- Text Size +

Chapter 10


Justin woke early.  He didn’t remember getting into bed.  He remembered pain and he remembered Brian holding him.  He still had a dull thud in his head but it was much better.  If he was honest he didn’t remember the last time he didn’t have pain somewhere. He stretched and his eyes fluttered open and he had to get his bearings for a minute.  The lake cabin.  That amazing storm.   He first looked one way and could see the lake out a large picture window and then he turned to find what he was looking for. 

Brian lay on his side with one hand stretching out toward him.  Brian asked him to get married.  They were getting married today. How could he think about getting married? But he needed to marry him.  He couldn’t raise a baby on his own.  He looked at Brian and thought, who was he trying to fool.  He loved that man so much.  He couldn’t imagine breathing if he wasn’t in his life.

Justin moved closer and brushed Brian’s hair off his forehead.  That seemed familiar.  Brian had done that to him last night. He remembered now how Brian had helped him get out of the tub and as he leaned against it, Brian dried him off and then got him in bed. He had to get better.  He had to be able to function. 

Brian’s fingers closed around his and he brought it to his mouth.  “Good morning, Sunshine.  It looks like a beautiful day for a wedding.”

Justin moved across the bed and Brian pulled him into his embrace. “Brian are you sure…”

Brian’s mouth claimed Justin’s, stopping the sentence. When they finally moved away for a deeper breath, Brian said, “The only thing I have ever wanted more than to marry you was for you to be alive and since I have that I can think of nothing I want more.  When we get back home tomorrow, I will start looking for the right person to fit into our lives to help with Aaron and with Gus when he visits.  We have a little time so we can find the right person.”

“I love hearing you say our son’s name.  Aaron James Taylor-Kinney. He is going to be everything my father isn’t.  He is going to be kind and loving.  He is going to care about his family. He is…

“Did I mention you and I are getting married today?” Brian smiled from ear to ear.

Justin had to laugh at the look on his face, “Yes, I might remember hearing that.”  Justin sat up and did his best not to show the pain he felt but of course he couldn’t hide it.  

“The headaches will get better once our lives get on a normal schedule.  I mean you are basically done with therapy and your father has been arrested.  Soon things will be less stressful.” 

Justin sat up slowly and moved so he was above Brian. He slowly lowered his mouth to Brian’s chest.  He began to drop light kisses all over and then worked his way down to the flat, taut stomach. Justin moved off him and physically turned Brian to his side so he was facing him.  As he took Brian in his mouth, Justin began to run his hand from Brian’s balls backward.  As he stroked the perineum his thumb began to graze Brian’s bud and then it slipped inside him and Brian lost all his senses.  The only thing he could remember was  how much he loved this man.

After they showered and had a little breakfast, they went upstairs to get dressed.  “So do I get to see what I am getting married in?”

“I figure it will be chilly on the lake and I thought it is our wedding day so….he pulled out a garment bag.  I just brought along trousers and long sleeve button downs. I thought maybe sometime we would want to have a little party with friends.  I know we are going to see Em this week because he has insisted on coming but I want to celebrate with all of them.  Two weeks from this weekend it is Labor Day weekend.  Does that sound like a good idea?”   Brian watched Justin bring his hand to his head.  “Fuck!  We don’t have to do anything.  Why did I have to add more stress?”

“No, darling, that would be wonderful.  I do want to see all our friends and this is definitely time for celebration.  Now, let me see if you know my size. I’m going to the other bedroom and change.” He kissed Brian and said, “See you in a few minutes.”

“The boat will be here in 30 minutes.”

“I’ll be ready in 15.” Justin grabbed his toiletry bag and walked out, shutting the door behind him.  His stomach started getting butterflies as he unzipped the garment bag he saw a cornflower blue shirt.  The fabric was some of the softest he had felt. He slipped out of his robe and he pulled on the chinos that had been in the bag along with the shirt.  He zipped them up and looked in the mirror.  They looked like a tailor had made them for him.  The waist and the length was perfect. He went into the bathroom and shaved and styled his hair.  He put a little cologne on before returning back to the bedroom where he slipped on the shirt.  He looked at his reflection as he tucked the shirt in and then he rolled up the sleeves.  He wished he had taken time to get a haircut but this would have to do.  Spending time by the pool this summer had bleached out the ends so it didn’t look too bad.

