- Text Size +

 

Brian exited the library in a brusque manner, knowing that Horvath's message could be important. It hadn't entirely escaped his attention why he was in this state of seclusion. There was a larger problem at hand. A crime lord that he had been so close to bringing down, one that as a result, had signed an order for his death. Bellinski. He had been doggedly investigating him for much of the past year. He had barely kept within the bounds of the law to escape being charged with harassment. He had picked up contacts along the way, and evidence, but not enough to put him away for good. He was on the verge when he had been forced into hiding. Nothing would please him more than to see this reptilian drug runner, among various other crimes, put out of commission - once and for all.

 

Reaching his present living quarters, Brian dug through his bag until he found one of the prepaid phones the sarge had supplied for him. He laughed at what else he found at the bottom of the bag - items of necessity for him, but ones he would have assumed Horvath would have discouraged him needing during this stay. There was a medium-sized tube of KY Jelly, along with two large boxes of condoms. Brian snickered. "Know me well, don't you old man?"

 

Dialing the number that he had committed to memory during the trip here, he waited for his boss' gruff voice to come across the phone. After several rings, Brian smiled derisively as it was answered, the sarge's voice obviously distracted. "You summoned?"

 

"It's about damn time. I left that message for you hours ago!" Carl exploded, quickly going to close the door to his office.

 

He sat down on the unappealing furniture that now housed his dwelling, looking down at it in distaste before he muttered, "Life at the monastery has me running at an active pace."

 

"Right," Carl grumbled. "We'll get back to that."

 

Inwardly Brian groaned, knowing a lecture would be ending this call. "Has something happened with the Bellinski case? I have been a bit cut off from current events in the outside world."

 

"Yes, it has, and in a surprising and big way. This has been kept as quiet as possible, but it should all break soon." Carl took in a deep breath, his excitement more than evident. "We got him, Brian. Bellinski got sloppy, much we think due to his cockiness of you being out of commission. Also, I recently planted a man in his organization. I had him slip that the hit on you seemed to have been successful."

 

"You did what? So, not only am I locked down in this wretched place, but I'm also dead as well? Unfucking-believable!"

 

"Oh calm down. That information was only dropped in Bellinski's organization. There has been nothing released to the press. All that matters is that it led to his capture," Carl reminded, both of them knowing this was only one part of Brian's problem.

 

Brian grunted. "I suppose. And the assassin?"

 

"He's still at large."

 

A smile curved Brian's lips. "I guess that means I'm stuck here for a while longer then."

 

"Yes, it appears so." Carl clearly remembered the talk he'd had with the Abbot earlier. "It's quite a turnaround, Brian."

 

"What is?" Brian asked, pretending to be oblivious.

 

Carl snorted. "Amazing really. I remember virtually having to drag you into that monastery. Now, you seem more than resigned to your current situation. Makes me wonder why."

 

"Sarge, if you have something to say - then, just say it," Brian told him, knowing it was inappropriate to speak to him like this, but not wanting to get pulled into the good cop-bad cop routine right now.

 

"I spoke with Abbot Reynolds. He voiced some concerns about your behavior."

 

Brian smiled. "My behavior has been fine, Carl. He just gets over-excited - and not in a good way."

 

"Right. I might believe that if I didn't know you so well. I would guess that you've found something to capture your interest. This would explain the Abbot's concerns, along with your sudden contentment with monastery life." Carl had known he'd been wise to pack those essential items for Brian. He'd hoped that his hot-headed detective would abstain during his brief stay, but knowing Brian as he did, he found that less than likely.

 

"It's nothing to worry about, Carl. I know when to be discreet, and when I can be more overt."

 

"Okay, Brian. I trust you. Hell, I'd trust you with my life. You know that." Carl conceded to him, knowing he had trusted him in that capacity on too many occasions to count.

 

"Thanks, Carl. I know what I'm doing." He frowned as he thought about the more serious issue at hand. "Are you sure you don't want me to come back to flush out my would-be assassin?"

 

Carl thought about that for a moment. "Not yet. Your home is under constant surveillance. We'll stick to the plan for now. With Bellinski being captured, I expect your hitman to lay low for a while. I'll be in touch."

 

"Okay. Let me know." They chatted casually for a few more minutes, before each of them took steps to end the call. Before hanging up, Brian mockingly told him, "Thanks for those extra provisions. It's good that you keep my every need in mind."

 

"Asshole. I know you, Brian. If there is a way for you to get laid, you'll do it. This way I protected both you and your bed partner." Carl didn't really care so much about Brian's exploits. All he cared about was jeopardizing his stay at the monastery. He knew this yet unnamed man would make his move - all that mattered was keeping Brian safe until then. "Take care, Brian. I don't care how safe you feel there, remember who you are and what is out there hunting you."

