- Text Size +

Chapter 1


Justin knocked on  Daphne’s door.  “Daph, open up!  I only have a few minutes before I need to go to my next class.  

The door opened up and a very animated Daphne stood in front of him.  “Justin, please tell me you don’t have any plans this weekend.  My parents don’t want me to go if someone else can’t go with me and I want to go so bad.  I have wanted to do this all my life and now is my chance but I need you to….”

“Whoa, take a breath and tell me what the hell you are talking about and I will tell you if I am busy.”

“If that isn’t a Brian Kinney comment I don’t know what is.  You aren’t going to tell me if you are busy?” she laughed and stepped out of the way so he could step in. “How would you like to go to New York City this weekend? I will pay for everything.  I just need someone to come with me.”

“Is there a concert or play you want to see?”

“Not exactly but there will be a show of sorts, I hope.”

“Um, Daphne, I don’t mind playing twenty questions but I have to be at the diner in half an hour to work and it is a 15 minute walk from here.”

“Alright, alright. You have heard me talk about my friend Callie, right?”

“Ya, she’s the tall redhead that was at the halloween party, right?”

“Yes, well her parents just moved into a new apartment.  You will never guess who used to live there,” she paused and looked at him.  Justin just raised his arm and tapped his watch.  “Ok, ok.  James Dean!  They live in the apartment James Dean lived in when he was doing a play there.”

“That’s cool. He was so gorgeous but it’s not like he is there now.” Justin commented.

“Or is he?” Daph draped her arm around his shoulders.

“What? They think the place is haunted?”

“When they bought it they were told he visited and Callie’s parents are gone this weekend.  She went home yesterday because she finished her classes but since we have a long weekend, she wants me and you to come.”

“She only wants me because I come with you.”

“Please, Justin! You might get a glimpse of James Dean and his hotness.”

“I have to go, Daph.  I will let you know.  I doubt Brian will even notice if I leave but I need to see if I can get off work.  I know I am on the calendar.  I’ll call you when I get off.”

Justin thought about his conversation with Daphne as he walked to the diner.  Brian had been annoying the last couple days.  He had been staying out until their set time most nights and was on the kick again about not being a couple and maybe he was ready for more freedom again but then when they were in bed he talked very differently.  Loving Brian Kinney was not easy but, god, it was so worth it. No man could make love like he could and although he would never admit it, he was very kind and generous.  He wondered if Brian was afraid his kindness might be noticed.  He didn’t want anyone to really get to know him inside and out.  Maybe it was time for Brian to miss him and if he didn’t miss  him maybe it was time for him to move on.

Justin arrived a few minutes early so he  got Debbie  alone for a minute. “Debbie, do you think you can find someone to take my shift Saturday? I know I said I could take that short trip even though it was my weekend off but now, Daphne invited me to go stay at James Dean’s apartment.”

“James Dean! That man used to make my heart do things… but I know he was just like my Michael.  His heart wouldn’t have skipped a beat over me even though in my day I was hot!  I could get any straight man….but I stayed faithful until I knew Michael’s father was really gone and then….well, I was a single mom.  All I did was work and take care of him.  I was a dedicated…”

“Debbie, I don’t want to interrupt but I need to get on the floor. So, you will get someone to cover for me?”

“You can go.  If you meet James Dean and everyone was wrong about him….give him my address!” She put her head back and cackled as she walked into the kitchen.

Justin rushed home and called Daphne to let her know he was going and then he got dressed to go to Babylon.  Brian was later than he usually was so he went without him.  Brian always said they weren’t married.  They didn’t have to report to each other so Justin walked out of the loft and went to Babylon.  

He had been on the dance floor about an hour when he felt him. He turned his back to the man he was dancing with and saw Brian at the top of the steps.  He felt the man behind him put an arm around his  waist and grind against him from behind and then Brian’s eyes locked on him and Brian began to descend the stairs without breaking eye contact with his Sunshine.  

Brian could always find him.  It was like he did shine brighter than anyone else.  Damn, he needed to find someone to take to the backroom.  He was getting too soft.  A good blowjob would make him remember who he was. Brian grabbed the first twinkie that batted his eyes at him.  Justin watched Brian walk to the backroom with one of the pretty little boys that were always waiting for their one shot at the great Brian Kinney.  Well, tonight that one would get his chance but he knew where Brian would be later tonight, in the loft with him but as he turned into his partners arms, he got a glimpse of Brian, barely inside the back room and the twink on his knees in front of him.

