- Text Size +

 

"Mr. Hobbs, I'm so pleased you could join me," Brian purred, as he sat across from Christopher Hobbs, Sr. in the small coffee shop. He looked around, before saying in a condescending tone, "Charming little place."

 

"Your ominous message left me little choice, Mr. Kinney. And yes, I do imagine the ambiance here is not to your personal preference," Chris Hobbs, Sr. said with a sneer.

 

"That's quite true, Mr. Hobbs... although, I'm quite adept at making any environment adaptable to my special needs..." Brian answered, leveling his companion with a cold, unflinching stare. "Now, regarding our business... I'm glad you understand your position."

 

"Your threats, you mean?" Hobbs snapped. "It's hard to ignore when you told me that my family will be rocked in scandal if I didn't agree to meet with you."

 

Brian arched a brow, smiling benignly. "Again, it's good that you understand your limited options. Did you bring the contract?"

 

"I brought it," was the terse reply. "Doesn't really matter, though. I am not going to sell my shares to you. And be advised that I have told Craig about your secret little takeover. I don't think you'll find him to be very cooperative."

 

"His cooperation isn't really a pressing concern to me. The end result is all that matters. As it stands now, I hold forty-three percent of the company. I can create a great many waves... should I desire to do so," Brian said coldly and emphatically.

 

Chris Hobbs, Sr. swallowed slowly. "Forty-three percent? How did you acquire that much so quickly, without Craig being the wiser? Precisely what are your intentions, Mr. Kinney?"

 

"My intentions are my business, and mine alone," Brian snapped in irritation. "I have some very resourceful and discreet employees on my staff. If I want something to happen - I make it happen!"

 

"Well, you'll just have to be content with your forty-three percent. You won't be getting mine, not now... or ever," Hobbs sneered in response, preparing to stand and walk out.

 

Brian narrowed his eyes that were carved in ice, before he clipped out, "Sit down. We're not finished here." Watching as the much older man did as he was told, Brian continued, "Now, back to the scandal that I am more than prepared to amass against your family..."

 

"What scandal?"

 

"If you don't sell me your shares - right here and now - I will make it well known how your son likes to bat for both teams..." Brian drawled, in a hushed whisper.

 

"That's a damned lie, Kinney! My son is no queer. You do your worst, and I will sue you for slander..." Hobbs, Sr. threatened, his face flushed in anger.

 

Brian laughed. "Why don't you ask your son what happened in the equipment room with another student back at St. James."

 

"What does it matter? Even if it did happen, which I don't believe it did - that was years ago," he hissed angrily.

 

"I think it would matter a great deal to the pretentious, homophobic people that run in your circles. But okay then. I'm fine with my forty-three percent. We'll just have to see how your friends respond," Brian said smoothly, as he finished off his latte, and prepared to make his departure.

 

Just as Brian was standing, and readjusting his tie and jacket, Hobbs spoke out to stop him. "Kinney, wait. You win... I'll sell you the shares."

 

"Good man," Brian smirked as he sat back down, brandishing his checkbook. "Don't be too dismayed, Mr. Hobbs. Craig Taylor is a self-centered asshole that doesn't give a damn about anyone. He would sell you out in a heartbeat. Look on the bright side - you will be all the wealthier with the bonus I am paying you over market value. Now, sign the papers. I don't want to be in your company any longer than you wish to be in mine."

 

"Very well," Hobbs snarled. "I wouldn't get too cocky, Mr. Kinney. I think you'll find you've made an enemy in Craig Taylor. He'll never forget this."

 

Brian laughed coldly as he watched all the signatures being administered in the appropriate places. He picked up the document, making certain nothing was missed before he nodded his approval. "On the contrary. Craig Taylor has made the enemy, and I will never relent. The difference between me and him is very simple - I have more drive and more assets to support my cause. It is finished... as is he. Feel free to tell him that, if you are so brave to reveal to him what you've just made happen."

