- Text Size +

 

Ted watched in disbelief as Brian packed his briefcase at the end of the day, his head still reeling from the destination of Brian's impending flight. Shaking his head back and forth, he commented, "I can't believe you are doing this, Brian. Even for you, this is way over the top."

 

"I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about, Theodore..." Brian snapped in way of dismissal, not intending to have this talk with his friend and employee.

 

"Right, now we have the denials." Ted snorted in derision. "So, you want me to handle everything that comes up while you're chasing your blond - again?"

 

Brian's back tensed, not only at Ted's tone but at the implication that he was allowing his need for Justin to cause him to redirect his daily life. Granted, it was blatantly true, but he wasn't comfortable with admitting it. What he was doing now went against everything he professed to be the totality of himself. Denying it was ridiculous at best. He wanted Justin Taylor badly. Brian knew he would see no rest until he had him exactly where he wanted him - writhing in his bed in need of him. Forcing a blasé look upon his face, Brian rallied, "You know me, Theodore. I am accustomed to indulging my whims. One never knows how long they will last."

 

"Whims? That's rich, Brian," Ted muttered in disgust. "So, you're going to uproot that kid's life merely to satisfy a whim. Have you given one moment's consideration of how this affects him?"

 

"Him? What makes you think this isn't a business acquisition?" Brian asked, determined to remain aloof and uncaring. Looking at Ted pointedly, he asked, "Did you get me all the inside specs I requested on Vangard?"

 

Ted snorted. "Requested? Yes, they are on your desk."

 

"Excellent," Brian purred, before picking up the report to scan it briefly before slipping it into his briefcase. "I think that's everything, then."

 

"Any idea how long you'll be gone?"

 

Brian shrugged, throwing on his coat, looking at the time, realizing his limo should be outside. "I'll be in touch. It could be a matter of days, or even longer. If anything comes up that you can't handle, simply forward the calls to me. I will check in regularly, as well."

 

"I'll look forward to it with the greatest of anticipation," Ted returned drolly.

 

"One day, Theodore, you'll overstep that line," Brian clipped out.

 

Ted laughed as he watched Brian walking away. Shaking his head, he shouted, "Doubtful, Oh Lord and Master. You need me to clean up after you."

 

Brian kept on walking, amused despite his brief display of anger. Ted was right. He needed him, but more than that, he trusted him. In the circles in which he traveled - that was a priceless commodity. As he slipped into the limo and began the progression toward the airport, Brian's thoughts were completely focused on what he deemed as the most important acquisition of his life. He closed his eyes as he thought of the perfect face of the man that haunted him. Soon, Justin. We will be together again. One way or another, I will fix this rift between us. I have to...

 


 

Vangard - Following Afternoon

 

"Go on in, Justin. Mr. Vance is expecting you," the receptionist nervously told Justin.

 

Raising an eyebrow, Justin looked at her curiously. "Is something going on, Sylvia? Mr. Vance sounded a bit off on the phone."

 

"He has had me running around like a maniac all day," she grumbled, her face drawn and ragged.

 

"New client?" he asked with interest.

 

"Hmph. Looks like a pain in the ass of one if you ask me," she muttered underneath her breath.

 

Justin laughed. "Well, you know what Mr. Vance says, ‘Anything for the client.'

 

As he was speaking, the door opened with Gardner Vance glowering at him. "Are you going to chat with my secretary all day, or are you coming in?"

 

"Sorry, sir..." Justin answered, preceding his boss inside the office, his eyes widening incredulously at the sight that instantly greeted him.

 

Vance projected a false smile upon his face, as he gestured Justin forward. "Mr. Kinney, I'd like you to meet my Junior Art Director, Justin Taylor. Justin, this is Brian Kinney."

 

"Introductions are not necessary, Mr. Vance," Justin bit out. "We met in Vegas over the weekend."

 

"Indeed we did. How remiss of me not to mention that," Brian purred softly, his eyes turning to fully encompass Justin. He looked his fill for a long moment, before he spoke, "It's good to see you again, Justin. You are looking, well."

 

"Thank you, Mr. Kinney," Justin answered, angry flames shooting from his eyes.

