- Text Size +

Chapter 9


By the time they drove home they filled Gus in the best they could.  They didn’t tell him about the worst case scenario but they did tell him that Aiden had a serious condition but it could be treated with medicine. It was enough to satisfy him and to make him worried.   

As Brian stretched out his long frame next to his son on his bed.  He was built so much like him, Brian thought. They talked.  Gus didn’t understand Aiden’s particular disease but he understood the concept.  What he didn’t understand was why some strange guy was trying to take Aiden away from their family. 

“Dad, I want to go to court with you.”

“Gus, I don’t think that is the best idea.  I mean, it will just be Mel and the other guy’s lawyer yelling at each other.  Oh, and a judge will interrupt them once in a while.”

“He can’t really get Aiden can he? I mean, he’s my brother. Dad, I need to be there! I mean if that judge tries to say he has to go, I want to be there to tell him he can’t”

Brian thought about it for a minute and then pulled his big hearted son against him, “I’ll talk to Justin about it. I don’t know if it is the best idea but you are one of the family so I can see why you would want to be there.”

“Ok, Dad. I’m his big brother.  I need to be there.” Gus said it as he drifted off to sleep. As Brian got out of the bed,  GC jumped in and snuggled up against Gus who instinctively draped his arm over his dog.

Brian felt arms wrap around his waist and turned to see Justin just inside the doorway.  They walked out the door but left it open for GC to go as he pleased.  “Did Aiden go down?”

“Yes, he still isn’t his bright, happy self but at least he isn’t in pain. I just can’t deal with him crying because he hurts and I can’t do anything about it.”

“Sunshine, being there for him is all he wants most of the time and you always are.”

“That’s just not enough sometimes.  How was Gus? He looked like he was sleeping.”

“He wants to go to court on Friday.  He said he is part of the family and that is where he belongs. I couldn’t argue with him. I think it would be good for him to come.”

“I’m not sure if I like the idea but I think he needs to.  I would have done anything for Molly at that age.  It is kind of the code of the big brother.”

“My family didn’t have any kind of code but I am very proud he wants to and maybe his sad face will work on the Judge if needed.”

“If anyone can, it would be your son. I am going to read up on TDT.  I need to understand this a little better.”

“Justin, it’s not going to change anything and you need your sleep. You only sleep half the night.”

“And you sleep the other half.  Neither of us have gotten a good night's sleep for over a week.”

“Well, staying up to read those details isn’t going to change anything, especially since we don’t know all the details yet.”

“But Brian, I…” 

“Fine.  I’ll get us each a drink and we can study it together.”  Brian went over to the bar and poured them each a glass of scotch.  In Justin’s he dropped a sleeping pill and then he quickly stirred it before walking over and giving it to Justin, who took a big swig. As they looked over the websites for the next fifteen minutes, Justin kept sipping his drink and then, all of the sudden, he knew what had happened.

“Bri, what did you do?” He turned to look at him but his brain felt like it was swimming.

“I’m sorry, Sunshine, but you need a good sleep.”  Brian helped Justin stand and walked him to the bed where he quickly helped him remove his pants and shirt.  

“But if Aiden...I need to be able to…”

Brian got in bed behind him.  “I will take care of Aiden if he wakes up.” He kissed him gently.  “Sleep, my love.”


On Thursday, after two days on the medication, they had gone back to Vincent’s office so they could do another blood draw to see what the numbers said.  As they left the clinic they were sure someone was following them. As soon as they arrived home, they called Ted who called the security company they used for the business.  Within a couple hours they had an armed security guard outside their house. Gus thought it was kind of cool at first but as the evening went on he stayed close to one of the adults in the house. Jenn had been staying home with Aiden.  They decided it was better to keep him at the house, not only to keep an eye on him with his new medication but, because they were worried Daklin might try to pull something at the daycare. 

On Friday Justin, Brian, and Gus dressed up and headed to the courthouse, leaving the guard at the house.  There had been a debate, even Thursday night, if Gus should be going.  Mel didn’t want him to come but, after she found out someone was following them, she agreed he could come to the hearing.  

