- Text Size +

Chapter 14


By morning, Justin was exhausted and his head was splitting.  Aaron had done well for a two day old but Justin slept for about the first hour and then listened to Aaron’s every noise.  He also kept hearing Brian’s sadness.  If he ever saw Joan or Jack, he was worried  about what he might say or do.  Brian was a wounded child that never deserved what he was dealt.  He always shrugged it off but deep down there was a part of his heart that was shattered and Justin knew there was no way to make it whole but he hoped it would mend.  

He slipped on a robe but had to sit again to get his bearings.  He wanted to take Aaron downstairs so Brian could sleep but at the moment he wasn’t steady enough to do that.  He lifted him up and cradled the little boy against him. He could barely keep his eyes open even though the light coming through the window was faint. He knew he had to get downstairs and drink some of Ronni’s mixture but he was nervous he couldn’t make it himself let alone with a baby.  As if out of nowhere the bedroom door cracked open and before he realized it Ronni was gone with Aaron. She nodded toward the door and nodded her head toward the door. 

Justin got up slowly and moved very carefully until he was outside the door. He pulled the door shut and then leaned against the walls with his eyes shut.  “Justin, can you make it down the steps?” Ronni stood at the top of the steps cradling Aaron close.  “Take it slow.  Sit if you need to.  I will get the brew started.”  Ronni moved down the steps.  She wanted to help him but he had his pride.  He usually knew what he could and couldn’t do.  

It took several minutes for him to make it downstairs.  She had not seen it this bad since the first time. “You are going to drink this and then you are going to lie down until your husband can get you  to the doctor. My tea helps but it isn’t going to fix it if it is broken.”

“I can’t go to the doctor. I don’t have time. I have a new baby to…”

“You have a new baby to get healthy for, and you have hired me to help out with this precious soul.” She cooed at Aaron as he drank his breakfast. “He is so perfect. Don’t laugh but he reminds me of my Jamie boy.  Obviously, James was much more handsome,” she winked at Justin, “but he had the same sweet disposition.”

Justin continued to sip the tea but he had to admit he felt horrid.  Ronni knew it, too.  She texted Brian, hoping he would wake to his phone.  Justin looked very pale and she was sure he needed to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible.  She wandered over and laid Aaron in the cradle before walking back to Justin and slipping an arm around his waist she guided him to the sectional near his sleeping son.  “Lay down.” Justin didn’t have the energy to fight her. 

Moments later Brian came downstairs.  “What the hell is so important that….”

“Shush!” Ronni said quietly but with authority.  “Your son is sleeping.” She nodded Justin’s way.  Even softer she said, “He needs to go to the doctor, now.”

Brian’s demeanor changed from grouchiness to concern. He moved directly to Justin’s side, “Sunshine, is it bad?” Justin just nodded.  

“Is there someone I can call so they are waiting when you get there?”

Brian fumbled in his wallet and pulled out the neurologist’s card.  “Call him.  I will be down in five minutes and I’ll bring clothes down for Justin.  Sunshine, I will be right back. Don’t worry about anything.”  As Brian went to their room he was thinking about last night.  He had added so much stress to Justin last night.  When he got like that he knew Justin got upset.  He had a family now.  He couldn’t crumble because Mommy and Daddy didn’t love him. His children would never doubt his love.   Brian grabbed  some clothes for Justin and rushed back down.

Twenty minutes later they were in the vehicle on the way to the specialist.  Brian didn’t ask how she had done it but he was to take Justin directly to his office and they would see him before office hours.  Brian was worried.  This reminded him of the first few days they were together.  It had taken him a couple weeks to get it under control then but now it was like he was starting over and it was his fault.  He shouldn’t have ….. Shit! He knew he couldn’t have changed any of it but he was supposed to protect him.

“Brian, you aren’t to blame,” Justin said softly. He reached over and took Brian’s hand. If you want to blame someone, blame Hobbs, blame my dad...blame me.  I should have gone in last week. Neither of us could know that Aaron would come early and that there was so much going to happen.” He quieted down again and closed his eyes until they arrived.  

Brian helped him into the building and then directly to an exam room. They drew blood and then did a couple scans while they waited for the results.  They gave Justin a shot for the pain and soon he was high as a kite.  “Bri, come lay by me.  I want you next to me,” he said very loudly.

Brian smiled and moved over and laid next to him on the narrow bed.  Justin pulled Brian’s head to his chest.  “I’m sorry, Brian.  No one had the right to treat you so badly.  You were a little boy.  You needed love.”  Brian was glad he drifted off at that moment. Even in his pain, Justin was thinking about him.  That’s why he loved this man.

Brian got up and sat in the chair holding Justin’s hand until the doctor returned. “What did the tests say? Please doctor, tell me he will be alright.”

