- Text Size +

Chapter 7


 “Oh god, Brian, what have you done? What did he do?”  Justin walked over and gently touched his chin and then softly kissed it.  “Did you accomplish what you went there to do?” he brushed a kiss on his lips as he started to unbutton Brian’s crumpled shirt.

Brian took hold of Justin’s hands, “Sunshine, it’s not pretty but I am fine.  There is no real damage.”

As Justin worked his way down the shirt the bruises appeared. “Oh, Brian…” he slid his hand, with a feather light touch over his discolored skin.  “Did you go to the hospital?” He slipped his hands up over Brian’s shoulders and carefully removed the shirt.  He bent and kissed the darkest of the bruises and then he undid the fly of his pants and steadied Brian as he stepped out of them Justin led Brian to the bed and once Brian had laid down, Justin began distracting him.  He laid his head on Brian’s pelvic bone and began to stroke his cock.  When it began to react, Justin took it into his mouth and slowly worked his tongue around the tip. He glanced at Brian’s face often to make sure it registered pleasure, not pain. Once he knew Brian was ready he straddled him and slowly lowered himself onto his erection.

“Wait, Stop!  Condom, you need to put a rubber on me.”

Justin didn’t stop and by the time he was moving up and down Brian couldn’t think straight.  His muscles clenched getting ready to climax which caused him more pain in his abdomen.  Knowing that Brian’s sperm was now deep inside his body he erupted himself. He rolled off him and laid next to Brian. He reached over and laced his fingers with his.

“Why did you do that?  We never, ever go bareback. It’s too dangerous.”

“Bri, how long has it been since you were with someone else?”

“About two year, actually it’s been over two years. But, Sunshine, if….”

“Are you planning on being unfaithful?”

“I waited for you when I thought you were dead.  I am not going to sleep around when I have you in my bed.”

“Brian Kinney, you are the only man I need, the only one I want. I am tired of the barrier between us when we are monogamous.  Now, tell me what happened with my father.”

“That conversation is not done.  You know I stayed outside of your dads and I just followed him to work.”

“And?”  Justin carefully ran his hand over Brian’s bruised side.

“I can’t tell you exactly what I said because I don’t remember but I made sure he knew he had lost and let him know he was going to lose a hell of a lot more.”

“He won’t try to run, will he?”

“I don’t think he will be that stupid but he may surprise me.”

Justin felt Brian’s stomach rumble under his hand. “Let me get you some food.” 

“I am hungry.”

“I have some cheese and fruit. What else would you like?”

“Anything that is quick. I can get up and…”

“You aren’t leaving this room.  I’m not done with you yet.  I’ll go see what’s in the fridge and will be back as quick as I can. What do you want to drink?”

“Pain killer.  I don’t care what it is but I need something to dull the pain.”

Justin walked out to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator.  He found some meat to add to the cheese and fruit  and then saw some croissants Molly and Jenn had made the day before. Then he pulled out a high quality bourbon he knew Brian had hidden away.

“Justin, is everything alright with Brian?”  Jenn stood at the bottom of the stairs in her swimsuit with her coverup.

“He is pretty beat up but he’ll be alright.  He’s hungry and in pain.”

“I hope your father is equally as uncomfortable.  I will be out at the pool.  I am going to have to go back to work soon so I am going to use the pool as long as I can. Call me if you need anything.” Jenn kissed his cheek.  “Justin, are you alright?”

“I am, Mom.  I just want to be back to normal and this to be done.”

“Oh, I almost forgot.”  Jenn walked over to the counter and picked up a bag with a jewelry store logo on it. “This was delivered to Brian earlier today.

Justin looked at it and setting the bottle on the counter slipped it on his wrist before picking up the bottle again and heading toward the bedroom. He opened the door and was ready to question Brian about the bag when he saw Brian laying on the bed.  His bruised chest was a stark contrast to the snow white sheet he had pulled up to his waist.  He set the bag in a chair and walked over to Brian. He sat on the edge of the bed, “Brian, darling, are you awake?”

Brian’s eyes fluttered open, “Ya, I was just enjoying the bed, although I was getting lonely.”

“Let me help you sit up and then I will prop pillows behind you.”

“Will you let me come sit on the sofa? It will be easier to eat.”

“Ok, on one condition.  When you have eaten your fill, you’ll make love to me again.”

“Oh, I am sure we can manage that after we talk about rubbers.”