At 10:00 a.m. Brian and Justin, along with Gus, sat in the front row of the courtroom.  Mel sat at the front table in front of them.  Daklin and an older man walked in and sat across from them and his lawyer walked to the front table and stopped to talk to Mel.  Justin whispered to Brian, “That’s his uncle.  I never met him but I remember seeing pictures of him.  I think he is from Philadelphia.”

Daklin caught Justin’s attention and just smiled at him.  Brian readjusted his position so Dak could no longer see him. Gus sat between his fathers and reached to take Justin’s hand.  

The other lawyer went and sat down and Mel turned around, “Fuck, Mel, is it that bad?” Brian asked after seeing her face.

“If what he said is true,” Mel saw their son’s face and leaned close to Brian’s ear.  “If you don’t agree to move to Washington they will ask for full custody.”

“Like hell they will!” Brian said loudly.

“Brian, they have a chance. This judge was not my choice.  I tried to get someone else but…”

“All rise.” a bailiff said, interrupting their conversation.

The judge walked in and once he was sitting everyone around them took a seat.   He set the groundwork for the hearing.  He let them know they would not call witnesses.  The lawyers would tell the judge why Aiden belonged with each parent and then, the judge would  review both sides and then he would come back and ask any questions he had.

Mel told the judge how Justin was the only parent Aiden had ever known.  She told him about the family they had created and how much love there was in the home.  She told them about the financial security they had and that there was a loving grandmother nearby.

Then Daklin’s lawyer stood.  The story he painted was of Daklin being cast off when Aiden was born.    He said that Justin first froze him out and then ran away, taking Daklin’s child away.  That before he knew it Justin had moved across the country and fell right back into bed with his ex. He then went on and on about Daklin’s broken heart and devastation from losing his family.  

The look on the Judge’s face went hard and cold.  By the time he stepped out to review the case, he was glaring at Mel and over her to Brian and Justin.

Daklin and his uncle stood and before walking out, Dak smirked at Justin and softly said, “Looks like you already got one kid, there is no way you are going to have two.”  He winked directly at Brian before they walked out of the room.

Once Mel watched the door close, she spoke to Brian and Justin.  “I know you didn’t want to bring up Aiden’s illness but the lawyer asked me  why the ‘kid’ was at the doctor so often.  Obviously we know who was following you.”

“I think we already realized that. I just wish I could have figured out why he was asking.  I couldn’t decide if he wanted to say you caused something or if they were just trying to find out if he was sick.”

“You didn’t tell them...” Justin jumped in.

“I didn’t tell them anything.  I just wonder if we played up…”

“Mama, why would we lie about that.  We don’t know how sick my little brother is and you want to lie to people?”

“Oh, Gus, I didn’t mean it that way.  Honey, we are all worried about your little brother and if there is anything we can do….”

“Then win this case for us!” Gus yelled.

“Whoa, Gus, that’s no way to talk to your mom,” Brian corrected Gus. “Yes, she is your mom but right now she is our lawyer and she is doing the best any lawyer could do.”

“But, DAD, she doesn’t even know what to do next. I would know what to say.”

Brian put his hand on Gus’ shoulder and steered him down the aisle.  “I think Gus needs a little break.” He nodded at Mel telling her to stay with Justin without using words.

Brian saw Daklin and his party at one end of the large public area and he guided Gus to a small alcove.  “Dad, I hate him.  What that other guy said wasn’t true.  Justin didn’t steal Aiden.  How can you steal something that belongs to you. That guy could never love him like we do and would he take care of him now that he is sick?”

Gus clapped both hands over his own mouth.  He knew they were keeping this a secret.  Brian turned to see if Daklin was looking in their direction.  He wasn’t but Brian did notice his uncle standing nearby on his phone. “I’m sorry, Dad.  I should have…” Gus started crying.  