 

"I'll remember, sarge. Talk to you soon." Brian ended the call and destroyed the prepaid phone, knowing it wasn't safe to leave anything to chance. He wasn't overly concerned about the phone lines. They had a good plan in place. Each of them was speaking on a prepaid phone, not linked to an account. He wouldn't be found that way.

 

One thing Brian knew for certain - the capture of the drug runner that sought his demise didn't secure his safety. The hitman would proceed with the hit. In the world of paid assassins, a contract is a contract. It would not end until either the hit was completed or the hitman was captured. As much as it was good news that Bellinski was now behind bars, this ordeal was far from over.

 


 

Justin had suffered dinner, prayers, and more prayers with mixed attention. He hated this daily routine so much. This life was not him. As far as punishments went, his father had done well with this one. He had been going out of his mind, each day his torment growing - all changing when he arrived. Justin smiled as his thoughts took him to a mental picture of Father Brian's intense gaze. The newcomer had been so kind to him, so very different from the other monks and priests. Father Brian seemed to have developed some kind of personal interest in him, one that he didn't understand, yet one that he wanted to explore. Having him assigned as his instructor couldn't have been more divine.

 

In truth, it was a double-edged sword. Torment and bliss, his dilemma. Justin had been glancing at the clock relentlessly in the past hour. He could hear Brian's invitation in his head as lucidly as if Brian were here right now. Come and see me after dinner, once everyone is free from their duties for the day. There had been something in his eyes, his voice had been urgent and almost sultry. Father Brian intrigued him like no other man ever had. He wanted to know so much more about him. Justin wasn't oblivious to the obvious attractions of Father Brian, although he tried not to dwell on that. There was no future for any such thoughts. For now, though, Father Brian was keeping him going in this desolate place. He only hoped that Brian enjoyed their time together just as much.

 

His eyes continuing to be drawn to the wall clock, Justin abandoned all thoughts of doing as he was supposed to do. In what was not much more than an instant, Justin slipped into his shoes before quietly leaving his small room, en route to the path that would lead him to Brian's more secluded lodgings. He wasn't sure it was wise to keep tormenting himself with the seclusion of Father Brian's company, but he couldn't resist. He wanted to spend time with him in any capacity.

 

Justin smiled as he virtually tip-toed out of the monastery, feeling like the unruly child that snuck out after lights out. He giggled almost impishly as he looked back at the building he was now escaping, knowing he was on the way to a much more interesting place. An evening getting to know Father Brian better. What could be more appealing than that? Justin knew his biggest challenge would be gaining cooperation from his body regarding his responses to Brian's nearness. He had to achieve that. Having Father Brian look at him in either horror or disgust would be the most humiliating event in his life. Justin didn't pause to think what that meant, he only knew it would be the worst thing that could ever happen - now or ever.

 


 

Brian smiled as he heard the almost tentative knock at his door. He knew who was on the other side. This was going to be an enlightening evening for the young blond. Brian couldn't wait to get started. His lust for the boy was unlike any he'd ever known. He felt rushed for a mixture of reasons. Never had he hungered for a taste of a man as he did Justin, then, there was the fact that this case could be resolved at any time - leading up to his departure. One thing was for certain - he didn't want to leave here before he had thoroughly explored Justin Taylor; in doing so, showing him this was not the life for him.

 

Opening the door, Brian smiled at him warmly, inviting him inside with a sweep of his hand. "Come in, Justin. I'm so pleased you decided to come." Watching Justin move inside, Brian had to still his hands not to rip the offending robe from Justin's compact body. The robe hid so much, but not enough to disguise the beauty laying hidden beneath. "Have a seat. I'll get us something to drink."

 

"Oh, that's not necessary, Fath... Brian." Justin sat down in the center of the plain, yet comfortable couch, his eyes moving around the room with interest. It was very different from his lodgings; it was ordinary, yet intimate and containing everything the dweller could need.

 

"Nonsense." Brian quickly returned carrying a bottle of red wine and two long-stemmed glasses. He looked at his guest sheepishly for a moment. "A vice of mine. We all have them, right?"

 

Justin nodded, his jaw nearly dropping as he watched Brian pouring the wine. A few vices, Justin thought. This one was mild in comparison to the one that began to ripple through his mind. He wondered how the good father would respond if he confessed to a vice of his own - the one of desiring to feel their lips meshing together in unbridled passion. "I've actually never tasted wine, outside of communion wine."

 

Brian handed the glass to Justin, smiling hungrily at him over the rim. "Everyone has their first time - in everything."

 

Blushing as he took the offered glass, he took a timid sip before responding, "Yes, I suppose so."

