- Text Size +

Chapter 3


By Wednesday morning, Justin was like a small child with no patience.  By the time Ronni went to pick up Gus from school, she took Aaron with her because Justin would be heading to the airport before she returned. After she had left with Aaron,  Justin decided he couldn’t wait around the house alone.  He took a walk over to James and Emmet’s.  He wasn’t sure if either of them were there but it was worth a shot. A car was picking him up in about 45 minutes.  He didn’t want either of them to have to drive on the way home.

Justin knocked on the door and Emmett came to the door in a robe. “Honey, come in.”

Justin looked at his wardrobe, “Am I interrupting something?”

“Not now.  James left over an hour ago to go into town for a security update of some kind and I just woke up a few minutes ago. What are you doing here?”

“I just couldn’t sit in the house alone for half an hour before the car arrives.  I just can’t wait for Brian to be home.”

“You have had a lot of stress not  to mention being celebate for nearly two weeks. Brian better know how special you are.”

“I am just a man in love with a man and his family.”

“Oh, honey, you are so much more than that. You know Brian would be a mess without you.  He would have never taken Gus on by himself and the fact you have Aaron, too, and now the Crone… Have you visited her lately?”

“Not since I laid down the law and she said Gus had to be damaged.”

“He isn’t damaged.  He hasn’t had to meet her, yet.”

“And he never will. It makes me a little nervous having her there but right now she can’t walk so she can’t wander out. Gus wants to bring her a treat for Halloween. He is so sweet and she is so wicked.  I want to keep him untainted.”

“What did you tell Gus?”

“I said maybe he could make one of his beautiful drawings for her. Maybe that will help her feel something.”

“Are you sure she has a heart or soul to feel anything?”

“When I see her I wonder how Brian survived at all.” Justin looked at his watch.  I think I am heading back to the house.  Maybe the car will be a few minutes early.  I just can’t wait to feel him…” he stopped talking.

“Go get your man, Justin. Let us know if you need any help.”

The airport was over an hour away and Justin was nearly crawling in his own skin by the time he got out of the car.  The driver planned to park in a waiting area until Justin let him know Brian had landed. Justin paced in an area near the luggage.  He stared at the screen of arrivals and when he heard Brian’s flight called he almost forgot to breath. He hated this feeling and he hoped Brian wouldn’t go away too often.

Justin saw him taking long strides down the terminal.  Justin swore Brian was moving in slow motion.  As Brian took the last few steps he opened his arms and Justin threw himself at him. Brian’s bag fell to the floor as he held Justin against his body as their lips sought each other. They lost any sense of their surroundings as they held each other. “I am so glad you are home. I love you.  I love you so much!”

“I love you, too.  I have missed you and the boys more than I would have thought possible.”

Brian picked up his bag and they started walking toward the luggage carousel in silence, fingers linked. As they waited for his suitcases, Brian wrapped his arms around him from behind. Justin noticed he was quieter than Brian normally would be and he didn’t have to wonder why.

“She has help.  Ronni and Tracy take turns helping out for a few hours each evening.”

“You haven’t been there have you?”

“Actually, yes, I went there the first night.”

“Why?” Brian snapped at him.  He turned Justin around to face him. “I don’t want you near that… that….”

Justin gently looped his arms around Brian’s neck and kissed him.  “Emmett calls her Joan the crone.” Brian dropped his head down on Justin’s shoulder. “I wanted to give her the ground rules.”

Leaving his head where it was he softly said, “And what were the rules you gave her?”

“I only gave her two.  I told her she had to treat those helping her politely.”

“Like she even knows what that is.”

“Well, so far, she can’t talk so there hasn’t been an issue yet.”

“So what was the other rule?”

“She never speaks to Gus.  She doesn’t go near him as she starts moving better. And I told her at any time she could be sent to a rahab.”

“Damn, I knew I loved you even if you let my mother move in while I was gone.”

“You know I didn’t have a choice.”  He pressed his pelvis against Brian’s. “What the hell is taking the luggage so long?”