“Mr. Kinney, your husband,” Brian was sure he just rolled his eyes saying that, “Justin appears to have a partial blockage….” the doctor saw Brian go pale.  “I know he is an adult but I am used to dealing with his father. Is he available?  I think I would feel more comfortable speaking….”

“May I speak to you in the hall,” Brian didn’t give him an option.  He took the man’s arm and nearly drug him out of the room. Once in the hall Brian stepped away from him. It took all of Brian’s willpower not to lose his temper.  

“Mr. Kinney, I….”

“Doctor, I appreciate you coming in early for Justin this morning,” Brian said through gritted teeth, “but MY HUSBAND,” he emphasised, “was kidnapped by that loving father, telling his whole family he was dead.  He will be going to jail for that very soon. And, sir, you may not approve of our lifestyle, but that man in there is the reason I breathe every day and we just had a beautiful son join our family so, sir, tell me what is wrong with Justin.”

The doctor looked indignant but remained professional.  “I think we will be able to take care of this with a small procedure. I think….”

“I think we will get a second opinion before we let anyone cut into him again.”

“Mr. Kinney, this is nothing to mess around.  It is a simple surgery. You would be stupid to….”

“Can you suggest someone we could see for a second opinion?”

“Sir, this is not….”

“Never mind.  We will be out of your way as soon as Justin is awake.”  Brian dismissed the doctor and entered Justin’s room and got on his phone.  He texted a client who worked in the medical field. Once he had done that he called Ronni and was told Aaron was being the perfect child.  One less thing to worry about.  Justin was starting to stir when his phone rang.  It was his client that said he could go see another doctor In 30 minutes if he could get Justin over there.  


Thirty minutes later Brian was sitting with a sleepy Justin at the second doctor’s office of the day.  Brian had a thumb drive with the scans from earlier and they were waiting for the specialist to look at the results.  By the time they got called back Justin was awake and his headache had subsided.  As they sat in the office waiting for the doctor, Justin sat next to Brian and took his hand, “Brian, all this isn’t necessary.  My headache is gone.  I was just overtired and….”

“Our son deserves to have his father feel the best he can.”

“That’s not fair.  Bringing Aaron into this.” 

Brian leaned over and kissed him. “Ok, I need you.  When you aren’t feeling well, who takes care of me.” As he pulled Justin in for another kiss a middle aged woman walked in. They quickly moved apart.

“Gentlemen, sorry I interrupted but if you would like to do it again, I’m aIl for it. There is nothing I like better than to see two men in love, kissing.”

Brian smiled.  This was his kind of doctor. “So could you get the information you needed from the records we brought along?”

“I  could.  Your former doctor is definitely a jackass but he is good at his job.  However,  I think we can take care of this partial blockage with a minor procedure and then healing times.  Looking through your records I would say it is amazing you are doing as well as you are.  It is obvious your husband takes good care of you.  How long have you been married?”

“Officially we got married 16 days ago but we had our friends over this past weekend for a public celebration and we had a son born Saturday night before the wedding.”

“Well, no wonder you are reacting.  You have a new son? Pictures?”  Brian and Justin both pull out their phones.  

After she looked at multiple pictures she said, “Not to make any assumptions but, Justin, he looks just like you. What’s his name?”

“Aaron Daniel Craig Taylor-Kinney,”  Justin said.  “Is that too much?”

“That is perfect. He looks perfect.  It looks like your life has been  full of changes recently.  That could be half of your problem.  After having a head injury like yours, you are always going to be susceptible to headaches and with all of this going on…”

“See, Brian.  It will all go away when life gets into a routine.”

“Sunshine, that is not what she said.”

“Ok, guys, I need to talk details and then I have other patients waiting.  If it works for you, we can do a procedure in the office tomorrow. Then you will need a couple very quiet days.”

“And if the days aren’t quiet?” Brian asked.

“Brian, you of all people should want him to have healing time.”

Justin squeezed Brian’s hand, “Doctor, we know we are probably going to have to be in court very soon and…”

“ And we can do the procedure.  I will contact the court and let them know this is a necessary procedure and that you are unavailable until Wednesday.  I wasn’t stalking you but my husband happens to be a lawyer and he has been following your father’s case. The son of a bitch better be going away and you need to be there when it happens.”

“You can do all that?” Brian had an amazed look on his face.

“I can and I will.  Now will you do something for me?”

“Sure,  that is it?”

“Kiss again.  There is nothing hotter than two hot guys kissing.”

Justin and Brian laughed and both stood.  Brian pulled Justin into his arms and kissed him thoroughly.  Justin’s hands linked in Brian’s hair as Brian’s hands rested on Justin’s ass. When they finally separated, the doctor said, “God, I need to call my husband now.”


