- Text Size +

Chapter 3


“Mom….”

Jenn stopped in her tracks but didn’t turn around.  She could still see Brian out of the corner of her eye and saw him looking toward the bedroom and then he moved that direction.

“Mom, don’t be angry at Brian.  I told him not to tell you.”

Jenn turned around slowly.  Brian was standing with his arm around Justin’s waist and as she looked at her son’s face, tears began to flow. “Justin,” was all that would come out as her arms opened up.  Brian helped him steady himself as he walked toward her but stepped away as their arms encircled each other. “Oh, Justin, I can’t believe you are here in my arms.” She looked over his shoulder at Brian.  “How could you keep this from me?”

“Mom, can we sit down?” he moved toward the sofa.  “I can’t stand for very long.” Jenn’s arm tightened around his waist as they walked over and sat down.

“Honey, why didn’t you tell us? Where have you been? What did your father do?” by the time she got to the last question her tone had gone hard and accusatory.  

“Mom, I want to hear about you and Molly.  I have missed so much.  I’ll tell you about me later.”

“I just can’t believe I am sitting in front of you. I can’t believe you are alive.” Jenn hugged him for a long time.  Brian could almost see Justin healing while they hugged. It wasn’t doing anything for his physical problems but mentally he was getting stronger.

As Justin asked about Molly, Brian got Justin and Jenn a cup of coffee  but after handing them out he started moving away but Justin stopped him, “Bri, stay.”  Jenn didn’t look too happy about this but Brian sat behind him and put his arm around him.  He didn’t say anything but was there for his support.  After over an hour of talking with Jenn, Brian felt him leaning harder on him.  He began rubbing his temples.  No matter how upset Jenn was with Brian she could see her son relied on him.

“Justin, do you need some time to rest?”

“I kind of do.” Justin said as he laid back against Brian as he continued the circular motion.

“Jenn, come with Molly for dinner.  What time would be good for you?”

“We’ll be here around 6:00?” Jenn replied.  

“Ok,” Brian kissed Justin as he stood and laid Justin down.  “I’m going to walk your mom out.  I’ll be right back.”

Jenn kissed him and stroked his cheek, “I love you, honey.  I will see you tonight.”

Brian walked out with Jenn and as they rode the lift down, she turned on him, “How dare you keep that from me!  You have know he is alive for more than two weeks and you didn’t tell me!”

“Jenn, he was so fragile.  He could barely speak.  Craig had filled his head with lies.  He had beat his morale down.”

“Why!  Why would Craig do that?”

“He wanted to end up with a straight son.  Sunshine told me how he told him over and over that no man would want an invalid but he could find a nice woman who….  Justin could barely look at me. I sat outside his apartment for 30 minutes just to get him to open the door.  I had to keep his trust and telling you ….”

As they walked to her car and she opened the door, she turned and hugged Brian tightly.  “Thank you for loving my son so much.  I can see how much he is relying on you and I don’t think he could do that with anyone else.”

“Jenn, I want you to know, last night was the first night Justin had enough confidence to make love to me and I don’t know when he will be ready  for me to…. Well, everything is at his pace and if he is never ready again, I will still love him.”

Jenn softly kissed him, “We will be here for dinner.  I need to go tell my daughter her brother is alive.” Brian shut her car door and she drove away.

Brian went back in and took the stairs two at a time.  He hoped Justin was sleeping.  The emotional morning had worn him out and once Brian saw that he was napping, he stayed outside the door and called Ted.  He let him know that Jenn knew and was making sure they were looking for Dani.

“Brian, the investigator already has it down to three places.  I would say within a couple days we will know where she is but, Brian, I need to tell you something.”

“Fuck, Ted, I don’t know how much more I can deal with right now,” Brian sighed.

Ted heard a weariness he hadn’t heard in Brian’s voice since he had found Justin. “Brian, are you alright?”

“What is it, Ted?” he pulled a little more energy into his voice.

“Through the grapevine word on the street is that Craig has hired his own detective to track Justin down.  Brian, it sounds like he has someone on your loft, watching all the time.  Justin is going to need to stay away from the windows and you may want to think about finding someplace else to live for a while.  I was just thinking, now that Jenn knows, maybe she knows of a house you could use or rent for a while.  She has access to listings.  I know it is just my opinion but I would get him out of the city in a well secured home or apartment.”