 

Hobbs stood up, looking down at Brian in fury. "You'll pay for this, Kinney. I don't know how or where, but mark my words, Craig will find what you care about most and take that away from you."

 

"He's already attempted to do that, and he has failed. Now, he will no longer have the ability to threaten what belongs to me again," Brian spoke in what was a vow, shocked in his mind what he had just verbally revealed. Possessive and distributing caring emotions toward Justin. When Hobbs departed the coffee shop, Brian shook his head in disbelief at what this all meant; unable to deny any longer what he knew to be true.

 

The little shit had done it. Irrevocably so. He, Brian Kinney was in love with Justin Taylor. The improbable had happened. Admitting it to the little shit was another thing entirely. He was now fucked in ways he had never imagined, but for some unknown reason, he didn't really mind. Seeing Justin's smile in his mind, he decided - no, he didn't mind - not at all.

 


 

Justin spiraled on the ice, making intricate patterns back and forth, trying to maintain his attention to practice; yet knowing his focus was not complete. Brian wasn't here yet. He was meeting with Chris Hobbs' father, and that was all Justin could think about. He had wanted to go with Brian, but he hadn't allowed it. Brian had told him, "Be a good little skater boy and go practice. I will meet you there." So, here he was now, practicing, but with his mind on Brian's meeting - and his imminent arrival. He shrugged his shoulders, forcing himself to stay on task, as he skated in circles on the ice, alternating from one leg to the next equally.

 

Suddenly, he almost lost his balance when he heard a familiar and disapproving voice shouting from across the ice. "I'm not training you for the fucking Ice Capades, Taylor. This is for the Olympics. Pull in your damned focus - now!"

 

Justin smiled in the immediate knowledge that his hero, trainer, and lover was not only present but determined to be heard. If he had thought his previous coach's training program had been rigorous, he had the feeling he hadn't seen anything yet. Justin swallowed deeply, at once realizing he hadn't considered how having Brian training him would affect him. He found himself to be a quick bundle of nerves just knowing that Brian not only was here but was judging him in a coaching capacity. If that wasn't something to ground him, Justin didn't know what was.

 

In the next instant, Justin picked up his pace, skating as if his life depended on it, knowing with the Olympics a mere six months away, it undoubtedly did just that. He forced himself to tune out everything other than the music and the ice, not only knowing, but feeling Brian's eyes fiercely upon him. He skated out into the middle of the ice, practicing his spirals, and celebrated the fact he maintained a perfect balance and arch. His eyes wavered momentarily to see Brian standing at the edge of the ice watching him intently. Forcing his gaze away, Justin vaulted forward to build up his speed and momentum in preparation for showcasing the various jumps that needed to be perfected.

 

Brian shouted from the side, "When you're at full speed, I want to see all your doubles and triples. And hear me... I said double and triples - not quads!"

 

Justin smirked, forcing himself not to shout out a 'Yes, Sir... Mr. Kinney,' but he managed to refrain from the temptation to do so. Grimacing, as he moved into full speed, Justin thought, ‘Thank God we have that meeting to go to this afternoon, and Brian was late for practice.' Moving into his rhythm, he slid effortlessly into his jumps, immediately realizing Brian was going to be quite the drill sergeant, and finding nothing could please him more.

 

Brian smiled as he watched Justin. The boy was incredible, he thought. If anyone was ever one with the ice, it was his little skater boy. It didn't even alarm him that he thought of Justin in those terms any longer. He just accepted it as one of those things that simply was. Brian called out to him. "Alright, skater boy, that's enough."

 

Justin skated over, smiling brightly at him, beaming as he saw the pleasure in Brian's eyes. That was one thing he had learned about Brian Kinney. What passed through his often mocking lips, was not always indicative of what was actually present in his mind. Deliberately wetting his lips, just to see Brian's eyes flare in response, Justin smirked when he received the desired effect. "See something you liked out there, Coach?"