“Did you park the car?”

“My darling husband, I hired a car and before we are off the airport property I expect to have your cock down my throat.” 

An older man standing near them looked at his wife, “You hear that, honey.  Are you going to do the same thing for me?”

“If you looked like him I would?” She smiled at her husband and kissed his cheek.  “It is obvious he is taken.  I guess I’ve had you for 40 years, I’ll keep you for another few.” 

Finally, the luggage belt began to move and Brian focused on locating his cases. Soon they were in the back of the car and the driver was putting the luggage in the trunk. Their hands and mouths were everywhere and by the time the driver got in and put the window up between the front and back, Justin was straddling  Brian and Brian’s shirt had been unbuttoned.  

“Damn, you are so gorgeous.”

“Brian, tell me you won’t have to be gone like that again for a long time.”

“No, Sunshine,  I miss you and boys too much to be gone after a couple days.  I told my new client I would make one short trip annually.  We will go as a family.” Brian unzipped his own fly and then did Justin’s and he positioned himself as Justin lowered himself onto his erection. As he took the discomfort Justin arched and as he settled onto Brian’s thighs, they began to move slowly. They didn’t want to rush.  They both wanted to feel every move. As they both grew close to cumming they could no longer hold back. 

Justin’s mouth landed on Brian’s and they both lost themselves in the feel of each other as they slid over the edge. 

They redressed and sat in each other’s arms as they continued, now slowly, as they hit rush hour traffic. “Tell me about the boys.  How are they doing?”

“Aaron has grown.  I think he has gained another pound and Gus, he can’t stop talking about you.  He missed you so much, almost as much as I missed you.”

“You haven’t been taking care of yourself.”

“Well, I have been a little stressed.”

“How are your headaches? I know you weren’t telling me the truth when we talked.”

“They have been about the same. I actually think it is getting better when I am not stressed.”

“But you have been stressed since I left.  I should never have gone.  I should have told him to find someone…”

“Brian Kinney, you just made millions for your family.”

“I made plenty to get my mother out of our life. I will get her out of there as soon as I can.”

“Brian, I don’t want her to leave.”

“What the hell? Justin, she is nothing but a pain.”

“Well, that might be true but she hates being there.  She hates feeling reliant on us.”

“I get the feeling you are not telling me everything.”

“Well, it’s what she said about Gus.”

“I thought you said she couldn’t talk.”

“Well, she can’t verbalize but she can write.”

“She didn’t threaten him, did she?”

“No, she knows she really can’t DO anything but she basically said Gus couldn’t be a normal kid because he was being raised by us. Like she would have a clue about raising children.”

Brian didn’t say anything.

“Bri, don’t let her get to you.  I just want her to see from her view what a loving family looks like.  I swear Em has nearly screwed James in the cold just so she might see them and be horrified.”

“Well, maybe I’ll take you pressed against the glass door.” Brian tried to make it sound light but Justin heard a dark threat in it.

“Darling, I understand, I do, but I think killing her with kindness or indifference is much harder on her. I have smiled and waved at her a couple times.”

“Sunshine, what would I do without you?”

“Brian, you would be just fine.”

“No, I wouldn’t.  If you hadn’t survived…. If you had really been dead….”

Did I tell you she did remember me? She remembered that morning she came by with a cake.” Justin laughed. “We had been fucking for hours and I could barely walk. She had been horrified.”

“That was the first time she had to face that I was gay and…. I wasn’t even aware of it yet but I had found the man of my dreams.”

“I love you, Bri.”

“I love you, too, Sunshine.”

Brian laid down with his head in Justin’s lap and napped the rest of the way home. 

Justin ran his fingers through Brian’s hair as he slept.  He was so much like Gus and in so many ways  he needed so much more than his son.  Gus never doubted he was loved and cared for.  Brian always doubted he was worth anyone’s love or care.


“Brian, baby, we are almost home. Gus is going to be so excited.  I’ll worry about the luggage you hug your boys when we get there.”

“I have never felt so pulled about being home.  It’s just daunting knowing she is there.”

