.

“So, you have a new son!” Ronni came over and hugged them both.  “He is small but he is alright?”

“The tests say he is perfect, only  a little small.  Aaron will come home tomorrow,” Justin smiled as he talked about their son. “Ronni, do you think you can take care of two boys full time? Mel and Lindsay may be going away for a bit.”

“Speaking of Mel and Lindsay and Gus, where are they?”

“They are out playing on the property, trying to get rid of some of his energy before a short nap and then dress up for the wedding.  You both need to eat something.” Ronni pointed at the stools by the counter.  There was a small area there that wasn’t full of wedding prep so they sat down and instantly some rolls and fruit appeared.  Then a cup of coffee for Brian was set down and an extra large cup of tea for Justin.

Brian looked at Justin and could see the strain in his face then. “I should have noticed.  Sunshine, is it bad? We can still cancel.”

“Absolutely not! I have a feeling Ronni has this well brewed for me this morning.”

“I think it will help.  Take one of your pills, too. I know you will drink some but just sip the stuff until the party is winding down.  I am afraid the combination would knock you out quickly.”  

Justin saw Ronni’s eyes follow Emmett and James as they went around the corner of the house.  “Is something wrong, Ronni?”

“What could be...I don’t think James was watching the house as you asked him last night.  I think he may have wandered and… tell me about your friend, Emmett. I… never mind.  I shouldn’t bother you, not today.”  She turned her back on Brian and Justin.  

Justin began to get up but Brian put his hand on his thigh and got up instead.  He walked over to Ronni and slipped an arm around her waist, “Ronni, Emmett is a very good man.  We grew up in very different areas with very different families and very different attitudes.  We both knew we were gay as children, like most do, but where I ‘looked’ normal, Emmett has always been big as life. Emmett doesn’t have a cruel bone in his body, even though his family and community took every chance they could on treating him like shit, Emmett took it and as soon as he could get out, he did.  I think he still calls his mom on her birthday as well as sends gifts at Christmas and Mother’s Day but he doesn’t call often.  She has to do the if onlys and but you could be… He hasn’t seen her in about a decade.  He has so much love to share. I have no idea what James and Emmett have planned but, Ronni, I know how much you love James.  How much are you willing to lose to keep your stubborn beliefs?”  He kissed her cheek and turned to Justin, “Ready to get ready for this wedding? We have less than two hours.” 

Justin took his hand and together they walked up the steps. When they got in their room Justin turned and faced him.  “What you said down there, that was perfect.  She needed to hear it but you did it with love and tact. No wonder I want to raise Aaron, well and Gus, with you.” They kissed and undressed each other before heading to the shower together. They both got quieter.  They dressed and primped.  It was about noon when there was a knock on the door. 

“Honey, it’s Mom and Molly.” 

Justin and Brian looked at each other and then Justin said, “Come in.” 

The door opened and Molly flew at Justin.  “Oh, Justin, he is so perfect and I love the name Aaron.  He is so cute. Can I come babysit sometimes?”

“Whoa, Mollusk, we have years to put you into slave labor with our children.  Mom, how are he and Dani?”

“They are both great.  Tomorrow you are taking him home?”

“We are but today we just have  so much to celebrate.” Brian encircled Justin’s shoulders from behind.

“You both look great, by the way.  You both deserve the best day ever. Come on, Mol, let's go down and greet the guests.”

“I’ll be right there, Mom.  Brian, can I talk to Justin alone?”

Brian smiled at Molly, “Jenn, let me walk you down.”  He turned and kissed Justin, “I’ll see you downstairs, Sunshine.”

Molly shut the door and then turned to Justin.  “Why did you name Aaron after Dad? After all he did to you, why did you do that?”

“Well, it is my middle name, too, but I mainly did it because, even though I will never be close to him, if it wasn’t for him, I won’t be here and you wouldn’t be here and…..” Justin stopped himself.  He would tell her the truth sometime but he didn’t have time to do that today.  “I could be angry the rest of my life but I refuse to do that.  I doubt he ever thinks about what he did except when he thinks about his punishment.”

“Justin, do we know anything about the court case. I am so tired of this hanging over all of us.”

