- Text Size +

 

How many times are we going to go over this?" Brian snapped as they drove steadily down the country roads, all en route to the destination he dreaded more than any he had ever traveled to reach. He looked down at his flowing black robe, his fingers slipping beneath the collar that seemed to be choking him already, his revulsion continuing to grow.

 

"Until I'm certain you won't fuck this up!" Carl barked from the driver's side, casting a glare at his belligerent passenger. "You'd think I was doing this on a whim when instead, I'm going to all this effort just to save your damned life. A little gratitude wouldn't be so much to ask!"

 

Brian scowled at his commanding officer, knowing he should be acting much more gracious in light of the circumstances, yet, unable to look beyond the ridiculous ensemble he was now forced to wear, not to mention the supreme sacrifice he was being forced to make. "I get that you're trying to protect me, Carl. But fuck, would you look at me? You have no idea the sacrifice I'm making in going along with this insane charade."

 

"This insane charade will most likely buy us the time to save your life," Carl grumbled as he maintained a steady, yet legal speed, not wanting to be pulled over by an officer that could identify them, in particular - ID Brian. "Think about it. Who would ever look for Brian Kinney to be ensconced in a monastery? It's ludicrous. That's why it will work, as long as you don't draw undue attention to yourself to fuck it all up."

 

"Fine, I get that, Carl. Nobody in their right mind would ever look for me at a monastery. Yet, think about this, how am I supposed to blend in when I am the complete antithesis of that lifestyle? My lack of knowledge will be more than apparent..." Brian told him, thinking this rescue operation was doomed from its very conception.

 

"It's all taken care of, Brian. You just need to keep a low profile. I've spoken with the Abbot at great length. Although it isn't his policy or of the church to instigate falsehoods; in this case, it has been agreed upon that it's for the safety of the other monks, and you as well." Carl pulled onto the long road that held the monastery way at the end, his eyes glancing at the isolation, reaffirmed in his decision that this was the safest place for his marked detective.

 

Brian snorted. "Low profile. That shouldn't be difficult. I'm certain there won't be anything fuckable in this desolate place."

 

"Shit, Brian! Can't you even forget about your dick when your life's on the line? This is the best chance we've got of saving your ass, at least of buying time to bring your would-be assassin to justice. We are so close now. A couple of weeks without me wasting time shadowing you could be all I need to break this case wide open!" Carl spat out, shaking his head in exasperation. Pulling up to the gates that separated the monastery from the rest of the world, Carl affixed a stern look to his face. "Just follow along with the Abbot's instructions. He's the only one in the residence that will know who you are. It needs to stay that way. I'm not certain of the particulars on how he'll work you into the daily life here, in a way that will keep you from blowing your cover, but the Abbot has assured me he has it all planned out."

 

Reluctantly stepping out of the car, Brian sneered, "I take it this ‘Abbot' you refer to is the head of this dickless group?"

 

"Brian! Keep in mind, these dickless men are enabling me to save your life. Now, we must go inside. I need to leave as soon as possible. I made certain we weren't followed, but I don't want to linger around you any longer than necessary." He looked at Brian attentively, his eyes filled with concern. "I don't think anything will go wrong here, but I've supplied the Abbot with some prepaid phones. You can't use the monastery phone to contact me. Should my line become tapped, they could trace it directly back to the monastery. Then, this would all be for nothing, and many lives could be lost. In each event you use one of those phones, I want it destroyed immediately. The odds of tracing are slim, but I don't want to take any chances. Are we clear, Brian?"

 

Rolling his eyes, Brian followed Carl to the entrance, a visible shudder overtaking him when an older monk passed him, nodding his head in greeting. "Crystal. Isn't that ‘Father Brian', though?" Brian questioned.

 

"That it is." Carl clapped Brian on the back. "See, you're in character already."

 

As they maneuvered through the hallway heading toward what he assumed would be the Abbot's office, Brian shrugged indifferently. "Not too difficult upon seeing what's available here."

 

Carl grasped Brian's arm tightly, hissing into his ear, "Nothing is available here. I don't care what the age or shape, keep your hands to yourself!"

 

Brian looked at the slow-moving bodies passing along all heading into a large room to assemble, assuming this must be a daily ritual that he would soon be forced to participate in; Brian shuddered in distaste. "I don't see it being a problem."

 

Uttering a long-suffering sigh, Carl kept his mouth shut as they moved toward the Abbot's office. One thought passing through his mind, I hope that continues to be the case.