Justin was quiet on the way home.  The doctor had given them some literature that explained what she would be doing and showing the procedure itself was minor but then Justin would need to have nearly complete peace for at least three days. Brian pulled into the garage but before they got out of the car, Brian took Justin’s hand.  He brought it to his lips.  “You are very quiet, Sunshine.  I understand why you would be scared. You know I will be there for you every second.”

“Brian, what if something happens.  What if…..Aaron? We don’t have the paperwork we need filed in case something happens to me.  You don’t have any custodial rights? And how can I go without taking care of him for three days.  We can’t put that all on Ronni.”

“We will talk to your mom and Mel as soon as we get settled in the house.  We will see if Jenn and Molly can come out for the weekend so Ronni can have time off and I bet Mel will be able to have something for us to sign in the morning.  Nothing is going to happen to you but for your peace of mind, we will have something in place.” Brian looked over at him.  He looked pale under his tan if that was possible. “Is your headache coming back?”

“A little but I think a cup of Ronni’s tea will calm it.  I know now it is just my nerves. Let’s go in.  I need to see my son.”

Brian filled Ronni in as Justin sipped his tea and held Aaron.  “Are you sure you don’t mind being on for three days straight?”

“I have been a mother for almost 30 years.  What is three days?”

“Well, I am fairly sure Jenn and Molly will come out on Friday and stay the weekend so if you want to plan the weekend off, we will be covered plus by Sunday, if I know Sunshine, he will be ready to start normal life again.”

“I do have some friends in Pittsburgh I have been meaning to go visit. And Dani could use some company I think.  I will see about staying with her at your loft for the weekend.  But if you need me, you call.  Those angels,” she looked toward Justin and Aaron, “have found a place in my heart.”

“Yes, he has a way of doing that.” Brian’s face softened and his love for Justin was obvious. “Have you seen James today?”

“Oh, ya, he has been in and out all day.  He even fed Aaron one of his morning bottles.  Emmett has gone back to the city for the week.”

“And have you come to terms with that relationship?”

“I can see a new look on Jamie boy’s face.  I haven’t seen that look before. I don’t think …. If I tried to tell him I didn’t approve, I think I would have to expect to give up my son and I can’t do that so….I may just have two sons.”

Brian hugged her, “You're a good mom.  James is very lucky to have you. You are trying so hard.”  Brian let go of her and looked back at Justin and Aaron. “I am going to try to get him to rest.  I am guessing he will want to take the baby with him so if you want to take a couple hours off, go ahead.”  

Ronni told him when his next feeding would likely be and Brian, taking Aaron from Justin, walked both of them upstairs.  He laid Aaron in his cradle next to their bed and then he laid down with Justin on the bed. Justin immediately started undressing Brian and Brian assisted as quickly as he could.  Justin was a little frantic.  His hands and mouth seemed to be everywhere. Brian, who usually had amazing control, came three times in a short time. The last time he stayed inside Justin and held him close.  He could feel Justin’s heart raising in his chest.

“Sunshine, sweetheart, you need to calm down. Take some deep breaths.”

“Brian, I’m fine,” he took a deep breath.  “I just needed to occupy my mind for a little while.”

“Well, you occupied more than your mind. God, you are so incredible in bed.”

“Brian, you taught me everything I know.”

“You have had a natural instinct since the first night and you know it.”

“Bri, I know I have been with other men but … none of them touch me like you do.  Maybe it is because of your family that….”

“I don’t want to talk about them.”

“Brian, we need to.” He moved away enough to unlink them and turned over to face him. “I know you can’t ever forget how they treated you, but darling, it has made you the wonderful husband and father that you are.  You know what doesn’t make a family and focus on what does.” He kissed Brian so gently he wasn’t sure if their lips were actually touching or if it was just the electricity running between them.  “If something happens to me….”

“Sunshine, don’t…  the doctor said you will be fine.”

“Ok, if I get hit by a car crossing the street, I know you will take care of our sons.  You have so much love to give them. I just want you to know that I really believe that.  Now,” Justin turned away again and snuggled up against him, “I need a nap.”


The next morning, Mel met them at the hospital where the procedure will be done. She had a blanket document for them to sign.  She would write up a more detailed document for them later but for now, this would have to do.  It basically said anything Justin owned would go to his mother and sister but Aaron would be Brian’s charge.  Mel assured both of them this was legal and she would write up a more detailed document for Justin and Brian to sign later.  She also let them know that although she knew a plea agreement was decided, the case was postponed for ten days so Justin would have time to heal.  It would be on the Monday after next and by then Justin should be back to normal.  He found out that Chris Hobbs would be in court the next day although he had already been moved to a less restrictive part of the prison.