“He is trying to make an agreement and if he does that could mean we go back to court within a couple weeks but Molly, you don’t have to go.”

“Yes, I do.  You’re my brother and he kept you away from me and Mom.” She hugged him, “I’m sorry.  There is a party going on down there in honor of you and Brian.  Let’s go.”


Brian had barely landed on the main floor when Gus hurled himself at him. Brian picked him up. “Hey, sonny boy, how are you today? Are you ready to be the ring bear?”

“Yep, where’s Jussy?”

“He will be down in just a few minutes.” Brian set him down and they talked about what he was going to do at the ceremony.   

There was a tap on the back door and when Brian looked at the door he saw Michael and Ben standing there. “I will be right back, Gus.”  Brian got up and rushed to the door and into the arms of his oldest friend.  “Michael, it has been a long time since I’ve seen you.” The two friends kissed longer than was comfortable for anyone else. Brian tried to step back once but Michael kept holding on. Finally they separated, “Ben, good to see you.” He shook his hand. “When did you get back in town?”

“Well, we are just in town for the weekend. Ben has taken a job at Georgetown for the year.  We are living in D.C.”

“Wow,” Brian turned to Ben, “Good for you! I’m glad you could make it.  We just wanted to celebrate with our friends even though we got married two weeks ago and, Michael, we had another son last night.  He showed them pictures of Aaron on his phone.

“Oh, Brian, he’s beautiful but why would you take on a child now?  That sounds like Justin’s idea.”  Michael commented.

“There’s a story behind it but now’s not the time.” Brian heard the door open behind him and there stood Justin. “Sunshine, get over here.”

Justin walked over and hugged Michael, “It is really good seeing you, Michael.  I am sorry we haven’t gotten together earlier.  It has been a crazy few months.  And with my dad being loose until recently….”

“I understand.  We were out of the state anyway,” Michael commented.

“I’m Ben.  Great to finally meet you.” Ben extended his hand and Justin shook it. “I hear congratulations on a new son is appropriate.”

Justin’s face lit up, “Yes, Aaron is very small but he is healthy and will be coming home tomorrow. Life is good.  I’m anxious to get to know you, Ben.” Justin looked around and saw his mom waving him over.  “I am being called.  We will talk tonight.  Brian, tell them about their bedroom,” and Justin was off.

“He looks really good, Brian.  I had heard he was having trouble talking and walking.”

“He has worked really hard and our son’s mother was a big part of his recovery. He has a ways to go yet but other than the headaches he gets he has done very well.” 

Emmett and James started directing people to the side yard where chairs were set up for the ceremony.  Jenn and Molly took their place in the front row along with Melanie, Lindsay, and Gus on the other side.  Behind them sat Ted and Blake along with Cynthia and her date.  Emmett, James, and Ronni sat behind Jenn and Molly with Ben, Michael, Debbie and Vic behind Ted and Blake.  

The remainder of the friends and relatives filled in the other chairs.  The officiant stood under the archway and hand in hand Brian and Justin walked between the rows of chairs. As the ceremony started Emmett leaned against James. With Ronni focused on what was being said Em snuck a quick kiss on James’ neck.  His focus went back to the front when Brian started talking.

“We are so glad you could join us today,” Brian said, addressing the guests. “We were married two weeks ago in Canada but today we want to declare our love in front of those who are important to us. Brian turned back toward Justin and took his hands, “Sunshine, I thought I had lost you for two years and once I had you back, I knew I could never be without you.  If it hadn’t been for your family supporting me and for my son, I wouldn’t be here today and I wouldn’t be here with our family. I never dreamt of happiness like this.  We now have two sons and a beautiful home but most importantly, we have each other and as long as we have that we have the world.  I love you, Justin Taylor and I am so honored that you want to call me husband.”

“Justin, do you have anything you would like to say to Brian?” the officiant smiled at Justin and he began to speak.

“Brian, darling, I was beaten and then lied to and I was foolish enough to think it was the truth.  Your patience since day one has been unrelenting.  You have held me through the good and the bad and when I mentioned we should adopt a child before I could even be trusted to walk on my own you never said no.  And last night as our son came into this world small but a fighter, I knew he was ours.  Oh, Brian Kinney, I didn’t want to live until I knew you wanted me to live with you.  I love you.” By now nearly everyone had tears in their eyes or spilling down their cheeks.

