- Text Size +

 

One Week Later...

 

"Would you mind repeating that?" Craig Taylor snarled into the phone.

 

Coach Thompson flinched in response, belatedly pulling back the phone following the ear-piercing shout. "I apologize, Sir. There was nothing I could do. Justin has hired Brian Kinney to be his trainer. I think we both know there is no way the kid would look elsewhere after securing his support."

 

"Mother fucking queers!" he hissed in rage. "Yes, I am more than aware of my son's sickening hero-worship of Brian Kinney over the years. I swear the boy's first sexual experience was probably masturbating to images of that depraved faggot. How the hell is Justin paying him? Or do I even need to ask?"

 

"I can't answer that. However, it was more than obvious that Brian Kinney was very protective over Justin. He barely let Justin get one word in when I tried to offer my assistance," he said, remembering how odd he had found it to be.

 

Craig frowned thoughtfully. "Interesting they have built such a rapport in a short-lived acquaintance. Makes one wonder if they had met before the competition..."

 

"That's irrelevant now. I'm quite certain neither of them would ever admit to previous knowledge... and it would be hard to prove it now. Justin was going to make the Olympic team whether he won the gold or not; that being the case they wouldn't bother investigating it. All it would do is generate sympathy for the gay community when Kinney attests to their innocence and that Justin is being attacked due to his sexual preference. Not what you want when the Olympic Games are going to be held in the United States," the coach told him, shrewdly knowing this should be enough to shut Craig down.

 

"So, I do nothing. Just let the little prick skate away to his dreams? Emulate himself as some sort of idol to the world, flaunting his disgusting lifestyle as he continues to carry my family name!" Craig all but yelled into the phone.

 

The coach rolled his eyes, as he shook his head in disbelief that Craig Taylor continued to express such hatred toward his son - his only son. "I'd say you are forced to leave it in the hands of fate. There is no way Justin will ever accept another coach now that he has Brian Kinney guiding him."

 

"That appears to be obvious. I guess our business is done, then. I will not hold this against you... I realize you did all you could. There is no reason to continue our association any further," Craig said in cold dismissal, ready to be rid of anyone that could not assist him in his goals.

 

"Very well. I'm sorry to be the bearer of such bad news," he said smiling into the mouthpiece - thinking himself to be anything but that.

 

"It's a setback... that's all. I will find a way to get to Justin. He will not win his gold medal. Mark my words, Coach... he will not win," Craig hissed in a murderous rage, before slamming the phone down without warning, causing the coach to flinch once again.

 

Replacing the phone, the coach turned his eyes to face his guest. "I take it you understood the bulk of that conversation?"

 

Brian smiled coldly and with menace. "I did. Loud and clear. That man is the most pitiful excuse of a father I have ever seen. I thought mine was bad, but Craig Taylor reigns supreme in the ‘homophobic dickhead of the year award'. He will suffer dearly for every moment of pain he has administered to Justin... and for all the ones he has perpetrated."

 

"I wish you luck with that. The man just seems unhinged where Justin is concerned. I worry about the kid. Craig may be foiled now, but I'm afraid he has more diabolical plans in mind... ones that he didn't trust me enough to share."

 

"I will keep a close eye on Justin. Nothing is going to happen to him, and very soon, Craig will find himself more focused on other matters," Brian said with a smile, thinking of all the shares Ted was systematically beginning to purchase; along with the meeting Brian was due to have with some of his most influential board members. If all went as planned, Craig Taylor would soon lose control of Taylor Electronics - and would be directly underneath his thumb. Answering to one of the queers he most abhorred. Oh yes, justice was more than sweet.

 

"If I can do anything, don't hesitate to ask. I feel horrible for my part in this," Thompson told him.

 

Brian nodded as he came to his feet. "A man can make some bad choices all for the well-being of his family. You are making the right ones now. That's all that matters."

 

"Thank you, Brian. Take care of Justin. He deserves only the best."

 

"That he does. Thank you for coming forward. You've done the right thing... and I won't forget it," Brian told him intently. "If you hear anything from Taylor, day or night... be sure to let me know."

 


 

"He's gonna do what?!" Melanie exclaimed, her hand flying up to prevent the pasta from spewing out of her mouth.

 

Lindsay smiled. "And here I was worried about Gus' table manners."

 

Justin laughed. "Hmmm, yes... and they are not even blood-related."

 

"It's true, really? Brian has agreed to train you?" Lindsay asked, her eyes giddy with excitement, as Melanie just looked on in shocked disbelief.

 

"Damn. I guess he wants in Justin's pants even more than I realized to go to such extremes," Melanie muttered beneath her breath.

 

"Melanie! Please. Brian could just want to help," Lindsay defended, knowing she was failing to sound convincing to either herself or Melanie.

 

Melanie choked on her tea, as she rolled her eyes at her partner, before smiling sympathetically at Justin. "Justin, there is an important lesson here for you to learn. Brian only helps Brian. If he's doing this... he has an ulterior motive. Now, I'd say it's pretty obvious what that is."

 

"Really. What might that be, Mel?" Justin demanded as he pushed his half-eaten food away.

 

"He just wants to fuck you, Justin. I'm sorry if that is upsetting to you... but it's better to know now before you get even further invested. He doesn't care about you winning the gold, or even about you... it's all about getting his own rocks off!" Melanie spat out.