When they took Justin back Mel sat next to Brian.  “I thought you would be heading to the office.”

“I thought you might like a little company and it doesn’t sound like this will take too long,” Mel put an arm around him.   “Justin will be fine, you know.  He came back from the dead.  This isn’t going to stop him.”

“Mel, he has so much going on and so much stress.  I know he wanted to know about the court dates but, fuck, that just reminds him all this is coming up.  We have a gorgeous baby that he is scared will be left alone and, damn, he knows his mom would do anything for him but her first grandchild is also her ex husband's child. Seriously, how can she not have reservations. I was never equipped to deal with family.”

“Brian, we both know that you and I are never going to be best friends but, Brian, you are a great dad to Gus and I know you will do the same for Aaron.  Justin knows you love him and the boys.  You didn’t learn about love and family from your parents but you did learn what not to do.  I’ve told you before, you are a good father and I know you will be a good husband.” Brian turned and hugged Mel. 

“You’re right we’ll never be best friends.” He stopped for a moment before smiling at her, “Thanks, Mel, and thanks for trusting us with Gus.  It will be so good for him to get used to Aaron as a brother.  He is my son.  I will never treat him the way I was treated.”

“I know that,” Mel took his hand and they sat in silence until the doctor came back.

“Everything went as expected, Brian.  It will be about half an hour before you can go back and see him but someone will come get you and then it will be an hour or so before he is ready to go home.”

“Thank you, Dr. I ….. Thank you.” Brian turned to hug Mel and she was gone. She slipped out  as soon as she heard he was fine.  As soon as the doctor went back, Brian texted the gang and Ronni and he was just calling Jenn when she walked in the door. 

“I just saw Mel.  It went well?” Jenn hugged Brian.  She felt him holding on to her.  Her son had been broken in so many ways by her ex but this man was also broken by his parents.  She held onto him until he was ready to let go. “Brian, honey, you have a family now.  I would love to give your mother a piece of my mind.”

“She would need more than a piece.  Thank you, Jennifer.  He will be fine.  He may have a couple rough days but this should stop the bad headaches, even though he still may get a migraine once in a while.”

“I am glad you pushed him to do it. He always wants to put everyone else first but you put him first.”

“We need him healthy.  You can come this weekend?”

“Yes, Molly is very excited about helping with Aaron. I hope you know how lucky you are to have Ronni.”

“Oh, we do. I was worried she might not quite fit in but she is working on how she feels and with James and Emmett together, she has really been working to understand it and she is getting there.”

“I know it isn’t easy at first but once she gets the mind reset she will see that it is meant to be. James is who he is, just like Justin is who he is. I know I might not see her this weekend but I’ll let her know I’m here if she wants to talk and I know she and Debbie talked and even though Debbie is WAY over the top we all love her.  We know her heart is in the right place.”

“Well, Brian, I am going to leave.  I am sure two are not allowed back and he will want to see you.  Call me later and let me know how he is feeling.”

“I will, Jenn.  Thanks for stopping by.  I will let Justin know you were here and we will see you on Friday.”

“Brian, I know you know my son loves you but don’t ever doubt that Molly and I love you, too.”

“I love you, too, Jenn.”


Two hours later, Brian had Justin settled in their bed. James had carried Justin up the steps to his protests but once he was up there he thanked him for the help. By dinner time, Brian made him sit up and eat a little of the soup Ronni made.  She figured chewing would make him move his head more which might cause pain.  Once he had eaten Justin insisted on holding Aaron for a bit so Brian brought him in. He sat behind Justin helping him prop himself up and then Justin snuggled Aaron close.  

“Have you ever seen a more perfect baby...besides Gus that is.” Justin’s head dropped back on Brian’s shoulder.

“We do have beautiful children. Are you alright, Sunshine?”

“Do you really think I can be a good father to him? I mean, I can’t even hold up my own head right now.”

Brian kissed his soft hair, “You are a great father and you will just get better.  You love him and want to spend time with him.  That’s what counts.”

“Together, our boys are never going to doubt that.” Brian felt Justin’s body start to go slack and he gently helped him lay down and took Aaron from him.  He kissed Justin, “I’ll be right back.”

“Take your time,” he mumbled.

Brian walked into the kitchen and found James eating some of his mom’s soup while she finished up the dishes.  “Oh, Brian, I was hoping to grab a shower before taking over Aaron’s care.”

“Go, ahead, Ronni, Justin is sleeping and we can keep James company while he eats.” Ronnie left the kitchen while Brian sat on a stool near James.  “So, everything around the estate looking good?”

“It is.  I sent you an email just before I quit for the day with a few things I noticed and an estimate of how much it would cost to fix it.  None of it is big stuff. Since I noticed it I thought I would fix it before we have to hire to have a big project fixed.”