“The love in this garden is obvious.  Do you have a symbol of your love you would like to share?”

Brian stuck his hand out to Gus who came running over to him with his little hand curled into fists. Brian bent down and hugged Gus and took the rings out of one hand then Justin dropped to one knee to hug the little boy and took the rings out of the other hand. He then whispered something in Gus’ ear and Gus nodded energetically.  He then turned to the guests and in his strongest three year old voice he grrrrrr’d at the guests before running back to his moms. When Justin stood up, Brian saw him blink and reached out and took hold of Justin’s elbow.  He glanced at the officiant who took the cue.

“Brian, please slip the ring on Justin’s finger.” He did so. “Justin, it’s your turn.” Justin put the rings on Brian’s finger.  “And now because of the love these two have for each other please give a hand to Brian Kinney and Justin Taylor, partners until death separates them.” 

Brian pulled Justin into his arms and they did what they do best.  They kissed.  Brian knew Justin needed a minute to get his balance and then he needed to get him away for a few minutes. Hopefully, Ronni would follow them and do her magic.  As all this ran through his mind, took a slight step away from Justin and quickly slipped his arm around his waist. 

As Brian and Justin walked down the aisle all their friends cheered and clapped.  As soon as they  turned the corner Brian rushed Justin into the pool house.  Emmett appeared out of nowhere.  “I’ll get the guests over to the food.  Ronni is on  her way with a cup of her magic. Take a few minutes.  James and I have crowd control.  Five minutes later Justin had the tea in his hands and Ronni was rubbing his temples and making soothing sounds as she did so.  She stopped so he could take another swallow and ten minutes later Justin was ready to join the guests.

“Sunshine, are you sure you can do this?  We can make it short and send everyone home.”

“Bri, I’ll be fine and once we are down to just the gang, I can go to bed if I need to and you can stay up and enjoy yourself.”

“I am not sending you to bed alone on our wedding night but we don’t need to talk about that now.  Ronni, thank you.”

“I am glad I could help. Now, I will make sure everything in the kitchen is going smoothly and then I am going to celebrate with your friends.”

“You deserve it,” Justin kissed her. “Enjoy the evening.  Tomorrow we have an infant in the house.”

“And Tuesday I will get more help hired,” Brian assured her.

“Brian, I don’t need more help.  As long as you have someone to clean this beast of a house, I will be fine.  And we can talk tomorrow about which room I will move into.”  And with that she was gone.

Brian hugged Justin.  “Ready, Sunshine?”

“Yes, let’s go find our ring bear,” he grrrrd like Gus had and they walked out to the guests laughing.

Veronica walked into the kitchen and heard something in the hallway on the other side of the kitchen wall.  She looked, expecting to find a lost guest looking for the bathroom but instead found James and Emmett.  James had Em pressed against the wall with one hand behind Emmett’s head while Em’s hands were on James’ ass pressing his pelvis tighter against him.

“Oh!” it was out of her mouth before she realized it and she turned and rushed back to the kitchen.  Just out of instinct she grabbed a cloth and started wiping down the counter and organizing things.

James looked at Em and took a step back.  “I have to find her.”  Em nodded in understanding but they were both surprised when they saw her right around the corner.

“Manman,” James used the Haitian term for mother, “please, I didn’t mean for you to see that.  We,....we….”

“Veronica, the last thing your son wanted to do was have you walk in on that.  Yes, we are attracted to each other and we hope for this to go somewhere but we don’t want you to get hurt from any of this.  We hope you will give us your blessing but we can’t ignore our feelings.  We will respect your space and we will keep our distance in public spaces.”  Em kissed James’ cheek and then Ronni’s before he walked out to check on the servers before becoming just a guest for the rest of the night. 

James stood near his mother, “Manman, I really care about him and you have been my everything up until now but please, don’t make me choose between the man I love and the woman who gave me life.”

Ronni looked up at her son.  Her emotions were all over her face.  “I….we will talk later.  I need a drink.”  With that, Ronni ran a hand through her hair and straightened her dress before walking out the door and grabbing the first drink she saw.

