- Text Size +

CHAPTER 13 - FIFTEEN LOVE...


JUSTIN


“Control yourself.” I order a sniggering Brian. We are parked down a side road by the diner whilst keeping Michael and Lindsay waiting. He’d insisted that we pass the time by making out, which was an excellent idea. However, this meant I’ve had to make myself decent as the bases of making out shifted along with his hands. As I check my reflection in the side mirror, whilst he remains in the car, I notice his fly. “Brian!” 


“What? Mine weren’t the only hands that wandered.” He returns as he adjusts first his tie and one hair, whilst affording me glimpses of his pubes, they glint teasingly in the sunlight. “Get going. You remember what you have to do?”


“Do it up.” I groan. “And yes I do remember, you’re not that much of a distraction.”


“Look me in my eyes and say that.” He titters, whilst I huff and blush. “Want a chaste kiss for luck?” I lean in and give his cock a gentle squeeze in tandem, he sighs and rocks against my hand. “Cocksqueezer begone or Mel will be pissed!” 


“Later.” 


DINER


LINDSAY


I’m peeved that Michael has refused to move from the seat facing the door, which means I have to rely on either his eyes lighting or the table lifting up when Justin arrives! I smooth down my jacket and try not to let my irritation over his lateness show.


The shift in the air coincides with Michael dropping his phone, so he’s under the table when Justin arrives, the booth next to us comes free, swiftly I point to it and he sits down. I glide out and sit next to him, sadly having managed to kick his phone further under the seat.


“How lovely to finally meet you in the flesh Justin, I’ve admired you and your talent from afar.”


“Thank you Lindsay, no Michael?” He looks around, then frowns as a dishevelled Michael appears rubbing his head whilst grimacing at his phone and sitting down. “Why’s he over there?”


“I’m not sure.” I shrug, his flummoxed/disgusted look is a joy to behold. “Michael. Are you joining us?” 


He quickly masks his confusion and scurries over. “My apologies Justin, I dropped my phone.”


“Butterfingers.” I smirk. “Whilst you’re up Justin what would you like to order?”


“Yes, but you first please Lindsay.” He replies like the gentleman that Michael could never be. 


“Thank you, Justin. An Americano and water - still please Michael.”


“Sure.” He heads to the counter, Justin and I exchange looks. “Same like you had last time Justin?” He calls over his shoulder.


“You’ve got a good memory Michael.” He takes off his jacket then pulls out a document wallet. “I’d already ordered by the time he arrived.” 


“I see.” I smile knowing that once more Michael will be on the backfoot because all he bleated about was Brian. “Is that the contract? Are you willing to sign it now? I do hope so as I look forward to curating your show.”


“You’d be curating it? I hadn’t realised, I thought it would be Michael.” He looks profoundly relieved, then he frowns. “Do you paint or draw?” 


My heart skips a beat. “I draw. I don’t have your talent of course. Would - would you be so kind as to cast an eye over them?”


“I’d love to! Do you have them with you?” 


“No. Michael didn’t think it would be appropriate right now.” I lament.


“How unsupportive is that?!” He sneers, before taking out a piece of paper and a pencil. “Just draw something for me please?” 


I had hoped he would do this and had something in mind, as I begin to draw, I keep an eye on Michael as he returns to the table with our order looking exasperated. “I'm so sorry about that Justin.”


“That’s okay, you’ve not been that long.” He returns. “Need some help.”


“Lindsay can, you’re our guest.” As I look up, he’s handing me the water, with the glass at an angle, he smirks as it dribbles onto my picture. “Me and my butterfingers. I’ll just get rid of that for you.” Before I can react, he’s balled it up and lobbed it into the trashcan by the counter. 


JUSTIN


She's silent as she puts my order in front of me. I return it to the tray.


“That's what Brian Kinney had. Does he know you, and oh Kip, are so fixated on him?” I tear more paper. “Lindsay, here.” As she restarts her drawing, she’s smugly grateful. “Michael, I’ll give you a chance to redeem yourself.” He’s red faced and jaw grinding as he signals the waitress. 


“Yes hon. What can I get you?”


“I’d like a coffee please with sprinkles.” I feel his glance stabbing into my head with every word, whilst I focus on Lindsay. “And a doughnut.” 