Together they sat on the small sofa. Justin put the tray of food over Brian’s lap and put the bottle on it, too.  They picked and nibbled on the food. Justin broke off pieces of a roll and popped one first in Brian’s and then his own.  

“Brian, did Dad say anything about Molly? I think she really wants to talk to him.”

“Oh, Sunshine, I understand how she feels but I’m afraid it would crush her because she would realize all he wants to do was manipulate her into seeing things from his point of view.  If he managed to persuade her into believing something deep down she would know it wasn’t right.  I would hate to think of her talking to him alone but it would never work for one of us to go with her.”

“Well, if it comes to that we will have to find someone neutral to go with her, like maybe someone from Mel’s office.”

“Yes, if we get to that point we will talk to your mom about that.” Brian realized they had eaten most of the food and he wasn’t feeling as much pain after the bourbon he was drinking was dulling it. He reached over and moved his hand into Justin’s robe. He started at Justin’s chest and his fingers tweaked first one and then the other nipple.  His lips brushed against Justin’s ear. He softly said, “Are you sure about the condoms? I have always used them and have always told everyone else to. What if...”

“Brian, if you ever want to fuck someone else, use a condom then but I hope you aren’t interested in doing that. Oh…..” Brian’s hand moved down to Justin’s cock and balls and Justin sighed at the feel of Brian’s hand around them.

“I want to make love but I’m not sure how I can do it without….

“We’ll figure out something.  Just as long as you are inside me.” Justin stood and helped Brian get off the sofa.  Something caught Brian’s eye.  

“What’s that bag?”

“Oh, ya, Mom said someone dropped this off for you.”  Justin grabbed the bag off the chair and handed it to Brian.  “What is it?”

“When I went to the office last time, I stopped by and picked up a little something for the most amazing person I have ever met.”

“You bought something for my mom?” Justin grinned at him.

“No, but I should because you wouldn’t be the man I love if it wasn’t for her.” Brian sat on the edge of the bed and guided Justin to sit next to him.  “Justin,” Brian reached in the bank and pulled out a little velvet box.  Justin looked at it and realized it wasn’t the right shape for rings.  It was almost as if Brian read her mind.  “No, Sunshine.  I hope soon I can get you the ring you deserve and that you will become my husband.”

“You do know we can’t really get married.”

“I don’t give a fuck about legal.  I want everyone to know that I love you and you are the most important person in my life. But, that will be later.  Please, open the box.”

Justin opened the velvet box and nestled in the  satin of the box was the personalized key chain. He saw the diamond accents in the word Strong and the engraving on the other where Brian had their initials linked with the word forever.  Justin was stunned for a moment.  It was so beautiful and he knew it came from Brian’s heart.  He turned and, putting one hand behind Brian’s head, he moved, pressing his lips against Brian’s.  Justin’s tongue darted in and out of Brian’s mouth and when he moved away, Brian leaned toward him wanting more.

“Brian it is so beautiful but I don’t have a car.  I haven’t driven in years. I don’t even have a house key because I never leave.”

“Sunshine, I know how strong you are and as soon as your dad is no longer a threat we are going to get you licensed again. We are going to get a car for you and you are going to be able to live a normal life again.”

Justin tensed up, “I don’t know…. People are going to stare at me.  I’m not ready….” 

Brian cringed as he pulled Justin close, “No one is going to push you to do anything, Sunshine, but I think soon you will want to have a little freedom.  You don’t have to go anywhere alone if you don’t want to. But,” Brian kissed him and again placed his hand on Justin’s cock and began to stroke it, “can we talk about this later.” His mouth moved to Justin’s neck. He mumbled by his ear, “This won’t be my finest hour.”

“Brian Kinney, I have never had a bad day in bed with you. Now carefully move where you are comfortable and make love to me.”


The next day was Saturday and Brian and Justin spent a lot of their time by the pool with Molly and Jenn.  Justin smiled at Dani when she joined them in a new swimsuit.  Brian noticed, too.  “Dani, you look great. And it is obvious how much you are helping Sunshine.”

“Justin is doing all the work.  I was thinking I would be here for about three months but I should maybe start looking…”

“Dani, you aren’t going anywhere before you have your baby, unless you want to.  Why don’t you have pizza with us for dinner and I can run a couple things past you. Although Justin might be able to stop the intense therapy I think I have something else that would help both of you.

“Brian, what are you talking about?” Justin looked at him confused.

