- Text Size +

Chapter 5


Molly helped Aiden into the swing and gently pushed him in the swing while GC chased the swing back and forth a few times before he lost interest and chased a squirrel up a tree. Justin had been back for two weeks and this afternoon Jenn was helping organize his kitchen.  

“Justin, is it alright if I put the spices here? I know I’d want them close to the stove.”

“Ya, that’s great, Mom, and if I do any baking I will probably use that part of the counter to do that.  As Aiden grows, I’ll be able to watch him out those windows as he plays.”

“Honey, does that mean you plan to stay here?” Jenn slipped her arm around his waist and they stood there watching Molly with Aiden.

“I don’t know, Mom. I guess I just can’t picture myself anywhere else.  I love watching Aiden  with you and Molly.  He already loves you both so much.”

“Well, he doesn’t love us as much as we love him.  You are such a good daddy.  That little boy knows nothing but love. Is Brian coming over tonight?”

“I really am not sure.  I’m so confused, Mom.”

“What’s wrong, Justin? Did something happen between the two of you?”

“No, not really. Oh Mom, he is so wonderful.  Obviously, he isn’t perfect but he has become the best Brian he can be and, well, it scares me.”

“Why does it scare you? I would think it would be exactly what you wanted.”

“It is but….” he noticed GC standing next to him and he patted his head. “Mom, what if it doesn’t work again. He wants to spend time with Aiden but I have been keeping them apart.  I don’t want Aiden to rely on him if he is gone again soon.”

“Justin, trust your heart but follow your mind. In other words, Brian’s not going anywhere.  You don’t have to rush anything.  I think you need to let Brian and Aiden spend time together. If it doesn’t work out, Aiden will still be loved.  You still love Gus and keep in contact with him.  If it came to that, Aiden and Brian could do the same thing but, don’t take me wrong, I think you are going to make it this time.  You both have grown and matured in the last three years.”  Jenn looked at her son, “why don’t you and Brian have a night together.  Molly or I or both of us can stay here with Aiden so he can sleep in his own bed. You can have the night with Brian at the loft.”

“Mom, you don’t have to.”

“You know we love spending time with him and this house, well, I have no trouble staying in this place either. When Molly goes back to college in a couple weeks, you will probably tell me to stop hanging out here.   My guess is after she finishes her master’s in the spring she won’t be moving back  here.  She will be ready to create her own home.”

“Mom, you know there is room for you here if you don’t want to live alone.”

“Don’t say that if you don’t mean it. I think you and Brian need to figure out what’s right for you and then, maybe I would seriously consider it. Now go call Brian and plan your date for tonight.”

Justin kissed Jenn’s cheek. “I’ll do that.  We have been talking about getting together with Ted and his boyfriend.  Maybe we can do that tonight.”  Justin was calling Brian as he walked away. 

“Hey, Sunshine.  Miss me?” Brian said with a note of sensuality to his voice.

“Do you think Ted and his boyfriend are free tonight?”

“I don’t know but I can find out. What’s up?”

“Mom is throwing me out of my own house tonight so she can have her grandson to herself.  I was thinking we could have dinner with them and then go back to the loft for the night.”

“Well, whether they can or not, I am sure we could think of lots of things we could do tonight.”

“Let me know what is planned so I know what to wear and I will talk to you later.  Mom and I are about done with the kitchen.”

“See you soon, Sunshine.  I love you.”

Brian set down the phone.  Damn, he just wanted to hear those three words.  Justin wasn’t giving anything away. He missed Aiden so much.  At least Justin was sharing pictures and short videos of him.  He had seen him sleeping a few times before they made love and he would go home.  He just wanted to stay overnight and wake up with them both.  He would be patient and at least Justin seemed to want to spend time with him. 

Brian picked up his phone again and called Ted.  “Hey, Boss, what’s up?  You didn’t get another call from that…”

“What are you and Victor up to tonight?”

“I made reservations for a nice dinner, why?”

“Justin was wondering if tonight would work to go out together.  Aiden is going to be with Jenn tonight so we have the whole night.”

“I think that will work. I want you to get to know Victor.  He is really a great guy.”

“It sounds like you are in love, Theodore.”

“Brian, I think I might be and he already is planning our future.”

“He isn’t planning on taking you somewhere is he?”

“If you mean are we moving? No.  He is adding more doctors to his practice.  The only thing that will take me away is a vacation now and then.”