“She can’t go anywhere on her own. Hopefully she will be gone by Thanksgiving or we can find a place for her to go by then if she can’t go home.”

Brian sat up slowly and kissed Justin. “Damn, I have missed that so much.”

“Napping?” Justin asked him.

“No, kissing you.” Brian put a hand behind Justin’s head and kissed him thoroughly. Before they separated the car was stopped. By the time they opened the car door, the house door flew open and Gus came barreling out. Brian took two large strides and then Gus was flying into the air and back into his daddy’s arms for a long hug and a kiss.  Justin stood by the car and watched his husband and son embrace and he was almost overwhelmed with love. The driver walked up beside him, snapping him back into reality.

“Oh, let me help with those.  I’ll take these.  Could you just put that big one on the steps?” Justin took out his wallet and handed the driver a $100 bill.”

“Thank you, sir. I will leave it in the entry.”

As Justin walked to the door, James stepped out.  He immediately reached for the bags Justin was carrying. He dropped them inside and turned to go back out for the last piece of luggage. “I’ll take that,” James reached for the large suitcase. Their eyes met and James said, “Len?”

“Hey, James,” the two men hugged. “I wondered where you have been hiding!”

“I’m not hiding. I just found a great job…”

“And the love of his life.” Emmett walked out of the house and saw ‘his man’ with someone else.

“Hey, Emmett.  Come meet an old friend.” Emmett walked over and draped a proprietary arm around James. “Em, this is an old friend of mine.  Len, this is Emmett.” The two men shook hands.

“I remember you from Babylon, don’t I?” Len asked.

“Oh, I remember you, too.  I think we danced a time or two.”

“Ya, I thought you looked familiar.”

“Didn’t you recognize Brian?”

“Of course I did.  Everyone knew Brian Kinney.  He is as beautiful as he ever was.  When I picked up his husband, I thought I recognized him.  I remember seeing him a couple times at Babylon and who could forget his tragic attack.  He looks so good.” Len said with a gleam in his eye.

“Don’t let Brian hear you say that about Justin.  He might have you for dinner.”

“He can have me for dinner anytime.” Len said and all three of them laughed. 

“Len, do you have a place to go? I am trying a new dish for dinner and I have plenty.”

“Em has his own catering business.” James said, pulling Emmett close.

“Is he as good a cook as your mom? Where is your mom these days?”

“She’s inside the house.  She is their nanny and house manager.”

“Let me make a quick call and see if I can keep the car for a couple hours.” While Len stepped away James pulled Emmett close, “This would be our first house guest.”

“Shit, did we leave our briefs in the living room?”

“I picked them up before we left.”

“My boss said the car is free all night so he said I just need to be back by 10:00.”

James kissed Emmett once more, “Why don’t you ride with him back to the house.  I will get the luggage into the house and make sure they don’t need anything.  I’ll be back there soon.”


“Oh, Daddy, I am so happy to see you.  I missed you so much. Look at Aaron.  He is such a good baby brother.  Ronni took me to school every day.  I learned about the difference between a dog and a wolf….” Gus rambled on and on as Brian just held his son. He was brought back to his surroundings when Gus said…”lady moved into the pool house.  She’s a friend of Ronni’s but they don’t act like friends.”

“Gus, why don’t you let your dad take a breath and hold your brother. I could use your help setting the table.  I bet Brian is hungry.”

“Daddy, are you hungry?”

“I am starving, Gus.” Brian smiled at Ronni and nodded at her to thank her. He picked up Aaron and found himself drawn to the patio doors.  He stood there and as he kissed Aaron’s chubby cheek, he saw his mother sitting in a chair looking at the house.  He shivered as he saw her standing up and grasping at the door. It was as if she felt his presence. She pointed a finger at him before someone was at her side and assisting her to another spot.

“Brian, you Ok?”  Brian didn’t seem to even hear him.  Justin gently slipped an arm around his waist, “Bri, are you alright?” The look on his face said everything Justin needed to know.