 

"Impertinent little twat," Brian rallied back. "You looked good and you know it. But what the fuck was that bullshit when I arrived? It was stiff and theatrical."

 

"My focus was just off, you know... with all that's going on," Justin told him truthfully.

 

Brian nodded. "I figured as much. Well, maybe this will put your mind at ease..."

 

Justin opened up the folded documents that Brian extended, his eyes widening in incredulous disbelief at what he was reading. "Oh my God! Brian, you actually did it. You own the controlling interest of Taylor Electronics."

 

"That I do. You are now looking at the primary stockholder in possession of fifty-one percent of the company," Brian smirked, with an evil light in his eyes.

 

"My father will be livid," Justin said in excitement.

 

Brian glanced at his watch. "Speaking of... you need to grab a quick shower and change if you are coming with me to this meeting. We need to pick up Emmett on the way. Your old man is going to love him."

 

"Emmett? Wait a minute. I met him, right? Campy and oh so colorful," Justin said, wondering exactly what Brian was up to now.

 

Brian laughed. "The one and the same. I think the offices could use a new touch of style... don't you?"

 

Justin looked at Brian, shaking his head in wonder at how far he was going to put Craig Taylor in his place. Every unexpected action caused Brian to burrow deeper into his heart; knowing unequivocally, Brian was such a part of him now he would never be able to go back to a time that didn't have him featuring prominently in his life. And no matter what happened in the future, he knew he didn't want to go back. Not for anything.

 


 

"Mr. Taylor will see you gentlemen now," the secretary crisply announced.

 

"Of course, he will," Brian smirked as he gestured Justin ahead of him into the office, his eyes briefly flickering around wondering where Emmett had gotten off to. He surmised he was checking out the restrooms... or preening in them.

 

Craig looked up, stone-faced, and flushed as Justin preceded Brian into the office. Not standing, Craig rasped out, "Mr. Kinney, I presume, and Justin."

 

"Hello, Dad. You don't mind if I have a seat, do you?" Justin asked, not waiting for an answer as he took a seat across from his desk.

 

Scowling, Craig answered, "Not at all, Justin. Do make yourself comfortable, and you as well, Mr. Kinney."

 

"Oh please, call me Brian. After all, we're going to be seeing a great deal of each other in the future, aren't we?" Brian queried, looking at the older man coldly, knowing that he held all the cards.

 

"It appears so," Craig Taylor clipped out. "I want you to know that I have my attorney looking into this, Kinney. I will find a loophole, a mistake you've made in your acquisition. And then, I will have it overturned, and you out on your ass."

 

Brian laughed coldly. "I don't think so, Craig. I now own fifty-one percent of this company, and big changes are going to be made, effectively immediately." Brian's eyes sharpened in pleasure at the shock on Craig's face. "Oh? Haven't you spoken to your good friend, Mr. Hobbs? Just this morning he elected to sell me his shares."

 

"I don't know how you managed this, but I will get to the bottom of it. Coercion, plain and simple, is all it could be. I will prove it. Not only will I get my shares back, but I will also sue you. I swear I will!" Craig snarled, the red in his face spreading down to where his collar met his neck.

 

"Oh come off of it, Dad. You can't do a damn thing. This is all legal, and common takeover practice. Most particularly when a company is run by a man that isn't paying attention to business!" Justin snapped, unwilling to allow his father to threaten Brian.

 

"What are you implying, Justin? I am here virtually day and night making the success of this company. Why don't you take your faggot ass back down to Liberty Avenue, and stay out of my world - the real man's world," he sneered, as he looked down at Justin in contempt.

 

Brian's eyes flared with anger and unrelenting hatred for the man seated across from him. "Watch it, Taylor. I don't give a damn about the money. I could run this company into the ground, leaving you with nothing. Push me too hard, and that's precisely what I will do."