“If you want to get completely away, we have our cabin.”

“I might take you up on that.  I have reservations for 7:30.  I will text you the address and I will change the reservations to 4 instead of 2.”

They said goodbye and Brian texted Justin.  They decided Justin would be at the loft around 6:30 and then they could go to the restaurant together.  Brian already started planning what suit to wear and couldn’t wait to see Justin dressed in a jacket and, oh god, pants that clung to his perfect ass. They had gone shopping last weekend and he had bought  a couple suits for upcoming meetings he hoped to have as he started his new business. Next week was going to be Justin’s first week at the office.  Molly would babysit the next couple weeks and Justin was going to interview babysitters this week.  Brian had already helped narrow the interviews down and he hoped Justin would let him sit in on the interviews.  Aiden and Justin were the main focus of his life these days.  Nothing was more important than their safety and happiness.

Justin came down the stairs at 6:15.  Molly let out a low whistle.  “You clean up really good, big brother.”

“Thanks, Molly. Why the hell am I nervous? I am just having dinner with friends.”

“Bullshit, Justin.  Tell Brian you love him and have him move in.  It would be easier on everyone.”

“Do you really think so, Mol?”

“I really do. I’m not a kid anymore.  I know what to look for in a good man.  Stay away from men like Dad and connect with men like Brian.  I wish he had a much younger, straight brother.”

“He has a nephew about your age but the last time they had anything to do with each other was probably 20 years ago.”

“You know I will finally be done with school in the spring.  I really do hope to settle down soon and be able to have a cousin or two for Aiden.”  

“Well, Molly, anyone who gets you in their life will be really lucky.  You will be a great mom and wife. Call me if anything comes up.”  Justin kissed her forehead and then left for Brian’s with an overnight bag.

Brian knew Justin would be here soon and started buttoning up his shirt and then tucked it into his slacks as he sipped up the fly.   As he sat on the bed to put on his shoes and socks, he heard the elevator and then heard the key in the door.  He quickly finished dressing and moved down the steps just as Justin dropped his bag on the sofa and stood frozen in his spot.  Brian looked stunning and he could smell his favorite scent from here. 

“Sunshine, you look…” Brian walked over and took him in his arms. “I knew that suit was perfect for you but, damn, I just want to strip it right off you.” His hand slid under the jacket and linked his fingers behind Justin’s waist, pulling him close. “I am the luckiest man in the world.”  He gently brushed his lips against Justin’s.  There was no demand in it other than to accept him. Justin asked for more.  His arms went around Brian’s neck and hair and pulled him down for more pressure on his lips.  Brian did not argue. He added enough pressure that Justin arched backward.  

By the time they separated they were both breathless.  “Have I told you lately, how much I love you?” Brian asked as he lost himself in Justin’s blue eyes.

Justin, holding Brian’s gaze, started to open his mouth but whatever he had planned to say halted when the door buzzer sounded. “Fuck,” Brian mumble.  “That is the car.  Victor hired a car so we don’t have to limit our wine.”  He straightened Justin’s collar and Justin smoothed his hair.

“We better get moving.”

“Did I mention, Ted’s boyfriend is probably one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen?”

“Well, yes, you did seem to mention that on a few occasions.  Should I be worried?  Should Ted be worried?” Justin asked as they stepped onto the elevator.  By the time it stopped on the bottom floor, Justin was again straightening his jacket and they were both flushed. 

In front of the building a limo was waiting for them.  A driver in a formal uniform was waiting at the car door and as they stepped out the driver tipped his hat and opened the door.  Justin moved in and Brian followed. Justin looked up and smiled, “Ted, it is so good to see you.” They awkwardly hugged across the facing seats. Once Brian was comfortable and the door was shut he shook Victor’s hand and then Ted made the introduction.  

“Victor, I would like to introduce Justin Taylor.  Justin, this is Victor Gerard.”

‘Nice to meet you,” Justin offered his hand.

“So nice to meet you, Justin.  Ted speaks very highly of you.  I hear you have a young son.”

Justin had to smile. He already liked this man.  “I do.  Aiden is almost 15 months old. He is with my family tonight.”

“Well, I happen to be a pediatrician so if you are looking for a doctor for him, I have a practice full of excellent pediatricians.”

“I hope I don’t need you for some time but when he is ready for his two year check up, I will contact you.”