“Daddy, dinner is ready.” Gus came over and Justin picked him up. “Ronni said time to eat. You said you were starving.”

Brian’s smile didn’t reach his eyes until Justin tickled Gus just a bit and when he giggled the light came back. Gus leaned forward and Brian kissed his son’s nose.  He then moved to Justin’s mouth and savored it for a moment.  “It smells so amazing, Ronni.  The Dutch know how to cook but they don’t have the spice you do.”

Ronni put the food on the table but left the family to dine alone.  Brian and Justin both chatted with Gus and each other as they ate dinner.  Once Brian had eaten his fill, he fed Aaron his bottle while Gus finished eating.  The little family sat on the sofa for a little while as Brian read Gus a story but soon both Gus and Brian were ready for bed and Aaron was already sleeping. 

As soon as the boys were in bed, Brian and Justin got in bed, too.  Justin knew Brian was tired and he also knew he had to find out what happened earlier. 

Brian laid his head on Justin’s chest after they had made love. “I’m sorry, Sunshine.  I’m not very exciting tonight. I promise I will make it up to you tomorrow.”

“Brian, this is perfect. We’re perfect. You’re perfect.” He kissed the top of Brian’s head.  “What happened before dinner?” Justin felt Brian shiver.

“When?”

“Brian, you were holding Aaron by the door and I could swear for a split second, you were no older than Gus but you weren’t the happy little boy he is.”

“I just spaced off.  Jet lag.”

“Bullshit.  You were staring at the pool house. Did you see her?”

Brian’s hand traveled down Justin’s abdomen and a finger started traveling down his treasure trail.

“No fair distracting me. Did you see her?” Justin stopped his hand from moving through his pubic hair. 

“No, of course I….” Brian stopped talking.  “How can she do it?

“Do what, darling?”

“I swear she was in my head telling me what a disappointment I was to her.”  Justin stroked his hair hoping he would keep talking. “She was looking at me like she did when I was in trouble. I’m sure she wanted to brow beat me.  My house wasn’t good enough.  I don’t have enough help. I deserted her.”  His voice fell off.

That was it, Justin thought. “As horrid as his mother had been, he still feels the pangs of wanting her love.”

“Brian, she doesn’t know how to love.”

“She loves Claire.  Claire shows her the respect she needs.”

“Where is Claire now? Your mother has been here for four days and she hasn’t stopped by. Your mother can’t call her, can’t order her around.  She is probably enjoying her freedom.”

“She hasn’t been here?”

“No, she hasn’t been here.  I called her the first night to tell her your mom had arrived.  She never responded.”

Brian’s hand began to play gently with Justin’s cock and then he moved his head down and took it into his mouth. 

“Damn, Brian, that feels so amazing.”  Brian gently sucked as his tongue danced on and around the tip. When he began stroking Justin between this cock and asshole Justin had to fight for restraint.  He wanted this feeling to go on and on and yet he felt guilty for having so much pleasure while Brian was in so much anguish. But at least he was distracting him. Justin arched as he filled Brian’s mouth.

Brian was very quiet when he moved back up and as he laid his head on the pillow, he pulled Justin close, “I love you, Sunshine.  Thank you for being here.”

“Where would I be? If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here.  Who knows what I would be doing. Living above the little bodega, still fighting to increase my walking and my fine motor skills?” For a moment Justin felt for Joan.  He knew what it was like to have to learn all that over again.

Before Justin came out of his own thoughts, Brian was breathing deeply and as Justin tried to move a little bit and Brian tightened his grip on Justin.  “I’m not going anywhere, darling.  I’m staying right here.”


“Wow, Emmett, that meal was amazing.” Len sat by the table with James as Em. James wrapped an arm around Emmett and pulled him close for a kiss.  “So how long have you been together?”

“It’s been about three months.”

“Watching you I would have thought it was more like three years.”

“When you know it is right, it’s right.” James commented and Em’s heart skipped a beat.  He had never loved someone the way he loved James.”