“I knew I hired the right man.  I’ll look at it in the morning and, if you don’t mind, I’ll give you a credit card and you can get what you need.”  James nodded as he ate. “I haven’t had a chance to talk to you since the wedding.  How are you and Emmett?”

“Thank you for the night before the wedding. When we got to the pool house and saw all the candles and the champagne. That was very kind.”

“Emmett and I have had our differences over the years but he is a good guy who deserves happiness.”

“Yes, he is kind and generous and patient. Would you mind if he moved into the guest house with me?” James hesitated, “It probably wouldn’t be right away but sometime?”

“James, that is your home and as long as you don’t start a cult out there, I don’t care what you do.”

“Brian, do you ever feel guilty because you know you are hurting Justin?”

“James, one small piece of advice.  Well, two pieces of advice. Switch places from time to time.  It will keep you aware of the pain but most of all, it will remind you of the pleasure you get or the pleasure you are giving when you top. Emmett will tell you if he is hurt beyond the pleasure. It is obvious you care about him or you wouldn’t have asked me that.”

“Do you believe in love at first sight?”

“James, I know I loved Justin the first night and I didn’t think I would ever love someone. The rest is for you to decide.” Aaron started fussing in Brian’s arms.  “I think I need to change a diaper and then get this little guy a bedtime snack. I’ll get back to you about your email.” Brian walked over to the area they set up a changing table and James went out the door.


The next several days were more of the same.  Justin sat up a little more each day but for the most part he was to stay in bed. Molly and Jenn came out giving Ronni time off and letting James and Emmett feel a little more relaxed when he came to spend the weekend.  And by the next weekend, Justin was up and moving.  He realized he hadn’t had a bad headache for a week and he was sure he would still get them from time to time but it wasn’t something he dreaded on a daily basis.  Now, if they could just get through Craig’s hearing and then Chris Hobb’s life might be able to get into a normal routine.  With Gus moving in soon, the chaos needed to come to an end so they could be a happy normal family.


Justin and Brian dressed for court.  They expected to be out of there within a couple hours and then Justin was going to try to get his driver’s license back.  He had tried while Dani was working for them but because of his headaches the doctor couldn’t sign him off.  After the surgery that was no longer an issue. 

As they entered the courthouse Mel and Jenn were waiting for them.  “Molly didn’t come?” Justin asked as he hugged his mom.

“No, I told her it was her choice but I am glad she made the decision she did.  She doesn’t need to see him be led away.” 

As Justin stepped back, cameras started flashing.  Brian and Mel scuttled Justin and Jennifer into a meeting room for privacy until they were allowed into the actual courtroom.  The district attorney popped in to let them know what to expect and then he ushered them all into the courtroom.

Craig Taylor was escorted in by a guard, still wearing his ankle monitor. He turned around and  said, “Justin, we need to…”

“All rise,” the bailiff called out and they all stood.  Craig continued to look over his shoulder at his son.  Brian moved so he would block eye contact.  The judge sat as did the gallery.

“Mr. Taylor, I plan to read the charges that you agreed to.”  Brian and Justin were aware of the agreement.  The charge of kidnapping had been dismissed so the main charge against him was fraud and forgery. He had faked Justin’s death and had a death certificate forged.  “How do you plead to these charges?”

“Guilty, your honor.”

“Now we have two victims that will speak before we go to recess and I will decide the sentence. Mrs. Jennifer Taylor will be the first to speak.”

Jennifer took her place at the podium where she could look at either Craig or the judge. She chose to look directly at Craig. “I have many things I would like to say to my ex husband but I will stick to the facts.  You took our son from me.  I grieved for him for nearly two years. Your daughter lost her sibling and her father since you made up some cock and bull story about it being too painful to see one child when you knew the other one was dead.  I know you no longer cared about me, however, not caring about your own daughter is the lowest of the low. She lost two years with her brother and then found out her father was to blame she was still willing to give you a chance but….sorry, your honor, that has nothing to do with the case.” Jennifer now turned toward the judge, “Sir, you will hear from my brave son next but what his father put him through was more than traumatic and now that it has been nearly six months he is finally getting his life back.  Please give him a sentence worth the crimes.”

As Jennifer sat down and Justin and Brian hugged her the bailiff whispered something to the judge and the judge nodded. “I was just informed there will be a third individual speaking  before the court after Justin Taylor.  I would usually have you go last but do you mind speaking next.  The last victim was held up but should be here very soon so Justin do you mind?”

