- Text Size +

CHAPTER 15 - JEALOUSY ALL AROUND


MICHAEL’S STORE - FRIDAY MORNING


LINDSAY


To say that we’re unhappy is an understatement! If Emmett and Daphne think they’re keeping the peace, they're mistaken. We, however, are being bigger and better people and not rising to their baiting. 


“We need to get back to our day. You said you’d have signed it by now, Michael.”


“I know what I said, Emmett. However, this is for a space in Ted’s building, not at Justin’s house. We agreed that’s where our office should be based.” 


“As I’ve said, Michael, this has changed since there's now no room at their home. All his paintings are there, which takes precedence over you.” Daphne smirks, then frowns as she surveys the store. “And whilst we're here, the inventory list, please.”


“Inventory list? What do you want that for?” I ask. Michael scowls as he boots up his computer. “Wait, Michael. As his manager in this enterprise, I need to know what you’re going to do with it.” 


“My job as the Executive Assistant to the senior partner in this enterprise. He’s asked me to collect it, so that he can check what Michael is attempting to source will run a profit for them.”


“What do you mean, Daph?” Emmett looks around, tisking as he blows the fluff off his fingers. “You need to dust. From what I’ve observed, from the way he dresses and how he is at their place, Brian likes it clean, tidy and structured, this isn't. This would be a tasklet for you, Lindsay, since you’re the subordinate in this, um, enterprise.”


“No it wouldn’t!” I fume. “Manning will be doing that kind of thing, it’s part of his skillset!” 


“How could you forget to Ems, she doesn’t do drudgery, just drudge.” We turn to a sneering Melanie Marcus, why the hell is she here?! “Can we speed this along, what exactly is the hold up?”


“They've not signed the contract for the office space, and now there’s lollygagging over the inventory list. Brian wants to check it against the wishlist he has.”


“Brian has a wishlist for that kind of thing?!” Emmett gasps. 


“Fuck no, he's no Pude! It’s most likely Michael’s!” Mel scoffs then frowns. “Please tell me I’m right? He can't have another flaw, the first one being her bestie.”


“Definitely Michael’s!” I suppress my delight that Mel’s taking the potshots that we can’t, since we’re being peacekeepers! “Ted found it when doing the audit. He’d noticed that some of the more exclusive or somewhat elusive titles and items had been purchased but yet not sold. He wants me to ensure this no longer happens.” 


I’m not sure what the look Emmett gives Michael is about. 


“So the paperwork, which Mel’s happy to witness, right?” In answer to Daphne’s carping, Mel approaches with her pen poised. “Great, so let’s get this done, then we can leave you in peace.”


DAPH


“Mel, what’s a pude?” Emmett asks sweetly, or not judging by that grimace from Michael. 


“Will explain in a second.” She goes steely eyed then snaps her fingers. I relish his sigh of defeat and Punani’s pinched look. We wait quietly, not wanting them to use any more reason for delay. “Excellent. Now a pude is what the collectiblers et comickers call an adult male who is overly obsessed with that realm, to the point of creepiness.”


“It’s highly insulting!” Michael fumes. “Just because someone is a long term collector, it doesn't make them creepy!”


I wink at Emmett, oh yes we have another nickname to add to our list!


“So we’ll see you two in Babylon tonight, around ten.” Emmett states, shaking out his jacket. “Next we come here, I'm wearing a hazmat suit! We’ll be in the booth on the 2nd floor.”


“It's not that bad!” Michael fumes, before the slug-brows go up. “We’re getting ready at Jus’s, Emmett, so we can all go together.”


“Sorry, didn't Justin tell you, Gooch?” I smile. Ems and I have agreed that I deal with him and he deals with her. Since each is slightly less annoying to the other, it helps with peacekeeping! “He’s got meetings till five. Also, Brian’s got a pitch meeting finishing at seven. Then we’ve all got to eat and get ready.”


“Why are you two getting ready there?” Lindsay demands.


“Three, us three are going to be there. Them, as they’re their assistants, who are, obviously, going to be in the meetings with them. And me, as I’m their new besties. Ergo, there’s no time or place for you two.” Mel is snide as she reads the inventory list. “Can I have Ted’s number, Daph?” I frown as I give her his card. “Hi, Ted it's Mel, how are you and the gorgeous Blake?” Michael and Lindsay scowl, I breathe deep, Blake is a cute little elfling. “Yes, I’m still coming.” More scowling. “Listen, Daph mentioned you found a wishlist, but the inventory didn’t match up. Could you send it to me, please? Thanks.” 


As she waits, she walks around nodding or frowning at what she sees. Its arrival coincides with her checking out a statue with a wry smile, this is replaced by an ever deepening frown. “Michael, where are they?” 


“What?” He grouses.


“The items on this list, which is last year’s.” His eyes pop. Whilst Ems turns his back on him, his shoulders shake. “I need to arrange for them to be moved. As the attorney in their partnership, I have to ensure that everything is accounted for. Also, print out the current list.”