James got up and poured each of them a drink. The old friends continued to catch up.  James asked him about his driving job. “It’s not bad but it isn’t what I want to be doing in ten years.”

“I have actually taken some landscaping and horticulture classes.  I seem to have a knack for designing gardens. There isn’t work here, is there?”

“Not this time of year but next spring there might be.”

“Well, keep me in mind if you need help.  I think I could get used to living in a place like this and eating food like that.” Len took the last sip of whiskey. “I better get the limo back to the city.”

“You’re good to drive, right?” Emmett asked.

“That one small drink isn’t enough.  Thanks for the meal.” Len patted Em’s back and then he hugged James.  Emmett tensed, thinking the hug went a little longer than he liked.  

As the car pulled away, Em looked at James’ face. He then turned on his heel, walked to the door and locked James outside. He leaned against the door and waited for James to knock.  He hoped James knew how to play games like this. He wasn’t really mad but he wanted James to realize where his loyalty should lie and if he had anything to say about it, that man would never live on these grounds and better yet, not work here.

“Em, what’s the matter? Why did you lock me out?” James' low, husky voice came through the door.

“Were you and Len a couple?”  Em said through the door.

“No, Emmy, I told you I have never been in love until now.”

“Did you hook up?”

“Emmett, I don’t care who you have been with. I’m with you now.”

“You know you just answered my question.  I just fed dinner to one of your lovers!”

Rather than getting louder, James spoke softer. “Emmett Honeycutt, you are the only man I have ever loved.  You are the man I want to grow old with.” His voice got even softer, “You’re the one I want to make love to for the rest of my life, no, our lives.”

Emmett unlocked the door and fell into James’ arms. “Oh, I love you, James.” Moments later the door was locked and James was chasing Em into their bedroom as clothes began to fly.


Ronni pushed through the door to the main house.  Tracy was standing in the kitchen when Ronni let out a string of words she didn’t understand. Tracy poured some water over tea leaves and handed it to Ronni.  Ronni walked to the bar and poured some rum over top of it.

“What did Mrs. Kinney do this time?”

“That woman...how dare she tell me I wear too much makeup. What difference does it make to her?”

“I can go out the rest of the week.  I don’t have any more classes at night this week.  I guess I may not be able to be back right at 5:00.”

“The woman could sit alone for an hour. Maybe Brian will want to spend some time with her.”

“Ronni, remember, Justin said don’t ask him, no matter what.  And I think I understand now.”

“I can’t believe I am saying this but I understand why that man doesn’t want to see his mother.”

“Do you ever wonder what happened to someone like her to make her that way?” She poured a little of the alcohol into her cup. 

“I don’t care what happened to her.  My life wasn’t all roses but I would have never exposed Jamey to what I had to live through.  I would have given my life for him in a heartbeat.  That woman doesn’t seem to care about anyone but herself.  She had no right becoming a mother.”

“I wonder what the sister is like.” Tracy commented as she sipped her tea.

Ronni drained her cup and looked at her, “We’ll find out Saturday.  She’s coming for a visit.”

Tracy’s head snapped toward Ronni, “Holy shit, does Justin know, or Brian?”

“I just found out so if they know she contacted them.”

“I have a very bad feeling about this. Why do I feel so sorry for Justin?”

“Justin is so young to deal with all of this.”

“At least Brian is back and, well, I know I am here to support him.” She quickly added,   “We both are here for both of them.”

“Tracy, you aren’t falling for Justin, are you?”

“Of course not!” she said a little too quickly. She then added, “Of course you have to admit him is beautiful to look at and there is nothing wrong with looking. I better get to bed.  I will be up early to do some cooking for the next week and then I have the afternoon class.”

“We’ll talk in the morning.  I’ll have Jamie and Em come up for breakfast and between four adults someone should be able to be near the pool house for that hour. You are brave, volunteering to take most nights.”  With that the women went to their own rooms saying goodnight as they moved out of the kitchen.