“Ted, I hope you know how important your opinion is to me,”  Brian stopped.

“Brian, are you here?”  Justin’s voice came from the loft.

“I have to go, Ted.  Thanks for everything,” Brian ended the call. “Coming, Sunshine. I had a phone call and didn’t want to wake you.” He walked into the loft and saw Justin standing by the kitchen counter.  He walked up behind him and enclosed him in his arms from behind as he breathed in his scent as he kissed his neck.  At least this didn’t freak him out anymore.  “How’s your headache?”

“Better.  I’m sorry I made you lie to Mom.  Why couldn’t I just know that of course my dad lied about that, too.  I just can’t trust my own thoughts.”

“You have come a long way already.  We understand that. We all love you.” Justin turned and Brian pulled him in for a kiss. It was long and soft, not asking for anything more. 

When they separated they were both flushed and Justin didn’t move away.  “Who was on the phone?”

“Ted.  They have a couple good leads on Dani.  He thinks by mid week they will have her tracked down.”   

Justin noticed Brian wasn’t making eye contact.  “Brian, what else did he say?”

“Your dad is looking for you. I think we should move for a while.  Maybe Molly and your mom could come with us, make it a vacation.”

“You are making light of this, Brian.  We know he’s dangerous now but I would love to spend time with Mom and Molly.  You would stay too, right?” I need you,” Panic building in his voice. “Brian, I’m sorry but I can’t….”

“I will not leave your side without your permission. Sunshine, you are my life, don’t you know that?  I finally have my life back.”

“It doesn’t look like you are living much.  It looks like you are babysitting. How can you be happy living like this?”

“You’re here,” Brian replied.  “I don’t need anything else.”

“You are so full of shit, Kinney!” Justin kissed his cheek.  Brian tapped his other cheek and Justin kissed that side. Brian then tapped his lips and Justin pressed his body against him and as their lips met, Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck and Brian’s hands slipped into his jeans. As his hands slid over his smooth skin sending a shiver through him.  

Just as Justin started to undo Brian’s fly, the phone rang. “Fuck,” Brian whispered. He ran his finger over Justin’s bud before removing  his hands and went to grab his phone.

Justin stood there wanting Brian so badly.  Maybe tonight he would feel comfortable enough to let Brian… How could he keep this sexy man if he wouldn’t let him make love to him?  He watched Brian at the desk doing something for work.

He wandered over to the window and stared down at the street.  He watched people and cars and then he saw it, a man standing in a doorway across the road with a camera. As he tried to rush away from the window he fell to the floor.  Before he could get up, Brian was at his side.

“What happened? Are you alright?”

“There’s a man with a camera across the road. Dad!  I’m sure he’s with Dad.  I can’t go back with him I can’t…..”

Brian sat on the floor and pulled Justin against him.  “You will never go back to him, not while your mother and I are alive. And, you would never go with him again, now that you know the truth of his lies.  I emailed your mom and she has a place we can go tomorrow.  I didn’t read the rest because that’s when you fell. Please just stay away from the windows while we’re here.  I know he wouldn’t hurt you but…”

“Wouldn’t hurt me?  He kept me away from everyone I love for two years. Letting me die would have been so much easier for me.”

“Don’t ever say that!” Brian rolled and pinned him to the floor.  Brian forgot the element of being gentle and crushed him to the floor as he began to pull at Justin’s shirt.  He pushed it over Justin’s head as his mouth nipped around Justin’s chest as his hand moved into Justin’s fly.

“Brian, no.  Not here.  Not now!” Justin tried to quit talking.  His heart wanted to continue so badly but his mind stopped him in a panic.

Brian took a deep breath and held Justin lightly in his arms, “I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to push you. I just thought about not having you again” He gently stroked Justin’s cheek.

“I do want you, Brian. I want you so bad but my mind freaks and….”

“I know, Sunshine, and I wish I knew how to help you.” He kissed him softly, “Justin, we will figure this out. We have the rest of our lives.” 