Brian pulled on the burgundy shirt and tucked it into his pants.  They were just like Justin’s.  He hoped he had gotten the measurements right.  He could barely wait to see Sunshine.  He couldn’t wait to be with him for the rest of their lives.  He couldn’t stand there any longer.  He left the room and tapped on the other bedroom door, “Sunshine, I’m going downstairs unless you want help tucking your dick in?”

“Now isn’t that romantic.  I will be downstairs in a couple minutes.”  Justin waited just long enough for Brian to get downstairs before he left the room.  Had he ever been so nervous and so excited all at once?  He descended the stairs, taking each step, deliberately.  Brian turned around and he caught his breath.  He knew that was the right color but seeing it on him with the tanned skin and the bleached hair was beyond what he pictured.

Justin saw Brian waiting for him.  He could not love this man more.  The color of the shirt made his lips look even redder and all he could think of was kissing them, feeling those lips on his skin…

Brian met him at the bottom of the staircase and then as Justin stood on the bottom step, Brian looked up and wrapped his arms around him. Their lips met as Brian slowly lifted Justin off the step and set him on the floor. They were both too distracted by each other to notice the approaching boat until it was docking.  “Our chariot awaits,” Brian said in his ear.  “Let’s go get married.”

Justin took Brian’s hand and they walked out the door together. As they walked toward the dock, Justin looked at Brian.  “I am so nervous. I think I might be sick.”

“I hope they are good nerves. This is our day.  This is the day I have dreamed about for two years.  Not that I planned for it to be on a boat but right now I can’t think of any place I would rather have it.”


An attractive older gentleman stood at the steps to the boat, “Mr. Kinney, so nice to finally meet you.”

“Your honor, the pleasure is ours and please, I’m Brian and this is Justin.”

“I feel like I have known you for years.  My niece thinks very highly of you.  I needed a witness so I hope you don’t mind I brought my partner, Tom, with me. We have been together for 25 years but it seems like yesterday most days.” A good looking man in his 50’s walked over and shook both their hands.

“Well, Kevin, I seem to remember several rough patches but it was always worth working through.” Tom kissed the judge.  “Why don’t we cast off so we can get this wedding started?”

Ten minutes later they were heading toward the Canadian side of the lake. The four men sat in deck chairs and drank wine as they took the half hour ride.  A deckhand came down as the engines were cut to inform them they had crossed the border.

“Well, gentleman, are you ready to get married?” Judge Kevin asked.  “I guess I didn’t ask what you really wanted for the ceremony but I think I know you well enough.  Brian, I know you were devastated when you thought this man was no longer alive and to see you two together I can see that Justin feels the same about you.  You are following your hearts and your souls.  Is there anything the two of you would like to say  to each other?

“Sunshine, it is fitting that we are standing here on this sun drenched deck.  Justin Taylor, I didn’t know what life was until I met you and I didn’t realize it until I thought I had lost you.  Your family has taught me what love is and now I am so glad you and I are now going to raise our own family together.  I love you.”  Brian couldn’t stop himself.  He kissed Justin softly on his lips.

“Hey, we aren’t up to that part, yet.” Judge Kevin chuckled.

“Old man, you remember when you couldn’t keep your hands off me.” Tom smiled at his love.

Kevin laughed.  “If I remember right, it was last night. Justin would you like to say something to Brian?”

“Brian,” Justin reached out and touched his cheek.  “You literally saved my life and now we are going to ….” Justin couldn’t continue.  Tears began to roll down his cheeks, “I love you, Brian Kinney and I can’t wait to grow old with you.”

Brian pulled Justin into his arms and kissed him.

“Well, I guess now’s as good a time as any.  “I now pronounce you married.” He looked at Tom, “We may as well join them.” Kevin pulled Tom into his arms and kissed him but Brian and Justin didn’t know.


The deckhand came out with a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice and Tom poured each of them a glass.   “May I make a toast?” Tom asked.

“Please,” Kevin said.  Looking at the new couple he said, “Tom, is the best person at making toasts.” He slipped an arm around his husband.

Tom raised his glass, “To Brian and Justin, may you have a long and happy life together.  There will be struggles of all kinds but may you always remember the love you obviously have today.  May you grow closer together with each challenge you overcome. Congratulations!”

