- Text Size +

 

"Come on in, Justin..." Brian invited, using his most beguiling tone.

 

Justin smiled as he preceded Brian into the Kinnetik offices, quirking a brow before responding, "Said the spider to the fly..."

 

Brian laughed throatily. He leaned down to whisper in Justin's ear. "I will gladly be the spider to your fly, providing it means I get to eat you..."

 

Justin flushed when his eyes met the amused ones of an attractive woman seated at a desk, obviously comfortable in her position and not looking away from her boss' bold antics. Justin turned to face Brian, realizing that might not have been the wisest course of action when he fell into the hungry fire in his hazel eyes. "Uhh, harassment in the workplace, Mr. Kinney?"

 

"Never," Brian responded quickly and firmly. "When it happens between us, Justin... and it will, it will have nothing to do with your position here at Kinnetik. I think you know that, though."

 

"Perhaps," Justin answered, not committing to an obvious agreement... both of them knowing Brian Kinney didn't need to sexually harass any man. In fact, whether he wanted it to be that way or not, he knew Brian could have had him already if he had pushed for it. Brian's patience with him not only confused him, but it also seemed to draw him in even deeper. Justin realized it was only a matter of time. Forcing himself to stay on task... not an easy feat with Brian so close to him, he needlessly reminded, "I thought you were going to show me around, boss..."

 

"Business, for now, Mr. Taylor..." Brian growled in warning. Pulling himself away from Justin, he looked toward a grinning Cynthia, knowing she would most likely have plenty to say later. "Cynthia, I'd like you to meet Justin Taylor. I'm putting him to work in the art department. So, I need you to get with Ted to complete any paperwork you need to file."

 

Cynthia's eyes widened in surprise. For one, she hadn't known Brian had been looking to hire another artist. Not that they couldn't use one... business had been booming, with the two-man art team barely able to keep afloat at times. Of course, that didn't help when having such a demanding and fastidious employer. However, that was why Kinnetik was reaching the top in such a small amount of time. The drive and determination of the owner, in addition to having a dedicated staff, had reaped tremendous benefits. Secondly, she had noticed how close the two of them seemed to be. Brian never brought his dalliances into the office, most especially - he never offered them employment. This was very interesting.

 

"Ted's in a meeting right now. I'll get with him immediately after." Standing, she moved forward to extend her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Justin. I look forward to working with you."

 

"Thank you, Cynthia. I hope I'm up to the challenge," Justin answered hesitantly, excited beyond any common reason at the opportunity... yet, worried about handling the job with his lack of training.

 

"You'll do fine, Justin." When he continued to read the uncertainty on Justin's face, Brian confidently continued, "I looked at your work, Justin. I know what I saw. You have a tremendous gift. We are fortunate to have you here."

 

Cynthia smiled broadly. "Justin, take him at his word. If Brian said he saw talent in you - believe it. He doesn't give false praise - for any reason."

 

Justin flushed, more than anything hoping he lived up to Brian's lofty expectations. "I will do everything I can to prove him right."

 

"Okay then. When are you starting?" Cynthia asked, looking at Justin expectantly.

 

His head turned toward Brian for answers. Brian laughed as both heads looked directly at him. "I hadn't worked it all out yet. This is rather sudden. It's mid-week now. I'd say Monday will be sufficient. I'm going to give him a tour. Then, you can get his paperwork started."

 

"Sounds great. I need to inform my other employers in the meantime..." Justin said, flinching as he felt the tension overtaking his new boss as soon as he uttered the words.

 

"Speaking of... we'll head to my office now. I think you should make one of those calls immediately." His eyes filled with ice as he turned to face Cynthia. "I'm not to be disturbed for any reason."

 

She nodded, eyes widening, knowing something was definitely up. "Fine, Brian. You have an appointment with a new client in thirty minutes."

 

Brian grimaced. "The lingerie company? What the fuck do I know about ladies' undergarments? Fuck. I guess it's too late to reschedule."

 

Justin laughed. "I'm sure you can handle it, boss. And my call should be finished by then... if we get moving on it."

 

"And it starts already," Brian mumbled under his breath. "Impertinent little fucker. I can see I need to teach you a lesson about boundaries."

 

Cynthia rolled her eyes. "Don't let him fool you, Justin. I've worked for him for close to ten years and he hasn't taught me that lesson yet."

 

"One more word, Cynthia... and you're fired," Brian snapped, both of them knowing his words to be false, and a threat he normally issued several times a day.

 

"Right," she replied in a bored manner. Returning to her desk, she arched a brow in question. "So, I'll buzz you when your client arrives?"

 

"Whatever," he mumbled in dismissal.

 

Looking toward Justin, he beckoned him forward with a flick of his finger, his top priority simple - Justin ending his association with Brandon... forever. He escorted Justin into his office, watching with pride as the blond with the discriminating eye looked around his domain, his appreciative whistles signifying he liked what he was seeing. Well, that was encouraging. He wanted Justin to actually want to be here at Kinnetik. Not only would he have a better life, but he'd also be safer as well. That was a combination that had suddenly become very important to him.