Brian laid down with Justin until he dosed in the afternoon and then worked at his desk. He really hoped Jenn and Molly  would consider moving in with them at this new place for a while.  He loved spending time with him and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else but his business was suffering and he couldn’t afford that either.  Ted had emailed and said that the investigator hoped to talk to Dani today.  If she could work with Justin would also help.  He felt helpless when it came to Justin’s physical improvement.  The speech had come a long way and he may be walking a little better but that is where he couldn’t help.  He would always be there but he didn’t know how to push him.  He had caused enough stress by pushing for sex.  He didn’t mean to but he couldn’t get close enough to him.

Brian took the time to look at an email Jenn had sent that had pictures of an estate at the edge of the city.   It was private and had a fence around the entire property.  There were gates at every entry and there was already a contract with a security company.  Brian looked at the layout.  There was a nice suite on the main level.  It was probably supposed to be for the help but it was a large room with a full bath so he and Justin could use that room.  Molly and Jenn could stay upstairs and if Dani was willing he was sure there was plenty of room for her, too.  He counted six bedrooms upstairs.  This property would work well. Plus, it had a pool which might be helpful for Justin and the rest of them would enjoy it, too.  He texted Jenn and told her to take it.  They would talk when she got to the loft.


Brian ordered dinner for the four of them and about 5:00 p.m. he slipped into bed to feel the heat of Justin.  He kissed his neck as his arm slipped around his waist.

Justin sighed, “Um, what time is it?”

“Your mom and Molly will be here in about an hour. Did you want to take a shower before they come?”

“No,” he rolled over and kissed Brian.  “I want an appetizer.”  Justin slid down Brian’s body and, with a little difficulty, undid his fly and brought out his cock.  He slowly took it into his mouth as Brian relaxed on the bed.  It only took a few minutes and he was fighting to keep control and then with a flick of his tongue, it was over.  Brian exploded and Justin greedily swallowed every drop. “Now,  follow me and wash my back!”  Justin got out of bed and walked to the bathroom.

Brian smiled. He loved him so much and each day he was getting better.


Jenn hadn’t told Molly, yet.  She told her they were going to Brian’s for dinner.  “Brian invited us for dinner? We just saw him yesterday.  He has never invited us for dinner before. Why is he inviting us tonight?  Mom, could it be…”

“Take a breath, girl, and give me a chance to respond,” Jenn pointed to the door, “We’ll talk on the way.”  Together they walked to the car.

“You know why he invited us, don’t you?  Mom, you have to tell me.  Is it Justin? Mom, is he dead? I can take it.  Did they find out he really is dead? That Dad didn’t do anything…” It was the first time in a very long time that Molly had mentioned her dad and that’s when Jenn realized she had forgotten that side of Molly’s reaction. Yes, she would be so excited Justin was alive but she would have to face what her father had done.

Jenn pulled out and started driving into Pittsburgh.  “Molly, I do have some news and some of it isn’t good but some of it is very good.”

“Mom, I’m not a child anymore.  I can deal with it, but Mom, if the bad news is about Justin, just tell me.”

“The bad news has nothing to do with Justin.” Jenn pulled into a small parking lot a few blocks from Brian’s loft.

“Mom, please, just tell me.  I don’t understand what is going on.”

“Molly, sweetheart, Justin is alive.  You will get to see him in a few minutes.  He is very excited to see you.”

Molly started jumping up and down, “Mom, why are we sitting here?  I want to see my brother.  Where has he been?  Why did he lie to us?”  As she said the last line her speech slowed.  She was a bright girl.  She was thinking things through.  “Mom, what did Dad do?  He did something, didn’t he?”

“Molly, let’s celebrate the fact that your brother is alive and doing well.  And we will talk about your dad later.  Is that alright with you?  Justin is waiting. He can’t wait to see his little sister.”

“Ok,  Mom, I do want to see Justin but then we are going to talk about him mom.  I’m not a kid anymore. I deserve to know what went on.”

“I promise we will talk about it but let’s go see your brother.”


The next half and hour Molly and Justin sat on the sofa, mostly hugging.  She didn’t even want to talk right now. She just wanted to snuggle with her brother and Justin was happy to accommodate her. Jenn had picked up Justin’s favorite dessert and she and Brian were setting the table and opening some wine. When they both ended up in the kitchen at the same time, Brian slipped his arm around her waist. “Jenn, I am sorry.  It was killing me but he just freaked out everytime I mentioned it.  He has come some far already.  I hope I have someone to help him with his physical therapy soon.”