The four clinked their glasses and after a sip, Brian and Justin kissed.  The men chatted about a few minor things and then landed on the upcoming trial. Kevin gave them some tips and as they pulled up to the dock, he let them know he was licensed in Pennsylvania.  

“Thank you for everything, Kevin.”  Brian shook his hand and then Tom’s.

“Yes, thank you.” Justin hugged both of them.  

As they started down the steps, Brian and Justin were handed two more bottles of champagne and they stood there watching the boat as it moved away. When they knew the men were no longer watching Brian felt Justin sag against him.  “Sunshine, hold on.” Brian set the bottles down and then tightened his arm around Justin’s waist.  

“I’m sorry, Brian.  You know if you don’t want anyone to know we did this I would understand.  I would understand….”

“Shut up, Justin.  We maybe didn’t say it but this is for better or worse.  This is for sickness and health.  Fuck, Justin,” he stopped and faced him, “I know there is no use living if you aren’t in my life.  God, I love your body but your soul is so much more important.”  Brian lifted him up and carried him the rest of the way.  He opened the door and put him down on the sofa.  “I’ll be right back.” He rushed upstairs and came down with Justin’s meds and grabbed a bottle of water for him.  

“Thank you, Brian.” He swallowed two pills.  “Go get the bottles.  We will want them later.” Brian pulled a blanket up over Justin and walked out softly.   He went and grabbed the bottles but before walking back into the house, he took a deep breath.  He didn’t regret marrying him for a second but what if...he knew Justin wouldn’t be happy living like this. 

Brian walked into the cottage and found Justin asleep.  He moved to the counter where there was a computer set up. He opened an email and sent a message to Dani.  ‘ Dani, please get an appointment for Justin at his neurologist.  Too many headaches. Hope all is good there.’

 Before Brian could move he received a message back.  ‘All good.  Sorry Justin is having problems.  James’ mom is visiting. Nice lady Opposite the personality of James. Go take care of Justin.’

Brian walked back to the sofa and slipped behind Justin on the large sectional and held him close.  He held his husband close. He didn’t care what came as long as they were together.


James walked into the main house, “Well, my mother will be here by dinner.”

Dani smiled at him, “Is your mom’s visit a good thing or a bad thing?”

“Oh, I love my mom very much and I respect the hell out of her.  If I’m honest, she still scares me a bit.” James walked over to the kitchen, “Can I help with anything?”

“No, just sit.  It will be ready in 5 minutes. So what is your hesitation?”

“My mom knows I’m gay but she isn’t comfortable with it.  She saw me hold hands with a boyfriend one time and, well, let’s just say for the next month she tried getting me a date with every girl in the neighborhood we lived in.  I should tell you, my mother is very young.  She had me when she was just 15 years old so many have thought I was her partner, not her son. She is a stunning woman and a force to be reckoned with.”

“Does she usually make surprise visits?” Dani set a pan on the table and handed him a serving spoon.

“No, and I wonder what has brought her from New York.  She has worked for the same family for many years and they aren’t usually very spontaneous.  I guess I will find out in a couple hours.” He dished up some of the food and smiled at her, “This is very good.  Thank you.” 

Dani was always surprised when she heard James speak.  He had such a gentle voice for such a large man.  She almost wished he wasn’t gay.  He was gorgeous and sweet but a man was the last thing she needed right now.  She had finally realized she wanted to go back to college.  She wanted to complete her doctorate in physical therapy and continue to help people.   

“I got an email from Brian.  I sent a message to Justin’s neurologist. It sounds like he is having a rough time.”

“Oh,” James said and then focused completely on his meal.

“James, what does that mean?”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“No, but your silence speaks volumes.”

“If my mother finds out she will try to get him to take some herbal remedy.”

“Well, if it helps him, I’m all for it.”

“Being raised in Haiti there were a lot of potions and ceremonies.  Mom doesn’t follow all the chants and magic but she has had some success helping people.”


“Well, I am sure Justin would be willing to try anything.  The stress is just making work so it is a vicious circle.”

“Who knows, maybe she will be gone before they get home.  It is an odd time of the year for her to have time off.”

“I can tell you love her very much.”

James smiled at her, “Yes, I do.”  The house phone rang and James got up to answer it.  “Good evening.  You have reached the Taylor-Kinney estate.”