The men fell into a comfortable conversation and by the time they arrived at the restaurant, they all felt like old friends. Through the meal Victor told about growing up in France and when Justin excused himself to check on Aiden, Victor looked at Brian, “I hope you are doing everything possible to keep that young man.  He has something special.”

“Yes, he does.  I am trying my best to win him back but with Justin that sometimes means not pushing him.”

“I can understand that,” Ted commented, “but you both love each other and he will come around.  I know he will.”

“He hasn’t said it, yet. I thought he might be ready to say it tonight and the driver buzzed,” Brian scowled.  

Victor patted his shoulder, “He will.  It is obvious you two belong together.”  

Brian stood as Justin walked up.  He kissed him and asked, “Everything ok with Molly and Aiden?”

“Actually, now Mom is there with him.  Molly had a friend call her at the last minute so she went out.”

“Either way, Aiden is in good hands. I miss that little guy.”  Brian said it before he realized it.  He wasn’t going to push that.  

The evening continued and soon it was after 10:00 and they were in the back of the car.  Brian mentioned the cabin in Montana and commented, “I told Ted if you two want to get away, I don’t think we will be using the place again this fall and it is still safe to go there for the month of September.  Well, it is safe to go later but you might be stuck there for a while if it snows.”

“Oh, Theodore, let’s go.  I have never been there and I would love to get away for a week with you. We could go the weekend before Labor Day and spend the week.”

The car stopped in front of the loft.  “Just let me know if you want to use it.  We will contact the  caretaker and he can have everything ready.” Brian said as he stepped out of the car and offered his hand to Justin who took it.  Brian pulled Justin into his arms and they were still kissing when the car pulled away.  Brian and Justin moved into the building and onto the lift before getting off the elevator and unlocking the door to the apartment.

“Sunshine, how about a night cap.  A glass of wine before we go….”

Justin cut him off by pressing his mouth first and then whole body tightly against Brian.

“Hell, who needs another drink,” Brian mumbled as they stumbled up the steps to the bedroom. After taking time to undress each other they fell onto the bed and instantly were entwined in each other’s arms and legs. Soon, as Brian moved in and out, he clung to Justin who                  absorbed every stroke. As Brian came to the verge of an orgasm he said, “Justin Taylor, I love you. I always have and I always will.” Brian stayed buried inside him until Justin moved away.  He got out of bed and left the bedroom.  

Brian watched him go, confused. He gave him a few minutes and then, after putting on a robe, he found Justin drinking a whiskey and staring out the window in the dark apartment.  He walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around Justin’s shoulders. Justin rested against him.  “What is it, Justin? Did I do something? Say something?”

“No, Brian.” He hesitated and then said, “Well, yes, you did.  You have become a perfect man.  Well, as perfect as a man can be. I mean you aren’t even pushing  to move in and I know how much you want to see Aiden.”

“You have your reasons.  You are his father. I know you are only doing what you think is best.” He kissed Justin’s temple.  “I hurt you badly.  I understand that. I have done my best to change. I am willing to wait.  You are worth it.”

“Damn, Brian Kinney, why do you have to…” Justin spun to face him. “I love you.  I should have never left you.  I never stopped missing you.  God, you are the best…”

Brian cut off his words as his lips crushed Justin’s.  Soon they were on the floor rolling on the rug, taking turns at the top position until Brian ended up on his stomach and Justin was above him.

“Sunshine, make love to me. I want you to.” 

Justin put on a condom and then moved slowly as he moved inward.  Brian made a noise of pure pleasure as Justin began to move and both men climaxed for a second time that night.  Later they lay on the rug with a blanket pulled over them. “Will you move in, Brian? I want  you to be a part of our lives, in every way.”

“I can’t think of something I would rather do.”

“We will need to set some rules of the house.  I mean we will both be working long hours.  We need to set a time we must be home and if there is a reason we will be late we will let the other one know.”

“Of course, Sunshine.  We  need to do that.  I hate the thought of Aiden being with a babysitter so much.  I mean I know kids these days usually are and, hell, it would have been better for me to be with someone other than my parents but…”

“Brian, what would you think of my mom moving in with us? We would still need a babysitter part time but I think Mom would be willing to cut back on her hours at work and if she lived with us she wouldn’t need to work as much.  Of course that means when Molly comes home from school she would be here, too.”

“I think that is a perfect answer.  She could take the room downstairs so she has some privacy but if we are running late Aiden will have his grandma.”

