- Text Size +

Chapter 2


Brian found the address in the small town that the detective had given him.  He parked his Jeep a couple blocks away and then walked to a bench on the corner across the street from the address.  He looked through a newspaper as he watched people go in and out of the small bodega. He had been sitting there well over an hour when he noticed some movement in the windows above the store. He knew he saw blond hair going from window to window. He had to stop himself from rushing across the street.  He felt a physical pull to those windows.  If it wasn’t him, Brian wasn’t sure he would be able to go on.  

When the blonde disappeared from the windows, Brian’s heart sank again. He couldn’t just rush up there.  He held his breath when he saw the door open between the store door and the edge of the building.  There was no doubt anymore.  Justin was alive.  As Brian watched his sunshine walk from one door to the next he wanted to weep at the struggle he was having walking the ten feet. 

Brian watched him come back out and moved back to his apartment door.  There had to be 20 steps that he had to struggle back up to what had to seem like a prison. Brian wasn’t sure what he was going to do but he had to talk to him.  Could it be he didn’t remember him or his mom and Molly?   He just didn’t know how that could be. They were the people that loved him the most.

It was another fifteen minutes before Brian walked back to get his Jeep and parked it close to Justin’s apartment.  He then moved to Justin’s door and, as quietly as he could, climbed the steps.  As he moved upward he caught himself counting each rise.  There were 22 of them.  Each one brought him closer to Sunshine and darkened his thoughts toward Craig Taylor.  That man would pay for every step he made all of them go through.

Brian stood on the landing in front of Justin’s door.  He listened to some shuffled steps on the other side of the door and then a vocalization that could only have been a curse of some kind. Brian couldn’t help but smile.  Sunshine was still feisty.  That was a good sign.

He couldn’t wait any longer.  Brian knocked on the door.  There was a string of more unintelligible words and more shuffling.  Brian was sure Justin was looking at him through the peephole in the door. And then a voce he never thought he would hear again said, “No!  Go!”

“Oh, Sunshine,” Brian slipped down the door and sat leaning against it, tears running down his face. “I have been waiting for you for two years.  I’m not going anywhere.”

“Go!” Justin called out again.

“Justin, I love you.  I have missed you so much.”

“Jason, not Justin. No Justin.” Justin struggled to get the words out. “Father, you left. Mom left. He...sta….”

Brian could hear the frustration in his words and the more frustrated he got the harder it was for him to speak at all.  “Justin, love, please let me in. Let me see you.  I just want to talk to you.”  Nothing could be further from the truth.  He wanted to hold him and never let him go. For thirty  minutes Brian talked to him through the door.  He knew he wasn’t playing fair but he talked about Jenn and Molly.  He talked about how grown up Molly was and how many times he had dinner with them, and all they could talk about was him.

When Brian heard the deadbolt turn he jumped to his feet. Slowly, the knob turned and the door opened slowly. Brian had to fight every urge not to hold him and kiss him but although it was Justin, there was something missing.  It was Sunshine.  The spark he always had was gone.

Brian reached out to touch Justin’s cheek but he saw the wariness in his eyes and dropped his hand. “Justin, please sit down so we can talk?” Brian saw the stubborn set of his shoulders and knew there was still fight there but could he get him to fight with him and not against him.  “Sunshine, sit down.  I don’t know what your father put you through but…”

“No!  Left me, you left me.”

“Oh, Justin, that’s not how it was.  Your father told me, told everyone, you had died.  He sent me out of the hospital.  Your mom and Molly are heartbroken.  He said he had you cremated.”

Confusion crossed Justin’s face. “No, loves me.  Care…” He dropped into a chair, “Lied? But you left!”

“Oh, my love, I was told you were dead and if I pushed anything he would have me charged with rape. Sunshine, do we have time…..will your father be coming here?”

Justin shrugged.

“Does he leave you here alone for a long time?”  Brian saw the weariness in his face as he shrugged. “Sunshine, come home with me.  Come back to the loft.  Your mom and Molly…”

“No!” His whole body trembled.  “I can’t…  can’t talk.  Can’t walk….”

“Oh, Justin, we don’t care about that. We just love you.” He reached out and touched Justin’s hair without thinking and he nearly jumped out of the chair.  Brian dropped to his knees and gently took Justin’s hands.  “He lied to you, over and over.  Come with me now.  I know you don’t trust me but I want you safe and you aren’t safe here.”

