- Text Size +

CHAPTER 24 - OPHELIA’S PRE-DINNER DRINKS…


MEN‘S BATHROOM, OPHELIA’S RESTAURANT - AN HOUR LATER


EMMETT


I hand Justin a glass. “Ciroc neat.”


He knocks it back. Before he can speak, Michael's holding the door open. “What are you two doing? We’re waiting to order.”


“For god sake…” Ted shoves him in. “...stop behaving like this is a backroom!” 


“I was holding it open for Emmett to leave!” He blusters.


“I’m not!” I snap as I hand Ted my jacket. “Why are you still here?!”


“I needed the bath…”


“Then we’ll see you at the table!” Justin storms past. “Ems, will order for you!” 


“Thanks, sweetie!” I feel so sorry for him and Brian. “Gonna piss in the bowl or sink?”


“I came to wash my hands.” He starts to leave.


“Then wash them.” Ted growls, he glares but does so. 


“Excuse me.” He shakes his hands at him.


“No.” He retorts, but the door opening means he has to.


“You were saying.” Michael smugly starts to leave.


“That you need to go to the pharmacy and get some arnica.” Ted smirks, as George blocks him. “I’ve sent you the address, it’s best used quickly, lest the bruise turns septic and leads to an amputation.” 


“I would suggest that Vic goes, however…” George begins.


“Which is the kind of task he could...” Michael interrupts.


“…it’s quicker to walk.” He gestures him ahead. “Besides, I need your opinion on a gift for Lindsay.”


“Brian’s the best person for that.” He’s almost digging his heels in to avoid going! “He’s her best friend, and…”


“…is currently giving her support. We won’t be long!”


As the door shuts behind them, I drain the second glass of Ciroc. “What are we going to do Teddy? I don’t think Justin will survive their help with Asteridge.”


“Nobody will! What happened anyway? All I heard was her screaming.”


“She was so determined to get to Brian that she smacked against a balustrade then bashed her elbow when she collapsed like Camille in La Dame Aux Camélias; the only disappointment is that she didn't die, just acted like she was. Thank goodness it wasn’t outside the bar or she would be suing them!”


“We should go back, give Brian a break.” Ted sighs. “I was so looking forward to this dinner but she’s cast such a…Ben! What are you doing here?!”


“Looking for him.” He smiles, pulling me close. “Wanna have some fun?”


DEBS


I love Kiki! She is smirking into her drink as a blushing Emmett, grinning Ben and bemused Ted return. Daphne’s jaw drops as Mel and Drew enter with Brandon!


“What is happening? Where’s Lindsay? Where’s Justin? Mel, what are you doing back?” Ems demands.


“She’s in the bathroom, having enlisted the help of a waitress.” I snicker. “As for Mel, she went to collect those three. Justin had to get some tylenol from across the street.”


“But why are they here? Not that Ems or I are complaining!” Daph pats the seat next to her, Drew sits, whilst Brandon glances around the table. “What?”


“Where’s George sitting?” He asks, she points to Kik’s left. “Put him opposite Brian at the head, in fact…”. Five giggling minutes later a bewildered looking Justin comes back. “...you go away until he texts, come back and sit next to me. Lindsay will be here, Michael opposite us…”


“…but I wanna sit next to Brian.” He pouts.


“And Michael will want that too…” Brian laughs. “...judging by the look on Karis's face, Lindsay's waiting to be brought back. Now go, we’ve got later!” 


KARIS


Livid does not come close to my rage; that Park Avenue Punkass is screwing up the service. There are another two massive tables tonight, we're going to run over because of her. I take small pleasure in waiting for her to hiss-cough in our direction again! 


“Jenna…” I giggle. “…got a message from her table, take your time bringing her back.” We quickly move away from the disabled toilet, she insisted she was almost carried to. A minute later, she's leaning wearily on the door handle, then straightens up looking indignant there’s nobody to watch her performance.


“Hey!” A guy makes us jump. “I’m looking for my friend. She was…”


“Over here, Michael!” She calls weakly. He heads over, beckoning us to follow.


“You know, maybe we should call an ambulance, you are looking very pale, you may have DVT.” She turns to the other man in horror. “What do you think, Karis? How long would one take to arrive?”


“About…”


“Uncle George, there's no need for that…”


“...of course not. She’s just a bit shocked and most likely needs to eat something.” Michael chimes in, giving her his arm. “Let’s go back, Lindz.”


“Thank you, Michael. Jenna, was it?” She turns to us. “Might I take you…


“Surely, Michael can carry you back?” Jenna queries. “He’s much stronger than I…”


“You're our waitress, so will…”


“She’s not, ma’am.” I interject, hiding my smile as Jenna makes her escape. “I will send yours to your table, which I can see from my stand, once you’re situated.” 


MICHAEL


“Thank you Karis.” George crawls, he needs to remember he is old; the way he’s leering is creepy! “I will take it from here.” 


