- Text Size +

 

Brian knowingly smirked at his quarry as the boy looked up from his study materials for the third time in the last five minutes. The boy was nervous, yet not for the same reason that would seem normal in their present positions. He would expect Justin to display a degree of respectful admiration for an ordained man of the cloth that was supposed to be regarded as his mentor. Perhaps even finding their close proximity daunting, but this was not the case with the young man. He was aware of him on a much more personal level. That was the exact reaction Brian wanted to elicit within him. One that he would continue to work and evoke until he had the boy exactly where he wanted him.

 

Justin was fascinated by Father Brian. He was unlike any of the others here, and it was much more than how Brian differed from the rest of the monks in both looks and age. There was something in his heated regard as their eyes met and held. It was almost as if... no, Justin cautioned himself. That couldn't be it. Father Brian was a priest, and now he was his teacher. There was no way that could be the meaning behind the father's watchful glances. Once again, Justin looked up from the material he had committed to memory a long time ago when he was caught by Father Brian's intent gaze once more. He flushed as he looked back down, his hand trembling slightly as he turned the page.

 

"Is there a problem, Justin?" Brian asked almost mockingly. A part of him was rejoicing at the responses of the boy, while another part of him wished it always didn't come so easy. Here of all places he had thought to have found his prey to be a bit more resistant. As his eyes darkened on the sight of Justin nervously chewing on his lower lip, Brian decided the ease of the capture didn't matter. He wanted Justin too fucking badly. Brian couldn't wait to see him out of the unappealing robe, open to his view; most of all - available to every illicit pleasure he wished to explore with the enticing boy.

 

"I-I not really, Father..." Justin mumbled, trying to keep his eyes focused on the pages in front of him that were quickly becoming a blur.

 

Brian made a pretense of looking down at the file in front of him. He didn't need to do so. In a short amount of time, he had memorized everything contained within the folder about Justin Taylor. It could stem from a couple of reasons. One, it could be the cop in him - always analyzing. Needing to know everything about the subject of interest. Undoubtedly, Justin Taylor was a great subject of his interest - a boy that intrigued him on so many levels. Secondly, he could just be that into the blond boy. It went against his general behavior patterns, but he shrugged it off to his options being so limited here. He was Brian Kinney. Not getting laid in two weeks - at least he hoped it was only that period - was unthinkable and totally unacceptable. There was no way he entertained the possibility of Justin being that alluring that he couldn't focus on anything else. That broke every rule of his standard hunting and acquisition practices.

 

"I've reviewed your school records, Justin. I know the material can't be challenging for you. In fact, I would hazard a guess that you are prepared to take the final exams without spending time on study preparations." Brian eyed him closely, wondering how Justin would react if he admitted to stalling on the actual testing just so he could spend more time with him, get to know him better. Justin might think he was just being nice, but he would soon learn that ‘Father Brian' was the least altruistic man he'd ever met. He did everything for a reason. The time they spent together here had one as well. Admittedly, he did enjoy teaching, and it was a diversion from the humdrum of the boring lifestyle here, but that wasn't the primary reason for his offered assistance. If Justin kept sending him the signals he had been since their initial meeting, the compact little blond would soon learn much more about his instructor. A one-on-one brand of teaching in which he excelled - a process that he would perform long into the night.

 

"No, you're correct. This is all basic material. I aced this on my SAT." Justin smiled as he remembered the score. His success had been a curse really. Once his father learned of it, he had begun pushing him into applying at schools that had no connection to the one of his choice - art. Craig Taylor wanted his son to emulate him. Be a business major with a business career. That was not who Justin was, despite how the test scores may have represented him. He figured he didn't have to worry about that any longer. His father had all but washed his hands of him now. Justin missed his mother, but he couldn't say he completely abhorred a life that now took him away from his judgmental and cruel father.

 

Brian nodded in agreement. "I see that. You could get into any program in the country, Justin. I wonder why you are here and not approaching one of those opportunities."