James was shaken.  He knew this day would come but today? He had to go into work mode. He would deal with this later.  He made sure he went the opposite direction from Emmett.


It was a couple hours later.  Brian and Justin had mingled for about half an hour and then Brian made Justin sit and they sat down and let their guests come to them.  At one point when it was just the two of them Justin brought his mouth to Brian’s ear, “Did you see Emmett come out alone and then Ronni followed? She hasn’t stopped drinking and Em looks lost.  James seems to be missing.”

“Well, I hope James is working but I know what you mean.  I’ll try to make a round in a couple minutes.  Don’t look now but Debbie is on her way over.  Do you mind if I desert you once she moves in and I will do a little scouting?”

“Sure,” Justin kissed Brian and it went on until they heard Debbie.

“You two will never change.  I’m so happy for you two!  I knew it from the first time I saw you together.  Sunshine, you were so young but so much wiser than this one.”

“Well, thanks, Debbie, I love you, too.” Brian stood and kissed her cheek.  “I need to say goodbye to some business associates. Please keep Sunshine company.”  Brian walked off and Debbie sat down next to him.

“Oh Sunshine, I couldn’t believe it when I heard you were alive.  That so-called father of yours deserves anything he gets.  How could anyone…..I can’t imagine locking Michael away from his friends.  He was just a fucking idiot.  He always has been.”

“Debbie,” Justin laughed, “I am glad you haven’t changed.”

“How are you, Sunshine?” She saw he was focused on something across the pool.  Brian had Gus on his shoulders as he walked from guest to guest. “I never thought he would settle down but as soon as he thought he had lost you, he changed.  He thought he had lost, well to be honest, the only human that would love him for who he is and that could see his heart and not just his dick.”

Justin hugged her, “I missed you Debbie.  I didn’t realize how much.”

“You had a headache earlier, didn’t you?”

“Yes, but it is much better.  Ronni is a great herbalist and she has helped me a lot. I will go to the neurologist sometime soon but I postponed it because we had so much going on.  Have you seen pictures of our son?” Justin and Debbie continued to chat as he showed her pictures. 

Brian handed Gus off to Molly who was going to try to get him to take a nap while Brian caught Emmett near the pool house.  He shoved him inside. “Brian Kinney, you had lots of opportunities to have your way with me but on your wedding….”

“Shut up, Honeycutt.  What is going on? Where is James?”

With that Emmett’s facade collapsed, “Oh, Brian, it was horrible.  Well, it was beautiful and then it was horrible. We were just kissing  but Ronni caught us and… I gave them time together but I haven’t seen him since and she is getting drunk and…”

“I am going to talk to her but at least all this is a distraction for her.  Em,  I’m on your side and I have told her that. You two belong together. It’s obvious, even to an asshole like me.”

Em smiled at him, “Thanks, Brian, because I hope to be seeing a lot more of you. Now go.  You can’t leave Sunshine with Debbie forever.  His headache will come back.” Emmett impulsively hugged Brian before they both left the building.

Next Brian located Ronni and headed toward her. This was Justin’s specialty, not his but he would do his best. He casually  moved to her side where she was talking to a business associate of his along with Cynthia and her date. Brian talked for a couple minutes and once he was assured that Ronni was not too drunk he moved on to locate James.  He found him in the security room to the side of the house.

James nearly jumped out of his chair when Brian arrived.  “Hey, I told Em I would check on you.  You know you don’t have to stay in here.  If anyone had planned to crash the party they would have by now. Or are you avoiding Emmett?”

“I am not avoiding him.  I’m avoiding my mom. She just...did Em tell you what happened?”

“Yes and I still think your mom will come around. She believes in true love.  I hope a little time will be all she needs. I really like Ronni but she knows she won’t be working here if she doesn’t get over her homophobia.”

“Do you really think she will accept Em and me?”

“I think her love for you is stronger than anything else. Now, go find Emmett.  I think your mom is about to head to your house anyway.  And tomorrow she will move into the main house so you will have your privacy.”

“Oh, that will be good.  Do you think Em will move…”

“All I will say is he is welcome to stay if you two decide that’s what‘s best.  Now I’m going to go find Justin and the real party is about to start.  Grab your trunks. The pool will be in full swing.