Brian leaned against the wall as he felt the pressure build inside his cock until it exploded. He immediately stepped away, zipping up his fly as he walked out onto the dance floor. He honed in on Justin who was now between two men. Four hands none of which were his were groping Sunshine. He strutted toward him.  The dancers just sensed he was there and parted for him as he walked in a direct line to Justin and the men he was with.  As Justin spun to look at the man behind him he was surprised to see Brian, whose arm wrapped tightly around his waist and pulled him in tightly against him.

“Why didn’t you wait for me tonight?” Brian said as his mouth brushed Justin’s ear.

“Was I supposed to? I didn’t know what time you’d be home.  I’m not your wife. I don’t keep track of you.”

“Touche,” Brian said as his mouth came down on Justin’s.  “You into this tonight or would you rather just go home and,” he ground himself against Justin.  “I picked up some ice cream on my way home.” Brian ran his tongue along Justin’s jaw.

“What the hell are we doing here?”

“Well, we wouldn’t be if you had waited for me.”

“Fuck you, Kinney.” Justin started walking away but with a quick jerk he was back against Brian and their lips were against each other. Once Brian grabbed his ass and pressed him tightly against his erection and all the defiance went out of him.  When Justin got enough space between them he managed to say, “Ya, let’s go to the loft.”  

They stumbled and kissed all the way to the jeep. Brian started undoing Justin’s fly but he stopped him.  “Not here.  I want to go to the loft.” He groped at Brian’s crotch and Brian quickly opened the jeep door and nearly threw him in before shutting the door behind him and then he rushed around to the driver’s seat.  Justin waited until they were on the road before he brought up the weekend. So what are you doing this weekend?”

“What do you mean you?”

“I’m going to go to New York City tomorrow.”

“Not on my credit card! You haven’t finished paying me off for the last time.  Why are you going there?”

“First of all, I remember a night in bed where we decided if I did…..well, we are even on that point but, I am going there to be a ghost hunter.”

“A ghost hunter?” Brian laughed loudly. “You don’t believe in that shit. Why are you going really?”

“Daphne asked me to come along.  She didn’t want to drive there by herself.”

“Daph is into ghost hunting?”

“She has a friend who lives in James Dean’s apartment. They say he comes to visit.”

“So you are going there for the sex?” Brian pulled up to the red light and looked at him to see his reaction.

Justin got an impish look on his face and said, “Do you think he would be interested? Do I have anything he might like?”

Brian sped through the green light and rushed into a parking spot in front of the loft.  “Sunshine,” Brian pulled Justin by the hand onto the lift.  “I have a feeling you might be able to teach him a thing or two or at least remind him what good sex is. And,” Brian pinned Justin against one of the steel beams in the loft and began tugging at Justin’s shirt, “I plan to show you a couple tricks tonight…”  It was only a matter of minutes and both men were naked and Brian leaned Justin over the end of the sofa and as he entered him he said, “Every,” thrust, “apartment,” thrust, “has,” thrust, “a sofa.” Brian stopped talking and focused on what he was  doing. He reached around and stroked Justin as he moved and soon both men groaned as they exploded simultaneously. Brian pulled Justin over and they ended up on the fur rug with a blanket over top of them both.

“You don’t really believe in this ghost crap do you?”

“I don’t think so.  I mean if someone says they are visited by their grandma that just passed away to ‘say goodbye’, I guess I can see maybe someone could feel a presence but that a place is really haunted? Maybe if it is just like a movie, where the spirit is just an imprint of the past.”

“You have actually thought about this.  It would be a nightmare if my dad came back.  I think if any of this stuff was real we all would have seen it.  Brian began to move down Justin’s body, “Are you sure you want to go away?” his mouth landed on Justin’s nipple and his tongue got the little pebble hard as a rock and then he moved down a bit further. “I thought we could go shopping tomorrow and then hit Babylon and then maybe invite some friends of mine that will be in town over for playtime.”  Brian’s tongue dipped into Justin’s belly button. “I guess I will have to entertain both of them.”

As Brian moved down to Justin’s cock he encased it with his warm mouth. Justin arched and let himself go. He pulled Justin back up and as he kissed Brian he tasted his own cum in his mouth.  After several more minutes of kissing and touching, Justin and Brian ended up in the shower and after another round of sex they ended up in bed.  Soon Brian was snoring softly.