 

Vance cleared his throat uncomfortably, quickly deciphering the tension between the two men in the room, largely generated from a member of his own staff. "Uhh, right. Okay then, let's all have a seat."

 

"Mr. Vance, with all due respect, shouldn't Kyle be handling this meeting? He is, after all, the senior art director!" Justin spat out, immediately recoiling at the warning he viewed in his boss' eyes.

 

Brian laughed. "Yes, well, you can blame me for that, Justin. It is okay with you if I call you Justin, isn't it?"

 

Justin was about to open his mouth to issue his rejection of that idea when Vance cleared his throat even louder this time. Gritting his teeth in fury, Justin coldly answered, "That's fine, Mr. Kinney."

 

Brian's eyes flared, as his cock twitched, both from the mere sight of his beautiful blond and the tone of his continued defiance. The boy had no idea how unbelievably hot he looked when he was irate. Brian had found it to be so back in Vegas upon their initial meeting, and it proved to be even more true now. Fuck. He wanted him. He didn't give a damn about playing the game any longer. He just wanted Justin - here and now.

 

Quickly determining he was not going to win Justin over the easy way, Brian's eyes coldly returned to a nervous Gardner Vance. How Brian loved and excelled at this particular game, making the vulnerable even more so. His voice dripping in ice, Brian spoke succinctly, "Obviously, this is not going to work, Mr. Vance. As you know, I found your senior art director - Kyle? wasn't it - less than adequate. And Mr. Taylor here seems to find my mere presence repellent. It's fine, though. I'm sure there is a large abundance of advertising agencies in the Pittsburgh area that would love to have my money."

 

Vance looked toward Justin in almost a state of helplessness, his eyes bulging, face flushed in shock. Seeing Brian moving toward the door, he called out desperately, "Mr. Kinney, please wait. There's been a misunderstanding here." His voice dropped to a lower pitch, as he addressed Justin. "Hasn't there, Justin?"

 

Grinding his teeth together, seeing the look of satisfaction in Brian's eyes, he grudgingly answered, "Yes, Mr. Vance."

 

"Wonderful," Vance said in a relieved sigh. He continued to stare at his employee with an angry warning in his eyes. "Justin, may I speak to you outside for a moment?"

 

Brian bit his lip forcing himself not to laugh. This was just so textbook; simplistic at its best. Vance was an unmitigated fool. Obnoxious, cowering, and totally oblivious of the prize he had in Justin Taylor. Brian intended to fix that - fair means or foul play. He kept an impassive look upon his face as he stared down his most desired prey, the one that had vexed him from the moment they had met, and even more so during the time of their separation.

 

"Of course, sir." Justin rolled his eyes, seeing that Brian wasn't about to move out of his way; thankful for the fact the office was large enough he wouldn't be required to brush against him.

 

Vance's cold glance shifted from Justin to smile benignly at Brian. "I apologize for the interruption, Mr. Kinney. This will only take a moment. Please avail yourself of my liquor cabinet and have a seat. I won't be very long."

 

Brian inclined his head. "Take your time." His eyes burned into Justin. "My departure from your city is open-ended."

 

Justin inwardly groaned, knowing his life was about to become extremely more complicated. Shaking his head as he could clearly read the purpose in Brian's gaze, Justin slid past both men and out into the hallway, grimacing when his boss emerged moments later, knowing he was about to have his ass reamed - and not in the most pleasing of fashions.

 

Vance motioned him toward the empty conference room, slamming the door behind them. He advanced forward, his body in an unyielding and angry stance. "This will be very quick, Justin. I don't give a fuck what happened in Vegas between you and that man, but let me be perfectly clear with you. I will not allow you to cost me the most prestigious client that has ever fallen into my grasp. Whatever your problem is with Brian Kinney - I suggest you work it out immediately!"

 

"Mr. Vance, you know I'm always about the client, but I just don't know if I can work with that man," Justin said with a weary sigh.

 

"You don't have a choice, Taylor! He doesn't want Kyle. That leaves you. Now, this is what's going to happen. The three of us are going to dinner, and then you are going to take him to a club of his choice, all expenses paid, of course."

 

"Dinner and a club?" Justin gritted out.