“No, your honor, I don’t mind.” Justin got up and, like his mother, he faced his father.  “This all started because you couldn’t deal with the fact that I am gay.  You drove me out of the house and drove Mom and Molly out and that was alright because it was better for all of us. But then, when we all needed you the most, after I was hit in the head with a baseball bat, rather than try to give comfort you decided to make up the whole charade about my death and keep me from everyone that loves me.  For a year I was in a coma, staying in nursing homes that weren’t really set up for someone who would come out of a coma and when I started waking up, the only one that cared was someone you hired.  You would drop by once a week and tell me how my family and Brian had deserted me, that they didn’t want anything to do with me.  As my body tried to improve, my heart was chattering.  Well, Dad…” he took a deep breath, “guess what? I am still gay and now Brian and I are married and plan to raise our two sons together. I just had another surgery because of headaches I had and I couldn’t be a good father with debilitating headaches.”

“How did you get a son? Who in their right mind would let a 21 year old gay man raise a baby?”
Craig blurted out. 

“Mr. Taylor, do that again and I promise to add six months to whatever the sentence is.”  Craig sat back and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Sir,” Justin now looked at the judge, “I just hope he is locked up at least as long as he kept me locked away. Thank you, your honor.”  As Justin turned to go sit down, Dani walked through the courtroom door. Justin registered a little surprise but he covered it well as he sat down.

“And it appears our last witness has arrived. Would you like a few minutes to collect your thoughts?”

“I would, your honor.  I am sorry for my late appearance.”

“That is not a problem.  I was told the reason.  Let’s take a fifteen minute break so you can speak to the district attorney.”  The judge stood and walked out as well as Justin and his family with the district attorney.

As soon as they were back in the conference room Justin looked at Dani, “What are you doing here? I didn’t know you were on the list.”

“I called the court and explained who I was and asked to speak but then, don’t worry, Brian, but a pipe in your apartment exploded.  I got it stopped and James is over there now fixing it. I was asked to talk about your dad’s state of mind while you were in the coma. But, Justin, I think I need to say we were in a relationship and I’m afraid I might mention the baby.  I want to but I won’t if you don’t want me to.”

Justin looked over at Brian who just shrugged. “Dani, you say what you need to say.  We are strong enough to take on anything.” He hugged her.  “When do you leave?”

“Next week. I am ready to go do something with my life and I got into the master’s program starting in January.”

“That is so great.”

The DA looked at his watch, “Well, we better get back into the courtroom unless you have any questions,” he looked at Dani.

“No, I’m good. I  just want to get this over with.”


Back in the courtroom Dani stood facing Craig. “Craig you hired me on false pretenses.  You told me that Brian was a predator, that he basically drug your straight son into his loft of lust.  But as Justin woke I could tell that wasn’t true.  So, Craig, to distract me you sweet talked me. I was just out of a bad relationship and you took advantage of that. I know that was my fault.  I was an adult but you made me lie to him. I didn’t know I was lying but I was.  And then you threw me away, which by the way was the best thing that happened to me.  Your son, your kind generous son and his loving husband hired me to continue to help him.  They know what real love is and when I gave birth to the son you and I created, I willingly and eagerly gave him to them to be raised in a real family.  Aaron will never be required to do anything to be accepted. He will always be loved.”  With that Dani walked out of the courtroom, head held high.

Justin dared to look over at his father who still sat there with his mouth hanging open.

The judge called for another short break.  Craig was removed from the courtroom so the rest stayed where they were. Brian chuckled, “Did you see Craig’s face?”

“I don’t think he saw that coming,” Jennifer said softly.

“I’m sorry, Jenn, I should have known that wasn’t comfortable for you.”

“Brian, I lived with that man 20 years. I can deal with this.  And I got a beautiful grandson out of it.” Brian hugged her just as Craig came back in and sat down.  He actually looked shook and that was before his sentencing.  Justin watched him talk to his lawyer next to him and then the lawyer walked over to them.

“Mr. Taylor would like to have a few words with you.  It is totally up to you.”

“Sunshine, you don’t have to give him…”

“I want to, Brian.”  Justin stood, and walked across the aisle leaving an empty row between them. “You have something to say?”  Justin looked directly into Craig’s eyes.

“I have another son?”

“No, Dad, you don’t have any sons.  I have two.”

With that, Justin went back to sit between Brian and Jenn and Brian pulled him into his arms and kissed him.  

The judge came back in and looked at those in his court.  “I have reviewed all the records and thought about the victim statements. What Craig Taylor did to his son and the rest of his family and friends was horrible but since they took the kidnapping charge off the table, all I can charge him with is fraud and forgery.   Up until this point, Mr. Taylor also had a clean record so this is his first felony offence and the likelihood of him doing the same thing again is very unlikely but having said all that, Justin, I want you to know, if I could I would give him a much longer sentence.  Craig Taylor, stand and receive your sentence.” Craig did so. “I sentence you to three years in the state penitentiary.  You will be required to serve a minimum of 18 months. You are reprimanded to the state’s custody immediately.” The guard put handcuffs on Craig and walked him out of the room.