Justin was having trouble finding sleep. Should he cancel and spend the weekend having sex with Brian and two of his friends?  Was he crazy spending the weekend ghost hunting when he didn’t even believe in that shit.  Justin slipped out of bed and took his phone with him to the living room.  He poured a Jack and sipped it as he stared out the window.  His mind went back to one of the other nights they had spent with another couple.  Sure, it was fun but it wasn’t a life memory he wanted in 10 years.  It had been a while since he had spent time with Daphne.  Now he was sure of it.  He would pack in the morning and Daphne would pick him up around 9:00 so they could be to New York City by mid afternoon.  If Brian wanted his weekend with another couple he could have it. He was going to spend time with his best friend.


Brian woke up to Justin taking care of his morning hard on.  When Justin finished, he moved back up to kiss Brian.  “Do I need to leave notes for your weekend guests,  letting them know what you like and don’t like? You can be a difficult companion.”

“Smart ass,” Brian mumbled before pulling Justin close and kissing him again.  “Do you really want to go and try to find a ghost rather than find…” Brian rubbed his pelvis against Justin’s still erect cock.  “Damn… Come in the shower with me.  I don’t have time to play but I am sure we can squeeze in a quick fuck.”

“Ever the romantic,” Justin rolled his eyes but got up and followed Brian into the shower. He needed to make love with him once more before going away.

Brian picked up a bar of soap and began to slide it down Justin’s body but almost immediately he pulled him against him for another kiss.  “You sure you want to go a weekend without sex?” Brian’s hand caressed Justin’s ass as his fingers trailed down the cleft between his cheeks and then began playing with the little bud slowly adding enough pressure to have his finger move inward.

“Who said I was going without sex….oh, god, Brian….” he sucked in a deep breath as Brian stroked his prostate, “for the weekend?”

“Well you are going with Daph.  You aren’t going to screw her again are you?”

Justin cringed, “Oh, god, NO!” Brian turned him around and as he pressed him against the glass wall, slipped his condom covered dick all the way in, in one smooth move.  It only took a couple more moves before Justin lost it but  Brian, since he had already cum once that morning continued to move in and out until Justin begged him to stop because his body was one open nerve. Brian then stopped and Justin felt Brian tremor deep inside of him.

Moments later Justin turned around and started soaping Brian down, making him tremble when his fingers trailed over Brian’s still tremering cock. “One of the guys on the investigator’s team may be fun to play with.  He is definitely cute in his own way. He might be more fun for Emmett but I don’t mind that for a change.” By now they were drying off and Brian had started shaving.  

“I really thought you would decide to stay here.”

“Why should I, Brian? It’s not like I’m your boyfriend.” Justin started to shave.

“You’re right, you aren’t.  Fuck him once for me.”  Brian finished shaving and walked out of the bathroom.

Justin tried to stop himself but he had to turn and watch Brian walk out.  He took his time in the bathroom so Brian was on his way out of the bedroom by the time Justin strode in, naked.  He saw Brian hesitate for a split second but then strode out to the kitchen.  Justin pulled on his briefs and strode out to pour a cup of coffee.

“When are you leaving?” Brian tried to ask without sounding too interested.

“Daphne will be here around 10:00.”

“When are you coming home?”

“Brian, are you missing me already?” Justin kissed his cheek and he walked to the sofa and dropped onto it but he was able to see Brian in the mirror. 

As Brian finished his coffee he looked at Justin. He then set the cup down and grabbed his jacket.  “You  going to let me know when you’ll be home?”

“I’ll be home before 3:00 am on Monday morning. He stood and walked over to Brian and kissed him lightly on the cheek but before he walked away, Brian pulled him close for a kiss that made Justin’s toes curl as Brian bent him backward but then Brian caught himself and brought Justin back up so he was standing straight up.  

“I’ll see you whenever.” Brian shrugged and walked out.  

Why did Brian have to be such an ass?  Once the apartment door was shut he threw a pillow at it.  Why did he have to fall in love with him? He was not going to let Brian Kinney get the best of him.  He was going to have a great time.  He started packing and made sure he packed plenty of condoms. He then looked at the rest of them in the drawer and soon he had collected every condom he could find in the apartment and hid them in the back of the closet in an old shoebox. He smiled as he zipped up his own overnight bag.  Serves him right.  He knew Brian would never have sex without a condom.  Maybe this would slow him down a little bit.  He had a little time so he went on the computer and pulled up Kindred Spirits.  Amy and Adam were going to lead the investigation.  He knew it wasn’t likely that it would make it to their TV show but it was going to be fun.  And, he watched Adam on the screen, if he could get a little side action, why not.  Adam was cute and he really did like his personality, in a good way.  He thought this was going to be a fun weekend.  And if he met James Dean….all the better.