“You’re sure? I mean, not every man wants his mother in law moving in.”

“The house is big enough for all of us and if she is willing I love the idea. Aiden deserves all the love and care he can get.”

“We could expand your mom’s room so she has room for a small sitting area.”

“Damn, I do love you.” Brian pulled Justin tightly against him. “I often think I should have stayed for the fight.  We wouldn’t have missed out on the last three years.”

“That’s true but you wouldn’t have Aiden and after meeting him, I don’t know if I could live without him.”

“Speaking of Aiden, he is going to be so happy when he sees you.  He’s been asking for you in his own way.”

“Well, may I suggest we get some sleep and then tomorrow, maybe we could take him to the zoo?”

“Maybe not, since it is supposed to be 100° but he will be thrilled just to spend the day with you.”

“Ya, the zoo will have to wait.  We could go to your new office and get it ready for your first day Monday.” Brian suggested.

“That actually would be helpful.  I didn’t want to spend the day away from him but if it was just me and him, I wouldn’t get anything done.”

“Well, Daddy, let’s get some sleep.” Brian nuzzled Justin’s neck and kissed him below his ear before relaxing against the pillow.  Soon they were both sleeping soundly.


When Brian woke up he heard Justin talking. “Hi, sweet boy.  Daddy will be home in a little while.  You eat breakfast for Grandma and then I will be home.  I have a surprise for you.” Brian walked up behind Justin and slipped his arms around him. He lifted Justin’s robe and let his erection slide along the valley between Justin’s cheeks. “Um, Mom, we’ll be there in about an hou…. Oh, god.” Justin hung up on Jenn as Brian thrust into him.  


Justin drove home. Brian was going to pack some of his clothes and he would be there within the hour.  As soon as he walked into the house, Aiden came running to him and wrapped his arms around Justin’s legs.  Justin scooped him up and threw him into the air as Aiden giggled loudly.

“Don’t blame me if he throws up on you.  He just finished breakfast.” Jenn walked in from the kitchen.  “Since you are home, I got a call about running into the office.  I will call later and see what your plans are.”

“Brian will be moving his stuff in.”

“Oh, Justin, I am so happy for all of you.”

“Mom, think about it but if you would be interested in moving in here, we would love it.  Brian was already talking about expanding the room off the kitchen.”

“I was wondering if you were serious about that.  I had a thought myself.  When Molly was still here last night I went up above the garage.  I thought I remembered this place saying something about an apartment.  There is one above the garage.  It would be perfect for me and Molly, when she is around. It needs a little upkeep and a good cleaning but….”

“Done.  I am sure Brian and his connections can get that done.”

“Sounds like this is going to work out well for all of us and after your phone call this morning, I think a little more privacy might be a good thing.” 

“I love you, Mom.  I don’t know what I would have done without you the last year.”

“I would do anything for you, Justin, just like you would do anything for Aiden.”

“I understand that now.  I would do anything for him.” He kissed his son who was squirming to get away.

“I am just happy things seem to be on the right path. I’m glad you finally realized he deserved a chance.”

“I always knew I loved him and I knew he loved me but I wasn’t sure love was enough.”

“Love has to be enough.  You give your all to the one you love and if you are both giving it all, it will work. Just let him know how you feel.  Brian isn’t good at reading your mind but he is good at coming up with solutions so talk to him.  You know how much I love you but you do have a tendency to shut down rather than talk it out.”

“Mom, remind me of that if I need it.”

“I will.  But I can see you know that yourself.  Now, I am out of here.  I don’t plan to be back today unless you need something.”

“I think we can manage and I will have Brian check out the apartment.”


Brian pulled up and unloaded his car.    He set everything at the front door and then knocked.  Justin answered the door, kissing Brian lightly.  Brian immediately started looking around for Aiden.

“I can tell I need to get used to being second in your life.”

“You will always be first in my life but we both need to put him first for now. So where is he?” 

Justin took his hand and led him around the corner where, the second he came around the corner he saw him.  Aiden was standing in a play pen and above him there was a sign. ‘Welcome home, Baba.”

“Oh, Aiden.”

As Brian crossed the room and picked him up, Aiden was babbling, “Babababababa,” and he stretched toward Brian.  

Brian lifted the little boy, “I have missed you so much.”