Jenn finally spoke, “I know you did what he wanted but, you could have told me.  I would have stayed away.”

“Jenn, do you really think you could have done that.  You would have been hiding around the corner and he would have thought it was Craig’s goon.”

Jenn turned and looked at him, “Craig has sent someone around?” She wanted to yell it but she didn’t want her children to hear her.

“Yes, did you get the house for us?”

“Yes, I signed the papers this afternoon. I will….”  Jenn was interrupted by the buzzer for the downstairs door.

“Foods here,” Brian called as he buzzed the delivery driver in. 

Jenn walked over to her children and kissed each of them as they sat together and then the tears started.  “I never thought I would see you together again. I still can’t believe,” she touched Justin’s head and realized she could feel his injury.  She also could see him fight not to pull away.  She brought her hand to his shoulder. “Let’s see what Brian ordered.”

The next half hour they ate and laughed. When the dessert was served, Brian looked at Justin’s face when he took the first bite.  He wondered if he may have climaxed just from the taste.  He decided he was keeping the rest of that dessert and maybe using that to his advantage tonight. As they finished eating Brian reached over and took Justin’s hand.

“Jenn and Molly,” Brian started.  As he started to talk, Molly moved her chair right next to Justin. “Jenn, first, whatever you say goes, but we would love for the two of you to stay with us all the time or part of the time at the estate.  It will give you time to catch up and, to be honest, I need to get back to working more hours and if we have more people out here, everyone will have company.  Everyone can enjoy the pool.”

“Oh, Mom, can we?   I want to be with Justin and Brian.”

“I don’t know how long we can stay but yes, I can take a couple weeks off and we can decide after that, what we want to do.” Jenn saw Molly’s face light up.  This is what the two of them needed after the last two years.

“Jenn, do you think you can both be ready at 10:30?”

“Molly? Can you be ready at 10:30?”

“I can be ready at 8:00 but I really wish I had a new swimsuit and I could use …..”

“Molly, I will let you go on a shopping spree once we are settled in.  We can get anything delivered. So I will have the car at your place at 10:30.”

“I can drive us out there,” Jenn interrupted.  

Brian shot Justin a look and he said, “Hey Mollusk, my brain doesn’t work fast enough right now to lie to you but Mom and Brian need to talk so why don’t you and I go play video games?”

“But Brian will tell you what is going on.  I…”

“Molly, you and I both trust Mom and Brian and right now we just need to let them talk.”  He stood and leaned against her as they walked over to the TV.

Jenn started clearing the table but when they both ended up in the kitchen Brian pulled her even further back, “Jenn, we know Craig’s been watching the loft and if he knows you were here tonight he may start watching you. too.   I don’t know what he’s thinking but I do know he isn’t happy I found him and took him back.  I don’t like saying it like that.  He needed to get out of that situation.”

“And in the safety of the estate we will have lots of time to talk and hopefully, talk to Molly about everything.  She can be so mature but she’s also a little girl who loved her daddy once. She hides it well but I have seen her hurt because he wasn’t around.”

“I want to kill him!” Jenn spit it out softly.

“Oh, he is going to pay.  Justin was my first priority but now, when we are all together in an  undisclosed site, I will start figuring out what we need to get him locked up where he belongs.”

“But I don’t want Molly hurt by that man anymore than…”

“Jenn, your children are my top priority, but I do need  to spend a little more time with Kinnetik or my business might start to suffer.”

“Brian, we are all in this together.” Jenn put her arms around Brian and they hugged.

“Um, Mom, you have to find your own guy. I think Brian has proven, at least for now, he wants me.”

Brian let go of Jenn and pulled Justin against him, “Forever, Sunshine. I’ll love you forever.” 

Brian kissed him and behind him Jenn said, “Molly, I think it is time we go home.  We will see them in the morning.” Molly smiled seeing them kiss for the first time.  “Brian, text me in the morning.”

Brian managed to break away for a minute, “Jenn, if you see anything on your way home, let me know.” Justin’s hand went up and turned Brian’s head back so their lips met again.

As Molly and Jenn took the lift downstairs, Molly put her arm around Jenn’s waist, “I had never seen them together.  Justin really loves him and we know how much Brian loves him.”

“Yes, sweetie, Justin is very lucky to have found a man like Brian.”

