- Text Size +

 

"Mr. Kinney, I do understand your dilemma," the investigator began after hearing Brian's story, his eyes looking at him in compassion and regret. "I'm afraid there's probably very little I can do to assist you."

 

Brian's expression remained impassive. He needed to keep his control during this meeting. Nothing was more important than achieving a positive result. "Mr. Marsh, I understand I am not asking for the completion of a simple task; however, I do know it can be successful."

 

"I'm not sure how much you know about the legalities of adoption, but let me assure you, Sir - those records are sealed and virtually impenetrable." The investigator spoke in his most condescending tone, both of them knowing exactly which direction this conversation was being led. They were more or less feeling each other out. The job could be managed, but it would come at a price.

 

Brian laughed mockingly, his eyebrow rising as he gave the well-practiced look of skepticism. "Mr. Marsh, I know you don't believe that. Nothing, and I mean nothing is impenetrable. It's all a question of finding the right price."

 

"These matters are very delicate, Mr. Kinney. You need to know that it could be a long process - one that might not give you the results you seek."

 

Reaching into his pocket, Brian withdrew his checkbook, tearing off a check for twenty-five thousand dollars he had written before coming here. He laid it on the investigator's desk, sliding it across, a humorless smile on his face when he viewed the man's reaction. "I trust that is enough inducement to get you started, and in a manner that produces quick results."

 

Jared Marsh pulled the check closer to himself, his eyes briefly widening on the figure. Twenty-five thousand to get him started? Yes, he could do that. This wouldn't be a simple case, but one that he could do - providing that he didn't mind using some nefarious methods. He didn't have a problem with that. After being a private investigator for the past sixteen years, he'd long ago discovered that the ends did indeed justify the means. This case wouldn't be any different. Glancing one more time at the beckoning check, Jared Marsh looked at his expectant and more-than-confident new client. "I will take the case, Mr. Kinney. However, I still cannot guarantee either success or speed of such. This will merely enable me to make it a top priority."

 

"That's all I can ask, Mr. Marsh." Brian narrowed his eyes thoughtfully as he surveyed the greed in the other man's eyes. He was an expert in reading people. Brian knew now was the time to push. He felt his odds of success would soon be magnified. "If you can complete this job within two weeks you will receive another check for the same amount. That's fifty thousand dollars in what should be very little leg work and only two weeks out of your life. What do you say?"

 

"You've got yourself a deal, Mr. Kinney, and I will do everything I can to bring you the results you want." Still playing the game, the man said, "It won't be easy, but I will do my best."

 

Brian stood to his feet, placing a file on his desk. "This contains the dates and location I was able to amass regarding Molly Taylor's adoption. It's not much, but hopefully, a place to start."

 

Nodding, the investigator told him, "Any information helps. I'll be in touch as soon as I have something for you."

 

"Thank you, Mr. Marsh. This matter is of great importance to me. Do well with this and I promise I won't forget you," Brian told him.

 

Jared watched as Brian moved toward the door, his words tumbling out without thought. "I know you may tell me this is none of my business, but why is this so important to you, Mr. Kinney? It's a lot of money to locate a girl that was adopted so long ago. Most especially being that finding the parents doesn't necessarily mean you will find her."

 

Brian's hand tensed as it closed around the doorknob. "That hasn't escaped me. I hope that Molly remained in the area, or if her parents moved, someone could know something. I do realize that many things could go wrong, but I have to do this."

 

"Why, if I may ask?"

 

"Because someone I care about very deeply needs this resolution. Until he has that, he won't be able to move on with his life." Brian's eyes became distant and somber as he continued, "Justin moving forward is something that is very important to me. No amount of money supersedes that."

 


 

Brandon watched the beautiful and arrogant brunet exiting the offices of Marsh Investigations and down the street with malice in his eyes. What the fuck was Kinney doing at a private investigator's office? Brandon knew one thing for certain - he would find out. He continued to stare daggers into Brian's retreating back, his heart filled with both admiration and jealousy toward the desirable man. Brian's physical beauty was undeniable. He had wanted to fuck him quite badly at one time. What top wouldn't? That desire had lessened considerably once he watched Brian in action a bit more and realized how dominant of a top he was. Brandon was always in control, never vice versa. He would never have that with Brian, but he swore he wouldn't lose that opportunity with Justin.