 

Vance sighed deeply. "Yes, Justin. It's public knowledge that Brian Kinney is gay, as is the case with you, as well. Who better to show him around? And it's quite apparent that he likes you."

 

Justin's eyes widened in disbelief. "Are you saying you expect me to have sex with him?"

 

"No, of course not. And if you do... I don't want to know about it," Vance stated, more than uncomfortable with the conversation. "Just take him where he wants to go. Now, go home and dress for an evening out. If you are the cause of him seeking another agency, I'm warning you now, Taylor - it'll be your ass!"

 

Nodding, knowing Brian had him fully-boxed into a corner, fully cognizant of the fact that had been precisely his intention, Justin began to devise a plan in his mind. One that would make the arrogant billionaire realize two could and would be playing this game. "Don't worry, Mr. Vance. I won't let you down." Justin watched as Gardner Vance left the conference room, undoubtedly on his way back to give a self-assured Brian Kinney the good news. Shaking his head in self-loathing at how Brian's nearness had affected him, Justin resolved Brian would learn a lesson tonight, and it would be one he would never forget.

 


 

After hours of fine dining, along with in-depth discussions, Vance had departed, assured they had come to an understanding. Justin had rolled his eyes in disgust at the time, knowing Brian was merely playing his boss. Gardner Vance was a normally astute man, but amid the manipulative Brian Kinney, he was nothing more than a mindless tool. "Unbelievable," Justin snorted, as they slid into the limo en route to Babylon. Justin ignored the man that was sitting too close to him in the darkened interior. They were now alone for the first time, a fact that disturbed him more than he cared to admit. Leaning forward, Justin picked up the phone to call the driver.

 

"Yes, sir?" the chauffeur respectfully asked.

 

"I need to stop by my apartment to change quickly." Noticing Brian's questioning look, he told him, "Full dress attire isn't really appropriate for Babylon."

 

The chauffeur dutifully responded, "As you wish, sir."

 

Justin responded by stating his address, and sitting back as the driver changed directions.

 

Brian curled his lips under as he nodded. "Fine. I have all night, Justin."

 

Justin snorted indelicately. "I'm hoping it won't be that long."

 

Ignoring the coldness that continued to pour from Justin, he shrugged out of his jacket, his tie quickly following. Next, he unbuttoned his shirt, keeping his gaze away from the blond next to him. He laughed moments later when he heard Justin's outraged gasp.

 

"What the fuck are you doing?" Justin demanded.

 

"Making myself a bit more presentable for... Babylon? I believe you said," Brian answered, angling a side-long glance at Justin.

 

Justin shook his head as he stared out the window, relieved they were almost at his building. As they pulled up, Justin glanced again at Brian surprised to see him wearing a white wife-beater under his dress shirt. "A wife-beater under your Armani suit?"

 

"Hmmm, yes," Brian answered, looking down at it briefly. "I had the feeling I might need to go casual."

 

"Whatever." He opened the door to step out, his eyes widening upon seeing that Brian was looking to follow him upstairs. His eyes angry, Justin snapped, "No, stay here. I'll be right back."

 

Brian laughed. "I'll be waiting, Justin."

 

An hour later found Brian's patience and humor quickly fading away. When they had arrived, Justin had given him a quick tour of the club, before promptly leaving him at the bar. Brian watched as Justin danced with one man after another, his eyes narrowing in cold anger. He refused to accept it as jealousy. Brian Kinney did not get jealous. In his mind, it only equated to these men hindering him from what he most craved - being back inside of Justin's hot little ass. Before this night was over, he vowed to be doing exactly that. Since his arrival at what was a smaller version of what he enjoyed in New York, he had been hit on by more men than he could count. Normally, he would have taken a few of them up on the offer, but not tonight. His prey was clearly in sight, and settling for something other than him, and that was not in his plans.

 

Taking a long swallow of the Irish Whiskey that was just placed in front of him, Brian's eyes widened in disbelief as he watched Justin pulling at the belt loop of his current dance partner, and leading him into the back of the club. Brian was more than familiar with such areas in a gay club. He had no doubt he was leading the would-be trick into the backroom. Fuck, he thought, his eyes burning in anger, his chest expanding with a foreign emotion. Slowly, he began to follow, refusing to believe this to be the act of jealous rage, and telling himself he was only following to claim what was his - what would remain his until he chose otherwise. Walking past the cluster of bodies, Brian's eyes only sought out one. The one belonging to the man he was determined to possess again.