Brian lay awake.  Part of it was the time change but part of it was knowing that his mother slept just a few yards away. He got out of bed, being careful not to wake Justin.  After slipping on a robe, he stood and stared at Justin for some time.  His hair was mussed and his skin seemed to glow in the light from the window.  He moved out of the room and peeked in to see Gus curled up in a ball.  He quietly walked in and covered his boy up, dropping a kiss on his cheek and then moved out.  He moved into Aaron’s room.  He stood at the window for a few minutes.  It overlooked the pool area and he could see a slight glow from the pool house.  

Brian was transported to the house he grew up in.  He had to be about Gus’ age and he was in trouble again.  He couldn’t remember what he had done but the main thing was he hadn’t faded into the background like he usually tried to do.  His mother got angry and told him to sit and shut up.

Brian didn’t remember doing it but he realized he was now holding Aaron against his chest. Aaron was half awake and reached up to touch Brian’s mouth. “You will never, ever have to worry about anything like that.” Brian kissed the boy’s downy head and as he sat in the rocker a tear rolled down his cheek. “You are so loved and you will always know how much you are wanted.”

Brian rocked gently and as Aaron went back to sleep, Brian’s mind went back to that day when he was about five. He had been told he would have to sit in that spot until his father had arrived home.  He had wet himself because his mother told him he couldn’t move from that spot. Claire had come home from school and snickered at him.  She slipped upstairs and out of her mother’s rage.  Later she had come down and made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for her dinner before going back upstairs.  Eventually, when his father hadn’t arrived home and it was his bedtime, his mom ran a bath for him and berated him for the laundry she would have to do.  He almost wished she had just spanked him and sent him to his room.

Aaron made a soft sound in his sleep, snapping Brian back to reality. He realized his cheeks were wet from the tears he hadn’t realized were still flowing.  He wasn’t sure he could live here with her so close to her children. He knew he could take care of himself now but….

Justin woke and reached for Brian only to find emptiness.  Where had he gone? Justin turned toward the stairs but then heard a soft noise that caught his attention.  He walked toward the nursery  and then realized the sound he heard was the rocking chair. He looked in and in the glow of the night light he saw Brian with Aaron.  Brian’s eyes were open but he didn’t seem to be seeing anything. He walked over and dropped to the floor by Brian’s feet and rested his head in Brian’s lap.  “Brian, are you alright?” He felt one of Brian’s hands in his hair. After he had been there several minutes he looked up, “Let’s put this little guy to bed and get a little more sleep ourselves.” 

Justin stood and let Brian kiss Aaron before he took him out of his arm.  Once the baby was tucked back in his bed, Justin slipped an arm around Brian and they walked back to their bedroom. They both took off their robes and before they got back in bed, Brian pulled Justin close.  He clung to him and Justin wrapped his arms around him.  Justin felt Brian’s body tremble slightly after a few moments he softly said, “We’re both cold, Let’s get in bed.” Justin walked Brian to his side of the bed and got in with him.  He pulled the blanket over both of them and then brought his mouth to Brian’s. After a gentle kiss he said, “Baby, you don’t have to decide now but if she is going to do this to you, you can face her or find another place for her to stay. She is not going to do this to you. Not when I am around! There is no way you could be a better father than you are.”

“Why do I let her do this to me?” Brian was absorbing the heat from Justin’s body and it was obvious he was coming out of his funk as his cock pressed against him. 

“Because she was your mother and was supposed to be the one you looked to for approval.  That’s what instinct tells you to do but she failed you.” Brian began to slide up and down against Justin who offered Brian his back and Brian pressed in.  As Justin relaxed and allowed the invasion Brain continued to move close and as his pelvis pressed tightly against Justin’s ass and Brian pressed his mouth against Justin’s ear.  “I love you, Justin. Thank you for loving me.”

“Damn, Brian, I didn’t have a choice. I loved you the first night but more importantly, I loved you the day you came and found me.” 

Brian started moving and slammed into Justin, over and over and soon they both were in a world that only belonged to the two of them. As they climaxed together, Brian kissed Justin’s neck and holding on to Justin tightly he went to sleep.