 

"Melanie, that's quite enough. You don't know that. And when has Brian ever had to go to such extremes to get a man into his bed?" Lindsay countered.

 

Shaking her head in annoyance, Melanie snapped, "You'll never see him for who he is. I just don't get it, Linds. What will it take to convince you that he's just a user? I refuse to allow Justin to be dragged down to his level."

 

Justin glared at his friend sharply, oblivious to the door opening silently behind him. "Dragged down to his level? Do you hear yourself, Mel? Why do you hate Brian so much? What has he ever done to you? Well, let me answer this for you - he didn't simply agree to train me - he offered. And he's not doing it to get into my pants. Why should he when he's already been there?"

 

Laughter and applause erupted from behind, as Brian came up behind Justin and kissed him soundly on the cheek. "That's my boy."

 

"Brian, don't you ever knock?" Melanie demanded to know, as she stood up - throwing her napkin roughly down on the table.

 

"And miss all this scintillating conversation?" Brian drawled, tongue-in-cheek. "I came to visit with my son... if that's okay with you."

 

"Of course it is, Brian," Lindsay answered with a pointed glare at Melanie. "He's in his room. Go on up if you like."

 

Brian stared Melanie down for a long cold moment before he nodded his thanks to Lindsay. Turning to Justin, he asked, "Can I give you a ride home, Justin? I'd like to talk to you."

 

"Uhhh sure, Brian. I think I have the rest of the day free... unless my trainer has decided I've recuperated to the point where I can now return to the skating rink," Justin smirked.

 

"I'll let you know later. As of right now, I think you can do a limited workout tomorrow... with me monitoring, of course."

 

"I wouldn't have it any other way, Coach Kinney," Justin told him, wetting his lips deliberately, as his eyes trailed up and down Brian's body.

 

Brian's eyes heated, before he said, "Don't go anywhere, skater boy."

 

"I wouldn't dream of it," Justin returned, smiling as he watched Brian take the stairs two at a time.

 

Melanie pushed away from the table in exasperation, scowling at Justin fiercely. "I expect that blatant behavior from Brian... but not from you, Justin."

 

"Can't you leave it alone, Mel?" Lindsay pleaded.

 

"Not when he brings it into my home!"

 

Justin swallowed uncomfortably, as he stood up from the table. "Thank you for lunch. Uhhh, could you just tell Brian I'll be waiting outside? I'd like to get some air."

 

"Justin... wait. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I just don't want to see him hurt you," Melanie said, in what he knew was her best form of an apology.

 

Holding up a hand, waving her off, he said, "Don't worry about it. I know you're just trying to look out for me. But the thing is - this is all a part of growing up. If I get hurt, I'll just have to dust myself off and start over."

 

Lindsay and Melanie smiled at each other, before hugging Justin tightly. They each kissed him on the cheek, before Lindsay said, "You could teach us all a lot. I only hope Brian knows what he has, and doesn't fuck this up."

 

"Thanks for the vote of confidence there, Wendy," Brian fired back, his eyebrow arching. "I guess this is just my day of hearing all sorts of revelations."

 

"I didn't mean anything, Brian. Justin is just very special, and he deserves to be treated as such," Lindsay explained.

 

Brian nodded in agreement. "I know exactly what Justin is, and let's make one thing perfectly clear - how he fits into my life is none of your fucking business. Now, are you ready to leave, Justin? I believe my stay at Muncherville is concluded for today."

 

Justin lowered his head as he nodded, all to hide the smirk that threatened to erupt into laughter. His thoughts ran rampant, as he mused, damn if this isn't the most amazing man - ever!

 

Moments later as the Vette was moving through traffic, Justin looked at Brian with a beaming smile on his face. He spoke without thinking about his words. "My hero. First, last, and always."

 

Brian laughed, as he pulled into his parking spot a short time later. He leaned over, kissing Justin deeply and thoroughly, before he whispered, "Keep it up, Taylor. You'll make me human yet."

 

"You already are, Brian. So much more than you know, but I have faith I'll complete the process."

 

Stepping out of the car, Brian motioned him upstairs. "Let's go, Sunshine. We have a lot to discuss, and I have some extracurricular activities in mind for later - ones that you won't be performing on the ice..."

 

"Really, Mr. Kinney? Who says they can't be performed on the ice? A little privacy and some dimmed lights are all we need. Where's your sense of adventure? And here I thought you were the man who said fuck 'em all. Dare anything," Justin boldly taunted him.

 

Brian backed Justin into the lift and into the corner, pressing his body flush against the blond. "You push me at every turn. Just you wait, skater boy extraordinaire... there won't be a place I haven't fucked that perfect ass of yours when I've finished."

 

Justin ran his finger up and down Brian's chest, stopping at the snap on his jeans. "How about you save the talking for later and just get started then? Doesn't that sound like an action plan, Coach?"

 

"Sounds like the perfect action plan. One that I am an expert at following to a most satisfying conclusion," Brian growled as he began biting at Justin's neck. "That's enough talk for now... it's time for action - the kind in which I excel."

 

Justin smiled as Brian all but dragged him into the loft, hands running all over his body, lips licking and biting at his face, neck, and any place Brian could reach; his thoughts of the recent days becoming more and more reaffirmed. Dreams do come true... and he didn't intend on failing to reach and live them with this man, each and every day.

 

TBC