- Text Size +

 

                                      CHAPTER 4

 


 

 

Mel's office.

 

Brian had felt guilty for snapping at Mel, So he decided to go to her office and try and see if there was anything he could do to help. On the way he bumped into Michael.

"Where are you going?" Michael asked Brian.

"Mel's office. I wanted to offer my help" Replied Brian.

By the time he got to Mel's office Michael was still with him.

"Is Mel in please" Brian asked the receptionist.

"I will just check for you" She phoned through to Mel's office, spoke and then let Brian and Michael enter.

"Brian and Michael, what are you doing here?"

"I came to offer my help. I do care what happens to him, all us gays have to stick together after all" 

"What the fuck is going on. Who are you trying to find?" Michael screeched.

"No one you know."

"Mel if you tell me then I might have some idea how to help. It's not only Brian that has idea's"

"He is a 17year old boy that I used to look after and I found out that his parents had thrown him out."

"You mean that boy Justin. You spoke about him in the diner"

"Why do you sound so interested?" Queried Brian

"I'm not" Protested Michael "I just remember Mel talking about him, that's all." Michael's phone beeped. He looked at it and got up to leave. "Well I better get back to work. Hope you find your friend." Michael quickly left. 

"That was strange" Said Mel

"You know Mikey, He is always strange." Said Brian. "Mel you said Justin was 17 so he should be at school, Have you tried there?"

"Well actually Brian, i was going to ask you to come with me if you would"

"Of course i would. Get you coat, There's no time like the present." Brian helped Mel with her coat and they left for St.James.

 

On the way to the big Q.

 

"What the fuck are you messaging me on my phone for. I was with people you fucking idiot. Next time message to call you and nothing else, ok?. Now that it is sorted did you do it? Did you get the job done? Brilliant, I have to go but will see you soon. Bye" Michael ended the call and carried on to work with a smile on his face.

 

St.James

 

Mel and Brian had walked into St.james and went to the receptionist.

"Good afternoon, my name is Melanie Marcus and this is my assistant Brian Kinney. I was wondering if we could speak to Justin Taylor please."

"We don't give out information on students. Could you tell me what it is about"

"I'm an attorney and Justin is a witness in a case I'm working on. It was just a couple of questions I needed to ask him."

As Mel was talking the Dean had come in.

"Dean Harper, This is Mrs Marcus and her assistant Mr Kinney. They want to speak to Justin Taylor. He is a witness in a case."

"Let me see if I can allocate him for you" Said Dean Harper. "Im sorry but he isn't in today"

"Shit, Sorry it's just very important i speak to him." Mel was annoyed. She was so close but yet so far.

It was Brian who spoke next, "Do you have a home address for him. Apparently the one we got is wrong"

"The only one we got is his parents address" Said the receptionist.

"I have to go, but if i leave you my card can you please call me as soon as he comes in please?" Begged Mel.

"Most certainly Mrs Marcus" Replied Dean Harper. He left a note on the computer and gave the card to the receptionist.

Brian and Mel left. "Hey Mel, Don't worry we will find him" Brian reassured Mel and gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

 

Kinnetik

 

Two weeks had gone past and Brian had advertised for some staff for his art department. He didn't want to have face to face interviews. What he had done was the applicants had to send artwork in of an advertisement he had made up. Whichever artwork he thought was good, he would give them a face to face interview.

Brian had received a lot of replies, most he binned. He was going through them when one really stood out to him. It was amazing. "Cynthia, can you ask this person in for a interview"

Cynthia picked up the paper. "It certainly is amazing. I will call him straight away."

Soon Cynthia was back. 

"He is on his way now boss. He said he was eager to work and needed the money."

"Thank Cyn, show him the way in when he gets here please"

"Will do'' Cynthia shut the door and Brian decided to get some work done. He was deep in thought thinking if the artist was really that good then all his prayers were answered.There was a knock and Cynthia came in with a young boy.

No it couldn't be, could it?

"Good afternoon and what is your name?" Brian asked curiously

"Justin, Justin Taylor. It's a pleasure to meet you" And he held out his hand for Brian to shake. 

Bria was in awe at how beautiful this young boy was. He shook Justin's hand and sparks went through them. 

Brian told Justin to take a seat. He went to get himself and Justin a coffee. Whilst he was getting the coffee he messaged Mel. 

Mel quickly phone back

"Do not let him go until i get there. I'm on my way" She hung up.

Brian made his way back to the office where Justin was. Just thinking about Justin his hands were getting all sweaty.

He opened the door and entered. He gave Justin his coffee and sat on the other side of the desk. 

"Well Justin let's begin the interview....."