“Attorney? When and why has Brian retained your services?” Punani pulls out her phone. “He never said anything to me.”


“That information is privileged, a bit like you, but nicer!” Mel snaps as she heads to the office. “Michael, are they in here, does this place have storage?” Flabbergasted, he shakes his head. “Well, go and get them. Lindsay, as the manager, but more importantly, to you, Brian’s best friend, you go too. After all, your job makes you as liable as Michael for anything which goes awry.”


“Hello all!” George trills as he enters. “Are we almost ready?”


“For what, George?” Michael looks so happy to see him, which is more likely for whatever respite he hopes to get from the sudden Mel-tsunami. “Mel, our business will have to wait, George comes first.”


“That's very noble of you Michael, but I’m here for Daphne and Emmett. Debs said they were here.” He beckons Mel closer and kisses her cheek. “I would've come across it but lord alone knows what’s lurking in those cobwebs!” He looks around again. “You two really should give this place a thorough cleaning up.”


LINDSAY


The door opening heralds the answer to that annoying refrain. “Manning! What took you so long? You were supposed to be here bright and early this morning, it’s nearly twelve!”


“Sorry, ma'am, there was the wait for the cab.”


“Cab? I thought we sent Vic to pick you up?” Daphne frowns. 


I suppress my grimace. When I heard that they were treating him like he was entitled to these kinds of perks, I was disgusted. He can’t be given things above his station!


“Oh, he did, it's just that Ma'am wanted me to collect some things from the hotel.”


“Of course she did.” Mel drawls. “What was so important that it needed him to fetch it for you?” I smile at Manning, counting on his discretion to not answer. My teeth gnash when he pulls out the item in question. “A lipstick? You’re kidding?”


“It’s Brian’s favourite shade on her.” Manning explains. “It was no problem.” I decide not to castigate him too severely once they’ve gone. “I had to go to Brian’s hotel office anyway.” My fists clench, he has a ghost of a smirk, no more gentle touch from me! “He asked me to as he had some papers that I had to give to Melanie.”


“George, when did Brian and Justin retain my services?“


“Last night around eleven. Why?”


“Judging by that buffalo’s petulant stance, she didn't believe that. Your confirmation might soften the blistering she gives Manning with her pude’s, sorry dude’s  encouragement.” 


EMMETT


I'm now in love with two women! 


Mel sighs crossly. “You guys get going, I’ll see you later, with the guava whipped lemonade. Just remember tight and short for Ben and Drew respectively.” Her grin turns into a sneer. “Now, Michael and Lindsay, you’re going to have a long and busy time with me today. As well as being a great attorney, I’m also an aficionado of comics and collectibles. I will know what I'm looking at. Manning, you and I will be working together to ensure this partnership works for all parties. Is that okay with you?”


“Yes, Mel, I look forward to it.”


BRIAN’S HOME - EARLY MORNING 


KITCHEN


BRIAN


It had been excellent, disconcerting but excellent! Ben and Emmett hadn’t been apart all night. He took one look at him when he arrived at ours, which I still think of it as, and that was that. 


Punani had been glaring at Daphne and Mel for three reasons: thirdly because they were all over Drew, which was so undignified. Secondly, because Mizz Marcus, who she’s still irked I never told her about, kept them so long doing unnecessary admin, that she had to go in the first outfit that came to hand, which caused the primary reason for the glaring: the humiliation of wearing the same as Daphne, but looking like she copied her since she and Michael arrived after we did! Flick and Vic each got a $500 tip from Justin after she managed to take a photo and he got it sent over to the house! 


But then it wasn’t excellent, whilst I got to know the business in real time with George. Gooch monopolised Justin’s time, and if it wasn’t him it was every other guy there, well just one in particular! There was a brief moment that we were together, but that was only to stop me from going to the backroom, which annoyed me a little. By 2am I was such a mass of resentment, which only mounted when I wanted to go but Gooch used the tactic of honouring the memory of Jennifer to keep him there, that I left without saying goodbye to anybody. Mercifully, George kept Punani occupied, so she couldn't come with me!


I try not to check the time. “He might need something for energy.” I grumble from inside the fridge as I decide to make cupcakes. I almost drop the butter and eggs when he slams the front door. “Jesus, you startled me!” 


“Is your phone broken?!” He snaps, tossing his on the kitchen table. “I’ve been calling for the last hour.”


Him being pissy rankles. “It’s charging, did you want something in particular?”


“Yeah, for my fucking boyfriend to not have fucking left me there, especially with him! Want to tell me when the plan changed?!”


“When my fucking boyfriend wasn’t behaving like my fucking boyfriend, especially with him! Want to tell me when that plan changed?!”


“With who?!”


“Brandon.” I sneer. “He hasn’t seen you for ages! He wanted to reminisce and return the favour. Do you know how it felt to feel the same way as him?!”


“As, wait, what, as who?!”


“Gooch!” I seethe, slamming the butter down. “Everywhere you went, so did he!”