“No Mom.  No one.”

“Justin, if you come with me now, you are in charge.  May I pack your things?”  

Justin picked up a glass and threw it across the room, “Hate it!  Hate it all!”

“Then let’s take you home.”  Brian got off the floor and watched Justin struggle to get up.  

Brian guided him toward the door when he stopped.  He held up a finger and walked the other way.  He came back with a small backpack and a sketch pad in his hands and held it close to his body. “Go.”

As Justin struggled going down the stairs Brian touched his elbow but he jerked away.  Brian took another step back and by the time they got to the bottom step, Justin had to take a moment to regain some strength.  He looked at Brian, “Car?”

“It is at the corner to the left,” Brian said as they stepped out onto the sidewalk.

“Jason, is everything alright?” an elderly woman asked from the bodega’s door.

Jason nodded and struggled to get out the word appointment and finally said, “Doctor.”

Brian just nodded at her and walked next to Justin as they slowly moved to the Jeep.  Once they turned the corner, Justin said, “Call Dad.”

“You want to call your dad?” Brian was confused.

“No.  Lady call dad.”

Now Brian understood.  “She will call your dad?  Will she call him right now?”

“No, don’t come back.”

“So she will call him later today?”

Justin nodded as he slipped into the Jeep.

“Well, we are out of here.  I hope he calls me. I’ll….”  Brian saw the weariness on Justin’s face.  “Why don’t you shut your eyes while I get us back to the loft?”  Five minutes later Brian was out of the small town and heading toward Pittsburgh and Justin was sound asleep next to him.  He had to fight his instinct to call Jenn.  He had a long challenge to win his trust and that is what he had to work at right now.  What he couldn’t stop himself from doing was reaching over and touching his cheek, dragging his finger to Justin’s chin.  In his sleep, Justin softly said, “Brian.”  

Brian nearly cried hearing Justin say his name so sweetly.  Justin had to still have some feeling for him or he wouldn’t say his name like that in his sleep.  

Thirty minutes later Brian pulled the Jeep to a stop in the back parking area of the loft.  He didn’t expect Jenn or Molly but he didn’t want them to see Justin by accident. He reached over and touched his shoulder as he softly said his name, “Sunshine, time to wake up. We are at the loft.”

Justin’s eyes fluttered, and he looked nervous as he looked around.  As Brian led him into the backdoor of the loft, Justin stomped his foot. “So dumb!”

“Sunshine, are you talking about me?”

“No! No clothes.  Why?” he hit his own head several times.

Brian grabbed his hand and ended up pulling him in his arms. “It is not a problem, Sunshine, I still have some of your clothes here.  I can order anything you want or need. You are here.  You are safe.”

Justin started fighting Brian’s embrace now and Brian stepped away.  “Calm down.  Just calm down.” Brian led him onto the lift.  “Relax, Justin.  I love you but I can wait as long as it takes you to love me again.”

Once they were both in the loft Justin stopped and turned to Brian, “Love me?”  He turned and looked into Brian’s eyes.  “You love me?”

“I don’t know what your father told you.  He lied to us.  He said you were dead.”

Justin looked around the loft. He fought out the words, “Hook up. Where do I go?”

“You aren’t getting it yet.  Sunshine, there has been no one else in two years. I love you.  I tried to move on but I just couldn’t.  I saw you every time I kissed someone so after a couple weeks I quit trying.” Brian pointed toward the sofa.  “Sit down.  Can I get you something to eat? Drink?”

Justin looked at him and smiled,  “Beer?”

“Can you have beer? I mean medication...oh, shit, I bet there was medication you should have taken with you.”

Justin reached into the small backpack he had brought with him.  He handed several pill bottles  to Brian.  Brian looked at them.  “Justin, I promise you can have a beer but I need to do a little research.  I need to know a little bit about this stuff and what its reaction to alcohol is.”

“Adult!” Justin said sharply.

“Actually my darling, you aren’t 21 yet but you know that isn’t stopping me from giving it to you.  Let me make a couple quick calls and if they clear you, tonight at dinner you can have a beer or two.  I just found you.  I am not going to let you do anything that might harm you.” 

Justin stood up quickly and swayed before dropping back into his seat, “FUCK!”

Brian dropped down next to him giving him a little space, “Are you in pain?”

“Pride!”