“Sorry hon, a coffee with sprinkles? Don’t you mean hot chocolate and what doughnut, we’ve got quite a selection?”


“Yes coffee chocolate and chocolate.” He babbles.


“Who’s he ordering for?” She sighs, I raise my hand. “What did you want sweetheart?”


“Sparkling water and a lemon bar please.” I smile at her. “You can take away the hot chocolate and the slice.” She does so whilst Michael fidgets. “Lindsay, that looks great. Have you ever shown yourself?”


“Thank you for your words of encouragement. I’ve not had any artistic time for myself with supporting Michael in his writing, then the business. Now let's discuss how we can best represent you.”


“Well I’ve been approached by Sidney Bloom to do a show in a couple of months.” She gasps and gapes. “Lindsay? Are you okay?”


“Sidney Bloom of Bloom Galleries?!”


“Yeah. There’s a bit of nepotism, I’ve known him for years and he’s always wanted me to do a show. And I was a bit of a snob, saying no because it was going to be here, but now it's in New York. I’d be an idiot not to agree. Mind if I take a picture of this?” She is bobble-nodding, he looks bored, I take my time setting up the shot then really look at it - despite her behaviour - there’s talent there. “It’s your turn Michael.”


If he’d been wearing a tie, he’d have adjusted it with a smirk. “Thanks Justin, now this contract, here's a fresh copy for you to sign. It’s exactly the same as the one you have.”


“That’s great. However, when I said turn, I meant for you to be supportive of Lindsay.” I focus on her face, feeling her heart hammering. “I want to recommend you to show in New York with me, there’s a space for another artist. Would you like that?”


“I’d love that! Are you serious, you really think I could?!”


MICHAEL


Oh for crying out loud, she’s going to be insufferable but it gets her out of my hair and that’s all that matters. 


“Michael, it is Michael right? Hi.” A guy smiles at me. “What a coincidence someone was looking for you!” 


“Who was and who are you again?”


“Some kid and it’s Curtis, we went to school together. I loved your Mom’s meatloaf and always went for thirds, if that helps jog your memory.”


“Holy Christ! Hi, how are you doing?!” I get up to shake his hand but he pulls me into a hug, he smells so good! He smells more than good, he smells of just pure sex, I shift myself away slightly. “Are you still in Pittsburgh?”


“Only for a couple of weeks. Am emigrating to San Frediano.”


“San Frediano, as in Florence? Wait a second! You’re gay, how long have you been out?” I gape at him, I’d always fancied him.


“Oh years.”


“Hi there, I’m Lindsay and this is Justin, our soon to be client.”


“I’m so sorry about that guys!” I blush. “I was just thrown a bit, haven’t seen him in years as you heard!”


“That’s okay Michael.” Justin smiles. “Hold up, does that mean you know Brian Kinney?”


“Yeah!” 


“He’s done really well for himself hasn’t he?” Justin boasts.


“To say the least!” Curtis chuckles. “Hooking up with Drew Boyd, now that's shooting and landing high. Wonder who tops?”


“Kinney, I should imagine.” Lindsay declares, when Justin nods, I scowl. “Thought so, he doesn’t seem the type to bottom.”


“That was a nod of confirmation if ever I saw one.” Curtis waggles his eyebrows at Justin.


“It’s obvious that he tops.” Justin states. “Like if Michael was gay he’d be a bottom. You can tell by the way a guy carries himself.” 


How fucking dare they?!!


“True. How’d you know Brian?”


“I’m working on a couple of projects for him.”


“Wait a minute, you’re still working for him, despite what happened?” I decide to take the opportunity to knock Brian further off their pedestal with a little embellishment and fortune favours my bravery with the arrival of two reporters from Pittsburgh Out who take the booth in front of us. I catch his eye, he nods in recognition. “You know about Brian Kinney giving Drew Boyd that thing?”


“What thing?” Curtis asks.


“Brian gave Drew something - somewhat unsavoury. You knew what he was like in school, right?” The reporter’s eyes widen. “Wasn’t his promiscuity the reason he left early under that cloud?”


“What promiscuity? What cloud?” Curtis frowns.


“Michael. Can we get back to our business please and not discuss my friend in a public place where he can’t defend himself?”


“Why didn’t he defend himself in that picture with the kid? They were too close, don't you think?”