Justin was up with the boys before Brian woke up.  He was suffering from jet lag and the emotional strain of having his mother on the grounds had drained him.  As Gus ate breakfast between Emmett and James, Justin sipped on his coffee while Aaron cooed in his arms.  

“Alright, we will need someone to spend an hour or so with Joan this evening.  Tracy is off to a class and will get back somewhere between 6:00 and 6:30. She will take over when she gets back but…”

“I need to talk to her.” Everyone jumped at the sound of Brian’s voice. 

“Daddy, you’re awake!” Gus ran to him and Brian picked him up and hugged him.

“I can’t sleep the day away.  I have been out of town so I feel like it is my turn to sit with Ronni’s acquaintance.”  He walked over and sat down next to Justin, putting Gus on his lap.

“Daddy, I don’t think she is a happy lady.  But tomorrow night is Halloween so I want to bring her…”

“Gus, you are not to go near that pool house!” Brian snapped at his boy and instantly hugged him, “I’m sorry, Guster. I didn’t mean to sound mean.  I just have heard she is pretty sick so we don’t want to bother her.”

“It’s Ok, Daddy.  You love me, even if you sounded mad.”

“Oh, you can’t imagine how much I love you.” Brian held on tightly to Gus.  “Do we need to get you a costume?”

“No, Ronni is making me one.  She said I would put it on for a final filling tonight.”

“I think you mean fitting.” Justin smiled over at Brian and Gus.

“Ya, that’s it.”

“Well, now that’s settled, How about you try on your costume before we take you to school?” Ronni led Gus off to her room to put on his costume. 

“Brian, are you sure? I can sit with her.”

“I need to do this. It is time for me to be a man.”

“You proved that last night, more than once.” Justin smiled at him. 

Tracy brought a plate of food for Justin and Brian. “Can I hold this beauty while you eat?” Tracy took Aaron into her arms.

As Brian and Jusitn ate, Gus tiptoed out and then jumped at Brian and made a grrrr sound.  He stood in a dinosaur costume.  All the adults assured him he was scary and that he made a great T Rex and then it was time to leave for school, he was back in his normal clothes. Tomorrow he would take the costume to school with him.

Once Brian and Justin finished eating Tracy passed a sleeping Aaron to Brian and she started working in the kitchen. “I better go into the office for a while.”

“Brian, I thought you would stay home the rest of the week.” Justin said as he sat on Brian’s lap carefully, not wanting to jar Aaron.

“I need to get some paperwork to the office and do just a few things.  You and Aaron could come with me. We will be home long before 5:00. I know Cynthia would love to see Aaron.”

“That sounds great. I haven’t been in the city for a while. Maybe we can go to Primanti Brothers for lunch?”

“If we do that, we won’t need dinner.  On second thought, we will pick up dinner and bring it home with us.” As they left they let Tracy know they would bring dinner home and Brian and Justin left with Aaron.  

When they arrived at Kinnetik, Brian went into his office and Justin stood by Cynthia as she held Aaron and snuggled with him. “Justin, he is growing so quickly and he is such a sweetheart.”

Justin smiled, “Ya, he is such a good baby.” He took a deep breath, “Cynthia, I know he is coming home with me in a little while but you need to know, Joan moved  into our pool house after having a stroke.”

“Oh god, Justin, How did that happen?”

“I wasn’t really given a chance.  Anyway, I just don’t know what to expect from him.  He is going to talk to her tonight. I don’t really want him to but he insisted and the more I think about it, it might be what he needs.  He needs to know he is still in charge.  She has no power.  She can’t hurt him anymore.  Too bad the 5 year old Brian is still deep inside him and wants approval from his mommy.”

“Oh, that isn’t going to be easy but, Justin, you hold his heart now.  She doesn’t hold the power she did when he was a child and I agree, I think meeting with her will do him good and it has to feel good that it is on his turf. He has done so well for himself.” 

Justin kissed her cheek. “Thanks, I needed that. Now, I need to place an order for us to pick up.  Is there a phone…”

“I’ll take care of that. Just give me the order.”