“Well hello, honey.  I don’t know who this is but you aren’t Mr. Taylor or Mr. Kinney. Are Brian and Justin around?” the voice asked.

“No, they are not available this evening,” James responded, “May I ask who is calling?”

“Of course you can ask, sweety.  This is Emmett Honeycutt.  I am a long time of those beautiful boys and I am coming tomorrow to visit them.”

“Mr. Honeycutt, they will not be available tomorrow.”

“Sweetie, what’s your name?”

“My name is James.  I work for Mr. Kinney and Mr. Taylor.”

“Well, James, do you have something you can write with? I want you to get them a message. Get a hold of those boys anyway you can and tell them if I don’t hear back from them I plan to be at that estate to see Justin around 6:00 on Sunday. Oh, and honey, I hope to meet you then.”

“Mr. Honeycutt, was it? I can’t promise they will be home.”

“Well, I guess if they aren’t around you and I will just have to get acquainted.” The line went dead.

“Have you ever heard of an Emmett Honeycutt?”

“Actually, ya.  Go over and get that picture off of the bookcase over there.”

James got it and handed it to Dani.  Dani looked at the picture and pointed out Emmett. “Do you remember him from that club? What was it called? Babylon?”

“Actually, I do.  He was the kind of guy that was everyone’s friend.  Well that’s not quite true. He was either your friend or watch out!”  James got quiet.

“And were you a friend?”

“Well, I don’t know if I was but I think I would like to be.”

“Well, James, maybe you will get your chance.” Dani kissed his cheek and got up just as the phone started buzzing letting them know someone was at the front gate.  James quickly looked at the screen that showed the gate.  He picked up the phone and pushed the gate button and then responded. “Mom, glad you made it.  Just stop at the main house.  I am here having dinner.”

“Oh, son, I can’t wait to see you.” Veronica Augustin’s voice didn’t have the normal lilt it usually had.  His mother rarely sounded depressed but tonight she did.

“She sounds tired.”

“No, it’s more than that.  Something has happened.”

“Well, I will go into my room.  You offer your mom some dinner and then take her back to your place.  I will clean up after you have gone.”

“Thank you, Dani. You don’t have to….”

“See you later. Call me if you need to talk.”  Dani disappeared into her room as James jogged to the front door.

James opened the front door and saw the face of his mother.  He wrapped his arms around her and turned a circle.  “Oh, my handsome boy.  And look at this house you work in.”

“It is so good to see you, Mom.” He glanced over her shoulder and saw her car was full with what looked like all of her belongings. “Please, come in. Are you hungry? Would you like something to drink?”

“Really, James, all I want is to go get settled at your house.”

“Ok, Mom. Follow the road to the right and I will meet you on the road and you can follow me to my house.”

Ronni got in her car and James went back through the house.  He knocked on Dani’s door and just said, “Mom wasn’t hungry.  Call if you need something.  See you tomorrow.”  With that James was out the back door making sure the door was locked and he jogged to the road and led his mom back to the guest house.

“Mom, what do you want brought in right now.”

“Boy, just grab the overnight behind the driver’s seat.”

“Mom, are you going to tell me what is going? Are you staying here?”

“Son, can we talk about it later?”

“Sure, Mom! Let’s get you settled in one of the spare rooms and we can talk later.”

“I will go get settled in and we can talk later.” James tried to take her bag so he could carry it up the steps but she held on to it. “No, James.  I have it,” she snapped at him. But she instantly regretted it.  “I am sorry, my love.  I am just tired. I will be down in a little bit.’

An hour later James was still waiting for her.  He finally heated up some of the soup that Dani had made and with a piece of bread, he put it all on a tray and carried it upstairs.  He walked to the door and was sure he heard her sniffling.

“Mama, I brought you a little dinner. May I come in?”

“I am not hungry, James,”

He opened the door anyway and carried in the tray.  “Mom, you need to eat something. I wish you would talk to me.  I am not a child anymore.” 

“I know that.  You are a grown man who loves his mother.  James, thank you for the soup.  I promise I will eat it and then we will talk tomorrow?”

“Alright, Mom.  I have to go out and check the grounds once more before it gets completely dark.  Text or call me if you need anything and I will be back in about an hour.”

Veronica walked to her son who towered over his mother and kissed his cheek.  “Thank you, James.  I love you.”

