- Text Size +

Chapter 9


Brian and Justin were both speechless.  Brian made a gasp, drawing Justin’s attention from the man standing in the door. “Brian, take a deep breath.  Look at me, baby. Brian….”  Justin saw him take a deep breath and look back at the door.

Justin went into protective mode and stood, facing the oddly familiar stranger.  “Who the hell are you?”

“Mr. Taylor, I didn’t mean to surprise you.  Is Mr. Kinney alright? Please, make sure he is….”

“I asked you who you are!” Justin was yelling now and this time it was Brian’s turn to squeeze Justin’s hand.

“Sunshine…” Brian tried to calm him.

“Mr. Taylor, is everything alright?” a guard rushed in the door behind the man.  

Brian looked at Dan’s double and then at the guard, “I think we are alright.  Can you shut the door and just stay close?”

“Yes, sir.  I will be just outside if you need anything.” 

Brian  led Justin to the table and pointed the other man to a chair on the other side of the table.  “I am guessing you are Adam,” Brian said as the man sat down.

Justin looked at Brian and then questioned, “Adam?”

“Yes, Mr. Kinney. I wasn’t sure you would have ever heard of me.”

“Adam?” Justin said to Brian again.

“Justin, this is Dan’s younger brother.”

“Younger brother?  You knew he had a younger brother? All these years and…”

“Sunshine, why don’t you go change and get ready for your big night.  I will track you down in about 15 minutes, alright? I promise I will tell you everything but right now it is your night and I want you to relax and enjoy it.” Brian kissed Justin.  “Go on, I’ll be there before the doors open.” 

“You’re right.  I do need to do a couple things.”

“Love you, Sunshine.  Tonight everyone will see how bright you shine.” Forgetting the other man in the room for a minute, Brian stood next to Justin, and placing a hand on either side of his face he kissed him, long and slow. “You got this, love.”  

Justin walked out of the room but left the door open a bit. Brian heard Justin say, “Please stay here and if you hear any tension…” his voice drifted out of range.

“I am sorry, Mr. Kinney.  I didn’t mean to shock you.  I forgot you knew my brother back when he was my age. Do I really look that much like him?”

“As you walked in I thought so.  Now that I see you up close, it is still obvious you are related.  What are you doing here?”

“I’m here because you are here,” he took a deep breath.  “I wanted to come see Dan when I heard he ….well when I learned he wouldn’t get better... “

“So you had been in contact? I mean I know he contacted his family maybe thirty years ago but he hadn’t mentioned...well, I was out of the state for three years.”

“Yes, he told me that.  Something with Justin’s mother and your health issues?”

Now Brian was fairly sure Adam was telling the truth.  “Yes, we stayed with her until she passed and I was strong enough to travel. What are you really doing here, Adam?”

“I wanted to get to know Marcus and Danny and Hannah.  I wanted them to know they had an uncle, a brother in law.”

“Why now?”

“I live about an hour outside of Seattle.  I knew Justin has been up here for a bit and when I saw a picture of you in the paper with him last night I knew I needed to try.  If you talked to Marcus for me… Oh, Brian, I don’t want you to miss out on even a minute of Justin’s big night.  Can I take you out for a late dinner or a nightcap?”

“Can you meet us for breakfast? Maybe 8:30?  I will back our flight up an hour or two.  My nephew is here to fly us home so our schedule has some flexibility. Give me your phone number and I’ll send you the address.”

“Oh, thank you, Brian.”

“One question before I go.  Why now?”

“I lost everything.  Foolishly, I thought he would welcome me with open arms. He was right, I didn’t deserve that.  I am glad I at least got to know him before….”

The door opened and it was the guard, “Mr. Kinney, Mr. Taylor asked me to get you.”

“Coming,” Brian put his hand on Adam’s shoulder and squeezed.  “I’ll be in touch.”

Brian was a little lost in thought when John and Tony appeared in front of him and he was swept in the excitement of the evening.  

The evening was a big success.  The gallery under Justin’s guidance was laid out flawlessly and the mural he had painted was going to draw people for years.  It was one of those paintings that you found something new in it every time you looked at it. It was Justin’s night to soak it all in but he wasn’t expected to speak or even mingle if he didn’t want to.  After closing there was going to be cocktails and a light dinner as a going away party for Justin.

At one point, Justin sat next to Brian on a small sofa in front of his mural. He kissed him and said, “Can you tell me something about Adam? And why didn’t I know anything about him?”

“Dan only mentioned his family a handful of times.  His mother died when he was young and his father remarried.  Adam is almost thirty years younger than Dan.  Anyway, his dad said Dan would poison young Adam and refused to let him be a part of his family.  About twenty years ago Dan looked Adam up and Adam was afraid Dan would interfere with his life so Dan promised he would never bother him again. That is the last I heard of it.”