Brian wrapped his arms around his son and held him close. He sat down so he was at Gus’ level and spoke very quietly, “Gus, don’t worry about it.  You didn’t do anything wrong.  Do you want to go home? I am sure Ted would pick you up and you could go help care for Aiden.”

“No, I want to stay here. I need to be here.” Gus put his head on  Brian’s shoulder.  “I don’t want to be a baby but my heart hurts.  What if that man takes my brother?” 

“Oh, Gus,” Brian’s heart was breaking for Gus. Hell, his heart was breaking for all of them.  Mel was worried and she didn’t worry very often. He wiped Gus’ eyes and they both got a drink at the water fountain before they headed back in.  

Mel was sitting next to Justin.  He could see by the set of his shoulders that he had shut down.   He was sitting up so straight it looked like there was a rod up his back. “Gus, can you have your mom show you her table for a minute?”

“Sure.  You want to talk to Justin.  I understand that.” Gus walked up to Mel and took her hand and started to point at stuff in the front of the courtroom and Mel led him away to show him something at the side of the room.

Brian sat next to Justin and didn’t say anything but wrapped his arms around him.  Justin’s arms went around him and clung to Brian. “We can’t lose him.  He’s my son and he’s sick and if he takes him I have to move. I can’t be across the country from him.  He doesn’t even know him.  How will I know if he has a good doctor?”

“Justin, you need to take a deep breath and pull yourself together. We will do whatever it takes but if the judge asks you to talk, you need to have your shit together.  Do you want them to think that you are a whiny, fag?  The judge would love to see you like this.  If you can’t handle a morning in a courtroom.” Brian felt Justin pull away and when he looked at him, he saw the spark back in his eyes.

“I hate you right now. I mean I really hate you.” Justin breathed in and then slowly let out the air. He stood and turned to walk down the aisle just as Daklin and his lawyer walked in.  Justin turned back.  He refused to look at Brian but he reached out for Gus’ hand and guided him back to his seat between Brian and Justin.  

The judge entered and first looked at Daklin and then at Justin before sitting down.  After taking a long drink of water, he began to speak. “I  have read through the documents that have been presented to me.  From what I saw it does appear that Mr. Tayler took their son, Aiden on a vacation and did not return.”

Mel stood and interjected, “Excuse me, your honor, but the court in Washington state granted full custody to Mr. Taylor because his partner at the time had deserted him and their infant, Aiden.”

“Well, Ms. Marcus, that is true, however, documents have been presented that show Mr. Taylor used blackmail to get Daklin to give his son away. Your client returned home to Pittsburgh where he immediately stepped back into his past life with his ex husband.  I don’t know why he went out to Washington, if he had to sow his wild oats or what, but then he abandoned his life on the west coast and rushed back to the arms of his previous lover.”

Gus started to stand up but Brian held him in place and the judge went on.

“I can’t imagine a good man like Daklin would willingly give all rights away.  And after reviewing all the details I have decided to overturn the custody  agreement and draw up joint custody.  You will need to work out an agreement with your lawyers that give you equal time between your homes.”

“Your honor…” Mel began but the judge raised his hand. 

“Ms. Marcus, I am going to give your client a chance to speak as well as Daklin.  So Daklin would you like to speak first?”

“Thank you, your honor.”  Daklin stood and talked for the next ten minutes.  He mostly went on about how much he missed his little boy and what he had missed out on.  He said he had already set up a room for him and then started talking about his mother.  He concluded with, “I hope, sir, that within a week or two I will be able to bring my son to his true home.”

That was when Justin’s head dropped, Brian’s arm went to his shoulder and Gus broke free. “You can’t have him.  He doesn’t even know him and he loves us.  He loves GC.  He is MY brother.  I need to be by him in case he needs help…”

“Son, you need to sit down.  It isn’t…”

“But Aiden is sick and we don’t even know how sick but he needs medicine and he might need to get blood.  If he is in Washington….” Brian tried to get him to sit down while Mel glared at him, “my dads take turns sleeping because they are so worried.  How can he do that? And when he cries, he likes me to hold his hand….” Now Brian gently touched his arm and Gus sat down pressing his face into Brian’s lap so his sobs would be muffled.