 

He cursed as he thought of Justin and how close he'd been to have him helpless beneath him. If not for Kinney's interference, Justin would have naively attended his party and he would have had the hot little blond. He would have used that body so thoroughly that Justin would have struggled to walk away the next morning. In fact, he would have kept the boy drugged and obedient to his every desire until he decided otherwise. Brandon wasn't certain one night would have been enough. His cock twitched as he thought of how Justin would look vulnerable and completely helpless in his bed - screaming as he alternated between desire and terror. Gritting his teeth in his savage lust, Brandon hissed, "I will still have that."

 

Watching until Brian was out of sight, he moved toward the investigation agency knowing he needed to find out exactly what Brian had been doing there. Somehow, he knew it had something to do with Justin, as everything seemed to these days. He would find out, and he would find a way to exploit it. Once he did, he would get Justin back under his power. He didn't care what he had to do to get Justin under his control... all that mattered was that he accomplished it.

 

Stepping inside, he smiled engagingly at the red-headed receptionist who was seated and smiling at him in warm greeting. He clearly read the interest in her eyes. Brandon smirked to himself. This would be easier than he'd imagined. He approached her desk, winking at her as he moved closer. "Good morning, beautiful..." Brandon purred, his voice sugar-coated with the intent of pure seduction.

 

She blushed brightly, the stain of her cheeks competing with the redness of her hair. "Good morning to you, Sir. What can I do for you?"

 

Brandon placed his hands on the desk, leaning his body into it, his eyes intently boring into green ones that were quickly becoming enchanted with him. "Well, I had come in here to make an appointment, but I hadn't planned on finding something to interest me even more." He glanced at his watch, before he invited her in a soft, sultry voice, "How about you have lunch with me and we'll discuss it further. Say about twelve-thirty?"

 

"Well, I - uhhh, don't make it a habit to have lunch with strangers, but..." she began issuing a token protest, having no idea how easy a prey she was to this predator.

 

"That's very understandable and responsible. I am a local business owner and I have various interests in the community. How about I make that appointment with your boss now, and present you with my ID. Would that make you feel more comfortable?" Brandon asked, his smile turning up his lips... yet far from reaching his cold eyes.

 

She nodded and blushed in embarrassment. "Yes, that would relieve my mind immensely. We can't go very far. I only get an hour for lunch."

 

"Not a problem, my dear. I'll make a reservation nearby." He pulled his identification from his wallet, extending it to her without delay. Smiling as he watched her take down the information, he marveled at how simple it was to manipulate the weak-minded. Soon, he would find out what Brian was up to. When he did, he would close a trap around Justin that his hero couldn't possibly tear apart. He would have Justin exactly where he wanted him. He would keep him under control until he tired of him. The more he thought about it, Brandon decided that time wouldn't come very quickly.

 


 

Brian smiled as he slipped silently into the art department, closing and locking the door behind him. His eyes crawled over the backside view of the blond that hadn't left his thoughts for long the entire morning. First, the meeting with the PI, then in his office as he attempted to concentrate on business. He didn't like how his thoughts of Justin so completely dominated him virtually 24/7. However, he was getting used to the feeling. Perhaps once they'd been together a bit longer, along with making progress in resolving his issues, he could regain some focus. Wetting his lips in anticipation of tasting him, Brian wasn't so sure that would happen.

 

He walked toward his much-desired target, his voice escaping in a low purr, "Working through lunch, Mr. Taylor?"

 

"One needs to when one's boss makes him late for work..." Justin rallied, his hand not missing a stroke with his chalk against the board.

 

Brian slipped his arms around Justin's waist, pulling him gently backward... one hand stroking along Justin's stomach - his other hand skillfully moving to lower the zipper that withheld the prize he desired. "Well, the boss says he was provoked into being late by a hot little blond in his bed. And now, he needs his fix if he is expected to get through the day."