“Mom, are you going to tell me what you and Brian were talking about?”

“Molly, you are going to just have to trust me right now.  Once we are all on a holiday together, we will talk.”  Jenn was very surprised when Molly just nodded and they got into the car.

Back up in the loft, Brian and Justin were still standing in the same place but both had lost their shirts by now. Brian reached out and his finger found its way into the remainder of the dessert.  He filled his finger and trailed it down his chest and then stuck his finger into Justin’s mouth. The reaction was exactly what he had hoped for. After Justin had rolled his tongue around Brian’s fingertip he ran his tongue along the trail Brian had created.  And as he did that, Brian’s hands moved down his bare back and then into the waistband of his pants.  

Justin’s mouth moved up to Brian’s ear and he said, “I think I’m ready, Brian.  Be gentle.”

“Like the first time?”

“Just know I trust you but if my brain….”

“All you have to say is no,” Brian’s fingers were running down the valley and as his finger slipped in, Justin’s arms tightened around Brian’s neck.

“I love you, Brian.”

“Oh,” Justin shivered as he tried to relax as Brian worked a second finger into him. “Now, Brian, let’s go to bed now.” Brian took his hand and led him to the bed. Slowly, they undressed each other before lying side by side.

“Justin, I don’t want you to feel trapped.”  He slipped one of Justin’s legs over his shoulder but left the other one to the side.  He didn’t want him to feel too enclosed.  Brian slipped a condom on and as he bent over to kiss Justin he slowly began to enter him.  When he saw Justin begin to look panicked he kissed him again and as the kiss deepened he moved the rest of the way into Justin and then as Brian began to move he felt Justin relax and it wasn’t long before, with tears running down his face, Justin cried out as he came hard and fast. Brian’s mouth came down and claimed Justin’s again and after a couple more thrusts Brian climaxed himself.

“I love you, Sunshine.  I love your heart, your soul, and, oh god, your body.  We were made for each other.  We just fit together.”

“Brian, thank you for rescuing me.  I love you.  I was slowly dying inside until you arrived.”


Brian woke to Justin rubbing his ass against his hardening cock.  He didn’t need to be asked twice. He grabbed a condom and put it on and then as he reached around and stroked Justin’s cock as he pressed into him. Brian had to breath slowly so he didn’t climax as soon as he felt Justin tighten around him.  It didn’t take long before they both shuttered and Brian was clinging to Justin and Justin turned to meet his lips. 

“Good morning, Brian.”

“It truly is a good morning.  I really don’t want to move but we are going away today.”

“Thanks for that, by the way.  With Mom and Molly coming, I feel a lot better.  I don’t know what he will try.”

Brian moved off the bed and offered his hand to Justin.  “Let’s shower and then we’ll get out of here.”

Justin was not moving very quickly. It was obvious he was in a little discomfort but he felt more alive than he had since he came out of the coma. Once in the shower Brian soaped Justin down and then, very gently, inserted his finger and slowly massaged his sphincter. He couldn’t resist stroking his prostate and Justin’s knees nearly buckled.

“Do you think Mom and Molly will notice if we don’t leave the bedroom?”

“I am sure we will find enough time.  Maybe this will help with your therapy.” Brian pulled him close and kissed him. 

When they finally separated, Justin said, “Let’s get out of here.”

Half an hour later Brian got a text that the driver had arrived.  He buzzed him up so he could bring the bags to the car.  When Brian heard the lift come back up, he was ready to tell the driver that they could handle the rest but then he saw him.

“Get the hell out of here.”  Craig Taylor stood in the doorway.

“I have come to get my son.”  He moved into the loft.

“You were not invited in here and I can promise you are not welcome.” Brian stepped into Craig’s path. 

Brian glanced over his shoulder to see if Justin was standing there but he didn’t see him. He looked back at Craig just in time to see Craig pull his fist back and the driver walked up behind him. He spun the older man around and knocked him out.

“Was that Ok, boss?” the driver said.

“That was perfect.  Can you take the trash out and we will be down in a couple minutes?”  He headed toward the bedroom and then added, “If you can find his car throw him in it and make sure he doesn’t wake up until we are out of here.” Brian rushed to the bedroom not sure what Justin’s reaction would be.  He looked around the bedroom and didn’t see him so he went into the bathroom. “Justin, Sunshine, where are you?”  Brian finally spotted him sitting behind the door to the closet.  He sat on the floor next to him and waited for Justin’s reaction.  He didn’t know if he should touch  him or not.  He took Justin’s hand and then Justin moved over into Brian’s arms.