“You have so much to be proud of but seriously, do you hurt?”

“Bad headaches.”

“Did you get therapy? Physical or speech?”

“I quit.” The stubborn look on Justin’s face nearly caused Brian’s heart to melt.

“Well, I guess you just got a new therapist.”

Justin thought for a few moments, as if he was organizing his words carefully, “And...if...I....say...no?”

“You won’t.  I will make it worth your while.” Brian lightly brushed his lips over Justin’s who for a split second he leaned in but then a look of panic crossed his face and he pressed himself against the back of the sofa. “I’m sorry, Sunshine.  I didn’t mean…. Fuck! I keep screwing up.”

Justin tentatively reached out and touched Brian’s chin, “So beautiful, but…”

“I’m not going anywhere, Justin.  I will be here whenever you are ready.”  He leaned forward once more and kissed Justin’s forehead.  “I love you.”

Brian and Justin ate a sandwich for lunch and then, without saying anything, Justin walked into the bedroom and when Brian had finished straightening up the kitchen he checked on Justin and he was sound asleep curled up on the bed.  Brian covered him with a light blanket and then went to his desk and did some work. 

Ted called Brian when he realized he was working, “Brian, are you going to tell me what is going on?”

“Ted, this is just between you and me. I mean it.  You can’t tell anyone!”

“Brian what is it?”

“Justin is asleep in my bed right now.”

“WHAT!” Ted audibly gasped.  “He’s really alive.”

“Battered and terrified but he’s here and he still has fight in him. I promised him I wouldn’t tell anyone so you can’t say a word.  Just pay the investigator but let him know I may need him later.”

“What are you thinking, Brian?”

“I’m  going to nail Craig Taylor’s ass to the wall and I might need his help to do that.”

“Brian, I don’t want to burst your bubble but have you thought about what this will mean for Hobbs?”

“You are a fucking buzz kill, Theodore.  It actually has crossed my mind but for now, I have to focus on Justin.” Brian’s voice trailed off.

“Are you Ok, Brian,” Ted asked, concerned because of the tone of Brian’s voice.  

“I honestly don’t know.”

“Well, you know I am here, even if it is just to talk.”

“Thanks, Ted.” Brian heard a noise and glanced up to see Justin, hair tousled, coming down the steps. “I need to go.  I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” And Brian hung up.

“Work?  You in trouble?” 

Brian walked over needing to hold him.  Very gently he put his arms around Justin and pulled him close but not too tightly.  He kissed his forehead and was thrilled when he felt him relax against him. 

Justin repeated himself, “Trouble at Ryd….?”

“No, Sunshine.  I don’t work at Ryder anymore.  I started my own company.  It is called Kinnetik. Ted works with me.  We are doing well. I’m the boss now.”

Justin looked up into Brian’s eyes and Brian lowered his mouth to Justin’s.  As his arms tightened around Sunshine, Sunshine panicked. He pushed away and actually fell to the floor and crawled away. “No!  No!”

Brian was a bit confused.  Yes, he probably shouldn’t have kissed him but what scared him? He needed to figure out how his mind worked now.  What was he so afraid of? He rushed to Justin who was now sitting on the steps. “I’m sorry if I scared you.” He sat cross legged on the floor in front of him.  “Sunshine, I am trying but I can’t seem to figure out how your mind works right now.  I want to be here for you.  I want to make you comfortable. I want to help you in any way I can.”

“My head hurts,” was all Justin said as he sat with a hand on each ear.  

“Come here, Justin.” Brian stood in a smooth movement and just offered a hand.  Justin  cautiously reached out and took Brian’s hand.  Brian realized Justin’s moods seemed to switch about as fast as Gus’ did sometimes.  “Let’s see if I can help with that headache.”  Brian sat on the sofa and had Justin sit between his legs on the floor.  He began to make gentle circles on Justin’s temples.  He continued for quite a while and started to add a little more pressure as he continued. He noticed Justin flinch, “Is that too much?”

“No,” Justin paused, “helping.” His head fell back onto Brian’s crotch.  This wasn’t the way Brian usually thought of Justin’s head in his lap but right now he was thrilled to have him here. In the last two years Brian learned what was really important and this was it, just having time with the one he loved.  Justin’s lips were trying to form words and finally he said, “Thank... you.”   Justin soon moved.  He got off the floor and sat down next to Brian and pulled Brian’s arm around his shoulders.  He dropped his head on Brian’s shoulder and Brian realized he probably had very little physical contact except with therapists in the last two years. Craig wasn’t the loving type.