 

 


 

Justin knew he was in trouble again. He had been late for the second set of daily prayer sessions. That was frowned on greatly here. They kept a schedule for every hour of the day. There were some open windows where he could wander about and do as he wanted, but they were few and far in between. Glancing around he noticed he was at the end of many disapproving monk's eyes. Justin flushed, as he lowered his head in guilt. He couldn't blame them for being angry. This was the life they had chosen. His general behavior and attitude disrespected them. As much as he tried to force himself to adapt, he found he was doing anything but that.

 

This was torture, pure and simple. His father had known that when he'd enforced this punishment. He did have to give his father credit, though. From what he'd observed so far, everyone in residence was much older than him. Not a man here that tempted him in any way. As much as he had envisioned it to be primarily older monks and priests, he hadn't expected it to be exclusively so. His father had undoubtedly researched that aspect extremely well. He would be counting the days until he turned eighteen and he could walk out of here of his own free will.

 

Justin realized he could easily run away, but he wasn't going to do that. He would stay and make certain his father continued to make the contributions that were making this unorthodox stay possible. He bore no ill will toward the institution or these people. This was how they wanted to live. He was fine with that. However, it wasn't for him. Not now or ever. He had a safe roof over his head, one that was minus the machinations of Craig Taylor, and he had good meals. The only thing that concerned him was he hadn't received any information regarding finishing his education. The school year was nearly over for him, but there were final exams to be taken. Someone had to administer them. Not wanting to do so, but feeling that he must, Justin decided he would seek out the Abbot immediately after prayers and find out what was going on regarding his education.

 

Sitting up straighter on his bench, he ignored the impatient looks heading his way. Looking ahead toward the stern-looking priest leading them in prayers and devotions, Justin forced himself to remain focused and not do anything else to get in any further trouble. Bottom line, he knew he was under their control here. He needed to complete his education so he had a hope of a life when he left here. Justin intended to make sure he had one.

 


 

"Detective Kinney, your superior officer has informed me in great detail of your dire situation. It is not our policy to become involved in such worldly and dangerous matters; however, Sergeant Horvath has assured me that he will keep any danger far separated from our monastery..." The haggard-looking man looked down at Brian sternly. "I have also been advised of your nefarious reputation. That sort of conduct will not be permitted here. One sign of it, and I will be forced to take immediate action. Are we clear on that?"

 

Brian nodded, a sudden feeling of guilt assailing him at how deeply his presence could affect the safety and tranquility of their way of life. "I don't intend to do anything to draw attention to myself, sir. I hope to have this concluded in the quickest manner possible. Without the chief having to constantly monitor my continued well-being, he can concentrate on the resolution of this case. Let me assure you of one thing, though. At the first sign of the danger that stalks me coming close to the monastery, I will leave immediately."

 

"Thank you, Detective Kinney. Let's hope such an instance doesn't arise." He reached into his desk, passing across a small bag. "These are the provisions your commander left for you. I believe there are various cell phones and other items you may need. I did not search the bag. I don't wish to become involved any deeper than I already am in police matters. I was asked to remind you to phone in every week, and then have the phone destroyed afterward."

 

"Yes," Brian responded in agreement. "I have a couple of questions for you."

 

"Certainly. I had expected as much..."

 

"One, how do I address you? And the most important one, how are you planning on fitting me into the monastery life so that I don't stand out? I think it goes without saying, this lifestyle is a foreign commodity to me," Brian continued, hoping this part of the plan had been well thought out, knowing the success could very well hinge on the answer.

 

The monk nodded in understanding. "Two very good questions, Detective. You will refer to me as Abbot Reynolds. How you will fit in is very simple. I have passed the word around that you will be staying with us for a time to observe our practices in preparation for a new monastery that will be constructed next year. I haven't divulged where you are from. I leave that for you to explain further. I have further advised that you are to be excluded from any active involvement in our processes. Simply explained, you will be excluded from leading any prayers, devotions, or confessions."

 

"Okay." Brian emitted a sigh of relief. "That part concerned me. I wasn't sure how I would be able to perform those tasks. And my quarters? I know I have to stay at the monastery, but I was hoping under the circumstances a bit of privacy could be achieved."

 

"Privacy isn't ideal here, however, I have arranged a suitable set of rooms for you. I am placing you on the top floor which is barely used. It's not the luxury to which I'm sure you are accustomed, but it is clean and it should be private. I can take you there now," the Abbot responded, his attention pulled to the light tapping on his door. "Enter," he called out, a frown piercing his brow as young Justin Taylor stepped through the door.