 

Far down the long expanse of bodies, he found him. Fuck. He was so fucking beautiful. The blue lighting cast his skin into an almost ethereal glow. Brian stopped his progress, his back resting against the wall, momentarily oblivious to the man falling to his knees before him, hoping for the privilege of blowing him. His eyes quickly became riveted to Justin moving in and out of the trick he had pushed up against the wall, the man's head arching back in pleasure under Justin's ministrations. He stared hungrily at Justin, eyes moving up and down him, knowing Justin to be aware of his presence, waiting for it to be acknowledged. Brian didn't have to wait for long.

 

As Justin turned to meet his gaze, Brian felt his belt being unfastened, the snap being opened, and his zipper lowered. He glanced briefly at the expectant trick, smiling momentarily at him, granting his approval. His eyes returned to the sight of Justin fucking the nameless trick, helpless to look away as his own cock was being pleasured - but not by the man he most wanted to be servicing it. Brian's eyes blazed in lust and fury as he alternated between watching Justin and looking down at the man's mouth working on his dick. He looked back long enough to see the look on Justin's face knowing he was about to spill into the condom, signaling himself to speed up his release, intent on making some things clear to Justin as quickly as possible.

 

Moments later, Brian pulled himself away from the trick, moving over to approach Justin. He gritted his teeth in disgust and anger as he watched Justin gently kiss the undeserving man on the lips. Brian barely spared the man a glance as he spat out, "Get the fuck out!"

 

Justin laughed, as he watched the man glare at Brian, but immediately acquiesce. "Nice," Justin told him, his head tilted slightly, his stance cocky, and all too pleased with himself.

 

"I hope you have enjoyed your little show, Justin. It ends now. We are leaving," Brian growled, the musky smell of sex on Justin shooting directly to his dick.

 

"Let me be perfectly clear with you, Brian. I am not going anywhere with you. You still don't seem to understand." Justin zipped himself up, his eyes stormy as he looked upon his all too tempting ex-lover. "What we had in Vegas was hot, but it's over now. Your trip was entirely wasted. I don't care what you are plotting with Gardner Vance, you will never own me. Have a good night, Brian. I'll take a cab."

 

Brian grabbed Justin's arm as he moved to walk away. His voice lowered to a feral hiss. "No, Justin. Allow me to be clear now. I was willing to play your game, give you a bit more time. Well, you pushed me too far tonight. The gloves are off now. Never own you?" Brian laughed coldly, in the knowledge of the game he was about to employ, one that no one played better than him. "I. Already. Do. Run, little boy. Tonight, you crossed the line."

 

Justin swallowed, fearful about what his brazen actions had evoked, yet, confident that he had done what he had to do to make Brian see he couldn't just come here and take what he wanted. He didn't like that look in Brian's eyes for several reasons. One, it was far too predatory, and two, it made him wonder if Brian was really just playing a game or not. He had thought it to be the case ever since he had left Vegas, but now he wasn't so sure. Brian had obviously re-ordered his life to come here to pursue him. Did it mean he really cared, or was it just another part of the hunt? Justin really wanted that answer, much more than he wanted to admit to himself.

 

"Brian, why did you really come here?" Justin asked, confused by the masked pain he could see hidden in Brian's eyes.

 

"I came here for you, Justin. You know that, and I don't intend on leaving here without you," Brian told him, eyes darkening in need and determination.

 

Justin sighed, jerking his arm away from Brian. "I can't do this, Brian. You own things; I can't be one of those possessions. There is nothing for you here. Not now or ever."

 

Brian's eyes narrowed as he watched Justin moving away from him, his frustration and desire for the blond causing an immediate end to his patience. Knowing he was probably making yet another mistake with the sensitive blond, Brian flipped open his phone, uncaring of the lateness of the hour as he moved to Plan B. As he began to walk out of the backroom, he scowled as his call went to Ted's voicemail. "Ted, I have a job for you. This is your top priority. First thing tomorrow you are to begin a corporate raid on Vangard. You know what to do. I will be in touch."

 

TBC