- Text Size +

Chapter 8


Brian and Justin gave their full attention to Aiden and as the day went on, he seemed to perk up a bit although he was a bit whinier than normal.  And by the end of the weekend, Justin felt much better.  Gus had come home very excited on Sunday evening but as soon as he heard his little brother was not feeling well he got concerned.  Brian and Justin both spent time with him to hear about his weekend with his moms and both of them could tell he was relaxed and had had a great time.  When it was time for him to go to bed, Brian went in to say goodnight.

“Dad, what’s wrong with Aiden?”

“It is hard to tell with someone Aiden’s age but little kids get sick and get better all the time.  Ted’s friend, Victor, did come and check him over.  He took a little blood to test but it could be just because he is growing a lot right now or could be getting teeth.  So you had fun at your moms? They behaved?”  Brian smiled as he said it.

“Dad, they are really trying.  They were nice to each other and I could tell they were really trying.  I even saw them on the couch kissing and I hadn’t seen that in a long time.”

“I am sorry you were subject to something like that, Gus.” Brian sounded very concerned.

“Dad, you and Justin are always kissing in front of me.”

“I know but to have to watch two women do it….yuck.”  Brian smiled to hear his son laugh.  “I’m so glad they are doing better.  Did they ask you to move back?”

“No, but they asked if I wanted to go back next weekend. If you don’t want me to…”

“Gus, they are your moms.  We’re your dads.  We think we are grown up enough to share you. Just promise me you don’t start playing the games where if you get upset with me or Justin that you don’t run there and then if you get mad at them you want to run back here.  Promise me you will talk to us and all of us can work it out.”

“I’ll try, Dad.” Gus hugged Brian and as he laid down, Brian covered him up. 

“I love you, Gus.”

“Love you, too, Dad.  I hope Aiden is all better in the morning.”


Justin was glad his mom offered to stay home with Aiden on Monday and if he had no changes, he would go to the daycare they had finally chosen for him after the wedding, on Tuesday. Justin spent an extra hour at the house with them and then left and stopped by the doctor’s office on his way to work.  “Well, Justin, I am glad you stopped by.  I wish I had answers for you.  I did run a quick test and he is low on iron so the vitamins I gave you can’t hurt anything.  I dropped the blood sample at the lab yesterday and they will run some tests. How was your beautiful son this morning.”

“He is not himself but he is better than he was Saturday.  He doesn’t just cry all the time but he is still extra clingy.  My mom stayed home with him today but hopefully he will just get better and tomorrow he can go back to daycare.”

“I am thinking the results will be in on Wednesday.  I did talk sweetly to the lab techs so maybe they will be done tomorrow.” Victor smiled at Justin trying to dispel some of his worries.  “Justin, you are a good dad.  It is obvious your boy is so very loved and you and Brian only want what is best for him.  I will probably just call you in just so I can show you the results.  He is 18 months old.  It is a good time to review his weight and height too.  You had them send his records here already so I will keep a late afternoon appointment open on Wednesday and hopefully that will work for you and or Brian.”

“We can make it work.  Just have the office text me the exact time and I will clear my calendar but if you find something out earlier, you know I will come no matter what.”

“Justin, relax.” Victor gave him a hug.  “I will be in touch. Now I have an appointment.”

“Thank you for everything, Victor.” Justin turned back to the desk to collect his insurance card. 

“We love Dr. Victor.  He is a wonderful person and a great doctor.  You have one of the best.”

Justin smiled at the kind woman behind the desk. He took his insurance card from her and said, “He is a good friend and it is obvious he cares about his patients and not just because he is getting married to an old friend.”

“Oh, we love Ted, too.  He has made Dr.Victor so happy. I can’t wait to meet your little boy.” The bubbly woman made Justin feel comfortable.  He had to smile as he walked out of the building. Ted was a lucky guy.  He was happy for his friend.  


Ted called Victor near the end of the day, “Hey Vic, what time do you plan to be home today?”

“I am leaving now,” Victor’s voice didn’t sound as chipper as usual.

“Is something wrong, darling?”

“We’ll talk when we have dinner.  I will pick something on the way home.”

“Alright.  I should be home shortly after you.  I have to stop by Brian’s office before I leave the building.”

“How is Brian today? Has he checked on little Aiden?”