 

"What can I do for you, Justin?" Abbot Reynolds asked in a low commanding voice, his eyes stabbing into the young man; knowing he needed to have a chat with him again about his behavior, knowing now wasn't the time.

 

Justin swallowed nervously as he always did in the Abbot's presence. His eyes briefly pulled toward the priest that was seated across from Abbot Reynolds, the back of him all he could make out. "I - uhhh, there was something I needed to speak with you about, but I didn't realize you had someone with you."

 

Brian's ears immediately caught the sound of this new voice. This was not falling from the lips of one of these archaic men he'd observed so far. He willed himself not to turn and look; knowing if the face and body even came close to matching the softness in that voice, his charade would be over before it even began. His voice pitched low, Brian addressed the Abbot. "I can give you some privacy, Abbot Reynolds."

 

The Abbot waved Brian's suggestion away with a flick of his wrist. "Not at all, Father. We're about finished here." Looking at Justin inquiringly, he motioned him forward. "Justin, I want you to meet the newest member of our monastery."

 

Justin flipped back the hood of his robe, gingerly moving forward; nervous and apprehensive, yet curious as well. From his limited time here, and from what he'd heard from the other monks, they didn't often get new admissions. This was very big news.

 

Brian stood up to greet the newcomer, his hand outstretched in greeting; his breath immediately lodged in his throat as he looked into the bluest eyes he'd ever seen. His eyes flickering down a bit, he felt his dick twitch at the beautiful and plump lips; ones he instantly ached to devour completely. Brian didn't know how or when, but he knew he had to taste those lips before he left this place. Why this boy was here was a mystery to him, but one that didn't matter right now; what did matter was the instant attraction he felt for the blond boy. He wanted him. As he raised his eyes to meet the blonds again, Brian caught a familiar spark, one that he knew and exploited very well.

 

The boy didn't truly desire this life. He was certain of it. This blond was gay. Whether he was confused about that remained to be seen. A calculating look entered Brian's eyes. His stay had just become infinitely more interesting. The thrill of the hunt was now in play. A game in which he excelled. He would wear this delectable boy down until he had taken all that he wanted. Grasping the boy's hand tightly within his own, Brian shook it firmly, holding it for longer than the action necessitated. "I'm Father Brian. It's a pleasure to meet you, Justin."

 

Justin's eyes grew wide as he stared up at the most beautiful face in the world. The face of God immediately came to mind. He almost laughed aloud at the irony of finding such a man here of all places. Swallowing with difficulty, Justin mumbled, "Uhhh, very nice to meet you, Father Brian."

 

The Abbot narrowed his eyes sharply on Justin. "Why did you need to see me, Justin?"

 

When he had finally regained possession of his hand, Justin used it to gesture nervously. "Oh, nothing urgent, sir. I just wanted to ask you about the completion of my exams. The school year was almost finished when I arrived, and I was told all I'd need to do is take the final exams."

 

"I haven't forgotten, Justin. It's just a matter of finding the right individual to administer them," Abbot Reynolds answered, not admitting that he had been failing miserably in finding the right person. Most of the monks had been here for most of their lives. Completing the education of a high school student didn't fall in with their skills.

 

Brian smiled, a sudden inspiration assailing him. Oh yes, my hot little would-be monk. I know precisely how we can spend some more time together. "Abbot Reynolds, perhaps I can offer some assistance..."

 

"Oh? How so, Father?" he asked, not having missed the undercurrents between the two men, yet knowing there would be no way to keep them separated. Realistically speaking, he knew Brian wouldn't be here for long, and he had no doubt that Justin would leave at the first given opportunity. In the meantime, he needed to watch them closely.

 

"I have a teaching certificate." Brian's eyes moved over Justin heatedly, intently, and with purpose. "I would be more than happy to see that Justin reaches the required credits to complete his education."

 

Justin's face transformed into a beaming smile. "Father Brian, you'd do that for me? Really?"

 

Abbot Reynolds was tongue-tied. He knew he should stop this, but he didn't know how to do it without drawing attention to their obvious attraction even more. He had a bad feeling about this, but he knew discouraging this would be even more suspect.

 

Brian's eyes darkened, a sensual smile curving his lips. "Of course, Justin. I'd be more than glad to do this for you."

 

"I will contact Justin's former school and make sure everything has been sent here. Thank you, Father. Your dedication is more than appreciated," Abbot Reynolds said, his tone speaking in volumes that he knew precisely what Brian was doing.

 

Brian glared at the Abbot briefly, before turning his most lustful gaze on his intended prey. "Don't mention it, Abbot Reynolds. I'm certain my efforts will be more than rewarded..."