 

As he watched Justin moving around the spacious and elegant room, Brian's eyes narrowed on the tightly clad ass, thinking he'd caught far too few glimpses of that particular pound of flesh. Patience was supposedly a virtue. However, at this precise moment, he didn't find it to be so. That was an ass fit to be devoured. He wanted to make Justin scream in pleasure; writhe in an unparalleled bliss, one that the boy quickly realized he would never find with another man.

 

Justin cleared his throat, his pants tightening as he turned to catch Brian's unguarded and lust-filled gaze. He didn't know what to say. Did he ignore it entirely... or did he call him on it in his normal teasing manner? He decided on the former. Brian had a small window of time available... and that wasn't enough time to begin one of their provocative games. "Uhh, I guess I should make that phone call."

 

Brian nodded, his nostrils flaring; hands itching to reach out and drag that beautiful body tightly against his own. Fuck, he wanted this boy so badly. He didn't know how much longer he could play the waiting game - one that he had been the one to implement - yet, one that was becoming increasingly more difficult to carry out. He didn't understand what exactly was so special about this petite blond, he only knew that he was... and that he only grew to be more so each passing day. His standard rules had ceased to exist the moment this little dynamo had entered his life. Initially, he had thought having him would satisfy his curiosity and lessen his allure; however, Brian didn't think that would be the case with Justin. He was going to want him even more then. That thought should be alarming to him, yet he found himself anticipating all the benefits of his growing attachment to the blond.

 

"Make the call. Use your cell phone. Brandon might not answer an unknown number... and we want him to answer this call!" Brian spat out. His eyes narrowed as he watched the trembling of Justin's hand as he slid open his phone, hating Brandon all the more at this moment. Justin feared him and didn't have a clue as to how perceptive he truly was regarding the man who would soon be his former boss. He could have gone into so much more detail regarding Brandon and his lechery... what he had told him had scared him enough. Brian hadn't wanted to frighten Justin, yet knew it was the lesser of two evils in that it made Justin make the right choice.

 

Justin grimaced as he heard Brandon's voice greeting him. He wasn't aware of how much he revealed in his expressions; had he been, he would have realized how tightly Brian was holding onto his control. "Brandon, I've made my decision."

 

Brandon chuckled, a low and resonating sound that bespoke of all the illicit desires he held for the younger blond. "Right on schedule, too. Are you salivating over all that money, Justin? One night of your time for all that easy cash..."

 

"It is a lot of money for such a simple task, Brandon. It makes me wonder what you're not telling me." Justin looked at Brian briefly, instantly observing he was taking in every word. "I've decided to decline your generous offer. In fact, I have decided to terminate my employment at Boy Toy - effective immediately."

 

"What!?" Brandon exploded, a muscle twitching in his cheek. "Why would you do that?"

 

"Let's just say I've received a better offer... one whose benefits are more in line with my specifications..." Justin drawled, determined to remain strong and in control of the conversation... oblivious to the approval openly displayed in Brian's eyes.

 

Expletives quickly tumbled from Brandon's mouth, the unpleasant side that always presented itself at the precise moment he wasn't about to get what he most wanted. "Kinney," he sneered. "You can't trust him, Justin. He's playing you. All he wants is a fuck. Once he gets that, you'll be out in the dirt. This is your last chance, Goldilocks. Forget the shit he's filled your head with and do what you need to do - starting with taking this job tonight."

 

"That's rich, Brandon. Coming from you. I think I'll cut my losses and move on. Thanks for the generous offer, but my answer stands. It's still no." Justin smiled reassuringly at Brian, letting him know he had this under control. "You can mail me my final check. I don't want to step inside that dump of yours again."

 

"I don't think so, Justin," Brandon hissed. "If you want to be paid, you'll collect it yourself. Face to face."

 

Justin gasped. "You're not serious. I know about your little party and what you had planned. You seriously believe I'd be alone with you again, even to pick up my check?"

 

Brian had listened to enough to know the conversation was about to get ugly and threatening - at least from Brandon's end. He was going to end that now. "Hand me the phone," he emitted in a low growl.

 

"Is that your lover in the background?" Brandon snarled angrily. "You know what your problem is, Justin?"

 

Taking the phone from Justin's hand, Brian answered for him. "No. Why don't you tell me about Justin's problem?"

 

Brandon's lip curled as immense hatred filled his entire body. "You think you've won, Kinney. He's nothing. Just another blond boy piece of ass."

 

"If you believed that, you wouldn't be so upset, Brando." Brian's eyes darkened in his rage. "Now, listen clearly. I'll speak slowly knowing that you don't have the intelligence to follow along. You will mail Justin his check. If you do not, I will send my attorney down there on Justin's behalf. Trust me, you don't want to deal with her. Are you getting this so far?"

 

"Yes," Brandon clipped out, the wheels turning in his mind as to how he could undo whatever Brian had managed to do in such a short amount of time. "This isn't over, Brian. Not by a long shot. I saw him first. I would have had him if not for you."

 

"Always the blind fool," Brian scoffed. "I'm not arguing this with you. It's rather pointless with the feeble-minded. I'll just give you one warning, Brando. Stay away from Justin. I will be watching out for him from here on out." Brian slid the phone shut, and handed it back to Justin in the midst of Brandon's continued tirade.