“And where is he now? Did he just go away?”

“I told him I would talk to him over breakfast.  It is up to you if you want to join us.  I want to know if he is serious about wanting to know the family or if he wanted money from them.  Dan’s family is or at least was wealthy.  I don’t know the situation now.  I texted Tyler a little bit ago to look into it for me tonight but don’t feel like you have to come in the morning.”

“I want to.  This could affect Marc. I need to watch out for him.”

“Sunshine, you have to know I would never purposefully let harm come to Marcus and the kids.  I promised Dan I would take care of his family.”

Justin opened his mouth but closed it again.  Tonight wasn’t the night to start something with Brian.  He had come so far.  He was here, wasn’t he?  “Thank you for being here, Brian.  I love you.”  Justin kissed him and then stood and went to speak with a visitor.

Brian watched him walk and for just a moment he thought back to the first art show he went to where Justin had work shown.  He still had the sketch Justin had done of him. He was so young and energetic. And, he was so beautiful. As he watched him engage with some of the guests, Brian watched and realized he was even more beautiful now.  Even at 80, he felt his dick react. He realized even back then his heart had begun to melt.  He already loved him. 


Gus looked at Shelby, “I need to check on him.  Has he said anything to you?” 

“No, I ask if he needs anything and he just shakes his head.” Shelby knew how worried Gus was and she understood that.  She was worried too.  “Stay with him tonight.  I was going to check on your dads’ place to make sure it is ready for them. I’ll just sleep over there.  Maybe he will relax a bit if he knows I am out of the house. You said he likes clam chowder so I picked some up today and there are some biscuits to go with it.  Get him to eat something.  I am worried about him too. Shelby took Gus in her arms and kissed him.  “Gussy do …. You know what to do.  Call me if you need me.”

“I love you, Shel. Thank you for this.”  Gus walked toward Pen’s bedroom.  He hated seeing him like this.  Pen hated relying on anyone and right now he could do very little alone.  Gus tapped on the door and entered the room.  Trenton lay on the floor near the bed. “Oh, god, Pen, why didn’t you call us. Sorry, that was a stupid thing to say.” Gus had rushed to his side and helped get off the floor and had him sit on the edge of the bed.  “Where were you going? Did you need something?”  

Trenton pointed toward the bathroom. “I need…”

“I want you to keep talking but I know you need the restroom.” Gus brought the walker over to him and, walking behind him, made sure he made it safely. Gus then helped him back into the room.  “Why don’t you sit down on the sofa for a bit? Aren’t you tired of sitting in bed?” 

Trenton sat down and reached for Gus’ hand. “Thank...you,” Trenton struggled but got his words out. 

Gus leaned into him and kissed him.  “Oh, Trent, you did so much for us and now we are giving back just a bit. 

“Not better. Won’t stay...forever.”

“Oh, Trenton, it has only been a few days.  You will get better. I know you will.” Gus leaned over and kissed Trenton.  He could feel Trenton trying to respond.  Even without full control of his mouth, Gus could feel his lips working to seal to his. And then Gus felt Trenton struggled but managed to get both of his arms around him. 

“Love you so much. Shel…”

“Shelby, is gone for the night.  It is just you and me. We have clam chowder and biscuits and I think we have something gooey I can lick…”  Gus felt him tense.  “I’m sorry, Pen.  I’m pushing you.”

“You need….find someone.”

“Trenton, there is no one for me beside you and Shelby.  There will never be anyone else and you aren’t getting rid of me that fast.  You just trying to ditch me for a younger man?  I hear Dad is bringing an intern to work with him.  You probably are going to….”

“Kiss...me,” Trenton got out as Gus brought his mouth back to his.

A half hour later, Gus helped Trenton back to bed and once Trent had dozed off, Gus left the room to get dinner  ready for the two of them.  Shelby had left while he was in with Trent but she had put the chowder in the warming oven and had the biscuits ready for baking. He hummed as he worked in the kitchen.  Trenton seemed to be feeling a bit better.  He knew that could be different tomorrow but for tonight he would enjoy the evening with one of his loves.


Lost in thought he hadn’t noticed John and Tony walk over and sit next to him. “Brian, you alright?” John saw a distant look on his face.

“Oh, ya,” Brian chuckled.  “Just being an old man lost in memories.”

“So, this Adam guy, is he for real?” Tony asked as he put an arm around John’s shoulders.

“He’s for real.  Dan only talked about him a couple times and because it was so painful for him, I promised to keep it private.  Adam was still a teenager and living with their father when I heard all of this the first time.  Dan had left home young and no one in his hometown knew he was gay.  His family was powerful and he knew his sexuality would be a disgrace to his father.  Shortly after he left his mother passed away and his father started his second family.  Dan was somewhere around 25 when Adam was born.”