 

"There are those who might say being here is exploring an opportunity. One stemming from a more divine purpose," Justin faultlessly reminded.

 

"Touche," Brian commended him with a laugh. If that was supposed to divert his attention, the boy was sadly mistaken. He already knew Justin wasn't all he seemed to be. Brian decided getting to the heart of the matter of him being here might be the quickest way to reach his own goals. As he looked at the boy that was steadily fidgeting less, Brian decided he would see just how nervous he truly made the boy - and determine the real reason. "I don't buy it, Justin, as I don't believe this is the life you would have chosen for yourself. Convince me that I'm wrong..."

 

Justin swallowed tremulously, his nerves that had just begun to steady feeling all over the place once again. "Uhhh, why are you questioning it, Father?"

 

"It's really not my business, Justin." Brian gave Justin his most compassionate and sincere look, one he thought fitting with the role he was forced to project. "It's my duty to offer guidance, spiritual, of course. I would be remiss if I didn't point out all the options that are available in the world for you." Hazel eyes swept over the blond's face, wishing he could see more of him - here and now. That damn robe and hood was a hindrance he wanted to sweep away - now.

 

"I appreciate your concern, Father. You have been more than kind to me. More so than any of the others." Justin shrugged as he thought of what to say, and how to say it. "Perhaps I don't fit in here. But it is my home for now."

 

Brian reached across the table, covering Justin's hand again, smiling as he felt the slight tremble in the boy that he hadn't been able to hide earlier either. "I want to help you find the right path, Justin." His eyes fell to the lips that Justin's teeth continued to gnaw on. Fuck, he was growing so hard just watching him. How would the hot little blond respond if he yanked him across the table, directly into his lap, and devoured that ripe little mouth until he couldn't breathe? His fingers stroked along the back of Justin's hand. "You make kindness very easy."

 

Justin's eyes strayed to the hand that was caressing his own, knowing he should pull free, yet unable to force the separation. What was Father Brian doing? Was he just that compassionate and intuitive about Justin's situation? He was afraid to ask. More so, he was afraid to reveal his attraction to the gorgeous father only to find disgust and disappointment in the compelling hazel eyes. "I-I'm so confused, Father."

 

"Shhh," Brian whispered. "When it's just the two of us, I'm Brian. Remember?"

 

"Right." Justin blushed. "Brian."

 

"That's better," Brian purred, continuing to stroke the blond's hand, his mind visualizing how else he could be touching him. "Will you do something for me, Justin?"

 

Justin nodded. "Sure. What is it?"

 

"I'd like to see the young man I'm getting to know. Push back your hood. I can make out your face, but I'd love to see you more clearly..." Brian prompted, wanting to get a better look at the blond strands, in his mind seeing how it would be when he latched onto it in the grip of a mind-blowing explosion of lustful frenzy.

 

"Sure." He laughed nervously as he pulled his hand free to push the heavy hood back with both hands. "Hopefully, you won't be disappointed."

 

Brian's eyes fell to the perfect head of blond hair that fell to Justin's shoulders. It was all he could do not to emit a whistle, and tell the boy exactly how and when he'd enjoy grasping at it. "I don't think that's even remotely possible, Justin." Brian felt his heart thudding in his chest, his blood heating even more, and his cock expanding in his pants. He didn't know how much longer he would last. At the very least he needed more. A kiss from those perfect lips would be a place to start. A point he knew he needed to reach soon or go completely out of his mind. Brian began to push for answers his perception had already told him. "I bet you had the girls chasing you relentlessly at school."

 

Justin flushed, squirming a bit uncomfortably, uncertain of how much to admit. "Not really. I guess I was too focused on my studies. I can't say I ever noticed."

