- Text Size +

 

Brian walked to the counter, handing Deb a twenty along with his bill, as he quipped, "Keep the change. It's the least I can do for such amazing service."

 

Debbie quirked a brow as she rang him up, pocketing the tip, before she snarked back, "It was better than you would have received had I known you would let Sunshine leave with that pretentious asshole."

 

"How interesting. And here I thought I was the worst thing that could happen to little Sunshine... in your exalted eyes," Brian responded drolly.

 

Narrowing her eyes, she considered him, before answering, "No, not the worst... at least when you break his heart you'll do it upfront and not covered by lies and deceptions."

 

"Thank you for the vote of confidence, Deb," Brian drawled silkily. "However, it's not my intention to break the boy's heart."

 

"Doesn't matter, Brian. That's what will happen if you persist. He's very sensitive and not built to fit in line with your ‘one fuck' policy. But at least he's going into it with his eyes open - knowing who you are. Ethan, now that was another story," her eyes becoming stormy as she thought about him.

 

"Tell me about Ethan," Brian prompted, to his dismay, wanting to know everything about Justin's life, past and present, not willing to accept what that might mean regarding his own casual philosophy.

 

"Not much to tell. Thankfully, they weren't together that long. Suffice it to say, Ethan used Justin before proceeding to break his heart. From what I saw here today, it looks like he's returned to pick up the pieces and start again. If you care about him - you won't allow that to happen, Brian. I've always had a bad feeling about him... and it hasn't changed," Debbie told him, glaring at a couple of twinks that were shouting for service. "Hold your pants on, I'm coming."

 

Brian's eyes shuttered briefly, before he answered, "Justin's a big boy and has to make his own decisions. But I wouldn't worry too much. I can't speak of how he was then, but the Justin of today seems very strong, and someone I have a feeling learns from his mistakes."

 

"I hope so, Brian, and that it isn't the means of pushing him into making even bigger mistakes," she said, eyeing him shrewdly, before sauntering over to the table that had been repeatedly summoning her.

 

Brian realized his friends were undoubtedly still watching him, especially following his unexpected presence and behavior here this morning, entertaining thoughts that he would soon join them. However, that was the last thing he wanted to do right now. He popped a mint into his mouth before proceeding out of the diner without a backward glance; he was certain that would shock them even further. He didn't want to deal with the stare down from each of them, the barrage of questions that were certain to follow, ones that would result in him producing caustic comebacks he wasn't in the mood to generate.

 

He only wanted one thing - Justin to arrive at Babylon tonight, without the sniveling Ian clipping at his heels. They had serious matters to discuss... along with some pleasurable business to commence. He didn't even pause to think of the ramifications or future complications his decision to train Justin would elicit, most particularly after he'd had the pleasure of fucking him, but it was something he knew he wanted to do. Needed to do. Brian wasn't one to second guess his decisions. Once made and set, and moving forward with them, was always his goal. That would be the case with this one as well. Justin Taylor would be the lucky recipient of a varied selection of his expertise... on the ice and in his bed.

 

Brian convinced himself training Justin would be easy and he would be the soul of professionalism, provided he fucked him first; thereby getting the need for the blond boy out of his system. No other reality could he understand. That's just how it was in his world. How it had always been. It didn't matter that he genuinely liked Justin, cared about him even - in his own way. The bottom line, being very simple: once they fucked, he could step back and look at the boy the same as he would any other skater he was hoping to assist in reaching their goals. He was Brian Kinney. No other scenario made any sense.

 

As he walked down Liberty Avenue, heading toward the baths, Brian grunted to himself, Do I really believe that regarding this boy... or am I just spouting total bullshit?

 

Changing and moving into the sauna, Brian's eyes touched on the various hot bodies that were vying for his attention. He nodded to one, allowing him the great pleasure of servicing him. As the eager trick opened Brian's towel, he closed his eyes, cursing under his breath when his mind's eye viewed a blond head bobbing between his legs, wide expressive eyes looking up at him in a mixture of trust and need, ones that he was throbbing to fulfill. While the trick continued to suck him, Brian's mind pictured what Justin's face would look like amid sensual bliss, vowing to himself - tonight he would find out. As he spewed down the welcoming throat of the nameless and now faceless trick, all he could see was Justin, and his most sobering thought persisted, Damn if you're not totally fucked, Kinney...

 


 

Justin walked alongside Ethan, en route to his apartment, waiting for his former boyfriend to say something - anything to break the tense silence. He didn't want to be here with him, nor could he see anything left for them to discuss. As far as he was concerned it was over, long ago, with him having no interest in a return trip. Why had Ethan shown up now? Peering over at his brooding expression - most likely caused by Brian's none-so-subtle approach - Justin halted his steps, intent on getting to the bottom of his visit. "Ethan, what's going on? You seemed determined to speak with me privately... and now you aren't saying anything."

 

"Sorry, Justin. I'm just so delighted to see you again... and happy to have you all to myself now. I guess I was just enjoying the moment, remembering all the walks we used to take together," Ethan said, smiling at Justin affectionately.

 

Justin coughed indelicately, before saying, "To my recollection, you hated those walks... and said you only did it to humor me. Now, all of sudden that's all changed?"