“But Dan had talked to his brother recently?”

“I didn’t know he had but things Adam said makes it obvious they had been in contact.  I don’t know why Dan didn’t want to ….  I need to talk to him and find out what actually happened with Dan.”

“And you are meeting for breakfast?”  Tony questioned.

“Yes.”

“Brian, we want to be there for you.  We will leave the three of you alone but do you mind if we are at the restaurant?”

“No, I’d like that. Thank you, guys.  I can always count on you.” Brian squeezed John’s hand.

“Uncle Brian, after everything you have done for us over the last almost 40 plus years. We would do anything for you and Justin. Plus we get to go to a party in a few minutes.”

Soon Brian, Justin, Tony, and John were getting into the back of a limo for the short ride to the party.  Brian said something to the driver as they got in.  “What did you say to him?” Justin asked as he ran his teeth over Brian’s earlobe.

“I told him to take the long way to the restaurant.”  Before Brian had the sentence out, Tony was pressing John down onto the seat across from them.

Justin smiled at Brian, “I like that idea.” Brian pulled him close as he laid down.

By the time the driver stopped in front of the restaurant all the men had to straighten their clothes.  All four of them enjoyed the rest of the evening.  They drank and ate a wonderful meal. There was music and dancing.  Brian and Justin chose to sit and watch Tony and John.  By the end of the evening, they were all ready for bed but sleeping was the last thing on the minds of Tony and John.  Once they arrived at home, each couple went to their own room. 

Brian and Justin smiled as they heard some noises coming from the room across the hall.  They were both tired and just lay in each other’s arms.  “Brian, tell me more about Adam.”

“Sunshine, I really don’t know that much.  I knew he existed and, according to Dan, Adam had rejected him maybe 20 years ago. All I learned from Adam in the short time we talked is that while we were gone Dan contacted him.” Brian tightened his arms around Justin and kissed his temple.  “I wonder if he felt the need when he realized he wouldn’t be getting better.”

“Yes, that makes sense. I guess we will find out in the morning.” Justin rested his head on Brian’s chest as he yawned.

“Sunshine,” he said sleepily, “Can I tell you I have never been prouder to be your husband.  I sat there tonight and thought about my life if I hadn’t gone to New York to find you.  My life would be empty except for Gus but he would have stayed with his moms.  I would be rich but I would be empty.” He could hear the steady breathing of Justin on his chest. “Sleep, my love.”


Tony and John decided to skip breakfast out and Brian and Justin drove over to the diner.  As they walked in they found Adam already sitting at a booth with two empty cups and a carafe of coffee. Brian had to smile.  That is exactly what Dan would have done for them. He stood and shook hands with both Brian and Justin and all three men sat down. After Joe took their order, the men began to talk.  Justin moved close to Brian and Brian wrapped his arm around him.

“Dan and I never had a conversation that we didn’t talk about you?” Adam said. “You gave him a family when his own family deserted him. I was so glad he reached out two years ago.”

“You said you contacted him.”  Brian didn’t have time for small talk.  

“Yes, three years and nine months ago I lost everything I loved.  My wife and two children were killed in a car accident.” 

Justin reached out and touched his hand, “Oh, I am so sorry.”  

“Thanks.  I didn’t marry until I was forty and then my wife and I had twins two years later.  They were my life and I was shaken to the bone.  Dan sent his condolences but I had been so cruel. I was young but had told him I would never need his kind in my life.  I didn’t know how hard it was not to have family.  When I lost them, I realized what we had done to him but by then he had his own family. He didn’t know me and honestly he didn’t know there was no one else.”

They all stopped talking as the food was set in front of them and they ate as they talked.  “Adam, did Dan call after he got sick?” Justin asked softly.

“Yes, he was honest about being hurt.  He told me about his wonderful family and how he and Marcus became parents and then grandparents.  We actually met up once right after he got his diagnosis and he told me why he couldn’t introduce me to them.  I did understand but now, I don’t know, I just want to get to know them.  I know I can’t replace Dan and they can’t replace my family but maybe…”

“What do you want us to do, Adam?” Brian asked with a reserved tone.  “What are you asking from us?”

“I don’t need money.  I have more than I can use.  I just want to meet his family.  I want to learn more about my big brother.” Adam started tearing up.  “I was so blind when I was young.  It was my wife that taught me how to really love and I missed out with Dan but if I could get to know Marcus, Danny, and Hannah.  Please, can you talk to Marcus for me?”

Justin wanted to respond but knew this had to be up to Brian. He looked at him.  Brian took the last bite of bacon and a swallow of coffee. He started to stand and pulled Justin out of the booth.