Across the aisle there was a quiet commotion.  “Sir,” Daklin’s lawyer stood, “My client feels like things have been withheld. We would like to see the medical records...his son’s health history. He’s, um, concerned.”

The judge’s expression changed.  He looked at the Daklin and then over at the small family.  Gus still had his face in Brian’s lap.  He addressed Justin. “Mr. Taylor, I know no one asked for a health report and,” the judge glared at Daklin, “I am getting a clear picture as to what is going on here but, sir, I do think it might be important for us to have a little detail about what the young man said.” He glanced at Gus and for the first time he let emotion show on his face.

“Sir,” Justin said as he stood, “Aiden is being tested for Beta Thalassemia.” Justin could tell the judge had no idea what that was.  “I didn’t know what it was either.  It is a problem with his blood.  We have not gotten the final results yet.  There is a wide range of symptoms.  If he has the severe type it will mean a life of blood transfusions and probably a shortened life expectancy.  

Gus was now sitting up and Brian wrapped his arms tightly against him while he reached out and took Justin’s hand.

“If we are lucky he will have a mild version that can be controlled with medication. His severity could fall anywhere in between.” He looked down and smiled at Gus.

“Excuse me, sir,” Gus said in a wavering voice, “I’m sorry I yelled earlier.  You see, I am very worried about my little brother.  It makes us all so sad that he is sick and we can’t do anything but hug and kiss him. He cries a lot more now because he doesn’t understand why he feels shitty.” Gus slapped his hand over his mouth. “I’m sorry, sir. I shouldn’t have said that.”

“What’s your name, young man?”

“Gus.”

“Well, Gus, you appear to be a very intelligent, caring young man. Your dads “

“That’s one of my moms.” He pointed to Mel.  They do a good job, too.”

“Well, Ms. Marcus, gentleman, you are raising an intelligent, caring young man. It is obvious you care for your children. Daklin, is there anything you would like to say now?”

Daklin whispered something to his lawyer and then the lawyer spoke up, “Your honor, my client would like a few minutes with Mr. Taylor. I know that is an unusual request but that way he will be able to ask questions as they speak.”

The judge looked at Daklin and then over at Justin, “Mr. Taylor, it is your call.”

Now Brian stood up, “He doesn’t have to…”

“I will talk to him.” Justin turned toward Brian, “He can’t hurt me.  I’ll be fine.”

“Alright, gentlemen, give us a couple minutes,” the judge nodded at the court officer in the room who then stepped out, “and we will find a room for you to use. I would suggest the attorneys stand outside the room so you are available if they have any questions.”

After a short break, Justin and Mel walked away toward a room off to the side where Daklin and his attorney stood.  Justin opened the door to the room and Daklin followed him in. There was frosted glass in the door so their shadows were visible and from time to time they could hear a muffled word.

Justin sat on a chair and looked at Dak and he waited, looking him directly in the eyes.  “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Tell you what, Daklin? Was I supposed to call you and say, ‘Oh by the way, the child you only chose to ignore, is sick and we are waiting to see if he will live a long life or be dead in five years. So it sounds like the judge is going to give you custody.  I will make sure you have a list of doctors and his medication.  You will need to watch him closely and the poor little guy is quite fussy right now.” Justin smiled almost noticeably knowing how much Daklin hated being awoken in the middle of the night.  Even when Justin had wanted sex, if Dak was sleeping he had learned quickly not to wake him. There would be no sex but he might end up sleeping on the sofa. “There are many nights Brian and I take turns sitting up with him.”  Justin saw Daklin’s facial muscles twitch.

“Justin, this could have all been avoided if you hadn’t deserted me.  I loved you!”

“So, this isn’t about my son being sick, is it? It is because your ego was hurt.  Even now, when my son could be dying, all you care about is your hurt feelings.”

“Justin, that isn’t….and he’s our son.”