“Is he still here?”

“No, he isn’t here.”

“He didn’t hurt you, did he?’

“Sunshine, he didn’t touch me.  Can you get up?”

“Help me?” Brian stood up and put one hand under Justin’s arm and took his hand as he helped him up.  He held him for a minute but knew they needed to get out of here.

“Justin, I don’t want to rush you but we need to get out of here. Our car is waiting.”

Brian locked up the loft and held on to Justin as they rode the elevator down and got into the back of the town car.  The driver caught his eye and nodded. In a few minutes, Justin was curled up on the back seat, asleep, with  his head on Brian’s lap. Forty five minutes later Brian bent over and kissed him.   “Sunshine, we are here.”

“Brian?” Justin opened his eyes, looking a bit confused and very frightened.

“You are safe here, Justin.  I promise he has no idea where we are and as soon as Jenn and Molly arrive the gate will be locked and no one will get in without our permission.”


Two hours later Molly and Jenn arrived.  Molly started roaming through the house and went to pick a bedroom while Jenn only had to look at Justin, who was sitting on the sofa, to know something had happened. As soon as she was sure Molly was out of earshot she sat next to Justin and Brian walked over and sat on Justin’s other side.

“What happened?” Jennifer put her arm around Justin but she felt him tense up.  

“We had a visit early this morning.”  Brian responded.

“Craig?”

Brian nodded and when he put his arm around Justin, Justin leaned into him.  “He came to take Justin back.  Well, obviously, that is never going to happen,” he said, kissing Justin’s temple.

“That asshole!  We need to have him arrested,” as her voice went up, Justin shrunk closer to Brian.  “Oh, honey, I’m sorry.”

Brian  looked at Justin, “Do you want to go unpack your suitcase?”  Justin nodded and stood. Brian walked him to the bedroom that was nearby, “Your mom and I will be right here.”  Justin walked back to Jenn and sat down.  “He needs to process what happened this morning.”

“What did happen?”

Brian told her about Craig sneaking in and about the driver knocking him out and taking him back to his car so Justin never saw him but heard him.  “He will be alright once he realizes he is safe.  I’d die before letting anything happen to him.”

“Don’t even say that. That would frighten him more. I can’t believe I married that man.  He wasn’t like that. Well, maybe it was just a different era.”

“Jenn, I’m glad you decided to come at least for a couple weeks.  I need to be able to spend time working or my business…. I have to be able to focus on it. I have got some major campaigns coming up.”

“You are right.  You deserve to keep your business going and you are supporting a lot of people there.”

“I have good people working for me.  Cynthia might be here from time to time and Ted definitely will be.  Oh, and to let you know, When we know Molly is ready, I will invite Mel and Lindsay over.  I will have Mel check out what Craig can be charged with and I need to see my son.  I think Justin will enjoy that too. He loved Gus.”

“I think that will be great but won’t Craig figure out who to watch?”

“None of them will drive here themselves.  It will only be with a car and driver and I hope you didn’t notice but there was another car following you that could have intercepted if needed.”

“Brian, this has to be costing you a fortune.”

“Oh, Craig is going to pay for it.  Trust me.”

“Mom!  You have to see this place.” Molly rushed in and looked around, “Where is Justin?”

“He’s unpacking in his room,” Jenn responded.  

“I should probably go do that, too,” Brian responded.

“Ok, Mol, lead the way and show me the upstairs.”


Brian walked to the bedroom and found Justin sitting on the bed.  His suitcase was open on the bed but it didn’t look like he had put anything away. Brian shut the door and moved the suitcase to a chair before he got on the bed and slowly took Justin into his arms.  He wasn’t sure what to do to help him.  He kissed him on the temple and slowly started to lay back with him.  Justin laid his head on Brian’s shoulder before Brian started talking.

“Sunshine, can you tell me what you’re thinking?” At first Justin just shook his head.  “You can’t let him win.  You can’t let him take over your mind.  You are so much stronger than he is.  He is a weak, miserable man.  You have love and joy in your life.” Brian ran his hand down Justin’s cheek.