 

"You're bluffing, Kinney. You didn't spend that much money just to see it dwindle away," Craig protested, eyeing Brian warily.

 

Brian laughed as he shook his head in derision. "You have no fucking clue. I don't give a damn about your company... nor you. I did this to avenge Justin for the crimes you have perpetrated against him; ones you continue to seek to inflict on him."

 

Craig snorted in disgust. "He doesn't deserve fame and fortune. He's a disgusting little queer that doesn't deserve to exist in my world. Someday he will run across someone that will take care of him, once and for all."

 

Justin gasped, turning his head away, fighting back the tears that he felt pricking right behind his eyelids. He glanced at Brian briefly, his primary concern now that his fierce champion wouldn't react in a way that would have him playing right into his father's hands - cuffed and hauled directly off to jail. Seeing Brian's eyes narrowing on his unshed tears, Justin abruptly stood to grasp Brian's arm, seeing he was on the verge of striking out against his father. "Brian, don't do it. That's what he wants. Please, for me... don't do it."

 

Brian forced a smile down at Justin, as he returned to his seat. Patting Justin on the shoulder, he nodded in agreement, acknowledging his control was reasonably back in place. "You're right, Justin. This man isn't worth it."

 

Craig shook his head in disgust, looking from one to the other. He was about to insult both of them when his office burst open with Emmett strolling quickly inside, flailing his arms around wildly. Craig rolled his eyes, shouting out in annoyance, "Who or what the fuck are you?!"

 

Emmett grinned, before he extended his hand forward, pretending to be affronted when the gesture wasn't received. "I am Emmett Honeycutt. I have been hired to redecorate these offices, and let me tell you a secret, darling... you are in such dire need for a complete makeover."

 

Craig's eyes bulged in his head, as Justin and Brian looked at each other unable to contain their laughter. "Kinney, I'd advise you to take your passel of queers and get the fuck out of my office - now! I don't know what your game is, but I assure you of this - my attorneys will find a way to unravel this mess."

 

Brian stood up, moving toward the desk. He leaned up against it, piercing Craig Taylor with cold, expressionless eyes. "Game? This is not a game, Taylor. You fucked up when you tried to poison your son. You are no longer simply dealing with him... you have me to contend with now. And trust me... I am not an enemy you wish to have."

 

"How touching, really. I guess the press has you pegged all wrong. I thought you were a heartless bastard that didn't carry emotional baggage and had some good business sense. But I see you are just another pathetic faggot that only thinks with his dick. This will be fun to watch, actually. When you have your fill of him, and we both know you will, you will toss him aside and be begging me to buy you out," Craig declared, foolishly believing in his own delusions.

 

Brian shook his head as he looked down at Justin's father in pity. "There was a time when that could have been true. But not any longer. It's a pity you can't see all the love Justin has inside of him. He would have forgiven you in an instant if you would have just reached out to him and extended him some compassion and love. But you lose because of that. Not only do you lose the company that I would have returned to you if he had requested, but you lose the most important thing of all."

 

Emmett held a hand to his chest in disbelief where this conversation was heading. His eyes widened, and a gasp escaped; any words he thought to whisper frozen in his mouth when greeted by Brian's silencing glare.

 

In cold disinterest, Craig asked, "And what might that be?"

 

"Not only have you lost any self-respect you may have once possessed - but you've also lost your son as well. That is something you will have to live with forever."

 

Craig looked at them incredulously, before he mockingly said, "What a pathetic couple of queers. You fucking love him. The two of you disgust me."

 

Brian looked at Justin, warmth clearly displayed in his eyes. He nodded slowly. "You're right about one thing, Taylor. I am in love with your son. That being said, heed my words. I will do anything to protect him. Anything! I think that has already been proven." Turning his eyes from Justin's completely dazed expression, he looked at Craig with chips of ice in his gaze. "Don't push me any further, Taylor. If you do... you will see just how far I will go to protect the ones I love."

 

TBC