“Unless that judge changes the ruling you have no claim to him and Brian, my husband will be his legal guardian.”

“That pretty boy…”

“I told you he was gorgeous.  I told you pictures  didn’t do him justice.” Justin hoped he was pulling off the act. All he wanted to do was scream at his ex and rush out the door to go home to his little boy. Instead he was trying to act as unfeeling as Dak truly was.

“Justin,” Daklin walked up behind Justin and placed his hands on Justin’s shoulders, “I can’t stop thinking about you.  We had something special.  I was sure you would come back to me after your trip to that cabin. I thought you would come back to me.”

“Dak, when I left, it was because you had an affair. I thought we were going to have a life together, the three of us.”

“That’s what I wanted but once the baby was born he took all your time and…” Dak finally sat next to Justin and turned to face him, gently laying a hand on Jusitn’s arm, “He’s really sick?” he said softly.

“He is really sick.  We hope he has the minor version but we don’t know yet.” Justin started to crack a bit, “I don’t know….if he doesn’t make it our lives will be shattered. You saw Gus.  He is such a good big brother…..”

“Justin, I’m going to withdraw the petition. As much as I loved you, I know I am not the right person to raise a sick child. You, my lovely, always had the world’s biggest heart.  Will you let me know how he is, once you find out?” Daklin’s voice cracked.

Justin reached out and touched his cheek, “I will let you know, Daklin. This is the man I fell in love with.” 

Daklin leaned in and Justin moved toward him for one last kiss. “Thank you.”

Outside the door Brian saw the image of the men sit next to each other and then saw the shadow of them move even closer.  The outline could only be the two men kissing. Brian was ready to storm through the door but Mel held him back.

“Brian, I think they are saying goodbye. You know you trust Justin.  He would never do anything to hurt your relationship.  He loves you and your family.” Mel nodded toward the door as Daklin walked out and he said something to his uncle and his attorney and then Daklin glanced back once more at Justin before he and his uncle walked off.  His lawyer caught Mel’s eye and she walked over as Brian and Gus moved into the room where Justin still sat.

“Daklin has changed his mind,” the lawyer said to Mel. He is signing off all parental rights to Justin as long as Justin agrees to sending him a picture at least once a year and lets him know how he is doing.”

“I am sure he will go along with that. Let’s go talk to the judge.”

Brian and Gus walked over to Justin. Gus hugged him and Brian sat down on the chair Daklin had been sitting in moments earlier. “What happened, Justin?” Gus asked.  Is he going to take Aiden?”

“No, Gus, no he isn’t. Daklin may seem a little mean but deep down, he has a good spot, too.  He said he could tell what a great big brother Aiden had and he said he didn’t want to break up our family.  It’s over.” Justin looked into Brian’s eyes, “It’s all over!  I want to go home and see our boy.  Brian, let’s go home.” Justin and Brian stood and Gus put his arms around both of their waists pushing them together. Justin reached up and putting his arms around Brian’s neck, he brought his mouth to meet his. 

The kiss went on until Gus said, “Um, guys, can you do this when you get home?”

Slowly after a few more quick kisses they separated.  Brian smiled down at Gus, “Sure, let’s go home and see your brother.”

‘Brian, I love you. You do know that, right?”

“I know, Sunshine.  I love you and our boys.”  Brian swung Gus off his feet and hugged him.  “Let’s go home.”  On the way home they went through a drive thru and had burgers and fries to celebrate.


When Brian, Justin, and Gus arrived at home, they walked into the entry and heard Jenn sobbing somewhere. Justin rushed into the family room off the kitchen and sat next to his mom on the loveseat.

“Mom, what’s wrong? Where’s Aiden? Did something happen to Aiden?”

Jennifer turned toward her son and grabbed on to him.  “Aiden is good.  Victor called.  The tests showed he has the mild form.  Once he gets it under control, it should be very controllable.” She shuttered as she took a deep breath trying to control her breathing. “It was just such good news.”  Now she looked between the guys.  “Please tell me you have good news, too.  He isn’t taking Aiden, is he?”