Justin’s heart melted when he saw the tears in Brian’s eyes.  He really did love his son.  Maybe he needed to practice saying 'their son.’  Justin kissed Aiden’s cheek and then Brian’s.  “Why don’t you two get reacquainted and I will take up some of your…”

“You don’t have to do that, Sunshine.”

“I know I don’t have to but I want to.”

“Before I forget, before I got here, I got a call from Lindsay.  They are coming home next weekend.  They are actually talking about moving back to Pittsburgh.  I get the feeling there is something she didn’t tell me but next weekend we will have Gus here.  I can’t wait for him to meet Aiden.”

“What do you think is going on with Lindsay and Mel?” 

“If I had to guess, they have been struggling. Gus doesn’t say much but I know how hard it was on him when we split.  Well, he may have to struggle through that again.  I offered to take Gus if they wanted to work on their marriage and no parent wants that but if they really  want it all to work, they may have to. Oh, Sunshine, I’m sorry.  I should have asked you before I offered…”

“Brian, our kids make us who we are.  Gus is always welcome.”

“I was just thinking the house is going to be crowded if your mom…”

“Oh, I almost forgot.  Come with me.”

“Well, what is your daddy up to?” Brian followed Justin out the back door and then started moving toward the garage.  

Justin stopped in his tracks. “There’s an apartment up there, isn’t there? I had totally forgotten!”

“Mom remembered seeing it in the specs for the place.  It is perfect for her and there is room for Molly when she visits.”

“Hey, big guy, can you go to your daddy for a minute?” Aiden protested a second but then he went to Justin.  Brian looked under the sink and then went to the electrical panel. “Thank god.”

“Are you trying to tell me you know anything about plumbing and electrics?”

“What I know is they both look updated.  About five years ago the house owners had major repairs done, planning on moving in but they ended up having to move out of town.  They had all the major work done.  I will call my contractor and see if he can squeeze us in for a couple days' work and one of the guys at the Safe Place has a lot of talent in this area so I think he can do a lot of the finishing work for us.”

“Oh, Bri, this is so perfect. I mean look at that open ceiling work.  Do you think we can keep it that way? It makes the place feel so much bigger.” 

“I am sure they can do something.  You’re right, it does give the place character.  It has two bedrooms up here.  Your mom could make the second into a multi use room that can be maybe a home office but have either a Murphy bed or sofa bed in it.”

“Oh, this is perfect.  She will be with us but we all will have our own space.”

“Let’s head to your office so you can get some final things done and this guy and I can make some phone calls.”


By the time they got home, it was late in the afternoon, and Aiden was fussy.  Justin was tired from setting up his office and he sighed as he picked up a crying Aiden out of the car seat.  Brian walked around and took Aiden from him.  “I think you need a hot bath and a cold drink.  I’ll give this guy a snack and then put him down for a nap.” 

They walked into the house and Justin turned and kissed Brian. “I love you, Brian.”  With that he walked up the steps.

“You know boy, if you think this will scare me off, you are wrong.  You and your daddy are stuck with me until the end of time. Now, let’s get you a treat.  Let’s get you some applesauce cheerios.  Sounds good to me.”

Brian’s calm voice had Aiden looking at him quizzically and by the time Brian set the food in front of him in his high chair, he had stopped crying and began eating cereal while Brian gave him a bite of applesauce and then took a bite himself.  “Your daddy has a headache.  He won’t admit it but I could see it in his beautiful eyes.”

By the time the treats were gone, Aiden’s head was sagging. “Let’s go take a nap little guy.  Rather than putting him in the playpen to sleep Brian sat in the overstuffed chair and draped the already snoozing little boy over his chest.  He dropped one hand to the side to stroke GC’s head while the other arm was wrapped tightly around the new love of his life.  

Forty-five minutes later, Brian stirred and looked at the clock.  He hoped Aiden would have had enough sleep to be happy for a couple hours before going to bed for the night.  Aiden looked up at him and grinned with his little teeth showing.  “Babababa.”

“Let’s change your backside and then we can go in the backyard for a while.”  

Brian was pushing the swing when he noticed GC look at the house and turned to see Justin walking out.  Brian almost forgot he was pushing Aiden.  The only word he could think of was soft.  He wanted to rush over to him and kiss him until they made love in the grass.  His skin was flushed from resting and his hair was mussed.

“Look who’s here, Aiden.”

“Dadada,” he said and then giggled. 

“Hey, you two.  Thanks for letting me sleep.”