Daphne arrived  and they were off.  They talked non-stop for the first two hours and then Justin got a little quiet.  “Justin, you are not going to mope over Brian all weekend, are you?”

“No, I really am excited about this weekend.”  Daphne saw him trying to look excited.

“Somehow I believe you but right now you have 10 minutes to vent about Brian and then I don’t want to hear his name again until we get home.”

“He wanted me to stay for a foursome this weekend.  I mean he didn’t care at all that I was leaving.  Ok, that isn’t true.  He tried to act like he didn’t care but I know he wanted to ask me to stay but he didn’t and I really do think this is going to be a lot of fun but just once I wish he would say, ‘stay’.    Justin went on for a couple more minutes and then he stopped.  “Thanks, Daph.  I feel better.  And I can’t promise I won’t say his name but I will do my best to forget he is going to be fucking two gorgeous men this weekend.”

“Well, if you lucky you might get to fuck a good looking, nice guy and a ghost.”

“Daphne! Sex with a ghost?”

“Well, you could do a lot worse than James Dean!  He was so cute.  You just know if he would have lived he would have been one of those super sexy older guys that still exudes sex.”

“I agree with that.  It was just in him.  He kind of reminds me of Brian that….sorry. I really will try.” Justin smiled over at Daph.

“I know you will. Why don’t you drive for a while and let me tell you what I know about tonight.”

Justin drove Daphne’s car into the city while she directed him to the apartment. Daphne directed him to a parking lot that had a spot reserved for them.  They grabbed their bags and moved toward the building.  “Wow, isn’t this a cool looking building? And to think that James Dean walked on this sidewalk!”

“Hate to burst your bubble but I saw a date in the cement back there that said 2000 so the only way he walked on it was as a ghost.”

“Shut up, Justin, don’t be mean!” She looked at him and then kissed his cheek.  “Thanks for coming along.”  

“I’m glad I came.  I think I needed a break from Brian’s attitude.  I know I’ll miss him and I really hope he misses me. He probably won’t because….. Sorry. I won’t talk about him. Look, I think that is the camera crew.” Justin pointed toward a few people pulling out several cases from a van.

“I love Amy.  Do you see Amy?”

“I’m sure this is just some of the production people that are setting up cameras and stuff.”

“On TV they always show the on screen personalities setting that up.” Daphne held the door open for a crew member.  “Are Adam and Amy here yet?”

The man looked at her, “You know what we are here for?” His partner walked up with more cases.

“Ya, I’m Daphne, Callie’s friend.  This is Justin.  She wanted some moral support here since her parents weren’t around.”

“I’m Joe.  I’m one of the cameramen/assistants. This is Jerry. He’s the strong silent type.”

“Not really, you just talk enough for both of us,” Jerry said softly but then went back into silence.

“I thought the stars always set up the cameras.  I guess that is all just for the viewers.” Justin said sceptically.

“No, actually Amy and Adam will check everything when they get here but they got delayed.  They want the place to be ready so we don’t waste any of your time.  They really do most of what you see on the show.”

“What are they like?” Daphne asked as they entered the elevator. “I think Amy is so cool and Justin wants to get into Adam’s pants.”

“Daphne!” Justin looked at her, mouth hanging over.

Joe looked him up and down, “I think that might be possible. Tonight they will just get some preliminary  information about the place so early tomorrow morning, when they are done for the night… that’s when you should make your move if you are really interested.”

Justin smiled, “Thanks for the tip!”  The doors opened and Joe and Daphne walked out together.  Justin grabbed one of the cases for Jerry and Jerry nodded at him.  “‘Preciate it.”

“No problem.”

“Joe is right about Adam.  He’s a great guy.  I had a crush on him myself for a long time.”

“And nothing happened?”

“I didn’t say that. I’m in a relationship now.  If you get a chance, take him hard and fast.  He likes it that way.”

“Thanks, Jerry. I’ll remember that.”

Justin walked into the apartment.  It was a small, comfortable room. One wall was lined with bookcases from floor to ceiling.  On one of the shelves was a picture of James Dean sitting in the exact spot  Justin was standing in.  “Holy shit, I have never… He was really gorgeous wasn’t he and I can almost feel his magnetism just looking at him in the picture.  I have only met one person who…” Justin shivered.  He swore he felt something graze his neck.

“You know someone who is that gorgeous?” Jerry asked him as he opened up one of the cases.

“I live with someone that gorgeous.  My boyfriend has the personality of a James Dean character and the ego to go with it.”  