Brian could see how much the morning had taken out of Justin so they went to lunch where they could sit and relax for a while. They ordered their meal and then started talking about the rest of the week.  Tomorrow they would sit in a courtroom again. It would be another stressful morning.  Mel had said goodbye at the courthouse so she could go home and pack. Gus would be moving in on Saturday and Mel and Lindsay would catch a flight that night.  

“Brian, I want to go get my license and then I want to go home to my son.  Did you make an appointment for me at the DMV?”

“I did.” Their food came and they started eating.  “We have just enough time to enjoy our food and get over there.  Are you sure you want to do this today?  You look so tired.”

“Brian, I want my life to get back to normal and that is one step closer.”


They arrived at the house around 3:00 and Justin went straight to Aaron.  He snuggled the little boy close. He then walked toward the steps without saying anything to Ronni.

“Is Justin alright?” Ronni asked.

“Sorry, Ronni.  He is fine.  He is just very tired.  I think this morning took more out of him than he wants to admit.  He got two lousy years but a plus is Justin did get his license so I hope tomorrow we can look at a car for him after that court case and then, Ronni, why don’t you take Wednesday and Thursday off before Gus moves in.  We will get you a regular schedule once Gus is here and in preschool.” 

“That works for me.  It will work out, Brian.  I  know it will fall into place. Here,” she handed a bottle to Brian.  “Your son will be wanting this very soon.”

“Thanks, Ronni, what time is dinner?”

“Does 6:00  work?”

“That sounds good.  My boys upstairs will both have something to drink and then take naps before we eat.”  Ronni handed him a mug, also.  “Have Justin drink this.”

Brian kissed her cheek, “Thanks, Ronni.” 

After Aaron finished his bottle and Justin put him in his cradle. He drank the last of his cup and before he realized it, Brian took it out of his hand and set it on the nightstand.  He pinned Justin to the mattress under him and kissed him, “I love you, Justin.  You were amazing today.” He slid over and rubbed his pelvis against Justin and they both felt the others cock come awake. They both turned on their sides and were in a frenzy. They didn’t bother with taking their shirts off.  Brian managed to get Justin’s pants off and opened his own fly and without a second of hesitation, Brian entered him and, with Justin laying face down on the mattress, Brian drove in over and over.  Justin had cum twice by the time Brian exploded. He bit his lip so he didn’t shout and wake Aaron and then he collapsed onto the bed.

After they laid silently, except for getting their breathing back under control, Brian said, “I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

Justin rolled on top of him, “You could never do that.  You did manage to get me to mess up the sheets,” Justin kissed him.

“Well, I’ll help you change the sheets.”

“Let’s get them a little messier first.” Justin straddled Brian and ripped off his shirt and then unbuttoned Brian’s before bending over and dropping kisses across his chest.

“Damn, Sunshine, I can never get enough of you,” Brian lifted him just enough to reposition him over his erection and Justin sank down.

“That’s good because the feeling is mutual.”


At 6:00 pm, Brian and Justin came down for dinner.  Brian had Aaron and Justin was walking a little slower than normal.  As they got to the bottom of the steps and they walked into the kitchen.

“You did not let the boy nap.  He should have gotten some rest but instead….” Ronni stopped mid sentence.

“Ronni, sometimes other things can give you energy, too.  What can I help with.”

“Get something for us to drink.”

“Bourbon,” Brian called out as he kissed Aaron and laid him down. 

James walking in just then and Justin said, “What to drink, James?”

“I’ll have what Brian’s having.” As Justin walked over with a bit of a waddle, he looked at Brian and started laughing. “Must have been a good outcome at court today.”

“That went fine and I can promise that there was lots of cum involved this afternoon.”

At the same time Ronni and Justin said, “Brian!”  James laughed even louder.

“So, James, is Emmett coming out this weekend?” Brian sipped his bourbon.

“Yes, I wish he came out more but he has to keep his day job to pay the bills while he builds up his party business.”

“You know there is a way around that.”

“And what would that be.  Do you know a way around paying bills?” James looked at Brian.

“Well, if he moved in with you, he wouldn’t have many bills to pay, would he?”

James glanced at his mom who acted as if she didn’t hear it but Justin knew she had.  Softly he said, “Ronni, you want him happy.  I know you do.”

The four of them chatted throughout the meal and as James got up to do a final check of the night, Ronni walked to the door with him.  “Jamie boy, if you want him out here, invite him.  I want you to be happy.”

“Oh, Mom,” James picked her up and spun her around before setting her down again. “I love you, Mom.”  With that he ran out the door, pulling his phone out of his pocket as he did.

