- Text Size +

 

One week had passed, with life progressing into a similar pattern. Brian would take Justin into Kinnetik in the mornings... each of his days beginning with the beautiful blond in his bed. For the past two days, he had restrained himself from fucking Justin at the office. Brian knew Justin was slightly uncomfortable about the risk of exposure, and business had been keeping them both occupied throughout the day. He couldn't care less who knew about their relationship. Brian had always lived as he chose. In his way of thinking, anyone who had a problem with it didn't belong inside the walls of Kinnetik either as a client or part of his staff. He knew none of his employees would ever say a word, but all he really cared about was making Justin feel more secure. From what he had gathered of the young blond's past so far - the boy needed that more than anything.

 

As he walked brusquely along Liberty Avenue, Brian's teeth momentarily gnashed together as he realized he was being followed - yet again. He knew without looking who his not-so adept stalker would be. Brandon. He had obviously not given up on his quest to possess Justin. Brian had never fooled himself into thinking he would. Brandon was crazed enough to fixate on such an obsession... a prize that he had no hope of attaining - regardless if he was in Justin's life or not. Justin had impeccable taste in everything. Brian knew without a doubt, Justin would never allow Brandon to place his hands on him. The close call of the party Brandon unsuccessfully attempted to lure Justin into attending, still filled him with unease, but he vowed to himself the reptilian man would never be afforded such an opportunity again.

 

He paused his steps, waiting to see if Brandon would still follow or ease off to watch his ending destination. Presently, he was on the way to the private investigator's office to get a report. Undoubtedly, he didn't want to be distracted from that. What continued to perturb and alarm him the most was that Brandon obviously hadn't let go of his obsession with Justin. He knew how corrupt and vile Brandon had always been. At this point, he knew he couldn't do anything. He had to wait until Brandon crossed the boundaries of the law. Then, he could handle him and extricate him from Justin's life forever.

 

Completely stopping his steps on the pavement, Brian turned to face the man that wasn't even attempting to disguise his approach. Raising his brows in question, Brian watched the repellent blond until they were face to face. "Did you need to speak with me, Brandon? Or are you going to follow me around again? People will begin to talk about us, Blondie."

 

"Hardly," Brandon sneered. "Anyone who knows me would realize that I would never resort to stalking you."

 

"I recall a time not so long ago when you found me appealing enough," Brian taunted him, shuddering in distaste with the knowledge that he had once fallen under this man's lustful gaze.

 

Brandon shrugged indifferently. "Sure, I would have fucked you. I still would, but that's where it ends. You are not my type."

 

"Of course not. You prefer more innocent ones, in fact, you prey upon men that you see as victims." Brian's eyes slid over Brandon in contempt. "You are very wrong in directing that assessment toward Justin. He will never be weak. Justin has strength and fire that you'll never understand, and a man that you'll never possess."

 

A mocking laugh followed. "I wouldn't have believed it about you, Brian. You've fallen in love with a blond-headed twink. My my, how the King has fallen!"

 

Brian forced himself to remain impassive when every protective instinct urged him to rip Brandon's smug expression into pieces. Violence was never the answer, and undoubtedly, he didn't want to place Brandon in the power position of getting him out of the way for a while. It was obvious that Brandon was patiently waiting to find his path to Justin, and he was equally determined not to let that happen. His lips tight and compressed, Brian spat out, "Don't cross the line with me, Brandon. I protect the ones I care about. You would do well to remember that."

 

Brandon glared hatefully at Brian, watching his retreating form. He couldn't wait to throw his victory in the arrogant brunet's face. Not only would he triumph over Brian, but he would have Justin as well. Finally, it was all coming together. He already possessed the information that Brian would soon be receiving. Whereas it had cost Brian a fortune... it had only cost him the price of his charming attentions and a few expensive dinners. He would find what was the source of Justin's true weakness first. When he did, Justin would come to him. He would have no other choice - that is if he ever hoped to find his precious sister again.

 

He flipped open his phone, exhilarated that he would be several steps ahead of the arrogant Mr. Kinney. "I'd like to book a flight to Springfield, Illinois..."