“I think my boyfriend’s hot too even though I am sure…”  Justin held up his phone and showed Jerry a picture he had taken of Brian with just a towel wrapped around his waist, still flushed from sex.  Jerry shifted his fly a bit with his hand, “You live with that?”

“I do! That’s Brian. “ Justin sighed a bit.

“He has a bit of an ego?”

“We don’t have enough time to even graze the surface. He is an amazing man; he just doesn’t realize it yet.”

“Justin, come look at the rest of the apartment.” Daphne called.

“I’ll talk to you later, Jerry.”

“Sounds good. Coming, Daph.” Justin walked through a door that looked out of place.  He stepped through into a much larger modernized room. “This is part of the apartment?”  

“Justin, you remember Callie, right.”

“Sure,” he waved at her.

“Thanks for coming with Daphne.  This is where I grew up.  That apartment obviously used to be an individual apartment but when it came up for sale, my parents decided to buy it because it was such an iconic place.”

“Have you ever really felt anything in there?”

“Not only in there but Jimmy, that’s what I like to call him, wonders in here from time to time, too.  He usually stays there but I like to think he enjoys our company from time to time.”

The next hour, the three of them sat around talking.  At one point Justin felt a hand at the nape of his neck.  He turned around expecting to see Jerry but no one was there.  Joe called from the other room, Callie, could you come here a minute?”  Callie excused herself and left Justin and Daphne alone.

“Justin, before Callie left, I saw you jump? Getting spooked already?”

“Daphne, I don’t know if I believe it but I just felt a hand on the nape of my neck.”

“Really? You did? Was something grabbing you?”

“No, it was more of a caress.  I could feel the actual fingers stroke me softly, maybe almost sensually.”

“God, Justin!  Do you think you were just touched by the ghost of Jimmy?”

“Na, I think my imagination is getting the better of me.”  Justin’s phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled it out. “Brian.  Not sure if I want to talk to him but I probably….”

“Hell, you want to talk to him. Answer it or he will try all night.”  Daphne walked away and as more of the crew came out of the main filming area, Justin headed back into the intimate apartment. 

“Hold on,” Justin said into the phone as he got past one of the crew.

“Don’t touch any of our equipment in there. Everything is set for tonight.” Joe said as he walked past.

“I won’t,” Justin said as he sat down on the old seat that was a cross between a sofa and bench. “Hey Brian.”

“Did I hear a guy? Are you already screwing someone?”

‘And if I was?” Justin shivered, feeling a little breeze coming from somewhere.

“I want a play by play.”

“I’m not with anyone.  That was one of the crew members telling me not to fuck with the equipment.  Did you call for a reason?”

“Just making sure you made it?”

“I made it safe and sound, Mom.” Justin shivered again and looked behind him.  He could have sworn something brushed his neck again. He was sure something was hanging off the shelves behind him but nothing.  All the sudden he heard Brian again on the phone.

“You still there?” Brian asked.

“Ya, sorry. What did I miss?”

“Me calling you an asshole calling me Mom.”

“Brian, you wouldn’t believe where I’m sitting.  You’ve seen those pictures of JD sitting in his apartment.  I am sitting in the same…” Justin was sure he saw the curtain to his left move just a bit.

“Hell, if I wanted to be ignored I’d go see my mother.”

“Brian, this place just is really kind of weird.  Three times now I have felt something touch me.”

“Wooo. I bet it’s the ghost.” Brian laughed loudly. “Maybe you’ll get lucky with a ghost tonight.” Brian was laughing so loudly he didn’t hear what Justin said.

“It would be a hell of a lot better than screwing you.” Justin shouted before hanging up. Why did  he let that man get to him every time Justin asked himself as he got up and started pacing.  He walked toward the window and stared out to the street.  As he tried to take a couple deep breaths to calm down he felt someone walk up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder but there was really no weight to the hand and then he realized he felt chilled again.  

‘What’s wrong, gorgeous?’ Justin felt the words more than heard them.  ‘He’s not worth it.’

Jerry, It was Jerry screwing with him.  He spun around but it was obvious no one was there.


Amy and Adam were looking at the camera settings when they saw a blond walk into the apartment.  “I think that is the kid that has the hots for you.” Amy smiled at Adam.  “He is really cute and I hear he is of age.”

“Amy, look at him.  Something is going on in there.  Watch the kid’s reactions. I rewinded it a bit.”

“Go back!  Do you see that? There’s a shadow that crosses to him and then when he turns the look on his face says it all.  Where is he now?” Amy started looking at monitors and saw Justin standing with the other young women. “Do you know his name?”

“Justin.” Amy gave him a look.  “Aren’t you married?”