“Brian, Adam isn’t….”

“Justin will talk to Marcus and we’ll be in touch.”

“Oh, thank you.  That is all I can ask.”

Justin hugged Adam before Brian almost rushed him out.

“Brian,” Justin said, a bit irritated with him but then he saw his face and he wrapped his arms around his husband. “It will all be alright. I promise you, it will be alright. I think Dan would want us to do this.  I think everyone will find some healing.”


Gus woke up next to Pen.  He looked over at his peaceful face.  He couldn’t even notice the drooping when he was relaxed.   He had been so happy last night when Pen ate a good dinner.  He was remembering how they shared dessert when he heard...

“Stop staring at me,” Trenton slurred.

“When I wake up next to a gorgeous man I have to look.” Gus gently ran his tongue along Trenton’s neck and then worked his way up to his lips.  Trenton struggled but brought both arms around Gus.  “See you have already made great progress.”

“When I see beautiful man, I  can…” Trenton stopped struggling to speak and then he gasped as Gus’ hand slipped into his pajama pants. “Gus, I don’t… Not sure is…” Gus worked his way down and moved the pants away enough to take him into his mouth.  

Gus began to lick lightly and then he poised himself above Trent’s cock and blew gently on it.  Trenton sighed wanting more.  “If you want me to suck you off you need to meet me halfway.”

Trenton focused all his will and slowly raised his hips and Gus gladly met him.  After Trenton had repeated the motion half a dozen times, Gus moved lower and it wasn’t long before Trenton’s body trembled and Gus coaxed him over the edge.  Gus hoped that wasn’t bad for him.  He had definitely enjoyed it but now he was laying still with his eyes closed.

“Trenton, are you alright? Was that too much?”

Trenton nodded but didn’t say anything.  After a few minutes, Trenton said, “Piss.”  

Gus left him alone in the bathroom until Trent called to him and then they showered.  After Trenton was dressed, Gus helped him out to the kitchen so he could have some new scenery.  Trent dozed in the chair while Gus made breakfast and then the men ate.  Gus helped Trenton  cut up his sausage and spread jam on his toast.

“Baby,” Trent rolled his eyes.

Gus smiled at him, “Trust me, I have changed a lot of diapers, I have never seen the equipment you have on a baby.”

Trenton laughed softly, “Love you. Gus.” He took a breath, “My house.  Need to go…..food.”

“Oh, ya, your fridge and fruit on the counter. I could…. Do you mind if I send Brennon and his boyfriend? I know they would be very respectful and would do a good job.  Anything still edible they will eat.” Gus laughed.

“Yes. Key.”

“Let me call my nephew and I will give him my key.  You rest up and maybe we can walk in the pool for a bit later.” Gus stood and gave Trenton a deep kiss.  “I don’t know what I would have done if I had lost you.”  With that Gus walked away and Trenton laid his head on the back of the chair.


Brennon was glad to help and he was excited to have some alone time with Jed.  He had been at Trenton’s once and he remembered the swinging bed on the porch.  He hadn’t told Jed anything but he had taken a couple condoms with him.  If it felt right maybe….He and Jed had explored every inch of each other. They had used some toys and explored each other’s ass and Brennon thought he was ready if Jed wanted to and maybe Trent’s porch would be the place.

The boys chattered on the ride to Trenton’s and as they pulled up Jed went silent.  He looked at the beautiful house. “Are all your friends rich?”

“My best friend makes me rich.” Brennon kissed Jed’s cheek.

“Bren, what do you see in me? I don’t have anything to offer you?”

“Oh, that isn’t true and I really hope you will offer me…” His hand slid across Jed’s crotch.

“Bren, are you saying what I think you are?” Both of them got out of the car and walked to the house. 

“I am.  We have a couple hours in this house all by ourselves. It won’t take us long to clean out the kitchen and I told Marcus we might explore a while.  He has a great property.  Let’s clean first and then we can decide what we will do after that. I’m not pushing you into anything.  I just want you to know I am ready, I think.”

“Aren’t you scared to have me cram my junk in that little asshole of yours?”

“Just hearing you talk about it has got me hard.  I know it’s going to hurt like hell the first time but I also know I trust you and I need to know what it feels like.” They walked into the fabulous house.

“Bren, how come me?  Why did you pick me out of all the beautiful boys that you could have?”

“Jed, I don’t need ‘stuff’. I need someone I trust and someone who seems to like me for me.”

“Brennon, you are my best friend.  I love you.”

