- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Banner: Credit to the talented foreverbm at LiveJournal

Disclaimer: I do NOT own these characters. This is written for entertainment purposes only.


 

Craig Taylor slammed the door behind his wife and son, barking out his orders in quick fashion. "Jennifer, go pick up Molly from daycare. I want to talk to our son - ALONE!"

 

Jennifer's eyes widened in alarm. "Craig, I really think I should stay."

 

"Why? So you can continue to make excuses for the little asshole? He's seventeen years old, nearly a man. It's your constant coddling that's led us to this point!" Craig exploded, his eyes wide in his rage.

 

"That's unfair, Craig. Maybe it's time we accept that Justin is different."

 

Justin slumped down on the couch, knowing he'd pushed his father too far this time. Perhaps his dad was right. Maybe there was something wrong with him. It wasn't like he'd encountered many other boys with his same fascination with the male anatomy... in fact, he hadn't met any yet. A few he had his suspicions about... but none that had been confirmed. Justin could tell by his father's unyielding stance that a decision had been made; one he was certain his mother didn't like - one, in turn, he feared he would like even less.

 

"Different?" Craig sneered. "My son will not be a disgusting queer. He needs discipline and structure."

 

"What are you going to do?" Jennifer asked, unable to mask the alarm in her voice.

 

Craig ran a hand through his hair, looking at his wife incredulously. "I'm not going to hurt him, Jennifer. You know I don't believe in violence. Justin needs to find a greater purpose in life... and I know just the one."

 

Jennifer rolled her eyes. "I know what purpose you speak of... and it won't work. You need to accept that your son is in all likelihood gay. If you confine him there, he will only leave when he is of legal age."

 

"I don't intend to discuss this further. Go pick up our daughter. Now!" Craig barked.

 

Justin glared at his father for the torment he was inflicting on his mother... hating himself even more for being the true source. "Mom, I'm fine. Go on and go."

 

Jennifer looked back and forth between them uncertainly, sighing in resignation knowing there was nothing she could do until Craig played out his little scene. She smiled at Justin reassuringly, wishing there was something she could do to ease his untenable situation with his father. "I'll be back soon, Justin."

 

Justin nodded, looking belligerently at his father's approach. After a moment, he looked away from the anger and disgust in his father's eyes, wishing there was something he could do to change. Being true to himself was ripping his family apart. He didn't want to continue doing that, regardless of the bitterness he felt toward his father. Glancing up, Justin watched as his father poured a drink, remaining silent until his father broke the silence. He didn't have to wait for long.

 

Swirling the amber liquid around in his glass, Craig spoke in a more controlled voice; the voice of a man that felt he had expended all options, leading to the only workable solution. "You've gone too far this time, Justin."

 

"I get that you're angry, Dad. What you don't understand is that I can't help being who I am..." Justin responded, his voice beseeching his father to understand.

 

"Who you are..." Craig muttered contemptuously. "You don't have a damned clue! It's your mother's fault for encouraging your art."

 

Justin's jaw dropped. "My art? You're blaming art for making me queer? That's just another form of prejudice."

 

"You're not queer." Craig shook his head in denial.

 

"Really, Dad?" Justin asked with a cocky smile. "I got caught in the showers at school jerking off as I showered with the jocks. What else would you call it?"

 

Craig's face colored a bright shade of red. "Enough! I won't have any of your filthy talk in my house. Pack your bags, Justin. You're going away for a while."

 

"Where are you sending me?" Justin demanded, watching his father warily.

 

"You are joining a monastery out of state... at least until you're of legal age. After that, your disgusting choices won't pertain to me. I'll have washed my hands of you..."

 

Justin stood from his slouching position on the couch. "A monastery? You're kidding, right? I don't know the rules, but aren't I too young? And what about my education?"

 

"I have made a generous contribution to the monastery, along with our reverend pulling some strings. You leave for New York in two days. Your school records will be transferred to the monastery and your education completed by a monk that holds a teaching certificate." Craig looked at Justin coldly. "I won't negotiate on this. You will learn structure and discipline."

 

"I can't believe you're so cold and blind to everything other than your own distorted sense of right and wrong. Fine. I'll go. I don't want to cause Mom any more pain." Justin moved to brush past his father. "Placing me in solitude with a group of old men changes nothing. If I'm truly queer, I will remain so after this enforced punishment."

 

Craig clenched and unclenched his fists at his sides. "Get out of my sight. I can't bear to look at you..."

 

Justin turned his head away from his father, blinking away an unshed tear. "I echo the sentiment exactly... and I hope after I leave for New York that I never see you again."

 


 

Two Weeks Later...

 

Brian looked at the sergeant in disbelief. "I know you're fucking kidding me, Carl. There's no way in hell that I'm moving into a monastery and masquerading as a priest!"

 

"Not even to save your life?" Carl roared back, his fear for the life of the best detective he'd ever had making him desperate, and seeking to borrow any amount of time he could attain. "Brian, I get that it isn't ideal."

 

"Ideal? Do you realize what you're asking of me?" Brian asked, taking a long swallow of the beer in front of him.

 

Carl snorted. "I have a fair idea. The object is to place the intended victim in a secure location - one the assassin would never think to search."

 

"I don't see the need for such haste. I've survived so far, haven't I? We're so close to breaking this case, Carl. Now you want to slow our progress down by sending me away?" Brian hissed under his breath, being careful not to be overheard in the small pub that doubled as an officer's club.

 

"The last attempt came too close, Brian... and you know it. I don't expect this to take more than two weeks, three at best. In the meantime, you'll be safe and out of sight." Carl gave Brian his most stern look. "This is a direct command, Brian. I'm placing you in a safe house for the night. Then at daybreak when I'm certain we're not being followed, I will take you to the monastery."

 

Brian scowled, before taking a long swallow of his beer, quickly deciding this wasn't nearly strong enough. "Fuck. I won't be getting laid for weeks... and I can't tonight either. You have no fucking idea, Carl. No fucking idea."

 

"Let's get out of here, Lothario." Carl laughed, shaking his head. "Such a sacrifice you must endure, all to save your life."

 

Rebelliously, Brian looked around the bar filled with mostly officers, his gaze at once locking on a muscle-bound brunet at the end of the bar. Completely ignoring his commanding officer, Brian watched with a glazed look in his eyes when the man jerked his head over to the men's room. "Not quite yet, Sarge. I'm not celibate until I'm in your safe house. For now, I'm still Brian Kinney."

 

"You got fifteen minutes, Brian. Make the most of it." Carl snickered slightly as he reminded, "After tonight you won't be Brian Kinney. You will be transformed into Father Brian."

 

Brian rolled his eyes as he stalked toward his prey. Three weeks in a monastery with a group of men that were undoubtedly ancient. Fuck. He wasn't sure death wouldn't be more preferable. One thing was for certain - this would be fifteen minutes this trick would never forget.

 

TBC