 

In slow motion, Brian sat down beside Justin, deftly placing an arm around the back of the couch, so close to where he could almost touch him. "I wasn't sure you would come. I'm glad you did."

 

"Me too," Justin answered. "I'll be in trouble with Abbot Reynolds if he realizes I snuck out of my room, but I decided it was a risk I wanted to take."

 

Brian moved a bit closer, subtle yet determined to increase Justin's awareness of him. "I have a feeling you have taken a few risks in your young life. Am I wrong?"

 

Justin took another sip of his wine, smiling in guilty acknowledgment. "You are very astute. I have been a rebellious child. I guess it's no wonder my father decided to curtail that."

 

Placing his glass on the table, Brian watched Justin surreptitiously, forcing his lust under control for the moment. "Tell me what led you here, Justin. Something tells me it won't be any standard path."

 

"I-I can't tell you, Brian." He took another sip, before placing his glass on the table next to Brian's, deciding wine wasn't the answer. A clear head was what he needed here. Brian's proximity afforded him anything but that.

 

Brian moved even closer, until their thighs were touching beneath the robes. Scowling as he viewed Justin in that offensive hood, he brusquely demanded, "Would you remove that blasted hood? I'd like to see the man I'm speaking to."

 

Nodding, Justin reached up and pushed the hood back, his face turning to meet Brian's intensive and somehow purposeful stare. "Sorry. I guess I've become accustomed to wearing it."

 

That was a crime, Brian thought to himself. Those endless blue eyes, mixed in with perfect blond locks that were meant to be admired. "Now, talk to me, Justin. You can tell me anything. Nothing will change my opinion of you." Brian nearly groaned when he spoke those words. It was undoubtedly true. Nothing could change how those perfect lips affected him; mixed in with his eyes, Brian found himself hard and in immediate need of release.

 

"I'm not so sure of that," Justin muttered under his breath.

 

"Justin, I have met a variety of characters over the years. Let me assure you - nothing surprises me." He affixed a firm and compelling gaze on the blond boy. "Now, tell me why you came here."

 

A soft sigh followed. "Okay, maybe it will help to talk about it. If you want me to leave afterward, I'll understand."

 

"I won't," Brian whispered raggedly, intuitively knowing this admission would be at the heart of getting what he wanted most - this enticing little blond beneath him in bed.

 

"I was taking a shower at school. Some of the jocks were doing the same. I- I, uhhh..." Justin began to stammer almost incoherently.

 

Brian's eyes darkened, knowing precisely where this was heading. It was utterly ironic really. He hadn't heard Justin's story yet, but he had the feeling it was similar to his first initial awakening to the beauty of the male anatomy. "Go on, Justin." He placed his hand on Justin's leg, beginning to rub it soothingly, trusting himself not to rip the offending robe off in the process.

 

"I got hard, Brian. Painfully and impossibly hard. I couldn't stop myself..."

 

"What did you do?" Brian asked hoarsely, knowing he was moments away from tasting those lips, forcing himself to wait until Justin not only welcomed the connection, but sought it as well.

 

"As I was watching them, I started touching myself. I whacked off under the shower spray, keeping the jocks in my sights the entire time." Justin turned his head away from Brian's direction, unable to look at him. "I know I've probably disgusted you now. I'll go if you want."

 

A low husky laugh resulted. "No. I don't want you to leave. In fact, I had a similar experience around your age. I understand it perfectly. Much more than you know."

 

"Really?" Justin asked nervously. "You're not just saying that?"

 

"No, Justin. I never say anything I don't mean." Brian reached out, turning Justin's chin to fully meet his gaze. "Have you ever kissed a man? Really kissed one?"

 

Justin blushed, unable to comprehend he was having this discussion with Father Brian. "Nothing very extensive. My experience is non-existent. When my father found out, he freaked. He's the most anti-gay man you'll ever meet. I think he hates me, everything about me. He sent me here to punish me, but more to get me out of his sight."

 

"I see." Brian's eyes flared in anger as he thought of how Justin's father had treated such a pivotal moment in his son's life. When he needed understanding and support he received abuse - even if only in the emotional sense. Justin's father was of the sort Brian loathed above all others.

 

Shrugging, Justin pasted a fake smile across his lips. "It's not so bad here really. I'll probably leave when I turn eighteen. I'm not sure where I'll go, but I will figure something out."

 

Brian knew he should feel guilty about his dogged pursuit, but he couldn't back down now. He had the feeling Justin's future would work out for the best. For now, all he could think about was the tremendous need he had for him. He had to have him - tonight. "It will work out, Justin." Brian's hand stroked up and down Justin's leg, smiling when he felt the muscles jerking beneath. "I can be your teacher in a wide variety of ways. Let me do that for you."