“I may be married but I’m not dead.  That man is fine! And if I am not mistaken, he just had his first supernatural experience.”

“Let’s go talk to him.  If James Dean or whoever is here is interacting with him already, we can use him as a trigger object.”

An hour later, Justin was mic’d and waiting to be called into the apartment.  “Justin, you really were touched, weren’t you? I saw the footage.  That was crazy! What did it feel like? Should I call Brian? Do you want me to call him for you?”

“Why would I call him? He is probably in bed with his cock in one mouth and another cock in his.”

“But you were touched.  You felt a touch.”

“He talked to me.”

“He WHAT?” Daphne nearly shouted it loud enough for the crew to hear.

“Shut up.  They already are putting me out there as bait.”

“Justin, if you don’t want to do this you don’t have to.” Adam said from the doorway.  “Daphne, could we have a couple minutes?”

“Sure,” Daphne left Adam and Justin in an office they had set up as a lounge for anyone that wanted to watch monitors of the activities but right now they were the only two in the room.

“Are you alright with this? I mean, I remember my first experience.  I was in shock or fear or something for a while.  And I have never been touched like you.” Adam slipped an arm around Justin’s waist.

“Adam, have any of them really talked to you? I mean have they ever talked directly….”

“You heard a voice?”

“Well, I didn’t actually hear it but it was like I knew it in my head.”

“What did he say?”  Adam was very intrigued but was truly concerned. 

“He asked what was wrong.” Justin turned into Adam and Adam wrapped his arms around him.  If he didn’t love his husband so much he would be all over this one. 

“Justin, this is a very unusual situation.  Of course we can’t be sure it is James Dean.  I just want you to realize that we don’t know what kind of spirit you have attracted. In most cases a spirit isn’t out to hurt anyone and since they are obviously attracted to you I am not really worried but, if you ever feel threatened let us know right away.”  Adam took a step back now, looking into Justin’s eyes.

“Damn, if I wasn’t married….”

“I would never try to get together with someone who has a committed relationship.  I would kill for my boyfriend to even admit he’s my boyfriend.”

“Maybe a ghost will make him jealous.”

“It might if he believed in them.” Justin stepped back himself creating a space between them. “I will let you know if I can’t deal with it.”

Adam gave Justin a few more tips as some of the crew moved in to take their places in front of the screens and then Justin went into a room with Daphne and Callie to wait.  They had a monitor that followed Amy and Adam’s movement and it wasn’t long before someone came for Justin and he was led into the small apartment.  After a little interview time with Amy and Adam, Justin was left alone.  A camera continued to roll where he was while all the crew members went on to film in another area.  Justin was assured someone was still going to be watching him at all times from the monitor room.

Justin felt a little awkward at first.  He looked at some of the things on the shelf which he had been told had all belonged to the man himself.  In the corner of the shelf he saw something glint in the dim light of the room.  He reached back and, after a little wiggling it came loose.  He looked to see what he had found.  It was an old cigarette lighter.  It was obvious it was sterling because of the tarnish on it.  He rubbed at it and saw the initials on it.  “JD, so this was yours, Jimmy.  Hope you don’t mind being called Jimmy.” Justin spent a little time polishing it. “These people want you to feel at home here.  They know you love it here.” Justin felt the air change a bit. He looked around but didn’t see anything.  Moving to another shelf he lifted off a recorder.  Without thinking about it he brought it up to his mouth and started playing some notes.  Now, although he couldn’t see anything, he knew something was going on in this room.  “I haven’t played one of these in years.” He stretched out on the bench and put his feet up, just like James Dean had done in one of the pictures he saw, and started playing a song by ear.


“Justin, are you alright? Justin, say something to me.”  Justin’s eyes flutter open.  The apartment was now filled with light and Daphne, Callie, Amy, and Adam standing around him along with a couple crew members.

“What happened? Did I fall asleep?” he looked from person to person, very confused.

Adam dropped to a knee next to him, “You don’t remember what happened?”

“I remember stretching out here with the recorder...where’s the recorder? Did you move it?”

Adam offered a hand out to him.  “Come with us.”  Amy led the way and then Adam and Justin followed her.  They led him into the monitor room where they had been earlier and they had Justin sit down and sat next to him. 

Amy handed him a bottle of water and waited for him to take a drink. “Justin, we just saw something we have never seen before and the fact that you can’t remember it blows my mind!” She stood up and walked behind them.  “Justin, do you have any idea what time it is?”

“Well, if I had to guess, you left me in the apartment somewhere around 1:00 a.m. so I would guess it was 2:00, 2:30 at the latest.”