 

"So demanding." Justin moaned as he felt Brian's fingers reaching inside to release his cock... Brian's body pressing into his ass making him hot and horny. "Tell me, Mr. Kinney, do I get fringe pay for this?"

 

Brian chuckled hotly, his lips opening against Justin's neck, tongue licking a trail up and down, his teeth joining in to nip at the tender skin. "You can have anything you like... provided I get what I want." Brian released the hand that secured Justin's waist, knowing there was no need for that, but there was an even more need to release his cock from its prison and become reacquainted with the ass he craved beyond all understanding. Yanking at the belt around Justin's waist, he pushed the slacks down his legs, his hand steadily working Justin's cock in the process. His voice came out in a guttural growl, "Walk over to the desk and bend over it. I fucking need you - now!"

 

Justin gasped as he moved to follow Brian's directive, finding himself more than up for that task. He groaned as Brian released his grip on his cock, knowing without looking, that Brian was quickly preparing himself. Suddenly, Justin found he couldn't wait. He wanted Brian so badly. Knowing that he distracted Brian during the day so deeply made him feel hotter than anything - ever. A whimper escaped as he felt lubed fingers slipping into his ass. "Fuck me, Brian. Don't wait."

 

"I don't intend to," Brian hissed as he pushed Justin down onto the desk, his ass splaying enticingly into the air. Removing his fingers, his eyes homed in hungrily on the sweet pucker he wanted to devour. Slowly he slid his aching length inside, pausing only to make certain Justin was handling him. "You feel so good." Brian thrust deeper, his hand returning to Justin's leaking cock, the other slapping down on the desk. "I could fuck you all day."

 

Justin's head arched back into Brian's chest as he barely managed to whisper, "N-never get any work done."

 

Brian's teeth sunk into Justin's shoulder as his cock began to pound into Justin's ass, his breathing raspy and uneven. "I'd much rather be fucking you. Fuck. No man has ever distracted me so much." He didn't even think to consider he'd voiced the words aloud, all that mattered was the pleasure he had within this hot little blond... a pleasure he had never felt with another at this level. Brian didn't know how long he'd been ramming into Justin's tight hole when he felt his lover's spasms and release into his hand. Not long afterward, Brian was filling the condom, Justin's name falling from his lips in an awestruck whisper. Hands running up and down Justin's spine, Brian murmured, "Absolutely incredible."

 

"Mmmm," Justin echoed in agreement, reluctantly moving away to slip back into his clothing, his ears telling him that Brian was doing the same while knowing it wasn't what either of them wanted. One of them had to be practical and focus on work; at this point, it was more than apparent that person wasn't going to be his employer. "Now, if you don't mind, Mr. Kinney... I have this slave driver of a boss that expects this board by this afternoon..."

 

"What a mouthy little fucker." Brian swatted him playfully on the ass before he moved to the door. "Fine. I'll let you get back to it. I wouldn't want your work to cause you to be late leaving for the day."

 

"Does that mean we have plans tonight?" Justin teased him, knowing they didn't...while also knowing if Brian wanted to see him tonight - that was exactly where he most wanted to be.

 

Brian unlocked the door, opening it unhurriedly. "We don't, but I can think of a thing or two I'd enjoy doing."

 

Justin laughed. "I can only imagine."

 

"Get your work done, twat, and get that board to me on time. That's an order!" Brian gave him a look of reproach before adding, "And don't skip lunch again!"

 

As the door closed behind his beautiful boss, Justin returned to his project thinking he'd never been happier in his life. Long ago, he'd sworn not to give his heart to another. Feelings only complicate everything, making you feel vulnerable and helpless. He had never wanted that. Everything changed when he'd met Brian. Justin knew he was falling in love with Brian, and there wasn't a damned thing he could do about it. Only one more thing could make his life complete now. Little did he know that a blond female version of himself... his twin sister pined for the exact same thing. He didn't know that she'd been on the verge of visiting Pittsburgh, but backed out at the last minute in her fear of returning home. Justin didn't know of her fear of being so close to the past she had shared with him, all to find nothing. Had he known that, his devastation would have been unbearable.

 

TBC