“Don’t worry, I’ll run it past you before we talk to Dani.  Ready to get in the pool for a while?” Justin nodded and stood up.  Brian chose to leave his T-shirt as he moved toward the steps.

“Brian, why are you keeping your shirt on? You are going to be pissed when you tan that way.” 

Brian stopped and thought about it for a moment. “Molly,” he walked over and sat on the side of Molly’s chair. “You know your dad and I had a round yesterday.”

“Yes, your bruised cheek made that obvious.”

“Well, do you really think that was the only punch?”

“No, one punch wouldn’t be much of a fight,” Molly said sarcastically.

“Well,” Brian pulled the shirt off over his head.

“Oh, god, Brian!  He did that to you?”

“Yes, and I won’t lie.  It hurts like hell but your dad’s punch is powerful enough to bruise but not powerful enough to do any real damage.”

“Brian, did you hurt…”

“Your dad is probably in the same shape I’m in.  I didn’t hurt him seriously. And, by the way, after your dad is arrested, Mel can get you a visit, if you want one.”

Molly sat their silently before saying, “Can I think about it?”

“You can think about it until the minute you walk in to visit him, honey.” He had kept an eye on Jennifer throughout the conversation and she was nodding in agreement as he spoke. Brian kissed her cheek and joined Justin in the pool.  

Justin looked at Molly, “Hey, Mol, come join us.” Brian pulled Justin close.  “This old man isn’t any fun when he can barely move.”

“Old man?” Brian dunked him as Molly jumped in to join them.

Jenn looked over at Dani, “How are you doing, Dani? Is everything good with the baby?”

“Yes, we are both healthy.  It has really helped living here. I don’t have the stress of wondering if I can afford the rent or if,” she almost said Craig, “...the baby’s father will show up or not.”

“Was it a serious relationship or just…”

“I think it depends on who you talk to,” Dani took a few swallows of water. “We had what I thought was a serious relationship but then … um, something happened and we had to stop seeing each other but then he showed up again and I thought….”  Dani’s voice drifted off. She felt tears filling her eyes.  She hadn’t cried about this in a long time.  It must be hormones or maybe it was realizing that this baby belonged with these people and he or she would end up with strangers.

“Dani, I know it has been a long time since I was pregnant but if you ever just need to talk or…”

“Thanks, Jennfer.  Justin told me you would be leaving the estate soon.  I will miss you and Molly being around.”

“Well, I think we will be here to visit frequently. We will want to keep an eye on Justin and Brian.”

“You know those two are so amazing… Craig lied to me about them.  He told me that Brian abused him and used him.  He told me that Justin was tricked into the relationship. He is very convincing when he wants to be.”

“I remember that side of him.  I think that’s how I fell in love with him but eventually that wears off.  He wasn’t so  happy when I started thinking for myself.”

“Yes, I saw that side of him, too.”

“So the baby’s father, was he a rebound?” Jenn stopped, “Sorry, that is none of my business.”

“Let’s just say it was a one night stand with an old friend.  I thought we might rekindle something but I realized it wasn’t meant to be so we went our own ways and then...”

“Then you found out you were pregnant?”  

“Yes, that was pretty much what happened.  I know I didn’t love him and I know I don’t want to be a mother, not now anyway.  So, I am planning to give the baby to a good family.”  I get a little bit of say.  I keep looking at the options but….”

“I’m sorry to be so nosey.  How about we get something cold to drink.” Jenn and Dani got up. “Will you look at my kids?”  Jenn and Dani looked over just as Molly popped up between Brian and Justin separating them.

“You two can be so gross.  I saw what your hands were doing…”

Justin’s hand snapped over her mouth and Dani and Jenn started laughing. “Hey Mom, would you mind calling for a couple pizzas,” Justin called when he saw the women walk toward the house.”

“Sure! Molly if you want something special you better come in and help us order.”

Molly looked at Brian and Justin. “Ok, you two want some time alone. Just tell me to get lost.”

In unison Brian and Justin smiled at each other and then looked at Molly and said, “Get lost.”

Molly laughed and swam to the other end of the pool, following her mom and Dani into the house.

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s neck and his legs around his waist.  “I’m not hurting you am I?”

“The only thing that’s going to be hurting very soon is my cock, feeling yours growing against me.” He kissed him, pulling Justin’s hips tighter against him, letting a groan slip out.