“Sorry. I don’t know why…”

“Your father stole you and lied to you and then he brainwashed you.  What you have survived...you are so amazing.”

“But, why…” he had to stop and think how to say it.  “My words….”

Brian claimed his mouth and let his hand slide down Justin’s shirt and then up under it.  He made sure he didn’t threaten him at all.  The touch of his lips and his hands had Justin’s body responding to him but when Justin expected more, Brian backed off.  “Now try to talk.”

Slowly, Justin said, “I love you.” He kissed him once and then continued.  “Words are coming easier. Why?”

“I don’t know, Sunshine.  All I do know is that when I’m with you I focus on you and the rest of the world disappears.  I guess I just hoped that if your mind could settle down and focus it might do a reset.”

“My dad, I don’t want him…. He can’t affect me.  Don’t want him to...win.”

“Oh, he knows he lost and, if he’s smart, he better be getting scared. I have invited Mel, Lindz, and Gus out.”

“Gus is coming?”  That lit his whole face.

“Yes, my boy is coming and I can’t wait to see him but I also want to talk to Mel about Craig. The only thing I worry about is Molly’s reaction.  She knows your dad did wrong and she can’t believe he did it, but he’s still her daddy, and two years ago he deserted her, in her eyes.  But I am sure there is a little part of her that wants him back, that wants his love.  So, we want her ready for what could happen to him.”

“Jail?”

“I hope so. He deserves the worst he can get and I will find out what that is from Mel and what will probably happen to Hobbs. He has been in prison for two years. I don’t think that is nearly enough time but it will probably be about the end of his sentence.  And he will probably sue your dad, too.  We will figure this all out after Mel gets over the shock that you are alive.  But, do you agree, Molly needs to be our first priority?”

“Of course, she comes first. Now,...” Justin rolled so he was on top of Brian and ground his pelvis against Brian’s, “I better unpack.”


They all met in the kitchen to find some lunch.  Brian had put in a large grocery order and the cupboards were well stocked.  They had lunch and then while Jenn and  Brian worked for a while, Molly and Justin put on their swimsuits and went out to the pool.  They helped put lotion on each other and then they spent time playing in the pool together.  Justin noticed he could push his arm and leg harder but then he realized it was time to stop.  “Hey, Mollusk, can you help me out of here.  I need to sit for awhile.  Molly put her arm around his waist and helped him to the lounger.  “Why don’t you grab us a couple sodas and join me?”

Molly came back with two sodas and sat down next to him. “Justin, can we talk or are you too tired?”

“I’m not too tired, Molly, what do you want to talk about?” He slipped an arm around her and she moved very close to him.

“Tell me what happened.  What did Dad do?”

“Well, of course, I was in a coma so I don’t know exactly how he did it, but he convinced someone to sign a death certificate.  I don’t know where I was the first year.  I just remember when I came out of the coma and I was at a rehab place. Dad had a girlfriend there and she was great.  Brian is going to try to get her to come and help.  Dad dumped her  and moved me when I started talking too much.”

“Where did he move you?”

“Eventually to a small apartment.”

“Why, Justin? Why did he do all that?” Justin could hear the shakiness in her voice.

He kissed the top of her head, “He didn’t want a gay son and he figured if I thought everyone in my life deserted me except him he could convince me I am not gay.”

“Why would he want to change that?  Brian loves you.  That is so obvious and he is such a nice guy.”

“You know Dad never changes his mind. Does it bother you I’m gay?”

“Why would I? I love Brian, too. What’s going to happen to Daddy?”

“What do you think should happen to him?”

“He’s going to end up in jail, isn’t he?”

“I really don’t know what can happen to him.  My friend who’s a lawyer is coming tomorrow and she will tell us what will probably happen.  If nothing else he will probably have to pay a lot of money and the guy that hit me will probably get out of jail soon.”

“That’s not fair!” She jumped up.  “He hit you!  He almost killed you.  I thought you were dead for two years and it was his fault.  He hit you!”  Molly froze and then sat again in silence for a few moments.  “He was wrong but it was Daddy who lied and took you away from us.” Now the tears began to roll down her cheeks.  Justin opened his arms and she climbed into them. 

“I’m here now, Mol.  I’m not going away.  I know I’m different but I will get better.”