“I love you, too, Mom.”


The sun was setting when Justin woke up. Brian felt him move and brought his mouth to the soft skin below his ear.  “Hey, Sunshine.  How is your head?”

“It seems to be good.  I know it isn’t the cause but it does seem to be worse lately if I drink.  I guess I will have to stick with soda or water.”  He turned to face Brian and pressed his pelvis tightly against Brian’s. “I think I am up for our honeymoon.”

“You are definitely getting there,” he smiled as he rolled so Justin was pressed against the sofa below them as Brian worked his magic and somehow managed to get Justin’s and then his own pants down. He got up and tugged Justin’s chinos all the way off and stepped out of his own before positioning himself to enter his husband. He wasn’t rushing anything.  He took time to unbutton Justin’s shirt and then his own and then with both of them totally naked, Brian’s hands and lips were everywhere until Justin was begging for him to enter him and that is when Brian positioned and, being as careful as he could be, entered him and that is all it took to drive Justin to climax and cum all over Brian’s stomach and chest.

“I love you, Mr. Taylor-Kinney,” Justin managed to get out.

“I love you too, Justin. We will find a solution to this.  I promise, we will find someone to help with your headaches.”

After a few minutes Brian got up and went and grabbed their robes.  When he came back Justin had put on his briefs and was picking up their pants and shirts and placing them on a chair.  “I want to wear these for our celebration later.” 

“We’ll get them professionally cleaned and pressed.” Brian helped Justin with his robe and as Justin tied the belt, Brian wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders from behind.  Justin relaxed against him.  

“Let me make us some dinner.” Justin said as he turned to kiss him.

“Are you sure you’re up to it?”

“I’m fine, Brian.  I slept through it.  I think I’ll make an appointment for next week. Maybe they have better meds for me.”

“I’m glad you said that.  I asked Dani to get one scheduled for you.  I hope she managed to get one.  Oh, I forgot to tell you, Dani said James’ mom is visiting.”

“Oh, that’s nice.  She can help him settle in. It will be nice to meet her.”

The evening was sweet and romantic.  They straightened up the kitchen together and then Justin pulled Brian into his arms.  “You know, I’m here for you, too.  I am sure you feel like you are always taking care of me but I want you to know I plan to be an equal partner.  Dani is helping me set up a site to sell my artwork and take on some commissions.”

“That is great, Sunshine, if you want to.  I don’t know how you will have time to do that with an infant in the house.”

“Well, we plan to hire a nanny.  I know I will need time away and art usually is my escape which I will need if these headaches are permanent.”

“We will search until we find something that helps you.” Brain sat up and kissed him.  “I am going to check emails to make sure everything is good at the estate and then I suggest we take a long hot bath in that killer tub.  Our bathroom is nice but once that place is ours, We are going to do a little remodeling and the first thing I am doing is getting a huge slipper tub for the two of us.”

Justin’s hand roamed over Brian inside his robe. “Don’t take too long. I will go start the water.” He unbelted Brian’s robe and ran his hand down until it rested on Brian’s cock.  It started responding instantly.  

“I will be up in less than five minutes.” Brian watched Justin run up the stairs and walked to the computer, opening the email.

Dani let him know Tuesday he had an appointment scheduled and she had made it for the first thing in the morning because she saw Brian had an afternoon meeting.  She also said that someone named Emmett was going to be at their house at 6:00 p.m. tomorrow because he couldn’t wait another day to see the gorgeous boy.

Brian snarled a little.  Em never could keep his hands off Justin but he was a friend and he had kept him away long enough. As much as he grumbled at Em, he had one of the best hearts he had ever met.

“Brian, I’m pouring in the bubbles.”

Brian closed the computer. “Coming!” He could think of nothing he would rather do than spend the night in the bath with Justin.  As he took the steps two at a time he pictured Justin with Aaron in his arms. Adding Gus to the picture, he had a family and nothing would distract him from always doing what is best for them.

Brian slipped into the tub with Justin and soon both of them forgot the world  and as the night grew later and they moved to the bed, another storm rolled through. As the thunder shook the windows and the lightning lit up the room. Justin watched Brian sleep and couldn’t believe how his life changed in four months.