“Justin, first of all we were watching the whole time and if we had thought we needed to intercept we would have but, Justin, the sun is about to come up.  It is after 5:00.”

“No.  It can’t be.  I know I dozed but I wasn’t ….”

“Just watch,” Adam said as he started the video.  

Justin looked on in silence as he watched what seemed impossible.  “I thought it was a dream.  I really thought my imagination had gone into overdrive and when I felt….” Justin took a swallow of the water and then took a second.  “Did I have sex with a ghost?  Or should I say did a ghost have sex with me? I had sex with James Dean?”

“Are you sure it was him?” Adam asked.

“Wait a minute, Adam.  Justin,” she put a hand on his shoulder. “Are you alright with this? I mean you’re a young guy...even an older man might, well, feel violated, even raped.  I feel like we pushed you into doing the solo.”

“No, I could have said no and I  never felt like I was endangered.  I felt...I felt like someone cared.  I….hell, you could see I had a hard on.”

“Well, it doesn’t take much for that to happen,” Adam smiled at him.  “Would you like to go think about this.  Maybe you could record what you actually dreamed or tell Daphne and Callie all about it and they can record it. It helps to review it right away.  Then you need to get some rest. Can we meet up here at 3:00 this afternoon? Of course if you are done, we’ll understand.” Amy nodded to Adam’s comment.

 Amy spoke up, “Tonight, our friend Chip Coffey will be joining us.  He is a psychic.  We will be in touch with him and at 3:00, if you are willing, he will be here to talk to you.  We need time to process this, too! This is big!” Her excitement spilled out.

Justin wandered out of the room in a fog.  He did need to get down what he remembered, although he didn’t think he would forget it.  

“Justin, what happened? Everyone is buzzing but no one is talking.” Daphne rushed to him.

“Is Callie still around?”

“No,” Daphne took his arm. “You don’t look so good. Why don’t you go…”

“Daph, I need to tell you something.  Let’s go to our room.  They want me to record what happened in my own words.” They walked to the room they were sharing.  It was set up with two single beds and Justin got in one of the beds.  As Daphne started to get into the other one he stopped her, “Do you mind sleeping with me?”  She responded by walking over and getting in next to him, putting an arm around him.  In her other hand she had her phone and she tapped the screen.

“Tell me what happened, Justin.  I am recording.” 

Justin started by telling Daphne about just feeling something was in the apartment with him while he found first the cigarette lighter and then then about taking the recorder off the shelf and laying down.

“I started playing the thing.  You remember doing that in grade school, don’t you?”   She nodded and Justin continued.  “This is where it starts getting a little hazy.  I thought I dozed off for a few minutes but I saw the video and it was a couple hours and,” he paused, “in the video you can see the recorder moving from my hands to the shelf and then…this is where I thought it was just a dream but the video says different.  It was his ghost.  I felt him lay next to me and, Daph, my body definitely responded as he touched me.  It was a bit embarrassing but I could see my cock grow and then a mist blurred the camera lens but you could tell my pants were opened and my dick came out.  I could feel his lips but I was sure it was just a dream.” 

“Justin, did he hurt you? I mean what does it feel like when a ghost gives you a blowjob? Did he..”

“Daphne, Jimmy, and he likes being called that, Jimmy was very sweet. Even though I could see myself shiver like I was cold, I felt cared about.  He obviously was a very sensitive lover.”

“Wow, Justin do you know what you are saying?”

“I’m not really sure.  I need to sleep now and I’ll listen to that again tomorrow.” After Daph stopped the recording and she set the phone to the side, she put her other arm around him, too.”

“You sleep, Justin.  You had a wild night.”

“Oh, I should set an alarm.” He started to move but she tightened her arms around him.

“I set my alarm for noon.  Callie is planning on us for lunch at 1:00.”

“Thanks, Daphne,” he relaxed against her, “I…” and that quickly, Justin was asleep.


At noon, while Daphne was in the shower, Justin looked at his phone.  He saw Brian had texted four times and tried calling once.  The first three texts occurred while Brian was obviously drunk last night.  He had a feeling the threesome didn’t go so well.  The last text was from this morning. It said, ‘What the hell, Sunshine! Text me.’  When he listened to the message, Brian wasn’t making much sense and if he wrong, and he wasn’t, Brian missed him, even if it was just for sex.  

Justin texted Brian, ‘Hey, you were fucked up last night.  Did you need something?’  

Before he got a response Daphne came out of the bathroom in a towel.  “Shower’s all yours.”  

Justin grabbed his briefs and closed the door behind him.  Justin stepped into the steaming water and grabbed the bar of soap.  He rubbed it over his chest, arms and stomach but as he moved it onto his pelvis, he froze.  Just above his pubic hair he saw something.  He wasn’t sure what it was at first.  As he bent over for a closer look he knew what it was.  It was a light impression of teeth.  He had  a love bite from a ghost!  “Daphne!”

 Daphne opened the door just a crack. “What’s wrong?”

“Come in here!”

“Justin you are in the shower, naked.”

“It’s not like I haven’t seen it before. Get in here!”  He threw a washcloth over his cock. “Look at this!” He pointed at the spot just above the cloth.

“Holy shit, Justin.  Do you think he was trying to hurt you, like happens on a lot of these kinds of shows?”

“No, I think he got carried away while he was ….well, while he sucked my cock.” 

“Justin, you are just so irresistible. Hurry up, ten minutes until lunch.” 

As she walked out, Justin said, “Did Brian text or call?”

“Your phone hasn’t made any noise.”

As Justin rushed to rinse off, he realized his phone was on silent.  Brian may have texted him right back and he would have probably missed it. He rushed and as soon as he was done drying off pulled on his briefs and went out to the main room.  He quickly dressed and combed his hair.  Then he grabbed his phone and looked at his phone.  There were two messages. The first one said ‘call me’.  The second one said, ‘Fuck you, don’t bother’.  He listened to the message from last night.

“Damn it!” Justin said as he read it.  Before Daphne could ask what the problem was there was a knock on the door and Callie, Daph, and Jusitn were off to lunch.  While the three young people ate at a nearby deli, they filled Callie in on the details of the night before.  

Daphne did most of the talking as Callie asked questions but as soon as Callie left the table to take a phone call, Daph looked at Justin, “You are awfully quiet this morning.  Is it last night or is it Brian?”

“Maybe both. The encounter with Jimmy definitely has me on edge but I’m not scared.  He obviously wasn’t there to hurt me.  I kind of wish I had been aware it was real because it was very erotic and sensual.  But Brian, he had a really bad night.  He rarely opens up to me without me nagging him until he gives in but he needed me last night and I wasn’t there for him.”

“Justin, he can’t expect you to be on call 24/7.  He definitely isn’t there for you like that.”

“Daphne, he is a complicated man but he is always there when it really counts.”

“Is he, really?”  Daphne threw out just before Callie sat down.  Justin threw Daphne a look but didn’t say anything else.

A few minutes later they paid and walked back to the apartment.  Justin had about twenty minutes before his meeting with the show people.  He wasn’t sure why but he  found himself back in the small apartment.  He took out his phone and called Brian.  He didn’t expect him to answer.  He expected him to ignore him because he felt Justin was ignoring him. So when he heard Brian’s voice his heart skipped a beat.

“What?”

“Hey. Bri.  Sorry I missed everything.  I was actually filming for the show and didn’t have my phone on me and then when I got to my room this morning, it was on silent.”

“I told you not to bother.”

“Brian, come on.  I’m sorry.  You always say you aren’t my boyfriend so we don’t have to answer to each other.” Justin realized he said that a little harshly.  “I didn’t mean it to sound like that.  I didn’t get much sleep last night.”

“Hope you enjoyed the sex while I … Never mind.”

“Brian, it isn’t what you think.  I want to hear what happened but I have to meet with…”

“Well, don’t let me hold you up!” The phone went dead.

“Damn you, Brian Kinney.” Justin whispered and dropped onto the bench he had been on last night.  He felt the cool sensation again.  It enveloped him. He realized he felt no fear.  It actually had a comforting effect.  And from somewhere deep in his mind he heard, ‘Don’t let him upset you.  I’m here.’ With that he felt a coolness on his lips and was sure he was being kissed even though he couldn’t see anything in the lit room.  He also felt pressure on his groin but when there was noise outside the open door Justin was alone again.  “Please, come back later,” he said softly.

“Justin, if you’re ready, it is almost 3:00 and Chip is ready to talk to you.”  Jerry said as he walked into the room.

 

“I’ll be right there.  I need to use the bathroom first.” Justin stepped into the small bathroom and as he stood there relieving himself he had that feeling once more and a spot on his cheek felt cold. ‘Hurt him.”  Justin felt the words.  Did JD mean Brian hurt him or that he hurt Brian?  Justin whispered, “He’s been hurt too much.  I love him.”   Justin zipped up his fly and after washing his hands, he left the small apartment for his meeting.