When the last of the wedding guests had left and it was just the gang left the party vibe changed.  Everyone was directed to their rooms for the night and were told the next part of the party would start at 5:00, which gave them all about an hour to do whatever they chose.  Jenn and Molly said their goodbyes so they could go see Aaron and Dani once more before going home.  Jenn had taken the time to pack up Dani’s clothes and Ted and Blake would bring it to the loft in the morning so she could go directly to the loft.  If Jenn had missed anything they could get it to her or she was welcome to come get it herself.

Brian made Justin lay down and curled up behind him. “Today was perfect,” Justin said drowsily, “except for the headache.  Thanks for saving me.  I would have taken a nosedive if you hadn’t held my elbow.”

“My pleasure, Sunshine.  Now, shut your eyes for 30 minutes so the headache doesn’t come back.” Justin guided Brian’s hand over his heart and held onto it there.  Brian woke him by gently biting his neck.

“Careful, we don’t have time to finish that.  Let’s get our trunks on and see if we need to get dinner out or if Ronni came back to set it up.” Justin turned and kissed him.  “What happened today?”

“I’ll tell you while we change.” Brian explained how Ronni walked in on Em and James.  “She is just coming to terms with it.  I really think her heart will lead her to the truth.” He turned and saw Justin in a small Speedo. “God, are you really going to wear that?”

“I am.  I like it and don’t have the chance to wear it often but in front of our friends I don’t mind.”

“What happens when I take it off you in public?” He put his hand on Justin’s crotch.

“It wouldn’t be the first time they saw us have sex.”

“But now we make love and I have to admit, that is much more personal.” Brian kissed him with such passion Justin almost changed into trunks when he was done but he decided he didn’t care who knew how much he loved and wanted Brian.”

They slipped on robes before going down to the kitchen.  “Well, glad to see you looking so good, Justin.  Your headache is still gone?”

“Yes, thanks to you I could enjoy the party.  Is Gus with his moms in their room?”

“No, actually Gus went home with Debbie and Vic.  She is quite the character.  I liked her very much.”  Ronni smiled as she thought about the brash woman.

“Did the two of you talk?” Justin asked.

“She has a strong opinion about everything, doesn’t she.”

“She is always going to say what she thinks,” Brian joined in.

“Yes, I realize that.  I have the food all ready.  Most of it is on the table out there,” she pointed to the deck area.  Some of it is in the refrigerator and there are additional snacks there if you need more.  I am going to the house and finish packing and then get a good night sleep so I am ready for your son. Do you have a room for him and furniture with supplies?”

“It will be here in the morning.”  Brian commented.

“And my mom is shopping for him.  I am sure by the time he gets here, she will have a whole wardrobe for him,” Justin added.

“Well good, I am sure your mom remembers what it takes to care for a baby. Now, I will be back in the morning to make breakfast for everyone before sending them off.”

“Thanks Ronni, for everything you’ve done.” Justin said as she waved and walked out the door.


An hour later they had all been in the pool but as the sun went down it began to cool off.  James started the fire pit and everyone either changed back into clothes or wrapped up in robes Brian and Justin made available. Mel and Lindsay talked about going to Europe and Michael and Ben told everyone about the move to D.C. The group was going to get smaller.  Emmett and James sat  together in a lounger.  Em rested his head on James shoulder until James got up.  

“I am going to do a quick check and make sure everything is locked up for the night.  You stay and enjoy your friends,” James said and kissed him before leaving in a jog.

Once he was out of earshot, Ted said, “Em, how’d you snag the hotty.  I mean he is an almost perfect specimen of a man.”

“Am I such a loser that I can’t get a beautiful man?” Em responded.

“Em, you know I don’t think that way.  I am so glad you found a nice guy who happens to be gorgeous, too.”

“Um, Ted, if you’re not careful, you are going to give me a complex,” Blake said with a smile.

“You are the perfect man for me, darling.” Ted bent and kissed Blake, “and since you said something, Blake, what do you say you and I do this someday.”

“Have a pool party? That would be difficult since we don’t have a pool,” Blake kissed him again as Ted sat down next to him.