Brian mumbled in his sleep and reached for Justin who slid into the curve of his body.  They were made for each other, physically and mentally. Justin felt safe in this spot.  He always had and always would.


James smelled wonderful aromas coming from downstairs when he woke up.  He dressed and went to find his mother.  He had been awake half the night trying to figure out what might have happened that brought his mother here. His mother was singing  a song he remembered from when he was a child.  He never understood it all but he got the jist.  It was about a wayward lover.  Had his mother lost a lover?  

As he got to the bottom step, his mother smiled over at him.  “Jamie boy, you have slept half the morning way.” James looked around and saw his mom had brought in several bags and boxes.

“Mom, are you going to tell me what is going on? You said you were coming for a visit but it looks like you might be moving in.”

“If you don’t want me here I will pack my car and leave,” she moved to one of her boxes.

“Mom, you  know that’s not what I meant.  I am worried about you.  You have worked for the same family for so many years.  Did something happen?”

“Sit, I will get you some breakfast.”  Ronni filled his plate with sausages, peppers and  eggs. 

“Mom, where did you get all this? I didn’t have this in the house?”

“I went up to the main house.  That is a real kitchen.”

James ate a few bites and sighed, “Oh, Mom, I have missed your cooking and you. Now, tell me what is going on.”

“The family grew up and grew apart.  The house is for sale and they are getting divorced.  After 20 years they don’t need me anymore.  I thought maybe I could find a job in this area so I could see you more often.” 

“I would love that, Mom.  Would you like to raise another baby?”

“Oh, James, that is exactly what i want. Do you know someone who has a baby?”

“My bosses are going to have a baby in a month or 6 weeks.”



“Mom, I take it you are still avoiding the fact I am gay and someday, the only way you will have grandchildren is if I find a surrogate.”

“But, James, you have everything a woman wants.”

“Mom, I also have everything a gay man wants.” He walked over to her and put his arms around her.  “I am sorry I am such a disappointment.”

She took a step back and looked up into his eyes.  “You may have chosen a path I am not fond of but I am always proud of you.  Never doubt my love for you, son.”

“Oh, Mom, I know that but you still think it is a choice.  It is who I am.”

“Finish your breakfast. It is getting cold. Tell me about that big house. I heard someone in a side room but I slipped out.  I didn’t want to scare whoever it was.”

“That would have been Dani and she didn’t hear you or she would have called me.”

“A girl who calls my son?” 

James saw the spark in her eye.  “Mom, she is almost eight  months pregnant and as soon as she has the baby she will be moving on.”

“A mother who doesn’t want to raise her own child?” Ronni gave her son a look.

“Mom, you don’t know her story and I will tell it to you sometime but don’t you dare say anything like that to her.  She is a wonderful woman who has been dealt a bad hand.  Not everyone is you.  I wouldn’t have wanted another mother but not everyone can do what you did.”

“I will behave! Will this Dani let me cook in that amazing kitchen?”

“Oh, I am sure she will. She is a good cook but she is getting tired. Oh, and there is an herb garden I am sure you will help me with.  I am not sure what it all is but I am sure you will know and make the best of it.”

“Herbs?” her voice perked up.  “When can we go?”

“Well,” James ate the last bite of his breakfast, “let me brush my teeth and we can go.  It is time for me to make my first security check of the day, anyway.”

Ronni and James walked around the property. James made sure there was nothing out of place. “Son, considering the fence around this estate isn’t a security guard overkill?”

“This family has a reason.  And I am not only security.  I am basically a caretaker for the estate.”

“You, with your college education, are a caretaker?”

“Mom, it’s not something I will do the rest of my life but I really like this people and I think, Brian, Mr. Kinney, will see that I am doing a good job and I don’t doubt he will help me find something else when the time comes.”

“Well, it sounds like you have found some good friends. Now tell me why they need security.”

As they finished the security check James told his mother about Justin’s bashing and then about the faked death.

When he had finished telling her the basics, she stopped.  “How could a father do that? How is Mr. Justin now?”

“Plagued with headaches.  They are debilitating.  When the headaches hit he can’t do anything.”

“Well, I will have to mix him up a tonic.  I am sure it would help.  I know because of his injury I may not be able to cure it but my old ways medicine might help at least.”

“I am sure he would be willing to try anything.”

“Now, can we go see this herb garden and meet Dani?”