“Like I said, he’s not here, we’ve not discussed it, so I can’t and won’t comment. We're here for the contract and Lindsay’s participation in my show.”


I inhale sharply at her kick to my ankle and plaster on a smile. “I’m only commenting on what is out there. But if you’re comfortable with associating a chickenhawk, especially if he’s going to be around my wife, then the morality clause needs to be adjusted a little. You understand don’t you?” I can’t believe that Justin walked into that, this is just too perfect!


“Michael, let’s take this to the office now. Much more conducive to business discussions.”


“Of course. It was good to catch up with you Curtis. Maybe we can meet for a farewell drink?”


“Um, sure. Okay, do you want my number or email?” 


“Yeah, let me just get you a card.”


“Great, I’m just going to the john.”


I smirk as one of the reporters follows him, my joy is short lived when Uncle Vic comes in, what is he doing here?! I brush my phone off the table and duck down.  


He’s nowhere in sight when I get back up, smiling tightly, as Justin picks now to read the contract! “Come on Justin, as Lindsay said let’s go elsewhere to discuss shows and contracts! I can’t wait to show my support for you honey.”


“Then you need to go and get the one you tossed in the trash back, don’t you?” Lindsay states, whilst Justin smirks as he reads. “The quicker you get it the quicker we leave, honey.”


Fuming I go to the can and of course more stuff has been piled on top of it! “Excuse me, can I talk to you for a second?” I turn around and find myself looking at the kid from the picture with Kinney, this is just great! 


“Um, yes, who are you?”


“My name is Gus.” 


“I recognise you. You were that kid that was ensnared by Brian Kinney weren’t you?”


“I wouldn’t say that, but I want to talk to you about that picture and what you said just now.”


“Of course! Give me a minute or two. Let me reschedule my current meeting, then we can talk. By the way, how old are you?”


“I’m 19.”


“And Brian Kinney’s 34. Yeah, we’ve got a lot to discuss.” I find her doodle and return to the table. “You two go back and talk about exhibitions, I’ve got a meeting I had forgotten about now.”


“Of course, let’s go Justin, we can take in dinner maybe?”


“Yeah, let’s get away from their love shall we?” He nods behind me. 


I turn and find Curtis and Uncle Vic locked in an embrace. “What the fuck are you two doing?!” I explode, as they take their time to part I get my wits together. “There’s a time and a place for that kind of thing and this is not it!” 


“What’s with the hypocrisy?” Curtis frowns. “You were slavering like a wolf when you found out that I’m gay.”


“Yeah!” The waitress chimes in. “Jealous much?” I glower her. “I saw you checking out his ass as he walked away!”


“You were checking out my boyfriend?” Uncle Vic drawls, arms still around Curtis. “You keep those mucky bi-paws to yourself.”


“Wait, how do you know each other?” Curtis looks between us, I glare at Uncle Vic, willing him to be quiet. “And what do you mean bi-paws?”


“Oh he’s the CEO of Rage PR. Rumours have swirled around him for years that he both sucks and blows. People say his and Lindsay's marriage is all for outward respectability.”


“Lindsay, as in the woman I just met?! Wow, I always thought he was closeted not that he swung both ways.”


“Gus! What the hell are you doing here?!” Booms Brian Kinney from the doorway. 


“You’re not getting anywhere near him!” I declare, pulling Gus behind me. “It’s bad enough what you did to Boyd, you’re not harming this child!”


“Get away from me!” Gus cries.


“You heard him, everyone did, get away!” I yell, relieved that the attention is not on me now.


“I’m talking to you! Let go!” Gus yanks himself free and runs to Brian. 


“Show me your wrist.” He growls, he gets angrier as he inspects it. “That’s going to bruise. Gus, call the police. I’m going to have you arrested for assault.”


“I didn't assault your chicken boyfriend you hawk! I always knew there was something off with you!” 


“Stop calling my dad names!” Gus bellows. “That’s the second time he’s said that about you.”


My heart and ass are in my boots, why wasn’t this found out by Leon?!


“Is it now? When was the first time?” Brian doesn’t take his eyes off of me, 


“About ten minutes ago, he was sitting there, with two people but they’ve gone now.”


“I can vouch for what he heard.” I feel my world is starting to end when Blake Wyzecki stands up. “And I’ve got a lot more to say besides that.”

Chapter End Notes:

Please be kind and constructive if reviewing.