“Blake, I’m in no hurry but, will you marry me?”

“I, oh Ted,” Blake stumbled over the words.

“You don’t have to decide right now. I just want you to know, I love you and I want this for us.  Of course, I can’t afford an estate but….”

“Yes, Ted, I’ll marry you.  I have loved you for a long time and I want to spend my life with you.” 

The whole group cheered and Brian jumped up, ‘Well, that calls for more bubbly, if there is any more chilled.” Emmett went with Brian into the house to check out the wine fridge.  “So, are you and James…”

“He is tormented.  He is sorting through his love for his mother and I think I should let him go because I don’t want to ruin that bond.”

“Emmett, you see him for who he truly is.  If Veronica can’t, he will never have his own life.  You need to think of that.”

“And I am afraid if she gives him an ultimatum….”

“Just be there, Em, and we are here too.”

“Thanks, Brian.  I think he is talking to her right now.”


James had checked the back gate and then he stopped at the guest house.  He stood by the door for a moment before going in.  He walked in and found his mother sitting on the sofa with a glass of wine.  She looked surprised to see him. “Jamie boy,” he could tell that was not her first glass, “I didn’t expect to see you tonight.  I thought you had chosen where and who you were sleeping with.”  There was an edge to her voice.

“Mom, I was going to tell you about us but you would just tell me to find the right woman. Mom, I think the right woman for me happens to be a man. If anything, today should have shown you that love is love. Brian and Justin’s friends love each other as much as any couples I have ever seen.  Mom, say something.”

“James, I need you in my life. I never really experienced love as an adult and I want something different for you. Please, be patient with me but I can see he cares about you already and if you are bringing him into the family.  He is family.”

“Oh, Manman, I love you.  I didn’t know how I would choose between you. I love you but I need Emmett.”

“Go, find your Emmett.  I will see you in the morning and the house will be yours alone or a romantic home for two.”

James wrapped his arms around his mom and kissed her. “Thank you, Mom.  I will come by in the morning to help move your things to the main house.”

“Yes, now go. I am going to bed soon.  I have a group to feed in the morning.”


Emmett helped bring out the champagne and after toasting to Ted and Blake, he slipped away to find James. He was about half way back to the guest house when out of nowhere a shadow moved his way.  “Whoever it is, I'm armed and I have a big, boy….”

“Em, it’s me.” James slipped his arms around Emmett’s slim body.

“Oh, am I glad to…” James stopped his words by crushing his mouth with his own. By the time James backed up a bit Emmett felt like he had no bones in his body.

“You’re armed?” 

“I….kiss me again.” Em moved his head closer to James and he did as he was asked. This time he was gentler and he coaxed Emmett’s tongue into a dance that brought both of them to the brink.  When they stepped apart they hung on to each other for balance. “Jamie, are you telling me that Ronni….”

“Mom sent me out to find my Emmett. Are you mine, Emmett?”

“Oh, Jamie, really? She gave us her blessing?”

“Well, she told us to be patient but she said she wants me to be happy and you make me so happy.”

Together they walked back slowly to the main house hand in hand. “We were wondering if you two were going to join us or if you went straight to bed,” Ted winked at Em.

“We just wanted to say goodnight before we go to bed.  Congratulations again, Brian and Justin and Ted and Blake, let me know when you want me to plan your wedding.”

“We will, Em, but I don’t think we are in any hurry although if Blake said tomorrow, I’d be ready.” Blake ran his hand down Ted’s cheek and rested on his chest. He leaned over and said something.  Ted stood, “Well, all, we are calling it a night.” He grabbed Blake’s hand and they were gone.

“Well, I don’t know what Blake just told him but it was obviously a favorite,” Ben smiled over at Justin and Brian.  “I thought the two of you would have gone to bed already.”

Michael jumped in, “It’s not like there is anything new to do!” He smiled but realized no one else was laughing.  “I just meant you were actually married a couple weeks ago.”

“Michael, let’s go to bed.  I can think of something better to stick in your mouth than your foot,” Ben stood and swayed a bit.  “Ok, ya, I have had more to drink than I have had in a long time. Come on, Michael, take me to bed.”  Michael stood and they leaned on each other as they walked toward the door.