Justin set his feet back on the bottom of the pool but stayed pressed against him.  “So what are you thinking with Dani?”

“I was thinking, if you agree, that maybe on the days you don’t have therapy she could do a few things around the house. We have the cleaners so either she could make a couple dinners a week or at least order for us so we don’t have to think about it.   I also thought, since I know I have some big deals at work in the process that I will do around the court case, but maybe she wouldn’t mind just helping out like, taking you to get your driver’s license. Of course, we need to get you alive first.”

“If you can’t tell I’m alive…” Justin rubbed against him.

“Oh, you are cruel,” Brian said as Justin’s hand moved into Brian’s trunks. “Ok, not so cruel. God, what did I do without you for two years?  I love you, Sunshine.” He put a hand on either side of his face and he kissed him.  There was no rush at first but as Justin’s hand continued it’s work, Brian’s kiss got much more demanding, needing more from Justin’s mouth. As he lost control his tongue plundered Justin’s mouth.  Justin climaxed just from Brian’s kiss. They stood there for a few minutes just regaining their composure.  

Brian noticed Justin was resting his head on his shoulder.  “Is everything Ok, Sunshine?”

“My head is starting to hurt.  I need to get one of my pills.”

Brian had learned that look.  Early on it had happened frequently but now it hadn’t happened for a couple weeks and he could tell this one was really bad.  He helped him out of the pool and grabbed a towel for both of them.  By the time they got to the door Justin was leaning heavily on Brian.  

“What’s wrong?” Molly asked as they came into the house but before Brian said anything Molly knew, “He’s got one of his headaches, doesn’t he.” 

Brian nodded and Molly rushed ahead to open the door and get one of the pills out for him.  As soon as she watched him swallow the pill she slipped out of the room leaving Justin in Brian’s care. Brian cradled Justin in his arms and spoke softly as he stroked Justin’s hair and cheek. Even after he had fallen to sleep, Brian wouldn’t leave his side.  

When they hadn’t come out, Jenn popped her head in a couple hours later to check on them. Justin was moving around a bit and mumbling. She walked around to Brian’s side and said softly, “Would you like a break? I can sit here with him for a while.”

“No, I don’t want to leave him.  He wakes up every once in a while from a nightmare.  He must be remembering when he first came out of the coma.  He’s talking about Dani and his dad. When he gets past this I’ll grab a slice of pizza.  Is Dani still here?”

“She is walking home right now.  Molly is walking with her.  She said to tell you she will find you tomorrow to talk about whatever you wanted to talk about.”  Jenn moved toward the door but stopped and turned.  “Brian, has she ever talked to you about the baby’s father?”

“No,” Brian stopped talking as Justin started thrashing around. Brian tried to sooth him while Jenn slipped out of the room.  It was about 10:00 pm when Brian finally came out to the main room.  Molly had gone upstairs to chat with her friends but Jenn was sitting on the sofa watching an old black and white movie.

“Did he finally fall asleep?” Jenn stood. “Do you want the pizza reheated in the oven? It will only take a couple minutes and it will taste much better.”

“If you don’t mind.” Brian walked over and took out a glass and a bottle of whiskey, pouring himself three fingers.  

“You look really tired, Brian. Do you want to sleep upstairs tonight? I can stay with Justin.”

“No, I wouldn’t be able to sleep anyway and he will probably sleep straight through now.”  Brian sat by the counter and within a couple minutes Jenn brought over three slices that were piping hot.  Brian took a bite, “Thanks.  You’re right, it is better hot.”  He finished the first slice and picked up another.  By now he was holding his head up with his free hand.

“Brian, this was a bad one, wasn’t it?”

“Yes, when I first had him at the loft, this happened almost nightly but it got better. I wonder if the stress of the arrest caused it.  I probably caused some of it from being gone last night and fighting with Craig. “Face it, he is so stressed about all this.”  Brian finished the second piece and emptied his glass.  “Jenn, you asked about the baby earlier. Did she say something about the father?”

“No, it’s what she didn’t say.  I just keep feeling that she is hiding something.  Maybe hiding isn’t the right word. She is just keeping something secret and she has the right. It’s just that…” Jenn saw Brian’s eyes close.  “We can talk about this tomorrow. Go to bed.  If you need me, text me.” She guided Brian to his room and kissed his cheek, “Thank you for taking such good care of my boy.”

“That is my pleasure.” Brian hugged her and closed the door before falling into bed with Justin.