I am not sure. Vic, is it Aiden that…”

“I love you, Teddy.  I will see you in about an hour and a half?”

“Probably a little before that. I love you, too.” Ted hung up and looked toward Brian’s office.  Why did he have a knot in his stomach?

By the time Ted left Brian’s office, he felt a little better.  Brian had talked to Jenn who said Aiden had eaten lunch well and although he wasn’t in a super mood he wasn’t crying.  He felt better thinking it couldn’t be Aiden he was so worried about.


Lindsay had just left Justin’s office.  They weren’t sure what exactly her title was and Justin knew if she could find a job in her area she would be leaving but for now she was willing to help any way she could and Justin was sure he could use her.  He was just reading an email that came from a client when there was a knock on his office door.

“Come in.” Justin finished the last line before looking up.  He expected it to be his assistant but he caught his breath when Daklin was standing there.

“There was no one at the front desk and I saw your  name on the door.  Not a shabby office for a brand new business.”

“What are you doing here, Dak?”

“Here in the office or here in Pittsburgh?” 

Justin used to think that kind of comment reminded him of something Brian would say but now he realized it wasn’t clever.  It was just a bitchy comment. “Both.” He said flatly.  Without him noticing, Justin pushed a button on his desk phone.  It was an intercom that went directly to Brian’s office.  Brian had put it in when he was splitting his time between the old and the new office.  He had know idea if Brian was in his office or in meetings but if he was there, he could hear everything in this office.

“Well, you are trying to take all my rights away as Aiden’s parent.  You first say you are taking him on an extended vacation and then you don’t come back.”

“I was allowed to do that.  Remember, the judge gave me full custody.”  Justin stood and walked over to him facing off to him squarely.

“Only because he liked blonds better than brunettes.  How often did you have to blow him to talk him into that decision?” Daklin sneered at Justin.  “You never lacked in the looks department. Lacking in the bedroom, now there you fell short often.” He glared at Justin’s crotch.  

Justin was sure he saw Dak’s own fly start to rise. “If I remember correctly you wanted me to move in after I blew you the first time but that really doesn’t matter.  I did nothing illegal and you didn’t want anything to do with Aiden when we lived in the same city.  Why do you want him now?”

“Why do I want him? You want the truth or what I’m going to say to the judge?”

“Oh, the truth, please.” Justin said looking him straight in the eye.

“The truth is I want him because you have him. You took him from me.  I’m the one who wanted a child.  I wanted your child.”

“Oh, I finally figured that out, Dak.  You figured if we shared my child, you would have complete control over me.  Did you really think I was so …..”

“You were, Justin.  From the first night I had power over you.  If only you hadn’t found out about my side piece, you would have never left.  You didn’t have it in you.  You were still mooning over….what’s his name? Oh ya, Brian Kinney.  Justin, you know you had it good with me.  You know I would provide.  All you had to do was sit at home, do your little side job, and take care of our son.  Like you are going to make this place succeed.  You aren’t good enough…”

Before Daklin knew what was going on Brian had pinned Daklin against the wall of Justin’s office. “Dorklin, I presume?”

“Who the hell are you? Get your fuckin’ hands off me!”

“You need to apologize to Justin.”

“I told you to get your hands off of me!”

Brian pushed him even firmer against the wall, “I am not usually a violent man but when I hear someone threatening my husband, I just can’t ignore it.”

“I don’t owe him anything except for the court order that was delivered to his lawyer and now a restraining order against you.”

“Well, if you’re going to process a restraining order I might as well make it worth your while.” Brian pulled back an arm and his fist connected with Daklin’s nose. He then dropped him as he put his hands up to his face and Brian rubbed his knuckles where they had connected.

“That was stupid, Kinney.  Your first mistake was marrying this wimp for a second time. Your second mistake, hitting me, is just what I need to get our son back.  And then it will be you begging to see him.”  With that Daklin rushed out of the office.

“Sunshine, are you alright? He didn’t touch you, did he?” Brian went to put his arms around Justin. 

“He’s right, you know.  I am weak.  I didn’t stand up for you or myself.  If you hadn’t come I probably would have let him…”

“I do not believe for a minute you would have let him touch you if that was what he was asking for.  I might have screwed it up by touching him.”

“Thank you for standing up for me.  He would have never done that.” He was pacing now.  “You heard us on the intercom?”