Brian gladly pulled Justin comfortably against him and soon he realized Justin was sleeping again.


The next two weeks Brian and Justin spent together.  Brian spent a lot of time rubbing Justin’s head and his hand and arm.  He would talk about their friends while they sat together.  Brian also asked questions about where he was in the last two years.  He found out Justin was in a coma for more than a year.  Often as Brian worked Justin’s hand, Justin would talk.  Brian started hearing a name repeated several times.

Brian massaged Justin’s fingers as he said, “Who is Dani?”  He didn’t look into his face because he had learned making eye contact often made Justin shut down. 

“Dad tricked….led her on.  Nurse.”

“Did you like her? Would you like to work with her again?”

“NO, Dad?” tears came to his eyes, “Nice to me.”

“Do you think your dad is still in contact with her? Do you remember where she worked?”

Justin shook his head. “I don’t think…..,” he stopped and thought for a moment, “I’ll try.”


Since Justin had arrived Brian had given him the bedroom and he had made a makeshift bed in a corner of the main room.  He wanted Justin to feel safe all the time but he also didn’t hide. He showered and dressed out in the open as he always did and more than once he found Justin watching him.  He did his best not to walk in as Justin showered or changed because that still made him uncomfortable.  Brian had gotten into the habit of kissing Justin before going to his own bed.  He was usually asleep but Brian would kiss his cheek or forehead before going down to his own sleeping area.  

Brian finished his shower and walked through the bedroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.  He sat on the edge of the bed and watched his Sunshine sleep for a few moments before he leaned over and pressed a long kiss on his cheek.  All of the sudden Justin shot straight up.  Brian didn’t see fear on his face but he wasn’t sure what the look was. “Sunshine, is something wrong? Do you have a headache? Is your hand hurting?”

Justin slowly leaned toward Brian and kissed him quickly with a big grin on his face and said, “Hope!”

“I have always had hope, Sunshine.”

“No, Dani worked at place with Hope in name. It was north side of city.” Justin put his good hand behind Brian’s neck and pulled him close for one more kiss but this one went on far longer than the previous one. Justin opened his lips allowing Brian’s tongue to slip between them and by the time they separated, Brian had to control his urge not to take it further. He put his arms around Justin for a bit, just calming down and absorbing his warmth.  Justin didn’t fight him at all. He seemed to be enjoying the feel of skin on skin.

Finally, Brian moved back a bit, “You, did amazing.  Hope.  There can’t be that many on the north side of the city.  The investigator should be able to track a Dani down at one of them. Now,” Brian helped him get back under the sheet, “you better get some sleep.”  

Brian began to stand up but Justin held his hand tightly, “Stay.”

“Justin, are you sure?”

Justin tugged off Brian’s towel, showing he was aroused. “Not sure I can…” 

Brian pulled the sheet back and stepped over Justin.  He laid down next to him. Brian had never felt this awkward in bed.  Did he touch him? Did he move to the other side of the bed? He knew Justin wasn’t ready to make love but he wondered if he would be ready for Brian to use his mouth or even his hand but Justin would have to let him know.  Maybe sharing the bed was all he was ready for and that was alright with him.  It was one step closer to his Sunshine coming back.  As Brian lay on the pillow on his side of the bed, he felt Justin move over and when Brian stretched his arm out, Justin curled up next to him with his head on Brian’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry, Brian. I can’t….”

“I love you, Sunshine.  Sleep well,” he kissed Justin gently as he pulled him against him.


Brian was dreaming.  He was in bed and Justin had taken him in his mouth. He had had this dream several times over the last two years but it was never this real. And then he felt his balls being taken into a warm, wet mouth and he knew he wasn’t dreaming.   “Oh, god, Justin.” He reached down and touched Justin’s hair.  He fought it as long as he could and then softly said, “I’m cumming, Sunshine, you don’t need to…”

Justin wrapped his mouth around Brian’s hard head and drained him before coming back up and turned away from him and fell right back to sleep.  Brian lay there for a moment trying to figure out if that had really happened or not but it didn’t take much for him to know his Sunshine was coming back.