Brian could see the sun through his eyelids and could feel Justin curled up next to him. He started to move and remembered his bruised ribs.  He remembered it was Sunday morning and then he remembered Justin’s severe episode yesterday.  He opened his eyes to see Justin watching him.

“Good morning.”

“Oh, Sunshine, how are you this morning? Do you want me to shut the curtains? Is the light bothering you?”

“No, I’m fine.  I feel a little groggy but the pain is gone this morning. How are you?” He ran his hand over the bruises.

“It hurts but I think it is better than yesterday.  Once I start moving for the day it shouldn’t be too bad. We are quite the pair.” Justin moved so he could kiss Brian and then stretched his body against Brian’s.  “Do you know how much I love feeling that?”

“Feeling what?”

“Your warm, compact body pressed against me. I never told anyone, well I might have mentioned it to Ted but, I had nightmares after we were told you had died.  I would fall asleep and I would wake up in a panic because I had this icy feeling down my side.  I think it was more the emptiness of not having you there….it took me a couple months to learn how to sleep alone.  Ya, I tried having someone else fill that spot but it didn’t take me long to realize that it wasn’t just the spot that needed to be filled.  I just knew it wasn’t anyone I wanted there.” He carefully rolled over so he was partially on top of Justin now and he kissed him once more before he slowly got up.  “You have to be starving.”

“I am.” Justin swung his legs over the side of the bed but when he tried to stand he sat right back down. “I was really out of it last night, wasn’t I.”

“Yes, it was a bad one. It was like some of the very early ones and you had the nightmares again.  I feel responsible for that.  I had to go confront your father.  I had to be selfish and…”

“Brian, you deserve to be selfish once and it still was for me. Can I hold your arm?  I need a little stability.  My balance seems a little off this morning.” Brian walked over and offered his elbow.  

“You might want to put on a robe or some shorts.  I don’t think your sister really needs to see my favorite parts of you.”

“Oh, ya,” Justin kissed him again.  “Maybe a pair of shorts and a T-shirt?” Brian had him sit down and quickly helped him get dressed. Justin stood again and taking Brian’s arm they walked out together.

There was a note on the counter from Jenn.  It said she and Molly were going to a little town, with one of the guards to do a little shopping and then to a matinee. It also said there was bacon ready to be heated up and there was waffle batter ready for the waffle iron.  “You know what that means? We are going to eat well and we have the house to ourselves. I could have kept you naked.”  

Justin laughed as he sat on the counter stool, “Well, I think we will eat well but make enough for Dani.  She’s almost to the door.” He waved her in and said, “Morning, Dani.”

“So good to see you up, Justin.  How are you feeling?”

“Other than a little off balance, I feel fine.  I’m really hungry so Brian is making breakfast.  Hope you like waffles.”

“I love waffles.  Can I help with something, Brian?”

“Well, I have the waffles going and Jenn  made bacon.  Can you make eggs?”

“Sure, I am a pretty good cook.  Nothing fancy but I enjoy cooking.”

“Well, that’s good to hear.  Last night I was going to ask you about that.”

“About my cooking skills?”

“Well, sort of.  I know you will keep working with Justin but he is making progress and…” Justin took over.

“Dani, we were wondering if you would be willing to kind of switch up your duties.  If we workout maybe 3 times a week, we were wondering if you could maybe plan dinner 3 nights a week.  You can make the meals or even order them in but that way we don’t have to worry about them.  We have house cleaners that come in so other than keeping the kitchen straightened up there wouldn’t be anything like that.”

“That sounds great!  I know you said I could stay until the baby arrives but I get bored too easily.”

“Well,” Brian continued now, “We would also like you to be Justin’s personal assistant.  That just really means that until he gets his license back, you can get him around.  That part probably won’t start until the court case is done.”

“Sure, I will do whatever I can.” 

“That would be great.  One other thing,” Brian continued, “This is totally up to you but if you would like to move into the bedroom we are using you could.  We will be moving up to the master now that Justin is moving well.”  He moved closer and kissed Justin. The kiss went on longer than planned and Justin’s hand moved into Brian’s lap.  They were both flushed when they separated.

Dani smiled, “Why don’t you leave the kitchen to me and you two can...um...finish getting ready for the day.”

Brian slipped his arm around Justin’s waist, not sure of his stability yet and they literally ran to the bedroom as they both were pulling off their shirts and the door was shut behind them.  Dani found herself choking up. She felt a tear slip down her cheek.  She felt terribly  that because of her those two were separated at least six months longer than they had to be.  If she had just seen through Craig’s bullshit quicker those two… she quickly placed the dishes in the dishwasher and then as the tears continued coming she sat on the sofa and cried until she fell into an emotional sleep.

Brian and Justin took their time.  Brian started at Justin’s head and touched and kissed his way down Justin’s body.  Once he managed to get to Justin’s cock, he rolled him over and started at the shoulders and began to work his way down on this side. Justin began to tense even before Brian’s tongue began working down between Justin’s crack and as he found his target a tremor ran through Justin as he cried out. Brian then propped Justin’s knees under him a bit so his ass was in the air and Brian moved into him and was soon thrusting in harder and faster than he had in awhile. He tried to slow down and restrain himself but he had lost control. By the time he collapsed on the bed next to Justin, his ribs were throbbing but his heart was soaring.

“Sunshine, are you alright? I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

“Please hurt me some more!” Justin laughed as he curled into Brian’s arms.  “I have a feeling that was a little more than you should have been doing, too.”

“It was worth every wince,” he rolled over and kissed Justin again.  “Making love to you is never going to get old.”  Brian’s phone pinged and he reached for it. “Oh shit,” he said as he read the text.  “They are going  to pick up your dad tonight around 5:00.  I think we should let your mom know what’s going on.  I want them home before it happens.  By now I have a feeling some news outlet might have an idea what is going on and I don’t want them outside the gates when it goes down.”

“I’ll text her.  You start the shower and then we will go tell Dani what is going on.” Justin completed the text but then his mind wandered.  It wouldn’t be long and he would have to face his father.  Was he ready for that?

“You coming, Sunshine?” Brian stuck his head out of the bathroom door.  “I am ready to move into our new bedroom.”  He looked over at Justin. 

“I’m coming.” Justin walked over and straight into the shower.  Brian joined him and as they stood under the spray, Justin said, “I don’t know if I can do this.”

“I know this is going to be tough but I will be with you.  I won’t let him near you.  You know that.”

“I do know that,” he ran the bar of soap over Brian’s chest. “I know it isn’t going to be easy.  I know I will probably have more headaches like I did last night and there will be press around but I will deal with you beside me.  It is Molly and Mom I worry about.  They may have to stay out here if the press starts running with this.”

“They know they are welcome but I get the feeling your mom wants to get back to her life and Molly will have school in a few weeks.  You know I do know a pretty good advertising company and even this is not the same, I think I can use my skills to twist this in our favor. Right now, I think we need to get out of this shower, which is getting cold, and tell Dani the news.”

Twenty minutes later they walked out into the main room and found Dani asleep on the sofa.  Justin walked in front of her and then walked back to Justin, “It looks like she’s been crying. And not just a few tears but a long extended cry. Do you think someone already told her?”

“I doubt it.  Mel’s text said only the police knew.”

“We didn’t say or do anything did we?”

“You didn’t say or do anything,” Dani sat up and wiped her eyes. “I think most of it is hormones.  Seeing you two, so in love made me realize I put the two of your through an extra eight months of pain and separation.”

“Dani, you couldn’t know everything Dad was doing.”

“No, but I should have tried to find out. I should have looked for Justin when he moved him.  I should have stayed away… I should have stayed away from him.”

Justin sat down next to her and took her hand,  “You saw my dad after he moved me?”

“I did,” her voice drifted to a whisper. ”Right after Brian found you, Craig came to find me.  He thought maybe I knew where you were. Your father….. He has a charm.  I think Brian understands.  You have bewitched him.” Justin leaned against Brian, who sat beside him.

“That’s the truth.” Brian kissed his neck.  “Dani, what are you trying to tell us?”

“I’m so sorry.  I should have told you and I will understand if you want me to pack and leave right away.”

“Spit it out,” Brian said bluntly.

“This baby is your half brother.” 

Justin’s mouth fell open, “You told me that, didn’t you.  The day you moved in and I fell asleep.  I woke up knowing that but was sure it was just a dream.  It was another bad dream I had.”

“I know you can’t want me here.  I will go tomorrow. It shouldn’t take me long to…”

“No!,” the word flew out of his mouth. Brian rested his arms at Justin’s waist.  “I’m sorry, Dani.  I didn’t mean to yell. It just…. I don’t want you to leave but…”

“Dani, we need to tell you something,” Brian knew they had to tell her. “Dani, I think Justin just needs a little time to adjust but right now you need to know, Craig is going to be picked up about 5:00 today.”

She grabbed her stomach, “Oh, god.”

“Only in his mind,” Brian mumbled. 

“Dani, could you maybe spend time at your place.  Come back here at 5:00.  Family needs to be together when this goes down,” Justin responded.

“I’m not family,” Dani said.

“Dani, you are carrying my….did you say brother? I’m going to have a brother.  You are family.”

“I’ll come back at 5:00.” Dani looked over her shoulder and then walked out the door.

“Sunshine, what are you thinking?” Brian moved so he was looking at Justin’s face.

“Damn, right now I need one of my pills.  I don’t have time to shut down for 12 hours.” 

Brian went to the bedroom and came back with a pill for Justin and a bottle of water.  After he swallowed it, Brian sat down and made him put his head in his lap.  “Just relax for a few minutes.  We have time.” He ran his hand through his soft hair that really needed to be cut but he loved it long like this. “Do you want to talk about what you’re thinking?”

“I’m not sure what I’m thinking.  My brain is on overload.  Right now I am stuck on the baby, my brother.  Brian, is it weird to want to keep that baby in the family? Dad has shattered our family, or tried to.  My head hurts.” Brian leaned down and kissed his temple.  

“Just shut your eyes and mouth for 5 minutes.  I think that will help.”

“Lay down with me,” Justin stretched out on the sofa and Brian laid behind him, wrapping his arms tightly around him.

Brian kissed the curve of his neck and then said, “There is too much going on right now, darling.  I don’t think we should make any decisions this very moment, let alone the life of a child.” As Justin’s body relaxed into sleep, Brian’s mind moved to the man in his arms.  He had just gotten him back.  The last thing Justin needed was a baby in his life as he tried to get his life back. I mean what if he had an episode like this when he was with the baby alone.  It was out of the question.

It was only about 15 minutes later when Justin stretched and turned over carefully. He pressed himself into Brian who encouraged him to move even closer as his hand rested on Justin’s ass and pulled him tightly against his own pelvis.  It wasn’t long before they were both naked on the sofa and they lay with the other’s cock in their mouth. They took their time and brought each other to the edge several times before they both savored each other before they strode out to the hot tub and sank into the warm, bubbling water.  

“Brian, we need to talk about Dani and the baby,” Justin said as he turned to face Brian.

“Sunshine, now is just not the time to be thinking about adding to the stress in the house.  We have a court battle starting soon and, Justin, you are still not 100%.  How do you expect to handle a baby?”

“You make it sound like this is just a random child.  This is my brother we’re talking about.”

“I know that but do you really think this is smart?” Brian saw Justin tense up again.  “You know what.  We have time to talk about this.  I think we need to focus on what is happening today. For now I think we should keep it between the three of us.  We should probably go in and get dressed.  We should eat something and get dressed before Jenn and Molly get home.  I love walking around naked and soon enough we will be able to do that in the big place all by ourselves.”

“Well, even if my mom and Molly move out didn’t we just invite Dani to move in?”

“It’s obvious she’s seen a naked man before. What’s two more?” Brian stood and reached for Justin’s hand and after drying each other off, kissing in between, they walked into the house.

“By the way, I agree about keeping this quiet for now.  Molly doesn’t need this added to everything else.”


It was nearly 4:00 p.m. before Jenn and Molly got home from their day out.  They walked in laughing and still talking about the comedy they had seen. When Jenn saw Justin’s face she got quiet.  “What is it? Did something happen while we were gone?”

“Dad is being arrested around 5:00.”

“On Sunday? They do this kind of thing on Sunday? That’s stupid.  Forget I said it.  Of course they do.  What better way to surprise them.”

Justin walked over to Molly and put his arm around her waist, “Mollusk, I am sure this is really upsetting.  I know it’s hard not knowing what’s going to happen.  None of us know exactly what might happen in the next few weeks but Mel thinks he will be in court in the morning but you and Mom won’t go to that.  That will be later.  Brian and I are going.”

“What’s going to happen tomorrow?”

Brian had moved next to Jenn, “Mel says tomorrow they will bring all the charges against him.  If he would agree to plead guilty, all of this could be done quickly.  It will probably be at least a couple weeks but it could be a couple months.  It will depend on Craig.” Brian’s phone vibrated and he looked at it.

“Justin, do you think I’ll be able to see him soon? I want to talk to him.”

“Mol, I will talk to Mel about trying to arrange it soon, I promise.”

“Ok, Brian, when is Gus coming to visit again?”  Molly changed the subject.  Gus was the perfect distraction for her.

“Funny you should ask.  That was Lindz who just texted.  She and Mel are on their way out here.  They are bringing subs for us to eat later so Gus will be here before 5:00.”

“I’m going to tell my friends about the movie. Tell me when he gets here!”  

As soon as Molly was out of earshot, Justin asked, “Why are they coming out?”

“Well, they are the co parents of my son. Did they need a reason?”

Jenn looked at Brian, “Don’t try to bullshit my son.  You and Mel don’t text for fun and she doesn’t volunteer to bring Gus out. It has to do with Craig.”

“You know she is my lawyer for the….” Justin shot a look at him and he stopped.   “Mel set it up so we can watch the arrest through a body cam.” Brian closed the gap between them and put his hands on Justin’s shoulders, looking into his eyes.  “Sunshine, I am not sure that you should watch.  I don’t want anything that could be brought up in court to cause a problem.  If you don’t see it you won’t have a memory of it to think about .”  He bent and kissed him.

“Brian might be right, honey.”

“I don’t want to watch it,” Justin said flatly.  “I just want it over and I’m with Molly, I want to see Gus. Gus is never going to have to wonder if he is loved.” Brian pulls him close and holds him for a minute but Jenn steps over and Brian lets Justin go as Jenn takes Justin’s hand.

“I so wish he wasn’t part of our life but if he wasn’t I wouldn’t have you or Molly and I wouldn’t change that for anything.”

Justin puts his arms around his mom.  “Mom, I never doubted that you loved me.  Well, there might have been a day or two once I came out but that was just my stupidity.  And I agree, if you hadn’t met him, we wouldn’t be who we are but, I have to admit, I want him out of our lives for good.  I don’t think he could ever make up for what he did. I want this done for all of us.”

“Do you think it is really a good idea for Molly to talk to him?” Jenn looked back and forth between Brian and Justin.

“Mom, I think she needs to.”

“Jenn, I’ll talk to Mel and see what the set up would be.  I am guessing someone would be there with them. I will find that out today.  Maybe Mel herself but I think someone else would be better.  I am sure he knows who Mel is.”

“Thanks, Brian.  I know it is going to break her heart but she needs to know what an ass he is. I…” The doorbell rang and instantly they heard footsteps coming down the steps and Molly got to the front door before the rest managed to get there and then the house was noisy and full of life.  

Gus saw Brian and yelled, “DADDY!”  He pulled out of Mel’s grip and ran to Brian who scooped him up and threw him above his head, leaving him squealing. Brian pulled him close and hugged him close and kissed both of his cheeks. For some reason Brian was choked up.  He loved this little boy so much.  “Daddy, ‘nough kisses.  Up high.” Brian blinked a couple times and then through him once more.  

“Hey, Gus, do you want to play?” Molly moved up and Gus reached for her.  She carried him to the rug where the toys they had brought along were already out.  Justin kissed Brian and followed Molly and Gus.

Mel softly said, “He’s not coming?”

“No, let’s go to the office. I don’t think we will be gone too long.  Hopefully no one is too hungry to wait an hour,” Mel said as they turned to go down the hall.  “I doubt it will take that long.”

Once they were in the office, Brian locked the door. “I don’t want anyone wandering in.  Molly doesn’t know that we are watching it.” Mel sat down by the computer and put the code in so the site would pop up. “Mel, while you are tapping in, Molly wants to meet with Craig.  Do you think that will be possible once he’s locked up?”

“I am sure we can get something worked out,” Mel said as she typed in the final password.

“I don’t want her alone with him. I don’t trust him, even in a locked up situation.”

“I’ll work on it tomorrow,” she glanced down at the screen.  “It looks like they are pulling up now.”

Brian pulled up a chair so they could both see what was going on.   The next few minutes was a blur.  They could see the SWAT team putting on their equipment and then the door flew open and Brian and Mel could see the men and women running across the road.  Brian figured they must be parked around the corner from where he had sat the other night.

 

For a split second the camera feed went dead and when it came back up the ram was making contact with the front door and they rushed in.