 

"No girlfriends before you decided to come here?" Brian probed, knowing he would soon be hearing that admission that he craved to hear. Once that was out in the open, the game would change. If Justin admitted to being attracted to those of his sex, there would be nothing that could induce Brian to keep his hands to himself. His desire for the beautiful blond boy was too sharp. He had to have him or go utterly insane. Brian grudgingly admitted the blond was driving him close to that now.

 

His head shaking back and forth, Justin answered, "No. I didn't have any. A big part of the reason my father wanted me to come here."

 

"I see," Brian answered, despite his pleasure in finally getting some answers, developing a feeling he wouldn't like the father that sent his confused son away to this place. "I want to hear more about this, Justin, but I'm afraid we'll be interrupted soon. We've had the library for over an hour now, and I get the feeling your story is one you don't want to be overheard by the others."

 

"You're right, Brian. I wouldn't." He smiled at Brian from across the table, unable to shake his need to know him much better. "Perhaps we'll have the opportunity another time then."

 

Brian nodded. "Yes. I would like that. Very much." He looked at Justin attentively for a few minutes. "What about tonight?"

 

"T-tonight?" Justin stammered, wondering precisely what the unorthodox father had in mind.

 

"Yes, tonight. Come and see me after dinner, once everyone is free from their duties for the day. I'd really like to continue this, Justin." Brian's eyes heated and devoured the blond in one fervent glance. "Unless you don't feel comfortable with that, or even want to talk more."

 

"No!" Justin protested; in his innocence unable to hide his eagerness. "I'd like that. It's so easy to talk to you, Brian. Maybe that's what I need, if only to put all of this into perspective."

 

Brian smiled, the hunter knowing he was about to capture his prey. Taste and devour him thoroughly. His voice dropped to a husky murmur. "I'm here for you, Justin. You know where I'm staying. I'll be there when you feel free to come."

 

They both slightly started when the door opened and the Abbot appeared inside. Justin looked up to find the Abbot's disapproving gaze firmly focused on him. "Uhhh, I guess I'd better be going. It's about time for lunch."

 

"It is, isn't it? I find myself hungry as well." Brian looked toward the Abbot, knowing he had interrupted them on purpose. "Think about when you want to take your exams, Justin. I believe you're ready, but if you need more study time, that's fine too."

 

Justin nodded as he moved toward the door, quickly replacing his hood; after giving a slight bow to the Abbot, he looked back toward Brian. "I'll let you know, Father Brian. Thank you for all your help."

 

Brian smiled as the door closed behind Justin. My pleasure, Justin. Tonight is going to be even more so, for both of us. He watched as Abbot Reynolds took the seat that Justin had just vacated, finding his new companion much less desirable, and one that was affecting his good mood almost instantly. "Did you need something, Abbot?"

 

"I did. I just spoke with your superior. He wishes for you to phone him this afternoon. It sounded important..." Abbot Reynolds told him, hoping more than anything it was good news about the case that led the detective to go into hiding. Having Brian Kinney gone from here was his top priority, most especially now that his lascivious eye had landed on the young and impressionable Justin Taylor.

 

A snort followed. "It always sounds important with the chief. I'll call him, though." Brian stood up from the table, gathering Justin's file in his hand. He smiled at the glowering Abbot benignly. "Justin's lesson went very well today. I think he'll be prepared to take his exams very soon."

 

"Good." The Abbot fixed a cold gaze on his unwanted resident. "As soon as his exams are completed, you will have no further need to associate with Justin. Are we clear on that?"

 

"Certainly," Brian agreed. What did he care? He had no doubt he'd be fucking the boy tonight, tomorrow at the latest. Once that was done, he would have no further need to spend time with the enticing blond. Brian wasn't even certain he believed that to be true in Justin's case. There was something different about that boy. A special variable that placed him in an entirely different league. Regardless of his unique appeal, they led entirely different lives. Once he was free to leave here, Justin would be another part of his past. As he departed the library and away from all the curious glances that extended his way, Brian frowned as he realized how unsettling he found the reality of that goodbye to be.

 

TBC