“Justin, would Daddy love me more if I was a boy? I haven’t seen him in two years.  Maybe I don’t want to see him now but….”

Justin held her tightly, “Oh Molly, it has nothing to do with you and I don’t know how to explain what he thinks but the way I look at it he wanted both of us on his terms and his terms were getting me to change and then he would have come back to get you from mom.”

“I will never leave Mom.  You had a head injury.  He used that against you but I don’t.  He can’t fool me.”

Justin smiled at his feisty little sister. “I love you, Mollusk.  I missed you.”

“I love you, too. So tomorrow the lawyer is coming?”

“Yes, although she may have to do some research before she can give us any idea what could happen.  Oh, and Brian’s son is coming, too.”

“I get to meet Gus?” Molly got excited.

“Yes, I have a feeling he will want to swim.  I can’t wait to see him, too.”

“Justin, will you promise to tell me what is going on? I think Mom thinks I can’t handle it.  It is worse not knowing.  Dad deserves to be punished.”

“I promise, Molly and I will assure Mom and Brian you can handle this.”

“Thanks, big brother,” Molly wrapped her arms around his neck.


Jennifer was standing at the French doors looking at her children when she felt a hand on her shoulder.  “Hey Brian,” she smiled up at him.

“What’s going on?” Brian saw Molly and Justin hugging.

“They are talking about Craig. Did you tell him to talk to her?”

“No, but I mentioned it to him because I wanted to know what his feelings were. Craig fucked with his mind and I knew he wanted Craig punished but I mentioned Molly  and her dad.  Of course, he felt obligated to take it on but I think that was for the best.  Molly would want his opinion and he is good at reading people’s emotions, much better than I am.”

“Brian, you are so good with him.  What did you say to him this morning? He went into the bedroom very shook up but when you came out for lunch he was much calmer and he didn’t talk a lot but when he did I could tell he didn’t struggle anymore.”

“I just did a reset on his brain.”

Jenn smiled and said, “Is that what we are calling it now?”

“Jenn, we didn’t have sex.  I just got him to focus and then he could think straight again.”

“Well, whatever you did, he is much more settled.  Did you get some work done?”

“Yes, and now I am mostly on vacation.  You know if you are interested in buying this place, I can get you a really good price on it.  The seller has already moved to the west coast and told me to take any reasonable offer.”

“I wasn’t thinking about moving out of the city quite yet but I will see how the couple big deals I have going turn out.  The pool obviously did him some good.  I watching him for a few minutes with Mol in the pool and he was walking well and throwing a ball which has to be good for muscle memory.”

“Why don’t you go out and join them for an hour and I will make dinner.”

“Jenn, this is supposed to be a vacation for you, too.”

“Well, I enjoy cooking for my family.  I will swim tomorrow.  Now go put on your trunks and relax. I will open some wine for dinner.”  Brian kissed her cheek and rushed to their room.

Brian played catch in the pool with Justin and Molly for half an hour but then Jenn called Molly in, she started to protest.  However, when she saw Brian and Justin moving close together, she didn’t argue and went in. Jenn and Molly both watched as Brian and Justin stood in each other’s arms kissing.  

“I’ll be back down to help with dinner in a few minutes. I just want to get out of this wet suit.”

When Molly got back down she started setting the table,  “Mom, Justin and I had a talk.”

“Oh, you did? About what?”

“I know Brian’s lawyer friend is coming tomorrow and whatever she says is right for Dad, I’m alright with.  He has to pay for what he did for Justin.”  Molly stopped for a moment and then she said, “Mom, is it ok if I still love him a little?” 

Jenn walked over and took her daughter in her arms, “Oh, Molly, of course you can.  He is still your father.  You aren’t responsible for what he did but you still have his blood in your veins and of course you love him.”

As the sun set, Brian and Justin stood in the pool in each other’s arms watching Jenn and Molly hug in the house,  “Molly’s going to be alright, Brian.  She has grown so much while I was gone.”

“Yes, she is strong just like the rest of you.”  Brian kissed him once more and then, taking his hand, began to lead him out of the pool.  “I am guessing dinner is about ready.  Let’s get out of these wet suits.”

Justin smiled up at him, “Do you think we have time for a shower?” and then winked.

“I can’t believe I am saying this but we’ll have to ask your mother.”