“Yes, Mother.” he draped an arm around Ronni’s shoulders as they walked to the back garden. 


After she looked through the herb garden and did some weeding while she did so, they moved into the house.  She already had her pockets full of  different herbs. One pocket was full for herbs she knew were good for pregnancy and the other contained some she wanted to dry for her headache potion. 

Dani loved Ronni immediately.  She was a stunning woman with a personality that was bigger than life but in the best of ways.  She was instantly your friend and, although she didn’t look much like a mom, she began mothering everyone.  

“So, Dani, I would guess you have one month left?”

“Yes, five weeks according to the doctor.  As big as my ankles are I hope it is less than that.  I can’t imagine how big they’ll be by the time he gets here.”

“Well, I can’t promise this will solve that but if you drink a couple cups of this a day it will help.” Ronni set a cup down in front of her.

‘What is this?” Dani asked.  “I saw you putting it together but it is nothing I have seen before.”

“It is an old Haitian potion.  We have lots of them.  I promise it is just made from herbs in the garden.  You may not enjoy the taste but, trust me, by this afternoon you will beg me for another cup.” 

Dani took a sip.  She couldn’t say it was a pleasant taste but it wasn’t horrible.  “This isn’t so bad.  I have tasted a lot worse.  I am not that good a cook.”

“Dani, you aren’t a bad cook,” James interjected.

“Thanks, James.  I guess I’m not bad but I’m not that good either.”

“Well, Mom, I have some work to do.  I am sure you can stay here or go back to my house.” James said as he walked to the door.

“Yes, Ronni, you are welcome to stay,” Dani said.

“Well, I can tell you that there is plenty of weeding for me to do in that garden and it would be nice to get to know this friend of my son.”  She gave Dani a little hug.  “When are the masters of the estate scheduled to return? I am anxious to meet them.”  Ronni was saying as James left the house.


Brian felt Justin’s mouth close around his member. God, life didn’t get any better. He was with the man he loved, his husband, and what that man did to him. Just as that thought crossed his mind, Justin’s hand moved between his legs and his finger moved inside of him.  As his finger targeted his prostate, Brian lost control. As Justin took care of every drop all Brian could think of was wanting to feel more than his finger against his prostate.  Justin moved up into Brian’s arms.

“Good morning, Mr. Kinney.”  Brian could taste himself on Justin’s kiss. 

“Good morning, Mr. Taylor.”  Brian pulled him close. “Fuck, I love you more today then yesterday and I didn’t think that was possible.”

“I love you, too,Brian.”

“Justin, make love to me.  I want to feel you inside  of me.”

“Are you sure?” In response, Brian turned, offering his back to Justin. 

Without hesitation, Justin positioned himself and then, in one fluid motion, he slid deep inside of him.  It always amazed him how Brian, even if it had been a couple months, had a way of relaxing himself that allowed him to move easily and yet still tighten around him enough to make him lose control. He held on as long as he could but then let out a cry as he filled Brian.  He collapsed back on the mattress.

Brian rolled over and wrapped his long arms around Justin’s naked body.  “I should have gotten married years ago.”

“And who would you have been married to?” Justin asked quizzically with a smirk on his face.  “Are you talking about marrying me on my 18th birthday or was there someone earlier.  How many times did you say all it was was fucking.”

“It was a lie.  I think I fell in love with you the first night when I had to show you what rimming was.”

“Oh, and you showed me so well.  I probably would have married you that night. I had no doubt I loved you.”

After another round of lovemaking the men took a long, hot shower and then went down to find some breakfast.  As they ate they talked about their plans for the day.  

“Did I tell you Emmett is coming about 6:00.  If you want to spend the day here, we can get him a message,”  Brian said casually.

“Em is coming?  Oh, I have missed him.” Justin was excited thinking about seeing another old friend.  “Can we go home?”

“If you hadn’t shown me how much you love me several times this morning,” Brian pulled him close, “I might get a bit jealous.”

“You know Em and I are just friends.  I have missed him. I have missed my normal life.” Justin dropped his head on Brian’s chest.  “Em loves a good party.  Maybe he will organize it for us.” Justin kissed him once more, “Let’s go home.  We can spend some time at the pool. A little skinny dipping always makes us both feel better.”