“Cynthia, you don’t have…”

“I know I don’t have to but I will and you better go show that baby off.  Everyone wants to see him.”


Brian sat at his desk working on a little paperwork.  “Hey, Brian, I’m surprised to see you here this morning.”

“You needed these papers so I thought I would drop them off.”

“They could wait until tomorrow.”

“I know but tomorrow is Halloween and I want to be around for Gus.”

“So have you seen her?”

“Hell, Theodore, that took you less than five minutes to get into my shit.” Brian snapped at him.

“Brian, I….”

“No, I’m sorry.  I am going to meet with her tonight and I know it is going to be …..” He walked over and looked at the bar but then pulled a bottle of water out of the mini fridge and drank most of it. “I’m going to talk to her tonight and I am not going to let her make me feel like shit and I am not going to play into her guilt.”

“Brian, come here and look at that young man out there.” Brian looked out and sawJustin talking to one of the young men in his art department who was making Aaron smile.  “Justin is the most intuitive person I have ever met and he has known since the first night he met you that you were the man he needed to make his life complete and it is obvious how good he is for you.  Live for the future not in the past.  I have known you for, what, about 10 years? You know as well as I do, your life came together the day you let him touch your heart.  Don’t let your past take that away from you.”

Justin could feel Brian’s eyes and looked at the office.  He moved Aaron’s hand so he waved at him. “Thanks, Ted, you’re right.  I need to face the woman who gave me life and tell her she has no power over it now.”

“Exactly, now, let’s get this paperwork sorted so you can go face what was and go on to what will be.”

“You better watch it, Theodore.  You are getting philosophical in your old age.” Then he softened his voice, “Thanks, Ted.  I know I can always count on you, too.”

An hour later, Brian walked out of his office.  He had finished up what had to be done this week and the rest would wait until Monday.  The rest of today was for his family and tomorrow was Friday and Halloween so it was going to be Gus’ day and he would see how the weekend played out.  He knew his sister was coming Saturday but she was coming to HIS house and his rules were the only ones that counted.

After stopping to pick up the sandwiches and salads, Justin and Brian held hands all the way home as Aaron napped in the back. “Damn, I missed you.” Justin said as Brian drove.  “Obviously, I missed you in bed but I forgot how much I just like being with you.”

“I never forget how much I need you.” Brian kissed Justin’s hand.  “When will Gus arrive home?”

“He is probably home already. Why?”

“I was hoping we would have time to…”

“There is always time for that.  Gus always takes a nap when he gets home and we should have an hour and a half before you go to the pool house.”

With Aaron secure with Ronni, Brian and Justin stripped and were soon in bed.  Justin started at Brian’s face, kissing his forehead and then each eye and then his tongue trailed along Brian’s jaw but before he could move further down, Brian flipped him over and had him on his stomach before he realized it. Brian straddled him, pinning his wrist above his head and after he had licked and kissed every inch of his upper back he moved lower and lower until his tongue slid between Justin’s cheeks and as his tongue began to probe Justin’s bud, and as Justin arched cumming hard, Brian started laughing. 

Justin looked over his shoulder curiously, “Brian, are you Ok?” He rolled off Justin and laid on his back continuing to laugh. “Bri? What is it?”

“I just decided I really need to greet my mother with a kiss.  And then tell her I just had my tongue up your ass.”

Justin had to laugh along with him. Soon they were in the shower and thirty minutes later they were downstairs.  Gus had woken and Justin sat on the floor and were building a tower with blocks.  Brian walked over and kissed Gus and then kissed Justin.

“Love you, Brian.”

“I love you, too, Daddy!” Gus wrapped his arms around his dad’s neck.  “We will wait and eat those ginormous sandwiches when you come back.”

“Thanks, Gus, but if you get too hungry you can start without me.”

“No, I will wait.  Ronni just gave me a snack. I want to eat with both my dads.”

“I love you, both.” And with that Brian walked out the door and went to meet with his mother.