Gus rushed over to Jennifer and said, “Grandma, he’s all ours.  He said we could keep him.” 

Jenn hugged Gus, looking at Justin over his shoulder and Justin nodded assuring her that was right. “I have been so worried about that.  I know Daklin was Mr. Right Now but you wouldn’t  have been with him if he didn’t have a sweet side.”

“It was all Gus.  He told that judge in no uncertain terms that he was Aiden’s big brother and he had to be there for him.” Justin said as Brian walked over to him and put his hand on Justin’s shoulder.

“Mom, is Aiden sleeping?”

“Yes, he is.  He just went down for a nap about five minutes before I got the phone call from Victor.” Gus leaned over and whispered something to Jenn and she smiled, “I agree, Gus.” Jenn smiled over at her son and son in law.  “Gus thinks the two of you might like a little time alone.”

Brian looked down at Justin, “I think Gus is right.”

“Did you have lunch?” Jenn asked.  

“We did, Mom.  Gus, I think you have a little homework to do.” Justin reminded him.

“Ya, can I play with GC for half an hour and then do it?”

Justin smiled at Gus and then looked at his mom, “I think that sounds like a great idea. We are just going to go to our room for a while. We do have a few things to talk about.”

“Go. Do you want me to make dinner?”

“Mom, don’t you dare.  You have done enough for us today.  As long as you can hang nearby in case Gus needs something, we will be back down when Aiden wakes up.”

Brian tugged on Justin’s hand and soon they were heading up the steps to the bedroom. As soon as the bedroom doors were closed, Brian turned to face Justin, “I so sorry, Sunshine.  I know I was really a shit in the courtroom but I  could tell you were struggling and…”

Justin pressed his body against Brian and Brian relaxed as he pulled him in and as their lips met they forgot the world. Soon the clothes were abandoned and they were on the bed.  They didn't waste time with foreplay.  Justin got on all fours and Brian entered him. Once they both had cum they dropped on the bed side by side.  Brian rested his head on Justin’s chest, making circles on his stomach with his finger. 

“Bri, I did get angry but you knew I needed that. I was so scared.  I think the judge was ready to give Daklin custody.  Gus really did save it.”

“You kissed him when you were alone.” Brian didn’t want to look him in the eye,

“Brian, it was truly a goodbye kiss.  All he asked was to get updates on Aiden’s health.  He is obviously a jackass but the part I loved is still there, too.”

“So no regrets coming back and marrying me again?”

Justin tilted his head up so he didn’t have a choice but to look him in the eye. “Brian Kinney, you don’t seriously think I would ever leave you, do you?”

Very softly he said, “You did before.”

“You are stuck with me until we are old and gray and Gus and Aiden are running our businesses.”

This time they took their time.  They touched and tasted and stroked every inch of the other’s body and as Brian entered Justin this time, he made sure Justin was nearly incoherent with pleasure before he joined him on the other side of the orgasm.  They were just catching their breath when Aiden needed some attention.

Justin rushed to his son. All of the sudden he needed to hold him.  His son was going to be able to fight this. Justin came back and laid Aiden next to Brian and slipped into the bed with them.  Brian saw the tears in Justin’s eyes and reached out to brush a tear away as it spilled out.

“Sunshine, he will be fine.  We will probably have some rough moments until everything balances out but…”

“Brian, I think I may have to close my business.  I don’t want to but Mom can’t keep taking off and I know I won’t be able to keep going without putting a lot of time into it.”

“Justin, if I need to cut back on hours I will.  I already told Safe Place I would be coming a little less frequently and they were fully supportive.  In fact, Victor and Ted are starting to take my place on Saturday mornings.  Our family is as important to me as it is to you.”

“But I feel so guilty.  What if Aiden  feels like I don’t love him when I’m gone as much…”

“Whoa, he will never doubt how much you love him and Jenn and I love him, too. Until everything balances out Jenn and I can work out a schedule.”  Brian kissed the little boy who was crawling on top of his chest and then Justin leaned over and kissed both of them.