“I love you, too, Jed. We might be too young to know what being in love like my mom and dad or my grandfathers but my mom was with my dad when she was younger than me and Grandpa Justin was only a little older than me when he moved in with Grandpa. All I know is I love you right now and I know you love me.  That is all I need.  And my brother comes home next week and I know he’s been with more than one girl this summer so ….” Jed’s face started to crumble.  “Oh, no, my sweet Jed, that is not why I want to be with you.  I just know that once Zander gets home, school will start and I know we will all be busier.”

Taking him by surprise, Jed pulled Brennon tightly against him and he kissed.  Both men felt the other responding as their cocks strained for release.  Brennon took Jed’s hand and led him out the back door and over to the swinging bed.  “When I saw this as a kid Zan and I played on this bed and as I got older I wondered what it would be like to make love on a bed that moves and now, maybe we can…”

Jed found a burst of bravery and soon they were both naked and laying beside each other on the bed. They faced each other and touched and kissed and then, softly said, “Are you sure?”

“Oh yes, please.  Brennon grabbed the condom and lube he had in his pants pocket and he slipped it onto  Jed. 

“Brennon, I really don’t know how to start.”  Brennon thought for a moment and then got on all fours.

“I think this might be the easiest for us.” Jed got on his knees behind him and Bren jumped when Jed penetrated him with his finger. Brennon did his best to relax and laid his chest down on the bed and as Jed began to move his finger in and out.  He accidentally brushed against Brennon’s prostate and Brennon came hard.  As Brennon still shook from the orgasm, Jed moved in slowly but steadily.  Before he had even gotten all the way in, he too, orgasmed but rather than just pulling out, he stayed deep inside him for several moments.  He then slid in and out a few times before he pulled out and slipped off the condom. As they laid down next to each other they kissed again.

“What that ….I didn’t hurt you too much did I?”

“Shut up and kiss me and then hurt me again.”


Brian and Justin arrived home midafternoon.  After unpacking Brian moved behind Justin and wrapped his arms around Justin, gently pinning his arms against his side.  Softly Brian said, “It’s been a long time but I want to feel you inside me.”

“Brian, are you sure? It has been a very long time since…”

“I’m sure.” Brian turned him around and kissed him as he worked Justin’s shirt off over his head.  Soon both men were naked and they laid down next to each other.  Justin lay behind Brian and with his fingers began to slowly prepare Brian.  Brian relaxed and then sighed as Justin moved and replaced his finger with his cock and very, very slowly moved inward but as he began to move, he heard Brian making noises of pleasure and then  Justin felt him clench around him causing him to cum.  

Laying together several minutes later, Brian had turned and pulled Justin close.  “Sunshine, I’m getting so old.  If you want to….”

“Shut up, Brian Kinney. Hell, I’m not 20 anymore. If we could never have sex again, it would not change our love for each other.” Justin kissed him slow and sweetly, “We are so much more than sex.  Plus, I bet we have had twice as much sex as most people have in a life time.” Justin wrapped his top leg over Brian and Brian slipped into Justin this time and with slow strokes with no rush they enjoyed each other until they  both came once more and then they moved out to the pool and they cooled off in the inviting water.

“Brian, why did you mention sex?”

“Well, I thought maybe Kevin…”

“I hope he can mend his broken heart but it will have nothing to do with me.” Justin walked off and then dove under the water.


Brennon and Jed grabbed the bag of food and locked up the house.  Brennon was walking a little slow but the discomfort was giving him a constant hard on because it reminded him of Jed.  

“Bren, you are alright aren’t you? I mean if…”

“If I think anything is a little off I will talk to my grandpas.  They get home today.  Do you want to stop there before I bring you home?” 

Jeb flushed enough for Brennon to notice, “I would be too embarrassed that they know we…”

“They won’t care.  We did it the right way. Well, I mean we used condoms.”

“Not right now.  I should get home anyway.  Hannah is coming.  I am a little nervous.  I mean she is their daughter and…”

“Hannah is really nice and she will be glad you are there for him.”

“I hope so.”  Jed said as Brennon pulled up at the house.  Jed leaned over and gave him a kiss and then he got out of the car and rushed into the house.

Brennon was very excited to see his grandfathers and to tell them about his day.  He grabbed the bag of food he had picked up at Trenton’s and brought it with him into his grandpas’ house.  He put the vegetables into the refrigerator and then went to find them.  He could hear water splashing so he headed out to the pool.  At the last minute he slipped into some trunks he kept here and walked out to find two of his favorite people.

“Holy shit, Sunshine, I do believe our grandson just got done fucking.”

“Grandpas plural, I am so glad you are back even if one of you is very rude.” Brennon swam across the pool to where Justin was standing.  He hugged and kissed him.  “I hear you were a big hit.”

“It went very well and I love it up there but I don’t want to leave again for a long while and I won’t leave unless the rude one is with me.” They both laughed looking over at Brian before Justin put an arm around his grandson and said, “He was right, wasn’t he?”