Brian cleared some of the dishes as Ronni started cleaning up in the kitchen.  Brian loaded the dishwasher in silence for a minute and then said, “Ronni, you just made your son very happy.”

“I am trying. I really am.”  She leaned against him for just a moment before she moved a step away and said, “Get out of here.  I don’t need you in the way.”

The next morning, Justin and Brian were on their way to another courtroom.  “I just wanted to stay home with Aaron this morning.  I am not looking forward to seeing Chris Hobbs again. What if I have a melt down? What if I can’t respond or control my anger?”

“Sunshine, all of those are normal responses.  Have you thought about what you will say?”

“Not exactly.  I want to hear what he has to say. He has been locked up for over two years.  If he shows remorse…”

“You are a good man, Justin Taylor.  I may not agree with what you decide but I will support you 100%.”

Brian parked the Jeep and they walked into the building.  They entered the hearing room and sat to wait.   A few minutes later Chris Hobbs was escorted in.  Justin watched him move.  He had aged far more than two years.  He looked tired and beaten, not physically but mentally. He glanced at Justin but couldn’t hold eye contact. Before he sat, everyone was asked to rise for the judge and then they sat.  

The judge read the original charges and sentence. He then made a statement about Craig being charged with fraud and forgery and that Chris would no longer be held for murder.  This hearing was to decide if he would be released or if he would leave a free man.

Chris’ parents spoke about Chris’ time in jail.  They talked about his younger siblings, and how their lives had changed because of Chris’ actions and brought up how Chris had suffered being locked up with other murderers.  His mother cried as she talked about a beating he had taken and when she saw him in the infirmary she didn’t recognise his own son.”

Chris’ attorney read a statement from the warden that Chris had been a model prisoner. He spoke about how young Chris had been when he had struck out at his classmate and then it was Chris’ turn to speak.

“Your honor, may I address Mr. Taylor?” The judge nodded. Chris took a deep breath and then began. “Justin, I want to apologize for my behavior.  I don’t expect you to forgive me but I want you to know, I am so sorry for what you have gone through in the last two years.  The injuries I gave you were beyond terrible but then you also had to suffer your father taking you away.  I am so glad to see you looking so good and I have heard of your marriage and your son.  I deserved the sentence I got.  You didn’t.” Chris began to cry softly and he sat down by his lawyer and put his head in his hands.

“Mr. Taylor, do you have anything to say to Mr. Hobbs?”

 Justin stood and walked up to the podium. “Thank you, your honor.  Chris, I have been very fortunate in the last six months.  Once Brian found me and I knew I really was loved.  What happened before doesn’t matter; I have so much to look forward to.” Justin turned to the judge, “Sir, I believe that Chris has served enough time.  If my research is correct, he has done the required amount of time for a first time offender. I know sir, you will be fair in your decision.” Justin started to move toward his seat and then he stopped. “Sir, may I shake hands with Chris?”  The judge nodded.  Justin walked over to Chris and went around the side of the table where he sat. He extended his hand and when they touched instinctively their arms went around each other. They hugged for a few moments before Justin stepped back and returned to Brian’s embrace.

“You are so amazing, Sunshine.  I love you,” he whispered.

Justin and Brian walked out after the courtroom and didn’t look back. Chris Hobbs would be a free man by morning and Justin was at peace with that.  “Let’s go buy a car, one that has room for two car seats.  


Saturday morning arrived.  Justin watched Brian walking out to the car to help carry in Gus’ belongings while Justin stood in the door with Aaron.  Lindsay and Mel took time with Gus and helped him get settled into his new room and then left him with Ronni in the backyard so they could just watch him for a few minutes. 

Lindsay was snuggling with Aaron.  “Mel, remember when Gus was this size? I am going to miss him so much!” 

“I am too, Lindz, but this kind of thing only comes around once in a lifetime. We know he will be well cared for and loved here. “

“And hopefully we can come visit while you are there”, Brian said as he wrapped his arms around Justin. 

“And we can do video calls,” Justin said.  

An hour later Mel and Lindsay were driving away while Gus waved at them. Before they got off the property another car came driving up and it turned toward the guest house.  Emmett waved as he drove past.  

Ronni took Aaron out of Justin’s arms.  “I am betting this little one is soaked through and I think both of the boys could use a snack.” She offered a hand to Gus and he took it.

Justin stepped closer to Brian who pulled him close. “I think this is the beginning of a new adventure,” Brian said.

 

Justin kissed him, “I am so glad we closed out the last chapter.  We can write the story together now.”


The End.
Simply written is the author of 42 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked A Father's Hate! also liked 509 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Family Issues Series. The next story in the series is A Mother's Disdain.