 

"Many things have changed, Justin. But let's go inside and discuss it," Ethan said, motioning forward, seeing they were only a few feet away from Justin's apartment.

 

"Fine. Let's go then," Justin said, with a long sigh, just wanting this to be over.

 

A few more silent minutes passed until they reached the front of his apartment, with Justin reaching into his pocket to unlock the door, holding it open allowing Ethan to enter. He followed him at a hesitant pace, removing his jacket, watching as Ethan did the same, gesturing for Ethan to have a seat. Remembering his manners, he asked, "I'm not sure what we have, but can I get you something to drink?"

 

"No, but thanks, Justin. Your undivided attention is all that I require," Ethan said, smiling up at him longingly, unable to hide the frown that marred his brow when Justin took a seat in the recliner across from him and not next to him on the couch.

 

"Umm... so you said the length of your return could possibly be contingent on me? What exactly did that mean?" Justin asked, all but demanding to know.

 

Ethan kept the smile pasted on his face, one that was far from reaching his eyes, telling Justin instinctively Ethan was up to something... whether it be good or bad, was yet to be determined. "Yes, that's right. I came back for you, Justin. To rebuild what I so callously destroyed... if you will allow it."

 

"Came back for me? But that's ludicrous, Ethan. We have nothing left. I had just agreed to move in with you and was in the process of doing so when I found you in bed with your ex-boyfriend. There's no coming back from that breakdown of trust. We had a commitment and you violated it. I - uhhh, mean... there's no hard feelings, but I don't want to go back," Justin answered fervently.

 

Leaning forward, all appearances displaying he wanted to touch him, Ethan's smile faltered with his eyes becoming cold as he watched Justin recoiling backward in disgust. Running a hand through his hair, Ethan continued on, "Justin, I know it won't be easy, but we had something, didn't we? Obviously, I fucked up. You did nothing wrong. It was me. I know I blamed you at the time because you hadn't let me fuck you yet. But I just wanted you so damned much. Blowjobs and handjobs just weren't cutting it any longer..."

 

"Oh, I see. You wanted me so much, yet you rang your ex up, inviting him over, and proceeded to fuck him into the mattress. The same bed that when I agreed to move in with you, I was prepared to begin sharing. One mother fucking night was all you needed to wait and you would have had me. And you couldn't wait that long?" Justin raged back, incredulous that Ethan still managed to find a way to turn this back on him in his own unique and twisted fashion.

 

Ethan stood up, angrily pacing back and forth, before he turned accusing eyes on Justin. "I'm not fucking perfect, Justin. I made a mistake. Why can't you get that? But this isn't about me or us... this is about him. Isn't it?"

 

"Him? I don't know what you're talking about. This is about what happened between us two years ago. It was over then, Ethan. It will always be over. If you came back in the hopes of resurrecting that, I'm afraid you've wasted a trip," Justin told him, knowing without a doubt he'd been referring to Brian, but accepting of the fact he would never take Ethan back, Brian or not.

 

"I came back because things are really good for me, and I can build a life with you either here or in California. I've been offered a spot in two different orchestras, one in Harrisburg and the other in the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Obviously, the latter would be more prestigious, but I wanted to be with you. Think about it, Justin. We can live in LA. You can pursue your dream, as I continue to aspire for my own, and we can be together, as we always should have been." Ethan said, kneeling down beside Justin's chair.

 

Justin forced the eye roll not to escape, realizing this was going to be much more of a daunting task than he had ever envisioned. He didn't understand Ethan's rationality at all. How could he even think that he would be up for this? Did he think he was so desperate, so lacking in self-esteem to be lured back down that same path? Shaking his head in total revulsion at the mere thought of returning to him, Justin gently spoke, "Ethan, I'm very happy that you received those offers. You are very talented, and you deserve them. However, this thing you have imagined with me will never happen - not now or ever. I think it's best if you find another way to make your decision and just go."

 

Ethan rose to his feet, looking down at Justin in a jealous, impotent rage. "Brian fucking Kinney. It's always been him. Your hero for as long as I've known you, and for God knows how long before that. Now he's in your life, but it won't last, Justin. He'll fuck that ass that you kept closed off to me and then he'll dump you. I loved you Justin, and still do; I would have given you everything."

 

"I can't deny what you've said about Brian. I've always admired him, in so many ways, but that doesn't mean I don't fully understand who he is. I do - completely. That being said, let me say it again, this isn't about Brian - it's about us and how I don't have any feelings for you. I don't want this with you, Ethan. Accept it and move on," Justin said, moving to his feet, preparing to walk toward the door to send Ethan on his way. "It's time for you to leave, Ethan."

 

"I don't think so, Justin. If I'm losing you to him, I intend to have what I should have had two years ago. Before you go to him, I will have my fill of your hot little ass. When I'm finished, your hero can have what's left," Ethan snarled, advancing toward Justin, grasping his arm before throwing him roughly down onto the couch. Following his body down, Ethan began placing biting kisses along Justin's neck, growling in fury as Justin tried to push him off. "Let it happen, Justin. You want it... you know you do. You're just a fucking cocktease - that's what you've always been, but no longer. Don't fight me, Justin. I don't want to hurt you, but I will have you - one way, or another. It's your choice..."

 

TBC