Brennon nodded, “Jed and I just went to Trent’s place to pick up some things out of his fridge so I just put them in your refrigerator.  There is some cream in there for your coffee and some vegetables that were still good.  We threw out what was bad and then we tried out the swinging bed on the porch.”

“And?” Justin held his beaming grandson close.

“It was a little awkward but it was really good and by the third time we had it down pretty good.”

“And you can still walk?” Justin laughed.  “So do you love him?”

“Grandpa, we love each other.  We both know that it isn’t likely we will be together in thirty years.  Hell, we probably won’t be together in three years but that is alright because we are here now and we can learn together and neither of us will feel embarrassed if we mess up.”

“And, trust me, sometimes it is messy. Enough about me, I am so excited that Zander will be home by next weekend.  I have missed him so much.” They wandered over to include Brian in the conversation. 

Later that night as Brian and Justin ate dinner they talked about Adam and Marcus, “So, are you going to tell him tomorrow?” Brian asked.

“I don’t know.  I need to talk to him to know how he is really doing.  If he isn’t up to it, I won’t tell him.  He just took on Jed and I know Hannah is home this weekend so I will wait until she goes off to school again.”

“That sounds wise but of course you always are.” Brian kissed him.  “I wasn’t wrong about Bren, was I?”

“No, he and Jed had sex at Trenton’s on that swinging bed.”

“They were safe, right?”

“Yes, he is a bright boy, just like both of his fathers and his mother are smart people.”

“Speaking of Gus, have you heard how Trent is doing?”

“I think Gus is more worried about him mentally than physically.  Trenton isn’t the kind of guy that knows how to be taken care of.  That’s why he is so perfect for Gus. Gus needs to be taken care of.”

“Yes, our boy has always done better when someone is taking care of him but his heart is so big, no one notices.  He raised a good man.”  Brian smiled.  “And there is that feisty daughter of ours. We did something good.”

“Bri, we did a lot of good. I have to admit, I’m feeling my age tonight.  I think I am ready for bed.”  Brian looked at him concerned.  “Oh, Bri,  don’t worry.  I am just coming down from the high of Seattle and, I’ll admit, I have been aching a lot the last couple weeks.  This leg is telling me the weather is changing or is it I am just getting old.”  Justin stood and picked up a plate but Brian took it from him.

“Go start filling the tub.  I’ll join you as soon as I get this put away.” 

Justin kissed him, “Thank you, love.”  Brian watched and noticed he was definitely limping more tonight.  He was going to hire live in help tomorrow.  They had more room than they needed and he would just have to warn whoever they hired there would be naked men seen from time to time.  

When Brian walked into the bathroom Justin appeared to be sound asleep.  The tub was filled with steaming water and after undressing, Brian moved close and bent over to kiss him.

“Oh, I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean to fall asleep.”

“You deserve to relax.  Tomorrow we are going to start looking for help.  No more cooking and cleaning for you.  We will find someone who just has to accept us as we are, even if that means seeing us walk around naked.” Brian slipped in the tub facing him at the other end of the big slipper tub. His feet rested on either side of Justin’s hips.

“Are you sure, Bri?  I know, other than Alice, you have never been fond of having someone around.”

“Sunshine, I’m too old to care if someone sees me naked, not that I ever cared about that but we have both earned time to relax. And face it, our loud, all night love making is a thing of the past.”

“I love you, Bri.” Justin’s foot began to rub his dick and now it was Brian’s turn to lay his head back and escape in the pleasure.

Both men fell asleep for a short time and Brian woke when Justin worked to stand up.  “Take my hand,” Brian said and Justin reached for it.  Soon they were both drying off and then they both slowly moved to the bed.  “Remember when we couldn’t wait to get in bed and fuck every night.  Now I just can’t wait to get in bed.” They both laid down and Justin dropped his head on Brian’s chest, “Although you make it much better.” He let his hand trail down Justin’s side and rested on his ass. He didn’t make any other move, he just enjoyed his proximity.

Justin moved his leg several times, stretching the muscles gently. “Fuck, it hurts tonight.”

“Well, if resting it the next couple weeks doesn’t help, we will get you into the orthopedic specialist.”  When Justin didn’t argue, Brian made note to talk to Danny or Elliott and ask if they should be worried about it.


The next two weeks was a blur.  Trenton was physically moving much better but he was still struggling with his speech. Gus was seeing a side of Trenton he hadn’t seen before.  He had snapped at both Shelby and Gus.  They both tried to be patient but Trent wrote on a whiteboard that he wanted to go home and the therapist said there was no reason he couldn’t as long as he was checked on.  Gus promised Shelby he would talk to Trent before the end of the weekend.  They both knew Trenton wasn’t happy here and that made everyone unhappy.