“You, you’re jealous of Brandon?!” He is stunned then angry. “He told you?!”


“Yes, he told me! And another thing, why did you stop me from going into the backroom?!”


“Because I wanted for us to go in as a couple, not just you to go in there, to, well you know.” He trails off quietly, I open my arms, he holds me tight, it feels great. “Daph was right.” I nod. “She told us to stop working and have time together just to decompress after such a busier than expected day.”


“Hmmm.” I fiddle with his collar, not wishing to ask, but also dying to know the answer.


“You grab wine and I’ll set the bath. We can talk there.”


BATHROOM - TWENTY MINUTES LATER


JUSTIN


I purr as he eases the knots in my shoulders. “Your skin is so soft. What do you use?”


“La Mer, all over.” He chuckles. “It was Dad who put me onto it. To say he was obsessed would not do him justice. He would be so disappointed if he didn’t get some for any day of significance, as he called them, and as soon as a new product came out he’d send us some.” Closing the shower curtain to shield the floor as he gets in behind me, I also peek - one happy bunny! “I’m jealous too, you know?” 


At his tapping, I turn, my cheeks pinkening. “Why are you jealous? You've, for want of a better word, lived more than me.”


“That's why. You get to have a wonderful experience of topping, because that’s who you are, which is more than I did.”


“I’m confused, aren’t you a top?”


“Versatile. Well a bit versatile - haven't bottomed but would like to. As for topping, I’ve not had that much actual sex, especially in these last few years. However, the two times I've done so haven't been great. Having to focus solely on the needs of a very bossy, and virgin, bottom was irritating, especially when he behaved like a headmaster giving a frigging test!”


“So that’s what he meant by returning the favour?”


“He’s such a rat bastard, who has absolutely no chance of that! Nor will the other guy!“ He looks so cute and relieved, I wrap my legs around him. “This is where we kiss and make up.”


“That it is, so who’s topping?” He drawls.


I gulp. “Now? You, you want to, I mean I don't have an issue with it!” 


“Hell yeah I do but not now, I mean this.”


I’ve never kissed in water before, the rippling coupled with the cocooning warmth, the occasional pop of a bubble and what he's doing to my mouth is the best ASMR ever. As he turns us, I’m resting in the crook of his elbows, our cocks gently rub together, his growl bounces off the walls. I run my feet down his butt and thighs, he nips my tongue, I nip back.


BRIAN


His sighing and moaning as our cocks brush against each other is music to every nerve ending, but as thrilled as I am to feel this, him calling me his boyfriend thrilled me more! Cradling him with one hand, I reach between us to take him with the other. He groans and throbs. I almost stop breathing when he does the same. Lifting my head, I see the answer in his eyes.


“Slow?” I murmur, he nods in agreement. “Kiss me.” 


JUSTIN


“I want to hear you.” I whisper. We start to stroke. Minutes later, we have to stop when throwing my head back means I go under. Whilst I cough and splutter, he snickers as he gets me upright. “Moan and groan, chant my name, don’t drown!” 


Giggling, I stand up and grab the towel. I pause when he licks my tip then slowly envelopes me into his heat.


“Brian.” 


“Hmm?” 


“I’m, it's gonna be quick if you con - oh cripes!” I yelp as he takes me deeper. His fingers ghost my balls, I widen my stance. He smiles up and starts to stroke my pucker, my hips take on their own dance. I can’t believe he’s doing this - and so brilliantly! 


BRIAN


I stroke and suck in tandem. His legs tremble and he twists my hair. “Oh yeah, so good, so good, so close! Oh no! Brian, stop please stop, I don’t want to!” 


For a split second, I’m humiliated and angry, then I get it. I let him go and wait. Carefully, he sinks to his knees, then back to his original position. “Ready?”


“Yeah.” I mutter into his ear. 


As we jerk each other off, he whispers what he's going to do to me when we make love. This combined with his touch have me exploding so hard I see stars, and when he cums seconds later, it’s the most erotic thing ever.


TURRET BEDROOM - TWO HOURS  LATER


JUSTIN


He's quiet as I adjust the curtains. The sun is slowly rising and the room’s bathed in a hazy golden glow.


After we finished in the bathroom, teasing each other over the amount we made and having a long shower, we decided to make this our room. It's huge with windows overlooking the front and back gardens. 


“Come back to bed. I’m cold.” Smiling as we spoon, I stroke his fingers. “I don't have one.”


“One what?” I yawn.


“Gag reflex.” He smacks his tongue. “Found out when I ate a whole banana.” 


“A whole one?!”


“I was hungry.” He giggles.


“Me neither.” I reply, shivering at his hotly whispered excellent. “And one more thing, you're much bigger than Brandon.”


“Let him know that.” 


“We will. The only question is how.”


“The back room?”


“Perfect.” I grin, then turn into his chest. “You know what else would be perfect?”


He kisses my forehead. “Come on, I’m not doing cupcakes whilst you stay in bed!”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing.