- Text Size +

Marty Ryder was looking for Brian but could not find him anywhere. 


"Cynthia, where is Brian" Marty asked Cynthia. Cynthia wasn't sure


"I think he went to the art department because they messed up the boards" Cynthia replied.


"When he comes back can you tell him i want to see him please" Marty told Cynthia, then he walked off. 


Cynthia was working at her desk when she heard Brian muttering to himself "Fucking useless art department. Fucking incompetent assholes" then he went into his office.


Cynthia knocked on Brian's door and went in.


"Brian, Marty was looking for you. He said he wanted to see you as soon as you get back" Cynthia told him.


"What the fuck does he want now?" Brian asked


"Well considering he didn't tell me then i guess it's just between you two" Cynthia replied sarcastically. Brian got up and went to Marty's office. Instead of knocking Brian walked straight in.


"I hear you been looking for me" said Brian


"Yes Brian. I want to talk to you about an outstanding offer" said Marty while looking at Brian. "I want to open a new office in London and wondered if you would be interested in running it?" 


Brian stood there with his mouth open in shock. "You want me? but why? What about this agency? are you going to sell it?" Brian couldn't stop asking questions


"No Brian this office will stay here but I want to expand and you are one of the best. Soon i do want to retire as i am getting on now and hopefully you will take over" Marty smiled at Brian who was still in shock.


"Go away and think about it and let me know in a couple of days"


"Oh um yeah sure thing Marty, i'll think about it" Brian said, then he turned round and left.  When he went back to his office he told Cynthia what Marty had said.


"If you go then I'm going as well" Cynthia said. 


"I haven't decided what i'm doing yet but when i have you shall be the first to know! Brian said


"Make sure i am or there will be trouble" Cynthia said walking out. She knew something was wrong with Brian and that he had been ill but didn't like to ask too much. She knew he would tell her when he was ready. Soon it was time to go home so Brian packed his stuff and offered Cynthia a lift home. While Brian drove her home Cynthia decided to be blunt and ask 


"Brian i know something is up and it's not you dick for once. Please tell me what's wrong. I know you have been ill"


They got to Cynthia's place and Brian parked up, he knew he could trust her with anything. 


"I had cancer and I had been having  chemo and radiotherapy. I had my last treatment 2wks ago. They said i'm in remission so for now i'm in the clear"


Cynthia hugged Brian tightly crying her eyes out


"Hey i'm fine now" Brian said


"Why didn't you tell me?" Cynthia asked "Is that why you not been going to the Baths because i know chemo can make you impotent because a friend had it"


Brian was embarrassed, "Yes your right, i can't get it up, but the doc said give it time and i'll soon be back in action" Brian said grinning. "Now go home and have some fun"


Cynthia got out and went indoors. Brian went to get a chinese to take home. 


Brian had his dinner then took a shower. His phone kept ringing, It was Michael."Fuck that Brian thought" so turned it off. Whilst he was getting ready for bed his buzzer went off. Feeling pissed Brian turned the buzzer off and went to bed. Even though it was a friday night he still didn't have a lot of energy and he had the family dinner on sunday. Great what fun he thought and went to sleep.

Chapter End Notes:

The next chapter is the family dinner when a suprise guest shows up.