It was Labor Day weekend and Jed went along with Marcus to help Hannah settle in her new apartment.  Hannah had instantly taken to her foster brother  and told him he had to come along because she needed his muscle to move furniture. Jed would do anything for her, even if it meant schlepping her possessions for her.  Elliott, Danny, and the kids stopped by the apartment to help for a little while before they went on their way to the beach for a long weekend before school started in a couple days.  

Although Brennon missed Jed it was great having Zander home and the two young men were catching up after their summer apart.  They had talked through the night more than once talking about their love lives and plans for the next year.  Zander really liked Jed, too, so the three had done several activities together but this weekend it would be family time.  Juss was coming home along with Tally.  Taylor and Ian were bringing sweet baby Gabe and Gage was coming home with a woman. Everyone was going to be in and out of Brian and Justin’s house all weekend.

Justin had stayed off his leg as much as he could the last couple weeks.  He and Brian had interviewed  a handful of possible housekeepers and ended up hiring a young man named Nico who was working on his doctoral thesis.  They were all happy with the setup.  Brian and Justin promised to be flexible when he needed more time to work on a paper while he promised to be available 24/7 if they needed more assistance at times.  They had decided it might be nice for Kevin to have some young company, not to mention Brian and Justin always enjoyed having good looking young people around.

Brian and Justin woke up to tapping on the door. “Yes?” Justin called out and the door opened.

“I know we didn’t talk about breakfast in bed but since it is my first morning here, I want to show you it wasn’t a mistake to hire me.” Nico walked in carrying a tray. His soft voice and accent was like honey.  “Do you prefer it in bed or out on the patio? You would need to put on a thick robe if you want to go out.  It is a bit cool this morning.”

“I think we will just stay in right now since you have it on a nice tray. Nico, I think you may meet our nephew Antony this weekend.  I am sure the two of you will enjoy talking.  He grew up in Milan.”

“I love Milan.  I used to visit there at least once a year.  I grew up on a small island but we had family there.”  Brian and Justin had both propped themselves up.  The smell from the food had filled the room and they were both instantly hungry.  I made coddled eggs over country potatoes along with turkey sausage and I hope you don’t mind but found some crescents in the freezer so I baked some of those.  They are very good.  I will need to shop for more.”

“Oh, more will be delivered.  We can talk about food delivery later,” Justin said as his fork broke the yolk of the egg and it ran into the potatoes. He took a bite and sighed.  “This is….”

“Fuckin’ good.” Brian finished his sentence.

“I will leave you to eat in peace.  I will pick the tray up later,”  Nico said as he left the room.

Brian and Justin ate and talked about the plans for the weekend.  And when they had eaten every bite, they moved out of the bed. Justin gently stood up putting his weight on his strong leg. “How is it this morning?” Brian looked over and saw Justin cringe a bit.

“It actually is a little better and now with Nico here, I will get fat and lazy.”

“No, you won’t because You will be working with Kevin but I will give him orders that he has to keep you from doing something stupid.”

“I don’t have the option really anymore.  It just hurts too much if I spend too much time on my feet.”

“Did you schedule an appointment?” Brian asked as he walked over and took Justin in his arms.  He kissed him before grabbing the tray off the bed and setting it on the table.  He then made Justin sit down again.  He sat next to him and began massaging his leg. He grabbed some oil off the end table and put some in his hand.  He began to work the oil into Justin’s scarred thigh. Justin pulled a face as Brian worked the tight muscles.  Brian couldn’t look at his face because he knew it was hurting him but he also knew Justin usually felt much better later.  When Brian finally stopped, he saw Justin’s face was covered with tears. “Oh, Sunshine, I am so sorry.  Why didn’t you tell me to stop?”

Justin shook his head, but didn’t say anything.  Brian walked with him out to the hot tub and helped him go down the steps and sit down.  Brian hated seeing him hurt.  Softly Brian said, “Have you made an appointment?” He kissed Justin’s temple.

“I talked to him and I have an appointment for mid October.  He wanted me to rest it until then and see if it heals itself.  That way when they run tests they will know if there is an injury or if it was just strained and healed itself.”

“I’m sorry I hurt you.”  Brian wrapped his arms around his Sunshine.

“It really does feel much better now.” Justin moved Brian’s hand to his cock which was hard as a rock,  “Do you think you could help a guy out?” Justin turned slightly so Brian had better access and Justin had better access to kiss Brian.  Neither of them noticed Nico come out and bring plush towels and robes and set them in a chair by the tub.  Just as he did, Justin shouted as he came under the water.