“How’s your headache?” Brian pulled him into his arms and kissed him.

“How’d you know?”

“I know you. Is it better?”

“It is a lot better.  I’ll go start dinner.”

“Don’t.  I have ordered in.  It will be here in half an hour.”

Justin wrapped his arms around Brian’s waist and rested his head on his chest. “Brian, let’s get married.”

Brian pushed him to arms length and looked into his eyes. “Sunshine, you aren’t kidding are you? You are serious, right?”

“Yes, the sooner the better.”

“Well, we can’t get a license until Monday and then we have to wait a minimum of three days.”

Justin walked over to Aiden who was ready to get out of the swing and then they turned to face Brian, “Well, I think this little one is all in but I think we should talk to Gus before we get married again.  This can affect him, too, especially if he moves in with us.”

“I know he will be excited but you're right.  We will get the license over lunch sometime this week and then, once Gus gives us his blessing, we can plan a weekend wedding sometime.  We can take our boys and get married before spending time with them.”

“Can we really do this? Should we be doing this?”  Justin walked back to Brian and leaned against him.

“I think we were meant to break up for a few reasons.  It shocked me to my senses and got me to organize Safe Place.  And you needed to leave so you could bring this guy back to us.”  Brian leaned down and kissed Justin but soon Aiden was trying to push them apart.  “Young man, that is one behavior I will not accept.  You cannot stop your daddy and me from kissing.  I need that to breathe.”

“Don’t lie to the boy.” Justin laughed.

“Who’s lying? I felt like I couldn’t breathe the last three years and ever since Montana, it has been so much easier.”


Two hours later Aiden was asleep in his bed and Brian and Justin were sitting on the loveseat in their bedroom. “It will be so nice when it cools off and we can light this fireplace.” Justin said as he leaned into Brian.

“It will, how’s your headache?”

“Mostly gone.  Being able to lay down for that hour was what I needed and I didn’t have to worry about Aiden because I knew he was in good hands.” He brought Brian’s hand to his mouth and kissed the palm.  He then moved to the hollow of his throat and then he brought his mouth to Brian’s.  He pushed Brian back so he was half laying half sitting.  Justin moved so they were lying chest to chest. They managed to take off their shirts so they relaxed skin to skin.  “Why are we on this cozy couch when there is a massive bed right over there?” Brian smiled and he brushed Justin’s hair out of his face.

Justin stood and offered his hand to Brian.  Soon they were in bed naked.  “Brian, are you sure you are ready to do this again?”

“I don’t have any doubt.  Gus won’t either.  You know he loves you.  When you left I honestly thought he loved you more than me and I understand that.  I treated you like shit.”

“That’s over.  We both had some maturing to do and now, we are both ready to be fathers.  I really hope Lindsay and Mel will let him stay with us for a while.  Lindsay emailed and said she is moving with or without Mel.  Whether he lives with us full time or just part time will depend on whether or not Mel comes, too.  If she does, I am going to fight to get Gus to stay with us most of the time.  I don’t want Gus to live in their caos.  I would have never had him stay with us when we were falling apart.  I think they get that. They may not care for each other right now but they both love our son.”

“I agree but we should support them if we can.”

“I know,” Brian’s hand slipped under the sheet and traveled slowly and playfully down Justin’s chest, first circling his nipples and then moving down to his navel. As his fingers travelled down his glory trail Justin’s whole body shivered. “Justin, do you trust me?”

“You know I do, why?”

“I haven’t been with anyone but you in six months. I tested clean just last week.”

“Yes, Brian, I don’t want anything between us.  Not now, not ever.”

“Make love to me and tomorrow we will tell everyone our news before moving more of your stuff in.” Justin laid on his back.

“There is nothing I would rather do.”  As Justin held his knees and Brian moved into position, he bent and kissed him as he invaded him.  “Damn, how did I live without you?”  Neither of them talked as they made love and when they lay side by side, fingers entwined. Brian looked over and said, “I think I just figured it out.”

“What did you figure out, Bri.”

“How I lived without you.”

“And what did you decide?” Justin rolled so his head rested on Brian’s chest.

“I wasn’t really living. This is what gives me life, you and now your son.” Brian kissed the top of his head.  “I love you more now than I ever did before.”

As Justin brought his mouth to Brian’s they heard Aiden fuss, “We will have to teach that boy about timing.” Justin kissed him as he got up.  

“We’ll work on that.”