Soon Emmett and James went to the pool house leaving Mel, Lindsay, Justin and Brian out around the fire pit. Brian put one more log on the fire and pulled an almost sleeping Justin against him, kissing his temple.  “Do you want to go to bed, Sunshine? I just thought we should work out some details about Gus coming.”

“That’s fine, Bri, as long as I don't have to say much,” he closed his eyes and they knew he was asleep.

“You know, Brian, he looks twelve when he is like this,” Lindsay commented with fondness in her voice. 

“Hope you know how lucky you are that man loves you,” Mel added.  Then she softened her voice.  “You are made for each other.”

They spoke softly about Gus coming to live with them and as they did, Justin shifted and put his head in Brian’s lap. Brian rubbed his temple as Justin laid there.  “How is he, really?” Lindsay asked.

“He has gotten most of his motor skills back.  Still working on some of the fine motor skills but the headaches are still coming on.  Thankfully, Ronni has an herb mixture he drinks that seems to really help but the last two days have really caught up with him.  But you don’t have to worry about Gus.  I have a housekeeper hired so Ronni will only have to watch the boys and  if she wants to cook a bit she can.”

“Brian, we know you will take care of Gus.  We know how much you love him.”

“Mel, I know you don’t have to be around for the court case.  You have just been helping Justin but do you think it will be done before you leave.”

“Brian, I am fairly sure there is a plea deal that will be settled before the end of the week.”

“Any idea what they are looking at?”

“I’ve warned you it might not be a lot.  He will get time but I doubt he will get more than three years.  And it could be as little as six months.”

A soft voice said, “And Chris Hobbs?”  Justin said as he sat up.

“Justin, it is very likely he will be let out before the end of the month.”

“Ok,” was all he said. “Brian, I’m ready to go to bed now.”

“You two go ahead.  We will make sure the log is out before we go in,” Mel said as she pulled Lindsay close. “We may just…” the women started kissing so Brian stood and guided Justin to the house.

Minutes later they were in bed. Brian lay on his back and Justin put his head on Brian’s chest, “Sunshine, are you ok with Hobbs getting out?”

“I know he has spent two years locked up in hard core prison and although he hurt me, I honestly don’t think he was trying to kill me.  He was a confused kid.” Justin slid down further and soon had Brian’s dick  in his mouth.  As Justin slowly ‘nursed’ on Brian’s cock, he fell sound asleep.

Brian gently took his cock out of his mouth. He would go mad if he couldn’t cum but Justin’s warm mouth was around him.  He slowly moved him up and held him in his arms.  As he drifted off himself he realized this would probably be the last uninterrupted night they would have in a long time.


The next morning, breakfast was available starting at 8:00 a.m.  Brian and Justin  were the first downstairs.  They had heard from the hospital that Aaron could be picked up anytime between 11:00 am and noon.  Since no one else was downstairs yet, Brian slipped into the office to verify the delivery of the furniture while Justin sipped his tea. 

“Ronni, James said you talked to him last night.”

She nodded.

“I understand this is hard for you and if you want to talk about it of even have questions about, well, gay sex, I am willing to talk to you and Brian would, too.  I understand it is a whole different lifestyle and I can imagine your uncertainty.”

“Thank you, Justin.  I don’t think I want details but it is what you and Bria n said to me and just how you are together, that really did make me understand.  I still need to work through some things but I know I want my son happy.  That is the most important thing to me in the world.”

“You won’t be sorry, Ronni. Em will be a wonderful addition to your family.”  

Ronni stiffened a bit and went into professional mode when Ben showed up in the kitchen. “Hey Ben, did you sleep well?”

“Yes, we did.  In fact Michael is still sleeping.”

“Would you like a cup of coffee or tea?” Ronni asked.

“Tea would be great, Ronni.  Thank you so much.” Ronni set a container full of teabags in front of him as well as a small carafe of hot water and a warmed cup.

“Justin, I will be back shortly.  I have some laundry to take care of.”

“You take as much time as you want. I know everything is ready. Ben, would like something to eat or do you want to wait for Michael?”

