- Text Size +

 

                                                               CHAPTER 2

 


 

 

The Diner.

 

Mel and Ted had arrived at the diner first. 

"Evening Kiki" Said Mel as she gave Kiki a kiss on the cheek. 

"Evening to you all" Said Kiki.

"Where's Debbie?" Asked Ted.

"Bathroom, But she will be out soon. Can I take your order?" Asked Kiki.

"We are just waiting for the others but as soon as they come then you can take our order, but we shall have a coffee as we are waiting please." Replied Mel. 

Kiki went to get them a coffee as Debbie came out of the bathroom.

"I hope you washed your hands, Don't know where they have been?" Said a voice behind them.

"You little shit" Debbie said laughing. 

She turned around to see Brian, Mel and Ted laughing.

Brian sat down opposite Ted and Mel. Mel asked how the business trip went.

"Very well of course. Ted moped the whole time. He wanted to get back to Jenny" Said Brian.

"And you as well babe." Ted quickly said to Mel.

Mel laughed. "Of course Ted, of course" 

Mel was telling them about her next court case which involved a drug dealing gang, when Michael and Lindsey arrived. Lindsey quickly sat next to Brian, Which made Mel giggle, and Michael sat next to her. "Everything alright Melanie?" Asked Lindsey.

"Yeah everything is fine. How are you and Michael?" Mel asked Lindsey.

"Why is there trouble in paradise?" Said Michael looking from Mel to Ted.

"Everything is perfect. We were just discussing our holiday. I'm thinking 3 weeks in the meditaranian sun, What do you think honey?" Ted asked Mel, Giving her a wink. 

Mel grabbed Ted and gave him a deep kiss.

"I think that's a yes, Schmit. Let me know when so I can make sure the books are up to date before you go" Brian told Ted. Ted nodded.

Emmett soon arrived dressed in orange trousers and a pink Jumper. Emmett went to sit next to Michael but Michael had moved up to the end, so Emmett couldn't sit there.

"Michael sweetie, do you mind budging up so i can sit down please." Asked Emmett.

"Sorry Emmett but there is no more room. Why not sit on the other side or the other booth" Replied Michael. No way was Emmett going to sit next to him. NO FUCKING WAY.

"Here Ems, come and sit next to me" said Ted patting the seat next to him.

"Thank you Teddy, At Least someone has manners," Emmett said quietly. Emmett never liked Michael or Lindsey. He always felt something was off with them. 

"How is your sportswear account going?" Emmett asked Brian. "I remember you were having trouble with the art department."

The art department are fucking useless. I ask them to draw something and i swear a fucking blindman with no arms could do better. I need someone who can at least draw." Brian huffed.

Mel was breastfeeding Jenny and looked at Brian. "You know Brian, When i was younger i used to babysit a boy. I looked after him from newborn until he was 5 and I was 16. I tell you something, his drawings were amazing. He said he was going to marry me when he got older." Mel told Brian laughing.

Brian was intrigued now. "Does he still draw? Do you still see him?" Asked Brian.

"Mel noone draws that good at 5 years old." Lindsey snarked at Mel.

"I don't know if he still draws Brian. Hopefully he does, And yes Lindsey he does draw that good. I haven't seen him for years, 12years to be exact."

"What happened?" Asked Brian

"I went to babysit him one saturday, just like i did every saturday. I took one of my girl friends with me, Miranda was her name. Miranda was a lesbian but had a kind caring heart. Well we went round there and looked after the boy. We didn't hear his parents come back and they overheard Miranda telling us about her girlfriend. They went berserk and said nasty stuff to her and threw her out of the house. I was banned from ever going there again." Mel was crying after telling them. 

"Well it's her own fault. If she had kept quiet then everything would have been ok. You don't always have to flaunt it." Said Michael, looking at Emmett.

"You got something to say about the way I dress?" Emmett asked Michael

"Of course not" Michael replied.

Brian looked between Emmett and Michael. "All sorted now?" Brian asked them both. Michael nodded as Emmett just looked at Brian. Brian continued "Mel do you know where......What was the boy's name?" Brian asked.

"Justin Taylor, his name was Justin Taylor. He had the blondest hair I had ever seen, and the brightest smile. He would be 17 now, so he must be in high school." 

"Do you think you could ask him?" Brian asked.

"Sure, I have a free day tomorrow so i'll go around and ask." Said Mel.

"Do you want any company?" Asked Emmett

"YOU" Michael shouted out and Michael and Lindsey started laughing.

"What is wrong with Emmett?" Asked Ted angrily.

"What is right with him you mean?" Laughed Michael.

"Michael apologise right now" Scorned Lindsey.

"What i mean is that this parents are more than likely against gays, and they are going to know Emmett is gay" Michael Backtracked.

"I'm going with Ted anyway," Mel said getting up. " We better be going home to give Jenny a bath and bedtime. I will let you know how we get on. Come on Ted. Good night all" And off they went.

The next day Mel and Ted went to Justin Taylor's house. Mel knocked. A Well dressed man answered the door. 

"Mel how nice to see you again"

"Hello again Craig. This my husband Ted and daughter Jenny. I wondered if I could talk to you."

"Of course, I don't know what help I will be but come in. Jennifer we have guests" Mel and Ted entered and the door shut behind them. The first thing Mel noticed was there were no pics of Justin. Not one. Mel had a very uneasy feeling, She only hoped she wasn't proved right.