When Brian woke in the morning, his eyes traveled down Justin’s back and down to his shapely ass.  He moved a little closer and ran his hand down from Justin’s waist over his hip and stopped at his upper thigh.  He then moved his hands so he could play with his pubic hair.  He knew he was torturing himself but the feel of Justin under his fingers made him yearn for so much more. He knew when the time came, it would be better than he had ever been because his heart was now totally involved.

Justin’s hand touched Brian’s and he guided it to his cock and as Brian began to skillfully stroke him, Justin’s body instantly responded until Brian moved a little closer and Justin could feel Brian’s erection press against him. He scrambled out of the bed and rushed to the bathroom.  Brian heard the shower start and after a hesitation he followed Justin into the shower. 

He saw the panicked look on Justin’s face, “Don’t worry, Sunshine, I would never push you if you aren’t ready. Will you let me wash your back?” He looked wary but slowly turned and offered his back to Brian.  Brian’s heart leapt at the trust he was showing. Brian kept several inches between their bodies as he slowly ran the bar of soap across Justin’s back. “Sunshine, I love you,” Brian said as he covered his back in soap.  “I hope someday you’ll be ready to make love again but I will never push you.”

Justin took a step back so their bodies were in full contact, “I love you.  I want to but…”

Brian’s arms went around him and Justin relaxed against him.  “You have come so far already.  I know you will continue to get better and if Dani is willing to come help with things I know nothing about, I know you’ll get better.”

“Bri, you have helped so much. Talking is better.”

“That is because of your hard work.”

“That is because of your love,” Justin turned to face him and tilted his mouth toward Brian who happily met his lips.


Brian had missed the last two Sundays with Molly and Jenn.  By Friday, Molly had texted three times making sure  Brian was coming for dinner on Sunday.  He knew he had to talk to Justin about this.  Could he spend time with Justin’s family and not tell them he was alive?  He also wasn’t sure he wanted to leave him alone that long.  He was sure he would be alright but it gave him an uneasy feeling. Justin had been making great progress, especially with his speech and mental process.  Things were starting to click.  This also helped his frustration because he could communicate his feelings.  

But knowing Brian was with his family might trigger something.  As they sat down to eat dinner on Saturday, he approached the subject.  “Sunshine, you know I told you that I had spent time with your mom and sister while you were gone.” He nodded.  “Molly is begging me to come tomorrow.  You know you could come with me.”

Justin froze. After a moment he said, “No, I’m not ready. I can’t…”

“You don’t have to.  It is up to you but if I don’t go, they are going to think it is odd.  I have to confess something.  Ted has known you are here since the day you arrived.”

Justin shot up, tipping his chair, “You said you won’t tell anyone.  You promised me!”

“Sunshine, calm down.  Ted knows because he works for me.  He helped hire the detective that found you.  You are glad he found you, aren’t you?”

“Yes, of course. I am back with someone who loves me.” Justin still stood next to the tipped chair.

Brian walked to the tipped chair and set it back up and then he took Justin’s hand and guided him back to the chair.  “Ted would love to see you.  He hasn’t told anyone. Will you let him join you for dinner tomorrow? I know you are very capable of taking care of yourself but, Sunshine, it may be harder than you think, staying here alone while I visit your family and we both know your dad could show up at any time. I just don’t want you to be alone that long.  Please,” he kissed his cheek softly, “have dinner with Ted.”

“Ok, I like Ted and if you trust him, I will trust him,” he reached up and stroked Brian’s cheek. “I do trust you in my heart.  My head just doesn’t always know it yet.” 

Brian grazed Justin’s lips with his own but Justin did not stop at that.  He stood so Brian would take him in his arms. Justin sighed as he relaxed against him and deepened the kiss. Brian calmly withdrew.  “I ….. I’ll go check with Ted.” Brian walked away rubbing his crotch.  Wth Justin’s affection growing it was getting harder and harder to not want more.  His dick ached to be inside Justin.  He just couldn’t scare him.

At 4:30 on Sunday there was a knock on the door.  Justin rushed into the bedroom in case it was someone other than Ted while Brian went to answer the door, “Theodore, glad you could make it.  Sunshine, it’s Ted.”

Ted stood there and first saw his shadow and then Justin stood in front of him.  “Justin, it is so good to see you and you look good.” Ted walked toward him and as he neared  him he extended his hand.

“Ted, I think after two years, a hug is in order.” Justin opened his arms and the two men hugged. 