“Excuse me, I didn’t mean to, um, interrupt but I brought you some towels and robes but mainly I wanted to let you know that Kevin called and he will be here in about 30 minutes.”

Brian stood and Nico offered his hand as Brian stepped out.  He then helped Justin out and after drying his back, Nico helped him on with his robe. “Nico, you know you don’t have to do all this.”

“I know, but I take my job seriously and I enjoy doing for others,” he winked, “And I got to see two beautiful men naked.”  

Brian laughed out loud, “Oh, Nico, you are good for an old man.  In my day there would have been something to look at but now I am old and not so fit.  He rubbed the spot on his chest where he had his chemo port.  

“You are still a beautiful man, Brian.  Americans are far too focused on age they miss out on the beauty of a man who has earned his scars. Justin, may I ask what happened to your leg?”

Brian wrapped his arms around Justin as he started to talk, “Someday we will tell you the whole story but briefly we had an accident in the Outback.  I nearly lost my leg.”

“You nearly lost your life, Sunshine.” Brian held him tight. “But right now we better get dressed before Kevin gets here.”


An hour later Justin was in a car with Nico, directing him to Stone House while Kevin followed in his car.  He was going to live in Stone House while he was here.  It would give him his own space.  After the earthquake they had taken down the cottages around the place.  The damage was too great to make them worth fixing up.   Now Nico and Kevin were emptying the car while Justin relaxed on the sofa.  He hated being restricted but at least he could watch the two young men and he had no idea if they were meant to love each other but he could tell they would be good friends.

“Justin, this place is so amazing. Is it really old or just built to look that way?”  Kevin asked as he looked around.

“It is old.  This place is mostly original.  Gus, our son, did remodel the kitchen and bathroom. It was where he and his lover met.  Oh, before I forget, the fridge and pantry should have the staples you need but you are welcome to eat with us most of the time.”

Kevin and Nico looked at each other and then at Justin, “Why do I think I will keep being surprised.  I have never heard a father just talk about his son’s lover like that when I know he is married, unless this was before his marriage but then he wouldn’t need a little get away.”

“Gus is bisexual.  He has been with his wife 30 years and he has been with his lover for over 15.  There are no secrets.  In fact, Trenton had a stroke recently and he is living with them right now while he recovers and  when Shelby, Gus’ wife was injured, Trent moved in with Gus and his family to help out.”

“Wow, and they have kids?”

“Yes, and they gave us our first great grandson.” Justin smiled at Kevin.  

“I think this is just what I need right now. I like the no judgement feel.”

“Well, Nico, if you’ll drive me back, I think some of our grandkids are coming over to swim.  Or, if you want to stay here for a bit longer you can and I will just drive the car back.  You can either walk back, it’s not far through the vines or Kevin can drive you back later.”

“I will come back with you.  I should get some lunch ready and then…”

“We can get our own lunch.”

“I know but it is my job now.”  They said goodbye to Kevin and he was coming over to swim a bit later 

After lunch, kids started dropping by.  Tally arrived first and soon Justice arrived with her brothers.  Soon the pool area was filled with shouts and laughter.  Brian and Justin joined them for a little while but then they sat in a lounger together and held hands as they watched their children’s children enjoy each life.

“Brian, we really do have a perfect life.  I wouldn’t change a thing.  Everything that has happened to us makes us who we are and who we are has helped shape all of them.”

“You’re right.  They are all growing up so fast.  These four are almost out of the house and Gage is bringing home a girl….well at least Brennon understands love.” Justin and Brian both laughterd.  “Sunshine, are you going to talk to Marcus about Adam soon?”

“Yes, I told Adam I planned to talk to him this week.  I think the first day the kids are back in school I will take him to lunch.  I think he’ll welcome meeting Adam and I know Adam wants to meet him and learn more about Dan’s family.  If Adam comes here, will you have dinner with us? You haven’t talked to Marcus for weeks.”

“There hasn’t been a reason to.”

“Brian, I think Adam coming will help you, too.  Just because Dan is gone doesn’t mean we will ever forget him.


The weekend flew by.  The family was in and out.  Justin sat for a long time holding Gabe, spending time with each of the grandchildren but he had to admit by the time Monday afternoon rolled around he was glad Nico was there to clean the kitchen and do laundry once everyone had left.

As they lay in bed, Brian and Justin interlocked fingers as their bodies relaxed.  “Marc is coming to lunch here on Wednesday.  I will talk to him then.”

“That sounds like a perfect day for me to go to town and just check out Kinney Enterprises.”

Justin opened his mouth to argue but gave up before he started. “Good night, Brian.  I love you.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine.”  With that Justin turned his back to Brian and like he had done for 50 years, Brian moved up to him and like two pieces of the same puzzle they fit together perfectly.