“Thank you sir.” Lindz and I scowl at her swift departure. “Are you lifting or shall I give her this?” He produces a folding walking stick from his pocket.


“I can manage to walk without that Uncle…”


“Beautiful, what happened to you?!” Brandon rushes up. “They said you had an accident, but not what. Oh hi George!” 


“Brandon, my boy, what a lovely surprise!” George smiles. “Since you’re here, perhaps you can help Lindsay back to our table, seems Michael…”


“I can….” I begin, but he sweeps her into his arms and strides away. “…what is he doing here, how do you know him?”


“You would need to ask him about his presence.” He pushes the stick into my chest. “You keep that, I’m sure she’ll need it. As for our relationship, it is none of your business!” Fuming, I put the stick in the bag he made me carry and follow him, as I gape at all the new arrivals, George signals the waitress. “Michael, stop being a mime and sit opposite Brandon so we can order.”


“So Beautiful, I hope you weren’t too embarrassed by me?”


“No of course not…” She squeezes his arm. “…taking the pressure off it helped, although I think it will scar.”.


“Bruises don’t scar, unless jabbed with scissors.” Kiki smirks. “What? Oh you should’ve heard her Brandon, she was howling like a banshee after she tripped; then clung onto Brian so tightly that I thought he’d have to gnaw off his arm to get free.”


“That is not funny Kiki!” I chastise her. “Imagine if that happened to you, you’d…”


“Well Mel found it….” 


“Mel?” I demand. “Where is she?”


“She just left, she’s…” 


I rush out and spot her coming out of a pharmacy across the street! I will speak to Ted about sending us three blocks away! 


When I yell her name she looks me in the eye then signals a cab! I get to her before it does. “I need our IDs back!” She smirks. “Mel, please can we have them?!” She silently gets in the cab. “What do you want me to do, beg?!”


She winds down the window. “I could but have a date. So ask Kiki, she’s got them.” 


“A date at this…Kiki!” I growl. “Oh that…well thank you very much, enjoy yourself!” I stalk back to the table. “Kiki…”


“...I did call to try and stop you.” She drawls. “Here you go.” 


As I want a drink more than I need to rip her head off I mutter my thanks, hand Lindz hers and retake my seat. She jerks her head at Daphne’s crass flirting with Drew, whilst I try not to watch Emmett’s gurning at Ben. “Where have we got to order wise?” I wave at the waitress. “Can I have a house beer, please?” 


“Yes!” Brandon cheers and high fives Kiki. 


“What are you celebrating?” Lindz asks. “Before you explain, where is Brian?”


“Had to take another call.” Ma replies. “So the high five?”


“A bet…” He grins, then stands to pull out the chair next to him. “...and here's my prize.” 


“Which was it, beer or coke?” Justin laughs as he sits down. 


“Beer, lucky for me.” Brandon gazes at Justin’s mouth and I want to scream!


Justin’s eye roll eases my fears a bit. “Did you order my cocktail then?”


“No, I didn’t know…”


“He’s speaking to Brandon.” Ma snarks. “Ah, here comes Brian; Christ would you look at those stones!” 


“Ma!” I hiss, hoping the woman behind him didn't hear, however, have to admit they’re spectacular!


“Personally, I wouldn't wear all of that all at once…” Lindz sniffs. “…a little too much.” 


“This is New York my dear, you can never be too much.” She's looking down her nose, the snobby witch, but she's messing with the wrong woman, Lindz will show her!


“Have you finished your business calls Brian?” Lindz turns her back, the witch still stands there, take the hint you stupid ass and leave! 


“Yes, finally.” He sighs before blinking a couple of times. “When did you all get here?!” 


“It’s a long story!” Kiki laughs.


Ma smiles at the stupid ass. “Are you joining us honey?” 


“Debs, there’s no room, pity.” Lindz smirks.


“They’re just bringing a chair!” George orders as he returns. “Two great surprises to greet me, first Brandon and now I bumped into this darling at the bar, in shock, poor thing.”


“Oh what happened may…” Lindz narrows her eyes as the ass sits next to George. “…be, you should go home and recover?”


“We’ll go together….” She returns as Karis comes up. “…darling, my usual, and this table is on my tab, no George and Brian I insist. So, how are you doing?”


“I’m Uncle George’s niece Lindsay, and Brian’s best friend; you are whom to them?” 


“I know who you are, what you are and where you want to be. I’m their friend, and also the silly cow you told to get out of the way in your haste to get to Brian.”


“You didn't call her that?!” Justin gasps. 


“She must have misheard her.” I interject.


“Quite right Michael.” Lindz smiles. “So, friend, what do I call you?”

 

“Lindsay…” Brian sighs. “…apologise to Claudia Asteridege so we can eat without any more drama!”

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing, thanks.