“Yes, I did and I turned on the built in recording system so hopefully, everything he said was recorded which I hope is enough if he goes through with the court hearings. Now, lock this place up.  We are going to go see our son.”


Ted arrived home and as he walked in Victor wrapped his arms around him and as he kissed him he rested his hand on Ted’s ass pulling him in.  By the time they separated, Ted ended up rusting against Victor.  “Please don’t ever leave me.  I can’t go back to an empty home again.”

“Oh,you will never have to worry about that.  I can’t say we won’t be separated a night or two but my closet will never be empty.” He kissed Ted again but this time it was gentle and coaxing and then if a kiss could turn sad, it did.  

They separated once again but Victor kept Ted’s hand in his.  He opened the containers of food and Ted got plates and cutlery.  Victor opened a bottle of wine and grabbed two wine glasses as they both sat down. Victor ate for several minutes before he finally started talking.  Ted had learned his man’s moods and behaviors and knew when he was ready he would open up.

“Ted, it isn’t certain yet but I am almost sure Aiden has a serious disease.  I am still waiting for the results but I have seen all the symptoms before.”

“Oh, Victor, what is it?  Please tell me there is a treatment.”

“The name of it is Beta Thalassemia.  It is a blood disease.  Of course, I could still be wrong.”

“But you don’t think so.” Ted put his arm around Victor’s shoulders and poured him more wine.

“No, I am fairly sure he has it.  What I don’t know is what version he has. One is serious but not too hard to treat. The other would mean a lifetime of transfusions and a lot of other complications that would go along with it.”  Victor rested his head on Ted’s shoulder.

“I have grown to love them all already.  I just can’t imagine how hard it will be if he has the severe form.  It is unlikely he would make it to adulthood.”

“Oh Victor, that would kill both of them and Gus….he is just feeling comfortable and safe.”

“You don’t think I know that,” he snapped and then he looked at Ted’s face.  “I am sorry, my love.  I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

“I know.”

“Je t'aime tellement ma chérie. (I love you, my darling)

“You know I love you. Now, finish your dinner because if Aiden is very sick, you are going to need to be at peak performance and speaking of performance…” Ted kissed him, “I think you and I can…”

Victor smiled at him.  You know I can never say no to you my love….and I don’t want to.”


 Before the end of the evening, Mel had gotten a call from Daklin’s lawyer and Brian and Justin found her on their doorstep. “Kinney, what the hell did you do this time?”  Mel noticed her son at the top of the stairs. “Hey, Gus, how are you?”

“Mama,” Gus came down the steps. “Be nice to Dad.  Aiden was sick all weekend and he and Justin are still waiting to hear from the doctor.”

Mel put an arm around Gus when he got to the bottom of the stairs. She kissed the top of his head. “I’m sorry.  You are right, Gus.  Have you heard anything, Brian?”

“No, but he has done pretty well today.  It was probably just some weird virus or something.  Right now we have an appointment with Victor on Wednesday.” Brian looked at their soon, “Gus, why don’t you go up and see if Justin and Aiden are ready for dinner.”

“Ok, I’ll be right back, Mama.”

“I am sorry I came in here yelling, Brian.  I was just blindsided this afternoon. Did you really hit the guy?”

“I did but that was only after he threatened Justin.”

“But I’m guessing you don’t have proof of that, do you.  I mean his word against yours…”

“Actually, I did record it.  It is at my office and I haven’t had a chance to listen to it.  I don’t know how much of it is clear but with technology, I would think they could clean it up.”

“You recorded it?”

“Long story but Justin and I have an intercom between our offices and I just hit record when he buzzed me.  I am not sure why.”

“Well, that is something. Brian, until we have a court date, and I expect that to be soon, you cannot be found near him,  Justin’s ex or his lawyer anyway, has some connections in town.  And whatever you do, don’t threaten him again.”

Justin slipped in with Aiden and appeared next to Brian. Mel smiled as Brian reached for the little boy who immediately dropped his head on Brian’s shoulder.

“Lindz told me Aiden wasn’t feeling well.  I hope he has a full recovery soon.” Mel addressed Justin.

“He seems really tired but right now, as you can see, he is settled.  He is a little pale. It is probably just some sort of bug.  Do we have any idea when this will go before a judge?” Justin put his arm around Brian and rested his head on Brian’s arm.

“I’ll leave you.  I’ll go say goodbye to Gus if you don’t mind.”

“No, of course.”

“I’ll call you as soon as I hear anything and let us know if there is anything we can help with, with this little guy.” Mel headed up the steps to Gus’ room.  Brian wrapped his free arm around Justin and held him close.  “Hey, Aid, shall we get some dinner? Your grandma has something in the oven for us.  I can smell it.”  Brian kissed Justin’s head.  “Did Victor say anything this morning?”

“No, we have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon.  I don’t have an exact time yet, but he wants to check Aiden over again and by then blood results will be in.  If you have meetings I can…”

“I am going with you no matter what time it is.”

“I love you, Brian.  I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have you right now.  When Dak said I was weak, he wasn’t lying.  I really am.”

“Oh, Justin, you are so wrong.  You are so strong.  You are smart and are willing to let someone else help you but you help everyone around you.  I mean, look at what you do for Gus and I would never have started Safe Place without you pushing me by leaving.  Relying on a partner, a friend is not a sign of weakness.  The difference is, from everything I have heard and seen, Dak doesn’t truly partner with anyone.”

“Well…” Brian kissed him, stopping his comment.  

“Why don’t you pull dinner out of the oven and I will go change this diaper and get his big brother.”

As the four ate dinner, Gus carried a lot of the conversation.  He had finally started making friends at school and he was doing well with his classes.  He had seen a counselor a few times who still wanted to see him about once a month for a couple more months but then, if nothing changed he would stop visits all together by the first of the year.  Both Justin and Brian asked questions and were interested in what he was saying.  Justin had fed Aiden as they talked but by now Aiden was asleep in Justin’s arms.  Justin tried not to show how worried he was about his little boy. Maybe he was sleeping because he was getting better. There was just something about the way Victor spoke this morning had him nervous.

Brian cleaned up the kitchen with Gus’ help and Jusitn went upstairs to put Aiden down.  When Gus came upstairs and got ready for bed, Justin tapped on his door.

“Come in, Justin.”

“How did you know it was me?”

“You knock different than Dad.” Gus was laying on the bottom bunk of his bedroom.  Justin laid down next to him, putting his arms around Gus and he sighed loudly. “Who is Dak?” Gus asked loudly.

“He is the man I was with when Aiden was born.”

“Did he do something bad? I wasn’t trying to eavesdrop but I heard you talking about him when Mama was here.”

“We don’t want you to worry about it because Mel will definitely win but he says he wants custody of Aiden.  We will never let him take him away.”

“Did you talk to Dr. Victor about Aiden today?”

“I did but he doesn’t have any answers yet. We have an appointment on Wednesday.”

“Justin, would it be easier if I stayed with my moms for a while?”

“Oh, Gus, you don’t have to do that.  I would miss you.”

I just want you to know that I would understand if while you have to see a judge and stuff you want me to go to my moms.”

“Oh, Gus, that is so sweet of you.” Justin ran his fingers through his dark, wavy hair, so much like his fathers. “If we have to be in court for a long time, it might be easier on you to be out of here so if you want to go, we will understand, too.”

Gus cuddled a little closer to Justin.  “I love Aiden. I don’t want anything bad to be wrong with him.”

“Oh, honey, he loves you, too.  Now I think you should get some sleep.”

When Brian got upstairs he looked for Justin and then he found him asleep next to Gus. He gently shook his shoulder and Justin smiled at him.  He slipped out of bed and covered Gus before they walked out of the room.  As soon as they were in the hall, Brian pressed Justin against the wall and kissed him.

“And that is exactly what I was talking about.  With such ease, you put him at ease.  You are here for all of us.”

“Can we go to bed?  I am really tired.”

“Come on, Sunshine, let me tuck in you...oops, tuck you in.”

“Oh, you may tuck in me.  Knowing how much you love us is the only thing that is keeping me going.  I don’t know what I am more worried about, my ex or Aid.  I keep thinking if only I hadn’t left you but then I know I wouldn’t have Aiden.” They walked hand in hand to the nursery and peeked in at him before they entered the master. “Brian, promise me all these issues will never be too much.  If you would decide you just can’t…”

“Oh, Sunshine, you aren’t really going to finish that sentence are you? You couldn’t get rid of me if you tried.” He pulled Justin to him and just held him.  He felt him trembling.  “Is it Aiden or is it Daklin that is worrying you the most?”

“Oh Bri, I can’t even think about Aiden being anything but healthy.  I can’t imagine having my baby go through….”

“Just remember you aren’t doing this alone.  You have an army of support, including an excellent doctor who I think has a crush on our son.” Brian smiled at him and then started to undress him, dropping kisses on his lips and skin as he bared it.  Justin just allowed him to do it.  He had no energy to reciprocate. Brian guided him to their bed and once Justin had laid down, Brian quickly stripped and got into bed next to him.  He continued his attention to Justin with touches and kisses.  He let his fingers probe and stretch him so as he eventually entered him, Justin was prepared. Justin focused on the feeling he had as Brian began to move slowly and he allowed himself, if only for a few moments, to forget his worries and enjoy the pleasure of his husband.


It was noon when Ted walked into Brian’s office.  “Hey Theodore, I have to say that new man of yours is a gem.” He laughed a bit at his own out of date comment but then he noticed the look on Ted’s face.  “What’s up? Is that shoe deal still causing problems?”

“Brian, Victor said he tried to call your cell and you didn’t answer.”

Brian was completely serious now.  “I just walked in from that meeting with the business that wants to rent the upper floors.  “What is it? Did he call Sunshine?”

“Brian, I don’t know details.  He’s your son’s doctor and he takes his job seriously.  I just know he wants you and Justin to be in his office, with Aiden, at 3:30.  I told Cynthia to clear your schedule and, I maybe shouldn’t have done it, but I had her call Lindsay at Justin’s office so she was going to make sure he was free.”

“Thanks, Ted.  So Justin doesn’t know….hell, you have an idea what is wrong.  Ted, this is going to kill Justin, no matter what is wrong.”

“Brian, I honestly don’t know what it is.  I do know that Victor has to run more tests to know the severity of what is going on.”

“Damn,” Brian turned around so he wasn’t looking at Ted.  “What am I going to say to Justin?”

“Brian, together, you can handle anything and, well, if I can do anything, you know i am here for you.” He rested a hand on Brian’s shoulder.

“You always have been, Ted. I know I have taken advantage of you.  Since the day I hired you, you have been in 100% and not only as the COO but also as a friend.”  Brian turned to face him, “We have an army of support and I know Victor is the best in his field.  I have done some research.  Aiden will be alright.  He has to be because our life has finally fallen into place and Aiden is a big part of that.” Brian took a deep breath. “I think I will take Justin for a late lunch and break it to him and then we will get our son and see what kind of fight we are up against.”

Brian let Lindsay in on the plan for the day and she offered to pick up Gus from school and she would take him to her place until she heard from Brian or Justin.  He was happy for the offer. He knew they would tell Gus everything but it might take them a little time to adjust themselves.


Brian tried not to alert Justin and he picked him up at 1:30.  He picked a deli near the daycare and one that had a small area that was out of the way so they could have some privacy.  After they sat down and were handed menus, Justin reached over and took Brian’s hand.  “What are you hiding?”

“Hiding?” Brian started to come up with something but then stopped. “Let’s order and then we can talk.”

“I don’t think I am hungry anymore.” Justin said but Brian waved the server over and ordered a sandwich and a salad along with sodas.

“We can share,” he said and as soon as their sodas arrived he took a big swallow.

“Brian, it’s Aiden isn’t it.”

“Sunshine, we have an appointment with Victor at 3:00.  I already told the daycare we were picking him up early and Lindsay is picking up Gus.”

“What is it, Brian.  What’s wrong with my baby?”

“I honestly don’t have any idea.  I know they are going to need to run more tests to see if whatever it is, is the mild form or a more severe form of whatever it is.” Brian watched Justin as he made himself stay composed. Brian switched sides and moved next to him on his side of the booth. “We just need to be ready for anything.”

“How do you prepare to find out your child is seriously ill? Tell me that, Brian!” Brian wrapped his arms around Brian and held him as he shook.

“Justin, whatever it is, he is going to need us, both of us and that means you need to eat,” he looked at the food that had just been set down. “So eat half a sandwich and some salad and then we will pick up our son and deal with whatever it is.”

They shared the meal.  As Justin ate the last of his sandwich he stopped.  “Brian, what do you think this will mean to the custody case.  What if he makes all this our fault? What if it is our fault?”

“Darling, one thing at a time.”

“You’re right.  Brian, we aren’t going to lie to him but let’s not mention it to Daklin.  If the time comes we will but I don't want him to use it against us somehow.”

“Of course.  That asshole doesn’t deserve anything but, yes, we can’t lie about anything because that could jeopardize our fight.” Brian saw Justin’s stricken face. He turned a bit and tilted Justin’s face up so they were eye to eye.  “That boy is not leaving us but there is the possibility of visitation and if I have anything to say about it, he will not spend one hour with that despicable man.” He wrapped his arms around Justin and they sat in silence for several minutes.

Finally,  Justin pulled away slightly.  He sat up straight and said, “Let’s go get our son and find out how we can get him better.”


Brian and Justin sat on one side of the desk while Vincent sat on the other. He had finished checking Aiden over and they had done another blood draw for a few more tests.  Aiden in Brian’s arms still whimpering for the needle but he rested his head on Brian’s shoulder and as Vincent started talking he dozed off.

“I am sure you have figured out that I have found something.  I don’t have all the answers yet but I can tell you that your son has a form of Beta Thalassemia, TDT for short.   I am sure you have no idea what that is but it is a blood condition.  His lethargy and paleness is caused by it.  His weight and height is also lagging behind just slightly at this point.  There are different severities and that is why I drew more blood.” Brian reached over and took Justin’s hand with his free one. “If he has a severe form of it, it is not good, but that is highly unlikely and there are different treatments depending on what the new tests tell us.”

“So give me the worst.”

“It would require transfusions on a consistent basis.  He would be much more susceptible to many other conditions. What I am hoping for and what is more likely is a less severe form.  It is treatable, no matter what but I am hoping that medication and close monitoring will get it under control.  I should have explained it.  There is an enzyme in his blood that isn’t working as well as it should.  That means the proteins in his blood don’t break down like they should. I will have the answer soon.  We then can make a plan.”

“Victor, what caused this? Is it something I did? Could it have been prevented?”

“Justin, it is a genetic condition.  Many people are carriers but have no clue.  Either you or his birth mother must be a carrier.”

“I knew I should have required more medical history for her before….” Justin started to say but Victor stopped him.

“Justin, it is something she probably has no idea she is a carrier for and if you had changed anything else, this beautiful boy would not be who he is. As an intern I worked with one of the most knowledgeable doctors in this field.  I have already contacted him and once we run the next tests I will consult with him to find the best option for Aiden.”

Brian squeezed Justin’s hand. ”Victor, thank you for being up front with us.  What can we do for him while we are waiting for the results?”

“You are doing it.  Both of you are loving him.  I am going to give you another medication and keep giving him the iron you have for him.  I want you both to believe me when I say, I don’t expect this to be a severe case.  If it is the mild form he will be able to live a long happy life with just a few small issues that can be dealt with. His temperament may be off because he just doesn’t feel like himself but once the medication does its thing he will learn to adjust and I am sure, with all the love he gets, he will thrive.”


By the time they walked out and Brian  had Aiden strapped into his carseat, Justin was already doing a search on his phone.  

“Talk to me, Sunshine.”

“What’s there to say? Our boy has a condition, TDT. And he will overcome this because we will do anything for him.”

“Do you want to go home now or do you want to pick up Gus before we go home?”

“I need to see Gus.  Let’s pick him up.” Justin called Lindsay and let her know their plans and then Mel came on the line.

“Justin, I don’t know if this is good or bad but somehow your case is on the docket for this Friday.” 

“How did that happen?” Justin put the phone on speaker.

“My paralegal did a little research and found out that your ex has an uncle that plays golf with this judge.  Since they are not related there is nothing illegal with it however….”

“What can we do about it?” Brian asked.

“Nothing.  But that recording you gave me might be all we need.  I had it cleaned up and it is obvious he was threatening Justin.  That will be good enough to stop him from getting custody.”

“And visitation?” Justin asked.  Mel was silent.

 

Brian looked over at him.  “Justin, let’s worry about one thing at a time. Let’s get him healthy. At least he is too young to be asked to talk in court.  Hopefully, he will be getting better by the time the judge says he is 100% ours.