“You have to remember we have two women at Britan now.  Dani’s already seen all my bits but not yours and we have an older woman there now.  Have you seen any pictures of James’ mother?” Brian asked.

“No, I haven’t.  Have you?”

“No,” Brian started chuckling, “Why do I picture a jolly, round woman with a thick accent?”

“Brian Kinney, are you falling into stereotypes?”

“Don’t tell anyone. It would ruin my image.”

“I know you don’t have a prejudicial bone in your body.  That’s one of the first...well second things I fell in love with about you. Brian, you are one of the most generous men I have ever met.  You don’t want people to know it but you always give people a fair shot.  Now, let’s pack up the  car and go to our place for the first time as a married couple.”

“I love the sound of that!” Brian swatted Justin’s ass as he ran up the stairs.


It was nearly 4:00 p.m. when they opened the gates of the estate. “Britan.  I know we joked about that name once but I like it.” Justin said as they drove up to the main house.  “I think we need to make a few changes to make it our home now.  Do you think we could get a sign for the front gate? I mean I know it is your place but we both live here.”

“Justin, don’t you realize that there is no longer any yours or mine.  It is all ours.  I will get Mel to draw up the paperwork.  Everything I own is yours, too, Sunshine, and everything you own is mine.”

“But I don’t own anything.”

“Sunshine, someday you will have made more money from your art than I will ever be able to make from advertising. In my old age, I will be able to sit back and live off my young husband.”

“I hope that is true.”  Justin said as he opened the front door.  He was instantly hit by the amazing aroma of something cooking. “Did Dani take cooking lessons in the couple days we were gone?”

“I don’t know but if this tastes half as good as it smells I …..”  

“Well, are the masters of the house home?” a strongly accented voice came from the kitchen.

“I forgot about James’ mom,” Brian said softly as a stunning woman came to greet them. “You can’t be James’ mom.”

“Ah, but I am.  Jamie boy said you would be home for dinner so I hope you don’t mind that I am cooking. I hear you have a friend coming.  Dinner will be ready at 7:00. Go enjoy the rest of your afternoon.”

Justin and Brian glanced at each other and then they saw Dani strolling their direction.  “I can tell you two it doesn’t pay to argue with this woman. Go enjoy the pool or each other or the pool and each other.  I think James will be out there soon.  He was finishing some lawn work in the back and then planned to cool off back there.”

“You know you could enjoy the pool yourself,” Justin said, slipping an arm around her expanded waist.

“I can’t fit in the swimming suit I bought a month ago.”

“You don’t have to wear a suit.  Any shorts and a shirt would do.”

“I think I’ll pass.  I’ll come and join you under an umbrella to be social.”

“That sounds good.  We will be out in a few minutes.” Brian and Justin moved toward the steps and then Justin looked back at her, “By the way, your baby will now be adopted by a married couple.” Justin and Brian shot up the stairs leaving Dani there with her mouth hanging open.

“Did those boys just say they were married?” Ronni  asked Dani.

“I think that is what they meant.”

“But that isn’t legal in the U.S. is it?”

“No, but it is in Canada.”

“And you think it is alright for two men to get married? And you would let them raise your child?”

“Ronni, there was a time in my life I might have questioned that but those two men have more love and compassion between the two of them that no one could doubt their ability to be a family.  Brian already has the most adorable son who is almost three and this baby, well, he is related to Justin. I am so glad that I know this baby will go to a family member that will give him a great life.”

“I think this is a story for another time.  I thought you might enjoy my mixture in iced form since it is still warm out there.”

“Ronni, you are an amazing woman.  You care about everyone even if you disagree with them.”

“There are too many things in this world to hate. Racism, sexism, political points of view…. I may disagree with a person’s beliefs but if they are a good person, I will treat them with love and kindness.”

Dani hugged the woman and  smiled, “I wish everyone had your point of view.  I know now why I love your son so much.”

“You love my boy?  Maybe  if you…”

“James is like a brother to me and, as attractive as I find him, he is not interested in the parts I have.  Ronni, is that the one thing you can’t come to terms with? You know it was nothing you did but it wasn’t his choice either.”

“Dani, it is. I love that boy and I would give my life for him but I just don’t understand this.  In my culture it just isn’t accepted.” Ronni went silent and Dani could see she went into her own world.  Dani kissed the older woman’s cheek and left her with her thoughts.