“I think I will have one of these rolls while I wait for Michael to arrive.  I have some medication I need to take.”

“How are you doing? I know that you are….”

“Positive.  Yes, I am actually doing really well.  The new medications are very good.  Brian’s not still sleeping, is he?”

“No, he is in the office making sure the nursery furniture will be here today. Ben, I don’t mean to be rude but, what do you see in Michael?  It is obvious you are an extremely intelligent man and one look at you tells us you could have your pick of men.  Why Michael?”

“I know Michael doesn’t always think before he speaks but I think you know how big his heart is.”

“Yes, he does.  I know Debbie was his real mom for many years while Joan treated him like shit. And if it wasn’t for Michael taking him home who knows what would have happened.”

“I know what you are really asking, Justin.  How can I love him when I know a part of him will always love Brian?” Ben took a deep breath, “I guess we all have things we just agree to accept.  You have to accept how many men Brian has slept with.”

“Yes, and I didn’t hesitate falling in love with him.  It was just right.”

“Exactly.  There is something about his innocence that I fell in love with along with all his foibles.”

“I’m glad because I think our life would have been a lot messier if Michael would have still been searching.” Justin reached over and hugged Ben.

“Did you already forget what your husband looks like?” Michael said sharply as he walked into the kitchen.

“No, we were actually just talking about you. Brian,” Justin said loudly down the hall, “we have guests ready for breakfast.  Like magic, Ronni appeared and opened up all the pans of hot food and pulled out bowls of fruit. Brian appeared and soon the kitchen was bustling with people.  Ted and Blake looked blissfully happy as did Em and James when they came in from the pool house.  Mel and Lindsay also came down but they grabbed coffee to go and each took a roll.

“Thanks for the hospitality.  We have a little boy to pick up and packing to start. We’ll be in touch.” After a round of hugs and kisses they were gone.  The old and new friends sat around the big kitchen table for another hour but then  it was time to start  moving.  Brian and Justin needed to pick up their son while Ted needed to meet Dani at the loft with her belongings and a key.  Michael and Ben had a house to pack up themselves so everyone was busy.

Brian and Justin were about to go before they realized someone had to be sure to be in the house when the furniture arrived.  Emmett said he would wait for the delivery and show them where to put it because James and Ronni could be moving her stuff to the main house. Once they were sure they had everything arranged they left the house.  They were making one stop, to get a car seat, before going to the hospital.


It was just before noon when Brian, Justin, and Aaron arrived at home.  They weren’t sure how she managed it but the birth certificate, which they would have  in a couple weeks would not have a mother listed and Justin was listed as the father.  No matter how hard they tried they could not get Brian listed on the official document.  They would get him added as legal guardian very soon.  

When they pulled up, Jenn and Molly were there to meet them. Between them and Emmett they had set up the furniture and the little cradle they had bought was sitting in front of the fireplace in the great room where the family room and kitchen was.  Ronni had set up a changing area in the room Dani had moved out of and there was a crib set up in there also.  

Justin looked at that crib and questioned, “Where did this come from? I have never seen this before.”

Ronni smiled, “It was in the guest house.  I knew James would have no use for it and soon it would come in handy here.”

“That is will.  Thanks, Ronni.  This little one will need some lunch soon and then it will be time for a nap.”

The day went on and Jenn took Molly home mid afternoon.  She would start school the next day and Emmett eventually went home, too. After an early dinner, Brian and Justin took their son up to their room.  They had bought a small cradle to go in their room and assured Ronni they would take care of their son tonight.

As they got in bed exhausted from the last three days, Justin looked at Brian and softly said, “Love me.”  Without a verbal response Brian pulled him close and soon Brian was deep inside him and they moved as one. After they had both cum and Justin pulled Brian close they lay there silently.  The only sound in the room was the sound of Aaron making the noises only a baby can make.  

“I didn’t know I could love more than I love you but now with Aaron and of course, Gus, I realized there is always more love to be found.” Justin said as he ran his fingers through Brian’s hair.

“Then why couldn’t my parents love me,” Brian said softly as he held onto Justin more tightly.  Justin continued to brush his hair with his fingers while he felt a dampness on his skin.

 

“Darling, you will never feel unloved again.  I promise.”