“Brian told me you were getting better everyday.”

“I have a long way to go yet,” he held up his arm and took a step, making his limp evident.

“Well, I believe that will get better, especially if we find your favorite nurse, but you know even if you didn’t get any better we all love you.” Ted linked arms with him and walked to the sofa with him. 

By the time Brian was ready to leave, they were deep in a conversation.  He walked over and kissed Justin.  “I should be home around 8:00.”

“No rush.  I have no plans and I am sure the two of us will have plenty to talk about.” Ted smiled at him.

“Lots of questions about you and the last two years,” Justin smirked up at Brian.  Brian kissed him once more before leaving. As he went to his Jeep, he realized he wasn’t worried about Ted and Justin’s conversation.  He was faithful to Justin the last two years.  There had been a couple nights the first month he went out to Babylon but it was empty and hollow and he felt unfaithful afterward. He hadn’t gone back.

Brian stopped by a music store and picked up the new CD of Molly’s favorite group and then grabbed a bottle of Jenn’s favorite wine before driving to their house.  

“Brian!” Molly rushed out the door to meet him. “Why has it been so long?  You never miss this many weeks in a row.”

“I’m sorry, Mollusk, I’ve been really busy but I don’t think I missed any of your texts.” Brian put an arm around her shoulders and walked to the house with her.

“Yes,  you answered all her texts or she would have told me about it. Brian, so glad you could join us tonight.  I was starting to worry that you had bad news and couldn’t face us,” Jenn hugged Brian and kissed his cheek.

Brian tossed Molly the bag with the CD and handed the wine to Jenn.  “I got a chilled bottle in case you wanted it tonight.”

“I’m not going to need anything stronger?”

As Molly squealed in the background as she looked at her gift, Brian smiled at Jenn, “No.  I’m sorry it is taking so long but the investigator has run into a couple bumps.  He still is very hopeful by the leads he has gotten. He has two years of tracking.”

Jenn opened the bottle and poured them each a glass, “It is just so hard waiting.  I’m glad you came.  I’m not sure how Molly would have reacted if you didn’t make it again, not that you are obligated to us at all but she, no, we love you.  You are one of us now and she has learned to rely on you just to be there for her and you have been amazing.”  Jenn looked over at Molly.  “Why don’t you go check out your gift and I will let you know when dinner is ready.”

“But Brian is here,” she walked over and stood next to him.

“Mollusk, why don’t you listen to the new CD now and after dinner, we can play a game, whatever you choose.”

“OK! Remember you did say anything.” She ran off to her room.

“Brian, you aren’t holding back on bad news, really?”

Brian was so glad she asked the question that way, “No, Jenn, I have not heard anything negative from the investigator. I have been working from home part of the time.  I have a couple big campaigns I’m working on and I have to admit, I just needed a little break.  With everything going on, I just feel like I need a little time.”

“Brian, if anyone deserves a break it is you.  In the last two years you have done amazing things and worked so hard to get Kinnetik where it is today. Not to mention, taking such good care of Mol and me.”

“You didn’t need me but I needed you.  You have shown me more about family than my mother ever did.”

“Your mom sounds as if she’s as big of an ass as Craig.”

“I don’t think she would…” Brian stopped, afraid something might slip about what he had found out.

“You don’t think she would…?”

“Did I ever tell you about the time she stopped by playing mommy dearest with a cake for me and Justin was there? He didn’t realize it was my mom and called out.  He came down, obviously….um, well, loosened up already.” He blushed a bit talking to her about the actual physical details of their love life.

Jenn patted his arm, “My son loved you.  I’m glad, if he isn’t here anymore, he found love in his lifetime.”  

Brian turned and hugged her, “I wish I would have told him.  I wish I realized it.  I think I did but I didn’t have any standard to put love up against.  My parents could barely stand to be in the same room.” He turned back to the salad he was chopping.

“Brian, you always knew how to love.  You just didn’t trust yourself.”

“Is dinner ready? I’m hungry,” Molly came into the kitchen.

“Well, why don’t you set the table and then the food should be ready,” Jenn said as she pulled out the food from the oven.

An hour later, Jenn was cleaning up and Molly and Brian were playing a card game.  Brian tried not to look at the clock too often.  He enjoyed time here but he couldn’t stop thinking about Justin back at the loft.  At least Ted was there with him.