 


 

"Mr. Kinney, have a seat." The private investigator motioned Brian forward, a welcoming and pleased smile on his face.

 

Brian leaned forward long enough to shake the other man's hand before taking a seat. "Your message sounded important. I don't have much time. I juggled some appointments around as it was."

 

"I understand. I'll get directly to the point." Jared Marsh smiled almost condescendingly, knowing the information he was about to provide would not only gain him a sizable bonus, but prove to his client that acted so superior that he had hired the best man for the job. "It's all in this report, Sir. I think you'll find it very interesting."

 

"Let's have a look," Brian told him, reaching across to take the folder from his hand. Brian's eyes scanned the contents slowly, making certain to absorb every vital detail. He breathed a sigh of relief when he pulled the pages back to reveal a photocopy of Molly Taylor's birth certificate... assuring him that this was the Molly in question. "If this is correct, then Molly was adopted by a couple that moved to Springfield, Illinois. She has been of legal age for several years now. I am assuming she no longer lives with her adoptive parents."

 

"That's correct, Mr. Kinney. However, I dug a bit deeper and found some scholarship information." He looked at his client smugly. "Don't ask how I acquired such private information."

 

Brian smiled. "I told you I didn't care what methods you needed to use... I only cared about results."

 

"Well, you have them." As he looked at the man that seemed almost desperate for even more information, he continued, "I have the name of the school in which Molly is now enrolled in and living on campus. That was the most difficult part of my investigation."

 

Brian grunted as he realized where this part of the discussion was taking them. He pulled out his checkbook, writing out a check equal to the first. He hoped the little fucker appreciated what he was doing. Brian smiled to himself. He didn't have any doubts about how happy Justin would be. It would all be worth it when he watched the long-overdue reunion. Brian was thankful he would have a front-row seat. Tearing off the check, he handed it to the investigator. "The name of the school?"

 

"Molly is attending Chicago University. She's in her final year. Where she ends up after that, remains to be determined." He looked at the check, which totaled with the initial check, netted him fifty thousand dollars for a case that was handled largely over the phone, utilizing contacts that he had acquired over the years. "I trust this is what you wanted?"

 

"It's perfect. I can narrow things down once I arrive." Brian stood to his feet, file clenched in his hand. "I trust this is my copy. I have someone who will be extremely excited to read this."

 

Jared nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, it's all yours. I hope it works out for you, Mr. Kinney."

 

"Thank you, Mr. Marsh. It may have placed a small dent in my checkbook, but this information will lead to making a young man's dreams come true. I can't place a price tag on that."

 

Brian grimaced as he realized he had that last meeting of the day, one that he didn't want to conduct now. A meeting he knew he wouldn't attend now. They needed to leave for Chicago tonight. A part of him debated on leaving Justin behind, not wanting to get his hopes up in the slim chance that somehow they couldn't locate her. After his run-in with Brandon earlier, he thought better of that. He would not leave Justin behind. This was the end of the road, he knew it. They would find Molly, and finally, the separated twins would be together again. Then Justin could put the pain behind him and move on with his life. A life that Brian intended to have a very large role in sharing.

 

"If there's anything else I can do to be of assistance, Mr. Kinney, please don't hesitate to ask." The investigator watched as his client walked through the door. One thing was for certain, the young man that Brian Kinney was doing this for was one lucky man. It was more than apparent his devotion was complete. There was no doubt in his mind that Brian Kinney would do anything to make this young man happy.

 


 

Justin had barely dressed after a long, hot shower expecting the knock on his door just as it arrived. He smiled as he moved toward the sound, this routine becoming a familiar pattern. Either he went home with Brian at the end of the day, or Brian would show up here during the evening. It was never dinner first. Brian always needed to fuck him at the beginning of their evening. A part of their routine that Justin was more than fine with being the participant. After dinner, they would head toward Babylon for a few hours. Brian would make the rounds, assuring himself that everything was running smoothly. He had even been introduced around to all of his friends. Justin had begun to feel connected to Brian's friends. Brian had told him there was a special one he had yet to meet, and that it would be very soon. He couldn't help but be even more curious about that. Justin had the feeling this person, whoever they were, was someone very important to Brian. In turn, that made them important to him too.

 

Opening the door he smiled brightly at the beautiful God that stood over his threshold. He frowned when he noticed Brian hadn't even changed yet. Brian usually went home, showered, and dressed in more casual clothing before he came over. He quirked a questioning brow. "In a hurry, Mr. Kinney?"

 

"You could say that, Justin." Brian moved into his basement apartment with hurried steps, his eyes entreating Justin to follow. "Come sit with me. We need to talk."

 

Swallowing nervously, Justin timidly followed...uncertain of what to expect. Sitting next to him on the couch, Justin flippantly told him, "If this is your break-up speech, you don't need to be so dramatic."

 

Brian looked at his blond in confusion. An eye roll quickly followed. "Tell me, Justin - did the frenzied fuck before work feel like I wanted to end things with you? Or how my eyes burned holes into you all day - every time you passed by?" Brian's eyes fastened on Justin's lips. "No, Justin. I see no amount of time passing that I will want you out of either my life or my bed. I want you around for a long time. Now, we need to get down to business before I delay it until later."

 

"Business?" Justin asked, not voicing his relief that Brian was still so fascinated by him... a fact he hoped never ended.

 

Nodding, Brian extended the file he held in his hands. "I hired a private investigator on your behalf. I think you'll find the contents not only interesting, but a sign of hope as well."

 

Justin took the file, his head shaking in confusion. "I don't understand. Why would you hire an investigator?"

 

"Read it, Justin. In doing so, you should have no doubts how much you mean to me." Brian glanced at his watch anxiously knowing their flight departed in under two hours. A flight he knew without a doubt, Justin wouldn't want to miss.

 

The color almost immediately faded from Justin's face as soon as he began reading. His breathing accelerated, small gasps of air passing through his lips. "B-Brian? I don't understand... This is Molly's birth certificate and information regarding her adoptive parents. Y- you did this for me?"

 

"I did, Justin. Now, I think you should pack a bag. We are heading to Chicago. Our flight leaves in two hours." Brian's lips turned under as he viewed the total bewilderment displayed on his lover's face.

 

"Chicago? This said Springfield..."

 

"Molly's adoptive parents raised her in Springfield, but now she's attending Chicago University. I have Ted working on narrowing down our search. If we can obtain a cell phone number or even a list of possible numbers, we can majorly cut down our search time."

 

The file fell from Justin's hand as he threw his body against Brian's, tears freely streaming down his face. "I- I can't thank you enough for this, Brian. This is just everything to me. Simply everything." He pulled his head back from Brian's shoulder to gaze at Brian with a hope in his eyes that hadn't always been present. "This means she's alive, Brian. I know Molly is alive now. And it's all due to you."

 

Brian swallowed the lump that slid down his throat, the look of vulnerability and the long-lived pain Justin had endured nearly causing him to break down. His voice deep and husky, Brian told him, "Get your things, Justin. It's time to reunite the two of you - tonight."

 

Justin nodded enthusiastically, picking up the file and clutching it tightly to his chest. His beaming smile lit up the room through his still falling tears. "She's alive and I'm going to see her. After all this time, I'm really going to see her."

 

"Yes. You are." Brian smiled as Justin hurriedly moved around the room to collect what he needed. "I can't wait to meet her."

 

As he began to throw items into his carry-on bag, Justin looked at Brian intently. "Why are you doing this, Brian? I know this has to be a terrible expense."

 

Brian moved toward Justin, his hand reaching out to cup his chin. "Don't you get it yet? I couldn't let the man I love suffer when I knew I could fix it. No amount of money matters against that."

 

"Y- you love me?" Justin stammered.

 

"I love you, Taylor." He looked at him sternly. "Just don't expect to hear it every day. Now, get your ass in gear. We have a flight to catch!"

 

"Yes, sir, Mr. Kinney."

 

Brian tapped his foot impatiently. "Don't you have something to say to me, twat?"

 

"I love you too, Brian. I think I began to fall in love with your meddling, gorgeous ass that first night I danced for you." Tears of love and joy shimmered in Justin's eyes. "No matter what happens in Chicago, I'll never forget this, Brian. Never."

 

TBC