 

He moved to enfold Justin in his arms. Pulling him against his chest, he stroked his hand along his back, teeth clenching as he felt the quiver in his smaller form. He knew it wasn't a tremble of desire, not this time. The call had shaken Justin. He had to dispel that now. "Well, that went well."

 

"You think?" Justin asked dubiously, pulling his head back to stare into Brian's fierce and compelling expression.

 

"It went as well as it could. I'm not going to lie to you, Justin. I'll never do that," he whispered adamantly. "You probably haven't heard the last of this. Brandon will go lick his wounds, then come back swinging. You need to be aware of that. Don't ever allow yourself to be alone with him."

 

Justin shuddered. "That's the last thing I want." He looked up at Brian, reaching up to stroke the side of his face. "Thank you, Brian. That conversation was heading in a bad direction when you stepped in. I guess you continue to be my hero."

 

"I'm not a hero, Justin." Brian pulled away to move behind his desk, knowing he needed to focus on getting through his meeting and the rest of the day. Hero, he thought to himself. A hero wouldn't be constantly aching and hard thinking of all the ways he could devour and possess. "After my meeting, I'll run you down to the art department and introduce you. For now, why don't you go back out to Cynthia? She can see if Ted is finished with his meeting, and get your paperwork started."

 

"Okay, boss man..." Justin told him, a dazzling smile spreading across his lips.

 

Brian watched as Justin walked toward the door, his eyes filled with unhidden longing. As his hand was on the knob, Brian called out to him. "Justin?"

 

"Yes, Brian?"

 

Rolling his lips under, his eyes moved over Justin... mentally memorizing every detail. "Have dinner with me tonight?"

 

"D-dinner?" Justin sputtered. "Another date?"

 

Brian averted his eyes for a moment, astounded by his words and actions even more than the stunned blond was. "Yes, Justin. A date." He looked at the blond expectantly for a silent moment. "The invitation is usually preceded by an answer."

 

Justin laughed, his heart soaring at the invitation... somehow knowing this one was much more personal than the one for lunch had been. He wasn't certain how ready he was for things to fully progress between them, but he knew he wanted more - much more. "Yes, Mr. Kinney. I'll join you for dinner."

 

"Good." Brian's gaze became heavy and burning in one instant. "Run along now before I forget propriety and kiss you breathless. We'll go over the details after my meeting."

 

He opened the door, glancing around to determine that no one was within hearing distance. "I would certainly hate to be kissed breathlessly. Most inappropriate. Perhaps you can do that later."

 

"You can count on that, Taylor. That and so much more..." Brian growled, a sudden thought materializing as soon as Justin was gone from sight.

 

He pulled the phone directory from his desk, not wanting Cynthia to make this call. If she knew what he was about to do, he'd never hear the end of it. Brian wasn't even certain why he was doing it. He only knew he wanted to make this night special for Justin. Flipping through the yellow pages, he scanned the advertisements and dialed the one he thought to best fit his needs, along with one that he had used in the past.

 

"Pittsburgh Floral..."

 

"Yes. Brian Kinney, CEO of Kinnetik," Brian responded in his most authoritative tone.

 

"Of course, Mr. Kinney. It's been a long time," the voice answered. "What can we do for you today?"

 

Brian paused for a moment, uncertain of exactly what he wanted. Flowers were not his personal forte. The last time he had ordered them had been when Cynthia was in the hospital for an appendectomy procedure. "I'm not sure exactly. I'm having an intimate dinner tonight, and I was hoping to have some sort of arrangement done to set it off. A centerpiece, and something smaller to be displayed elsewhere."

 

The lady florist smiled, knowing exactly what the customer wanted without saying as much. A classy centerpiece, along with something more tactful placed strategically on the bedside table. The lady this man was trying to woo was indeed lucky. "I'm sure we can come up with something. You said you needed this tonight?"

 

"Yes. Will that be a problem?" Brian asked, that consideration not having occurred to him.

 

"It's a bit rushed, but I can manage. What price range, and were there any particular flowers you had in mind?" she asked, taking notes as she went along.

 

"Price isn't an issue. I just want something tasteful, yet something that will take his breath away. And again... two arrangements - one larger, the other smaller and more intimate."

 

Him. Ahh, she stood corrected. "I think I have some ideas in mind, Mr. Kinney. Would you like this delivered?"

 

"Yes, that would be best. How about 7 p.m. I believe you have my credit card information and address on file..."

 

She paused to search through the computer. She read off the last four digits of his credit card and recited his address. "Was that correct, Sir?"

 

"That's it." He smiled in anticipation. Brian hung up the phone, glancing at the time, realizing his appointment would be arriving soon. He applauded himself for his efforts, uncaring of how much it made him appear like a lesbian.

 

"Tonight, Justin Taylor, we will move forward. I'm going to seduce you. You will see how much we belong together... finally accept how good I am for you. Then, when that's resolved, I can concentrate on fixing everything that needs to be repaired in your life. It all changes tonight..."

 

TBC