“Thank you.  I never doubted you love him. I don’t want you to think I did.”

There was a soft knock on the door. “Dads you aren’t doing anything gross are you?” Gus’ voice came from the hallway.

“Come in Gus.  We are just playing with your brother.”

Gus came in and jumped on the bed with them.  Justin started to tickle Gus as he joined the melee of activity.  


The next two weeks were rough on everyone.  Aiden had several appointments and tests that needed to be run so everyone was stretched. After talking to Gus and his moms everyone agreed it might be best for him to stay with them for a short time.  He still spent time with Brian and Justin but he understood they needed to be with Aiden as much as they could.  He didn’t feel slighted because he knew soon things would be back to normal.  

The week of Thanksgiving arrived cold and snowy.  Aiden was finally done with testing for now.  He would still need to go in for blood draws regularly but everyone could see he was feeling much better.  Gus enjoyed his time with his moms now that they weren’t fighting all the time but he missed living with his dads.  

They had decided to have several friends over to celebrate Thanksgiving and Aiden, both because of his ability to stay with them and the fact his health was improving everyday.  Molly and Jenn made desserts for the meal while the rest of the guests chipped in to help with the rest of the food.  Lindsay and Mel made all the hot food and Ted and Victor brought homemade French bread and rolls.  It was the eight of them for the main meal but late in the afternoon several other friends arrived. 

As the group enlarged Justin noticed Molly with a handsome man.  He looked to be a couple years older than her but it was obvious he was smitten with her.  She walked up to where Brian and Justin stood and made introductions. “Justin, Brian, I’d like you to meet Spencer Williams. Spenc, this is my brother and his husband.” The men shook hands.  “Spencer was a teacher’s assistant in one of my classes last year and he is now working on his doctorate in psychology. He is wondering if maybe after the first of the year he could talk to you.  He is focusing on same sex marriages and the different problems that occur compared to a traditional marriage.”

Brian and Justin looked at each other and Brian nodded. “We’d love to help if we can.  Mol, we mentioned it to Mom, but we hope you can join us in Montana for Christmas.  We are going up there for at least two weeks, as long as Aiden is doing well.  I am sure we can find room for Spencer if he would like to join us.”

Now it was Molly and Spencer’s turn to look at each other and he nodded slightly.  Molly stepped closer to Brian and Justin before saying softly, “We are going to announce our engagement at Christmas.  We would love to join you in Montana.  Mom had told me about it but I haven’t told her about the engagement yet.”

“I won’t say anything.” Justin said to his sister.  “I’m so happy for you and I have missed you.”

“I hated being away when Aiden was sick.  I’m glad he is doing so much better.”

“No happier than we are.” Brian said and kissed her cheek.  Brian then continued. “May I have everyone’s attention  please?” Everyone turned toward Brian.  “We want to thank you all for coming today.” Justin took Aiden from his mom and Gus joined them.  We could not have made the last couple months without all of your support.  Whether you work at one of our businesses or are family and friends, all of you have been there for us.”

Justin now continued,  “We don’t have time to thank each of you right now but we want you to know that we love each and every one of you.  Please stay as long as you like.  It looks like it is snowing pretty hard outside but we have the fires going and plenty of food and drink.  Enjoy yourselves.”

Victor and Ted were entertaining Aiden when Brian and Justin moved into the kitchen to check on the food supplies.  Justin took the opportunity to press Brian against the counter and kissed him as his hands snuck under his shirt and into the back of his pants. “I love you, Brian.”

“God, I love you.” Brian said as he pulled him even tighter against him.  “I am so glad Gus is going to be back full time.”

“I have missed not seeing him everyday, even if we talked to him.” 

“Who would have guessed last year at this time that we would be here together. I wanted nothing else.” Brian said as he kissed him once more. But we better check on the food and get back to our guests. This will have to wait until we are in bed.”

 

“I look forward to every minute of it.” Justin gently squeezed his crotch before walking away.