Ted and Justin caught up.  Ted did most of the talking.  He filled him in on Emmett and his love life.  He told him about his on and off relationship with Blake who Justin had met a couple times. “I’m guessing Brian told you about Michael?”

“What about Michael?”

“He didn’t tell you?” Ted was surprised.

“We don’t talk about Michael much.  I have been surprised he hasn’t shown up here.  I was starting to think he was still on the west coast.”

“No, Dr. David was not the man for him however, after buying the comic book store….”

“Comic book store?” Justin was confused.

“He really didn’t talk about Michael.  Well, Michael is living with Ben now.  Ben is a great guy and he is really good for Michael. He is a professor and he gets him. You’ll like him.”

At that time there was a knock on the door. Justin moved out of the line of sight of the door as Ted accepted the food they had ordered and got the door shut.  As they started eating, Justin began asking questions, “So, while I was gone, did Brian really quit going to Babylon and Woody’s?”

“He would meet us at Woody’s once in a while but he was broken.  He wasn’t sure what to do with  himself so he started his own business and pulled me in when I needed some stability in my life, too.  Brian realized he loved you and of course was sure he would never fall in love again. I was just trying to get him to start coming out once in a while when Molly saw you which started the search for you.”

“But now he feels like he is stuck with me.  He still can’t go out and live his life.  I mean with me like this,” he raised his arm and his hand fell limply.

“Justin, he doesn’t care about that.  You taught Brian what love was and, even though he didn’t realize it until your accident, no not accident.  You know what I mean.  He loves your heart and your mind.  Oh, and he loves your body, whether it is perfect or not.  You are the whole package, the only package he wants.”

Justin ate in silence for some time processing everything Ted had said.  As he finished the food on his plate he got up and took a beer out of the refrigerator for himself and Ted. He saw the look on Ted’s face and responded, “Can’t drink much but one beer isn’t going to hurt tonight.”  He sat on the sofa sipping the beer, still thinking about what Ted said and finally said, “So you really believe he is better off with me?”

“Justin, have I ever lied to you?” He got up and sat on the sofa next to him, taking his hand. “I am not sure if he would have ever healed enough to move on. I think Brian will love one man in his life and that man is you.”

Justin leaned over and hugged Ted just as the loft door opened and Brian walked in. His first instinct was to charge across the room to Ted.  By the time he got to the sofa he had a chance to take a deep breath.  Ted knew that look and had already moved away from Justin.  Justin also knew that look and, although he couldn’t move as quickly as he wished, he got around the side of the sofa and wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck and kissed him.  He pressed the full length of his body against Brian causing him to growl low in his throat.

“Thanks for coming, Ted.  Sorry you can’t stay.” Brian mumbled as he waved Ted toward the door. Ted had to smile as he walked to the door.  His heart warmed seeing his friends so happy.  He pulled the door shut and as he went down in the elevator, he texted Blake, asking him over for a drink. He wanted what they had and he saw that being possible with his own young blond.  As he got in his car, Blake responded he would be there in 30 minutes.  Ted stopped at a corner store and bought something sweet and a small bouquet of flowers so by the time Blake got there, Ted had the treats on a plate, candles lit, and a bottle of wine open.  Maybe it was time he thought about his future, too.


By the time Brian and Justin separated, Ted was long gone.   Brian slowly reached for the bottom of Justin’s shirt and gently lifted the hem of it over his head. Justin willingly let the shirt go and then Justin pulled Brian’s shirt off.  “How were Mom and Molly?” he asked as he ran his hands slowly down Brian’s chest.

“It was rough not letting them know. I hope you’ll be comfortable soon because they miss you so much.” Brian began running his fingers down Justin’s arms until his fingers interlocked with his.  They walked together up to the bedroom before Brian slowly undid Justin’s fly. As he slid the jeans down, he dropped to his knees and slowly took him into his mouth.  He put enough pressure against Justin so he sat down on the edge of the bed.  Brian inhaled deeply. He loved the earthy smell of him.  As Brian began to run a finger back along his perineum he felt Justin tense.  He began working his tongue around the tip of Justin’s cock and as he distracted him with his tongue his finger moved back just far enough to press at the opening.  Brian nearly climaxed feeling his finger slip past the sphincter.  Justin exploded in Brian’s mouth as wave after wave ran through him. He had allowed Brian to give him a couple blow jobs in the last week but Brian pushed him just a bit tonight and Justin was so glad he had.