 

Justin felt his heart skip a beat as he looked deeper into Brian's eyes. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, what he had thought he had found there earlier, but thinking it impossible. "W-what do you mean?"

 

"I think you know." Brian's mouth moved closer, his breath becoming a caress across Justin's lips. "Would you like to feel that real kiss, Justin? A kiss given by a man that wants you more than anything. Wouldn't you like to know how that feels?"

 

A moan followed. "From you? I-I don't know what to say."

 

Brian growled as he felt Justin's breath mingling with his own. "Don't say anything, Justin. Let me kiss you. I swear you'll know the difference from your last." Brian took Justin's groan as acceptance before he moved forward to gently brush his lips across the ones that so enticed him. "Yes," he whispered almost hollowly. "Open for me, Justin. Let me in..."

 

Justin gasped as he felt Brian's lips closing firmly over his own, his breathing quickening as he felt that first lash of a tongue demanding entry. Brian wasn't subtle at all in his kiss. He was exploring him, making his intentions instantly known. When Brian began to languidly tug on his lower lip, Justin couldn't keep from opening them widely - his desire to fully experience Brian's kiss overriding all common sense. Justin's hands reached out to slide into brunet strands of hair, unknowingly tugging on them, causing Brian's mouth to move on him more ferociously. His tongue gradually snuck out to tangle with the one that possessed his mouth so effortlessly, his cock filling and throbbing as one mouth virtually fed on the other.

 

"That's it, Justin. Give in to your desires. Be the man you know you want to be..." Brian whispered in between the stabbing motion of his tongue into Justin's mouth. Fuck, he tasted so damn perfect, Brian thought. He wasn't the least bit surprised. He'd known from the first moment he had looked into the beautiful blue eyes - this boy was perfection.

 

Fingers sifting in and out of Brian's hair, Justin returned Brian's kiss in equal measure, his hands moving to trail down to Brian's shoulders. It was at that moment he came back to his senses. His fingers froze as they brushed across the collar that adorned Brian's neck. In a sudden movement that almost made Brian fall from the couch, Justin lurched to his feet, his hand reaching up to his lips, head tossing back and forth - horror and embarrassment assailing him.

 

"Justin, what's wrong? Come back..." Brian implored, his eyes narrowing as he watched Justin slowly backing toward the door.

 

"No, this is wrong. It's all my fault. My dad is right - I'm fucked up, and I almost brought you down to my level." He looked down at the floor, unable to meet Brian's eyes. "I hope you don't hate me for this, God knows I hate myself enough."

 

Brian cursed under his breath. He had been so close, and now Justin was filled with self-loathing and guilt; all of which was the direct result of the views of his asshole of a father. Fuck, how he wished he could get his hands on him now. "Justin, wait..."

 

"No, I need to go. We can talk in the morning. I- I just can't face you now." His hand closed around the doorknob, his voice breaking as he whispered, "You are a respected priest, and I just made out with you like... well, I think you know. I'm so sorry, Brian. So very sorry."

 

Brian knew one thing for certain. This wasn't going to end like this. He wanted Justin Taylor, and fuck, he would have him. More than that, he couldn't let him suffer like this thinking he had committed some unforgivable sin. He tried to convince himself he was reaching out to him solely to gain possession of his untried little ass, but he knew it was more. Brian Kinney did give a fuck, at least in regard to one sensitive little blond. The words flew out of his mouth before he could call them back. "Justin, stop. I'm not what you think."

 

Justin's steps stilled as they moved to pass through the door. He turned to look at Brian, lust, and compassion fighting with each other in his eyes. "What do you mean?"

 

"It's a long story, but suffice it to say - I am not and have never been a priest. You have not corrupted a man of the cloth, Justin. I'm a police detective, one that has no aspirations of being a priest - now or ever!" Brian began to move toward Justin. "Now, come back inside and let me explain. Once I'm finished, I won't stop you if you still want to leave, all that I ask is that you hear me out."

 

Justin closed the door. He leaned against it as he looked at Brian incredulously. "I'm beyond confused, but I'll listen."

 

"Okay. Let's sit back down, and I'll tell you my story." When Justin hung back in hesitation, Brian told him, "I promise I won't touch you unless you ask me to. As difficult as that might be, I will force myself to behave."

 

"That's just the problem, Brian. I will want you to touch me."

 

"Fuck." Brian growled, his nostrils beginning to flare. "Don't say shit like that to me until after we've talked. Go sit at the table, Justin. Perhaps that table will keep me off you long enough."

 

Justin smiled yearningly at Brian, both of them having the same instantaneous thought.

 

I'm totally fucked.

 

TBC