Brian slipped out of his pants and got into bed pulling Justin to him.  He began to stroke Justin, feeling him respond almost immediately.

“Brian, you don’t need to….”

“Sunshine, I want you inside me, if you are up to it.  I want to be one with you. You don’t have to if you don’t want….”

“Brian, shut up and turn over.”  Brian's heart skipped a beat hearing the authority in Justin’s voice and as he heard Justin open a condom and then felt Justin apply lube.  When his finger slipped in, Brian let out an audible moan.  Justin slowly began to press against Brian’s puckered bud and as he began to move a bit awkwardly because of his injury but the pleasure he was giving Brian was evident as Brian’s body began to tremble and together they erupted. 

As they laid, still joined, both of them found tears running down their cheeks. After several minutes, Brian rolled over to face him.  He kissed the tears off of Justin’s face. “You were amazing, Sunshine.  I couldn’t have asked for anything more.  I love you so much.” Brian pulled him close and kissed him once more.  “Now, young man, it is time for you to get some sleep,” Brian swatted his bare ass and turned Justin so he faced away so they could spoon.  Soon they were both sound asleep.


Blake had arrived at Ted’s right on time. Ted let him in and gave him a hug and then dropped a kiss on his lips. “Thanks for coming,” Ted kissed him once more and this time Blake stepped into his embrace.

“I was a bit surprised you called.  I know you said you were busy tonight.”

“Well, I had something to do for Brian but when I was leaving I realized how much I wanted to see you.  I bought some dessert for us and a bottle of wine is breathing.”

“Ted, do you really want to eat that right now or would you rather….” Blake’s hand slid into Ted’s pants and his answer was obvious to him. He took Ted’s hand and led him to the bedroom.  “I know you are always a proper gentleman, Ted, and I love that about you but, just once, tell me to take my pants down so you can fuck me.”

“Blake, strip and bend over!” Blake reached out and undid Ted’s pants before taking off his own  and bending over the edge of Ted’s bed.


A couple hours later they sat in Ted’s bed eating the dessert he had bought and sipping on the wine. Ted set the dessert and wine glass down before turning to Blake who followed suit. Ted pulled Blake close and kissed him.  “I am going to ask you something but I don’t need an answer tonight.”

“This sounds serious,” Blake said as his head rested on Ted’s chest.

“Blake, I don’t want to scare you off but if you are ever …..  I don’t…..”

“Ted, just ask me.”

“I was wondering if you would like to move in. I love you, Blake, and I want to come home to you every night. But if you aren’t ready for that, I understand.”

“Oh, Ted,” Blake supported himself on one elbow.  He looked down at him. “I love you, too. And yes, I’d love to move in with you but I think we will need to talk a couple things over before I move in because when I move in, I want it to be forever,” he closed the space between his lips and Ted’s.”


Brian felt Justin’s warm body pressed up against him but he wasn’t sure at first what woke him but then he heard someone knocking on his door. “Brian, you forgot your phone last night.”

“Oh, shit, Justin your mom is here. Justin! Your mom…..I have to get the door.”  Brian was out of bed and slipping his silk robe on. 

“Mom is here?  Oh fuck, Brian, I don’t know if….”

“Coming, Jenn!” Brian called out loudly as he turned to Justin.  “It is your decision.”  Brian walked to the door slowly.  He knew he was walking like he had sex last night.  He hoped she didn’t notice.  He unlocked the door and opened it.  “Sorry, I was sleeping in a bit this morning.” He kissed Jenn’s cheek and stepped out of the way.

“I didn’t mean to wake you,” she pulled out his phone. “You left this at our house last night.” Jenn took in a deep breath, “Do I smell coffee?”

“Oh, ya, it starts on its own,” he walked over to the counter and pulled out two mugs. When he turned around he saw the look on Jenn’s face. “I….”

“Brian,” Jenn looked toward the bedroom,  “you don’t owe me any explanation.  Let me get out of here.  I’m sorry, I should have just dropped it off…. 

“Jenn, it’s not what you think. I….”

“Brian, I couldn’t expect a young man like you to…”  Jenn heard noise coming from the bedroom and automatically glanced in that direction.  “Let me get out of here so you can…” Jenn turned toward the door and took a step toward it when behind her she heard a familiar voice.

 

“Mom….”